***Philadelphia Flyers vs. LA Kings GDT 11/11/23 7:30pm on BSW***

Congratulations to the single poster who correctly guessed both 11 points by Forwards and Frost for the Gwg:

2 points:
hihicarp

Everyone else was an or

11 points or Frost (1 point):
AngelEyes
Cross Traffic
Rusty
CIrvine
katydid213
JayWells24
Bill Hicks
Jerram
puckoff
RagBone
Liz4LA
Dr. Tran
Chateau Bow Wow
Guinevere
VegasHockey
forum gold
sonnyboy11
SaltyPuck

At least they get 4 days to sort whatever that was out of their system. Probably getting no points out of that had to be more frustrating than only getting one on Thursday. In both cases this is what it feels like when those shots aren't going in at a league leading shot percentage. Fixing the pp would help offset that.

Is there chemistry between Dubois and anybody? He has a habit for coasting lazily around the ice. I don't disagree about Fiala. He's piling on points but half the team is gripping the stick as Foxy would say. Our saving grace atm is more or less consistent scoring through all 4 lines, especially thanks to Tonka and the 4th line, and Moore, who continue to impress, but a few players definitely have another level to their game - and I'll be damned at how Kopitar is 36 and still nearly leading scoring on the team. The home game/power play thing is just sad at the moment - though I guess we're 17th? Feels worse but could definitely be improved.

I'm not sure what Fiala did to anybody but he seems to be under a microscope lately - he has 12 assists.. Do they want goals from him? I guess the obvious is the giveaway goal per game rate he is almost on and the timely penalties.. I'll say he hasn't looked the same since his injury last January? or so, before he was officially hurt. He definitely lets every micro mistake get under his skin and lead to more and more. The effort's there and the skill but he has a mental barrier to his game. He's one of my favorites in a long time so I really hope he gets it sorted. I think that 78 had a good game and needs to move on - 22 is not going to do much with 80 and 78. The last few games Fiala is making just bad passes too - which is unsettling. For 10 games or so he was playing his game, making amazing plays, and nobody was catching the pass, or completing the play, which I think got to him, and now it's just leading to horrible turnovers like the pass to Moore which was missed and led to a goal. Of course he's a millionaire professional and needs to get one of those stone massages and a yoga session with mindfulness tapes and get his sh*t together soon. He's the first player I've bought a jersey for (my wife) since the one in my avatar (Quick) in 2011...

I think the Flyers and Tortorella made some great changes to their game to outclass the Kings at home after their own 5-0 defeat, while the Kings made changes to make things worse. The Kings definitely got scouted a bit with the rush every time we took a shot - there were 3 breakaways? in the first period against us with that broken shot hail mary pass thing - it wasn't a good look for us.

Todd:

View attachment 7184

The reason Fiala is under a microscope is because Blake paid a hefty price in terms of assets to acquire him and an even bigger financial commitment to sign him through his prime. To paraphrase Peter Parker’s uncle “with a great paycheck comes great responsibility.”

Fiala’s play has yet to come close to matching his paycheck this season and the season is already 17% over. He has got to get his game right soon because competition in the division is much stiffer than last season.

Dubois gets a bit more slack as someone coming into a brand new situation but he’s got to pick up his play too. There’s no real excuse for either one of the two to suck so badly on the PP. They just aren’t making enough plays.

Well at least I wasn't the only one who jinxed this with no picks for the flyers...ugh.

The reason Fiala is under a microscope is because Blake paid a hefty price in terms of assets to acquire him and an even bigger financial commitment to sign him through his prime. To paraphrase Peter Parker’s uncle “with a great paycheck comes great responsibility.”

Fiala’s play has yet to come close to matching his paycheck this season and the season is already 17% over. He has got to get his game right soon because competition in the division is much stiffer than last season.

Dubois gets a bit more slack as someone coming into a brand new situation but he’s got to pick up his play too. There’s no real excuse for either one of the two to suck so badly on the PP. They just aren’t making enough plays.

-5 - yikes

First time I've sat "down close" this season. Flyers were flying - definitely learned from last week's game. And they were hitting! Hard hitting led directly to goal 3, I think it was? (in the 3rd period).

PLD....what can I say about you? I only notice that you are even out there about 2 times a game - And that's because I see someone you should be passing to, and you're not. The rest of the time you seem to not care if you touch the puck or not, or if anyone on your line touches the puck.

Grundy-Lizotte-Lewis line, you're rockin' it!!

Powerless Play - get it together!!! We're all very impressed that you can pass the puck around in the zone for 1:45 straight without getting any shots on goal, but the point of hockey is to get shots on goal.

Very disappointing game last night when we had the chance to come out and grab 2 points and a lift going into the 4 day break. ugh.

First time I've sat "down close" this season. Flyers were flying - definitely learned from last week's game. And they were hitting! Hard hitting led directly to goal 3, I think it was? (in the 3rd period).

PLD....what can I say about you? I only notice that you are even out there about 2 times a game - And that's because I see someone you should be passing to, and you're not. The rest of the time you seem to not care if you touch the puck or not, or if anyone on your line touches the puck.

Grundy-Lizotte-Lewis line, you're rockin' it!!

Powerless Play - get it together!!! We're all very impressed that you can pass the puck around in the zone for 1:45 straight without getting any shots on goal, but the point of hockey is to get shots on goal.

Very disappointing game last night when we had the chance to come out and grab 2 points and a lift going into the 4 day break. ugh.

Pretty much. Ya know I've never sat down close except for pre season. Will arrange if I ever visit LA again, lol. I'm not sold whatsoever on PLD so far and the PP is just sad, but it's a long season and I hope those units get it together. 4 day break...

Easily the team’s worst game so doesn’t bother me. And 3rd game in 4 nights didn’t affect them per Todd same as they have faith in Copey right now.

Glad to see the top line really on it right now. Trouble is PHI was excellent shutting them down mostly and the middle 6 was too off to pick up the slack.

Back
Top Bottom