PDA

View Full Version : All Things: TELEVISON

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

SirJW
September 18th, 2011, 03:02 PM
What new shows is everyone gonna check out?

Since I work in Sit-Coms, I will check them all out. Wondering if Whitney, New Girl and Two Broke Girls will be as good as they are being hyped.

Gonna check out just a few Drama's. If the others are any good I'll catch them on re-run next spring.
I said that Playboy Club and Pan Am would be good if they were on FX, HBO, Showtime, etc.. but will check them out along w/ Persons Unknown and Prime Suspect. Maybe NBC learned a lesson when the canceled Southland and will let their Drama's push the limit, but I doubt it.

ydkjs2
September 18th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Prime Suspect. I wonder if that is based on the English drama of the same name starring Helen Mirren? That was excellent. I may give this one a watch. As for the sit. comedies, I doubt it. I find most of them too predictable and mind numbing (no offense meant to your employment of course :). )

Blueline
September 18th, 2011, 03:33 PM
As usual, most of my Prime Time TV will be on paid networks. Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, SOA, Justified, Episodes, Hung, Shameless, etc.

Will still catch old favs like CSI and NCIS, but network TV (especially sitcoms) is so dumbed down that it has become hard to watch.

Hipcheck
September 18th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I may be old and crotchety as I could care less about any of the shows on network tv. FX does all the most compelling shows now anyhow.

waterboy100
September 18th, 2011, 04:40 PM
im going to check out Pan Am and The Playboy Club. I dont expect them to be great and they will both probably be quickly dropped from my schedule.

Hopefully Terra Nova is good.

Don't think im going to start any of the sitcoms coming this year.

motalare
September 18th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I am leaving my viewing schedule clear for hockey. But hopefully someone watches Revenge--I work on that show!

IceDogsFan
September 19th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Will still catch old favs like CSI and NCIS, but network TV (especially sitcoms) is so dumbed down that it has become hard to watch.

I'll also watch CSI & NCIS. I watch Bones too but only 'cause my wife likes it. I couldn't care less. There hasn't been a decent sitcom since Seinfeld.

I'm usually watching something on Discovery, Nat Geo or Smithsonian Channel.

I'm marking time waiting for a new season of Dirty Jobs

adgy-san
September 19th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I don't watch network TV much, either, but I kind of want to watch Playboy Club just for Amber Heard...

notbob
September 19th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I don't watch network TV much, either, but I kind of want to watch Playboy Club just for Amber Heard...

I just watched Drive Angry. I am now a fan.

jerseydevil
September 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Basic rule of thumb for me, as far as networks...I will no longer watch till it gets to season 2. Too many shows killed because 1st episode did not win the night. Fx is another story...American Horror Story is going to the top of my must see list.

SirJW
September 20th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Playboy Club was boring IMO, looks like they are going for the teen audience on this one.

adgy-san
September 20th, 2011, 08:47 AM
****, it started last night? Oh well. Guess I'll just go and look for screen caps. :)

Damien C
September 21st, 2011, 03:34 PM
Two Broke Girls was horrendous. I will definitely never watch that again, nor will I miss it if they decide to kill it asap.

New Girl, though, was gut-bustingly hilarious. It had both I and my fiancee in stitches for the entire 30 minutes. This is a keeper and one you should be watching

lagwagon0
September 21st, 2011, 05:58 PM
I will echo that sentiment. New Girl was very funny and it has found a place on the DVR.

notbob
September 22nd, 2011, 08:54 AM
We already have a douchebag jar in my house

Dave
September 22nd, 2011, 03:08 PM
Mine are Criminal Minds, SVU (sucked last night), Modern Family, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire. Looking forward to Homeland & An American Haunting on FX.

Did anyone catch Revenge? I dvr'd it. Just wondering if its going to be worth the time. It looks cheesy.

jerseydevil
September 22nd, 2011, 09:44 PM
Mine are Criminal Minds, SVU (sucked last night), Modern Family, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire. Looking forward to Homeland & An American Haunting on FX.

Did anyone catch Revenge? I dvr'd it. Just wondering if its going to be worth the time. It looks cheesy.

Homeland looks like it may be a winner. Damian Lewis' inclusion should please my pal Doc Naysay...

jerseydevil
September 22nd, 2011, 10:11 PM
Fox Orders 13 Episodes Of Superpower Series From HEROES Creator Tim Kring!!
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51308)

And this news is the Wah-Waaaaah to the Damian Lewis news for good old doc...

Kings Provisional
September 22nd, 2011, 11:35 PM
What new shows is everyone gonna check out?

Since I work in Sit-Coms, I will check them all out. Wondering if Whitney, New Girl and Two Broke Girls will be as good as they are being hyped.

It will probably suck but at least 2 Broke Girls has Kat Dennings to look at. Man does that girl have a rack!

http://newsmanone.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/kat-dennings5.jpg

http://www.gotceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/celebrities/kat-dennings/hot-cleavage-at-thor-premiere-in-la-2-maj/kat%20dennings%20hot%20cleavage%20at%20thor-08-560x814.jpg

Shackleford
September 23rd, 2011, 12:37 AM
Kat Dennings and the the blonde on the show are easy on the eyes that's for sure.
The show , well I'll give it another chance as I think it can be good.

Saw the Whitney Cummings show and that seemed really forced and labored to me.
Whitney is attractive though.
If you have watched football on NBC or Thursday night comedy shows
on NBC then you saw the funniest bits of the show.(even then they weren't that great) in the ads.
They mega-pushed this show all summer.

2 broke girls is created by Whitney Cummings

Either way both had very forced laughs .
The studio audiences earned their pay that night.

Kings Provisional
September 23rd, 2011, 07:29 AM
Although I am looking forward to a few shows, Person of Interest, Prime Suspect (both on the DVR) and Terra Nova, I won't get excited until Southland, Justified, The Walking Dead and The Killing come back on.

Damien C
September 23rd, 2011, 08:29 AM
Ya, Kat's easy on the eyes, but holy hell is that show bad. Get that girl some good material and I'll give her another shot (hehe)

Person of Interest seemed...flimsy. It has a decent premise, promising actors and potential, but something about that pilot left a lot to be desired. I'm sure I'll give it a few more weeks to see if it can grow into its own.

Oh, and if you didn't see the first part of the Archer 3-part miniseries that started last week and continued this (finishes next, obviously...3 parts, y'know?) it's Archer at the top of its game. You must go watch it, now!

johnmac44
September 23rd, 2011, 09:15 AM
Revenge
Two Broke Girls
Up All Night
New Girl
Pan Am

I think thats pretty much the ones I'm interested in. I usually tivo the pilots and go from there.

I thought Revenge was pretty good. I'm watching it to see the Hamptons (even though its not taped in the Hamptons......) I just love Long Island.
Two Broke Girls - haven't watched yet.
Up All Night - won't be watching that again......
New Girl - loved it
Pan Am - will let you know next week

There might be one or 2 more but I give everything one chance. By the end of the season its the usual few shows for me. I rarely watch tv unless its hockey.

roenick
September 23rd, 2011, 10:03 AM
I actually liked Person of Interest. Did anyone watch Whitney? This looked promising to me but I just didn't have time to watch.

jerseydevil
September 23rd, 2011, 10:14 PM
Whitney is for chicks...laff track lowest common denominator stuff. The Heart of Archness arc of Archaer has once and for all proven that network comedy cannot compete. Death to the old flesh!!!!!!

Dr. Naysay
September 23rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
Whitney is for chicks...laff track lowest common denominator stuff. The Heart of Archness arc of Archaer has once and for all proven that network comedy cannot compete. Death to the old flesh!!!!!!

Whitney had a few chuckles in it. It wasn't horrible.

jerseydevil
September 23rd, 2011, 10:38 PM
Whitney had a few chuckles in it. It wasn't horrible.

Ok 'Doc' what did you do with the body...shades of Invasion of the Pod People here...

Dr. Naysay
September 23rd, 2011, 10:40 PM
Ok 'Doc' what did you do with the body...shades of Invasion of the Pod People here...

Don't get me wrong.... it wasn't good. But it has potential.

jerseydevil
September 23rd, 2011, 10:48 PM
Don't get me wrong.... it wasn't good. But it has potential.

Network shows have no 'potential'. They either score massive ratings immediately or they get cancelled. CHASE had potential. The Event...had potential(fleetingly). How are they doing in their sophomore seasons?

Dr. Naysay
September 23rd, 2011, 10:52 PM
Network shows have no 'potential'. They either score massive ratings immediately or they get cancelled. CHASE had potential. The Event...had potential(fleetingly). How are they doing in their sophomore seasons?

Well I didn't watch CHASE but The Event was boring and stupid and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbB_HVcXpPk&feature=related

jerseydevil
September 23rd, 2011, 11:05 PM
yeah...but you didn't watch CHASE...ha, you must have that clip 'hot-keyed' little brother. Jaweh bless you son.

Dr. Naysay
September 23rd, 2011, 11:10 PM
yeah...but you didn't watch CHASE..

but The Event was bad enough to get two shows canceled.

chaingunsofdoom
September 25th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Thought Person of Interest was really good. Will season pass that for sure. 2 Broke Girls was entertaining, so will watch that too. New Girl was awesome.

Hopefully Terra Nova is OK, but Fox might burn it to the ground. :(

Only other new show I'm watching is Ringer and that's only for SMG.

Playboy Club was bad. Charlie's Angels was worse. Ugh.

Will check out Pan Am tonight and see how that us.

jerseydevil
September 25th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I think Terra Nova could grow into a decent NETWORK show. It won't get that chance. Too pricey/fx too hard to produce on a weekly basis, and the pilot is 2 hours of tremendously boring with the dino money shot coming right before the credits. Try it, maybe you will feel differently. Stephen Lang is a badass and deserves to finally be recognized...sadly I think he won't be on this long because a 'major death' has already been promised in some of the articles I have read.

jerseydevil
September 25th, 2011, 09:31 PM
BTW Heart of Archness pt 2...the voice of 'bucky' was none other than James 'Lo Pan' Hong. And if you do not know who that is...WHATTSAMATTA with you????

darby
September 25th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I liked "New Girl."

jerseydevil
September 25th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I liked "New Girl."

color me surprised...

Dexter
September 25th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Pan Am was... weird.

adgy-san
September 26th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Playboy Club was bad.

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/xr/esq-amber-heard-playboy-club-052011-lg.jpg

Does not compute. Maybe you were watching it wrong?

Cross Traffic
September 26th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Looks pretty good to me...:P

notbob
September 26th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Patrick Warburton needs to be a regular on Archer. That is all.

chaingunsofdoom
September 26th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Terra Nova was decent. Will need to keep watching next week.

Dexter
September 26th, 2011, 10:39 PM
That was almost the same intro as Avatar.

mitchrock
September 27th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Terra Nova seemed like it borrowed from Avatar, V, Lost, Jurassic Park and other sci-fi shows. Will give another chance but was disappointed in the opener.

C. Marshall
September 27th, 2011, 10:24 AM
2 Broke Girls is a riot! I liked it a lot... Kat has something that I really like about her, I just can't put my finger on it.... ;)
I think it's really funny! Maybe I'm alone in this but...I'll watch it every week religiously!

DeaderFan
September 27th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Terra Nova seemed like it borrowed from Avatar, V, Lost, Jurassic Park and other sci-fi shows. Will give another chance but was disappointed in the opener.

My feelings exactly. Throw in Blade Runner, Soylent Green, Timeline, and a few more. Obviously they are trying to create another "Lost" where the mysteries of the strange land unfold as time goes by, but there was just too much borrowed and some of it very cliche. That guy who runs the camp is nearly identical to the hard warrior/commander from Avatar. What are the chances that that crochity military guy is really bad, and the young strong black woman who runs the rebel "Sixers" is really good? Or that rebelious teenage son, will continue to get into trouble as he butts heads with the father he hates, yet is really just like him? The original concept seemed promising to me, but the lack of originality in the storylines kinda turned me off.

Damien C
September 27th, 2011, 05:47 PM
RE: Fringe

Why does no one remember Peter? Is that an after effect of using the device? WTF

chaingunsofdoom
September 28th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Re: Fringe. Yeah. The observers are trying to correct their mistake by permanently deleting him. But as we saw they are not all on board with that plan...

Damien C
September 28th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I understand they're currently trying to delete him. It's why Mr. Baldy 1 is composing the device. But it is apparent they've already achieved that end (except for some lingering phantom Peter sightings, hence the need for the device, to permanently erase his smallest remaining particles). My question is, when, how, where, why did the erasure happen in the first place? Seriously, it's like...poof, no one remembers Peter, and there's no explanation, no nothing for it.

adgy-san
September 28th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Fox Orders Full Season of Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' | TheWrap TV (http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/fox-orders-full-season-new-girl-31399)

Fox announced Wednesday that it's ordered 11 more episodes of the new Zooey Deschanel series, bringing it up to a full season of 24 episodes.

orpheus
September 28th, 2011, 09:05 PM
11 more episodes of adorableness. :P

Dr. Naysay
September 29th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Anybody else not able to make it through Terra Nova? God that was boring.

lunchbox
September 29th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Fox Orders Full Season of Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' | TheWrap TV (http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/fox-orders-full-season-new-girl-31399)

11 more episodes of adorableness. :P

http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2010/7/zooeyd5.jpg
*there was a more awesome photo of her that i wanted to post, but i was afraid the lgk popo would bust me despite the fact that she's in a dress... a very revealing dress...

SirJW
October 5th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Death watch 2011: Fall TV survival status report | Inside TV | EW.com (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/03/fall-tv-2011-schedule-cancelled-shows/)

lunchbox
October 5th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I watched an episode of Whitney because my husband taped it out of morbid curiosity. it sucked.

Dr. Naysay
October 5th, 2011, 07:05 PM
It's got potential...

Serif
October 5th, 2011, 10:34 PM
I watched an episode of Whitney because my husband taped it out of morbid curiosity. it sucked.

Her stand-up routine is pretty bad. Especially the bit about "playing eeny meeny miney pregnant."

lunchbox
October 6th, 2011, 12:40 AM
It's got potential...

potential to suck even more? is that even possible? i wanted to cut my eyes out and puncture my ear drums.

Her stand-up routine is pretty bad. Especially the bit about "playing eeny meeny miney pregnant."

that sounds lame. she's always the most unfunny one at the comedy central roasts she's participated in.

jerseydevil
October 6th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Hated!! The CW Kills H8R!!
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51513)

Annnnnnnd Goodbye!!!! Thank god nobody cared about this...there is hope yet!

Serif
October 7th, 2011, 09:13 PM
that sounds lame.

But irresponsibility is so funny lololololz!

Whitney also says women don't ogle men and talk about their bodies or how hot they are. Sure, Whitney. Sure we don't.

jerseydevil
October 7th, 2011, 09:57 PM
WHITNEY Collapses!! OFFICE Beats GREY’S!! VAMPIRE DIARIES Ties CHARLIE’S ANGELS!! X Rises!! Tuesday Ratings!!
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51530)

Good breakdown of, what appears to be, an important night for all the bigs. Nice to see Whitney is dropping. BTW Charlies Angels should be the next casualty.

adgy-san
October 8th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Charlie's Angels looks so terrible, but it seems like such an easy concept to make a fun show with.

Dr. Naysay
October 8th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Nice to see Whitney is dropping.

Since you refuse to watch.... why do you care?!

jerseydevil
October 8th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Because it bothers you...

No really, if you haven't noticed I post news on all kinds of stuff that isn't in my wheelhouse. And in this case they have tried to force this show on everyone SO much that it delights me that it ain't working. Can you stop stalking me now and not try to pick apart everything I do. Geez, I caved on the Reel Steel thing...is that not enough? I grow tired of explaining myself sir.

SirJW
October 8th, 2011, 03:43 PM
How to be a Gentleman axed.
No link but trust me.

Dexter
October 10th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Sounds like Pan Am will be next. Ratings for Pan Am, Desperate Housewives, The Good Wife, NFL Football and More (http://m.tvline.com/2011/10/ratings-pan-am-desperate-housewives-good-wife/)

jerseydevil
October 10th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Yeah was just reading that too. Look, unless a scripted show with high production costs just overwhelms it is likely to get the axe. It can be replaced with a cheaper sitcom or reality show. I am not sure what the ratings on Terra nova are but they better be good or you can say goodbye to that too.

Dexter
October 10th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Homeland has had two really good episodes so far.

chaingunsofdoom
October 10th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Watched the first 2 eps of Pan Am and thought they were quite good.

notbob
October 11th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Homeland has had two really good episodes so far.

I just watched the first episode and i thought it was pretty good. The quality of shows coming from the non network channels is just so much better.

jerseydevil
October 11th, 2011, 08:04 AM
I just watched the first episode and i thought it was pretty good. The quality of shows coming from the non network channels is just so much better.

And there is no reason why it NEEDS to be. Certainly the cable channels can take on more risque material...but the chasm is sooooooooooo wide. Take anything on Fx compared to...Pan Am/Whitney/etc. The difference isn't just the quality of the storytelling, it's the pandering to the lowest standards that the big 3 do that is the most damning. America is trying to speak up and let the networks know that they are tired of being spoken down to. Better/smarter stories allow for better acting opportunities which is drawing in the Glen Close-type actors and when it comes award season they notice. Seriously, you used to never see cable dramas nominated...then it became an exception...now it's the norm. The cable stations are supplanting the big 3 as the new television. In 10 years ABC/NBC/CBS will be as relevant as the current political system. It gives me hope for the future.

SirJW
October 14th, 2011, 04:46 PM
TNT Cancels 'Memphis Beat' - Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tnt-cancels-memphis-beat-248825)

ABC Cancels Charlie's Angels, Will Air Already Taped Episodes (http://www.cinemablend.com/television/ABC-Cancels-Charlie-Angels-Air-Already-Taped-Episodes-36049.html)

The Simpsons Celebrate Two More Seasons With A Music Video (http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Simpsons-Celebrate-Two-More-Seasons-With-Music-Video-36052.html)

jerseydevil
October 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM
TNT Cancels 'Memphis Beat' - Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tnt-cancels-memphis-beat-248825)

ABC Cancels Charlie's Angels, Will Air Already Taped Episodes (http://www.cinemablend.com/television/ABC-Cancels-Charlie-Angels-Air-Already-Taped-Episodes-36049.html)

The Simpsons Celebrate Two More Seasons With A Music Video (http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Simpsons-Celebrate-Two-More-Seasons-With-Music-Video-36052.html)

Wow. Jason Lee is unemployed again. Too bad. But, that being said, I never watched that show because, well it looked pretty suckage.

SirJW
October 14th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Was a good show.

Kings Provisional
October 14th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Wow. Jason Lee is unemployed again. Too bad. But, that being said, I never watched that show because, well it looked pretty suckage.

He was great in My Name was Earl and that had good ratings. And it should have gone on. But some network bean-counter realized that some reality show with half the ratings was more profitable because it is so inexpensive to make as compared to a "scripted show". So who is to blame for My Name Is Earl being cancelled? YOU ARE! You being the people who watch Dancing With The The Stars, The Biggest Loser, The X-Factor and other such crap. So while some in the "Big 3" (or big 4) still try to make quality shows they are fighting a losing battle because too many idiots watch the aforementioned ****. You only have yourselves to blame.

jerseydevil
October 14th, 2011, 10:31 PM
He was great in My Name was Earl and that had good ratings. And it should have gone on. But some network bean-counter realized that some reality show with half the ratings was more profitable because it is so inexpensive to make as compared to a "scripted show". So who is to blame for My Name Is Earl being cancelled? YOU ARE! You being the people who watch Dancing With The The Stars, The Biggest Loser, The X-Factor and other such crap. So while some in the "Big 3" (or big 4) still try to make quality shows they are fighting a losing battle because too many idiots watch the aforementioned ****. You only have yourselves to blame.

It's what i'm always on about... Look, you are tilting at windmills. America has chosen. And they are ****ing stoopid. so...

Thank GAWD for the fact that stations like Fx/AMC and to an extent HBO have no ceiling so when their shows draw high ratings FOR A CABLE SHOW it encourages them. Sadly, when it becomes the norm for them to have high shares they will go lowest common denominator too. AMC is already caving with the Walking Dead struggles and the introduction of reality shows in their upcoming lineup. It is what it is. Enjoy the rare bird that sneaks through while you can.

lagwagon0
October 16th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Since I didn't see a "Starz" thread, the first episode of "Boss" which starts next Friday is being streamed (no subscription required) on their website. I have to say I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to more. Link: Boss - A STARZ Original Series - Screening Room (http://www.starz.com/originals/Boss/ScreeningRoom)

jerseydevil
October 17th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Gotta say...I am interested. Kelsey Grammar is always good. But Starz has bad track records. The one show that people liked about the actors working as caterers had a tremendous who's who of actors...and failed. The other big show they had, sorry Doc, CRASH, was based on a movie a lotta folks hated. This show feels like a win, but the network its on don't seem to know how to transition to new content. Time will tell.

adgy-san
October 18th, 2011, 09:16 AM
‘Zombieland’ Writers Penning TV Series That Will Probably Kill Any Chance Of A Movie Sequel > The Playlist (http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/zombieland_writers_penning_tv_series_that_will_pro bably_kill_any_chance_of_/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_content=Google+Reader)

While talk of a “Zombieland 2” has been tossed around for a while now, it looks like the franchise will continue on the small screen instead. Vulture reports that writers Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese have developed a half-hour TV version of the movie. Moreover, this isn’t some pie-in-the-sky project, as talks are underway with Fox and Sony Pictures Television to bring it to the airwaves for the 2012-3 season. If this seems like a smaller-scaled compromise versus getting a new movie in front of cameras, guess again, as apparently this project was first conceived as a TV series years ago.

“The original plan for this was to make it as a TV show,” producer Gavin Polone told Vulture. It was set up over at CBS in 2005 but of course, “they did what networks do, which is to take all the good stuff out.” The idea was tossed over to SyFy who were unable to find a workable budget, but everything worked out in the end, as the 2009 movie was made and became a smash hit. But even in the big screen adventure, there were kernels of the television incarnation present.

“If you watch the movie with that in mind, you will see some remnants of the television show. We have the ‘Zombie Kill of the Week,’ which was always intended to happen every week. The movie ends on a cliffhanger; it doesn’t have a real resolution,” Reese told MTV earlier this years. “[The movie’s ending] is just our guys driving off into the sunset for some new adventures. That’s because that’s how the television pilot ended.”

jerseydevil
October 19th, 2011, 04:26 AM
'Otherwise We're Going To Have To Yield The Field Of Play Here!!' Herc Loves Starz’ New Kelsey Grammer Hourlong BOSS!! Watch The Pilot, Right Here Right Now!!
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51620)

jerseydevil
October 19th, 2011, 04:28 AM
What’s Getting Cancelled Next??
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51616)

Dexter
October 19th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Sounds like Terra Nova which isn't surprising.

lagwagon0
October 19th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Wonder if anyone has actually laughed while watching Whitney...

Dr. Naysay
October 19th, 2011, 05:56 PM
The one show that people liked about the actors working as caterers had a tremendous who's who of actors...and failed.

Party Down was awesome.

Dexter
October 19th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Are we having fun yet?

jerseydevil
October 19th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Party Down was awesome.

Oooooooh don't go sneaking your Lizzy Kaplan love between the lines. Ken Marino rules...and that, is it Adam Scott(?) guy is pretty good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrmZAXezkhA

Dr. Naysay
October 19th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Adam Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x97BxYCldDo

Adam Scott.

jerseydevil
October 19th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Yes...I like him too. He was also good in a regular guy role in Pirahna. Step Brothers is actually a decent flick.

Dr. Naysay
October 19th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Step Brothers is actually a decent flick.

Let's not get crazy... it has some hilarious set pieces and a talented cast.... but as a whole?

jerseydevil
October 19th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Let's not get crazy... it has some hilarious set pieces and a talented cast.... but as a whole?

I agree...preparation H does feels good...on the whole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFkIZ-Zf32Y

lunchbox
October 20th, 2011, 12:00 AM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt2tnf6lkF1qa51o3o1_r3_250.gif

he's kind of hot. not in an obvious way. kind of in a dorky way. he looks kind of weird though. i thought he was in his 20s (and thought the romantic pairing with amy poehler was weird at first) but it turns out he's older than me.
ps. not hot in the batman suit.

jerseydevil
October 20th, 2011, 09:58 PM
GRIMM Series Premiere Review (http://collider.com/grimm-series-premiere-review/121649/)

With the amount of content available on television today, shows are fighting for ways to stand out from the pack. While my DVR is dedicated to only a handful of titles, NBC, with their outstanding Thursday night comedy lineup, leads all basic broadcasting channels. Now it looks as if I’ll have to add another NBC series to the list as Grimm could easily turn into one of my new favorite shows.

The network currently has a brilliant marketing strategy that allows you to watch the series premiere in its commercial-free entirety before it airs nationally on Friday, October 28that 9pm. All you have to do is follow their Twitter account, @NBCGrimm, and check your email (or spam) for a direct message with a code. But if you need some more incentive to check it out, hit the jump for my review of the Grimm series premiere.

This is my one quiet hope for the network system. It's got lameduckCHUCK as a lead in and it's already relegated to the FridayNightDeathSlot. Check it out...maybe word of mouth will carry this. Prolly not though. Of all the FABLES ripoffs this is the one the seems to cling closer to the conceit. It's probably smart AND fun, which means it is doomed.

DMAN3474
October 20th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Anyone watching "Homeland" on showtime? I have the first 2-3 episodes recorded but haven't watched yet. Is it any good/worth watching?

jerseydevil
October 20th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Its supposed to be awesome. My damned time/warner dvr is weak, can't hold ****. Gonna watch onDemand and I will get back to ya. Hey D, ain't ya glad Juice LIVES!!!!!

notbob
October 21st, 2011, 01:06 PM
Homeland is definately worth a watch. The writing and acting are both excellent.

DMAN3474
October 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM
I hope to have some free time this weekend and watch Homeland.

There is no way Juice wouldnt live, I dont see Sutter killing him off that easily. I didnt hear the break until I saw someone comment about it and then i went back and re-listened to the end.

notbob
October 21st, 2011, 04:03 PM
I forgot to mention check the standard def and the hi def video on demand for Homeland. For some reason the second episode wasnt avail in hd for me but it was in sd.

jerseydevil
October 25th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Why the guys behind Lost are taking on fairytales in Once Upon a Time | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2011/10/why-the-guys-behind-lost.php)

Anyone catch this? Got it on the dvr...looks like it may develop into something, but it prolly will not get the chance.

DMAN3474
October 25th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Why the guys behind Lost are taking on fairytales in Once Upon a Time | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2011/10/why-the-guys-behind-lost.php)

Anyone catch this? Got it on the dvr...looks like it may develop into something, but it prolly will not get the chance.

It was kinda....meh. I will give it another episode but thats about my limit for this one.

SirJW
October 26th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Some of you peoples might like this link
The Renew / Cancel Index - TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/the-renew-cancel-index/)

jerseydevil
October 26th, 2011, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a87JyaiZghs&feature=player_embedded

Beavis and Butt-Head hijack Jimmy Kimmel -- VIDEO | Inside TV | EW.com (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/25/beavis-and-butt-head-jimmy-kimmel-photo/)

THIS THURSDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!

jerseydevil
October 26th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Showtime Orders a Second Season for HOMELAND (http://collider.com/homeland-renewed-season-two-showtime/122574/)

Ok, well Kingsqueen, maybe an onDemand matrathon of this and Boardwalk are in the cards...

jerseydevil
October 27th, 2011, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_K8lojqJYQ&feature=player_embedded

jerseydevil
October 28th, 2011, 12:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Kh3rFsv_WSE

Herc Says NBC’s New Slayer Saga GRIMM Is No BUFFY!!
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51772)

Dunno, judging from the reviews this may get cancelled before tonights episode.

jerseydevil
October 28th, 2011, 05:10 PM
First look: Shameless cast gets all wet for season 2 - HitFix.com (http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/first-look-shameless-cast-gets-all-wet-for-season-2)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/rtbstrd1331/Shameless_S2_Key-art.jpg

Aaaah fire hydrants...reminds me of my childhood. New season starts Jan. 8(Elvis' b-day)

Yes yes Kingsqueen...I know I know.

jerseydevil
October 29th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Herc Predicts Imminent Ax-ation For PRIME SUSPECT, PAN AM, BODY OF PROOF And MAN UP!!
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51776)

Wow, did not expect Prime Suspect to fail so badly. Judging by the amount of promotion NBC did, I have to say they are a little surprised too. Looked like a good show for network tv.

in other news

“Terra Nova” gained before the baseball hiatus, leaving “Fringe” alone as most likely to get cancelled. I trust Fox will let it finish out the season, given that The Bishop Boys were gangbusters business before Fox moved them to later in the week.

“Beavis and Butt-head” returned after a 14-year absence to overtake 14-year-old “South Park” as cable’s highest rated comedy. “Boardwalk Empire,” the highest-rating thing on pay cable at the moment, got its third season last week. “Sons of Anarchy,” to the surprise of no one, just was renewed for next year. I imagine FX’s “American Horror Story,” which just hit a personal high, will be back next fall as well.

WildWill
October 29th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I TRIED to watch Prime Suspect, as I'm a HUGE fan of the original BBC show, and it just....SUCKED OUTRIGHT. I hate shows with forced "accents" and that show was WAAAAY too New York for my taste. I'm also not that big a fan of Maria Bello, I sort-of liked her on ER, but that was before she toyed with Carter's emotions for two seasons.

TRIED to watch "Whitney" - didn't make it all the way through the pilot, and I went to HS with one of the Executive Producers! Which is strange because I like "2 Broke Girls" - mostly because of Kat Dennings though.

DVRed (and now deleted) Pan Am, Playboy Club and Charlie's Angels. I actually only watched ONE episode of Pan Am, and gave the rest a skip.

Have all of Terra Nova on DVR, but kind of waiting to see if it's worth watching yet.

Watched the pilot of that "How to be a Gentleman" and I thought it was cute, but knew it wasn't going to last.

DMAN3474
October 29th, 2011, 05:16 PM
grimm wasnt as bad as i thought it might be.

notbob
October 31st, 2011, 07:38 AM
I'm really looking forward to Shameless and to a lesser extent Episodes.

jerseydevil
October 31st, 2011, 08:59 AM
Grimm was formulaic as hell and I fully expect it to go the way of The Cape, but I will watch it till then.

Oh, and Alan Gregory was annoying. Anyone see Family Guy? That was an odd episode.

jerseydevil
October 31st, 2011, 10:10 AM
FOX adds additional Bobs Burgers episodes - HitFix.com (http://www.hitfix.com/articles/fox-adds-additional-bobs-burgers-episodes)

Apparently Allan Gregory did not do too well. More Bob's Burgers!!!! Hooray!!!!!

Damien C
October 31st, 2011, 12:26 PM
huzzah!

lunchbox
November 1st, 2011, 01:16 AM
Anyone see Family Guy? That was an odd episode.

which part? the abuse or the murder? am i missing something else? (i was dead tired when i watched it).

chaingunsofdoom
November 1st, 2011, 06:31 AM
FG wasn't their version of the after-school special?

2 Broke Girls is still hanging-in the 'entertaining' dept.

Castle is the best thing on TV on Monday nights. Too bad there was no Halloween ep. Stana Katic looks like she needs a sandwich though.

jerseydevil
November 1st, 2011, 08:44 AM
which part? the abuse or the murder? am i missing something else? (i was dead tired when i watched it).
Pretty much the whole thing. Just seemed like they were going out of their way to NOT be funny.

jerseydevil
November 3rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
ABC Gives Full Season Orders to ONCE UPON A TIME, LAST MAN STANDING, HAPPY ENDINGS and Five More Scripts for PAN AM (http://collider.com/once-upon-a-time-last-man-standing-full-season-abc/124526/)

Once upon must be doing well...surprising. Deleted the first because the 2nd did not dvr...Sundays are rough. Any opinions?

chaingunsofdoom
November 4th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Can't really stand behind 2(!) shows ripping-off Fables, but I will try to catch the premiere re-run of Grimm tomorrow.

adgy-san
November 4th, 2011, 07:56 AM
ABC Gives Full Season Orders to ONCE UPON A TIME, LAST MAN STANDING, HAPPY ENDINGS and Five More Scripts for PAN AM (http://collider.com/once-upon-a-time-last-man-standing-full-season-abc/124526/)

Once upon must be doing well...surprising. Deleted the first because the 2nd did not dvr...Sundays are rough. Any opinions?

BoobyTrap told me it was good, but not great.

jerseydevil
November 6th, 2011, 08:44 PM
According to the NBC promos, GRIMM is the #1 new show(on Friday Night). Anyone have an opinion? I keep waiting for Doc Naysay to spray vitriol on this...what say you brother?

jerseydevil
November 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Hannibal Lecter Series Finds Home on Television - ShockTillYouDrop.com (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=21789)

That proposed Hannibal television series we told you about has a home.

NBC reportedly picked it up and Bryan Fuller will develop a 13-episode run executive produced by Martha De Laurentiis.

Unlike some other shows, Hannibal will not need to deal with going through the "pilot" process. Deadline says if NBC likes the first script Fuller pens, it will go right to series.

What do you think? Read for some "further adventures of Hannibal Lecter?"

The show is said to focus on Lecter's early days and his cat-and-mouse relationship with FBI agent Will Graham.

Ugh.

jerseydevil
November 8th, 2011, 10:48 AM
and in more ' Bryan Fuller attempts to single handedly kill television' news

More on The Munsters Revamp | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/48642/more-munsters-revamp)

It was back in August when word first broke that NBC had tapped “Pushing Daisies” creator Bryan Fuller to revamp “The Munsters” for the 21st century with more of an edgy, slightly darker hour-long makeover. Not sure if the plan is still to go that route, but whatever Fuller has come up with has NBC executives so happy they may greenlight the series by the end of the week.

When your network is in the kind of ratings toilet NBC is, you have to think outside the box with your programming. Or you can start stocking up on name brands like Hannibal Lecter and “The Munsters”.

Deadline Hollywood has also given us a little more insight into what to expect from Fuller’s revamping of the classic 1960’s sitcom:

Like Fuller’s previous series, Pushing Daisies, the project features striking visuals mixed with all the classic Munsters archetypes. Grandpa Sam Dracula is essentially Dracula who assembled Herman because no man was good enough for his daughter, Lily, a sexy vamp. Lily’s niece, Marilyn the freak, is actually normal, and Lily and Herman’s only child, Eddie, has his werewolf tendencies surface in puberty, forcing the family to relocate to their famous 1313 Mockingbird Lane address.

The talk is of this new version of “The Munsters” becoming a summer replacement series or some sort of network event for later in the year.

Bryan Fuller is clearly a very busy man as we also just told you about him being hired by NBC to write their just-announced Hannibal Lecter TV series. Fuller is also penning a Pinnochio movie for Warner Brothers so if he can help turn a puppet into a real boy, maybe he can also help make NBC into a real network again.

Dr. Naysay
November 9th, 2011, 01:09 AM
According to the NBC promos, GRIMM is the #1 new show(on Friday Night). Anyone have an opinion? I keep waiting for Doc Naysay to spray vitriol on this...what say you brother?

I.................................................

kinda like it!

jerseydevil
November 9th, 2011, 10:27 AM
wow...no words.

Kings Provisional
November 9th, 2011, 01:47 PM

Grimm is not bad but I have to say that, for me anyways, it borders on "meh". Take away that the bad guys of each episode are storybook creatures, it is a mediocre cop show. The creatures thus far are commiting crimes (although horrible) that happen everyday and are commited by regular non-creature scumbags. I am waiting for a troll that deals crack under a bridge.

It hints that cooler things are on the way but thus far I do not find it brilliant.

Dr. Naysay
November 9th, 2011, 07:16 PM
wow...no words.

Well I'm usually incredibly forgiving of TV shows.

For example... I liked Smallville and loved The OC.

Grimm is not bad but I have to say that, for me anyways, it borders on "meh". Take away that the bad guys of each episode are storybook creatures, it is a mediocre cop show. The creatures thus far are commiting crimes (although horrible) that happen everyday and are commited by regular non-creature scumbags. I am waiting for a troll that deals crack under a bridge.

It hints that cooler things are on the way but thus far I do not find it brilliant.

Oh it's totally forgettable, the special effects are low rent at best and the cast is nowhere near as charming or likable as they're meant to be....

but it's fun enough.

lunchbox
November 10th, 2011, 05:24 PM
how is that you liked smallville but haaaaaaaaaaaaaaated heroes? what was the difference to you?

jerseydevil
November 10th, 2011, 05:26 PM
annnnnnnd slowly I turned, step-by-step, inch-by-inch...Niagra Falls!!!! you know not what venom thou hast unleashed LB. :yo:

Dr. Naysay
November 10th, 2011, 05:36 PM
how is that you liked smallville but haaaaaaaaaaaaaaated heroes? what was the difference to you?

I hated Heroes because I turned on it. I started out really liking it and there were some episode near the end of the first season that I really really enjoyed. Or at least some scenes. Like when Sylar went to see his mom and wound up killing her and turning her apartment into a snowglobe? ****ing awesome!

But then they started writing absolute crap episodes and being stupid.

Also Peter Petrelli has a stupid face.

And they left that Irish chick in the dystopian future and they

NEVER

MENTIONED HER

AGAIN!!!

lunchbox
November 10th, 2011, 07:00 PM
right, i know what you don't like about heroes. i want to know what the difference is between smallville and heroes is to you. i liked watching both for the mindless self-indulgence, but they were both crappy. come on, smallville's writing was no better. like how everyone conveniently got amnesia. near the end, it also became like a soap opera with all the obligatory beefcake (oliver queen and clark) shirtless shots. lol.

orpheus
November 10th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Green Arrow came out shirtless in that show? So that's what I have been missing? mhihi:

Dr. Naysay
November 10th, 2011, 08:07 PM
right, i know what you don't like about heroes. i want to know what the difference is between smallville and heroes is to you. i liked watching both for the mindless self-indulgence, but they were both crappy. come on, smallville's writing was no better. like how everyone conveniently got amnesia. near the end, it also became like a soap opera with all the obligatory beefcake (oliver queen and clark) shirtless shots. lol.

I guess I could always see Smallville as absurdly funny.

The "One Death/Mind Control/Amnesia Per Episode/Story Arc" was an awesome rule and I felt like the show never really took itself seriously or at least I felt like it didn't...

Whereas Heroes was all "Oooh everybody watch us cus if you save the cheerleader you save the world and we have a big budget and we're on NBC and blah blah blah"

Plus Smallville was a deliberate reinvention of familiar comic characters... Heroes was ripping off the best comic story lines from the last 20 years and passing it off as "original television".

**** Heroes.

jerseydevil
November 10th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Man...as much as I hate to admit it, Heroes was pretty ****ty. I liked the season with the Carnival, but only cause I really like Robert Knepper. Then again I was liking the Cape too.

chaingunsofdoom
November 10th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Community was as awesome as usual tonight!

lunchbox
November 11th, 2011, 02:59 AM
i got you now, doc. thanks and i can agree with your points.

and oh ya, orphy, for a while, i'd be all like :38smile:, but then it just got ridiculous like it was more of an expected thing like the amnesia that happens in every episode. lol.

i guess someone put together a montage of sorts illustrating the ridiculousness i referred to:
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l2r7l100za1qbbea6o1_500.png

lagwagon0
November 11th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Getting caught up with New Girl and man am I in love :) Also, started watching a couple of episodes of 2 Broke Girls and while many of the jokes feel forced like they do on Whitney, at least they are funny most of the time here so it's earned a few more weeks.

jerseydevil
November 11th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Howard Stern in Negotiations to Replace Piers Morgan on AMERICA’S GOT TALENT (http://collider.com/howard-stern-americas-got-talent/125975/)

america has a bad idea...

CardiacKid56
November 11th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Howard Stern in Negotiations to Replace Piers Morgan on AMERICA?S GOT TALENT (http://collider.com/howard-stern-americas-got-talent/125975/)

america has a bad idea...

Thats a bigger :WTF2: than Ellen on Idol.

jerseydevil
November 13th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Paul Bettany to Star in Showtime Pilot MASTERS OF SEX (http://collider.com/paul-bettany-masters-of-sex/126181/)

Paul Bettany is headed to cable. The Legion actor has been set as the lead in Showtime’s new pilot Masters of Sex. The series will revolve around sexual education researchers William Masters and Virginia Johnson. THR reports that Bettany will play Masters in his first foray into series television. Masters and Johnson pioneered human sexual response research, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of sexual disorders and functions. The two met in 1957, marrying years later in 1971. Their research continued up through the 1990s, until their divorce all but ended their professional partnership.

Hmmm. Another fairly established actor coming to cable. Not sure how interested I am in this show, still...

jerseydevil
November 13th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Russell Tovey Leaving BBC Three's Being Human | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/48750/russell-tovey-leaving-bbc-threes-being-human)

Have not yet seen season 3, but the British version of this(superior the the American) is a great show and highly recommended.

orpheus
November 13th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Paul Bettany to Star in Showtime Pilot MASTERS OF SEX (http://collider.com/paul-bettany-masters-of-sex/126181/)

Hmmm. Another fairly established actor coming to cable. Not sure how interested I am in this show, still...

Actually a series about Masters & Johnson can be very interesting. Either that or I am a pretentious perv. :facepalm:

adgy-san
November 14th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Actually a series about Masters & Johnson can be very interesting. Either that or I am a pretentious perv. :facepalm:

No, I agree!

And I am most definitely neither pretentious nor a perv. :)

Dr. Naysay
November 14th, 2011, 01:40 PM
No, I agree!

http://www.alfajango.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Dwight-Schrute-False-cropped.jpg

jerseydevil
November 14th, 2011, 01:42 PM
No, I agree!

or self-aware? :yo:

adgy-san
November 14th, 2011, 02:01 PM
http://www.alfajango.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Dwight-Schrute-False-cropped.jpg

or self-aware? :yo:

http://pics.livejournal.com/adgy/pic/008c2s6d

Dr. Naysay
November 14th, 2011, 02:05 PM
http://www.nenoreasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/its_go_time.png

adgy-san
November 14th, 2011, 09:34 PM
http://pics.livejournal.com/adgy/pic/008yxy08

orpheus
November 14th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Adgy isn't a perv. And if you think he is, you are probably just sexually repressed and insecure. As for him being pretentious, I am pleading the fifth (while I drink one). mhihi:

Anyways, I can't think of anything that Paul Bettany has been in besides A Beautiful Mind. Dunno, his biggest accomplishment, in mind is scoring Jennifer Connelly. :grin:

My favorite Showtime series, well from the ones that I have watched, is Dead Like Me, which like many a good weird series was cancelled too soon. *sigh*

adgy-san
November 14th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Adgy isn't a perv. And if you think he is, you are probably just sexually repressed and insecure. As for him being pretentious, I am pleading the fifth (while I drink one). mhihi:

Thank you, Orph.

Anyways, I can't think of anything that Paul Bettany has been in besides A Beautiful Mind. Dunno, his biggest accomplishment, in mind is scoring Jennifer Connelly. :grin:

No matter what he does for the rest of his life, that will be his biggest accomplishment. I don't care if he cures AIDS and cancer. It would still be that.

jerseydevil
November 18th, 2011, 01:39 PM
An exclusive first look at two creatures from tonight's Grimm | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2011/11/an-exclusive-first-look-a.php)

Kings Provisional
November 18th, 2011, 07:51 PM
IMHO Adgy is neither a perv or pretentious.

In fact I will go as far as giving him the highest of compliments: He seems like a stand up guy and I would drink a beer with him.

jerseydevil
November 18th, 2011, 09:07 PM
IMHO Adgy is neither a perv or pretentious.

In fact I will go as far as giving him the highest of compliments: He seems like a stand up guy and I would drink a beer with him.

Adgy is a prince among men and my brother from another mother...but he is a perv. All those repressed wanna be Asians are. I know Adgy has bought, or at least dreamed of buying, soiled panties from a vending machine. But then again...who hasn't?

Dr. Naysay
November 18th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Guilt by association.

SirJW
November 21st, 2011, 07:52 AM
OK, I know I will get flamed but Whitney is not all that bad. I was given a chance to grow and the last few have been good. Too bad more shows don't get that chance.

jerseydevil
November 21st, 2011, 09:53 AM
Whitney was given a chance simply because of the amount of money NBC spent promoting what they thought was a surefire hit. It is still underperforming based on their expectations and part of the reason it was given a chance to grow is that the execs would have lost their jobs if they pulled it after 4 episodes. The Chevy Chase show was promoted incessantly and failed miserably, still it was on WAAAAAAY longer than it should have been. I have no problem with you liking the show...i'm sure it's harmless, but don't give credit for the wrong reasons. NBC would have looked ridiculous if they had pulled Whitney like a regular show. Even that cop show with Maria Bello got a full season because of all the hype they gave it.

jerseydevil
November 21st, 2011, 10:17 AM
GRIMM is pretty much bottom feeder stuff. But, despite that, I find myself liking it. If it were to go away I wouldn't cry too hard though. The lead guy is a stiff and the review that described him as a less emotive Brandon Routh was pretty dead on.

adgy-san
November 21st, 2011, 12:05 PM
Adgy is a prince among men and my brother from another mother...but he is a perv. All those repressed wanna be Asians are. I know Adgy has bought, or at least dreamed of buying, soiled panties from a vending machine. But then again...who hasn't?

Forgive me for veering this thread off topic again, but I would never buy soiled panties from a vending machine. Unless I was 100% sure they were soiled by someone whose soiled panties appealed to me.

I don't want soiled panties from, like, an ugly chick.

DMAN3474
November 21st, 2011, 01:09 PM
GRIMM is pretty much bottom feeder stuff. But, despite that, I find myself liking it. If it were to go away I wouldn't cry too hard though. The lead guy is a stiff and the review that described him as a less emotive Brandon Routh was pretty dead on.

Thats who he reminds me of!!! I couldnt figure it out.

CardiacKid56
November 21st, 2011, 01:14 PM

Thats who he reminds me of!!! I couldnt figure it out.

They look like they're related

jerseydevil
November 21st, 2011, 01:23 PM
Forgive me for veering this thread off topic again, but I would never buy soiled panties from a vending machine. Unless I was 100% sure they were soiled by someone whose soiled panties appealed to me.

I don't want soiled panties from, like, an ugly chick.

Sorry, I never meant to infer that you would indiscriminently buy ANY panties from a vending machine.

Dr. Naysay
November 21st, 2011, 02:37 PM
Grimm and Once Upon a Time are both shows that are mindlessly entertaining but I certainly wouldn't miss them if they were gone.

Most of the fun comes from the one or two "Oh yea I recognize that name/story/place/thing... *yawn*/eat more chips" moments each week.

adgy-san
November 21st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Sorry, I never meant to infer that you would indiscriminently buy ANY panties from a vending machine.

I forgive you your trespass.

jerseydevil
November 22nd, 2011, 12:44 AM
NBC Picks Up Silly Human and Puppet Hybrid Comedy Series THE NEW NABORS From The Jim Henson Company (http://collider.com/nbc-new-nabors-puppet-comedy-jim-henson-company/127760/)

Between NBC picking up Whitney, looking to can Community, and sitting low on the networks rankings, it’s clear that the Peacock is not at the top of their game. As a matter of fact, the network is so desperate, they’re looking to inspiration from their past success to fuel their future endeavors. Back in the 80′s the network found some laughs and big ratings with their puppet and human hybrid series ALF, and now Deadline reports the network has just picked up The New Nabors, a series from the Jim Henson Company following a human family who deals with the repercussions of living next door to a family of puppets.

I guess that makes sense since Cousin Skeeter has probably been out of work for awhile, and with all the caller ID available on phones nowadays, Crank Yankers have to be looking for work. But seriously, this kind of project kind of screams desperation, and sounds cheesy as hell. But perhaps if the right people from Jim Henson’s offices are involved, the same kind of energy infused into The Muppets, hitting theaters this weekend, could end up on the small screen. Of course I’d rather just see The Muppet Show make a comeback again. Afterlife writer John Hoffman and 30 Rock executive producer John Riggi will write the script which was developed with Lisa Henson and all will executive produce the show longtime Henson producer Alex Rockwell. Maybe this could turn out to be something solid like Greg the Bunny, which was cancelled all too soon? We’ll see.

jerseydevil
November 22nd, 2011, 01:32 AM
NBC Gives Grimm a Full Season Order | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/48936/nbc-gives-grimm-full-season-order)

jerseydevil
November 25th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Another Reason to Keep COMMUNITY on the Air: Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice (http://collider.com/community-beetlejuice-cameo/128572/)

NBC has pulled Community from the network’s midseason schedule so we can all continue to enjoy the magic of the wretched new sitcom, Whitney. In fairness, NBC has given Dan Harmon‘s hilarious and brilliant sitcom over two seasons to find an audience and that audience has never come. But the ones who have shown up (i.e. smart people) have been rewarded with references so clever that sometime they cannot be seen with the naked eye…or at least not in a single episode (or even a single TV series).

Case in point: a Community fan recently noticed that the show had directly referenced Tim Burton‘s Beetlejuice once per season for the past three seasons, which would of course complete the eponymous character’s summoning chant, “Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.” On any other show, that would simply be a coincidence and a writer’s room that liked the 1988 comedy as a go-to reference. On Community, it’s par for the course. Hit the jump to check out the proof of Beetlejuice summoning and hope that a Michael Keaton guest spot is on the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=19FMU3M7Jtk

jerseydevil
November 28th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Louis C.K. Returning to PARKS AND RECREATION and Kathryn Hahn is Coming Too (http://collider.com/louis-ck-kathryn-hahn-parks-and-recreation/129032/)

jerseydevil
November 28th, 2011, 11:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qbeew2XhmU&feature=player_embedded

ALCATRAZ Teaser Trailer (http://collider.com/alcatraz-teaser-trailer/128955/)

Here’s the gigantic official synopsis for Alcatraz:

From executive producer J.J. Abrams (FRINGE, “Lost,” “Star Trek” and the upcoming “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol” and “Super 8″) and writer and executive producer Elizabeth Sarnoff (“Lost,” “Deadwood”) comes ALCATRAZ, the chilling new thriller centered on America’s most infamous prison and one-time home to the nation’s most notorious murderers, rapists, kidnappers and thieves.

When San Francisco Police Department DET. REBECCA MADSEN (Sarah Jones, “Sons of Anarchy”) is assigned to a grisly homicide case, a fingerprint leads her to a shocking suspect: JACK SYLVANE (guest star Jeffrey Pierce, “The Nine”), a former Alcatraz inmate who died decades ago. Given her family history – both her grandfather and surrogate uncle, RAY ARCHER (Robert Forster, “Jackie Brown”), were guards at the prison – Madsen’s interest is immediately piqued, and once the enigmatic, knows-everything-but-tells-nothing government agent EMERSON HAUSER (Sam Neill, “Jurassic Park”) tries to impede her investigation, she’s doggedly committed. Madsen turns to Alcatraz expert and comic book enthusiast, DR. DIEGO “DOC” SOTO (Jorge Garcia, “Lost”), to piece together the inexplicable sequence of events. The twosome discovers that Sylvane is not only alive, but he’s loose on the streets of San Francisco, leaving bodies in his wake. And strangely, he hasn’t aged a day since he was in Alcatraz, when the prison was ruled by the iron-fisted WARDEN EDWIN JAMES (Jonny Coyne, “Undercovers”) and the merciless ASSOCIATE WARDEN E.B. TILLER (Jason Butler Harner, “The Changeling”).

Madsen and Soto reluctantly team with Agent Hauser and his technician, LUCY BANERJEE (Parminder Nagra, “ER”), to stop Sylvane’s vengeful killing spree. By delving into Alcatraz history, government cover-ups and Rebecca’s own heritage, the team will ultimately discover that Sylvane is only a small part of a much larger, more sinister present-day threat. For while he may be the first, it quickly becomes clear that Sylvane won’t be the last prisoner to reappear from Alcatraz.

Through the course of the investigation, Madsen and Soto will learn that Agent Hauser has known about the prison’s secret history and has been awaiting the prisoners’ return. Soto will witness his life’s work – the history of Alcatraz – come alive. Madsen will be forced to keep her supportive San Francisco cop fianc?, JIMMY DICKENS (Santiago Cabrera, “Heroes”), at arm’s length from the highly classified assignment as she sees everything she thought she knew about her family’s past shattered, all while fighting to keep the country safe from history’s most dangerous criminals.

ALCATRAZ is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television. The series is executive-produced by J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk (FRINGE) and Elizabeth Sarnoff. Steven Lilien (“Kyle XY”) & Bryan Wynbrandt (“Kyle XY”) and Sarnoff wrote the pilot, and Danny Cannon (“CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” “CSI: Miami”) directed and executive-produced the pilot.
From executive producer J.J. Abrams (FRINGE, “Lost,” “Star Trek” and the upcoming “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol” and “Super 8″) and writer and executive producer Elizabeth Sarnoff (“Lost,” “Deadwood”) comes ALCATRAZ, the chilling new thriller centered on America’s most infamous prison and one-time home to the nation’s most notorious murderers, rapists, kidnappers and thieves.

When San Francisco Police Department DET. REBECCA MADSEN (Sarah Jones, “Sons of Anarchy”) is assigned to a grisly homicide case, a fingerprint leads her to a shocking suspect: JACK SYLVANE (guest star Jeffrey Pierce, “The Nine”), a former Alcatraz inmate who died decades ago. Given her family history – both her grandfather and surrogate uncle, RAY ARCHER (Robert Forster, “Jackie Brown”), were guards at the prison – Madsen’s interest is immediately piqued, and once the enigmatic, knows-everything-but-tells-nothing government agent EMERSON HAUSER (Sam Neill, “Jurassic Park”) tries to impede her investigation, she’s doggedly committed. Madsen turns to Alcatraz expert and comic book enthusiast, DR. DIEGO “DOC” SOTO (Jorge Garcia, “Lost”), to piece together the inexplicable sequence of events. The twosome discovers that Sylvane is not only alive, but he’s loose on the streets of San Francisco, leaving bodies in his wake. And strangely, he hasn’t aged a day since he was in Alcatraz, when the prison was ruled by the iron-fisted WARDEN EDWIN JAMES (Jonny Coyne, “Undercovers”) and the merciless ASSOCIATE WARDEN E.B. TILLER (Jason Butler Harner, “The Changeling”).

Madsen and Soto reluctantly team with Agent Hauser and his technician, LUCY BANERJEE (Parminder Nagra, “ER”), to stop Sylvane’s vengeful killing spree. By delving into Alcatraz history, government cover-ups and Rebecca’s own heritage, the team will ultimately discover that Sylvane is only a small part of a much larger, more sinister present-day threat. For while he may be the first, it quickly becomes clear that Sylvane won’t be the last prisoner to reappear from Alcatraz.

Through the course of the investigation, Madsen and Soto will learn that Agent Hauser has known about the prison’s secret history and has been awaiting the prisoners’ return. Soto will witness his life’s work – the history of Alcatraz – come alive. Madsen will be forced to keep her supportive San Francisco cop fianc?, JIMMY DICKENS (Santiago Cabrera, “Heroes”), at arm’s length from the highly classified assignment as she sees everything she thought she knew about her family’s past shattered, all while fighting to keep the country safe from history’s most dangerous criminals.

Dexter
November 29th, 2011, 12:02 AM
You're missing some great stuff in Homeland if you're not watching it.

jerseydevil
November 29th, 2011, 12:05 AM
You're missing some great stuff in Homeland if you're not watching it.

Just got caught up on Boardwalk and now it's time to get caught up on Homeland. Gonna have a few weeks of downtime on shows and Sons/Boardwalk are ending, so...

Dr. Naysay
November 29th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Alcatraz is gonna suck. The end.

jerseydevil
November 29th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Alcatraz is gonna suck. The end.

well, that was easy. Sorry Fox.

Dr. Naysay
November 29th, 2011, 01:04 PM
You know it's true.

jerseydevil
November 29th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I don't KNOW it...I assume it, but I am willing to at least watch a few episodes before I declare it d.o.a.

jerseydevil
November 29th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Liev Schreiber to Lead Showtime Drama Pilot RAY DONOVAN (http://collider.com/liev-schreiber-ray-donovan/129230/)

adgy-san
November 29th, 2011, 05:27 PM
No, 'Pan Am' Is Not Canceled (Update) | TheWrap TV (http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/nope-pan-am-not-canceled-33149)

Well, it wasn't exactly THE call: "Pan Am" will only shoot 14 episodes this season, including the 13 full episodes ABC originally ordered. It also ordered five additional scripts, and will shoot and air one of them, a person at ABC said. The person said it is unlikely to shoot the four remaining scripts this season.

But ABC and Sony Pictures Television, the studio that produces the show, say it is not canceled. A person at Sony says that the studio and network are negotiating over how many more episodes the series will shoot this season, and that ABC will decide later whether it will return for a second season, but that it remains very much in contention.

jerseydevil
November 29th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Bryan Singer to Direct THE MUNSTERS Remake (http://collider.com/bryan-singer-the-munsters/129366/)

Sorry, but I hate this. NOBODY can replace Fred Gwynne or Granpa Al. NOBODY!!!!!!!

orpheus
November 30th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Nobody can replace Yvonne Decarlo while we're on the subject.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5dd7lazU61qb7dheo1_400.jpg

:love29:

jerseydevil
November 30th, 2011, 12:06 AM
or hell...even Marilyn. Oh wait, they switched Marilyns and nobody gave a rat's ass. Nevermind.

orpheus
November 30th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I didn't noticed. Hell, I didn't noticed when they changed Dicks on Bewitched. mhihi:

jerseydevil
November 30th, 2011, 12:28 AM
I didn't noticed. Hell, I didn't noticed when they changed Dicks on Bewitched. mhihi:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/rtbstrd1331/dr_evil-1.jpg

Wait...someone switched dicks and you did not notice???

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/rtbstrd1331/drevil.jpg

jerseydevil
November 30th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Ricky Martin Will Teach Some Spanish on GLEE (http://collider.com/ricky-martin-glee/129298/)

Um, wow. Ok.

jerseydevil
November 30th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Comedian Gilbert Gottfried returns to TV in 'Law & Order: SVU' after making tsunami jokes - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/gottfried_tweet_revenge_CAxgBXqCaLU3F8HurT5bbO)

lunchbox
November 30th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Comedian Gilbert Gottfried returns to TV in 'Law & Order: SVU' after making tsunami jokes - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/gottfried_tweet_revenge_CAxgBXqCaLU3F8HurT5bbO)

hmmmm... i still watch this show even though it's gotten lame. i'm interested to see gottfried in it though.

Dexter
December 4th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Wow, another solid episode of Homeland.

jerseydevil
December 5th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Wow, another solid episode of Homeland.

Ok, thanks to a bad bout of food poison I was able to get all caught up on Homeland. It's a good show, i'll give it that, but I was expecting more. It has a lot of faults and they don't go out of their way to sustain any level of suspense. They introduce ideas and just leave them(her mental condition/the nightime looking for mr goodbar/Saul failing the polygraph noticeably) they may be looking to come back to them but to just introduce these points and then abandon them is bad storytelling. The is he/isn't he aspect is tiresome too. It makes it hard to identify/sympathise with anyone and therefore it keeps you from getting emotionally involved. What Carrie has done from the beginning is preposterous and more than borderline criminal as well. I guess I just expected a more traditional suspenseful show. I will keep watching, because it is not horrible...but it certainly could be a lot better.

jerseydevil
December 5th, 2011, 11:18 AM
BD Horror News - TV: Character Details and Plot for 'The Munsters' Pilot! (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/27447)

We're exclusively told by insiders that this will NOT be a remake of the original 1964 series that starred Fred Gwynne, Al Lewis and Yvonne De Carlo as a family of friendly monsters have misadventures never quite realizing why people react to them so strangely.

The modern take will instead be strange hybrid of the popular comedy "Modern Family" and HBO's "True Blood". While the series will be dark there will be a lot of heart and comedic elements. While I'm a huge fan of Bryan Fuller's "Dead Like Me", his "Pushing Daisies" never grabbed my attention, and frankly neither were any good at character development. The follow, though, gives me some series hope. There are a lot of interesting people moving into 1313 Mockingbird Lane...

The pilot episode, which is to be directed by Bryan Singer - who also was behind the camera for the "House" pilot, Superman Returns and X-Men - will focus on 10-year-old Eddie Munster who is unaware that he's a werewolf, and that his family is composed of terrifying creatures. The madness begins when a baby bear attacks a scouting trip, only it turns out that this "bear" is actually Eddie transformed into a werewolf. Eddie is unaware of his metamorphosis and it forces the family to move in order to protect the family secret. The coming of age story gets weirder as he fights against his family when he learns of a shocker: they're a family of flesh-eaters!

A few other random character notes: Lily Munster has an eating disorder and eats suicide victims. Grandpa Munster is a 600-year-old shapeshifter, and Marilyn Munster was adopted when her mother tried to eat her as a baby.

Oh man this just gets worse and worse...

jerseydevil
December 5th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Rest in Peace Alan Sues | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/49135/rest-peace-alan-sues)

Another small screen legend has passed on, leaving behind a legacy filled with laughs and memorable performances. TV legend Alan Sues has died at the age of 85.

Sues passed away at his Los Angeles home yesterday.

Known to the mainstream audience mainly for his hilarious stint on "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In", Alan touched our genre twice: once in 1995 in the television remake of A Bucket of Blood and more famously for his role as Wilfred Harper, Jr., in the ultra creepy episode of "The Twilight Zone" entitled The Masks.

orpheus
December 5th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I am actually intrigued by it now. Not that I'll watch it anyways. mhihi:

Dr. Naysay
December 5th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I'm spending the weekend with family and I just watched the Pilot episode of "I Hate My Teenage Daughter" with my Dad and my 14 year old sister.

Maybe it was because we had all just been in a huge fight about what to have for dinner but it was hilarious.

Blueline
December 5th, 2011, 10:38 PM
BD Horror News - TV: Character Details and Plot for 'The Munsters' Pilot! (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/27447)

Oh man this just gets worse and worse...

This sounds like a train wreck, and not the good kind that you can't look away from.

jerseydevil
December 7th, 2011, 02:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Jj-CErr0VOY

When Mythbusters Goes Wrong – House Smashed, Minivan Battered Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/07/when-mythbusters-goes-wrong-house-smashed-minivan-battered/)

jerseydevil
December 7th, 2011, 02:44 PM
WGA TV Nominations Announced | CHUD.com (http://www.chud.com/76428/wga-tv-nominations-announced/)

jerseydevil
December 7th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Producers Guild Awards Announces Television Series Nominees (http://collider.com/producers-guild-awards-nominees-2012/130962/)

CardiacKid56
December 7th, 2011, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Jj-CErr0VOY

When Mythbusters Goes Wrong – House Smashed, Minivan Battered Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/07/when-mythbusters-goes-wrong-house-smashed-minivan-battered/)

.....Myth confirmed?

I can't wait for that episode.

jerseydevil
December 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
New Grimm tonight, and tomorrow too I think. Must be doing well that they are bringing it back with 2...either that or they are trying to burn off episodes.

jerseydevil
December 9th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Watch the bloody 1st scene of the new Spartacus: Vengeance season | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2011/12/watch-the-bloody-1st-scen.php)

January 27th...still not sure if he can replace Whitfield, we'll see.

jerseydevil
December 9th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Tom Fontana and Barry Levinson Bring Cop Drama To A&E | CraveOnline (http://www.craveonline.com/tv/articles/179435-tom-fontana-and-barry-levinson-bring-cop-drama-to-aae)

CardiacKid56
December 10th, 2011, 08:59 AM
FYI, Fear Factor comes back on Monday!

jerseydevil
December 12th, 2011, 10:50 AM
ok...HOMELAND...spoilers obviously

ok, I am on record as saying this show has been a little wishy washy and meandering...well, last night sure fixed things considerably. Danes(who never really impressed me) was pretty damned good showing someone 'off their meds'. And Brody finally has been 'declared' at least as far as it seems. Makes things much more clear and allows for sides to be picked. Brody's daughter particularly shined as someone who, unlike her brother/mother can see that something is amiss. And Saul's sympathy/guilt was certainly a better reaction than if he had done the obvious and gotten pissed that Carrie kept another secret from him. It was almost as if he understood better and it actually brought him closer to her. Judging by the particularly long and (what seems to be) spoilerish preview for the 90 minute finale' it's going to be tough for all of these characters to return for a second season. Much like American Horror Story on Fx, I am very interested what their plans are going forward.

jerseydevil
December 12th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Do we really need more Fear Factor? - HitFix.com (http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/starr-raving/posts/do-we-really-need-more-fear-factor)

CardiacKid56
December 12th, 2011, 01:59 PM
do we really need more fear factor? - hitfix.com (http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/starr-raving/posts/do-we-really-need-more-fear-factor)

yes!!!

jerseydevil
December 13th, 2011, 11:28 AM
TV Ratings: Fear Factor returns big, but Two and a Half Men helps CBS win Monday - HitFix.com (http://www.hitfix.com/articles/tv-ratings-fear-factor-returns-big-but-two-and-a-half-men-helps-cbs-win-monday)

Forgot to DVR Fear Factor...how was it?

CardiacKid56
December 13th, 2011, 03:29 PM
TV Ratings: Fear Factor returns big, but Two and a Half Men helps CBS win Monday - HitFix.com (http://www.hitfix.com/articles/tv-ratings-fear-factor-returns-big-but-two-and-a-half-men-helps-cbs-win-monday)

Forgot to DVR Fear Factor...how was it?

Awesome, crazy dangling from helicopter stunts, strapped to the front of a big rig while it crashes through boxes, swim in a tank of cows blood while looking for cow hearts with ur mouth, eat 5 live giant scorpions, Joe Rogan hilarious-ness, crazy bitch with evil witch laugh, guy falling from dangling net on helicopter into water, hotties in swimsuits. Awesome. #teamtwilight

JackBarlow
December 13th, 2011, 08:21 PM
ok...HOMELAND...spoilers obviously

ok, I am on record as saying this show has been a little wishy washy and meandering...well, last night sure fixed things considerably. Danes(who never really impressed me) was pretty damned good showing someone 'off their meds'. And Brody finally has been 'declared' at least as far as it seems. Makes things much more clear and allows for sides to be picked. Brody's daughter particularly shined as someone who, unlike her brother/mother can see that something is amiss. And Saul's sympathy/guilt was certainly a better reaction than if he had done the obvious and gotten pissed that Carrie kept another secret from him. It was almost as if he understood better and it actually brought him closer to her. Judging by the particularly long and (what seems to be) spoilerish preview for the 90 minute finale' it's going to be tough for all of these characters to return for a second season. Much like American Horror Story on Fx, I am very interested what their plans are going forward.

My free Showtime offer is now up and have to cancel. Holy cow I can't miss the finale. I predict the bomb doesn't go off. A dud.

jerseydevil
December 17th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Showtime Turning ANIMAL KINGDOM Into a TV Series (http://collider.com/animal-kingdom-tv-series-showtime/132877/)

Though Showtime already has a fantastic crime drama in the form of Dexter and a great family drama with a bit of criminal mischief with Shameless, another felonious family will be heading to the cable network. THR has word that the cable network is working with Shameless writer John Wells to turn the Sundance selected, Grand Jury Prize winning drama Animal Kingdom into an hour-long TV series.

Interesting. They need to keep the Australian setting for this though or else it's just another crime drama.

jerseydevil
December 17th, 2011, 01:01 PM
KEEPING UP WITH THE EASTWOODS?? Clint?s Clan Getting E! Reality Show??
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52313)

Howard Stern Returns To NBC As AMERICA?S GOT TALENT Judge!!
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52300)

Two of my heroes doing things that i.m.o. take a little lustre off of their careers. Unecessary entirely.

jerseydevil
December 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcK4OJmIo7c&feature=player_embedded

KingsOvAllKings
December 18th, 2011, 04:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcK4OJmIo7c&feature=player_embedded

Man i just recently found out that this series is based off on a UK? series. Im not sure if i am dumb for not knowing but i was really looking forward to the new season only to find out they have about 4-5 seasons of the UK version that they are pretty much basing everything off of.

Dexter
December 19th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Homeland finale was pretty good. Hopefully Carrie remembers him screaming Nazir's kid's name.

jerseydevil
December 19th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Homeland finale was pretty good. Hopefully Carrie remembers him screaming Nazir's kid's name.

Agree completely. The suspense was ridiculous when Brody was in that bunker. Really well done. AND they managed to defy my expectations and in one episode lay the groundwork for a potentially very good second season. The memory card is the key to everything. Really good acting all around(except for the wife) and some heartbreaking moments(the cell phone call). I thought most of the season was uneven but they ended very strong. Looking forward to season 2.

jerseydevil
December 19th, 2011, 02:28 PM
'Homeland' season finale interview: Behind that tense closer | Inside TV | EW.com (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/12/18/homeland-finale/)

jerseydevil
December 20th, 2011, 10:43 AM
11 Things the Homeland Finale Did Well, and Four Things That Make Us Nervous for Season 2 -- Vulture (http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/12/homeland-finale-brody-carrie.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nymag%2Fvulture+%28Vulture+-+nymag.com%27s+Entertainment+and+Culture+Blog%29)

Apparently it was very high rated breaking Showtime records.

Dexter
December 20th, 2011, 02:16 PM
That was a good read. Really hope we see a little of how they turned Walker in season two.

jerseydevil
December 23rd, 2011, 03:51 PM
'Once Upon a Time' creators talk second half | Inside TV | EW.com (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/12/23/once-upon-a-time-scoop/)

Anyone keen on this, or even watching it? I wanted to, but my DVR just couldn't hack all the shows on Sunday nights. Should I seek out downloads and catch up?

Dr. Naysay
December 23rd, 2011, 06:12 PM
'Once Upon a Time' creators talk second half | Inside TV | EW.com (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/12/23/once-upon-a-time-scoop/)

Anyone keen on this, or even watching it? I wanted to, but my DVR just couldn't hack all the shows on Sunday nights. Should I seek out downloads and catch up?

It's pretty hit or miss as far as entertainment value. You're not missing anything but it's far from horrible.

jerseydevil
December 23rd, 2011, 09:57 PM
Hmmm, kinda what I thought, but if you are still watching it still that says something. I do like Robert Carlyle a lot. Is it clever? It looks like it could be. That's what interested me. I love FABLES and this is such a clearly 'inspired by' show. I get the feeling that this would disappoint because of oversimplification.

Dr. Naysay
December 23rd, 2011, 10:25 PM
Hmmm, kinda what I thought, but if you are still watching it still that says something. I do like Robert Carlyle a lot. Is it clever? It looks like it could be. That's what interested me. I love FABLES and this is such a clearly 'inspired by' show. I get the feeling that this would disappoint because of oversimplification.

Carlyle is way too over the top half of the time but really excellent the other half.

It's not terribly clever and it does totally suffer from oversimplification but mostly it suffers from overLOSTification.

jerseydevil
December 23rd, 2011, 10:40 PM
Carlyle is way too over the top half of the time but really excellent the other half.

It's not terribly clever and it does totally suffer from oversimplification but mostly it suffers from overLOSTification.

I think the over-the-topness might be due to the broad strokes of the show, and the aforementioned over-simplification. But maybe I am just defending Carlyle. And yeah...it's got a lot of Losties behind the scenes and it is clear that ABC still is laboring to capture lightning in a bottle again. I still think I might give it a shot when it hits boxset.

Dr. Naysay
December 23rd, 2011, 11:34 PM
I think the over-the-topness might be due to the broad strokes of the show, and the aforementioned over-simplification. But maybe I am just defending Carlyle. And yeah...it's got a lot of Losties behind the scenes and it is clear that ABC still is laboring to capture lightning in a bottle again. I still think I might give it a shot when it hits boxset.

I think it's either a choice Carlyle is making or it's a direct request from the director. It's all overly physical and too flourishy.

And you can tell it's loaded with LOST creative talent. They make tons of allusions to the show in general and it has the dual storytelling gimmick and it relies too heavily on schmaltz.

But I still enjoy watching it.

Honestly my biggest complaint is that Snow White isn't nearly pretty enough.

jerseydevil
December 24th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I think it's either a choice Carlyle is making or it's a direct request from the director. It's all overly physical and too flourishy.

And you can tell it's loaded with LOST creative talent. They make tons of allusions to the show in general and it has the dual storytelling gimmick and it relies too heavily on schmaltz.

But I still enjoy watching it.

Honestly my biggest complaint is that Snow White isn't nearly pretty enough.

She is a rather handsome woman ain't she?

jerseydevil
December 24th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Liam McIntyre SPARTACUS: VENGEANCE Interview (http://collider.com/liam-mcintyre-spartacus-vengeance-interview/128911/)

jerseydevil
December 24th, 2011, 04:18 PM
What was the most time-shifted TV show of 2011? Hint: It's scary! | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2011/12/what-was-the-most-time-shifted-tv-show-of-2011-hint-its-scary.php)

If they can measure this there is no way that you can tell me they should not factor dvr'ing into ratings.

jerseydevil
December 27th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Even More on The Munsters Redux | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/49538/even-more-munsters-redux)

Moviehole landed the entire enchilada on what to expect from the pilot episode. Be warned... It's lengthy and covers everything so if you still wanna be surprised, steer clear of the above linkage.

The pilot episode, which is to be directed by Bryan Singer - who also was behind the camera for the "House" pilot, Superman Returns and X-Men - will focus on 10-year-old Eddie Munster, who is unaware that he's a werewolf and his family is composed of terrifying creatures. The madness begins when a baby bear attacks a scouting trip, only it turns out that this "bear" is actually Eddie transformed into a werewolf. Eddie is unaware of his metamorphosis, and it forces the family to move in order to protect the family secret. The coming of age story gets weirder as he fights against his family when he learns of a shocker: they're flesh-eaters!

What might be a good idea if only they did not try to coattail it onto a Munsters retromake. Part of me is at least happy that they are going out of their way to distance it from the original, until I realize again that they are using the original to somehow draw in an audience. This is a shining example of what is wrong, something new and a little different, yet packaged in the most cynical/abusive way.

jerseydevil
December 27th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Showtime Streaming HOUSE OF LIES Series Premiere Online (http://collider.com/house-of-lies-premiere-streaming/134352/)

Not sure about this. Uninteresting subject, but Don Cheadle is good and folks like Kristen Bell. I'll give it a try though.

jerseydevil
January 2nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Look! It Moves! by Adi Tantimedh: When TV Shows Burn Out | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/01/02/look-moves-by-adi-tantimedh-when-tv-shows-burn-out/)

Shackleford
January 2nd, 2012, 03:18 PM
"The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Magaret"

I haven't seen this show mentioned here but I caught some episodes on new years day marathon (IFC)
I heard about it but for whatever reason never saw any shows till now.

Stars Will Arnett and David Cross .
Pretty F'in funny.

Nice to see David Cross in a role were he is the butt of the jokes and a complete ass instead of him being Mr Snarky Pants all the time.
Don't get me wrong I think the guy is funny but his hipster holier than thou stand up schtick was getting boring to me.

New episodes start to air on Friday along with Portlandia on IFC.
I have high hopes for both this season.

jerseydevil
January 2nd, 2012, 07:16 PM
I agree with you about Cross. He's a bit of a humorless prig and a hypocrite. He will sign on for the horrid Chipmonks movies, cash the check, and then say how it was a soul killing experience. Can't have yer cake and eat it dude.

But if anyone is interested, they are having an event at cinefamily on Jan 9th...

$10/free for members

THE Q&A FROM THIS EVENT WILL BE LIVE-STREAMED ON THE CINEFAMILY BLOG AT APPROX. 10:30pm (PST) ON JANUARY 9TH!

Join David Cross in person for a special presentation of what’s possibly his most warped creation ever! Created, written by, and starring Cross (“Arrested Development”, “Mr. Show”), IFC’s “The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret” follows the awkward misadventures of an American office temp/convenient liar who bluffs his way into a senior sales position heading up the London office for the new energy drink/toxic poison Thunder Muscle. Aided in his imbecilic gaffes and misfortunes by his mysteriously devious and sometimes useless assistant (Blake Harrison of “The Inbetweeners”), Todd inadvertently wrecks havoc on the entire city of London, to devastatingly hilarious results. Co-starring Will Arnett, Janeane Garofalo, Amber Tamblyn and Russ Tamblyn. Come watch a special feature-length edition of Season One with us, followed by a Q&A with David Cross — and catch Season Two on IFC, Fridays at 10:30pm starting January 6th!

Special Events-January 2012 | The Cinefamily (http://www.cinefamily.org/films/special-events-january-2012/)

Dr. Naysay
January 3rd, 2012, 02:03 AM
There should be some kind of limit on people saying something was a soul crushing experience. I spent 6 weeks working in a Salmon cannery in Dillingham, Alaska in the summer of 2000. I worked from 7am to 1am every god damned day for 7 days a week for 6 straight weeks with only two days off sprinkled in near the end.

THAT was a soul crushing experience and I went home with a half dozen fresh frozen Sockeyes and less than $10,000.

If you make 6 figures for a few weeks of filming on a ****ty CGI kids movie that spins off two sequels that continue to pay you... that's NOT soul crushing. Anybody who considers that soul crushing should be forced into a ****ing coal mine for 30 days.

David Cross isn't even funny.

And I don't want to hear any Arrested Development apologists. He's funny in that playing a complete tool. Good for him.

Dr. Naysay
January 3rd, 2012, 02:04 AM
Oh and the one episode of The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret that I watched wasn't funny either. It sucked and so do people who liked it.

Shackleford
January 3rd, 2012, 03:51 AM
Oh and the one episode of The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret that I watched wasn't funny either. It sucked and so do people who liked it.

Dude , come on take a chill pill or whatever you do to relax .
That is a bit much don't you think?
Especially coming from some one who digs "New Girl"
That is a very lugubrious show to watch.
Everything seems labored on that gig.
Don't get me wrong I am fully supporting anything that gets Zoey D. on TV with any regularity but
that show is a bit well . . . . .

Maybe it will get better , I will continue watching and hope . . . . . .

Again David Cross' character is the butt of the jokes and comes out looking like an ass in the show.
I would think if you don't like the guy this would be enough to keep you watching to see how much they
cut him down.

Of course it helps if you like Will Arnet and the guy from the Inbetweeners (Neil on that show , Dave on this one)

adgy-san
January 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
I think David Cross is a bit of a hypocritical prick.

But I really like his stand up. A lot.

And the 4 or 5 episodes of Todd Margaret I watched did nothing for me.

jerseydevil
January 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
TV Review: ABCs Work It - HitFix.com (http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-fien-print/posts/tv-review-abcs-work-it)

Man this show is getting HORRIBLE reviews.

It'll probably be a huge hit.

jerseydevil
January 3rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bfRgVbp9gSY

Watch the Trailer For Netflix (http://www.slashfilm.com/watch-trailer-netflixs-original-series-lilyhammer/)

In order to survive, Netflix is getting in the business of producing and distributing original content alongside their portfolio of catalog movies (a model first made profitable by HBO). I’m sure you’ve all read that they will be brining back Arrested Development in 2013. A couple other series are in the works, the first of which will premiere on Monday, February 6th 2012. Lilyhammer is the fish-out-of-water story of a New York mobster who enters the federal witness protection program after ratting on his boss. Sopranos veteran and E Street Band guitarist Steven Van Zandt plays Frank “The Fixer” Tagliano. Netflix has released a 3 minute trailer for the series

Dexter
January 4th, 2012, 10:09 AM
TV Review: ABCs Work It - HitFix.com (http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-fien-print/posts/tv-review-abcs-work-it)

Man this show is getting HORRIBLE reviews.

It'll probably be a huge hit.

Ratings: Work It Not a Complete Bust, NCIS and NCIS: LA Cop Big Numbers - TVLine (http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/ratings-work-it-ncis-la/)

The men-in-drag comedy debuted to 6.1 million total viewers while scoring a 2.0 demo rating, retaining some 80 percent of lead-in Last Man Standing‘s numbers (7.9 mil/2.4). But while Work It improved on the short-lived Man Up‘s final audience in the 8:30 slot, it was down 17 percent from its predecessor’s own series premiere rating.

:facepalm:

jerseydevil
January 4th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I hate it when I am right.

jerseydevil
January 4th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Martin Campbell to Direct ABC Pilot THE LAST RESORT (http://collider.com/martin-campbell-the-last-resort/135404/)

Coming off the lackluster Green Lantern, director Martin Campbell is dipping his toe back into television. THR reports that Campbell has signed on to direct the pilot for the thriller The Last Resort. The series centers on “the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who, after ignoring an order to fire nuclear missiles, wind up being hunted and escape to a NATO outpost where they declare themselves to be the world’s smallest nuclear nation.” It’s a fantastic premise, and The Shield’s Shawn Ryan and Dead Like Me’s Karl Gajdusek are the key creative team behind the futuristic drama. In addition to directing the pilot, Campbell will serve as executive producer.

this needs to be awesome.

Dexter
January 8th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Shameless had a decent premiere, House of Lies was a bit Zack Morrish, and Californication was great as usual.

Stormy2213
January 9th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Shameless had a decent premiere, House of Lies was a bit Zack Morrish, and Californication was great as usual.

I liked all 3 as well. Emmy Rossum, Dawn Olivieri, Natasha McElhone.......Nice!! None of the 3 are shows where I'm looking for some large meaning or message about something - I'm just enjoying the eye candy and the humor. But more especially the eye candy. I hope Dawn Olivieri's character gets a lot more time in future episodes of House of Lies. The show could flat out suck and I'd watch it just to watch her. Yea, I'm can be a sexiest pig sometimes! :smile:

EDIT: and the stripper/escort in House, Megalyn Echikunwoke, damn! Hot damn.

notbob
January 9th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I agree Shameless was decent for the start of the new season. I liked House of Lies will definitely give it another watch.

jerseydevil
January 9th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Frank Darabont returns to TV! TNT developing LA Noir pilot!
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52543)

Now here’s the full press release:

TNT has ordered a pilot for L.A. Noir, a new drama series from executive producers Frank Darabont (The Walking Dead, The Shawshank Redemption), Michael De Luca (The Social Network, Moneyball) and Elliot Webb (Tall Time Tales). The project from TNT Original Productions is based on John Buntin’s critically acclaimed book L.A. Noir: The Struggle for the Soul of America’s Most Seductive City, which chronicles the epic battle between Los Angeles Police Chief William Parker and mobster Mickey Cohen. Alissa Phillips (Moneyball) of Michael De Luca Productions serves as co-executive producer. Darabont is set to write and direct the pilot.

“The story of L.A. Noir is inspired by an incredibly dramatic period in the history of Los Angeles," said Michael Wright, executive vice president, head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). "This project is a sweeping tale of the battle for the soul of the city that was waged between the forces of the LAPD and the West Coast mob. We’re thrilled to be working with Frank Darabont and Michael De Luca, two award-winning storytellers behind some of the most entertaining films of the past two decades, as they to bring this intense and exciting crime-drama to TNT.”

“Noir is a passion of mine, so I feel blessed to delve into a project that speaks in the hardboiled vernacular,” said Darabont. “John Buntin’s superb book, though non-fiction, is our touchstone and inspiration for the stories we’ll be telling, weaving fiction throughout the facts and facts throughout the fiction. The book provides elements that are irresistible, a big canvas with endless possibilities. The goal is to deliver on the tone that the title L.A. Noir promises: a smart, gritty, authentic, period noir drama. Also a blessing is the warm welcome we’ve gotten from Michael Wright and TNT, a great bunch of folks with huge enthusiasm for the source material. The best bonus of all is getting to work with my friend Mike De Luca. He’s terrific, a tremendously smart and talented producer, a gem. Partnering with him on this marvelous project after knowing him for so many years is an absolute treat for me.”

“It has been a personal dream of mine to work with Frank Darabont since he was kind of enough to become my friend when we met in the late 1980s," said De Luca. "He’s been an inspiration to me ever since. There is no one working at his level today who puts more integrity and humanity into their efforts to create lasting and original entertainment. This rich source material is a perfect fit for his talents, and we’re grateful to Michael Wright and TNT for this amazing opportunity.”

L.A. Noir is the true story of a decades-long conflict between the Los Angeles Police Department, under the determined leadership of Police Chief William Parker, and ruthless criminal elements led by Mickey Cohen, a one-time boxer who rose to the top of L.A.’s criminal world. The series is a fast-paced crime drama set in Los Angeles during the 1940s and '50s. It's a world of glamorous movie stars, powerful studio heads, returning war heroes, a powerful and corrupt police force and an even more dangerous criminal network determined to make L.A. its West Coast base.

jerseydevil
January 9th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Fox: TERRA NOVA Makes Money!! FRINGE Loses Money!! GREGORY Is Dead!! HOUSE and GLEE May Not Be Back Next Season!!
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52536)

The Fox events at the Television Critics Association yielded updates on much of its programming.

* “Terra Nova” has not yet been renewed for a second season, but Fox Network entertainment president Kevin Reilly says the show made money for Fox but says “creatively, the show was hunting.” (Prior reports indicate Fox intends to keep Brannon Braga aboard was showrunner if “Nova” returns.) The special effects reportedly demand Fox make a decision on season two by April.

* “Fringe” won’t be back unless Warner Bros. starts charging less. “We lose a lot of money on the show,” said Reilly. “At that rating on that night it’s almost impossible for us to make money. We are not in the business of losing money, so we’re trying to figure out if there a number at which we can continue with the series. We haven’t even sat down with the producers yet.”

* Jonah Hill’s “Allen Gregory” has been cancelled. Apparently Fox ordered it just to keep the “Simpsons” cast in line.

* “House” and “Glee” are not yet locks for next season, but “Glee” seems much more likely to be renewed given its ratings:

jerseydevil
January 9th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Press tour: Charlie Sheen not crazy anymore as he talks Anger Management - HitFix.com (http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/press-tour-charlie-sheen-not-crazy-anymore-as-he-talks-anger-management)

jerseydevil
January 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM
David Cross Rants Again About Alvin And The Chipmunks On Conan - CinemaBlend.com (http://www.cinemablend.com/new/David-Cross-Rants-Again-About-Alvin-Chipmunks-Conan-28758.html)

Here is a good article supporting the argument that cross is a hypocrite.

Dr. Naysay
January 11th, 2012, 06:18 PM
David Cross Rants Again About Alvin And The Chipmunks On Conan - CinemaBlend.com (http://www.cinemablend.com/new/David-Cross-Rants-Again-About-Alvin-Chipmunks-Conan-28758.html)

Here is a good article supporting the argument that cross is a hypocrite.

David Cross is an unfunny *******. Congratulations hipsters... you're why he's rich.

SirJW
January 11th, 2012, 07:19 PM
I know most in this thread don't go for sit-coms but...
I've been working on ?ROB! and it is one of the funniest shows I've ever worked on. I hope it translates to the TV. Give it a few episodes.
It premieres tomorrow night on CBS @ 8:30.
http://www.cbs.com/shows/rob/

SirJW
January 11th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Also check out Last Man Standing on ABC Tuesday Nights @ 8. Good family show I work on with a nice message every week.
Watch Full Episodes for Free Online - Last Man Standing - ABC.com (http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/last-man-standing)

jerseydevil
January 14th, 2012, 12:49 PM
NBC Picks Up Pilots Midnight Sun and Do No Harm from Universal TV | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/49898/nbc-picks-pilots-midnight-sun-and-do-no-harm-universal-tv)

NBC has picked up two drama pilots from its sister studio, Peter Traugott’s new Universal TV production company, and while they both sound more "thriller" than horror, one seems to have a "Twin Peaks" vibe and the other sounds like yet another spin on Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde so we figured we'd mention them and then see how Dread-worthy they turn out to be.

Here's the breakdown per Deadline:

"Midnight Sun", based on the Israeli series "Timrot Ashan", aka "Pillars of Smoke", is a thriller following the mysterious disappearance of a group living on a commune in Alaska. The Alaska setting is appropriate given that the original series is being described as "Twin Peaks" meets "Northern Exposure" meets "Lost". "Midnight Sun" centers on a female FBI cult specialist who starts an investigation that uncovers a larger conspiracy. Lisa Zwerling ("The Event", "FlashForward") wrote the adaptation and is executive producing the pilot with Peter Traugott ("Ringer", "Samantha Who?"), Rachel Kaplan, and Alon Aranya.

"Do No Harm" is a medical drama about a brilliant neurosurgeon who wrestles with his dangerous alter-ego that threatens to wreak havoc on his personal and professional life. David Schulner ("The Event") wrote the script and is executive producing with Traugott and Kaplan.

Like we said above, should either or both of these potential series wind up on the horror side of the fence, we'll keep you posted on their progress. One thing's for sure - it looks like NBC is taking its success with "Grimm" to heart and focusing a lot more closely on genre(ish) projects.

I see the event far too much in those credits...does NBC ever learn?

jerseydevil
January 14th, 2012, 01:07 PM
David Nevins Talks the End of DEXTER, HOMELAND Season 2, NURSE JACKIE, HOUSE OF LIES, and More (http://collider.com/david-nevins-dexter-series-finalehomeland-season-2-interview/137734/#more-137734)

Season 1 of Homeland is going to be a tough act to follow. What can you say about Season 2, and whether it will pick up right where it left off or whether it might go forward in time a bit?

NEVINS: Well, I wouldn’t necessarily assume that Season 2 begins the day after Season 1 ended. I do know some things about it. It’s been an interesting show in that I read a lot of, “Well, last week was good. Where are they going to go now? How are they going to top it?” And, I like that. I think it’s justified skepticism. With Season 1, I think they pulled it off. Most people seemed to really like the finale. I think there is a general attitude of, “Well, Season 1 worked. What the hell are they going to do in Season 2?” And, I think the writers have some very clever answers for that. I have to say that it is very fun to work on that kind of show, where people are wanting to know what’s going on, and you’re just trying to stay one step ahead.

Have you seen any full scripts, or have you been made aware of the overall direction?

NEVINS: No. I can’t even say I know the overall. Alex [Gansa] and Howard [Gordon] and I talk all the time, and there are a lot of what-ifs. I’m sure they know more than I know, but to get it right, you’ve got to take your time. One thing that I know will be central next year is that Brody (Damian Lewis) and Carrie (Claire Danes) have only just begun. There’s an enormous amount that’s unresolved. One way or the other, that will be a central issue in Season 2. I’ll leave it at that.

Very interested to see if they can reach the heights that season 1 hit.

Dexter
January 16th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Runkle giving the babysitter the tissue he used to wipe himself was awesome.

chaingunsofdoom
January 16th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Alcatraz was awesome. Ep 2 was Bad Robot goodness.

jerseydevil
January 17th, 2012, 11:59 PM
CBS Greenlights New Contemporary Sherlock Holmes Series ELEMENTARY (http://collider.com/elementary-cbs-sherlock-holmes/138650/)

Why???

The contemporary series Sherlock, which takes the iconic detective and brings him into modern day Britain just garnered a third season, but now CBS is going to try and bring the classic literary character to the United States with a new series called Elementary. THR reports the network has just given the greenlight to the series from writer Robert Doherty who will also executive produce with Sarah Timberman (Unforgettable) and Carl Beverly. There aren’t any details on the series except that in will see Sherlock living in New York City. That could very well mean this won’t be a British detective anymore. Honestly, I can’t say I’m all that thrilled with the prospect since the BBC has delivered such a stellar contemporary series already, but we’ll see what happens.