PDA

View Full Version : Lakers 2011-2012 Thread

VEGASKING
December 5th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Huge rumor to start this sucker off. Yes please.

Sources -- Los Angeles Lakers want both Dwight Howard and Chris Paul - ESPN Los Angeles (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7321631/sources-los-angeles-lakers-want-dwight-howard-chris-paul)

TooCool
December 6th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Bring them in!!!!! :)

I wonder if we can get rid of Bynum before the season starts so he can start his 5 game suspension with another team.

VEGASKING
December 8th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Hopefully he works out. Team shot 35% from three last year.

Jason Kapono to ink 1-year deal with Los Angeles Lakers, source says - ESPN Los Angeles (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7328402/jason-kapono-ink-1-year-deal-los-angeles-lakers-source-says)

VEGASKING
December 8th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Sources: Talks on three-way trade sending Chris Paul of New Orleans Hornets to Los Angeles Lakers, Pau Gasol to Houston Rockets - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7332598/talks-three-way-trade-sending-chris-paul-new-orleans-hornets-los-angeles-lakers-pau-gasol-houston-rockets)

Deuce
December 8th, 2011, 04:04 PM
@WojYahooNBA: The Hornets have started to inform teams that they're sending Chris Paul to the Lakers for Bynum and Odom, league sources tell Y! Sports.

SWBKings
December 8th, 2011, 05:13 PM
YAAAAA CHRIS PAUL!!! :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: yaaaaaaa

SmytheKing
December 8th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Too much to give up for him. Love the guy, but super thin down low now. Don't say Howard either. Unless Orlando is willing to be stupid and give up a healthy superstar in Dwight Howard for an injury prone center who isn't much younger and isn't as talented, it's not happening.

sarf
December 8th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Howard isn't resigning with the Magic though, and it sounds like Dwight is calling the shots here. He's made it no secret he wants to be a Laker, but the Lakers will still have to put a decent package together....

Also looks like Okafor is coming along with CP3, not 100% certain yet.

ucsdguy1
December 8th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Dwight needs to do the stand-up thing. Tell Orlando he isn't re-signing, wants a trade to the Lakers immediately, and will only sign an extension with LA.

SmytheKing
December 8th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Howard isn't resigning with the Magic though, and it sounds like Dwight is calling the shots here. He's made it no secret he wants to be a Laker, but the Lakers will still have to put a decent package together....

Also looks like Okafor is coming along with CP3, not 100% certain yet.I'm just saying that I can't believe they won't get better offers from other teams. If I'm Otis Smith and Howard says he only wants to be a Laker, well, not my problem. My problem is the Magic. I call up the Nets and see what they're offering. If the reports of a Lopez and some picks offer is there, I take that and laugh at the Lakers. Unless Howard wants to sign for the MLE, he isn't coming here without it being a trade. Seriously, who else will the Lakers be able to give up to get him? I'd LOVE to have him (in fact, more than Paul), but I just don't see it being plausible.

SmytheKing
December 8th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Lakers just got bettman'd.

VEGASKING
December 8th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Odom and Gasol foy a guy with one year on his contract doesn't sound that bad to me. Yet the trade to get Gasol which was just brutal for Memphis didn't get vetoed?

SmytheKing
December 8th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Odom and Gasol foy a guy with one year on his contract doesn't sound that bad to me. Yet the trade to get Gasol which was just brutal for Memphis didn't get vetoed? Yeah. I don't get it. The trade sounds fair for the most part. I can almost guarantee that the celtics and knicks had something to do with this.

Brandon
December 8th, 2011, 08:25 PM
So James, Wade, and Bosh can sign together at no loss for Miami, yet the Lakers can't trade two stud PF's for a great PG?

The NBA: Where dictatorship happens.

New Orleans GM was pleased with the package he was getting back, this should be case closed.

ucsdguy1
December 9th, 2011, 09:48 AM
This is awesome. Such was Odom crying on espn radio last night. the best part was his "maybe the kardashian stuff rubbed people the wrong way, I don't know". He sounded almost suicidal. (Never mind that he's still getting paid millions of dollars). It was almost as bad as ashton kutcher's nonsensical "what is truth" video.

Gilbert's e-mail is great. Pretty much 98% of basketball pundits writing "the deal was actually made pretty good basketball sense for new orleans" is great. I was waiting for thousands of Laker fans to show up outside staples center and riot, "in the name of david stern".

espn reporting today that Howard will ask for a trade to NJ. Sounds like the Lakers won't get Paul or Howard. How about them apples?

Maybe this will light a fire under the asses of Odom and Gasol, and they can all win the title with a nice big F You to Stern.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/915689/CP-got-Stern_d_medium.gif

VEGASKING
December 9th, 2011, 03:46 PM
General nba news but it looks like Brandon Roy is going to retire. Portland seems to be cursed.

Brandon
December 10th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Pretty much a display of what happened:

http://k.wigflip.com/QxgbIuPX/roflbot.jpg

VEGASKING
December 11th, 2011, 03:10 AM
The Lakers have pulled out of the Paul talks and have sent Odom to Dallas for basically nothing. 2012 first round pick, which will be very low, and possible additional draft considerations.

The Magic want Bynum and Gasol for Howard. Can't lose all 3 of them and only get Howard in return. The teams strength would become their weakness.

Brandon
December 11th, 2011, 11:56 AM
The Lakers have pulled out of the Paul talks and have sent Odom to Dallas for basically nothing. 2012 first round pick, which will be very low, and possible additional draft considerations.

The Magic want Bynum and Gasol for Howard. Can't lose all 3 of them and only get Howard in return. The teams strength would become their weakness.

Also coming in the Odom deal is a 9 million trade exception, which is valuable. I'm sure that will be part of the Howard deal.

Shouldn't have even come to this. A deal was done for Paul and it took the NBA circumventing their own rules to shut it down. Absolutely bizarre.

JackBarlow
December 14th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Cp3 a clipper!

Luc SkyBomba
December 15th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Cp3 a clipper!

**** yeah!

TooCool
March 5th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Suck it Miami.

That is all.

rubyruubes
March 15th, 2012, 12:25 AM
we're close to picking up Beasley at the trade deadline.

Brandon
March 15th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Walton and Fish out.

Sessions and Hill in.

Fish was obviously done, but the guy was a great Laker and meant a lot to the city. I'm going to miss him big time.

TooCool
March 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Walton and Fish out.

Sessions and Hill in.

Fish was obviously done, but the guy was a great Laker and meant a lot to the city. I'm going to miss him big time.

Wow, was Luke Walton the worst contract signing ever? I'm glad we got Sessions for him.

But I don't understand the need for Jordan Hill. WTF? D-Fish's veteran presence and leadership is way more valuable than that.

Brandon
March 15th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Wow, was Luke Walton the worst contract signing ever? I'm glad we got Sessions for him.

But I don't understand the need for Jordan Hill. WTF? D-Fish's veteran presence and leadership is way more valuable than that.

I think it was purely cost cutting. Fisher's contract wasn't favorable to the Lakers and Jordan Hill has a team option on his contract next year. Lakers can just opt out and save some serious $.

rubyruubes
March 15th, 2012, 11:46 PM
how the hell did Mitch pull this one off? sheesh..amazing.

VEGASKING
March 16th, 2012, 05:55 PM
We'll see how they manage to try to keep salaries down and try to win at the same time. The luxury tax is a real killer now.

TooCool
May 1st, 2012, 12:23 PM
If Bynum continues to be a beast defensively, I think we have a damn good chance at another title. OKC is dangerous as hell though since Westbrook seems to get away with a million offensive fouls a game while driving to the hoop.

Also love that Gasol has developed a 3 point shot now. I mean, I don't want him shooting that, but I'm also not scared if he does. Way to go Pau!

Dexter
May 9th, 2012, 12:57 PM
That Blake is as bad as Rob.

TooCool
May 22nd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Damn Lake Show...

I wonder what our outcome would have been had the CP3 trade gone through.

Luc SkyBomba
May 22nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Damn Lake Show...

I wonder what our outcome would have been had the CP3 trade gone through.

still mad bout that? haha

TooCool
May 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
still mad bout that? haha

Nah, more mad at the lack of mental toughness from Bynum and Gasol. Just wondering how it would all have played out if things were different. :)

Luc SkyBomba
May 22nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
kobe looked pretty pissed at gasol last night...

Brandon
July 4th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Yeaaaaah buddy!

Nash is a Laker!

Dwight likely to follow now. :o

Drunken Crunker
July 4th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Wow.

Guess I have just become a Lakers fan. :shocked:

Dexter
July 4th, 2012, 08:20 PM
https://twitter.com/ShinobiAFC/status/220703137537851392/photo/1/large

cheap
July 4th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Awesome move to get Nash!

Cross Traffic
July 5th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Sounds like the type of trade the Kings used to make...2 first rounders and 2 second rounders? FAIL.

Brandon
July 5th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Sounds like the type of trade the Kings used to make...2 first rounders and 2 second rounders? FAIL.

Picks in the Nba draft are virtually garbage past #10. Those pics they gave up will be in the high 20's and above. It's like the equivalent of giving a bag of basketballs for Nash.

LetTigerIn
July 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I'm looking forward to see what else happens. Do these Lakers still need to add some depth?

And the Laker I'd most like to see step up his game next season is Mike Brown. I truly hope that happens.

TooCool
July 6th, 2012, 02:04 AM

Picks in the Nba draft are virtually garbage past #10. Those pics they gave up will be in the high 20's and above. It's like the equivalent of giving a bag of basketballs for Nash.

Exactly Brandon. That's why I LOVE this trade.

VEGASKING
July 19th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Antawn Jamison is a nice cheap pick up. Finally someone off the bench that can score.

VEGASKING
August 9th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Sources -- Dwight Howard-to-Los Angeles Lakers four-team deal 'very close' - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8252042/sources-dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-four-team-deal-very-close)

Don't really like giving up Pau and Drew to get Howard. Trying to save a few bucks I guess.

Ice24
August 9th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Done deal, Pau is staying

VEGASKING
August 9th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Yep. Deal has changed and is done.

Sources -- Dwight Howard-to-Los Angeles Lakers four-team deal complete - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8252042/sources-dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-four-team-deal-complete)

Brandon
August 9th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Howard donated to LA.

Nash
KB
Ron
Pau
DH

!!!!!!

C-DUB
August 9th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Ths team is going to be a beast to deal with good lord!!!!

TooCool
August 10th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Absolutely insane trade. I'm really surprised that Orlando didn't at least get Bynum out of this. They're so stupid.

Luc SkyBomba
August 10th, 2012, 09:27 AM
veto veto veto!!!

(****, this is real isn't it)

Brandon
August 10th, 2012, 01:13 PM
veto veto veto!!!

(****, this is real isn't it)

As real as a heart attack my friend. Muahahahahaha!

TooCool
August 10th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Stern already blocked it once, I don't think he would risk death by doing it again.

Welcome to the Lakers Dwight. You're going to love it here.

Brandon
August 10th, 2012, 11:21 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/r89dv5.jpg

KingsRoyalty
August 13th, 2012, 11:40 PM
The only things that can fk up this team are a not-so-good bench and drama

Brandon
August 28th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Kareem getting a statue in front of Staples. I know he was sour on the whole issue. All that bitching kinda sours it.

Unquestionably deserving though, so great for Cap.