WTS: La La Land @ The 'Peg

Rusty

I lost my password
TEAM LGK
Pre Game
The Jets are back home tonight in what I was hoping to be the?
{Meme pic of the Burger King and Col. Sanders}
CLASH OF THE TITANS
BURGER KING VS THE COLONEL
Unfortunately, Kyle Connor (and Nate Schmidt) are still in COVID protocol, so the CLASH will have to wait for another time. After the embarrassing loss to the Maple Buds on Thursday, Winnipeg is ready to rebound in hopes of trying to make one of the last Wild Card spots in the Conference. Meanwhile, the Burger Kings are sitting pretty in a playoff spot, a whole eight points ahead of our beloved team. But the Kings are only 5-3-2 in their last ten, while the Jets are 7-3 in their last ten. Without the Colonel, can we beat these burger barons from SoCal? Maybe we will get lucky...
No matter what, let's beat these guys tonight and have a WHOPPER of a game! Go Jets Go!

Bring the drinks, the usual suspects, the recent heartache, the renewed thrust.
I'm always in the mood for a CLASH
The "Kings" have been slightly more royal than not lately, winning a few tough games. Lets put the throttle down Jets, hammer these scrubs. The Kings are secretly begging to be melted down.

Or whether doth my team, facing those crowned untrue,
Skate with yon monarch's plague, this flattery?
Or whether shall I say, mine face turneth blue,
And that Canada Life?s glow brews this alchemy,
To take on monsters and of things indigest
Such cherubins as our sweet Jets resemble,
Creating every bad a perfect best,
As fast as pucks to our shortwall assemble?
O! 'tis the worst, 'tis Doughty in sight (the toothless bastard),
And his fans minds most kingly drinks it up:
Mine eye knows what with our top six will do dastard,
And to our palate doth strive for the bleeding cup:
If it be a Jets win, 'tis well the lesser sin
That mine eye loves it and doth first begin.

Why was the loss to the Maple Leafs embarrassing?
On the road, second of a back to back, ot the night before, backup goalie, missing our best player and top 4 d, against a top 5 team, and 2 eng padding the score.
The preds lost to the Sabres - I guess they should disband.
?Perhaps embarassment is not the correct word for some, rather that the loss could be underscored and embroidered by the sheer volume and power of dislike (real or imagined) of the Leaves bringing the exquisite pain the loss into stark relief. A heightened sense of loss, one's sense of worth jabbed; deflated, and felt more acutely, and not to be lumped among sundry losses to less odious teams?

Hopefully the Jets know this is a 6pm start and there are 3 periods in a hockey game.

Pierre Luc-Dubois is the reason I work out. I have this fantasy where we start talking at the Jets Gala party bar. We exchange a few pleasantries. He asks what I do. I say I loved him in the 2020 Playoff Bubble. He laughs. I get my drink."Well, see ya," I say and walk away. I've got his attention now. How many guys voluntarily leave a conversation with PLD? He touches his bicep as he watches me leave. Later, as the night's dragged on and the coterie of gorgeous narcissists grows increasingly loose, he finds me on the balcony, my bowtie undone, smoking a cigarette.
"Got a spare?" he asks.
"What's in it for me?" I say as I hand him one of my little white ladies. He smiles.
"Conversation with me, duh."
I laugh."What's so funny?" He protests.
"Nothing, nothing... It's just... don't you grow tired of the egos?"
"You get used to it," he says, lighting his cigarette and handing me back the lighter.
"What would you do if you weren't a hockey player?" I ask.
"Teaching, I think."
"And if I was your student, what would I be learning?"
"Discipline," he says quickly, looking up into my eyes, before changing the subject. "Where are you from?"
"Ontario," I say.
"Oh wow. That's lovely."
"It's ok," I admit. "Not everything is to my liking."
"What could possibly be not to your liking in Ontario?" he inquires.
"I don't like Leaves," I tell him. "They're soft and whiny and irritating and get everywhere."
?this did not end the way I expected it to
?no no im pretty sure they f***ed.
?And we all watched. ALL.
?I don?t think this is what other posters meant when saying we should embrace being considered the dirtiest team in the league.

I wish I could absorb KFC's covid
?You can. That's the beauty of viruses!

Jets are going to come out and.....
Who knows

Win or lose, the Jets are going to go out there. And win. Or lose.

They should just call it the Slurpin' Leafs pregame on Rogers Leafsnet
?Now I know why I never watch SN before the top of the hour
?I find SN tolerable to watch when the volume is muted and the radio is on

Large dose of Hopium being dispensed on pregame radio

Game
Too damn quiet ??
?Leafs game did a number on this board apparently

Will be interesting which players show up tonight with their A game.
?...or AHL game?

Sadness has overcome me?

Oh lord back to back games with a SHORTY. Burn away this coaching staff.
55 with Minus Heaven continues.

Kempe, wasn't he the grave keeper in the Zelda games?

Scheifele had his man until he took the off ramp
?Scheifele is such garbage... my god. Its impressive how bad someone can be at defending..
?Some things can't be taught, it seems.....

Nice to see Schief watch another goal happen right in front of him. You?d think having front row seats to so many goals against would make you play better D but I guess not

Decline the next penalty.......
?What team was on the PP? Asking for a friend.
?Jets were on a PP? News to me

Think I heard a pin drop. Wow quiet in there.
?Especially for a drunken lunatic Saturday night game!
?Perhaps they should turn up the alcohol percentage on the drinks in the arena

When 27 hits the net he scores
?Right, cuz when he doesn't hit the net it?s either a miss, or a block, or a save.

Our playoff chances are dying?

The Jets nonplayoff teams of the 2010?s at least had heart. This is embrassing.
?The 2011-12 Jets had heart but the 2021-22 have a football to the groin.

So quiet in the barn I could hear a mouse fart???..

Is it me or do the jets just look disinterested
?You mean today? Or in general?
?Kinda like they have plans for after the regular season is over and want all their limbs functioning properly
?Scheifeles mind has been on the golf course since game 1 of the season.
?FORE ????more weeks

16-4 in shots. That?s pretty bad. And those have been a lot of good looks too. Kings aren?t just throwing everything on net. They?re getting in tight a lot.

This announcer pretty much just ****ting on the jets and I'm ok with it.
?If anyone knows ****ty play, it's Jamal Mayers.

Jets fighting and clawing for every..........turnover

And don't forget the Kings are playing their 3 game in 4 nights and the two previous games both went to a shootout.
?We are just waiting on the overtime....
?And they have 8 players out with injuries.

Svetch picking and eating.
?Are we taking about nose?

Adjectives to explain just how bad a period the Jets played escapes me.
?That was a remarkably bad period of hockey
?Well that was impressively awful?

I?ve seen Thrashers teams more functional than this

Villinova's getting schooled...
Winnipeg Jets....?
Drop outs...

Lowry just like Maurice. Can't adjust to change game plans against teams playing how LA plays.
?Wait. There's a game plan?

Wednesday's game against the Detroit Red Wings is Connor Hellebuyck bobblehead night...
Friday's game against the Colorado Avalanche is Mark Scheifele coaster night...

Lowry just like Maurice. Can't adjust to change game plans against teams playing how LA plays.
?Somewhere PoMo is beaming at the excellent job Lowry is doing
?I still have a sinking feeling that Lowry will be fired and replaced by... Paul Maurice.

It?d be hysterical for PLD if Torts was brought in as the new coach in this offseason.
?Yea it would really be funny to chase one of the only players who ever looks like they give a **** out of town by hiring the coach that chased him away from his last team. Lets not do that please.
?Hey Winnipeg chicks do have a special something?
?Chlamydia?

Does that count as a shorthanded goal for Morrissey? **** luck for him, he's been great this season
?Charlie Brown goal?

Jets should have challenged that 3rd goal. Definitely kicking motion on 44?s skate

25-7 shots
losing 3-1
sounds about correct to me
Kings actually care!

There is one thing consistient about this team, it's just how inconsistent they are

?NORM? Peterson in the zone now?

Bjornfot. Sounds like a name from a millennia ago.
?Sounds like a Swedish guy who ate too much chili.

LURCH!!! !
?Lowry!!!!! Not the coach

We could still actually win this game.

Flames jersey at a Jets/Kings game? Idiot!

Pionk a tough dude. Definitely a keeper.
?Plinko got Plunko'd

According to the Jets game plan of 20 minute efforts the 3rd should be the best period tonight

Was that a whole period without justified Scheifele bashing? Am I smelling progress

Arizona Coyotes 87 Points? The graphics guy is on crack?
?I mean, I've only got one good eye, and even I saw that! Must have been a Gary Bettman directive or something.
?They. mixed up points and fan attendance

When Scheifele lost his glove, he put his hand behind his back?
?Can't golf with a broken hand

The best part of this game was the anthem
?I probably could've done without the people who still tried to force the "True North" chant

Post Game
...and thats the season!!

Another 20 minute effort that didn't get the right result

Kings nobodies easily handle the Jets and are playoff bound!

Time to call time of death on the patient
?Pull the plug

Once again HFJets GDT out performs the team on the ice.

The only rebuilt the Jets need it the coaching staff ? replace everyone. Seriously this coaching staff would have the Avs playing .500 hockey.

Are we out of the playoffs or do we need one more loss?
?Technically not elongated yet but realistically could probably only lose one more game this season and we all know they?re not winning 11 of 12.
?I can?t remember the last time the Jets played a game that had me elongated.
?Ha eliminated? damn autocorrect.
?Some typos are totally worth it lmao

Or whether doth my team, facing those crowned untrue,
Skate with yon monarch's plague, this flattery?
Or whether shall I say, mine face turneth blue,
And that Canada Life’s glow brews this alchemy,
To take on monsters and of things indigest
Such cherubins as our sweet Jets resemble,
Creating every bad a perfect best,
As fast as pucks to our shortwall assemble?
O! 'tis the worst, 'tis Doughty in sight (the toothless bastard),
And his fans minds most kingly drinks it up:
Mine eye knows what with our top six will do dastard,
And to our palate doth strive for the bleeding cup:
If it be a Jets win, 'tis well the lesser sin
That mine eye loves it and doth first begin.

Wow. The Jet's are now my second favorite team. Lol.

??Pierre Luc-Dubois is the reason I work out. I have this fantasy where we start talking at the Jets Gala party bar. We exchange a few pleasantries. He asks what I do. I say I loved him in the 2020 Playoff Bubble. He laughs. I get my drink."Well, see ya," I say and walk away. I've got his attention now. How many guys voluntarily leave a conversation with PLD? He touches his bicep as he watches me leave. Later, as the night's dragged on and the coterie of gorgeous narcissists grows increasingly loose, he finds me on the balcony, my bowtie undone, smoking a cigarette.
"Got a spare?" he asks.
"What's in it for me?" I say as I hand him one of my little white ladies. He smiles.
"You get used to it," he says, lighting his cigarette and handing me back the lighter.
"Teaching, I think."
"Discipline," he says quickly, looking up into my eyes, before changing the subject. "Where are you from?"
"Ontario," I say.
"Oh wow. That's lovely."
"I don't like Leaves," I tell him. "They're soft and whiny and irritating and get everywhere."??

What was THAT????

"Flames jersey at a Jets/Kings game? Idiot!"

-I saw this dude...next to a Kings & Jets sweater

"Kings nobodies easily handle the Jets and are playoff bound!"

-Funny

By far the most random and entertaining wts, two novela's and a random dunk on the yotes. Plus a Zelda reference

By far the most random and entertaining wts, two novela's and a random dunk on the yotes. Plus a Zelda reference

It must be the end of winter for the peg. Their fans are going stir crazy and writing some strange posts for sure. That leaf story was solid but reeks of Kathy Bates in Misery.

I was like, Kempe looks NOTHING like the grave keeper in Zelda?!

Dampe Kempe what's the diff?

MFmigCsAJcprKbNP9

Seriously though, what's in a name? Okay , okay, maybe the band-aid on the nose gave a likeness...

””Pierre Luc-Dubois is the reason I work out. I have this fantasy where we start talking at the Jets Gala party bar. We exchange a few pleasantries. He asks what I do. I say I loved him in the 2020 Playoff Bubble. He laughs. I get my drink."Well, see ya," I say and walk away. I've got his attention now. How many guys voluntarily leave a conversation with PLD? He touches his bicep as he watches me leave. Later, as the night's dragged on and the coterie of gorgeous narcissists grows increasingly loose, he finds me on the balcony, my bowtie undone, smoking a cigarette.
"Got a spare?" he asks.
"Teaching, I think."
"Ontario," I say.
"Oh wow. That's lovely."
"I don't like Leaves," I tell him. "They're soft and whiny and irritating and get everywhere."””

What was THAT????

pure gold .. haha pure gold

””Pierre Luc-Dubois is the reason I work out. I have this fantasy where we start talking at the Jets Gala party bar. We exchange a few pleasantries. He asks what I do. I say I loved him in the 2020 Playoff Bubble. He laughs. I get my drink."Well, see ya," I say and walk away. I've got his attention now. How many guys voluntarily leave a conversation with PLD? He touches his bicep as he watches me leave. Later, as the night's dragged on and the coterie of gorgeous narcissists grows increasingly loose, he finds me on the balcony, my bowtie undone, smoking a cigarette.
"Got a spare?" he asks.
"Teaching, I think."
"Ontario," I say.
"Oh wow. That's lovely."
"I don't like Leaves," I tell him. "They're soft and whiny and irritating and get everywhere."””

What was THAT????

Somebody's sexual fantasy.

Somebody needs to read that poem to Dewey and film his reaction. I bet he would crack up...

Back
Top Bottom