PDA

View Full Version : Last Movie Watched

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

adgy-san
February 27th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Alright, this is the thread where you tell everyone what the last movie you saw was and what you thought about it. I'll go first.

I saw Munich for the second time this weekend.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/universal_pictures/munich/munich_bigearlyposter.jpg

I LOVE this movie. IMO, it's Spielberg's best in over a decade. Since Shindler's List, even.

Also, Eric Bana is a pimp. He's cool in every movie he's made. Even the ****ty ones.

char7es
February 27th, 2006, 01:31 PM
NO Blood No Tears.... not a new movie.. but did like it.

and watched symp for lady... last week.. his best movie yet!

johnmac44
February 27th, 2006, 01:43 PM
The Girl Next Door - more for my husband. He's jealous of Sean Avery
Curious George - I LOVE CG. Always have, always will.

ibleedkngs
February 27th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Lion Witch Wardrobe

This movie kicked A** I really enjoyed it.

GQIQJoe
February 27th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Got "The Conversation" (1974) on NetFlix....GREAT movie!!!

kozak
February 27th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Lion Witch Wardrobe

This movie kicked A** I really enjoyed it.
Also last movie I saw. Concur with your review

Kingsqueen
February 27th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Well.......

I went to The Bridge theater on Saturday and saw "Final Destination 3" on the IMAX screen. I enjoyed the movie very much (but I also liked the other 2 FD's). The whole "roller coaster" scenario, brought up a host of fears for me.....and the other death scenes were pretty *interesting*. Good times. :)

And then that evening, I watched Exorcist (the version you've never seen) re-release from 2000. My friend and I watched that whole "Spider -Walk" scene over and over. *shivers* That movie never gets old.....or less creepy. evil: repuke: evil:

Cheap
February 27th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Mr. & Mrs. Smith, I thought it was really entertaining....plus, it cemented the fact that Angelina Jolie is the hottest woman alive.

adgy-san
February 27th, 2006, 01:58 PM
NO Blood No Tears.... not a new movie.. but did like it.

I watched that for the first time about a week ago. I liked it, but for most of the movie I kept thinking about how it wasn't as good as My Wife Is A Gangster. And then that big fight scene happened between the mob enforcer and the abusive boyfriend guy, and I stopped thinking about it.

and watched symp for lady... last week.. his best movie yet!

Dunno if I agree with that, but it's definitely an AMAZING film. :)

char7es
February 27th, 2006, 02:03 PM
next movie.. for me will be Three, Monster

have you seen it adgy?

adgy-san
February 27th, 2006, 02:07 PM
next movie.. for me will be Three, Monster

have you seen it adgy?

Yep! A few times. In fact, the region 1 DVD of it comes out tomorrow!

http://fangoria.com/graphics/articles/5143_article.jpg

It's awesome. All three segments are cool. My two favorite directors in the world Miike and Park, and Fruit Chan's segment is excellent as well. I do recommend it. :)

King of NY
February 27th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Just saw NHL: Honor & Courage, interesting and entertaining.
Lappy is one of the four guys profiled.
http://cdn.nflximg.com/us/boxshots/large/70040343.jpg

johnmac44
February 27th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Just saw NHL: Honor & Courage, interesting and entertaining.
Lappy is one of the four guys profiled.
http://cdn.nflximg.com/us/boxshots/large/70040343.jpg

Thats next on my Netflix queue.

Bandit
February 27th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Last of the Mohicans...

Good flick. It's a nice change when a movie ends on a downer.

ibleedkngs
February 27th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Hey adgy, I just ordered Audition from Deep Discount, I hope I like it.

Also, are their DVDS less expensive then most other places like BB and circuit city???

pnzrgren
February 27th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Our Man Flint. I tend to not waste money at the movies. But I will go and see the new Clint Eastwood world war 2 film.

char7es
February 27th, 2006, 02:35 PM

Also, are their DVDS less expensive then most other places like BB and circuit city???
audition Rocked! good movie

adgy-san
February 27th, 2006, 02:49 PM

Oh man! You mean someone actually paid attention to my signiature?!?! SWEET!!!

I find that DDD is USUALLY cheaper than you'll find things anywhere else. Not always, but frequently. The fact that shipping is free is always a nice touch, as well.

Let me know what you think of the movie once you get a chance to watch it!

Liceroni
February 27th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Match Point - I liked it. It was twisted and messed up, but it was enjoyable. It's probably the only Woody Allen movie that I've seen that didn't leave me going "huh?" at the end. And for you guys, not that I need to tell you, but Scarlett Johansson is HOT. Oh, the Elvis look-alike isn't so bad either. :)

adgy-san
February 27th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Our Man Flint. I tend to not waste money at the movies. But I will go and see the new Clint Eastwood world war 2 film.

I heard he's doing two of them. One from the Japanese perspective and one from the American perspective. Last I heard, Ken Watanabe was going to star in, at least, the Japanese one.

adgy-san
February 27th, 2006, 02:51 PM
And for you guys, not that I need to tell you, but Scarlett Johansson is HOT.

It is entirely possible that she is hotter in that movie than in any other movie she's ever been in.

King of NY
February 27th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Oh man! You mean someone actually paid attention to my signiature?!?! SWEET!!!

I've seen two of your recommended Asian flicks.
Audition was good, but a tad out there (didn't like the ending).
Battle Royale (I think you suggested it) was awesome.

(by the way, I have no idea who Ziyi is, but from your avitar I think she's in my law school)

Hockey RN
February 27th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Since our friend was in Date Movie ( last scene ) was able to see it at home, was rolling on the floor laughing. I would never pay to see this movie but it spoofed almost every movie you could think of. The Milk shake song has a whole new meaning now.

Also saw Cake, which was a sappy romance flick that I hated seeing about weddings, Blah!

gescom
February 27th, 2006, 03:01 PM
King Kong was the last new movie I've watched... not bad. VERY Peter Jackson in both style and length.

adgy-san
February 27th, 2006, 03:05 PM
I've seen two of your recommended Asian flicks.
Audition was good, but a tad out there (didn't like the ending).
Battle Royale (I think you suggested it) was awesome.

Well, thanks. Odd, though, as I was just today thinking about changing my sig, thinking no one was paying any attention to it. But since I see that is NOT the case, I added more to it just now. :)

(by the way, I have no idea who Ziyi is, but from your avitar I think she's in my law school)

Don't know who she is!?!? She's in Memoirs Of A Geisha, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero, Rush Hour 2, etc. Ring a bell? :)

Is the girl you go to law school single? Give her my number.

Liceroni
February 27th, 2006, 03:16 PM

I think that's blasphemy in adgy's book. :)

lakings97
February 27th, 2006, 03:49 PM
The last three movies I watched...Madea's Family Reunion (because it was free at my company's screening room), Amistad (it was very good), and On the Edge (slow but interesting.)

adgy-san
February 27th, 2006, 03:54 PM
I think that's blasphemy in adgy's book. :)

Not quite blasphemy. That'd be more like "Ziyi sucks!" or something. In King Of NY's case... I feel the need to educate, rather than berate.

King of NY
February 27th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Don't know who she is!?!? She's in Memoirs Of A Geisha, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero, Rush Hour 2, etc. Ring a bell? :)
How was Memoirs of a Geisha? I saw a trailer and it caught my attention.

Is the girl you go to law school single? Give her my number. She is single, but barely speaks English. She has major "Itis" issues (always wearing a sweater).

adgy-san
February 27th, 2006, 04:17 PM
How was Memoirs of a Geisha? I saw a trailer and it caught my attention.

It was good. Maybe not great, but I enjoyed it. Cast is freaking phenomenal.

She is single, but barely speaks English. She has major "Itis" issues (always wearing a sweater).

I say again to you, sir. Give her my number. Or get hers for me. :)

King of NY
February 27th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I say again to you, sir. Give her my number. Or get hers for me. :)
I'll ask her if she's on the market and interested. For a small fee I can tell you what time her classes start;)

SepticFish
February 27th, 2006, 04:34 PM
The Elephant Man. Sort of freaked me out for the rest of the night.

Hockey RN
February 27th, 2006, 05:00 PM
It was good. Maybe not great, but I enjoyed it. Cast is freaking phenomenal.

I concur with this. I found it to be a tad long at times but overall pretty good.

Also recently seen,

Rent. Also too long IMO. I have seen better musicals.

When a Stranger Calls. The original was better.

Crash. Excellent movie. Says alot about racial boundries.

Brokeback Mountain. I think my daughter and myself are the only ones who liked this film. I dunno.

Hustle & Flow. Hated it. I don't see what the hype was about.

Underworld: Evolution. Umm. Ok. I went along with what he wanted to see. The choices were limited and I was a good sport I think.

As far as movies at home, I can't recall half the things we see, I live with movie whores.:)

adgy-san
February 27th, 2006, 06:08 PM
I'll ask her if she's on the market and interested. For a small fee I can tell you what time her classes start;)

Ha! I'd rather you give me her number and let me find out when her classes are for myself. ;)

BDTR
February 27th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Last night I watched Midnight Cowboy and then Altered States. Both were great. Midnight Cowboy was a widespread film way ahead of its time in the late sixties and Altered States had some fantastic visual components to the movie (although the ending seemed kinda like a cop-out and out of character).

Blueline
February 27th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Last night I watched Midnight Cowboy and then Altered States. Both were great. Midnight Cowboy was a widespread film way ahead of its time in the late sixties and Altered States had some fantastic visual components to the movie (although the ending seemed kinda like a cop-out and out of character).

Altered States should only be viewed after dropping a tab of acid...then the ending will make perfect sense.

darby
February 27th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I just saw Rent for the first time.

It was everything I thought it would be and more! The songs! The characters! The story!

Awesome.

It confirmed for me once again that I hate musicals (except for Grease, which I was practically raised on).

BDTR
February 27th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Altered States should only be viewed after dropping a tab of acid...then the ending will make perfect sense.

****SPOILERS****

DONT LOOK IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN IT...

I meant more like his sudden love for her after years of just her being more of an item of comfort, and his sudden love for her and then hugging/fade to black just seems like to easy of a way to end it. I get his whole reasoning for seeing the dark reality of truth-less, cold, cruel existence and not wanting to go down that path, but... I guess maybe I just don't like it when movies that throw an unneeded "I love you" at the end, lol. Leaves a funny taste in my mouth from an otherwise flawless meal.

azkingfan
February 27th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Match Point - I liked it. It was twisted and messed up, but it was enjoyable. It's probably the only Woody Allen movie that I've seen that didn't leave me going "huh?" at the end. And for you guys, not that I need to tell you, but Scarlett Johansson is HOT. Oh, the Elvis look-alike isn't so bad either. :)

I hated this movie. My wife told me it was a Woody Allen thriller. It wasn't even close to that. She kept hitting me any time I started laughing out loud at parts that were not intended to be funny. Scarlett is hot, but she has problems in movies with a lot of dialogue. We saw The Producers at a place that serves you dinner while you watch the movie. That's probably the best way to watch it. Lots of gayness but it was pretty good for the most part. We Netflixed The Constant Gardner and Red Eye the other day. CG was not what I expected and Red Eye was OK.

Blurker
February 27th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Good Night, And Good Luck.

Before that, Hoodwinked.

Before that, Up & Cummers 63 - Schoolgirl Extreme.

Good times... Good times.

Nazgul
February 28th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Harold and Maude - gets better each time I see it...

MaxFeature
February 28th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Waxworks, not as scary as when I was 6, still a good time with a large amount of hysterical head injuries and 80's special effects.

doctordestructo
February 28th, 2006, 11:30 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6300182878.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

chaingunsofdoom
February 28th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Last DVD/movie I saw was Ultimate Avengers (direct to DVD animated from Marvel).

I read the initial Ultimates arc a few years back, so I thought the movie was "OK", but short (~70 mins) and unfocused storywise (it mainly deals with Cap's history) and sprinkles-in some of the other 7 heroes.

Strangely, even after seeing it, I'm not sure who the movie is aimed at besides Marvel fans... the original comic pushed a Mature rating and this DVD was only PG, and I don't really think kids would find this one very interesting. Episodes of JLU have been done better than this.

This is only the first of 4 (or is it 8?) animated movies planned by Marvel, so hopefully things get better from here.

Dr. Naysay
February 28th, 2006, 01:59 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6300182878.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

**** YEAH!!!

One of the most underrated movies of all time!!!

adgy-san
February 28th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Last DVD/movie I saw was Ultimate Avengers (direct to DVD animated from Marvel).

I read the initial Ultimates arc a few years back, so I thought the movie was "OK", but short (~70 mins) and unfocused storywise (it mainly deals with Cap's history) and sprinkles-in some of the other 7 heroes.

Strangely, even after seeing it, I'm not sure who the movie is aimed at besides Marvel fans... the original comic pushed a Mature rating and this DVD was only PG, and I don't really think kids would find this one very interesting. Episodes of JLU have been done better than this.

This is only the first of 4 (or is it 8?) animated movies planned by Marvel, so hopefully things get better from here.

As a fan of Ultimates, I've been tempted to check this out, but your review is like most that I've read. And since I'm not an Avengers fan, really, I think I'll just skip it.

roenick
February 28th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Going with the two Doctors of lgk, The Thing has been getting played, played and more played on the Encore channels and it is probably John Carpenter's most complete film. Halloween was great as a first start and The Fog was good as well but The Thing was his best movie IMHO.

Also rented Cinderella Man, which I thought was quite good. Oh and Cold Mountain has been on Encore quite a lot lately and I liked the acting and story in that movie.

Hatter
February 28th, 2006, 06:37 PM
The last movie I watched was on HBO. Elephant. Got all kinds of hype and I thought it ****ing blew.

gescom
February 28th, 2006, 06:39 PM
The last movie I watched was on HBO. Elephant. Got all kinds of hype and I thought it ****ing blew.

as did i... what a serious piece of profound dross that was.

Mateo
February 28th, 2006, 06:52 PM
In the theaters: Curious George.

On DVD: The 40-year-Old Virgin.

Dr. Naysay
February 28th, 2006, 07:17 PM
The Thing ... is probably John Carpenter's most complete film. Halloween was great as a first start and The Fog was good as well but The Thing was his best movie IMHO.

What about "They Live"?!?!?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000AOX0F.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

UnholyGoalie
February 28th, 2006, 07:33 PM
25th Hour. Pretty damn good. I would've done some things differently, but that pretty much goes for every movie I've seen. Plus I thing Edward Norton is a great actor.

wheresbradley
February 28th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Also, Eric Bana is a pimp. He's cool in every movie he's made. Even the ****ty ones.[/QUOTE]

haven't seen it yet, but bana...*droolz* that voice! luved him in troy. maybe he wouldnt be as appealing without that accent cuz otherwise, he'd be peja stojakovic.:orc:

wheresbradley
February 28th, 2006, 11:43 PM
"hustle & flow"--loved it. love terence howard--second best thing about "crash" after, well, lorenz tate. kinda wished they came up with that song.
"brokeback" i left completely pissed off. not cuz i hated the performances or was bummed about the lack of hot gay cowboy love, but it sucked how sad it was.
"fun with dick 'n jane" HI-larious. can totally relate to being broke. *shudders at the thought of working in a corporate environment*
"shopgirl" so cute. jason schwartzman's that guy we've all dated.

favorite movie of last year hasta be "walk the line". seen it twice and that says a lot for my broke ass. surpassed my already high expectations. watch it, buy it, get the soundtrack. even though i'm usually totally annoyed by reese, she was so loveable. amazed at how great they sing. i heart bob dylan, so it was rad that they sang it ain't me babe.

lemme know how ultraviolet and v for vendetta are--my grrrlfriend's in the movie, but i got books to buy. does anyone know how eight below was? i'm dying to see it. unless one of those dogs die. i only cry for animal stories. can't watch animal planet.

girl4kings
February 28th, 2006, 11:44 PM
This weekend I watched:

Elizabeth Town - I thought it was a lame movie about shoes and a son collecting his father's ashes.

Monster In Law- Funny movie. Jane Fonda still looks great at her age and can make you laugh.

doctordestructo
March 1st, 2006, 12:47 AM
What about "They Live"?!?!?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000AOX0F.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum."

http://www.theofficialjohncarpenter.com/data/movies/sounds/tlscbubl.wav

http://www.theofficialjohncarpenter.com/data/movies/stills/tlst03.jpg

:punk:

King of NY
March 1st, 2006, 01:04 PM
Just saw
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/walk_the_line/walktheline_bigearly.jpg
Highly recommended.

Hockey RN
March 1st, 2006, 08:54 PM
Just saw
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/walk_the_line/walktheline_bigearly.jpg
Highly recommended.

Just finished watching this movie. I concur. My new favorite movie. I never realized they had other relationships and went through so much to finally be together.

rinkrat
March 1st, 2006, 09:12 PM
I saw "The Upside of Anger" and found it quite entertaining. Good Kevin Costner film with a twist.

adgy-san
March 2nd, 2006, 01:13 AM
I watched David Cronenberg's "Rabid" for the first time last night.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/images/covers/coverd/00_09/223407.jpg

That movie was awesome. Very Cronenberg. Marilyn Chambers is hot. Also watched Pulse.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/images/covers/coverd/90_99/257699.jpg

Quite possibly the creepiest movie I've ever seen. Maybe.

adgy-san
March 6th, 2006, 04:29 PM
So last night I watched Death Machine (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109575).

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6305645493.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

HA! That movie was awesome. It was like Robocop or the first Terminator, but more funny and cheesy. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

King of NY
March 6th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Just saw Grizzly Man.
I hated it. Sad story but the guy was a freak.
Any guy that handles feces of something they love, relishing that it was just inside the thing they loved is nuts!!!
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/99/97/79m.jpg

lagwagon0
March 7th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Must be a Walk the Line party. I watched it Sat night which the last movie Ive watched. Very enjoyable. Popped in Live at Folsom Prison on Sunday to finish the experience.

adgy-san
March 7th, 2006, 01:42 AM
I watched Oldboy again tonight, since my 3rd copy on DVD arrived in the mail.

Christ, I love that movie. Going to watch it with the 3 commentary tracks next.

johnmac44
March 7th, 2006, 08:43 AM
This weekend I watched:

Elizabeth Town - I thought it was a lame movie about shoes and a son collecting his father's ashes.

Monster In Law- Funny movie. Jane Fonda still looks great at her age and can make you laugh.

Monster in Law is awesome. Its my mother in law on a different level. Mine is psycho in other ways. I've started refering to her as 'MIL the PILL'.

adgy-san
March 8th, 2006, 11:13 PM
So tonight I saw Ultraviolet.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/screen_gems/ultraviolet/milla_jovovich/ultraviolet_poster.jpg

I gotta say... I enjoyed it. The script is ****ing retarded, but this movie was SO ****ING PIMP visually that I enjoyed it. It's seriously 90 minutes of amazing eye candy and nothing else.

I feel like I should hate it. But I can't.

KingsAreMyIke
March 9th, 2006, 12:14 AM
My brother brought over the TV movie The Reagans on DVD.

SOOOO awful. We loved it. Campy B movie brilliance.

Dr. Naysay
March 9th, 2006, 12:17 AM
I gotta say... I enjoyed it. The script is ****ing retarded, but this movie was SO ****ING PIMP visually that I enjoyed it. It's seriously 90 minutes of amazing eye candy and nothing else.

I feel like I should hate it. But I can't.

There was a time when that would have done it for me...

... but I just can't get excited about another CGI heavy, poorly written, overacted crap fest.

I blame the schools.

...and by "the schools" I mean George Lucas....

...and by "George Lucas" I mean all of us retards that made him rich by purchasing all those Return of the Jedi lunchboxes and bedspreads etc etc etc

Shame on all of us and may God have mercy on our souls.

adgy-san
March 9th, 2006, 02:04 AM
There was a time when that would have done it for me...

... but I just can't get excited about another CGI heavy, poorly written, overacted crap fest.

Understandable. I'll definitely be filing this one under "guilty pleasure".

...and by "George Lucas" I mean all of us retards that made him rich by purchasing all those Return of the Jedi lunchboxes and bedspreads etc etc etc

Shame on all of us and may God have mercy on our souls.

I never spent money on that stuff. My parents bought it for me.

Liceroni
March 9th, 2006, 02:10 AM
I finally watched "Crash" tonight. Thought-provoking movie. I enjoyed it. Amazing cast, well-written script. I thought it deserved the Oscar and I enjoyed it very much.

Fisch
March 9th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber...crap movie but it has J.Love Hewitt in it looking good.

Saint Ralph...nice movie about a kid in search of a miracle for his comatose mother.

adgy-san
March 10th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Tonight I watched Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance with a friend who'd never seen it.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000BGH2A4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I ****ing love this movie. It's SO ****ED UP, and so well done.

Dr. Naysay
March 10th, 2006, 01:20 AM
I never spent money on that stuff. My parents bought it for me.

You tellin me you don't own at least two copies of the original trilogy on VHS and at least one on DVD???

I call bull****!!!

adgy-san
March 10th, 2006, 01:50 AM
You tellin me you don't own at least two copies of the original trilogy on VHS and at least one on DVD???

I call bull****!!!

Nope. My dad owns all that. I never needed to buy my own copies.

HA! I is no nerd!

Dr. Naysay
March 10th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Nope. My dad owns all that. I never needed to buy my own copies.

HA! I is no nerd!

AND he's a Mighty Ducks fan?!

Wow.

EDIT : just for good measure... **** GEORGE LUCAS!!!

SepticFish
March 10th, 2006, 02:19 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0783230508.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

For the millionth time.

adgy-san
March 10th, 2006, 01:24 PM
AND he's a Mighty Ducks fan?!

Wow.

Yup. And he has all the Star Trek movies (but none of the TV series. yet), too.

Dexter
March 10th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I last watched Oldboy.

Adgy's signature got to me.

adgy-san
March 10th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I last watched Oldboy.

Adgy's signature got to me.

I'd give you karma if we could still do that.

What did you think of it?????

King of NY
March 10th, 2006, 02:25 PM
http://cdn.nflximg.com/us/boxshots/large/70035994.jpg
I liked it a lot but it missed great by a few inches.
Maybe it had too many characters, tongue and cheek in the wrong place...
I don't know, but if something was tweaked just this much it would have been a great movie.
(never watched Firefly but will now)

Semper-Fi
March 10th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Whatever that crapshoot Harrison Ford just made was the last movie I saw... I just rented 'Crash'. I'll watch it this weekend and see what all the fuss was about.

Hipcheck
March 10th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Courtesy of AMC.....The Third Man. Good flick.

Dexter
March 10th, 2006, 04:46 PM
It was definately something you would want to watch right before you go to bed. That's for sure.

The ending was one of the best i've seen.

pnzrgren
March 10th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I heard he's doing two of them. One from the Japanese perspective and one from the American perspective. Last I heard, Ken Watanabe was going to star in, at least, the Japanese one.
(I've wanted a good pacific theater movie for some time now. Two of them is even better.)

pnzrgren
March 10th, 2006, 04:57 PM
last night. Stalag 17

SepticFish
March 10th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Courtesy of AMC.....The Third Man. Good flick.That's one of my favorites and I watch it everytime it hits TCM.

adgy-san
March 10th, 2006, 07:34 PM
(I've wanted a good pacific theater movie for some time now. Two of them is even better.)

I just read an update on the Japanese version today

"Clint Eastwood personally selected Ken Watanabe (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0913822) [The Last Samuai, Batman Returns and Memoirs of a Geisha] to play the lead role. Also cast in this film are Nakamura Shido (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1217394/) [Ping Pong, Neighbour 13 and The Last Battle], Ihara Tsuyoshi (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0407296/), Kase Ryo (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1076976/) [Bright Future] and Ninomiya Kazunari (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0632497/).

Shooting begins next week in L.A. Eastwood will open Flags of our Fathers (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418689/) in Japan in August and Red Sun, Black Sand (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498380/) will follow in December."

Looks like the American version will star Robert Patrick, Barry Pepper, Ryan Phillipe, and Paul Walker.

gescom
March 10th, 2006, 07:45 PM
I don't know, but if something was tweaked just this much it would have been a great movie.

the series may add those few inches... it did for me!

Nicholls9
March 10th, 2006, 07:51 PM
http://thecia.com.au/reviews/r/images/red-eye-poster-1.jpg

KingsAreMyIke
March 10th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Firefly is amazing. Go watch the series, it'll make much more sense of all those characters. "Tongue in cheek in the wrong place" is sort of Joss Whedon's M.O.

MadDog20/20
March 10th, 2006, 08:59 PM
THE HILLS HAVE EYES!!! Great film. I really liked it, might even be better than the original! Get out there and see it LGKers you won't be disappointed. My full review will come later...

adgy-san
March 11th, 2006, 01:09 AM
THE HILLS HAVE EYES!!! Great film. I really liked it, might even be better than the original! Get out there and see it LGKers you won't be disappointed. My full review will come later...

Going to see that tomorrow. CAN'T WAIT.

wheresbradley
March 11th, 2006, 05:50 AM
against my will, freedomland. ugh.

adgy-san
March 11th, 2006, 09:19 AM
against my will, freedomland. ugh.

WTF has happened to Samuel L. Jackson? Why has he done nothing but ****ty movies for so long now?

Hipcheck
March 11th, 2006, 09:30 AM
That's one of my favorites and I watch it everytime it hits TCM.

I was just about to say the same thing Re Stalag 17. Maybe one day we should start a thread on the Definitive LGK list of Classic Movies.

We'll start with the two aforemention and Ill add 2 more-
Citizen Kane and Casablanca.

King Taco
March 11th, 2006, 12:48 PM
I watched "Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom" (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring) last night around 230am.

Very good movie. I'm sure adgy has seen it. That Asian lady is oh so yummy!

darby
March 11th, 2006, 03:02 PM

Firefly was awesome. The characters are incredibly sketched and the feel of the show is truly unique.

I'm a big fan of Whedon, who ranks right up there with Aaron Sorkin for me. These guys write some of the best ideas with some of the best dialogue.

And, as I'm in the thread, I might as well mention I'm watching Cyrano de Bergerac for about the 10th time right now. Poor, big-nosed bastard. I'd fall for Ann Brochet too.

Dr. Naysay
March 11th, 2006, 04:16 PM
I watched "Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom" (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring) last night around 230am.

That movie kicked ass!

So Sumi
March 11th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Adgy,

1) Did you love Munich solely for the direction, or was the writing and acting good too?

2) Ken Watanabe kicks ass.

3) Do I have to go to some indy-video store to find Oldboy?

Garryking
March 12th, 2006, 07:38 AM
http://images.art.com/images/-/Braveheart-Video-Release--C10286684.jpeg

Well better late than never.

Good movie.

Damn Englishmen ! :paladin:

Winsomemore
March 12th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Cinderella Man.

The wife has been wanting to see this for weeks. I was pleasantly surprised.

Crowe, Zellweger, Giamatti were all great.

Based on the true story of boxer James J. Braddock, but me not being a boxing fan, I had no idea how this movie would end.

I never liked the title. Turns out it was taken from Damon Runyan's description of Braddock (I still don't like it! ;))

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/c/images/cinderella-man-poster-2.jpg

spjon25
March 12th, 2006, 10:38 AM
I just saw HAVOC over the weekend. Let me tell ya it was okay, but the drawing point....NUDITY
Ya get to see Anne Hathaway topless, and some of Bijou Philips. How great is that

doctordestructo
March 12th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Double feature in Century City last night: The Hills Have Eyes & The Shaggy Dog laugh:

King of NY
March 12th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire last night with the wife.
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/41/02/10/10m.jpg
Decent movie, but it seemed as if there was too much information and not enough time. I don't think any director could have filled that much info into 3 a hour movie, sorta like Hearts in Atlantis.
The book must have been more interesting with more of the details.

Fooferah
March 12th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Went to see Failure to Launch yesterday. Pretty decent as a lightweight flick. There was, however, one very funny and seemingly very improbable scene which you would think could never happen in a million years... except I happen to know from a news article I read (and posted) a few weeks back that someone actually has done this. Bizarre scene.

gescom
March 13th, 2006, 11:38 AM
WTF has happened to Samuel L. Jackson? Why has he done nothing but ****ty movies for so long now?

has he EVER done a good movie? well, outside of the Spike Lee flicks (meh) or the Incredibles?

char7es
March 13th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Waiting..

Domino

then brazilian movie Carandiru

doctordestructo
March 13th, 2006, 01:26 PM
has he EVER done a good movie? well, outside of the Spike Lee flicks (meh) or the Incredibles?

Pulp Fiction was pretty f'n good...

AveryRules19
March 13th, 2006, 01:32 PM
SawII..pretty good i guess...great end

gescom
March 13th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Pulp Fiction was pretty f'n good...

um, well... HE was.

Dr. Naysay
March 13th, 2006, 01:45 PM
um, well... HE was.

Ho........... ly.................

*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Have I found another person who didn't think Pulp Fiction was the most awesomest movie ever made???

gescom
March 13th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Ho........... ly.................

*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Have I found another person who didn't think Pulp Fiction was the most awesomest movie ever made???

indeed you have. in fact, i get an avalanche of s*** from anyone i talk to about it. personally, i think Quentin Tarantino is a complete hack!

shab
March 13th, 2006, 02:04 PM
indeed you have. in fact, i get an avalanche of s*** from anyone i talk to about it. personally, i think Quentin Tarantino is a complete hack!

Concur.
Avalanche of **** indeed.

Obediah
March 13th, 2006, 02:05 PM
I did not think Pulp Fiction was all it was cracked up to be either

Last movie I saw was Curious George

Hipcheck
March 13th, 2006, 02:08 PM

I remember that legendary thread....good stuff.

For the record, Reservoir Dogs does seem to get worse each viewing but still a good movie. Pulp Fiction is great...but that was Tarantino's pinnacle and everything he's done since then sucked.

Fooferah
March 13th, 2006, 02:19 PM
At least he only does a sucky movie every now and then, not 5 sucky movies per year.

Yeah, you could say he's a hack in a way... but if you put what he does into context (and he'd admit what he does), it kind of makes sense in the same way cover songs and sampling do in music.

gescom
March 13th, 2006, 02:31 PM
At least he only does a sucky movie every now and then, not 5 sucky movies per year.

Yeah, you could say he's a hack in a way... but if you put what he does into context (and he'd admit what he does), it kind of makes sense in the same way cover songs and sampling do in music.

absosmurfly! sampling is EXACTLY what i'd compare him to.

that being said though, there are some absolutely brilliant sampling magicians out there. but i consider Quentin of the variety of those who take a pre-existing notion, and running with it. like Mariah (Tom Tom Club jack) and Puffy (Police jack).

Fooferah
March 13th, 2006, 02:39 PM
What can I say... I'm all about drawing analogies.

adgy-san
March 13th, 2006, 10:52 PM

That is an EXCELLENT movie. Kim Ki-Duk has quickly become one of my favorite filmmakers over the last 6 months. Check out 3-Iron. It's amazing.

Adgy,

1) Did you love Munich solely for the direction, or was the writing and acting good too?

2) Ken Watanabe kicks ass.

3) Do I have to go to some indy-video store to find Oldboy?

1) Well, the movie was VERY Spielberg. But I thought pretty much everything was great about it. I think Eric Bana is one of the best actors in the world.

2) **** yeah he does. I need to get my hands on more of his old school ****.

3) Maybe. I know when it first came out, Blockbuster and Hollywood were carrying it, but I have no idea if they still are. Unless you're talking about buying it. In which case, I have seen it at Best Buy a few times. And ANY video store can order it for you if they don't have it in stock.

Had to go to IMDB for this, but yeah. Unbreakable, Jackie Brown, Pulp Fiction, The Long Kiss Goodnight (guilty pleasure)... man... I could have sworn he had done more good movies, but I guess I was wrong...

As for Tarantino... woo, that's a big topic for me. Maybe expand on it later. But I love his movies. LOVE.

King Taco
March 14th, 2006, 02:09 AM

Samuel L. Jackson was amazing in Coming to America.

kingsfan28
March 14th, 2006, 02:32 AM
The Dish- a really good australian movie about their participation during the Apollo moon landing. Real funny characters and a great story.

Batman Begins

The Lord of the Rings- extended version.

adgy-san
March 14th, 2006, 02:54 AM
I watched The Great Yokai War tonight.

http://pics.livejournal.com/adgy/pic/000t4zea

Takashi Miike's newest (to hit DVD overseas). It was like a Jim Henson film on crack, and it was great!

gescom
March 14th, 2006, 10:56 AM
The Dish- a really good australian movie about their participation during the Apollo moon landing. Real funny characters and a great story.

Batman Begins

The Lord of the Rings- extended version.

the Dish was great!

Fooferah
March 14th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Oh yeah... I saw The Dish on cable a couple years ago. It was pretty good... that's the one where the town monitors the craft as it flies over the southern hemisphere, right?

Semper-Fi
March 14th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Sunday afternoon i had to spend watching March of the Penguins with my neice. Good times, Oh yeah!!
Actually, it was a fairly decent documentry.

TONGA
March 14th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Sunday afternoon i had to spend watching March of the Penguins with my neice. Good times, Oh yeah!!
Actually, it was a fairly decent documentry.
I guess you missed it while you were filming Brokeback Mountain.

kingsfan28
March 16th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Oh yeah... I saw The Dish on cable a couple years ago. It was pretty good... that's the one where the town monitors the craft as it flies over the southern hemisphere, right?
You are correct. Sam Neil is great in it.

adgy-san
March 18th, 2006, 10:58 AM
I watched Female Convict Scorpion: Jailhouse 41 the other night.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6305943885.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

And I think it's the greatest 70s Asian film of all time. Sorry, Kurosawa. But Meiko Kaji is the coolest woman to have ever walked the face of the earth and this movie proves it.

Highly ****ing recommended.

Garryking
March 18th, 2006, 11:09 AM
I watched Arlington Road just a few hours ago.

http://www.art-en-stock.com/fabienne/DVD/Arlington%20Road.jpg

One heck of a movie with a surprising end. Some things were a little too predictable and implausible but that's often the case.

kingsqn
March 18th, 2006, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=Hockey RN]
Brokeback Mountain. I think my daughter and myself are the only ones who liked this film. I dunno.

Not so Hockey RN. I went for a repeat viewing with several friends who couldn't get enough of those two hot young men.

By the way, you should get the soundtrack- it's beautiful.

doctordestructo
March 18th, 2006, 12:39 PM
A Nightmare On Elm Street http://www.fangoria.com/forums/html/emoticons/fkr.gif

A-FROGIRL
March 18th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Just saw "V is for Vendetta" today in Ireland. Very good flick. I heard they changed the ending and am curious to know what the original one was.

King Taco
March 18th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Saw Koyaanisqatsi a couple of nights ago.....it's been a while. Good stuff.

darby
March 19th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Just saw "V is for Vendetta" today in Ireland. Very good flick. I heard they changed the ending and am curious to know what the original one was.

In the graphic novel, the ending included a subway car paked with roses and explosives. Given the events of last year, one could undestand how that would be changed.

gescom
March 19th, 2006, 01:36 PM

that whole "qatsi" series is pretty damn breathtaking!

Winsomemore
March 19th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Watched "The Constant Gardener" last night after the game.

Excellent movie. Ralph Fiennes. Rachel Weisz. Bill Nighy (Viktor in "Underworld"). The whole cast was exceptional.

MadDog20/20
March 19th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Rented Wedding Crashers, pretty funny.

BDTR
March 19th, 2006, 06:18 PM
The South By Southwest Film/Music festival just ended and I got to see movies and music everyday since the 11th. Way too many to post about, but maybe I'll give a synopsis of some of the great ones in a bit.

Fooferah
March 19th, 2006, 06:32 PM
In the graphic novel, the ending included a subway car paked with roses and explosives. Given the events of last year, one could undestand how that would be changed.

Just saw this today. The version here still has a subway car packed with roses and explosives. Now I'm curious as to the ending in Europe. Stef, PM me!

Liceroni
March 19th, 2006, 09:09 PM

While it's good and all, it's not fun having to watch it in class after a full day's work. Just saying.

doctordestructo
March 19th, 2006, 09:47 PM
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00005LC4E.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

adgy-san
March 20th, 2006, 12:44 AM
I saw V For Vendetta tonight on IMAX at Ontario Mills.

GREAT movie up until the ending, I thought. The ending was silly. Not coincidentally, the movie started going downhill for me once it started deviating more heavily from the comic. Not BECAUSE it was deviating more heavily. No no.

I just think the Wachowskis suck at endings. See: Matrix Revolutions.

chaingunsofdoom
March 20th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Graphic Novel Spoiler text... highlight to read:

In the GN, after V is loaded onto the explosives/train, Evey sends it off (detective is not present in the GN). Then (it is probably some time later) we see Evey standing on a building wearing V's duds. There are not 400 people standing around in V-wear.

She also takes-on a new apprentice to begin teaching him the ropes (I think it was the detective's partner?). The theme that was more present in the GN was that Evey (a play on Adam & Eve, BTW) would lead the country in rebuilding when V was gone.

Great flick though.

chaingunsofdoom
March 20th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Watched A History of Violence on DVD yesterday. Good movie, but I'd probably rate it a 3.5/5. The last third of the movie just seemed odd/out of place when compared to the other parts..., like something better could've been written. I ordered the Graphic Novel 2 weeks ago, but it will only arrive this week, so it should be interesting to see how it was handled in there.

Nazgul
March 20th, 2006, 11:30 AM
that whole "qatsi" series is pretty damn breathtaking!

Except for Naqoyqatsi. That's one's just pretty damn headache-inducing.

Just watched The Door in the Floor. It was much better than I was expecting. I recommend it...

BoobyTrap
March 20th, 2006, 12:48 PM
i watched "spirited away" over the weekend on cartoon network. pretty good, but i can't stand english dubbing. i wish they'd just leave it subtitled.

adgy-san
March 20th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I think this thread should get stickied.

Just sayin'.

Kingrick
March 20th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Gladiator!!!

Fingolfin
March 20th, 2006, 02:05 PM
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0427944/Ss/0427944/one-sheet45.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0427944

Great film, I laughed my ass off the whole time.

- Fin

adgy-san
March 20th, 2006, 02:18 PM
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0427944/Ss/0427944/one-sheet45.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0427944

Great film, I laughed my ass off the whole time.

- Fin

Very much looking forward to seeing that.

Mondo Blando
March 20th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Gladiator!!!

So you like films about gladiators, hmm?

Have you ever spent time in a Turkish prison? :)

Mondo Blando
March 20th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Just bought, but haven't watched "Be Here To Love Me", a documentary about Townes Van Zandt.

Caught the Labute-penned "The Shape of Things"on Sundance. Solid, but not quite up to the level of some of his other screenplays.

I'm big on Rachel Weisz, as long as she's in movies without Brendan Fraser. She's great, as usual. Gretchen Mol is so damn hot it's ridiculous. Can't wait to see her in the Bettie Page flick.

A-FROGIRL
March 21st, 2006, 12:31 PM
Just saw this today. The version here still has a subway car packed with roses and explosives. Now I'm curious as to the ending in Europe. Stef, PM me!

Same ending. :)

So Sumi
March 21st, 2006, 08:43 PM
Okay, this movie is only 28 years old, but The Deer Hunter. Had never seen it before.

"Here's to Nick!"

Hockey RN
March 21st, 2006, 09:04 PM
In the Mix. Usher nice to look at. The movie, STUPID.

Cheap
March 21st, 2006, 09:40 PM
The Aristocrats

Hilarious! Never knew Bob Sagat was that funny.

King of NY
March 21st, 2006, 10:16 PM
A History of Violence
http://cdn.nflximg.com/us/boxshots/large/70032597.jpg
Fun, interesting movie that begs you to think about repentance and change.
Don't fall into this trap...
If you just watch the movie and view it as an action flick, it's a fun ride.
If you start thinking, questions start popping up and the answers don't really satisfy you.

adgy-san
March 22nd, 2006, 01:09 AM
I watched V For Vendetta again tonight.

Still feel the same. Really need to get my copy of the book back from my friend this week so I can re-read it and revel in it's glory.

GALLY
March 22nd, 2006, 08:03 AM
The Princess Bride ..........very underrated with ton's of quotables.......

Nazgul
March 22nd, 2006, 01:05 PM
Just watched Y Tu Mama Tambien. It was great. Cuaron should direct more...

BoobyTrap
March 22nd, 2006, 06:31 PM
on the spur of the moment i went and saw v for vendetta. interesting how moore didn't want to be credited...makes me want to go out and get the graphic novel just to see the differences between that and the movie.

adgy-san
March 23rd, 2006, 12:20 AM
on the spur of the moment i went and saw v for vendetta. interesting how moore didn't want to be credited...makes me want to go out and get the graphic novel just to see the differences between that and the movie.

Yes. You should. Absolutely.

Rebar71
March 24th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Chicken Little

adgy-san
March 25th, 2006, 08:15 AM
I saw The Hills Have Eyes again last night. Still love it. Bunches.

Garryking
March 26th, 2006, 04:46 AM
I've seen Hooligans with that chap from Lord of the Rings yesterday.

http://www.twitchfilm.net/pics/Hooligans.jpg

adgy-san
March 26th, 2006, 12:41 PM
I've seen Hooligans with that chap from Lord of the Rings yesterday.

http://www.twitchfilm.net/pics/Hooligans.jpg

How was it?

King of NY
March 26th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Saw Derailed last night.
Ok movie, Clive Owen is one of my favorite actors, sorta disturbing (I have this "what would I do, thing") but the twists were slightly predictable...
Don't put it at the top of the queue but get around to it sometime.
http://cdn.nflximg.com/us/boxshots/large/70038937.jpg

adgy-san
March 26th, 2006, 06:25 PM
I missed the game last night because I was at the Silverlake Film Festival seeing Clean.

http://pics.livejournal.com/adgy/pic/0004apcg

Maggie Cheung is the greatest actress ever. Especially in this movie.

Also saw a Korean horror film called Red Eye. Not to be confused with the recent Wes Craven film.

http://www.ksymena.pl/Plakaty2/red-eye.jpg

Wasn't very good. Had some decent creepy bits, but the storyline was lame.

Garryking
March 27th, 2006, 02:44 AM
How was it?
Nice to watch for one time but I wasn't thrilled. Bad casting with Elijah Wood IMO, he remains a softie, a bit like Tobey Maguire in Spiderman.

Winsomemore
March 27th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Saw "Ray" for the first time last night.

Great movie and increased my respect for Ray Charles about 1000%.

Ray's life was hard, to say the very least, and to accomplish what he did is really saying something about how strong a person he was. And being a musical genius on top of all of it? Incredible.

reom_76
March 28th, 2006, 02:45 PM
I saw this one a few nights ago. Pretty good movie with some pretty graphic scenes. If you have ever wanted to know what someone looks like after being shot in the top of the head, you should check this out.

Winston Smith
March 28th, 2006, 08:05 PM
I saw The Hills Have Eyes again last night. Still love it. Bunches.

Saw this Sunday night. Like just about any horror flick, you can pick it apart in retrospect, but it's definately one of the better shock-flicks I've seen this decade...

BDTR
March 29th, 2006, 02:48 AM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/7/7f/Primer.jpg

Wow, really good movie.

The film is just as confusing as it's subject; time travel. If you're a fan of Daron Aranovsky's Pi and 70's era science fiction movies, this is right up your alley. I don't want to talk about it too much, because I saw it pretty cold footed and loved it. If it means anything to you, it won the Grand Jury selection at Sundance in 04.

King of NY
March 29th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Every few months I go through a "what great Oscar winning movie have I not yet seen" faze.
9 out of 10 times I'm disappointed.
Out of Africa wasn't horrible, it was just so predictable.
http://cdn.nflximg.com/us/boxshots/large/60000019.jpg
The scenery was gorgeous, the fact that it was a true story was neat but that was all it had.
Meryl Streep wasn't pleasant to look at.
It was a very long movie and 10 minutes into the movie if you were asked to predict the ending, you'd hit it straight on.

Fooferah
March 29th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Out of Africa rules. You heathen.

And I'll give you another plus, one of the best scores by one of the best film composers ever. John Barry rules x 2.

King of NY
March 30th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Saw King Kong yesterday,
http://cdn.nflximg.com/us/boxshots/large/70021664.jpg
This was without question one of the years best films.
This is a great action movie with computer animation that is truly believable.
Jack Black is miss-cast but Peter Jackson's visual masterpiece completely overshadows anything negative about this film.

adgy-san
March 30th, 2006, 02:19 PM
I watched Ugetsu last night.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000BB14I0.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I liked it, but not as much as I'd hoped to. The movie description on the back says it's one of the "most beautiful films ever made", but I didn't find it to be that. Very well done, sure, but... it wasn't exactly a Kurosawa film.

Certainly not a bad movie, but it didn't quite live up to my expectations.

adgy-san
March 31st, 2006, 01:09 AM
I got a review copy of Pray in the mail today and watched that tonight.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000EDWKYW.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V57015985_.jpg

It reminded me of the Kings because it was horrible. Not scary, not creepy, poorly acted, and cliche. Ugh.

BoobyTrap
March 31st, 2006, 02:49 PM
watched 'wasabi'
http://www.geekroar.com/film/archives/wasabi_poster.jpg

i was watching 'the professional' the other day so i decided to go on a jean reno binge.

Garryking
March 31st, 2006, 02:53 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6304602944.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

:D

adgy-san
March 31st, 2006, 04:09 PM
watched 'wasabi'
http://www.geekroar.com/film/archives/wasabi_poster.jpg

i was watching 'the professional' the other day so i decided to go on a jean reno binge.

Been wanting to see Wasabi for a while. Good?

BoobyTrap
March 31st, 2006, 05:43 PM
Been wanting to see Wasabi for a while. Good?

i've seen it a couple of times. i like it...which is why i bought it this afternoon. it's partly a comedy so don't go expecting something as intense as the professional. it's got ryoko hirosue in it (which is why my friend made me watch the movie in the first place) and jean reno is AWESOME.

when you watch it, let me know what you think of it.

spaldogg
April 2nd, 2006, 02:03 PM
i just saw inside man yesterday. great flick! very well written and directed. clive owen is the man! he should be the new james bond but dan craig will be alright i think

i highly recommend inside man

uncle spaldogg

MadDog20/20
April 2nd, 2006, 02:57 PM
Roger and Me - Michael Moore's documentary about GM moving it's assembly plants out of Flynt Michigan

Hitch

BoobyTrap
April 2nd, 2006, 03:08 PM
Roger and Me - Michael Moore's documentary about GM moving it's assembly plants out of Flynt Michigan

Hitch

that was the first michael moore video i saw...and then our teacher showed us "Pets or Meat: Return to Flint".....those poor bunnies.

kingsfan28
April 2nd, 2006, 03:14 PM
Saw King Kong yesterday,
Jack Black is miss-cast but Peter Jackson's visual masterpiece completely overshadows anything negative about this film.

I also watched this. Jack black was ok, but I think they could have done better. One complaint was the whole "ice scene". I thought it brought the movie to a grinding hault, and should have been cut out.

MadDog20/20
April 2nd, 2006, 04:17 PM
that was the first michael moore video i saw...and then our teacher showed us "Pets or Meat: Return to Flint".....those poor bunnies.
I got a good laugh because a lot of people in my class didn't know the bunny scene was coming, their reactions were classic.

Rob2716
April 2nd, 2006, 07:53 PM
I just finished watching Crash on Showtime. I don't know why people thought this movie was such a big deal. For anyone who hasn't seen it, let me sum it up for you... everyone is a walking stereotype, everyone is racist, politicians buy votes and create PR spins and LAPD is corrupt. I think I rolled my eyes through half the movie.

Instead of preying on people's anger and/or ignorance, I'd like to see anyone show just a little bit of imagination or originality when it comes to movie making. How about substance instead of shock value? Just a thought.

A Tale of Two Sisters (on the Sundance Channel in about an hour) better live up to the hype, Adgy.

adgy-san
April 2nd, 2006, 08:34 PM
A Tale of Two Sisters (on the Sundance Channel in about an hour) better live up to the hype, Adgy.

LOL! I'll buy you a McFlurry if you don't like it. Deal?

Dr. Naysay
April 2nd, 2006, 09:15 PM
I just finished watching Crash on Showtime. I don't know why people thought this movie was such a big deal. For anyone who hasn't seen it, let me sum it up for you... everyone is a walking stereotype, everyone is racist, politicians buy votes and create PR spins and LAPD is corrupt. I think I rolled my eyes through half the movie.

Instead of preying on people's anger and/or ignorance, I'd like to see anyone show just a little bit of imagination or originality when it comes to movie making. How about substance instead of shock value? Just a thought.

I don't want to start any rumors or nuthin but I heard that it was a steaming pile of crap and anyone that liked it was an idiot.

AlexSeren
April 4th, 2006, 08:37 PM
i just saw Gummo on IFC last week, very disturbing movie

wheresbradley
April 5th, 2006, 04:50 PM

ugh, i hated that scene with the kittens in the bag

adgy-san
April 6th, 2006, 03:39 PM

Harmony Korine is just ****ing crazy.

But I enjoy his films.

Winston Smith
April 8th, 2006, 10:39 PM
http://www.contentfilm.com/images/poster_smoking.jpg

Like Fingolfin said, it's terrific; a biting satire.

Hexisland
April 9th, 2006, 08:14 AM
The Exorcist (extended version).
Man, when she crawls down the stairs upside down like a crab.
Creepy!

Hockey RN
April 9th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Take the Lead.

I thought it was pure boring crap but of course my daughter loved it. Don't waste your time.

Winsomemore
April 9th, 2006, 06:18 PM
The Ladykillers (Cohen Brothers) with Tom Hanks and a great cast. Very, very good flick.

http://www.reelmoviecritic.com/rmc/images/LK-poster.jpg

adgy-san
April 10th, 2006, 12:34 AM
I watched this 70s Japanese film called "Delinquent Girl Boss: Worthless To Confess" tonight. Part of the Pinky Violence Collection.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000BLI5UU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I was expecting a movie light on plot, but with lots of sex and blood splatter. What I got was a movie light on sex and blood splatter, but with a good plot.

GREAT movie. MUCH better than I had been expecting.

kingsfan28
April 10th, 2006, 01:40 AM
http://www.mvps.org/st-software/Movie_Collection/images/3809f.jpg
Watched this last night. Real good movie.

MadDog20/20
April 10th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Saw King Kong yesterday,
Agree! I saw it a couple of days ago and really enjoyed it. If anyone hasn't seen it yet they should definately check it out.

adgy-san
April 12th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Saw Slither tonight.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/universal_pictures/slither/slither_bigteaserposter.jpg

Enjoyed it thoroughly. Gross and hilarious. Nathan Fillion plays pretty much the same character as he does in Serenity, and I love it. I heard some critic say it's the best movie of it's kind since Tremors, and I think that's pretty accurate.

Very entertaining. Highly recommended.

Hockey RN
April 14th, 2006, 02:10 AM
The Greatest Game Ever Played. I thought it was a pretty good movie for what it was. I'm not a big golf fan, but it was a good story.

doctordestructo
April 16th, 2006, 04:06 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000EOTVU2.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V54591167_.jpg

K 4 L
April 16th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Scary Movie 4....stupid.

Dr. Naysay
April 16th, 2006, 05:06 PM
RENT

ugh.

Winsomemore
April 16th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Constantine with Keanu Reeves and Rachel Weisz.

Grade = B+.

Reeves wasn't bad, but jeez, he phrases a lot of his lines exactly the same as Clint Eastwood.

The supporting roles were cast very well (Midnite, Beeman, Balthazar, The Angel Gabriel).

http://www.sfsite.com/gra/0503/colg.jpg

Dr. Naysay
April 16th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Petere Stormare kicks ass.

http://www.abacaxiatomico.com.br/abacaxicineclube/figescurinho/diabo/03.jpg

adgy-san
April 16th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Petere Stormare kicks ass.

http://www.abacaxiatomico.com.br/abacaxicineclube/figescurinho/diabo/03.jpg

Concur with this post, although I didn't like Constantine AT ALL.

Dr. Naysay
April 16th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Time to unpimp your saviour.

Hockey RN
April 16th, 2006, 07:44 PM
What a Girl Wants
Mr & Mrs. Smith

BoobyTrap
April 16th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Concur with this post, although I didn't like Constantine AT ALL.

watching keanu reeves give the devil the finger as he's going up to heaven is always amusing.

adgy-san
April 16th, 2006, 09:16 PM
watching keanu reeves give the devil the finger as he's going up to heaven is always amusing.

It was better in the comics!

Dr. Naysay
April 16th, 2006, 09:43 PM

Six little words that make all the girlies swoon ;)

adgy-san
April 16th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Six little words that make all the girlies swoon ;)

Heh! Maybe it would if they knew what was good for them. :p

King of NY
April 16th, 2006, 10:33 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000EOTVU2.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V54591167_.jpg
Saw this tonight, ok flick.
Sorta creepy (it makes you think about weird unmentionable things), the last 20 minutes are over done and the victims are so likable that the movie is at times very disturbing, even more so, the "head on a stick" was actually taken from the "games" of the serial murder that the movie is based on (Ivan Milat).

BoobyTrap
April 17th, 2006, 08:56 AM

probably, but i haven't had time to read hellblazer...

Heh! Maybe it would if they knew what was good for them.

uh huh.

i saw robots over the weekend...and i have nothing to say on it because i wasn't really paying attention.

Fooferah
April 17th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I watched Goodnight and Good Luck last night. I enjoyed it, the performances were mostly very good and there were some great lines (which you can't even credit to the writers, because they are actual quotes).

The only thing I was a little disappointed in was that I was expecting it to be meatier. There wasn't much to it in that it was just a shot or two by each side in the Murrow/McCarthy battle... but then I guess that just adds to the approach taken in creating this film, which is to show it like it was, with the actual footage of McCarthy, and using a portrayal of Murrow's broadcasts to tell the story. It was fitting in its way, with form matching content.

adgy-san
April 17th, 2006, 11:46 AM
probably, but i haven't had time to read hellblazer...

You gots ta MAKE time!

I watched another Pinky Violence movie last night.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000BLI5UU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The movie was called Girl Boss Guerilla. It was pretty funny, although also a bit cheesy. Lots of girl fights and lots of girls kicking guys in the nuts.

adgy-san
April 20th, 2006, 02:00 AM
I saw "Thank You For Smoking" tonight.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/fox_searchlight/thank_you_for_smoking/thankyouforsmoking_bigreleaseposter.jpg

****ING HILARIOUS.

doctordestructo
April 23rd, 2006, 01:52 PM
Thank You For Smoking was great... Aaron Eckhart has the smug a**hole role down to a tee.

I saw Inside Man last night. It's OK if you turn your brain off for two hours and don't expect too much laugh:

Winsomemore
April 23rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
The Fog (2005)

Grade = F

One of the worst movies I have ever seen.

The acting was awful.

The script was awful.

Maggie Grace's performance, in particular, was awful.

The whole experience was, in a word, awful.

ImA1032
April 23rd, 2006, 04:03 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000ERA0CM.01-A2X3FMBNSRPS6U._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00005JOH3.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_V55711175_.jpg http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005JOTD.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

What can I say, there was no NASCAR race so I was bored last Sunday. I don't go to movies to critique them, I go to be entertained. I thought all 3 of these movies were good. They kept me entertained for a good 5 hours.

girl4kings
April 23rd, 2006, 04:24 PM
I saw "Thank You For Smoking" tonight.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/fox_searchlight/thank_you_for_smoking/thankyouforsmoking_bigreleaseposter.jpg

****ING HILARIOUS.

I saw this movie the other night and I had no idea what it was about but it was pretty funny. There were a lot of big names in the movie.

I still want to see the Inside man but can never make the movie times when we decide to go.

A-FROGIRL
April 23rd, 2006, 04:30 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/reviews/1534/main.jpg
Really enjoyed the political satire. B+ Oh and Hugh Grant was wicked hot ;).

BoobyTrap
April 23rd, 2006, 07:52 PM
i saw silent hill today. some of the freaky parts were cool although i only remember bits and parts from the game so i don't know how faithful an adaption it was (though there were certain things that i did recognize as deviations). did not like the ending...

incidently, my friends pointed out that it was the "unrated" version because it had an "nr" by it's name on the board. well if it was, that certainly explained some of the stuff i saw. i didn't know there was an unrated version.

oh well, time to bust out the game and play it again.

Kingsqueen
April 24th, 2006, 01:17 PM
http://bmoviecast.com/images/hostel.jpg

Ooof! Pretty brutal......

I saw this movie last night (the unrated version), but didn't see it in the theaters, so I don't know what what the difference was from the "R" version (would like to know, though). This movie had me squirming in my chair and hiding my eyes. I even screamed fairly loud at a few scenes (one in particular)...and groaned throughout the rest of it. Good times! Even though it was quite gory...and the premise, totally vile....I have to admit that I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. What that says about me, I don't know. LOL!

Definitely not for the casual horror fan.

lagwagon0
April 24th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I enjoyed Hostel, maybe I was one of the few.

Last movie I watched was Slither. It was alright.

Rob2716
April 24th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Went out and supported Latin cinema this afternoon by watching the Chilean film La Mujer De Mi Hermano (My Brother's Woman). It's basically a wife-cheats-on-husband movie except the affair is between the wife and her husband's brother, and then they throw an odd little twist at the end. The film was good, not great, but it's driving me nuts trying to remember where I've seen the house they used in this movie. Frank Lloyd Wright immediately comes to mind, but I don't think that right. Anyway, got to listen to some cool music in the movie, including Volumen Cero, the Nortec Collective and Beto from La Ley. Oh, and I can't forget to mention that the star, Barbara Mori, is at Monica Bellucci's level. Thanks to the Laemmle Theatre for putting these foreign films on a big screen.

adgy-san
April 25th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Oh, and I can't forget to mention that the star, Barbara Mori, is at Monica Bellucci's level.

Oh?

*Off to Google Image Search*

BIGDADDY
April 25th, 2006, 01:41 PM
saw American Dreamz on sunday

only reason... it was filmed at my freinds house
if you go see the movie its the house where the terrorist dude comes to live "in orange county"

adgy-san
April 28th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I saw Silent Hill last night.

I thought it blew.

Nazgul
April 28th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Just got done watching Collatoral. It was pretty good. I didn't even hate Tom Cruise! But his hair is another story...

Winsomemore
April 30th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Ridley's Scott's "White Squall".

Grade: A.

Based on a true story, "White Squall" is a movie about a group of kids from different backgrounds, each with their own issues, coming together for a sea voyage half way around the world and back and what befalls them and the crew.

Yeah, there's hundred's of other movies that have gone over this territory previously but this movie is very well done.

http://bhdaamov.hp.infoseek.co.jp/pic/whitesquall.jpg

adgy-san
April 30th, 2006, 12:25 PM
I haven't seen White Squall since it was in theaters... damn! I forgot it even existed!

Winsomemore
April 30th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I haven't seen White Squall since it was in theaters... damn! I forgot it even existed!

It's very well done (camera work, editing, acting, script, character developement). Jeff Bridges seems to be getting better all the time.

adgy-san
April 30th, 2006, 01:45 PM
It's very well done (camera work, editing, acting, script, character developement).

You can say that about almost any Ridley Scott film. :)

I do remember liking it. Maybe I'll rent it sometime soon.

Liceroni
April 30th, 2006, 06:07 PM
ChungKing Express

I liked it! It was cute!

Oh, and adgy likes female stalkers...apparently. :p

adgy-san
April 30th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Oh, and adgy likes female stalkers...apparently. :p

Only if they look like Faye Wong!! :p

And that movie is great. Not only is it funny and charming, but the cinematography is ****ing AMAZING.

MadDog20/20
April 30th, 2006, 08:05 PM
http://bmoviecast.com/images/hostel.jpg

Ooof! Pretty brutal......

I saw this movie last night (the unrated version), but didn't see it in the theaters, so I don't know what what the difference was from the "R" version (would like to know, though). This movie had me squirming in my chair and hiding my eyes. I even screamed fairly loud at a few scenes (one in particular)...and groaned throughout the rest of it. Good times! Even though it was quite gory...and the premise, totally vile....I have to admit that I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. What that says about me, I don't know. LOL!

Definitely not for the casual horror fan.
I haven't seen the unrated version,but saw the R version in theaters and that it sucked. The Hills Have Eyes is much much better.

Nazgul
May 7th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Watched Ichi the Killer yesterday. Absolutely hated it. It just made me uncomfortable. I'm becoming less tolerant of cartoony violence (and violence against women), which this moving picture had in spades. And it was muddled and interminable on top of all of that. I can't think of a single redeeming quality. I don't see how this movie has so many fans (you like it, adgy?). I haven't misliked a film this much in a long time...

adgy-san
May 7th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Watched Ichi the Killer yesterday. Absolutely hated it. It just made me uncomfortable. I'm becoming less tolerant of cartoony violence (and violence against women), which this moving picture had in spades. And it was muddled and interminable on top of all of that. I can't think of a single redeeming quality. I don't see how this movie has so many fans (you like it, adgy?). I haven't misliked a film this much in a long time...

Aww, Nazzy. That is one of my favorite movies of all time. I can totally understand how the... violence at the beginning can make on uncomfortable (it is brutal and... yeah, not cool), but the rest of the movie, for me, is absolutely insane and wonderful. It's one of my top 10 of all time.

But I still :heart2: you, Nazzy.

doctordestructo
May 7th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Caught this last night... good flick:

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/picturehouse/the_notorious_bettie_page/gretchen_mol/bettiepage_teaser.jpg

Hockey RN
May 9th, 2006, 06:27 AM
The Family Stone. Ok Flick

GALLY
May 9th, 2006, 06:53 AM
My daughter wanted to watch Shrek again. I find something new to laugh at every time I watch it. Just subtle things in the background if you are paying attention.....

Nazgul
May 12th, 2006, 09:23 AM
I saw Trainspotting! Only remarkable in the fact that I hadn't seen it before (despite owning the soundtrack for ten years). Not quite what I expected, but still fairly entertaining...

adgy-san
May 13th, 2006, 07:52 AM
No points for guessing what I saw last night, but I will tell you that it was a religious experience unlike any other.

:)

doctordestructo
May 14th, 2006, 11:38 AM
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/poseidon/poseidon_finalposter.jpg Saw Poseidon at IMAX last night... it is what it is. The opening scene and the capsizing were awesome, then characters started speaking laugh: I'm a sucker for disaster movies and loved the original as a kid (and still do) so I had to go. It passes as mindless entertainment. The IMAX experience definitely helped during the effects sequences.

DarlingNikki
May 16th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Quentin is THE man! This movie was extremely clever in a manipulitive and subtle way. He literally has the audience disgusted with the fiendish acts of murder and torture that are throughout the movie, yet by the end he transforms the audience into blood thirsty, torture hungry voyeurs! Amazing. Great horror movie.

A-FROGIRL
May 16th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I saw Trainspotting! Only remarkable in the fact that I hadn't seen it before (despite owning the soundtrack for ten years). Not quite what I expected, but still fairly entertaining...

Dude, you see Ewan full frontal. If that's not entertaining, I don't know what is!

Fooferah
May 16th, 2006, 03:25 PM
That could be practically any movie he's ever been in. You think it's in his contract or something?