PDA

View Full Version : MLS fans

Melfice
July 23rd, 2010, 10:35 PM
Do we have any real MLS fans here? The Soccer area has been dead since the World Cup ended.

I do see some MLS threads but not many.

P. Diddy
July 24th, 2010, 12:05 AM
i forgot the mls exsisted! sorry guys :/ i want to see a chivas usa game because , well my peeps will be there!

KingsFan4Ever
July 24th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I watch as much MLS as I can. I try to catch all the Galaxy games. (last game was really exciting) I remember watching the home opener for Philadelphia Union. That stadium is badass. When MLS first started I tried to watch all the teams but it was just bad to watch at first so I stuck to only Galaxy games. After a while the league had better players and became a lot more interesting. Now I can say that every team has atleast one really talented guy I wanna see when they are on tv. League is growing and that's all I ask for. People always complain how it doesn't compare to Europe. People don't wanna give it time and let it grow. I enjoy it for what it is. I don't watch it expecting EPL/LA LIGA/ Serie A/Bundesliga quality obviously.

SuxBeingU
July 24th, 2010, 09:28 AM
a long time MLS supporter, since 1997. I have missed a handful of games. Was a Galaxy guy until 2005 When Chivas came to town I switched over. Galaxy crowds are alot like DUCKS fans. There are some hardcore fan but most are there just to be there and really don't have the passion. Chivas USA has fewer fans but are more passionate than the Galaxy crowds at double the size.
MLS has come a long way but I did enjoy the early years as you had more access and and they were more fan friendly as a league. Prices have gone way up, particularly with LA, NY and Chicago.

You ever want to go to a Chivas game hit me up

KingsFan4Ever
July 24th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Boo Chivas! lol. I'm a real fan I'd say, I watched them give away that first MLS CUP against DC in the rain thanks to Eddie Pope with his header off a corner in OT. It's all about Harut Karapetyan tho.

Melfice
July 24th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Oh very cool. The reason I ask, is because I wanted to post games here and stuff. Seems there is enough interest to do so :)

Yeah, the Galaxy game was a lot of fun to watch against the Earthquakes. A tie haha what a game.

Melfice
July 24th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Galaxy crowds are alot like DUCKS fans. There are some hardcore fan but most are there just to be there and really don't have the passion

Really? Interesting, I will need to go to both teams games to compare :)

Jaygokings!
July 27th, 2010, 11:09 PM
MLS needs to change.

MLS is like communism, with the way they try to make very team even so they force them to give up players of equal value. Then will never ever compete with the European leagues in terms of quality if they don't use a free trade system like they do.

It's sad that we have huge talent in this country and ALL of them choose to play out of country because it's better. And the one guy here, Donovan, the league commissioner is not allowing him to leave for Man. City, more money, and better soccer. So pathetic.

In short, **** MLS. It will never be anything as long as it is like this. Boring crap soccer with crap players.

SuxBeingU
July 28th, 2010, 08:22 AM
MLS needs to change.

MLS is like communism, with the way they try to make very team even so they force them to give up players of equal value. Then will never ever compete with the European leagues in terms of quality if they don't use a free trade system like they do.

It's sad that we have huge talent in this country and ALL of them choose to play out of country because it's better. And the one guy here, Donovan, the league commissioner is not allowing him to leave for Man. City, more money, and better soccer. So pathetic.

In short, **** MLS. It will never be anything as long as it is like this. Boring crap soccer with crap players.

Had they come out the gate with a "free market" system they would have gone the way of the NASL. We see how that worked out.1 or 2 "superteams"and many also-rans. With single entity it allowed the owners of the initial 12 teams to control costs as the league grows they have loosened up controls with expanded rosters, academies and 'Designated Players". They will have a free market system at point, I assume after they get a good TV contract with a national network, ESPN.

Personally I am not so sure Donovan really wants to leave the US. he tried it before and ran back home as soon as possible. IMO hes happier being a the big fish in the small pond. I haven't heard Donovan complaining about Garbers statement. THO I will admit the league has screwed some players in the past by denying transfers because the money wasn't big enough.

How many MLS game have you been to in the last 5 years? Your closing statement sound typical Eurosnb, I am guessing you have been to less than 3 games in person

ucsdguy1
July 28th, 2010, 08:57 AM
i'm a Galaxy season ticket holder.

I prefer not to discuss the debacle last night. :(

Crazy_Ivan
July 28th, 2010, 01:42 PM
MLS needs to change.

Firstly Jay, you have mentioned this before, so I am going to ask what "huge talent"? Donovan is a very good player, he played for Everton, a team that is comensurate with his skills, on a top 4 team he would be at best a squad player.

Secondly, moving to Man City would be a big mistake for Donovan, joining a team that has David Silva, Yaya Toure,Nigel De Jongh, Gareth Barry, Shaun Wright Phillips, Adam Johnson, Stephen Ireland and Patrick Viera all in their midfield would have been a terrible mistake.

Thirdly, have you seen the debts that quality is costing a great many teams in Europe? All the teams in the Spanish league are 4.5 billion dollars in debt. Barcelona have just announced 100 million dollar loss, this after winning every trophy that was on offer to them over the last financial year. I would take a fiscally prudent and well run league any day over the debts that some teams are saddled with.

Finally I don't find the standard of the MLS that bad, I watch quite a few games and I think it can be decidedly more exciting than some leagues over here.

Melfice
July 28th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah I do think the statement about the MLS being boring and sucks is not true. I'm not hardcore, but I think the games are a lot of fun to watch.

And very good points about the debt of some of those Euro teams, Crazy_Ivan. Amazing really to think teams/leagues can go soo far into a hole like that.

NoDought
August 4th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Seattle Sounders season ticket holder here!

ucsdguy1
August 4th, 2010, 03:13 PM
nice win last night.

damn that pitch was awful..

Melfice
August 4th, 2010, 11:15 PM

Oh that is very cool! I was looking on their site, and the prices are pretty good I thought. I might get a package for the LA Galaxy, but I'm not sure tho. I have Kings season tickets and that costs a good amount already.

KHenry14
August 7th, 2010, 04:42 PM
What's made MLS last and sustain it's growth is it's business model. They knew that just re-inventing the NASL wouldn't work, so they put together a plan that kept salaries under control while at the same time taking a long view on the league. And look at it now. All the new teams in the league are flourishing, and look at all the new soccer specific stadiums that have sprouted up. And the Galaxy and a few others are actually profitable, something Man United can't say. Nor Liverpool, nor Real Madrid, Barca, Inter etc.

Sure, the league isn't the same quality of the EPL, La Liga etc., but then again it's not trying to be. The MLS is building something for the future of USA soccer, and that's not something that can be accomplished in a decade.

So, come back after 2025 and let me know what you think of the MLS. As for now, it's doing just fine.

As for myself, I love going out to the HDC. It's 10 minutes from my front door, and it's an outstanding facility. As for the comparison of the fans to Ducks fans, tell that to the Angel City Brigade or the LA Riot Squad!

SuxBeingU
August 7th, 2010, 05:27 PM
What's made MLS last and sustain it's growth is it's business model. They knew that just re-inventing the NASL wouldn't work, so they put together a plan that kept salaries under control while at the same time taking a long view on the league. And look at it now. All the new teams in the league are flourishing, and look at all the new soccer specific stadiums that have sprouted up. And the Galaxy and a few others are actually profitable, something Man United can't say. Nor Liverpool, nor Real Madrid, Barca, Inter etc.

Sure, the league isn't the same quality of the EPL, La Liga etc., but then again it's not trying to be. The MLS is building something for the future of USA soccer, and that's not something that can be accomplished in a decade.

So, come back after 2025 and let me know what you think of the MLS. As for now, it's doing just fine.

As for myself, I love going out to the HDC. It's 10 minutes from my front door, and it's an outstanding facility. As for the comparison of the fans to Ducks fans, tell that to the Angel City Brigade or the LA Riot Squad!

LARS and ACB are great but that is only 500 of the 20K+ fans there

KHenry14
August 7th, 2010, 06:50 PM
LARS and ACB are great but that is only 500 of the 20K+ fans there

My point was, you don't see anything like them at a Ducks game...

SuxBeingU
August 7th, 2010, 11:30 PM
My point was, you don't see anything like them at a Ducks game...

you don't really see anything like them at a Kings either

Melfice
August 7th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Great post KHenry14 :rockon:

kba4life2
August 11th, 2010, 10:50 PM
I enjoy watching MLS and I root for the Galaxy but I've never been to a game. I mostly watch MLS games to check out the up and coming/future U.S. national players. I agree with those that say the quality of play has definitely increased substantially over the last few years. It's great to see the passionate crowds in Seattle and Philly, can't wait to see how those crazy fans in Portland react to their team next year

KingsFan4Ever
August 12th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I enjoy watching MLS and I root for the Galaxy but I've never been to a game. I mostly watch MLS games to check out the up and coming/future U.S. national players. I agree with those that say the quality of play has definitely increased substantially over the last few years. It's great to see the passionate crowds in Seattle and Philly, can't wait to see how those crazy fans in Portland react to their team next year

If a guy leaves MLS to Europe it's pretty much a sure bet he'll be playing for the US national team soon enough. What I find disturbing is the fact that players who play in MLS and get a shot at the national team through MLS usually fail. Except for Donovan not many success stories.

kba4life2
August 12th, 2010, 06:38 PM
If a guy leaves MLS to Europe it's pretty much a sure bet he'll be playing for the US national team soon enough. What I find disturbing is the fact that players who play in MLS and get a shot at the national team through MLS usually fail. Except for Donovan not many success stories.

Its sad but true. At the very least MLS gives talented up and comers the chance to get noticed. On a more positive note, Stuart Holden is a definite success story for MLS (although he left on a free). He played very well in MLS and in turn got opportunites with the National team where he continued his good run of form. He then signed with Bolton and as soon as he was fit to play he started...albeit only a few games until De Jong broke his leg.

From the little bit that I've read it seems as though he is going to be a starting in the middle for Bolton this weekend so a permanent starting job is his to lose. For a guy to come right out of MLS and start almost immediately for a decent EPL club is good for MLS. Even Dempsey had to bide his time on the bench when he first arrived. Slowly but surely things are starting to change...

go
August 13th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I am a Galaxy fan. Plan on going to see Henry and Marquez on Sept 24.

I also watch other MLS games on FSC and ESPN2. While not a huge MLS fan, I know I am more of a MLS fan than most soccer fans in the US.

BTW I don't really like the Galaxy announcers especially the PBP guy. Mark Rogindino is okay.

Melfice
August 21st, 2010, 04:55 PM
LA lost to San Jose today in a good game I thought. 1-0 and the Galaxy had a few chances, but could not come thru at the end.

Anyway, still a fun game to watch nonetheless.

SuxBeingU
August 21st, 2010, 08:12 PM
Buschie was a monster for San Jose. Chivas USA lost again giving up another late goal. I fear they are DONE for this year.

ucsdguy1
August 24th, 2010, 04:29 PM
LA lost to San Jose today in a good game I thought. 1-0 and the Galaxy had a few chances, but could not come thru at the end.

Anyway, still a fun game to watch nonetheless.
I was up in san jose for it. Too bad. Agreed with sux, Busch had a monster game.

and a horrible miscommunication by the G's on the goal

UnderPressure
October 7th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I mist say that the 2010 World Cup made me fall in love with the sport (along with the World Cup video game and FIFA 11). MLS is growing. Teams are starting to have soccer-only stadiums. They no longer have to play on NFL fields. Hopefully the league doesn't continue to lose young studs such as Jozy Altidore to Europe (I am a Villarreal fan because of him). Go Galaxy.

AlexSeren
October 26th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Time to bump this thread in time for MLS playoffs, should be a fun series between Galaxy v Sounders.

SuxBeingU
October 26th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Time to bump this thread in time for MLS playoffs, should be a fun series between Galaxy v Sounders.

I WILL BE A SOUNDERS FAN for this series

KHenry14
October 26th, 2010, 04:10 PM

Sounders don't match up well against the Galaxy as evidenced by the two poundings the Galaxy gave them this year. Especially the 4-0 crushing in Seattle that was so embarrassing the Front Office gave a credit to it's season ticket holders for stinking up the joint! But the Galaxy have been inconsistant since the WC break, so one wonders which Galaxy team will show up?

chu gar
October 26th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Go Galaxy!!

AlexSeren
October 27th, 2010, 08:19 AM

well i guess you won't be following the MLS playoffs for long.

chu gar
October 27th, 2010, 08:48 AM

Haha! Burn!! :2231:

ucsdguy1
October 27th, 2010, 11:49 AM
beckham in the middle, not on the wing.

VEGASKING
October 27th, 2010, 01:48 PM

He is used to that being a Chivas fan.

UnderPressure
November 3rd, 2010, 06:08 PM
Galaxy won Leg #1. Leg #2 will be on Sunday in Carson. A draw would eliminate Seattle.

SuxBeingU
November 3rd, 2010, 07:13 PM

Galaxy = Ducks

just so you kings fans can relate
I will root for whoever plays the Galaxy for as long as they are in it

KHenry14
November 3rd, 2010, 10:19 PM
Gotta give the Sounders fans credit, they are bringing 500 fans to the HDC for Sunday's game. The LA Riot Squad is trying hard to combat that, but both the LARS and the Angel City Brigade combined don't equal 500 supporters. Sad comment for the Galaxy

P. Diddy
November 3rd, 2010, 10:51 PM
lars and angel city birgade?

these sound like motorcycle gangs?!?!

KHenry14
November 4th, 2010, 10:24 AM
lars and angel city birgade?

these sound like motorcycle gangs?!?!

That's true, and they probably wouldn't mind the comparison!

ucsdguy1
November 4th, 2010, 12:30 PM
anyone else going sunday?

UnderPressure
November 4th, 2010, 07:37 PM
NEw York Red Bulls are out. Eliminated by San Jose.

Dawdler
November 5th, 2010, 10:26 PM
anyone else going sunday?

just got my tickets I'll be in section 130, haven't been to the HDC since 2007 so it should be a fun time

KHenry14
November 5th, 2010, 11:24 PM
I'm going. We always get GA tickets and sit right behind the north goal near the top. Excellent seats for little $$

krudmonk
November 6th, 2010, 12:47 PM
NEw York Red Bulls are out. Eliminated by San Jose.
Where's your contrived anti-NorCal rant?

KHenry14
November 6th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Dallas does the Galaxy a favor by eliminating the defending champs RSL tonight. Former Galaxy keeper Keving Hartman mades some great saves late to keep the Hoops in the lead.

Now the Galaxy need to care of their business to host Dallas next week.

VEGASKING
November 6th, 2010, 11:51 PM
RSL is their bogey team and the only team I didn't want them to face.

KHenry14
November 7th, 2010, 09:48 AM
And the Rapids took out the Crew last night, which is less of a big deal because the Crew are no where near what they used to be. Rapids handled the Galaxy not too long ago, perhaps they are this year's RSL?

UnderPressure
November 7th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Where's your contrived anti-NorCal rant?

STFU you ****ing moron.

Don't blame me for getting back at most of your people. Yes, your people AKA L.A.-hating NorCal fans.

Galaxy advance. Bring on FC Dallas!

AlexSeren
November 9th, 2010, 10:20 AM
looking forward to seeing the Galaxy advance to the MLS Cup this weekend, never been to Toronto myself and well, this would be a nice trip in a couple of weeks.

krudmonk
November 9th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Don't blame me for getting back at most of your people. Yes, your people AKA L.A.-hating NorCal fans.
Hey, I don't condone it outside of sport. I hate the Galaxy because they're rivals and I hate the Lakers because they're good. Got no problem with Los Angeles in general, including your Kings. Anyone who goes off about fake celebrities and stealing water is just annoying.

go
November 15th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Wow - That performance last night was pathetic. Beckham and Donovan both showed nothing.

Hartman for Dallas was on fire. He deserves MVP. Only lost one game all year. Why did the Galaxy get rid of him? Goalies get better with age.

SuxBeingU
November 17th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Glad the Galaxy are out. Now I can go back to not caring who wins. Love Harty but would like to see Colorado win a title as well, they are a class organization

ucsdguy1
November 18th, 2010, 02:14 PM
the wizards are changing their name to Sporting Kansas City.

really.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/soccer/11/18/mls.kansas.city.ap/index.html

VEGASKING
November 19th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I can't wait until one goes to the AC, AS or SS or anything in another language prefix that makes no sense for an American team. They were actually some of the choices for Philadelphia.

KHenry14
November 19th, 2010, 10:33 PM
I can't wait until one goes to the AC, AS or SS or anything in another language prefix that makes no sense for an American team. They were actually some of the choices for Philadelphia.

Miami's group that wants back in to MLS is considering Athletico Miami for one of it's names. Toronto was almost Inter Toronto too

Crazy_Ivan
November 20th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Is this a feeble attempt to get more latino support?

Pagliacci
November 20th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Is this a feeble attempt to get more latino support?

It's a feeble attempt period.

This is the same philosophy that got us THE MIGHTY DUCKS OF ANAHEIM.

Crazy_Ivan
November 20th, 2010, 11:31 AM
It's a feeble attempt period.

This is the same philosophy that got us THE MIGHTY DUCKS OF ANAHEIM.

It happens here too with North American sports:

Edinburgh Capitals, Sheffield Steelers, Dundee stars, Nottinham panthers etc Oh for some originality.

Melfice
November 21st, 2010, 09:41 PM
The MLS Cup 2010 is over and the Colorado Rapids are the winners! It was a very good game I thought...enjoyed watching it and glad Dallas did not win ;)

ucsdguy1
January 11th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Buddle just signed with Ingolstadt in Germany's 2nd division..

Galaxy's Buddle signs with Ingolstadt in Germany - Sports: MLS | Tri-City Herald : Mid-Columbia news (http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2011/01/10/1321212/galaxys-buddle-signs-with-ingolstadt.html)

Also - Cobi Jones leaving LA to go work for the Cosmos..

Cobi Jones Leaves LA Galaxy For New York Cosmos - Goal.com (http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2011/01/10/2298934/cobi-jones-leaves-la-galaxy-for-new-york-cosmos)

KHenry14
January 12th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Can't blame Edson for wanting to try playing in Europe. It leaves a gaping hole up top now though...

Cobi leaving is part and parcel about him not being one of Bruce's guys. I mean, a job with a non-existant team??? There must be more to this than we know.

VEGASKING
January 12th, 2011, 03:09 AM
They took Juan Pablo Angel is some draft a few weeks ago. Hopefully Buddle leaving means they are actually trying to sign him.

ucsdguy1
January 12th, 2011, 10:29 AM
They took Juan Pablo Angel is some draft a few weeks ago. Hopefully Buddle leaving means they are actually trying to sign him.
No doubt, but it appears Angel wants DP money. They just got Cristman from DC, who may be a serviceable forward, but he's no edson buddle.

I guess it caught me off guard going to a German League 2 team (same team that is giving Adu a trial), but all reports say his salary is most certainly doubling if not more, so can't blame the guy. Sad to see him go but wish him luck.

Dawdler
January 13th, 2011, 04:14 PM
the Galaxy picked up Chad Barrett today and drafted two midfielders in Paolo Cardozo and Hector Jimenez don't know much about either just that Cardozo played in the second division in Aregentina and Jimenez is a local product that went to Cal.

Ives also reported the Juan Angel is in talks with the Revs, so that may bring some more talent in, hopefully

Melfice
January 15th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Interesting thanks for the update

KHenry14
January 15th, 2011, 04:44 PM
the Galaxy picked up Chad Barrett today and drafted two midfielders in Paolo Cardozo and Hector Jimenez don't know much about either just that Cardozo played in the second division in Aregentina and Jimenez is a local product that went to Cal.

Ives also reported the Juan Angel is in talks with the Revs, so that may bring some more talent in, hopefully

Galaxy reporting that Arena thinks they can have JPA signed in a week or so:

LA hope to add ?ngel "over the next week" | LA Galaxy (http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2011/01/la-hope-add-%25C3%25A1ngel-over-next-week)

IMO, JPA is a MUST for the Galaxy. Barrett, Magee and Kirovski aint gonna cut it up top, but in combination with JPA they might be OK.

ucsdguy1
January 19th, 2011, 02:18 PM
they announced a 1:30 press conference to announce DP signing today. I'm assuming it's Angel

edit: yep

http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2011/01/la-galaxy-sign-forward-juan-pablo-angel

Dawdler
January 19th, 2011, 07:49 PM
they announced a 1:30 press conference to announce DP signing today. I'm assuming it's Angel

edit: yep

LA Galaxy sign forward Juan Pablo Angel | LA Galaxy (http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2011/01/la-galaxy-sign-forward-juan-pablo-angel)

thanks for the link UCSD

I guess that was the snag in the negotiations, if I remember correctly they had the allocation money to bring down his salary so they could use the DP on somebody else but I guess all that fell through.

So the G's got rid of Gordon and Bowen for allocation money that they aren't going to use? or how would they use it now? I think Bowen could have been a productive player and now he's with the other guys.

Melfice
January 19th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the update...next season should be fun. I have not been to a Galaxy game for a few years now, and new players always are fun to watch

Damien C
January 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM
So I haven't paid much attention in a while, but saw the news of JPA being signed. Any thoughts on the Galaxy lineup for next year?

ucsdguy1
January 20th, 2011, 09:45 AM
thanks for the link UCSD

I guess that was the snag in the negotiations, if I remember correctly they had the allocation money to bring down his salary so they could use the DP on somebody else but I guess all that fell through.

So the G's got rid of Gordon and Bowen for allocation money that they aren't going to use? or how would they use it now? I think Bowen could have been a productive player and now he's with the other guys.
there are a few theories floating. One is that they got rid of Bowen and tried to load up on allocation money that they were going to throw at ronaldhino. But that obviously didn't happen.

One is that they were going to use DP money on Buddle. But Garber said in a recent interview the Ingolstadt offer was still twice what the Galaxy offered him, even with a raise.

Angel undoubtedly wanted DP money. That's where the DP money went. With Buddle gone, you better have signed JPA or we'd be a very weak team up top. I would've liked to see him play up top with Buddle, but I'm guessing now they'll put Landon up top with him. Beckham will serve balls in from the right, while Juninho and/or Stephens/Birchall will control the midfield.

At Angel's age, I doubt he makes it the full season with injury or wear, so Barrett and Cristman are the likely ones to provide relief (considering Bruce doesn't stay true to his love of Kirovski)

Dawdler
January 23rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
thanks for the info UCSD, I think Angel will good for 12-15 goals, all competitions.

Dawdler
January 23rd, 2011, 07:08 PM
So I haven't paid much attention in a while, but saw the news of JPA being signed. Any thoughts on the Galaxy lineup for next year?

this seems to be the consensus from reading the Galaxy board

--------------Angel--------------------------
-------------------Barrett------------------
--Donovan-----Juninho---------Beckham---
-----------------Birchall---------------------
--Dunivant---AJ-----Gonzalez---Franklin-----
-----------------Ricketts-------------------

I also think Heydude, Cristman and Stephens are going to be in the mix as well

UnderPressure
January 23rd, 2011, 10:16 PM
So is Beckham gonna be loaned to Tottenham or what? The season is just less than 2 months away, damn it.

ucsdguy1
January 24th, 2011, 04:13 PM
So is Beckham gonna be loaned to Tottenham or what? The season is just less than 2 months away, damn it.
No.

the main culprit seems to be insurance on another injury on the Galaxy's end. Apparently tottenham and beckham asked permission for him to play in a reserve game last week and the Galaxy said no. (it was alleged). The loan would've only been till like Feb 10th anyway, so at this point is almost worthless anyway.

Beckham should be back for start of the season, and the final year of his contract (Leiweke said last week there are currently no plans to extend him)

Dawdler
January 27th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Galaxy Preview (http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/soccer/post/_/id/5968/galaxy-preseason-primer)

ucsdguy1
February 9th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Los Angeles Galaxy form 'strategic alliance' with Tottenham - ESPN Los Angeles (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/soccer/news/story?id=6104418)