Fast Food Popeye's Chicken Sandwich

Dr. Tran

Top Forward
I finally got to try it. I got one regular & one spicy. They were good, definitely above average. But not great, not the best ever, not worth waiting in long lines, & not worth stabbing anyone over. I can't believe how much hype there was over these things.

That gets me to another thing. I used to get the 2 piece special all the time. But now hardly any place has it anymore. And for those that do the price went from 1.99 to 2.49 to now 2.99, which isn't much of a bargain anymore. I know it makes me sound like an old man going on about how you used to get a hamburger for a nickel back in the day. But this jump in price came fairly recently.

Still, it's better than KFC.

I finally got to try it. I got one regular & one spicy. They were good, definitely above average. But not great, not the best ever, not worth waiting in long lines, & not worth stabbing anyone over. I can't believe how much hype there was over these things.

That gets me to another thing. I used to get the 2 piece special all the time. But now hardly any place has it anymore. And for those that do the price went from 1.99 to 2.49 to now 2.99, which isn't much of a bargain anymore. I know it makes me sound like an old man going on about how you used to get a hamburger for a nickel back in the day. But this jump in price came fairly recently.

Still, it's better than KFC.

At least Popeye's cooks their chicken all the way through...unlike Chick-fil-A...who I swear that they must get their chicken from Chernobyl Farms...

At those inflated prices for under-cooked chicken dinners (in my case the spicy chicken sandwich)...they have to be better than KFC...but they failed that test...

You know it's bad when KFC isn't the worst chicken in town...

I changed my mind about the Popeyes chicken sandwich. They're actually quite tasty, the spicy one at least. The hype was overblown though. And the lines were ridiculous. But it's very good. And it's only $4 by itself.

Is there any way for a moderator to change the title of this thread from "Popeye's Chicken Sandwich" to just "Chicken Sandwich"? This way the thread could be about all fast food chicken sandwiches & not just the one from Popeye's. And could you also combine the thread of "Nashville Hot Chicken" with this one?

Anyway, I just tried the McDonald's Spicy Chicken Sandwich. For some reason I thought it would also be crispy. Maybe that's my fault. But it was soft & soggy. It was spicy though so that was good. I should try the regular Crispy Chicken Sandwich. That's supposed to be like Chick-Fil-A & I don't want to go to that place for reasons.

Has anyone tried the Korean-Style Fried Chick'n Sandwich from Shake Shack? It's a crispy gochujang glazed chicken breast topped with toasted sesame seeds & sitting over a white kimchi slaw. But the nearest Shake Shack is over 50 miles away in Pasadena. But this is the chicken sandwich I'd most like to try.

Apparently I'm not trying Shake Shack's Korean fried chicken sandwich. I didn't see if it was for a limited time but it's not on the menu anymore. And there were complaints about "cultural appropriation". Which when it comes to food is BS, IMO. It shouldn't matter where a dish comes from or who's cooking it. If they can cook it right then it should be all good. As someone who cooks for a living & who can cook any cuisine, this idea bugs the hell out of me. Besides, any cook in any restaurant is likely to be Mexican anyway, no matter the cuisine.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom