WTS: Laughingstock - NJ 3/3

Clif

Super Star
Posts pulled from njdevs.com

Pregame:

-Season’s over. Devils had every chance to pull closer, but pretty much impossible to pull that off when you go 8-11-1 over your last 20.
Starting this GDT mostly because someone had to. I’m as disappointed and beaten down as anyone else here. Not going to pretend that a win today matters one bit, because the heater that the Devils need to force their way into a playoff spot is never coming.
No L G M F D from me. My enthusiasm is gone.
-i’d say don’t get embarrassed today, but it’s the Devils that are lead by Lindy Ruff.
-Fire Lindy. LGD.
- I had confidence, even if it was overly inflated by hope and misguided optimism, going into Friday. The they came out and laid a Taco Bell after a night of heavy drinking level loose stool of an effort, got absolutely embarrassed by a rookie goalie and then Jack’s shot attempt sealed it: confusion, too many what ifs in a single effort.
-Lindy Ruff eats pizza with a fork. And he pushed my 89-year-old grandmother down a flight of stairs. Her hip shattered like balsa wood.
-Lindy let this team come into the season cocky, not confident. They come into almost every game expecting the other team to just lay down or underestimate them. Meanwhile they get kicked in the damn teeth 44 times and counting and it still isn’t enough to wake them up. but Lindy being Lindy just stands there, arms crossed, staring.
Game:

-1-0 Devils. Hell freezes over.
-Wow Timo scores 15 seconds in. They actually scored first
-it begins
-On a breakaway, of course
-and thats the dagger.
-Embarrassing
-Ass
-I guess the Devils sold their souls to the Devil, so to speak….because they can’t find a competent goalie since Marty was backstopping this team for 70+ games for 20 seasons, basically.
-The team def does not lack ammunition for shooting themselves in the foot.
-Laferriere -from Chatham, taken 1 pick before Daws in 2020....Should've traded up for him-big Devils fan growing up.
-Absolutely pathetic
-Great job Toffoli
-Toffoli with a the worst cross ice pass in history. Unbelievable.
-Can the silver lining be that we flunk so bad on this road trip that they leave Lindy Ruff at the Santa Monica pier?
-At least we can all go do something else with our Sunday now.
-The most disappointing thing is no matter how bad they play, lindy isn't going anywhere.
-This team is going to see significant changes in order to get a goalie. A lot of promising young talent is going to be headed the other way, and probably our first rounder....the price you pay for being unable to draft and coach a goalie of your own. Lindy's shelf life has expired, but he'll probably keep his because of injuries. And our defense won't change much either. Siegs and company will still be back, and will be putrid. The organization is in trouble.
—It’s a dangerous crossroads that could put us back on track or set us back significantly.
-Tofolli is probably praying he gets to stay put in LA tonight.
-Pulled the goalie down 3 lmfao
-Basically got shut out
-And 5-1 and let them get a hat trick

Postgame:

-The bottom fell out today. I just don’t see how Lindy coaches another game.
-I’m sick to my stomach. Fitzy boy where you at
—Probably at his mothers having Sunday dinner, waiting for Lindy to get done so they can go out for drinks
-Where does every joker to put the pads on for us this season fit? Imma be kind and go with whatever is below beer league.
IMG_4021.jpeg

-Big if true

IMG_4022.jpeg

IMG_4023.jpeg

-I wouldn't even know what other teams and accounts were saying if it wasn't posted here lol

We got Lindy fired. The last coach I can remember is the guy before Berube in St. Louis (I was at that game too)... I think it was Yeo. That worked out well for the Blues; they got a Cup out of it after Chief took over.

We got Lindy fired. The last coach I can remember is the guy before Berube in St. Louis (I was at that game too)... I think it was Yeo. That worked out well for the Blues; they got a Cup out of it after Chief took over.
Don't forget the Pens fired their coach in '17 after we beat them.

If they haven’t given up on their team before the game, they certainly did after it. I also loved seeing the Kings tweets. Jack Hughes is never going to live that down if the Kings have anything to say.

Back
Top Bottom