PDA

View Full Version : WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

ucsdguy1
November 29th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Sasha/Charlotte (2nd) match last night was pretty good. I swear it looked like Sasha fell wrong and banged the back of her head on the ground a couple times.

I really love Charlotte. That moonsault was crazy and would've years ago earned a major EC DUB chant.

Thought Charlotte tapped out a little too quickly, would've liked to see her struggle a little to show the agony. But figured it was going to happen.

ucsdguy1
November 29th, 2016, 06:35 PM
speaking of EC DUB, I watched the "authorized history of ECW" that just released, which is basically a 40 minute sit down interview with Heyman, Dudley Boys, Tazz and Dreamer.

Nothing groundbreaking but is so fun to hear these guys tell stories of what like was like in the heyday. Would've liked some more old highlight footage, but it was more of a story behind the story type show. Seems like these stories with a bit more detail would make a heck of a book.

still a thumbs up as I love that era and still consider Heyman one of the best.

However, spoiler alert..............................ending it with a reference to Brock Lesnar is lame (as Bubba Ray pointed out)

CIrvine
December 7th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Is Enzo still in the hallway?

TooCool
December 7th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Is Enzo still in the hallway?

He probably likes the carpet there because it's SAWFT.

ucsdguy1
December 7th, 2016, 09:21 PM
spoiler alert

well that didn't take nakamura long! (editor's note: I found out about this saturday night but was fun to watch anyway).

Back to our sound discussion - it seems the crowd from japan seemed pretty dead on tv, but I have to imagine it was better live..

TooCool
December 8th, 2016, 03:29 AM
spoiler alert

well that didn't take nakamura long! (editor's note: I found out about this saturday night but was fun to watch anyway).

Back to our sound discussion - it seems the crowd from japan seemed pretty dead on tv, but I have to imagine it was better live..

Actually the weird thing about the Japanese crowd is that when they are quiet it means they're showing respect to the wrestlers performing. They applaud both wrestlers after the match (win or lose) for their hard work.

But yeah, it looks like Samoa Joe is finally making his debut on the main roster. Especially since they are already doing a #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) contenders tournament and Samoa Joe isn't there. I really hope he goes to Smackdown because they need him.

ucsdguy1
December 13th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Quick Raw thoughts from last night:

1. Bayley's matches seem to go in slow motion now. They still haven't quite figured out what to do with her yet...having someone mistake her teddy bear for a "stay away from my man" moment perhaps was a start, but I'm still not quite seeing it.

2. Potential for Sammy Zayn with Foley pushing him to his anger....Eva Marie???? I bet he finds a way to last 10 minutes with Strowman

3. I almost am sad to see the Jericho/Owens friendship end, it was very comical. Unless we're being swerved again. But Jericho has been so top notch with his list and scarf, I think he'll make any future storyline work.

TooCool
December 14th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Quick Raw thoughts from last night:

1. Bayley's matches seem to go in slow motion now. They still haven't quite figured out what to do with her yet...having someone mistake her teddy bear for a "stay away from my man" moment perhaps was a start, but I'm still not quite seeing it.

2. Potential for Sammy Zayn with Foley pushing him to his anger....Eva Marie???? I bet he finds a way to last 10 minutes with Strowman

3. I almost am sad to see the Jericho/Owens friendship end, it was very comical. Unless we're being swerved again. But Jericho has been so top notch with his list and scarf, I think he'll make any future storyline work.

1) They really dropped the ball with Bayley. Like with Cesaro and Sami Zayn, she would have benefited greatly on Smackdown. The company knows she's a top babyface but they just don't know what to do with it. The never ending feud because Sasha Banks and Charlotte is hurting Bayley more than anything. There's just no one else for her to feud with other than Dana Brooke and Alicia Fox. Paige and Summer Rae are both injured. Nia Jax is in the dog house after she tweeted (maybe 2 months ago?) that there's too much focus on Sasha and Charlotte.

But on the Bayley note, it makes her look stupid that she doesn't want revenge on Charlotte after Charlotte beat her up for winning the Survivor Series match. It's like, "Hey, it's okay to attack me and I won't seek any type of revenge." Obviously it's not her fault, it's the writers.

That's why I like Smackdown so much more. Even the women who aren't in the title picture have storylines like Nikki/Carmella and now Natalya/Nikki and then the feud with Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss. The only women not being properly used on Smackdown is Naomi.

2) I'm not sure if he'll last 10 minutes. I think Sami Zayn will come close like... within 9 minutes. Vince really loves big guys like Braun so I can see him "toying" with Zayn for the first 5 minutes of the match. Then when it looks like Sami Zayn has a chance to win, Braun will crush him.

3) Their best friend angle is great. Jericho has always been great at making other wrestlers look good and this is no different. :lol: I'm not convinced that their friendship is over because they've been teasing it for weeks now. Unless they really want to make Roman a double champion, I think Jericho will help Owens retain once again at Roadblock.

Speaking of Roman, I know I don't like the guy mainly because he's shoved down our throats and that WWE refuses to care why people hate that. Hell, they're still booking him in babyface situations when no one cares. But what really bugs me is that he holds the US Title like it's trash. He hangs it over his shoulder, with the title facing the back as if he doesn't want any part of it, but only has the title because Vince loves him. Plus he never defends it either so that doesn't really help add to the prestige of the belt.

On the Smackdown side, I really love Randy Orton being with the Wyatt Family. It's fresh since Orton gets stale pretty quickly, especially if he's a good guy. So having him as a heel is great.

A huge bummer that Zack Ryder injured his knee last night after he won the battle royal to give the Hype Bros the #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) contender shot for the Tag Titles. Hope the injury isn't long term.

ucsdguy1
December 15th, 2016, 10:33 AM
But on the Bayley note, it makes her look stupid that she doesn't want revenge on Charlotte after Charlotte beat her up for winning the Survivor Series match. It's like, "Hey, it's okay to attack me and I won't seek any type of revenge." Obviously it's not her fault, it's the writers.

This.

did they just completely forget about that happening with charlotte? It's like they neglected to ever mention it again.

I never cared much for Randy Orton, and still don't. But the Wyatt story is okay. I thought it was going to build into a feud with Luke Harper who wouldn't "trust" him, but I guess not at this time..

Dexter
December 21st, 2016, 04:21 PM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15578693_1003966116375374_8296971502353342760_n.jp g?oh=76f96099aee508a6e3e0f82653dba840&oe=58F821E4

Dexter
December 22nd, 2016, 02:27 PM
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-chyna-autopsy-drugs-alcohol-20161222-story.html

So sad. Alcohol mixed with pain pills. Not really surprising but I kind of expected worse.

ucsdguy1
December 23rd, 2016, 10:22 AM
Anyone catch NXT this week?

That 4 way #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) contenders match between Roode, Dillinger, Strong, and Cien was pretty entertaining. I felt like they were beefing up Dillinger with his "last shot" to take the win.

Roode vs. Nakamura should be a nice contrast of styles. Who wins? They both seem like they can be the new "face that runs the place" for the time being.

ucsdguy1
January 6th, 2017, 12:08 PM
I see New Japan on one of my cable channels now and then. I don't really watch, but perhaps I should...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFd8FlAQNvU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js0xF-bM4IM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ALMTGZORQY

LetTigerIn
January 6th, 2017, 12:39 PM
I see New Japan on one of my cable channels now and then. I don't really watch, but perhaps I should...

Bullet Club!

Didn't realize NJPW was on over here. They seem to have some kind of agreement with ROH, so you can also see some of the wrestlers in ROH sometimes. I miss my old Japanese video stores and tape traders. Then again, I don't have time to keep up as it is.

ucsdguy1
January 6th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Bullet Club!

Didn't realize NJPW was on over here. They seem to have some kind of agreement with ROH, so you can also see some of the wrestlers in ROH sometimes. I miss my old Japanese video stores and tape traders. Then again, I don't have time to keep up as it is.
I think it's on AXS TV which I get through Directv. I see it on at night on weekends I think when I'm channel surfing.

LetTigerIn
January 6th, 2017, 03:56 PM
NJPW on today at 4 and 5!

LetTigerIn
January 13th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Anyone who might be interested in checking out New Japan on AXS, the show that is on today at 5PM and replaying at 9PM will be a good one to watch. Omega vs Okada.

CIrvine
January 13th, 2017, 05:42 PM
For some reason Okada gets on my nerves. Love Naito. Los Ingonables de Japon!

TooCool
January 16th, 2017, 12:17 AM
RIP to Superfly Jimmy Snuka.

Onto WWE related notes... did anyone watch the United Kingdom Tournament? The winner of that is the new WWE UK Champion, which is apparently not the revival of the European Championship. I'll admit though that I had no interest in this tournament going in. It's mainly because I had no idea who any of the wrestlers were. But of course, as a wrestling fan, I watched it anyway. Granted, not live at noon pacific on Saturday and Sunday but I watched it from beginning to end nonetheless.

The 8 matches in the 1st round were kind of a dud. I guess I was expecting more but it was average as far as wrestling quality goes. What WWE did good though was establish a guy named Pete Dunne as a heel with a dirty cheap shot after his match and also against his 2nd round opponent. But the second show was great. The early 2017 match of the year candidate easily goes to Mark Andrews vs Pete Dunne. That match was just pure fun and back and forth the whole way.

Then the final match for the UK Title? Tyler Bate vs Pete Dunne, that was great storytelling and it was a superb match as well.

I have no idea what they're going to do with the UK Title. Are they having their own weekly show that's only based in the UK? Or will the UK Champion appear on RAW/Smackdown?

Dexter
January 16th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaay Kurt Angle to the HOF 2017!

TooCool
January 17th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaay Kurt Angle to the HOF 2017!

It was awesome news indeed. Kurt is one of my favorite wrestlers to watch growing up. He was the man.

ucsdguy1
January 17th, 2017, 09:12 AM
RIP to Superfly Jimmy Snuka.

Onto WWE related notes... did anyone watch the United Kingdom Tournament? The winner of that is the new WWE UK Champion, which is apparently not the revival of the European Championship. I'll admit though that I had no interest in this tournament going in. It's mainly because I had no idea who any of the wrestlers were. But of course, as a wrestling fan, I watched it anyway. Granted, not live at noon pacific on Saturday and Sunday but I watched it from beginning to end nonetheless.

The 8 matches in the 1st round were kind of a dud. I guess I was expecting more but it was average as far as wrestling quality goes. What WWE did good though was establish a guy named Pete Dunne as a heel with a dirty cheap shot after his match and also against his 2nd round opponent. But the second show was great. The early 2017 match of the year candidate easily goes to Mark Andrews vs Pete Dunne. That match was just pure fun and back and forth the whole way.

Then the final match for the UK Title? Tyler Bate vs Pete Dunne, that was great storytelling and it was a superb match as well.

I have no idea what they're going to do with the UK Title. Are they having their own weekly show that's only based in the UK? Or will the UK Champion appear on RAW/Smackdown?
I didn't watch, but a good read:

http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/18319884/wwe-paul-triple-h-levesque-future-wwe-uk-making-path-wwe-clearer

LetTigerIn
January 19th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Finally, they've kicked off the Dolph Ziggler vs Jerry Lawler feud we've all be waiting for.

Also, they are really wasting cage matches and other gimmick matches. There's no meaning to them, so they make no sense.

ucsdguy1
January 20th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Also, they are really wasting cage matches and other gimmick matches. There's no meaning to them, so they make no sense.
I am agreeing with this more and more. The matches aren't terrible, but taking away from the once in a long while spectacle.

ucsdguy1
January 21st, 2017, 04:07 PM
Just watched nxt from this week. I loved the crowd chanting "royal rumble number 10" at Dillinger. I don't know why but I love that guy. My kids and I run around our house yelling "10! 10!" at each other. (Editor's note: Glorious is also their favorite song)

I hope he doesn't get mauled again by Sanity. By the way, I think those guys (and gal) have some potential at the top level too

LetTigerIn
January 21st, 2017, 11:42 PM
Just watched nxt from this week. I loved the crowd chanting "royal rumble number 10" at Dillinger. I don't know why but I love that guy. My kids and I run around our house yelling "10! 10!" at each other. (Editor's note: Glorious is also their favorite song)

I hope he doesn't get mauled again by Sanity. By the way, I think those guys (and gal) have some potential at the top level too

I don't know if every place has been doing this, or if this pre-dates Dillinger, but I noticed the crowd in Toronto, in particular, chants "10" for every count of the out-of-ring 10-count.

ucsdguy1
January 22nd, 2017, 09:24 PM
I don't know if every place has been doing this, or if this pre-dates Dillinger, but I noticed the crowd in Toronto, in particular, chants "10" for every count of the out-of-ring 10-count.

Pretty much everywhere. I noticed it with Dillinger. At the palladium event a few months ago the whole place did this not only for his match but every other match on the card. It was great

TooCool
January 23rd, 2017, 10:40 AM
I think the "10" chant is the new "What" chant. I just hope Vince doesn't get annoyed by that and refuse to promote Tye Dillinger because of that. He's working the Takeover match with Eric Young on Saturday... and honestly, if he doesn't debut at #10 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10) , I think everyone will be really disappointed.

As for the Steel Cage match being wasted, I agree and disagree. I think in a way, Steel Cage matches are kinda dull now. Especially with all these gimmick matches and PPVs with Hell in a Cell, Elimination Chamber, Ladder, Tables, Chairs matches, you get the idea. In a way, I can't help but put the Steel Cage in the "just above basic" match type. That's why I don't feel like it's being wasted. They still made a big enough deal about it by showing it a few times during Smackdown. Plus, it was the main event so that helped give it a big fight feel.

ucsdguy1
January 23rd, 2017, 05:41 PM
so...outside of raw and smackdown this week - royal rumble predictions?

I could go Goldberg, but somehow I see lesnar eliminating him setting up a rematch.

Perhaps Undertaker, Cena beats AJ, and we get to see Undertaker vs. Cena at WrestleMania? I am drawing a blank though, which champion does the winner of the rumble get to face? Is it Owens, or smackdown champion, or one or either or how long can I make a run on sentence go on..

LetTigerIn
January 23rd, 2017, 06:32 PM
They should really not have a steel cage match or even Hell in a Cell unless they are going to do it right and make the structure actually dangerous. It should be so dangerous as to be a last resort.

Also, a cage match should not have a referee inside the cage. No pinfalls. No submissions. Escape the cage only. And trying to escape should be brutal.

Hell in a Cell should be the opposite, but equally brutal. No escaping the cell. That's the point of it. Make the match inside the cell brutal. It can be done. Make these things important. Do not throw them away.

TooCool
January 24th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Also, a cage match should not have a referee inside the cage. No pinfalls. No submissions. Escape the cage only. And trying to escape should be brutal.

Hell in a Cell should be the opposite, but equally brutal. No escaping the cell. That's the point of it. Make the match inside the cell brutal. It can be done. Make these things important. Do not throw them away.

I agree with you on the cage part. I personally feel that it should be escape only. Having pinfalls/submissions is pretty stupid. Cage matches are sometimes no fun when they just slam each other on the cage like 4 times and then win by pinfall. I also can't recall (if it ever happened) that someone escaped through the door cleanly without outside interference.

It's funny how you mention what Hell in a Cell should be. These days, if they don't get out of the HIAC, it's considered disappointing. Everyone wants that big bump off the top of the cell. But what really hurts the Hell in a Cell matches is the PG era. It feels weak when a match finishes inside the cell and no one is even bleeding.

so...outside of raw and smackdown this week - royal rumble predictions?

I could go Goldberg, but somehow I see lesnar eliminating him setting up a rematch.

Perhaps Undertaker, Cena beats AJ, and we get to see Undertaker vs. Cena at WrestleMania? I am drawing a blank though, which champion does the winner of the rumble get to face? Is it Owens, or smackdown champion, or one or either or how long can I make a run on sentence go on..

Personally, I hope Goldberg and Brock don't win the match. We all know they'll wrestle at Wrestlemania. So unless they want to give one of them the Championship title, neither of them have any business winning the match. Let someone else shine for once because the last 3 Rumbles have been 100% predictable. They had Roman, Batista, and even HHH win it when no one wanted them to, yet everyone saw it coming before the match even started. That's not how the Rumble should be booked. It should be surprising and fun.

As for the championship match at WM, they haven't been clear on it. During the last brand split, the winner can choose which title he wants to challenge for. So for example if Big E won the Rumble and wants a WWE Title match.. then if he wins, he goes to Smackdown automatically as well. But they also announced that there would be 15 RAW and 15 Smackdown superstars in the match too. This year, they have not made any mention of it. And last I checked, I think RAW has more superstars in the Rumble Match right now.

So basically I see Goldberg/Brock canceling each other out. Strowman might eliminate Undertaker (since he was shown in the back watching Taker's promo on RAW a few weeks ago right?). Baron Corbin won't win but hopefully he gets to look good and eliminate at least 5 guys. I see The New Day tease a breakup when they eliminate each other on accident. The same will apply to the Wyatt Family when Orton dumps Bray and Luke out.

The fanboy in me wouldn't mind if Undertaker won the match. But I think guys like Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, or even Braun Strowman should win. That's how you make them a star.

However, my pick to win the Rumble match is Samoa Joe. He done with NXT (only worked house shows and dark matches since the Japan/Australia tour), so it's only a matter of time he appears.

LetTigerIn
January 24th, 2017, 11:10 AM
One of the best cage matches I ever saw was between Paul Orndorff and Roddy Piper here in Los Angeles, at the Sports Arena, I think. At one point, as Piper was trying to climb over the top, Orndorff dragged him back into the cage by the back of his trunks , which came halfway down. Piper wrestled half the match with his butt hanging out, which was hilarious; but it also made sense, because Piper was way more focused on winning the match than the condition of his attire.

I've seen wrestlers win clean via the door, too. Sometimes it's a scramble for the door; sometimes one wrestler tries to climb while the other tries the door, and it's a race; and occasionally it just happens when the other wrestler is incapacitated for long enough.

I agree about the "PG" era and its effect on these kinds of matches. Just the nature of them sort of demands blood be spilled. And I think that should be the way it is. If they don't want to they should put them on the shelf and/or only bring them out very rarely.

I think you are on the money about Brock and Goldberg. Hopefully they end up cancelling each other out and further fueling their feud for Mania.

A Samoa Joe win would be unexpected and amazing. It's unlikely, but I love the thought. Great idea!

ucsdguy1
January 24th, 2017, 12:36 PM
However, my pick to win the Rumble match is Samoa Joe. He done with NXT (only worked house shows and dark matches since the Japan/Australia tour), so it's only a matter of time he appears.
While I'd love this, I don't think he gets a win that quickly. It seems like with the NXT guys they need some time for the casual wwe fan to get to know them. But you could go the steve Austin route and say a rumble win introduces you very quickly. I could see him entering the rumble but not winning, then getting a push like they did with AJ Styles.

I thought maybe, just maybe we'd get finn balor back to win it, but it doesn't sound like he'll be ready to go until wrestlemania.

Big Show might be the one to eliminate Strowman now. (I loved his patriotic gear last night).

How about HHH as a surprise entrant towards the end, but Rollins runs in and eliminates him?

For my safer pick I'll say Cena. For my heart-felt pick I'll go with Sami Zayn (no chance). For my "guy who I like more lately" pick, I'm going to say Rusev because his mic skills have been hot as hell lately! Come on the line to Big E last night: "Saying you're big is like saying I'm handsome, everyone already knows it"

ucsdguy1
January 29th, 2017, 08:54 PM
And there's the collective "meh"!!

TooCool
January 30th, 2017, 11:18 AM
So I didn't get home until after 5:15 because of the All-Star game so I watched it from the beginning on delay. My thoughts... Yeesh, the Roman love from Vince had already been out of hand but tonight they crossed the line.

Roman almost single-handedly ruined the Rumble for me. STOP SHOVING HIM DOWN OUR THROATS!!!!!! I guess it was my fault for hoping Samoa Joe would finally make his debut. And this whole "luck of the draw" does get annoying. I get it. WWE wants "moments". But you mean to tell me that if Brock, Taker, and Goldberg all legitimately drew their numbers, they would come out at #26 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=26) , #28 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=28) , and #29 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=29) respectively? I guess part timers must have that part in their clause where they don't have to work a longer Rumble match. And back to Roman. So he loses the Universal Title match and gets a spot? What about AJ Styles then? And how did Roman happen to get #30 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=30) anyway? That's some bull**** I tell ya. And that's why I hate Roman Reigns and their constant need to shove him down our throats. He's a good in-ring performer but they need to dial it down like 3 notches. We didn't like it the 1st, 2nd, and 100th time. What makes Vince think we'll like him on the 101st try?

But ranting aside, the WWE Title match between AJ and Cena was just freaking great. That's definitely the match of the year so far as far as RAW/Smackdown goes.

The Universal Title match was fun as well. All the spots were entertaining enough, so that works for me.

The Cruiserweight Title match was alright. I don't quite understand why they use so much rest holds. It defeats the purpose of the division. Let them run wild and the CW division will be fun. Otherwise, I don't care much for it. Glad Neville won the title though. Well deserved.

Didn't care much for the RAW's Women's Title match because no one expected Bayley to win here. With 0% chance of surprises, I was honestly just kind of hoping the match would end sooner. The finish also felt kind of flat because Bayley didn't have any near falls and Charlotte won pretty easily.

Overall, it was an enjoyable Rumble. Even with Tye Dillinger predictably showing up at 10. It kind of goes to show that WWE *DOES* listen.. only when they want to. Funny how Braun became the biggest heel when he threw Tye out though. So yeah.. it was fun until Roman came out at #30 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=30) . Then it was crap. Thanks Vince!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAeTDx7DnyE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wGytp4IeeI

That explains how Braun, Mark Henry, and Big Show all got to the ring so fast. They did show some superstars run to the ring, just not the big dudes.

ucsdguy1
January 30th, 2017, 12:01 PM
You know the thing about Roman (1) If Strowman is going to interfere in his match, wouldn’t you want Roman to maybe go after Braun if he’s going to be in the rumble? (2) If you’re setting up a match with him and the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, there’s not a better way to go about it? You could hear the collective groan as soon as his entrance music plays. And #30? (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=30%3F) Come on. Now I’m sure the WWE bigwigs will say “see? See? We didn’t let him win the Rumble, we aren’t so bad”.

Oh and count me under the "meh" on Orton winning.

I liked Dillinger debuting at #10 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10) , and the crowd was insanely hot for him. I just wish he could’ve done more than just be another puppet for Strowman. I guess Styles didn’t do incredibly much when he first debuted at the rumble and therafter got a push. So we’ll see. Or was this a one-time deal and he’s going back to NXT?

Cena/Styles match was fantastic. Great spots all around. Owens/Reigns was fun enough. I liked the statue of chairs, and appreciated Owens’ use of the stunner. As much as no one in the world expected Bayley to win, I felt like there could’ve been more the match. There also were some missed (or delayed) spots that made the match feel choppy and out of sync. So Charlotte will hold the title and have her streak end at Wrestlemania? Who gets to be the one to do it. I have no confidence at all it will be Bayley.

Anyone catch the NXT ppv? Not my favorite among the last few I’ve seen, but entertaining enough. Nakamura injury – not sure what to make of it. You knew Roode would get the title at some point. And this sets up an obvious rematch. I did enjoy the match though, nice contrast in styles. When they showed Samoa Joe at ringside I thought he’s going to get involved in the final. When he didn’t, I thought for sure he’d be at the Rumble. I wish DIY could’ve held the titles longer but they have been setting up the authors of pain for awhile. And Sanity has just about taken the authors to school in the charisma department. Speaking of Sanity, what a nice bump Nikki Cross took above the announcers huh?

So Seth Rollins is now delegated to NXT? ha.

TooCool
January 30th, 2017, 01:27 PM
You know the thing about Roman (1) If Strowman is going to interfere in his match, wouldn?t you want Roman to maybe go after Braun if he?s going to be in the rumble? (2) If you?re setting up a match with him and the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, there?s not a better way to go about it? You could hear the collective groan as soon as his entrance music plays. And #30? (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=30%3F) Come on. Now I?m sure the WWE bigwigs will say ?see? See? We didn?t let him win the Rumble, we aren?t so bad?.

Oh and count me under the "meh" on Orton winning.

Great point. It makes no sense that they couldn't just have Roman come out and eliminate Strowman from the Rumble. It's kind of like when Charlotte attacked Bayley after their Survivor Series win. For almost a whole month, Bayley never thought about getting revenge. Just really bad writing when you think about it.

Orton winning it is okay enough for me. As I previously said, I rather not have part timers like Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, or Goldberg winning it. That would be terrible. At the same time, WWE once again fails to allow a superstar that's not already main eventing win the match. Why not have Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, Baron Corbin, or The Miz win it? Heck, I thought it was pretty weak how Sami, Miz, and Corbin got eliminated by the "Legends". Kind of sucks to have them play fodder just because. Instead, they have Orton win it when he doesn't really need it.

It does set up the Elimination Chamber PPV nicely though. Bray Wyatt can finally win the WWE Title and Orton challenges him at Wrestlemania for it. Or they could do a storyline where Bray wants to force Orton to give up his main event spot because he's the leader. They can go either way with the Wyatt story and it'll be great.

I liked Dillinger debuting at #10 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10) , and the crowd was insanely hot for him. I just wish he could?ve done more than just be another puppet for Strowman. I guess Styles didn?t do incredibly much when he first debuted at the rumble and therafter got a push. So we?ll see. Or was this a one-time deal and he?s going back to NXT?

I'm pretty certain that he's officially called up. He has paid his dues in NXT since he had been down there for more than 3 years. Unfortunately, don't expect WWE to push him like they did with AJ Styles. His "10" gimmick is fun but it can only last so long. Plus, we don't know if Vince even likes him. Tye Dillinger might turn into a joke character like they did with Tyler Breeze, The Ascension, and even Apollo Crews.

Anyone catch the NXT ppv? Not my favorite among the last few I?ve seen, but entertaining enough. Nakamura injury ? not sure what to make of it. You knew Roode would get the title at some point. And this sets up an obvious rematch. I did enjoy the match though, nice contrast in styles. When they showed Samoa Joe at ringside I thought he?s going to get involved in the final. When he didn?t, I thought for sure he?d be at the Rumble. I wish DIY could?ve held the titles longer but they have been setting up the authors of pain for awhile. And Sanity has just about taken the authors to school in the charisma department. Speaking of Sanity, what a nice bump Nikki Cross took above the announcers huh?

It was a solid PPV. I agree, it wasn't the best Takeover and you can kind of tell because the card was lacking outside of Roode/Nakamura. With Hideo Itami, Austin Aries, Shane Thorne (TM61) injured, they lost two feuds that should have been on the PPV. Aries/Itami and The Revival/TM61.

The Women's Division is really lacking because Asuka's match was below average. I like the best friends angle they're doing with Billie Kay and Peyton Royce but I personally find Billie Kay kind of boring. Nikki Cross is booked pretty good as a deranged lunatic. And yes! Nikki's table bump was great. That looked pretty dangerous too. But other than those, they only have Ember Moon and Liv Morgan. I think Ember Moon finally gives Asuka her first lost at the Wrestlemania's Takeover. Then Asuka can finally get called up to the main roster.

The Tag Title match was average too. The Author's of Pain are still a little too generic and need more development. But I'll give them credit. Their match was the best AOP match I've seen so far. I was surprised DIY dropped it so fast.

Strong/Almas was average as well. It was a decent match but it was hard to care about either guy. Lots of stiff shots though, yikes! All I know about Roderick Strong is that he is talented as heck. More development for these two is needed.

Eric Young/Tye Dillinger was alright. It brings me back to what I was saying, I don't think they'll push Tye the same way the pushed AJ Styles. Tye Dillinger is a guy who paid his dues but he's also a guy who does nothing but lose PPV matches. I dig the Sanity group and their music.

And finally, Roode/Nakamura was interesting. I'm not sure what to make of Shinsuke losing. He sold the leg injury perfectly and Bobby Roode capitalized on it. They certainly won't have Shinsuke winning the NXT Title back a 3rd time. I think he's good for one more PPV match with Roode at the Wrestlemania Takeover. But then he'll lose and hopefully gets called up to RAW/Smackdown as well.

All these speculation is pretty fun isn't it? ;)

So Seth Rollins is now delegated to NXT? ha.

Oh yeah, Seth. It was great to use him at the Takeover PPV to further his feud with HHH. It's a good way to get the majority of WWE fans who don't care to watch NXT go, "Wait, he did what on NXT?" So that's pretty smart on their part.

CIrvine
January 30th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Look on the bright side. At least Roman wasn't #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) and eliminated the other 29 wrestlers himself. Oh wait. That's probably next years RR.

TooCool
January 30th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Look on the bright side. At least Roman wasn't #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) and eliminated the other 29 wrestlers himself. Oh wait. That's probably next years RR.

:lol: Especially since it's in Philly again... the same place he won the Rumble in 2015. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that happened. I'd love to see Philly fans burn the place down when he comes in at #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) and eliminates all 29 dudes.

Vince: Surely they'll finally give him a standing ovation and chant "This is awesome!" right?

ucsdguy1
January 30th, 2017, 03:36 PM
I'd love to see Philly fans burn the place down when he comes in at #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) and eliminates all 29 dudes.

I lol'd then thought, yeah that could happen

CIrvine
January 31st, 2017, 01:28 PM
So Kevin Owens was all banged up last night, but Roman was 100%?

ucsdguy1
January 31st, 2017, 05:11 PM
Uh, so shouldn't that reigns/strowman showdown have happened at the rumble? And did anyone not see that coming?

Joe! Joe! Joe! (But should've been a day earlier)

TooCool
February 2nd, 2017, 01:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFHIZ9gWc0I

:( Nigel is going to take over on NXT (he worked with Cole during the UK Tournament)

Going to miss Corey on NXT. He is great on commentary and has excellent chemistry with Tom Phillips. But it's understandable that he had been way too busy with NXT, RAW, 205 Live, PPVs. That's crazy.

ucsdguy1
February 6th, 2017, 12:20 PM
I was reading this weekend Seth Rollins got injured again during his scene with samoa joe last week. At first thought maybe a work, but seemed somewhat legit based on his tweets.

Also, NXT last week had the British guy who won the UK tournament (who's name I already can't remember). But I gotta say, his waving as he walks in and out is extremely catchy!

TooCool
February 6th, 2017, 01:28 PM
I was reading this weekend Seth Rollins got injured again during his scene with samoa joe last week. At first thought maybe a work, but seemed somewhat legit based on his tweets.

Also, NXT last week had the British guy who won the UK tournament (who's name I already can't remember). But I gotta say, his waving as he walks in and out is extremely catchy!

I thought it was a work also but when I went back to look at it, it did look like Seth went down kind of wrong inside the ring when Samoa Joe gave him the Coquina Clutch. Bummer.

I'm also not too happy that Samoa Joe is on RAW. Mainly because you know he would have to lose to Seth first so that Seth can get to HHH.

And Tyler Bate is great isn't he? He was awesome in the UK Tournament. His hand waving thing is hilarious! I'm glad he's on NXT and it looks like some UK Tourney guys are going to be on NXT as well. That's a good platform for people to start with so he can further develop his character.

Also, I read that Tye Dillinger is still in NXT :( He's continuing his story with Sanity during the NXT tapings. So I guess his Royal Rumble appearance was just a one time thing for now, since everyone wanted him to show up at #10. (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10.)

ucsdguy1
February 6th, 2017, 05:01 PM
And Tyler Bate is great isn't he? He was awesome in the UK Tournament. His hand waving thing is hilarious! I'm glad he's on NXT and it looks like some UK Tourney guys are going to be on NXT as well. That's a good platform for people to start with so he can further develop his character.

Also, I read that Tye Dillinger is still in NXT :( He's continuing his story with Sanity during the NXT tapings. So I guess his Royal Rumble appearance was just a one time thing for now, since everyone wanted him to show up at #10. (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10.)
Oh I'm totally teaching my kids how to do that wave.

Yeah they had a little vignette with Dillinger on NXT. He said all the right things, how the rumble was a dream come true...what he has to earn...etc, so I figured he was back there. But if the WWE crowds keep up the chanting, they can't ignore it!

TooCool
February 7th, 2017, 09:29 AM
So I couldn't help but notice that WWE has been doing this every time a team wins a championship.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/828635145573855232

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3_nRDSUoAAUWVp.jpg:large

HHH gave that football team the WWE Title. To the public eye, it look like the WWE is giving them a gift. But for them, they're really just advertising aren't they? Pretty smart.

ucsdguy1
February 14th, 2017, 07:56 PM
Good to see zayn get a clean win over rusev. Sad to see he'll next be fed to Samoa joes slaughter.

Stoked for Bayley. But man titles fly around like hot cakes nowadays..

I gots me tickets for Raw at staples center next week..

CIrvine
February 15th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Reigns basically manhandles Guns and Gallows. KO and Jericho over. I'm over with RAW for now.

Dexter
February 15th, 2017, 02:44 PM
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16711567_1429393973797259_4941922928247612225_n.jp g?oh=5735a9e465db0a412a76265ff021486c&oe=59324424

TooCool
February 15th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Good to see zayn get a clean win over rusev. Sad to see he'll next be fed to Samoa joes slaughter.

Stoked for Bayley. But man titles fly around like hot cakes nowadays..

I gots me tickets for Raw at staples center next week..

Reigns basically manhandles Guns and Gallows. KO and Jericho over. I'm over with RAW for now.

Reigns making the tag champs look bad is typical Reigns booking and it is why RAW is unwatchable for me. It's going to suck to see Strowman lose to Reigns at Fastlane.

Speaking of Fastlane, it will also suck to see Owens drop the Universal Title to a damn part timer in Goldberg. There is no reason at all to have the Lesnar/Goldberg match be a Universal Title match. But I guess on the casual fan side of things, it seems like a big deal to have these two major stars compete for the title. But for fans who watch it regularly... it's just stupid booking.

Bayley winning the Raw Women's Title is great for Bayley but you're right.. they're flying around like hotcakes. Charlotte is 16-0 in PPVs (which is similar to Ric Flair's 16 title reigns) but when she always loses on RAW, what's the point? WWE always talks about Wrestlemania moments. They should have saved Bayley's title win for Wrestlemania. Now it looks like she'll just lose it right back to Charlotte at Fastlane.

On the Smackdown side, the story is looking great there. Orton just refused a Wrestlemania match with Bray Wyatt since he's the champ. So Daniel Bryan made a #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) Contender's Battle Royal match. This is a great chance to have Luke Harper win it and then Orton will want his title match after all. Make that match a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Title and it'll be really fun to watch.

Dexter
February 21st, 2017, 09:03 AM
The Rock calling CM Punk after Raw is awesome.

ucsdguy1
February 21st, 2017, 11:41 AM
The Rock calling CM Punk after Raw is awesome.
It was pretty funny. He came out about 4:45 and got the crowd juiced up, but had to remind everyone they didn't need to chant "rocky, rocky" during the live show.

Whatever movie they were filming looked horrible.

TooCool
February 21st, 2017, 11:59 AM
It was pretty funny. He came out about 4:45 and got the crowd juiced up, but had to remind everyone they didn't need to chant "rocky, rocky" during the live show.

Whatever movie they were filming looked horrible.

I saw clips of that.. what was that about? So he's working on a movie with Paige for who knows what reason.. and they were filming a match between "Paige" and "AJ Lee"? So they couldn't just use actual footage of their match a few years ago? They had to film it again with actors? It sounds awful.

Dexter
February 21st, 2017, 12:57 PM
He's filming a movie about the crazy family of Paige's. There's a documentary on her family on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2HiVuxPHPQ

ucsdguy1
February 21st, 2017, 04:42 PM
yeah that about covers it. It was pretty funny as a director was feeding the rock lines who would then direct the crowd.

"we want a loud cheer on the count of 3"
"we want a lot of booing on the count of 3"

He was having a lot of fun milking the crowd though.

Then finally they just said we're bringing out the actresses and filming the final wrestling scene in full, so just act however you feel like acting. He left right as this started. I got really bored at this point so we just took off to beat the exit traffic.

And with Raw, for as boring as the Big Show/Strowman match might have been, the crowd was incredibly into it live. We all wanted to see a suplex off the top rope so bad...

ucsdguy1
March 7th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Undertaker/Reigns could be kind of fun. But if they let Roman run through the Taker...
3 Way Match at Mania with Reigns/UT/Strowman, with UT winning as Reigns and Strowman take each other out much?

I don't know man, but Jericho as a face just doesn't seem as fun as comedic heel Jericho who people love anyway. But he's still the best (at what I have no idea). I like Owens at least going after his other title, but wish KO could've stayed in the main title picture until at least Balor got back.
Zayn again just fodder to be destroyed to further someone else's stature???? #%*& (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=%25%2A%26)

I thought they might have Banks turning heel. Turns out her master plan all along was to help Bayley keep the title then take it from her. But man that Charlotte just keeps getting in the way. Do we not think the PPV streak will start up again? I can see Charlotte winning as Bayley or Banks cause each other to lose, starting a "former friends" feud between them.

And it was pretty funny hearing the CM Punk chants drown out quite a few segments last night.

TooCool
March 7th, 2017, 12:05 PM
I am absolutely appalled at how bad RAW is booking things. I'm reading the results and I'm just shaking my head at how bad that show is week in and week out. I watched Fastlane live and that show from top to bottom kinda sucked. They only gave Samoa Joe/Sami Zayn like 12-15 minutes instead of 25+? They spent almost 20 minutes on pointless matches like Cesaro vs Jinder Mahal and Rusev vs Big Show? And it's not only that but those two matches dragged like crazy. Just no story line and Rusev is getting buried for no reason.

The only good match was Neville vs Jack Gallagher. The rest was quite forgettable and average at best.

Undertaker/Reigns could be kind of fun. But if they let Roman run through the Taker...
3 Way Match at Mania with Reigns/UT/Strowman, with UT winning as Reigns and Strowman take each other out much?

I don't know man, but Jericho as a face just doesn't seem as fun as comedic heel Jericho who people love anyway. But he's still the best (at what I have no idea). I like Owens at least going after his other title, but wish KO could've stayed in the main title picture until at least Balor got back.
Zayn again just fodder to be destroyed to further someone else's stature???? #%*& (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=%25%2A%26)

I thought they might have Banks turning heel. Turns out her master plan all along was to help Bayley keep the title then take it from her. But man that Charlotte just keeps getting in the way. Do we not think the PPV streak will start up again? I can see Charlotte winning as Bayley or Banks cause each other to lose, starting a "former friends" feud between them.

And it was pretty funny hearing the CM Punk chants drown out quite a few segments last night.

Unfortunately, Taker is going to lose to Reigns. It's been 2 years now I think, with WWE shoving Roman down our throats and they won't stop. Undertaker already lost his streak to Brock, so he'll mostly likely lose to Roman just because Vince says so. I think they're going to do Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar for the Universal Title after Wrestlemania anyway. All those months of making Braun look like a monster only for him to lose CLEANLY to Roman at Fastlane was ridiculous. But if they're doing a Triple Threat Match, I can see that happening. It's a good way to not have Taker work as hard since he gets injured easily these days.

Jericho as a face is good. I saw a clip and I liked how he went from "Drink it in maaaaaaaaan!" to "Cheer me on maaaaaaaaaaan!" That guy has really reinvented himself and it's great. The only problem is that people really want to cheer for Kevin Owens (mainly because he's damn good in the ring and on the mic). So it's hard to make him a true bad guy. Fighting for the US Title is fine, since Vince is forcing him out of the main title picture for now. Storyline wise though, it makes NO sense for Jericho to cost Owens the match at Fastlane.

If anything, Jericho should have helped Owens win and then attacked him. He should have wanted to get the Universal Title as an act of revenge. But since Vince was dead set on Goldberg/Lesnar, there was no choice.

Speaking of Goldberg/Lesnar... I absolutely hate that they put the Universal Title on a part timer like Goldberg. I mean I get it, Wrestlemania season means that the casual fans are going to watch again. On paper, Vince sees Goldberg/Lesnar as the headline. So having them fight for the Universal Title appeals to the casuals. If Kevin Owens was head lining the PPV, the casuals might not care as much. So yeah, I understand that part... it just sucks for hardcore fans like us, that's all. But Vince knows the hardcore fans will tune in regardless of how wrestlers are booked. So he just wants to make sure he gets the casuals to tune in. By the way, this is a huge reason why CM Punk quit WWE. They constantly put old part timers over any of the full time staff.

The RAW's Women Division is a mess. Don't get me wrong here, I think Bayley, Sasha Banks, and Charlotte are GREAT wrestlers. I just hate that Charlotte is already a 4 time champion. They also put the title on Bayley way too soon. They should have kept the undefeated PPV streak until Wrestlemania and then have Bayley capture her first championship for a huge reaction. But they ended the undefeated PPV streak for no reason, and Bayley is already a champ. Hell, Sasha is already a 3 time champ too, so in a way... it doesn't matter who wins the match at Wrestlemania. They killed any reason to have people excited over the match.

ucsdguy1
March 7th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Speaking of Goldberg/Lesnar... I absolutely hate that they put the Universal Title on a part timer like Goldberg.
this

They should have kept the undefeated PPV streak until Wrestlemania and then have Bayley capture her first championship for a huge reaction. But they ended the undefeated PPV streak for no reason, and Bayley is already a champ. Hell, Sasha is already a 3 time champ too, so in a way... it doesn't matter who wins the match at Wrestlemania. They killed any reason to have people excited over the match.
and so this.

I know some casual fans who don't care about Bayley at all. She's never really been given a storyline to go with. That storyline with Charlotte finally losing at WM would've been so so much better.

Oh and add that Strowman getting built and built only to lose cleanly to Reigns to my "this"

LetTigerIn
March 7th, 2017, 10:58 PM
I don't know man, but Jericho as a face just doesn't seem as fun as comedic heel Jericho who people love anyway. But he's still the best (at what I have no idea).

At what he does, man!

ucsdguy1
March 8th, 2017, 04:39 PM
so Styles better start that feud with Shane quick before he gets buried too!

TooCool
March 9th, 2017, 12:19 PM
so Styles better start that feud with Shane quick before he gets buried too!

I really dislike the AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon match. Absolutely unnecessary. Shane does not need to wrestle.

Still holding out hope that Shane will get someone like Shinsuke Nakamura to wrestle AJ Styles or something awesome like that. lol

Here's a crazy fact... Dolph Ziggler has been with the WWE's main roster since 2006. Did you know that he has NEVER had a singles match in Wrestlemania? What a shame. He has always been thrown in multi-man matches like Ladder matches and whatnot. Looks like he might be stuck with the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal this year, the match for everyone who isn't on the card.

And I think the last 2-3 years they have put the IC Title on the line in a Ladder Match. Hopefully this year, they make the Cruiserweights do that. Now *that* should be fun.

ucsdguy1
March 9th, 2017, 03:59 PM
I really dislike the AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon match. Absolutely unnecessary. Shane does not need to wrestle.

Still holding out hope that Shane will get someone like Shinsuke Nakamura to wrestle AJ Styles or something awesome like that. lol

Here's a crazy fact... Dolph Ziggler has been with the WWE's main roster since 2006. Did you know that he has NEVER had a singles match in Wrestlemania? What a shame. He has always been thrown in multi-man matches like Ladder matches and whatnot. Looks like he might be stuck with the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal this year, the match for everyone who isn't on the card.

And I think the last 2-3 years they have put the IC Title on the line in a Ladder Match. Hopefully this year, they make the Cruiserweights do that. Now *that* should be fun.
I suppose they could find a way to throw Finn Balor in there and have him battle Styles? It would be wwe-ish to just forget about the fact that he was on Raw and a champion wouldn't it?

I always thought Ziggler was a darn good talent. He really seemed to shine with the Miz feud and his "what I am fighting for" schtick. What a shame

ucsdguy1
March 9th, 2017, 05:04 PM
PS did I see that right Rick Rude is going into the hall of fame this year?

Man he was great. Many a times did he and Rick Martel give me tons of laughs and a lot of envy-fits.

LetTigerIn
March 13th, 2017, 06:55 AM
So I came to Detroit to watch the Rangers v Red Wings game yesterday. I was planning to fly back last night, so I would not tax my work department's busy vacation schedule for this month. However, since they changed the game time from 12:30PM to 7:00PM, I had to stay into Monday to see the game. Little did I realize tonight is the last RAW at the Joe. Chances are I would have opted to not go had I known, due to work schedule, but, damn, what a missed opportunity!

I feel bad about myself. Haha!

Dexter
March 16th, 2017, 12:22 PM

TooCool
March 16th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Cena is going to induct Kurt Angle at the HoF.

Dexter
March 17th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Welp... Paige just became really famous.

TooCool
March 20th, 2017, 09:32 AM
RAW is in Brooklyn tonight.. you know that crowd is going to chant stuff. That should be enough to get me to tune into RAW for at least the first 15 minutes.

Dexter
March 20th, 2017, 10:29 AM
RAW is in Brooklyn tonight.. you know that crowd is going to chant stuff. That should be enough to get me to tune into RAW for at least the first 15 minutes.

Can't wait for New Day to come out.

ucsdguy1
March 20th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Was thinking this too. Isn't Xavier Woods married with a kid on the way?

I can't help but laugh considering the Rock's co making a movie about her.

Even my wife had to see the video out of curiosity, which I'm not totally sure is a good or bad thing. She did ask how I knew it was the guy from the new day. I just said trust me, we know.

TooCool
March 20th, 2017, 11:55 AM

Even my wife had to see the video out of curiosity, which I'm not totally sure is a good or bad thing. She did ask how I knew it was the guy from the new day. I just said trust me, we know.

I can't stop picturing Xavier Woods and Sasha Banks together behind the scenes. I know Sasha is married to a jobber/costume guy and Xavier is married too. But they seem so damn close and almost perfect for each other (she loves video games). And I guess it's no secret that a lot of wrestlers in the business sleep with each other. After all, they all look good and they travel together and whatnot.

As for The New Day, it also wouldn't surprise me if Vince just makes sure that they don't show up tonight. After all, they aren't doing anything at all at Wrestlemania. I have no idea why they're the "hosts", as if we need that.

Kingsfan626
March 20th, 2017, 12:31 PM

Well to be fair that's how Xavier Woods figured out the name of his Youtube channel. It was originally titled UP and Down and Up and Down with Paige but had to shorten it and make it PG so UpUpDownDown it became and you'll notice episode one is missing. jk

PS Also don't forget to "Keep It Tight" *wink*

ucsdguy1
March 21st, 2017, 07:22 PM
let down

Dexter
March 21st, 2017, 11:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Gm0LXnJCk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38gcRZB-aXg

Spot on job, Miz!

TooCool
March 22nd, 2017, 04:51 PM
Miz and Maryse nailed it!

I really hope Miz gets one more WWE Title run. He deserves it.

ucsdguy1
March 23rd, 2017, 12:24 PM
so apparently they offered HBK a match with Styles at wrestlemania and he declined.

Guest run in much?

Dexter
March 27th, 2017, 02:11 PM
Eva Marie is done with the WWE. A dark time indeed.

TooCool
March 27th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Eva Marie is done with the WWE. A dark time indeed.

That sucks. Brian Kendrick spent so much time training her too.

ucsdguy1
March 28th, 2017, 08:31 AM
why am I having so much trouble getting hyped for wrestlemania?

TooCool
March 28th, 2017, 08:56 AM
why am I having so much trouble getting hyped for wrestlemania?

You're not the only one. It's a terrible card this year. But I sold my Kings/Yotes tickets for Sunday anyway just because it's Wrestlemania... I guess.

And they moved the Neville/Aries Cruiserweight Title match to the pre-show. That's how stupid they are.

On a random note.... http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/3/27/15083732/breaking-visual-evidence-undertaker-doesnt-actually-appear-as-if-from-nowhere

That makes me sad. Obviously we all know he appears from under the ring. But when someone records it like that, it ruins the "magic". :lol:

Dexter
March 28th, 2017, 01:05 PM
The card is actually decent on paper, they just have done a ****ty job hyping it.

CIrvine
March 28th, 2017, 02:40 PM
I stopped watching the WWE a few weeks ago.

ucsdguy1
March 29th, 2017, 11:15 AM
A little excitement has a rumor of the Hardy Boys showing up as a surprise entrant in the tag team title match.

There's a reason they're called rumors.

TooCool
March 29th, 2017, 02:31 PM
A little excitement has a rumor of the Hardy Boys showing up as a surprise entrant in the tag team title match.

Weird, how can they be a surprise entrant if it's a Triple Threat Ladder Match? They can interfere, sure... but that should be as far as it goes. :lol:

As for the Smackdown side, I'm disappointed that the Smackdown Tag Team Division are all relegated to the Battle Royal. No Smackdown Tag Championship match there. And I'm also disappointed that the Smackdown Women's Championship match is also on the stupid pre-show. They need to stop calling it a Women's revolution if you can't even put two women's title matches on a 4 hour show.

That's the problem with Wrestlemania this year (and last year). 13 matches listed. 3 of them are on the pre-show with 10 on the main show. Plus they got all these stupid singers to waste time on the show too. (Good bathroom break time for the fans). Either way, it's unrealistic to ask for someone to sit there for 6-7 HOURS and expect them to be loud all the way through.

ucsdguy1
March 29th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Weird, how can they be a surprise entrant if it's a Triple Threat Ladder Match? They can interfere, sure... but that should be as far as it goes. :lol:

Because it's WWE, duh. Can't you just see them coming up with a way to change the match stipulations the day of?

Yeah it was just some dumb rumor I read.

oh and since I haven't gotten an update in awhile.....WHERE THE HELL IS FINN BALOR?

And.....let's have Styles take out Shane in the preshow. Bryan comes out with a new surprise opponent......Nakamura? Balor? Now there would be a match possibility. (and yes I know there's no chance, especially of nakamura)
Nay.

TooCool
March 31st, 2017, 10:57 PM
oh and since I haven't gotten an update in awhile.....WHERE THE HELL IS FINN BALOR?

And.....let's have Styles take out Shane in the preshow. Bryan comes out with a new surprise opponent......Nakamura? Balor? Now there would be a match possibility. (and yes I know there's no chance, especially of nakamura)
Nay.

Neither Finn Balor or Samoa Joe have a match at Wrestlemania.. unreal. =\ They aren't advertised for the Battle Royal either (not that they should be in it) or anything. But they get nothing. I guess Samoa Joe is going to interfere in the Seth/HHH match so at least he gets to do something. But Finn? Sucks that he has to sit it out and wait for RAW.

But on a lighter note... this is a bad ass set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfrSRaJlhPY

The entrance ramp is waaaaaaaaaay up there. What's up with that giant ring though above the ring? Seems unnecessary.

Dexter
April 1st, 2017, 07:57 PM
NXT really knows how to do tag team matches.

ucsdguy1
April 2nd, 2017, 07:47 PM

Hmm.....

Nxt tag match was awesome but I just get bored with the authors of pain.

Nakamura loses twice cleanly to roode now. His swan song to nxt?

Dexter
April 3rd, 2017, 12:28 AM
I kind of felt they were going to come out when I saw the ladders. I was thinking they would re-debut at Raw though.

ucsdguy1
April 3rd, 2017, 08:19 AM
Quick thoughts:

- Surprised to see Bayley win the women's match. Really thought Charlotte would take it again.

- While feelings galore with Undertaker's swan song, that match was really lame.

- RKO just kind of, happened? Way to keep building Wyatt's character?

- Someone mentioned to me Shane Mcmahon's kids were there cheering for HHH. Nice bump stephanie!

- Man Wrestlemania is really long

TooCool
April 3rd, 2017, 09:06 AM
Once again, NXT TakeOver was way better than the PPV on the main roster. That Triple Threat Tag Team Elimination Match is easily the match of the year as far as 2017 is concerned.

I loved everything about that match. From making the Authors of Pain look like monsters, to Johnny Gargano and Scott Dawson using DIY's finisher (no idea what that finisher is called), then to Tommaso Ciampa and Dash Wilder using The Revival's finisher (Shatter Machine). And if you've been watching NXT, you would know that The Revival are suppose to be the smartest Tag Team alive. So when they had Dawson make a "mistake" by rolling Ciampa in the ring and not one of the Authors of Pain... that's just great story telling to me. It was such a fun match and all 6 of them were nuts.

Asuka beating Ember Moon wasn't too surprising. It seems like they want to keep Asuka down there longer since the Women's division is really lacking at the moment. What I do like though is that the longer Asuka has been champ, the more heelish she seems. Her character is evolving so that's great to see.

Aleister Black's entrance was kind of neat. Everyone knew him as Tommy End (who showed up in the UK Tournament to fight Neville). Other than that, he's technically a new superstar. It seems like Almas is the go-to guy to put other people over. He's a good wrestler but needs a better gimmick for fans to get behind.

And speaking of which, Tye Dillinger lost yet again. It must be some kind of running joke to have him lose every single TakeOver match.

Roode/Nakamura was great as usual. Shinsuke is such a great seller. You just don't see many wrestlers do that anymore today. It was definitely his swan song and I seriously hope he is on the Smackdown roster instead of RAW.

------------------------------------------------

Now as for Wrestlemania, it was fun... up until the Rollins/HHH match. That's when it got boring and kind of dragged.

AJ/Shane was great. Shane can wrestle. No doubt about that. I also think that was the first Shooting Star Press Shane ever attempted, that is nuts.

The RAW Women's Title match sucked. I liked how the 3 of them were smart enough to gang up on Nia Jax. That was smart. But then everything was rushed. Sasha lost because she hit a partially exposed turnbuckle and then Bayley won with ease. It's like they never got a chance to turn it up a notch.

All the other matches was kind of just there... nothing remotely close to being good in my opinion. They gave so much time to AJ/Shane, Jericho/Owens, HHH/Rollins that by the time Orton/Wyatt and the Smackdown Women had their matches, it was completely rushed. It's like they were saying backstage "Holy crap.. we are 5 hours into Mania, and we still have FOUR matches to go!"

Lesnar beating Goldberg was predictable. I still wish it wasn't for the Universal Title. Pointless.

The way Taker lost cleanly to Reigns is further proof that Vince will push Reigns to the sky. No heel turn for him. He's the new John Cena that is shoved down our throats. Unless fans start throwing stuff or just walk to the concourse whenever Reigns comes on, this push will never stop for him... and Vince knows it. I'm just sad Undertaker had to finish his career 23-2 at Wrestlemania. He REALLY should have retired undefeated. Having him lose to Brock was stupid.. especially since Brock lost to Goldberg of all people in like a minute.

Overall, the "best" match was the Fatal Four Way Ladder Match. I kind of wish they had at least 5 more minutes to do crazy stuff but it was good enough for what it was. I'm very surprised at how over Matt and Jeff are with their "Delete" TNA gimmick. Remember when they started that crap? I thought it was stupid as hell and quite frankly, embarrassing. But I think he evolved that character and people just fell in love with it. Still weird though considering how no one watches TNA, but they know about the gimmick.

To sum it up... Wrestlemania is a fun event but having it go 7+ hours (including the 2 hour preshow) this year is STUPID. You cannot expect the crowd to be loud for the whole show, not when it is that long.

Dexter
April 3rd, 2017, 10:46 AM
Tonight, I hope Balor joins up with Anderson and Gallows to officially form the Bullet Club of the WWE :woot:

ucsdguy1
April 3rd, 2017, 04:39 PM
Once again, NXT TakeOver was way better than the PPV on the main roster. That Triple Threat Tag Team Elimination Match is easily the match of the year as far as 2017 is concerned.

I loved everything about that match. From making the Authors of Pain look like monsters, to Johnny Gargano and Scott Dawson using DIY's finisher (no idea what that finisher is called), then to Tommaso Ciampa and Dash Wilder using The Revival's finisher (Shatter Machine). And if you've been watching NXT, you would know that The Revival are suppose to be the smartest Tag Team alive. So when they had Dawson make a "mistake" by rolling Ciampa in the ring and not one of the Authors of Pain... that's just great story telling to me. It was such a fun match and all 6 of them were nuts.

Asuka beating Ember Moon wasn't too surprising. It seems like they want to keep Asuka down there longer since the Women's division is really lacking at the moment. What I do like though is that the longer Asuka has been champ, the more heelish she seems. Her character is evolving so that's great to see.

Aleister Black's entrance was kind of neat. Everyone knew him as Tommy End (who showed up in the UK Tournament to fight Neville). Other than that, he's technically a new superstar. It seems like Almas is the go-to guy to put other people over. He's a good wrestler but needs a better gimmick for fans to get behind.

And speaking of which, Tye Dillinger lost yet again. It must be some kind of running joke to have him lose every single TakeOver match.

Roode/Nakamura was great as usual. Shinsuke is such a great seller. You just don't see many wrestlers do that anymore today. It was definitely his swan song and I seriously hope he is on the Smackdown roster instead of RAW.

------------------------------------------------

Now as for Wrestlemania, it was fun... up until the Rollins/HHH match. That's when it got boring and kind of dragged.

AJ/Shane was great. Shane can wrestle. No doubt about that. I also think that was the first Shooting Star Press Shane ever attempted, that is nuts.

The RAW Women's Title match sucked. I liked how the 3 of them were smart enough to gang up on Nia Jax. That was smart. But then everything was rushed. Sasha lost because she hit a partially exposed turnbuckle and then Bayley won with ease. It's like they never got a chance to turn it up a notch.

All the other matches was kind of just there... nothing remotely close to being good in my opinion. They gave so much time to AJ/Shane, Jericho/Owens, HHH/Rollins that by the time Orton/Wyatt and the Smackdown Women had their matches, it was completely rushed. It's like they were saying backstage "Holy crap.. we are 5 hours into Mania, and we still have FOUR matches to go!"

Lesnar beating Goldberg was predictable. I still wish it wasn't for the Universal Title. Pointless.

The way Taker lost cleanly to Reigns is further proof that Vince will push Reigns to the sky. No heel turn for him. He's the new John Cena that is shoved down our throats. Unless fans start throwing stuff or just walk to the concourse whenever Reigns comes on, this push will never stop for him... and Vince knows it. I'm just sad Undertaker had to finish his career 23-2 at Wrestlemania. He REALLY should have retired undefeated. Having him lose to Brock was stupid.. especially since Brock lost to Goldberg of all people in like a minute.

Overall, the "best" match was the Fatal Four Way Ladder Match. I kind of wish they had at least 5 more minutes to do crazy stuff but it was good enough for what it was. I'm very surprised at how over Matt and Jeff are with their "Delete" TNA gimmick. Remember when they started that crap? I thought it was stupid as hell and quite frankly, embarrassing. But I think he evolved that character and people just fell in love with it. Still weird though considering how no one watches TNA, but they know about the gimmick.

To sum it up... Wrestlemania is a fun event but having it go 7+ hours (including the 2 hour preshow) this year is STUPID. You cannot expect the crowd to be loud for the whole show, not when it is that long.
I said that same thing when the RKO happened. "Yep, vince probably just realized what time it is"

I think HHH said as much in a recent interview that Asuke is basically holding down the women's side of NXT, so she'll be there awhile.

I don't know why Dillinger keeps losing, they sure don't seem to have a plan for him. But it's getting into sami zayn territory for me...

ucsdguy1
April 4th, 2017, 08:54 AM
now that was a fun raw!

that crowd was hot. I think I watched all 3 hours just to hear full crowd reactions.

I almost felt bad for Reigns. I mean sheesh. I got a kick of them chanting "roman sucks" the second Vince came out as well. Maybe he'll actually go heel now (doubt it). In fact if they're really going to try and build a Lesnar/Reigns feud, who do you think the crowd will get behind? And do we really care about Strowman being involved?

Delete. Delete. Delete.

Great to see Balor back. Fun tag match if not a little short. Heyman and Lesnar seemed caught a bit off guard when a "We Want Balor" chant started during their segment (seemingly ignored).

I wasn't fully expecting the Revival. Time for them to start injuring a lot of people.

Do you know what happens tip of Kevin Owen's finger when you barely save Kevin Owens? He's so good.

So we're gonna have a shakeup for the Raw/Smackdown rosters next week. Nakamura anyone??

TooCool
April 4th, 2017, 09:10 AM
now that was a fun raw!

that crowd was hot. I think I watched all 3 hours just to hear full crowd reactions.

I almost felt bad for Reigns. I mean sheesh. I got a kick of them chanting "roman sucks" the second Vince came out as well. Maybe he'll actually go heel now (doubt it). In fact if they're really going to try and build a Lesnar/Reigns feud, who do you think the crowd will get behind? And do we really care about Strowman being involved?

Delete. Delete. Delete.

Great to see Balor back. Fun tag match if not a little short. Heyman and Lesnar seemed caught a bit off guard when a "We Want Balor" chant started during their segment (seemingly ignored).

I wasn't fully expecting the Revival. Time for them to start injuring a lot of people.

Do you know what happens tip of Kevin Owen's finger when you barely save Kevin Owens? He's so good.

So we're gonna have a shakeup for the Raw/Smackdown rosters next week. Nakamura anyone??

Agreed. It was a fun RAW. It was the first RAW I've watched in the last few months to be honest. I had only been reading up on results and watching a clip or two on Youtube.

The **** you Roman chants were hilarious. He had Vickie Guerrero type of heat when the crowd kept booing him as soon as he held the mic close to his mouth. :lol: The STFU chants were funny too, even if it didn't make sense because he didn't say a word yet. Unfortunately, he's not turning heel. Especially not when they have Cole, Graves, and Saxton explain to the casual audience on TV that the post Mania crowd will boo the good guys because it's "fun".

I'm surprised they debuted The Revival on RAW. That means that Smackdown is getting Shinsuke Nakamura and Tye Dillinger for sure.

So next week we're not exactly getting a draft. The key word like you mentioned is "shakeup". According to WWE.com it just sounds like GMs can make trades. I have a feeling they're going to send Reigns to Smackdown, mainly because Cena and Nikki are done. It also wouldn't surprise me if they send Charlotte there as well because she's had all the matches she can with Bayley, Sasha Banks, Nia Jax, and Dana Brooke. Maybe they trade Becky Lynch to RAW or something. But we shall see how it goes since WWE was vague about the draft as well. We need more details but speculation is always fun too.

Smackdown Live is also in Orlando tonight and in the AmWay Center just like RAW and NXT TakeOver. But I wonder how much of the Post-Mania crowd is still there. If that crowd is still insane, then Smackdown would be nuts too.

ucsdguy1
April 4th, 2017, 11:20 AM
So next week we're not exactly getting a draft. The key word like you mentioned is "shakeup". According to WWE.com it just sounds like GMs can make trades. I have a feeling they're going to send Reigns to Smackdown, mainly because Cena and Nikki are done. It also wouldn't surprise me if they send Charlotte there as well because she's had all the matches she can with Bayley, Sasha Banks, Nia Jax, and Dana Brooke. Maybe they trade Becky Lynch to RAW or something. But we shall see how it goes since WWE was vague about the draft as well. We need more details but speculation is always fun too.

Except if Heyman's whole schpiel was to start something with Reigns, why send him to Smackdown?

I can see that with Charlotte. Let her take the reigns on Smackdown for awhile until they call Asuke up :) However, it seemed like she got into it a bit with Nia Jax so maybe they start a small feud there.

Also enjoyed Vince taking a moment to thank the fans, then tell the crowd how insensitive they were being for cheering Stephanie through a table. He's still got it.

With the Revival going to Raw, what happens to DIY? Stay in NXT? Smackdown?

And is Delete the new "yes! yes!" chant for anything going the other way?

TooCool
April 4th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Except if Heyman's whole schpiel was to start something with Reigns, why send him to Smackdown?

I can see that with Charlotte. Let her take the reigns on Smackdown for awhile until they call Asuke up :) However, it seemed like she got into it a bit with Nia Jax so maybe they start a small feud there.

Also enjoyed Vince taking a moment to thank the fans, then tell the crowd how insensitive they were being for cheering Stephanie through a table. He's still got it.

With the Revival going to Raw, what happens to DIY? Stay in NXT? Smackdown?

And is Delete the new "yes! yes!" chant for anything going the other way?

I don't think Reigns vs Lesnar is happening until next year's Wrestlemania. Heyman touched on that subject, about Lesnar and Reigns being the only two to put the 2 in Undertaker's 23-2 record. Whether we like it or not, they'll use that as a selling point down the line. And I also believe that Lesnar isn't even scheduled to work the RAW PPV (Payback) on April 30th. That's why I hate having part timers like Lesnar and Goldberg as champs. They don't defend their title even though there is suppose to be a unwritten 30 day rule where if you don't defend it at least once in 30 days, you forfeit the title.

Fans cheering Stephanie getting "hurt" was hilarious. I think Vince knew it because he kept egging the fans on. :lol: But seriously though, Steph needs to stay off camera for at least 6 months. Like most McMahons, they just love that spotlight on them all the time.

And unfortunately I think DIY is staying down in NXT for now. I think they never got a 1 on 1 Tag Title rematch against the Authors of Pain. And you can't call up both The Revival and DIY because they don't really have anymore Tag Teams down there.

I didn't think about the Delete chant going the other way. Fans should still use "No! No! No!" but "Delete" works too. Haha. Did you watch RAW Talk? It looks like Matt was talking as normal as he could (though he sounded a little like TNA Matt and not WWE Matt). But when he's wrestling, he was doing the "Delete" taunt/pose. It's a really touchy thing right now with his gimmick. TNA is threatening to sue Matt for using it I think. So WWE needs to tread lightly.

ucsdguy1
April 4th, 2017, 05:11 PM
1. If that's true about Lesnar, that is astoundingly lame. (if that's even a term). How do you have a PPV without a title match or at least the title holder involved??? I'm big on titles not switching hands all the time, but I seriously hope they don't let Lesnar hold it until next year's Wrestlemania!

I didn't watch Raw Talk. I saw some articles floating around all over the place over whether Matt will use the Delete gimmick in WWE. Irregardless, you can't stop the fans from chanting it!

I figured in NXT that two of the Sanity guys would probably get involved in the tag team scene at some point too. DIY is almost getting to the point of how many chances do you get. Plus it seems like they want the AoP to be top dogs for awhile.

ucsdguy1
April 4th, 2017, 09:50 PM
10! 10! 10!

ucsdguy1
April 4th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Oh my god. Nakamura!!!!!

(I'm drinking Jameson watching smackdown and about to crap myself)

ucsdguy1
April 5th, 2017, 11:09 AM
okay in retrospect, Nakamura didn't really do anything other than come out. Would've been nice if he destroyed the miz. But that was still AWESOME. I've rewatched it like 7 times. (the crowd pop was fantastic)

liked the handshake of Styles and McMahon. Face turn?

TooCool
April 5th, 2017, 11:53 AM
okay in retrospect, Nakamura didn't really do anything other than come out. Would've been nice if he destroyed the miz. But that was still AWESOME. I've rewatched it like 7 times. (the crowd pop was fantastic)

liked the handshake of Styles and McMahon. Face turn?

Very happy Tye Dillinger and Shinsuke Nakamura got their callups. I think it was okay that Nakamura didn't do anything. You don't want to give away too much, although him hitting CenaMiz with the Kinshasa wouldn't have been a bad idea. Save that for next week I guess. Nakamura did work a dark match though after 205 Live. He beat Ziggler.

I think a face turn for AJ Styles could be good. The fans cheer for him anyway even though he's a heel. So they might as well make him a good guy right? I just wish they would do the same for Roman Reigns. Make him a heel. Now that would make his character fun.

Now we'll see how this Superstar "shakeup" will go. On Talking Smack, Shane didn't give much info. He just said that Daniel, him, and Kurt are working on "deals" but final approval goes through Vince. He also kinda told The Usos that even the champs aren't "safe". I'm not sure how that's going to work since they made the RAW/Smackdown Tag and Women's Titles Red/Blue respectively. Hell, the Universal Title is red too.

CIrvine
April 5th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Nakamura on Smackdown? YeahOh!

Dexter
April 5th, 2017, 03:35 PM
It's future endeavors season!

ucsdguy1
April 7th, 2017, 12:07 PM
I finally watched some of the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony last night. I gotta say, that DDP segment had me some teary eyed!

Dexter
April 11th, 2017, 07:55 AM
WWE is pretty close to turning Smackdown into a supershow and just have their top wrestlers (Cena) on both cards.

TooCool
April 11th, 2017, 08:34 AM
Didn't like how they handled the "Superstar shakeup" last night. They made it sound like they didn't know WHO was going to RAW or Smackdown. Hearing Cole yell "OHHHH MYYYYYYYYY" to every single appearance got annoying fast. I mean, I guess that the idea is to get people to watch Smackdown tonight so you can see which RAW superstar appears. But the GMs are suppose to be making trades. They should announce it straight up who is coming or going. But Vince wanted it this way and I think it was lame.

So here is the list of names that made the switch to RAW...

Bray Wyatt
Dean Ambrose (IC Champ)
The Miz w/Maryse
Kalisto
Apollo Crews
Heath Slater
Rhyno
Curt Hawkins
Alexa Bliss
Mickie James

Oh yeah, they also swapped David Otunga with Byron Saxton for no reason. Neither of them add anything to the commentary team so whatever.

With Dean moving to RAW, I think it pretty much a guarantee that Kevin Owens is going to Smackdown with the US Title. I also hope that they can just put Kalisto in the Cruiserweight division now that he's on RAW.

Alexa Bliss and Mickie James vs Bayley and Sasha Banks can be fresh. I have a feeling Charlotte and Emma are going to Smackdown. As for a RAW Tag Team moving over to Smackdown, I can see The Club going over there. If not them, it has to be Enzo and Cass.

I'm just happy they didn't move AJ Styles to RAW. So moving forward we can have AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Randy Orton, Kevin Owens, Baron Corbin, and John Cena (when he returns) in the main event picture over on Smackdown. I guess you can include Luke Harper and Erick Rowan too... if they don't team up again as a Tag Team.

Oh yeah, RAW also added The Drifter Elias Sampson... but it would be funny if he drifted on Smackdown too. Honestly though, what the hell did he do to deserve a call up? Nothing against the guy, but he didn't do much on NXT. HHH must think highly of him or something for him to get called up so fast.

ucsdguy1
April 11th, 2017, 09:00 AM
the shakeup was very disjointed. No announcements or any big intros. Was just kind of like oh hey there's alexa bliss. Or oh hey there's dean ambrose.

If Owens and Charlotte were going to smackdown, wouldn't you just assume they wouldn't appear on raw?

No idea on Sampson. He hasn't done a whole lot of anything. Maybe a comedic interlude where he'll just drift here and there on both shows and randomly get beat up. Or, they'll immediately put him in a main event title match.

LetTigerIn
April 11th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Catching up on Monday's RAW, and, after Roman was attacked, I was hoping that Michael Cole was going to finish the sentence,"Guys, I have been sitting behind this desk for 20 years, and I can never remember…" with "… the names of wrestling holds."

Dexter
April 12th, 2017, 11:47 AM
JBL is probably gonna be fired soon. Just more proof the Be a Star charity is a sham.

LetTigerIn
April 12th, 2017, 02:11 PM
This Smackdown roster looks fun.

TooCool
April 12th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Finn Balor is probably injured again. Reports say he got a concussion on RAW thanks to Jinder Mahal. =[

http://tu9srvbirvvtmtekb3lzdgvylmlnbmltz3muy29t.g00.ign.c om/g00/2_d3d3Lmlnbi5jb20%3D_/TU9SRVBIRVVTMTEkaHR0cDovL295c3Rlci5pZ25pbWdzLmNvbS 93b3JkcHJlc3Mvc3RnLmlnbi5jb20vMjAxNy8wNC9lemdpZi0z LWI5NGI4NjkyNzIuZ2lmP2kxMGMubWFyay5pbWFnZS50eXBl_$/$/$/$/$/$

LetTigerIn
April 12th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Finn Balor is probably injured again. Reports say he got a concussion on RAW thanks to Jinder Mahal. =[

http://tu9srvbirvvtmtekb3lzdgvylmlnbmltz3muy29t.g00.ign.c om/g00/2_d3d3Lmlnbi5jb20%3D_/TU9SRVBIRVVTMTEkaHR0cDovL295c3Rlci5pZ25pbWdzLmNvbS 93b3JkcHJlc3Mvc3RnLmlnbi5jb20vMjAxNy8wNC9lemdpZi0z LWI5NGI4NjkyNzIuZ2lmP2kxMGMubWFyay5pbWFnZS50eXBl_$/$/$/$/$/$

Yeah, that was a nasty elbow by Jinder Mahal. That GIF doesn't show how Finn crumpled. Didn't look good. He finished the match fine, to his credit.

Times have changed. 30 years ago, might not be any repercussions from that other than the receipt Jinder is owed. I hope Finn is okay.

ucsdguy1
April 13th, 2017, 05:06 PM
I'll destroy Jinder if that's true

ucsdguy1
April 13th, 2017, 08:37 PM
And hey Sami welcome to smackdown. Now go lose another match!

LetTigerIn
April 14th, 2017, 11:44 AM
And hey Sami welcome to smackdown. Now go lose another match!

Well, hey, he did beat The Miz on his way out of RAW.

LetTigerIn
April 19th, 2017, 09:13 AM
A few random thoughts…

•*Braun's attack on Roman last week was really great. I neglected to mention it at the time, but it seemed like the only really important thing on RAW in a looooooooooong time. Not sure this will resuscitate Roman in the "WWE Universe," but it at least revitalizes Strowman's monster status.

• Speaking of monster status, I loved the RAW main event between Strowman and Big Show. Those guys really busted their asses and put on one heck of a show. I was especially impressed by Big Show. Dude is 45 years old, 400 pounds and has been doing this thing for a long time, and he is working harder than ever. I bow to him, surely. Strowman, meanwhile, continues to impress. When you think of what guys like Luke Harper and him bring to the table for big men, you have to wonder if they are just freaks, or if this is the future for big men going forward. I have to think the latter.

• Of the singles title belts, it seems like the Universal Championship, the Intercontinental Championship, and the RAW Women's Championship are just buried right now in terms of importance. The two most important-seeming singles titles are the US Championship (of all things), and the Smackdown Women's Championship (and probably the Cruiserweight Championship, too). Disappointing.

• I predict that a Kassius Ohno versus Kevin Owens match would end in a double KO.

TooCool
April 19th, 2017, 02:21 PM
A few random thoughts…

•*Braun's attack on Roman last week was really great. I neglected to mention it at the time, but it seemed like the only really important thing on RAW in a looooooooooong time. Not sure this will resuscitate Roman in the "WWE Universe," but it at least revitalizes Strowman's monster status.

I'm sure Vince was going nuts because the crowd kept roaring every time Braun attacked Roman. All the "you deserved it" and "Thank you Braun" chants were hilarious. Trying to make Roman Reigns the sympathetic face is not going to work... but they won't give up on it. What really sucks though for Braun is that the only thing to come out of the PPV is for Roman to destroy him. =\

• Of the singles title belts, it seems like the Universal Championship, the Intercontinental Championship, and the RAW Women's Championship are just buried right now in terms of importance. The two most important-seeming singles titles are the US Championship (of all things), and the Smackdown Women's Championship (and probably the Cruiserweight Championship, too). Disappointing.

Agreed. That's why I hate it so much that part timers like Goldberg and now Lesnar are holding the Universal Title. A major title like that, the champ needs to be on TV weekly and not once a month at best. And the reason why it feels like it the US Title and Smackdown's Women's title are built up so well is because the writing (for whatever reason) is better on Smackdown. Owens and Naomi can't stress enough how important the belt means to them. While on RAW, Ambrose hardly mentions the title, he just kind of holds it. And Bayley while deserving, just seems to have the title too. I will give RAW the upper hand in the Tag Division and the Tag Titles though. The Smackdown tag division are often forgotten, mostly because there's just not enough time for them to show up on TV.

I predict that a Kassius Ohno versus Kevin Owens match would end in a double KO.

Haha, it's like you read Vince's mind. =P

Oh and as for Smackdown, I'm loving the "land of opportunity" thing. Jinder Mahal is the #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) contender for the WWE Title. And Primo and Epico dropped their Shining Stars Puerto Rico gimmick and are now just "The Colons". They're just going with the, "We've been given a new opportunity and we're going to seize it." They do it without bringing up all the years they had to job. It's a tough situation really. I for one, am happy for them because I feel like every wrestler deserves a chance to shine. You don't make it far in the wrestling business just to be a jobber and a joke character forever. I blame WWE for making them jobbers for years and years. That's why some fans have a hard time coming to terms with Jinder as the #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) Contender. But in reality, he freaking deserves it for busting his ass all these years without really complaining.

And it also helps that the Smackdown PPV is still like 5 weeks away, so they have time to build a story and whatnot. Or hell, they could even do a title match on TV and do something else for the PPV. All the while, they have the "real" main event in Kevin Owens vs AJ Styles for the US Title. So yeah... I'm digging the land of opportunity stuff. Sami Zayn will get his due too. Just keep him away from Kevin Owens because they wrestled each other a million times already on RAW.

LetTigerIn
April 19th, 2017, 07:59 PM
I wish every wrestler got his or her day in the sun.

ucsdguy1
April 26th, 2017, 12:56 PM
The dolph/Nakamura speaking segment seemed off last night. Nakamura has some mic work that can be enhanced, but geeze let him actually wrestle already.

So is Charlotte a face now?

TooCool
April 26th, 2017, 01:43 PM
The dolph/Nakamura speaking segment seemed off last night. Nakamura has some mic work that can be enhanced, but geeze let him actually wrestle already.

So is Charlotte a face now?

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see Nakamura wrestle his first match until Backlash (Smackdown's PPV) in a few weeks. He has been working dark matches with Ziggler after 205 Live as a way to prevent people from leaving early.

I really dig what Smackdown is doing right now. Jinder Mahal as the #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) Contender for the WWE Title and Breezango are the #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) Contenders for the Smackdown Tag Titles.

So since the WWE Title isn't on the line anymore in the House of Horrors match, it's same to assume that Bray Wyatt is going to win.

And I hope they don't turn Charlotte face.. she is so much better as a heel. We got Becky and Naomi as faces.. and Carmella, Natalya, and Tamina are heels. I guess WWE really wants the 3 faces/3 heels thing going because they're booking Charlotte as a face.

TooCool
May 1st, 2017, 12:39 PM
That House of Horrors "match" was just downright embarrassing to watch. They tried to copy that Final Deletion crap from TNA with Matt and Jeff. But it was just terrible all around. Hell, I hated the Final Deletion thing and thought it was an absolute joke. I guess there are some people out there who loved it because it was different and it was suppose to be stupid. While the Orton/Wyatt House of Horrors match was supposed to have been taken seriously? I... don't know.

Orton supposedly got crushed by a refrigerator yet no sold it in the ring. I'm so glad the WWE at least had some sense into making that match a non-title match. Had the WWE Title been on the line for that kind of trash, it would kill the legacy of the championship.

ucsdguy1
May 2nd, 2017, 08:28 AM
Is the Strowman injury legit?

Fun ending triple threat match last night. So the Rollins/Joe feud continues, and Miz/Ambrose once again. Yawn sort of?

Balor/Wyatt could be fun, if they don't feed Balor to the slaughter. Or is Wyatt just going to begin a "reign of terror" and pick a new person to screw with every week..

TooCool
May 2nd, 2017, 09:58 AM
Is the Strowman injury legit?

Fun ending triple threat match last night. So the Rollins/Joe feud continues, and Miz/Ambrose once again. Yawn sort of?

Balor/Wyatt could be fun, if they don't feed Balor to the slaughter. Or is Wyatt just going to begin a "reign of terror" and pick a new person to screw with every week..

Both Braun and Roman's injuries are 100% storyline related. Although I am curious as to why they had Kurt Angle say "torn rotator cuff"... because that injury would be serious. :lol: Roman will likely be off TV for 2-3 weeks to sell his "injuries" (although he hasn't been on RAW for like 3 weeks already) but he is really just given time off because of his brother's death. Everyone is expecting the two of them to have an Ambulance match at Extreme Rules.

The Triple Threat match was awesome. It reminded me of the Triple Threat match they had on Smackdown a few weeks ago to determine the #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) Contender for the US Title with AJ Styles, Sami Zayn, and Baron Corbin. I agree with you though.. Rollins/Joe again? Miz/Ambrose? Come on. Finn/Bray can be fun because it's different.

I just wish they would let Finn call out Brock for not defending his title. He had to give up his title because he couldn't defend it due to injury. And they supposedly have that rule where you must defend the title at least once in 30 days. Yet Brock can go 3 months without putting it on the line. The booking can be so stupid. But anyway, there's nothing we can do about that. Hopefully they can use these two months to make the IC Title look really important on RAW.

As for Smackdown Live tonight. Jericho is going to drop the US title to Kevin Owens since he's finally doing that Fozzy tour which begins on Friday. =o

LetTigerIn
May 2nd, 2017, 01:25 PM
That House of Horrors "match" was just downright embarrassing to watch. They tried to copy that Final Deletion crap from TNA with Matt and Jeff. But it was just terrible all around. Hell, I hated the Final Deletion thing and thought it was an absolute joke. I guess there are some people out there who loved it because it was different and it was suppose to be stupid. While the Orton/Wyatt House of Horrors match was supposed to have been taken seriously? I... don't know.

Orton supposedly got crushed by a refrigerator yet no sold it in the ring. I'm so glad the WWE at least had some sense into making that match a non-title match. Had the WWE Title been on the line for that kind of trash, it would kill the legacy of the championship.

I thought it was more like the Hollywood backlot match, which was more fun, because it was supposed to be… well… fun.

ucsdguy1
May 2nd, 2017, 03:50 PM
I just wish they would let Finn call out Brock for not defending his title. He had to give up his title because he couldn't defend it due to injury. And they supposedly have that rule where you must defend the title at least once in 30 days. Yet Brock can go 3 months without putting it on the line. The booking can be so stupid. But anyway, there's nothing we can do about that. Hopefully they can use these two months to make the IC Title look really important on RAW.

Agreed but I wouldn't want this to happen right away because they'd probably just let Lesnar smash him. I still hate the whole deal with Lesnar.

ucsdguy1
May 3rd, 2017, 11:19 AM
Yep that was Jericho's goodbye.

It appears Styles is now the"face" that runs the place. Should have some good matches with Owens.

Maybe it's just me, but the Becky Lynch fake-turning was horrid in its execution.

TooCool
May 3rd, 2017, 02:29 PM
Yep that was Jericho's goodbye.

It appears Styles is now the"face" that runs the place. Should have some good matches with Owens.

Maybe it's just me, but the Becky Lynch fake-turning was horrid in its execution.

The crowd was into the Becky fake-turn though. And I like how quickly Charlotte turned face and that the fans are behind her already. If WWE still doesn't understand why it doesn't work for Roman then they'll never understand. I laughed when Becky said something like "4 ladies" including Ellsworth.

Aiden English has his singing gimmick again. I can't remember if he did anything with that gimmick back in NXT before he teamed with Simon Gotch to become the Vaudevillians. But now that's 2 times in 3 weeks that he got squashed by Tye Dillinger. And then this week he is apparently crying? I hope he doesn't cry after all his matches.. though it would be hilarious to have him cry when he wins too. Jericho putting him on the list made him cry even more! That was great.

I also think it's a huuuuuuuge mistake to not have Shinsuke Nakamura even show up on Smackdown. I mean come on! People want to see him. But they really want to save him for Backlash and that's fine and all... since Chicago is a hot crowd, it'll be great for his "debut" match.

LetTigerIn
May 3rd, 2017, 02:34 PM
If WWE still doesn't understand why it doesn't work for Roman then they'll never understand.

They understand. They just don't care.

TooCool
May 3rd, 2017, 02:51 PM
They understand. They just don't care.

Sad but true.

Roman is pretty much Cena as of 5-7 years ago in terms of how he's booked. It's just frustrating to me as a fan because they can make him do so much more as a bad guy instead of a good guy who is suppose to get sympathy cheers but is not getting it no matter what. And I highly doubt that Roman is granting all these Make a Wishes like Cena does... and that was a big reason why Cena refused to turn heel because he wants to reach the 1000 mark in wishes granted.

Plus Paul Heyman has already said it in his podcast or whatever. As long as the fans continue to buy tickets and watch the shows, Vince ultimately doesn't give a **** about what we think.

Still, I wish they would listen to the fans sometimes. lol

ucsdguy1
May 4th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Okay this tag team Heavy Machinery in NXT has some potential, after watching their post-match interview last night. That dude is a cross between a bushwhacker, earthquake, and rhyno.

eat! eat! eat!

TooCool
May 4th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Okay this tag team Heavy Machinery in NXT has some potential, after watching their post-match interview last night. That dude is a cross between a bushwhacker, earthquake, and rhyno.

eat! eat! eat!

:lol: I'm going to have to watch one of their matches on the newer episodes of NXT. I'll admit, I'm guilty of skipping ahead/fast forwarding any time a team faces jobbers. I've watched too much wrestling in my life to have to waste time sitting through jobber matches. Haha. I just fast forward to the point where they hit their finishers and that's that.

TooCool
May 4th, 2017, 12:23 PM
Oh I forgot to mention this yesterday... watch this if you haven't seen it yet. Absolutely hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgBnFGd1Ixs

That's why I'm such a huge fan of Smackdown and the whole "land of opportunity" they keep spouting. They are all talented and they just need a chance to showcase their personalities.

ucsdguy1
May 4th, 2017, 05:10 PM
:lol: I'm going to have to watch one of their matches on the newer episodes of NXT. I'll admit, I'm guilty of skipping ahead/fast forwarding any time a team faces jobbers. I've watched too much wrestling in my life to have to waste time sitting through jobber matches. Haha. I just fast forward to the point where they hit their finishers and that's that.
watch the episode from last night, and if you even want skip ahead as they're interview is right after the match. i think it's the first time i actually watched them talk. (well one guy talks, the other one sort of just grunts and spouts gibberish in the manliest of ways)

LetTigerIn
May 6th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Oh I forgot to mention this yesterday... watch this if you haven't seen it yet. Absolutely hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgBnFGd1Ixs

That's why I'm such a huge fan of Smackdown and the whole "land of opportunity" they keep spouting. They are all talented and they just need a chance to showcase their personalities.

The set dressing in this skit is brilliant.

CIrvine
May 8th, 2017, 08:27 AM
I wonder which one is the fan of Freddie Blassie?

TooCool
May 8th, 2017, 09:44 AM
watch the episode from last night, and if you even want skip ahead as they're interview is right after the match. i think it's the first time i actually watched them talk. (well one guy talks, the other one sort of just grunts and spouts gibberish in the manliest of ways)

I'm still a few weeks behind. I just saw the one with Tye Dillinger/Eric Young in a Steel Cage. That match was amazing.

LetTigerIn
May 8th, 2017, 09:50 AM
I wonder which one is the fan of Freddie Blassie?

They both are, because he is the Fashion Plate, Classy Freddie Blassie! Cross Blassie with Big Boss Man and you get the Fashion Police!

ucsdguy1
May 9th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Those UK crowds sure do love Bayley...

So Wyatt moves to a different match, maybe it wasn't setting up a feud with Finn Balor after all?

Strowman saying he wants Lesnar after Reigns was a nice touch.

LetTigerIn
May 9th, 2017, 09:33 AM

Even more, they just like to sing.

TooCool
May 9th, 2017, 09:45 AM

So Wyatt moves to a different match, maybe it wasn't setting up a feud with Finn Balor after all?

Strowman saying he wants Lesnar after Reigns was a nice touch.

So the dirt sheets are saying that Braun got hurt (most likely at a house show) and he's going to need elbow surgery which will put him out for 4-8 weeks. That is going to ruin the plans for Reigns/Strowman for Extreme Rules and Lesnar/Strowman for Great Balls of Fire.

I think Bray/Finn is still on. Bray's match with Dean was just filler.. =x And they need to put the IC Title back on Miz quickly.

Dexter
May 11th, 2017, 09:08 AM
WWE No Mercy to be at Staples!!! Let's all gooooo!!!!

ucsdguy1
May 12th, 2017, 11:27 AM
http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/19333451/wwe-aleister-black-otis-dozovic-stars-keep-eye-nxt

Nice writeup with some thoughts on Otis Dozovic from Heavy Machinery

ucsdguy1
May 16th, 2017, 01:57 PM
#&%^ (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=%26%25%5E) You Roman!

CIrvine
May 17th, 2017, 08:22 AM
#&%^ (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=%26%25%5E) You Roman!

I'm glad I stopped watching Raw a few weeks ago.

TooCool
May 17th, 2017, 02:26 PM
The Fashion Police must win the Tag Titles at Backlash!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DOyb9bLXPM

ucsdguy1
May 17th, 2017, 04:41 PM
The Fashion Police must win the Tag Titles at Backlash!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DOyb9bLXPM

That dance they do in the ring is very Alex Wright-ish

http://onthestick.com/images/alexdance.gif

TooCool
May 20th, 2017, 07:28 PM
What a Takeover it was in Chicago.

I wasn't too excited about it but they never disappoint. And this time, it was no different. If you don't have time to watch the whole show, definitely watch the UK Championship match between Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne. And of course that Tag Team Ladder Match as the main event. Freaking nuts.

ucsdguy1
May 20th, 2017, 10:36 PM
Oh man I'm watching delayed now and literally was just about to get on to say "please go watch the Tyler bate Pete dunne match right now

ucsdguy1
May 20th, 2017, 11:01 PM
Running thoughts: how many different ways can they out-awesome roode's intros?

Editor's note: this probably didn't beat the choir intro

ucsdguy1
May 20th, 2017, 11:50 PM
Well I guess if they weren't gonna give DIY a title win or a call up, this was the only way to go..

TooCool
May 21st, 2017, 03:30 AM
Well I guess if they weren't gonna give DIY a title win or a call up, this was the only way to go..

I'm already looking forward to the next Takeover when they fight.

TooCool
May 21st, 2017, 07:56 PM
Yes!! They actually did it! Jindal Mahal is the WWE Champion!

ucsdguy1
May 22nd, 2017, 10:08 AM
I'm already looking forward to the next Takeover when they fight.

I don't know man, I liked those guys a lot as a tag team. Wish they could've gotten a call up and had the breakup feud on the top level. But the matches should be good.

Who the heck is going to ever beat the authors of pain?

Oh, that's right...

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/talent_champion_xl/public/all/2017/05/Knight_Otis_02222017ca_052b--b736d79d6b8765344d4f4f5c6ffeb754.jpg

And backlash thoughts (editor's note: i only had time to watch the Styles/Owens and Nakamura matches in full, others just highlights)

Styles/Owens - WOW. Great match. S****y ending, but at least Styles as a face didn't really lose cleanly. Room for continuation.

Nakamura - good crowds just add to the spectacle of the intro. Awesome. Match didn't feel like anything to write home about, but a good intro to his style I suppose.

Highlights related - some of the crowd reactions (especially after Jinder won) were priceless. Credit to the camera crews for many good shots.

Surprised Jinder won it!

TooCool
May 24th, 2017, 10:07 AM
I don't know man, I liked those guys a lot as a tag team. Wish they could've gotten a call up and had the breakup feud on the top level. But the matches should be good.

Who the heck is going to ever beat the authors of pain?

Oh, that's right...

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/talent_champion_xl/public/all/2017/05/Knight_Otis_02222017ca_052b--b736d79d6b8765344d4f4f5c6ffeb754.jpg

Heavy Machinery looks like they can be a fun tag team to watch. I think the Authors of Pain will have to hold on to the Tag Titles up until NXT Takeover Brooklyn though seeing as Heavy Machinery still have a long way to go in terms of development.

As for Smackdown Live, they already have a Money in the Bank Ladder Match set up. Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles, Baron Corbin, and Sami Zayn. It kind of makes me feel bad for Tye Dillinger. He said on Talking Smack after Backlash that he would like to be in the Ladder match.. and what do you know? They just leave him right out of that match.

Breezango's newest Fashion Files was great. They scared Shane when they said they were going to turn in their guns, which turned out to be water guns. :lol: Also love how Chris Jericho is missing in the background and there was even a picture of the Mean Street Posse!

Jinder Mahal's celebration felt almost the same as when The Great Khali had his celebration... o_o The only thing I'm disappointed about with Jinder's story is that Vince is forcing him to use the "I'm not an American so you have to boo me" kind of thing. The whole "USA! USA! USA!" chant against heels is boring and overdone to me. But the casual crowd loves it so I guess Vince knows what he's doing. I just wish they would have gone a different way and just have him say that he's given an opportunity and he's not going to squander it. Then let him beat Orton cleanly and Cena (in the summer). That would really establish him well. But since this is Vince's way of booking things, he's going to look like a weak champion who will always rely on cheating to win.. which is what they made Kevin Owens do when he had the Universal Title.

And I kind of wish the Money in the Bank was a PPV for both brands. At least that could add the excitement of people cashing in the contract on both RAW and Smackdown. But now that it's only on Smackdown, there's just going to be one. There are rumors that they'll give the Women a MITB match too, so that could be fun.

ucsdguy1
May 24th, 2017, 02:01 PM
JINDER, YOU'RE NEXT

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fsmtMMkOGzQ/V1ZjIlFpSvI/AAAAAAAAAOc/ur8tG877XyEqDU-OboL5Qjp4InXa52y6wCLcB/s1600/gallery_wwe-raw-sami-zayn-02.jpg

(If I can walk again...)

Seriously what the hell

CIrvine
May 26th, 2017, 12:22 PM
On AXIS tv tonight is the replay of the Okada/Omega match from Wrestle Kingdom.

ucsdguy1
May 26th, 2017, 01:05 PM
I just found out New Japan is doing a show at the long beach arena in July, that may or may not be broadcast live on AXS TV. Jim Ross supposedly doing commentary. I'm really pissed all be in Mammoth at the time (not really pissed because Mammoth rules), but that would've been fun to see.

That Okada/Omega match was fantastic.

Omega is like Brian Pillman meets Rob Van Dam.

CIrvine
May 26th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Darn. I'll be at the Anime Expo that weekend.

CIrvine
May 29th, 2017, 11:00 AM
JINDER, YOU'RE NEXT

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fsmtMMkOGzQ/V1ZjIlFpSvI/AAAAAAAAAOc/ur8tG877XyEqDU-OboL5Qjp4InXa52y6wCLcB/s1600/gallery_wwe-raw-sami-zayn-02.jpg

Do you know what happens when you steal someone else's catch phrase?

TooCool
May 29th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Do you know what happens when you steal someone else's catch phrase?

No... no! Please don't! :lol:

Dexter
May 29th, 2017, 11:46 PM
https://streamable.com/s/vttqa

Stop giving Alexa Bliss horrible segments :cbgb:

LetTigerIn
May 30th, 2017, 10:11 AM
https://streamable.com/s/vttqa

Stop giving Alexa Bliss horrible segments :cbgb:

Hey, it was bad enough to initiate a "delete" chant, so there's that.

TooCool
May 30th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Hey, it was bad enough to initiate a "delete" chant, so there's that.

I think the crowd was nice about it too. If they were in Chicago or New York, poor Alexa wouldn't have made it through that segment.

Unreal how the segment even got approved. The writers are clueless.

ucsdguy1
May 30th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Was it a throwback to when foley brought back the rock's teacher and ex girlfriend?

Man I switched from Directv to Spectrum this weekend. Having Raw and Smackdown on east coast feeds to now west coast times is going to destroy me.

TooCool
June 4th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Alexa Bliss has great charisma but yikes, they made Bayley a jobber in a hurry.

ucsdguy1
June 5th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Alexa Bliss has great charisma but yikes, they made Bayley a jobber in a hurry.
I didn't see it and am glad.

heard it was a pretty decent ppv though

ucsdguy1
June 6th, 2017, 01:55 PM
bray wyatt loses cleanly to reigns, then causes rollins to lose.

one doesn't necessarily need the other.

Cross Traffic
June 6th, 2017, 03:58 PM
For all the crap baseball gets for having older viewers, WWE is right there with them, the median age of a pro wrestling viewer is 54!

http://deadspin.com/study-the-median-age-of-tv-wrestling-viewers-has-nearl-1795864450

Which makes no sense considering how PG the product has been for years.

LetTigerIn
June 6th, 2017, 04:13 PM
For all the crap baseball gets for having older viewers, WWE is right there with them, the median age of a pro wrestling viewer is 54!

http://deadspin.com/study-the-median-age-of-tv-wrestling-viewers-has-nearl-1795864450

Yes! I am under the median! Whoo!

CIrvine
June 7th, 2017, 08:26 AM
And I turn 54 in October.

TooCool
June 7th, 2017, 10:05 AM

Bizarre. If you go to a live event... especially house shows parents tend to bring their kids. That's why there are so many Cena and Reigns fans. Then the PPV audience generally have more adults but I'd say they are typically from 20-40.

But hey, at the same time.. many of us who watched it as kids will watch it to this day. :) Wrestling fans for life!

LetTigerIn
June 7th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Bizarre. If you go to a live event... especially house shows parents tend to bring their kids. That's why there are so many Cena and Reigns fans. Then the PPV audience generally have more adults but I'd say they are typically from 20-40.

But hey, at the same time.. many of us who watched it as kids will watch it to this day. :) Wrestling fans for life!

You also have to take into account that the average age of cable television viewers is rising on the whole. Younger viewers tend to get their content through other sources.

TooCool
June 19th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Really fun MITB PPV last night.

Women's MITB - Not surprised that they didn't take more bumps. While it was history in the making, I thought it was fairly tame, just like when Charlotte and Sasha fought in that Hell in a Cell match. Most of the "bumps" just consisted of them getting pushed off the ladder and then they hit the ropes. Even Charlotte didn't do a moonsault off the ladder.. kind of a bummer. Ellsworth grabbing that briefcase and dropping it perfectly into Carmella's hands was great though. I'm happy that Carmella won since the MITB is the only way certain wrestlers can win the title. Becky and Charlotte will always get their opportunities. Natalya and Tamina, maybe not so much but Carmella is the better option anyway.

New Day vs The Usos for the Smackdown Tag Titles - Wow, this was a fun match too. Huge props to Big E for catching one of the Usos when he jumped from the top rope. If it weren't for Big E's strength, I think any other wrestler might drop him on his head. Unfortunately we kind of got a cheap finish with The Usos getting themselves counted out because the knew they couldn't win.

Naomi vs Lana for the Smackdown Women's Championship - For Lana's "1st match", not bad. She looked a little awkward and maybe yelled a little too much. But it was passable I suppose. Carmella already teasing a cash in was great too.

Mike & Maria Kanellis debut - So this is Mike Bennett from TNA. I don't watch TNA so I don't know how good he is. He looks like mid-card talent to me though. I'm also not sure I care about their lovey dovey gimmick. We already got that with Miz and Maryse.

Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal for the WWE Title - Well, it was given that Orton was going to lose since they brought up the fact that it was in his hometown only like a hundred times. I'm not of fan of Jinder taking that RKO and landing on his knees though. It looked ugly. Orton killing the Singh brothers is always hilarious to see. I'm also not a fan of them repeating the exact same finish like at Backlash.. when Orton kills the Singh brothers and Jinder beats Orton with his finisher. Please be more creative. Now it looks like Jinder's next opponent will be John Cena (unless he goes to RAW since he's a "free agent").

Men's MITB - Corbin assaulting Nakamura during his entrance was brilliant because it even made me go, "Damn it Corbin!" Everyone wants to see Shinsuke's entrance and Baron Corbin ruined it. I liked how he said on Talking Smack after that he didn't want to wait 3-4 minutes for Shinsuke to do his super long entrance. Anyway, this match was lots of fun. Sami Zayn got in a lot of offense and Kevin Owens took the biggest bumps. Shinsuke coming back out after 75% of the match was worked was good too. I wonder why they went with this angle. Is it because Nakamura has never worked a ladder match like this and isn't used to the bumps? I think he only took one bump off the ladder and that was at the end, when Corbin shoved both him and AJ Styles off. There's no way Corbin will cash in the MITB contract on Jinder though, so he'll be holding it for awhile I'm sure.

LetTigerIn
June 19th, 2017, 02:46 PM
They should change the ruling so that Ellsworth is the one with the Women's MITB case.

ucsdguy1
June 19th, 2017, 05:07 PM
They should change the ruling so that Ellsworth is the one with the Women's MITB case.
Don't be too sure they won't tonight...

I didn't see the ppv but good review above. At least some new blood with carmella and corbin, despite my yearning for Zayn or Nakamura.

ucsdguy1
June 19th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Or Tuesday

ucsdguy1
June 20th, 2017, 11:11 AM
nice execution to end raw...

ucsdguy1
June 21st, 2017, 03:07 PM
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/06/20/wwe-triple-h-london-police-charlie-guenigault-belt

Love a story like this.

And

Charlie Guenigault was off duty, just enjoying a night out with his friends, when knife-wielding terrorists attacked London Bridge. Wearing his Sami Zayn T-shirt, he leapt into action, confronted the armed attackers with just his bare hands. The price he paid for his bravery was numerous stab wounds that required the removal of his spleen.

ucsdguy1
June 22nd, 2017, 01:51 PM
I had a presale code for NXT Live at the Novo Theater downtown on Wednesday Aug 9th, however as tickets with fees were like $130, $70, and $40, I decided to pass this time around.

TooCool
June 22nd, 2017, 11:20 PM
I had a presale code for NXT Live at the Novo Theater downtown on Wednesday Aug 9th, however as tickets with fees were like $130, $70, and $40, I decided to pass this time around.

Yeah, that's pretty damn high. What the hell happened to their $15 tickets? (With fees it probably goes to $25 anyway)

ucsdguy1
June 23rd, 2017, 09:50 AM
Yeah, that's pretty damn high. What the hell happened to their $15 tickets? (With fees it probably goes to $25 anyway)
Yeah, the cheapest were $25 but ended up being $40 with fees. Crazy how fees work nowadays.

I totally forgot there was a Raw monday night at staples center too. But passing, gotta save some dough for a ppv here.

ucsdguy1
June 27th, 2017, 09:04 AM
God did that Lavar Ball segment suck and I really wish he would go away.

TooCool
June 27th, 2017, 10:12 AM
God did that Lavar Ball segment suck and I really wish he would go away.

I think Vince doesn't care how big of a train wreck that segment was.. he sees it as a win with all the media coverage it has gotten.

Hell, that segment alone made me tune into RAW for the first time since Wrestlemania. I wanted to see how bad it was and yep.. it was expected.

Can't wait for Smackdown Live tonight. Expecting even more shenanigans for the Smackdown Women's MITB match.

ucsdguy1
June 28th, 2017, 08:03 AM
I don't know why the money in the bank match 2 left me somewhat underwhelmed. But I figured Carmella would find a way to win. Good crowd in san diego

LetTigerIn
June 28th, 2017, 10:45 AM
I don't know why the money in the bank match 2 left me somewhat underwhelmed. But I figured Carmella would find a way to win. Good crowd in san diego

I once dropped my waffle at a party on the beach. About 10 people rushed to help me pick it up. Now, that was a good crowd and sandy Eggo.

TooCool
June 28th, 2017, 01:40 PM

I'm glad Carmella won again. It's the right choice.

It's weird because that match played out almost the exact same way as the original match. The only thing I was expecting in the MITB PPV was a huge bump from James Ellsworth. I have no idea why they didn't do that in the 1st match. I do have to say one thing though... Natalya taking HERSELF out of the match to fight with Charlotte outside was just plain stupid to see. From a wrestlers standpoint, why would you take yourself out knowing that someone can climb it to win? :facepalm:

Another minor gripe is that when Randy Orton let Jinder Mahal pick the stipulation for the WWE Title match as long as he get one more shot at Jinder. Well, Jinder picked a Punjabi Prison match and right away we see a video package on it, explaining what the match is. So the WWE crew already knew what match Jinder was going to pick? :lol: Little things like that bug me, but from a TV standpoint, I understand why.

All in all, it was a good Smackdown Live. I really wish they would give Tye Dillinger and American Alpha a chance. They just waste too much time with nonsense like The Usos and New Day rapping or that opening promo last night, talking about all the matches we already know about. That's 15 minutes they wasted when it could have been given to other wrestlers.

ucsdguy1
June 28th, 2017, 01:56 PM
It's weird because that match played out almost the exact same way as the original match. The only thing I was expecting in the MITB PPV was a huge bump from James Ellsworth. I have no idea why they didn't do that in the 1st match. I do have to say one thing though... Natalya taking HERSELF out of the match to fight with Charlotte outside was just plain stupid to see. From a wrestlers standpoint, why would you take yourself out knowing that someone can climb it to win? :facepalm:

I thought the exact same thing. Charlotte by the way still has some of the best facial expressions.

Breezango are growing more on me. I was slow to come around. But come on, the ascension grabbing the eddie money tickets was classic..

ucsdguy1
June 30th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Caught up on NXT last night. That last women's standing match was great! I don't think the crowd reactions did it quite enough justice. But man powerbombs on chairs, ladders, announcer tables...all that was left was waiting for New Jack to come out and do a double swan dive.

TooCool
June 30th, 2017, 02:11 PM
Caught up on NXT last night. That last women's standing match was great! I don't think the crowd reactions did it quite enough justice. But man powerbombs on chairs, ladders, announcer tables...all that was left was waiting for New Jack to come out and do a double swan dive.

Asuka and Nikki Cross were definitely way more hardcore than any of the RAW/Smackdown girls. =o

lely1103
July 3rd, 2017, 12:55 AM
I don't think the crowd reactions did it quite enough justice.
I really wish they would give Tye Dillinger and American Alpha a chance.

TooCool
July 3rd, 2017, 08:51 AM
I don't think the crowd reactions did it quite enough justice.
I really wish they would give Tye Dillinger and American Alpha a chance.

I agree. It's tough for the any crowd to keep up the enthusiasm though when they're sitting through 3+ hours of taping. They tape 3 NXT episodes in one sitting and even though this past Wednesday was the 1st of the 3 shows, they saved the Nikki/Asuka match for last (after they taped the other 2 shows). I believe they did the same thing back when Finn Balor and Samoa Joe fought in a Steel Cage for the NXT Title. They made the fans wait all the way until the end, which killed their energy.

That's why I always felt like it's stupid of Vince to want the crowd to sit through 6+ hours for Wrestlemania. It's just too long.

And yes, Tye Dillinger and American Alpha really deserve a chance. While I understand that you can't put everyone on TV at once, it is also unbelievable that they aren't used at all. The same also applies to Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, and Aiden English.

ucsdguy1
July 5th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Well at least Gable and Dillinger were given some screen time last night? Even though both ending in losses...

TooCool
July 5th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Well at least Gable and Dillinger were given some screen time last night? Even though both ending in losses...

On the bright side, they tried to make them look good. Gable threw AJ Styles around which was fun to see. Then Dillinger was in the Final 3 and got in some offense near the end at the Battle Royal. Better than nothing I suppose.

Naomi adding the glow stuff to the Women's Championship is kinda cool. She didn't change the belt entirely like Cena used to, so maybe that's why I don't mind it. Now it just means that she won't drop it any time soon.

Dexter
July 5th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Dayyyyum them Uso bros owned Xavier.

ucsdguy1
July 6th, 2017, 10:55 AM
I totally forgot I set the dvr to tape the New Japan show from Long Beach Arena saturday. Started watching last night. Was that really Billy Gunn??

and mother f'n Jushin Thunder Liger!! Loved the crowd reaction he got. And Jim Ross referencing the first time he saw him wrestle was around 1992 in wcw against Brian Pillman (RIP).

A few matches in (4+ hour show is long!) and some pretty good action, despite me not knowing who half these guys are. I like that Japanese dude that carries a stuffed cat around, and the guy with the 3 foot tall mohawk.

Jay Lethal looked like he so badly wanted to whip out some macho man or ric flair impersonations..

TooCool
July 10th, 2017, 10:39 AM
So Roman Reigns spears himself into the ambulance and loses the match. He then comes right back out and attacks Braun Strowman because he's a sore loser. But that's not all! He tries to murder Braun in the process by crashing the ambulance in the backstage area. Meanwhile, Braun stumbles out of the ambulance after 10+ minutes all bloodied up and refuses treatment.

Great role model huh? He'll likely become the #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) contender for trying to murder someone too... :lol:

Seriously though, if that's not a double turn then I don't know what to say anymore. We need Roman to be a heel, 100%. None of this Cena treatment. He is a bad guy through and through.

Dexter
July 10th, 2017, 03:23 PM
So Roman Reigns spears himself into the ambulance and loses the match. He then comes right back out and attacks Braun Strowman because he's a sore loser. But that's not all! He tries to murder Braun in the process by crashing the ambulance in the backstage area. Meanwhile, Braun stumbles out of the ambulance after 10+ minutes all bloodied up and refuses treatment.

Great role model huh? He'll likely become the #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) contender for trying to murder someone too... :lol:

Seriously though, if that's not a double turn then I don't know what to say anymore. We need Roman to be a heel, 100%. None of this Cena treatment. He is a bad guy through and through.
He's not a bad guy, he's not a good guy. He's the guy.

mitchrock
July 10th, 2017, 09:39 PM
Forget REigns, we need Wyatt or Rollins back as champ.

CIrvine
July 13th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Saturday August 19 at Sports Authentics at the Puente Hills Mall, Rikishi will be there to sign autographs.

TooCool
July 17th, 2017, 11:08 PM
So the WWE writing staff doesn't know how to book American Alpha and keep them off TV for 1-2 months. Then Chad Gable is suddenly alone on Smackdown Live (technically Jason Jordan came out once with him but quickly went to the back). And now Jason Jordan is Kurt Angle's son because why the hell not. Oh yeah, Jason is also a member of RAW and Smackdown gets nothing.

If this means a push for Jason Jordan, then great I guess. But at the same time, it took WWE a long time to rebuild the Tag Division. Now after having done so, they go right ahead and kill Enzo/Cass, American Alpha, The Vaudevillians (by releasing Simon Gotch), and Golden Truth. Alrighty then.

TooCool
July 17th, 2017, 11:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZszUb5-bA_U

ucsdguy1
July 18th, 2017, 12:04 PM
So the WWE writing staff doesn't know how to book American Alpha and keep them off TV for 1-2 months. Then Chad Gable is suddenly alone on Smackdown Live (technically Jason Jordan came out once with him but quickly went to the back). And now Jason Jordan is Kurt Angle's son because why the hell not. Oh yeah, Jason is also a member of RAW and Smackdown gets nothing.

If this means a push for Jason Jordan, then great I guess. But at the same time, it took WWE a long time to rebuild the Tag Division. Now after having done so, they go right ahead and kill Enzo/Cass, American Alpha, The Vaudevillians (by releasing Simon Gotch), and Golden Truth. Alrighty then.
Yeah I admit I haven't been following the news lately but watching last night....huh?

ucsdguy1
July 18th, 2017, 09:29 PM
How far Charlotte flair has fallen?

TooCool
July 18th, 2017, 09:35 PM
How far Charlotte flair has fallen?

I don't really see it that way to be quite honest. She has to share the spotlight with all the women on the Smackdown roster. On RAW, it was the Charlotte/Sasha show over and over. On Smackdown, they're all on "equal" footing. I guess that's why I don't mind it too much.

Meanwhile on RAW, Emma, Mickie James, and Dana Brooke are all unused. Bayley, they destroyed her credibility by having her lose in the weakest way possible. Now suddenly she has 2 wins over Alexa Bliss. I don't know what's going on there. =\

I do hate how they still can't find anything for Tye Dillinger, Aiden English, Chad Gable, Luke Harper, and Erick Rowan to do on Smackdown though. And you know who else has been lost in the mix now? Dolph Ziggler. Yikes.

ucsdguy1
July 18th, 2017, 09:48 PM
Starting to set up the bayley/Sasha feud maybe?

Totally agree on Ziggler. I still love that guy (made more so by his appearance on @midnight a few weeks ago)

And PS - those No Mercy prices for sep 24 at staples.....if you don't want to sit upper level. Yeeesh

LetTigerIn
July 19th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Helicopter carrying son of WWE CEO makes emergency landing (http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/20104796/shane-mcmahon-helicopter-makes-ocean-landing)

Not really a big story but just interesting to see this story pop up in the local news.

TooCool
July 19th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Helicopter carrying son of WWE CEO makes emergency landing (http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/20104796/shane-mcmahon-helicopter-makes-ocean-landing)

Not really a big story but just interesting to see this story pop up in the local news.

Glad Shane O'Mac is okay.

TooCool
July 24th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Anyone watch Battleground yesterday? Unfortunately it wasn't that good of a PPV. Most of it is just to build up Summerslam and that's one of my pet peeves. Using a PPV to build up another PPV.

Preshow: Tye Dillinger vs Aiden English - They can't get on Smackdown consistently enough so once again, they're thrown in a Pre-Show match. What is this? The 3rd straight time? Tye already won the first two, so this time they gave it to Aiden. Happy to see Aiden get a "big win" and I really hope they do something with his singing gimmick. Meanwhile, Tye needs to be booked better.

New Day vs Usos - This match started the PPV and quite frankly stole the show. It's a special win for Xavier Woods specifically because this was the first time he "won" the titles by pinning someone else. Since they use that freebird rule, the majority of the time New Day wrestled and won in the past had always been Kofi and Big E wrestling. So to have Woods win it for his team was nice to see.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Baron Corbin - Having Nakamura lose his first singles match right now is a bad idea but they also couldn't have Corbin as the MITB winner lose either. Tough match to book so they went with the cheap DQ finish with Corbin giving Nakamura a blatant low blow. I do have to say though that the Deep 6 and End of Days are such great looking moves.

Fatal 5-Way Elimination Match: Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Natalya, Lana, Tamina - I really wish Carmella was in this match. I know she has the MITB Contract by why can't she have that AND try to be #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) contender? That could be a great insurance policy but instead they just left her out of it. As for the match, I liked the story telling here because Tamina kept helping Lana. It made me wonder what kind of partnership they have and why Tamina kept going out of her way to help her over and over. Becky got to eliminate both Tamina and Lana but then Natalya beat her with that ever so dangerous rollup pin. Charlotte losing surprised me a bit but it's great to see Nattie finally win a damn match. The only problem is that a Summerslam match of Natalya vs Naomi doesn't exactly sound exciting. So hopefully that is when Carmella cashes in to win the Women's Title.

US Title Match: AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens - I think you guys will agree with me here when I say that these two should not be fighting for the US Title. So the story is that Owens beat Styles by countout and doesn't want to give Styles a rematch. He made AJ styles earn the #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) contender's spot by having him beat Chad Gable AND win a Battle Royal. Then Styles wins the US title at a house show just because it was at MSG. So now it's Owens who is challenging for the US Title. So yeah... this match was pretty standard given how many times they have fought and they went with the wonky pinfall win for Owens even though Styles had the submission move on him. They just love these "controversial" finishes so that they can keep the feud going.

Flag Match: John Cena vs Rusev - I was bored during this match. So they had to take the flag (which is on top of a turnbuckle) and then carry it back to the entrance area and put the flag in the holder to win. It's one thing to do a slow climb to reach for the flag.. but when you're walking 3 times as slow to the entrance ramp, that is when it looks stupid. They made it look like walking with the flag is as hard as climbing a ladder in a ladder match. Come on now. :lol: I think the match went like 20+ minutes too, which was waaaaay too long for a boring match.

Sami Zayn vs Mike Kanellis - Mike and Maria's gimmick is fun, but I don't see how the power of love will take them anywhere. This match was way too short though but at least they gave Sami a much needed win. I don't watch TNA but I think when Mike Bennett was there, I don't think he was a main eventer either. We'll need to see more of Mike Kanellis so he can showcase his wrestling abilities moving forward.

WWE Championship Punjabi Prison Match: Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton - Never liked this kind of match because it takes the crowd out of it. Why? Because they can't see ****! But I'll admit, I thought it had potential because The Great Khali wasn't going to be in it. That means they can work a faster pace right? Wrong. Instead, they decided to work the match in the ring as if it was an "I quit" match. They barely used the Prison as a weapon. Thankfully the action picked up when they got out of the first cage and onto the ringside area. The Singh brothers deserve so much praise for taking the bumps that they do. Then The Great Khali returns (I must have summoned him) and chokes Orton so Jinder can win again. Please, don't ever bring the Punjabi Prison Match back ever again.

Unfortunately, if the dirt sheets are true.. now Cena gets to bury Mahal so he can beat Ric Flair's record at Summerslam.

So yeah, not too good of a PPV. It's more of an extended Smackdown episode as they build for Summerslam which will be 4 hours long by the way. =x

ucsdguy1
July 24th, 2017, 11:23 AM
I didn't see it but appreciate the review!

LetTigerIn
July 24th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Random notes on a scorecard:

• They should have The Drifter drift on over to Smackdown to face off against English. That might get English over as a baby. Or Samson. Who knows? But it could be a fun mid-card gimmick infringement feud.
• Bomaye is a great move name, but you can sing kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin-SHASA! along with the move better.
• There are quite a few WWE wrestlers, Corbin among them, who are big, imposing figures with much less imposing faces.
•*I like that Naomi's belt lights up
• I dislike the phrase "[so and so] is going to [PPV]!!!" Yeah, so are a bunch of other wrestlers, and the TV truck, and fans who bought tickets.
• You are right. Owens and Styles should fight for the Universal Championship, since nobody else is doing it. :/
• Styles said he wants the US Title to seem like THE one to want, and right now, that's about right.
• Totally agree about the flag match. Could have been interesting if they played it like they can get the flags and/or put them in the holders at normal speed. Make them beat the heck out of each other if they want to go slow. Or have Gable show up with his new "Glue Guy" Gable gimmick and pour glue all over the ramp.
• Kanellis had to use this new gimmick in WWE, because Sami Zayn getting a PPV win is the real miracle. (a miracle that should happen more often, IMO).
• I think a babyface Jinder with the title would be way better than heel Jinder. And we'd get way more Bollywood dancers that way. Am I crazy?

ucsdguy1
July 24th, 2017, 03:22 PM
, because Sami Zayn getting a PPV win is the real miracle. (a miracle that should happen more often, IMO).

aaaand you're saved...

ucsdguy1
July 26th, 2017, 09:21 AM
there's only one Y2J maaaan

Nakamura with a clean pin over Corbin was interesting. Do we not fully expect Corbin to cause him to lose to Cena next week? Do we care about Cena/Mahal?

Enough of the US title switching hands already.

TooCool
July 26th, 2017, 01:05 PM
there's only one Y2J maaaan

Nakamura with a clean pin over Corbin was interesting. Do we not fully expect Corbin to cause him to lose to Cena next week? Do we care about Cena/Mahal?

Enough of the US title switching hands already.

Didn't expect Y2J to finish his Fozzy tour so soon. That was an awesome surprise return.

I'm actually okay with the US Title changing hands like crazy right now. I'm not a fan if they do it so often because it does diminish the value of the title. But right now, I don't know... it feels like the US Title is very important if you got main event players going after the title. Owens, Styles, Jericho? Even Nakamura told AJ that he wants it. :)

Cena vs Nakamura for free next week? We're definitely getting shenanigans. I'm not sure Corbin would interfere here. Maybe he could against Shinsuke. I think if anything, we'll see The Great Khali attack them both so they can set up a tag match between Cena/Nakamura vs Mahal/Khali or something of the sort. After all, they have time to kill from now until Summerslam.

Or what if they let Nakamura beat Mahal at Summerslam, and then Corbin cashes in on Shinsuke? He definitely can't do that to Cena because if he wins for the 17th time, that is such a huge deal that they won't have him lose the title within minutes.

All in all, I think Smackdown bounced back in a great way yesterday. They probably got too much crap everywhere about how bad Battleground was.

ucsdguy1
July 26th, 2017, 01:42 PM
I see your point, I'm just always big on someone keeping the title for awhile for meaning, especially if an AJ, KO, or Y2J are going to take it. That smile on Y2J for the first few minutes of his entrance - you could tell he was eating up the crowd reaction. You know what happened when someone cut in front of me at the grocery store? You put him on the list? No, I punched him in the face and put him in the walls of jericho.....

I should also mention Bayley getting the clean win over Sasha monday night. I don't expect her to beat Bliss, but hey you gotta start somewhere.

And Zayn/Dillinger as a tag team was kind of fun. Still think they could be good on their if built the right way, but was pretty cool with the crowd reaction behind them.

That english dude that sings and elias samson need to have some kind of a sing off.

LetTigerIn
July 26th, 2017, 11:48 PM
Actually, I think it would be great if they take the three-way dance on the road at house shows, and had the US title change hands between the three of them almost nightly.

TooCool
July 27th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Actually, I think it would be great if they take the three-way dance on the road at house shows, and had the US title change hands between the three of them almost nightly.

I can see it now, fans will actually leave a house show and post on social media, "Aw man... ____ actually retained the US Title tonight!".

It would also be silly if Kevin Owens says something like, "I want my US Title back so that I can become a 20 time United States Champion. I'm the true face of America." That's the only problem with titles changing hands over and over but once in awhile it's great.

LetTigerIn
July 27th, 2017, 04:19 PM
I can see it now, fans will actually leave a house show and post on social media, "Aw man... ____ actually retained the US Title tonight!".

It would also be silly if Kevin Owens says something like, "I want my US Title back so that I can become a 20 time United States Champion. I'm the true face of America." That's the only problem with titles changing hands over and over but once in awhile it's great.

I never liked the "[x] time champion" thing. If you win the title on your first day in the business and then you only drop it by retiring 25 years later, you are a 1-time champion but also likely the greatest ever. I suppose that means I'd really hate,"the [x] time champion is going to [PPV]!"

If Cena does become a 17-time champion, it won't suddenly make his legacy equal to Ric Flair's (although I do think Cena deserves a lot more consideration than many think).

Dexter
August 1st, 2017, 08:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xayP9ErP5Nw

Incredible! I'll go ahead and get this out of the way for TooCool . It's a Twin Peaks spoof. A weird show.

ucsdguy1
August 2nd, 2017, 09:28 AM
So Cena's pretty lucky he doesn't have a broken neck huh?

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--uVNP0Rbn--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/uczmzsrt4jiydp723nm8.gif

At least he said don't be sorry

http://deadspin.com/john-cena-gets-dropped-on-head-tells-shinsuke-nakamura-1797466035

TooCool
August 2nd, 2017, 09:49 AM
So Cena's pretty lucky he doesn't have a broken neck huh?

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--uVNP0Rbn--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/uczmzsrt4jiydp723nm8.gif

At least he said don't be sorry

http://deadspin.com/john-cena-gets-dropped-on-head-tells-shinsuke-nakamura-1797466035

Man, with that kind of move who is to blame? Obviously Cena has to "jump" to make that move happen right? But it's also Shinsuke's responsibility to protect him. Tough to say since on countless occasions, the opponent Shinsuke uses the Reverse Exploder Suplex on tends to land on their stomach and not the back of their neck.

Either way, glad Cena is okay or else he wouldn't came back out to set up a match against Corbin for Summerslam. Speaking of which, it's going to be great for Corbin to beat Cena at Summerslam too and send him away for months while he films that Transformers movie.

And the Twin Peaks thing... I don't watch that but what Fandango and The Ascension did there? Freaky as hell! I do have to :lol: at the Eraserhead picture. Love it.

CIrvine
August 2nd, 2017, 11:56 AM
What about the first match where Owens hits the ref on his left eye, but in the back he is being treated for his right eye.

TooCool
August 2nd, 2017, 12:06 PM
What about the first match where Owens hits the ref on his left eye, but in the back he is being treated for his right eye.

:lol:

But when Owens was ranting, he said the refs fall down to a gust of wind (or something to that affect). So maybe he hurt his right eye walking to the back. :)

TooCool
August 11th, 2017, 04:21 AM
The Street Profits are pretty darn entertaining. Lots of potential with that new tag team. They remind me of Cryme Tyme but way more agile.

Angelo Dawkins has been with NXT for years now and I always found him really boring. But having him team up with Montez Ford (who I don't know at all), well... they actually mesh well together!

Cross Traffic
August 14th, 2017, 03:20 PM
http://deadspin.com/report-ric-flair-in-medically-induced-coma-1797832333

Sadly I think the ride on Space Mountain is about to come to an end. no:

ucsdguy1
August 16th, 2017, 11:08 AM
They really have promoted the hell out of Jinger/Shinsuke eh?

Way to utilize that money in the bank shot Corbin! But really, did anyone think they'd have him win it on the spot only to have the match with Cena become a title match that Cena would win?

Summerslam should be another nice 7 hour ppv...

ucsdguy1
August 20th, 2017, 08:29 PM
I've only seen 3 matches so far, and my comments on them are:

1. Nakamura/Jinder was %{#{*#\ dumb

2. Bayley getting booed again. She's going heel.
2.a. Too soon to take the belt off Bliss, but I imagine a rematch while bayley heels from injury (see what I did there)leading to a feud with Sasha?

3. Big show/cass- yawn.

TooCool
August 25th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Been on vacation the last 3 weeks... and been too lazy to type anything. But here are my thoughts on Takeover Brooklyn and Summerslam.

Takeover Brooklyn

Holy cow, what a show. They seriously never disappoint do they? I wasn't too excited about the card but I tuned in anyway for some good wrestling.

Gargano vs Almas was probably the best match of the night and they opened the show. I like the repackaged Almas with Zelina Vega as his manager. He's pretty darn talented and now has a "no nonsense" demeanor thanks to his manager. Johnny Wrestling is something else. I think if WWE gives him a decent push when he's on the main roster in the future, he could be the next Daniel Bryan if given the chance. All in all, sucks that Gargano lost but Almas needed the win more.

Sanity getting the Tag Titles over the Authors of Pain was a little surprising. Rumors have it that the AOP are getting called up soon so we'll see. Will Sanity use the freebird rule like New Day? Or is it only Alexander Wolfe and Eric Young that are Tag Champs?

Aleister Black/Hideo Itami - Stiff match. Not much more to say about that. Serious question.. how the hell are these stiff shots to the head allowed and how do they take it? I'm sure when they hit their kicks and whatnot, it's likely at the "safest" place possible. But still, it's crazy to watch them just eat these kicks to the jaw and head over and over.

Asuka/Ember Moon was a mighty fine match. I think it's second to Bayley/Sasha Banks at the first TakeOver Brooklyn. The near falls were insane and I really believed that Ember had a chance at winning. Now we find out that Asuka broke her collarbone during the match and she vacated the title last night during the tapings. It sucks because I kind of want her to hold the Women's Title longer mainly because she's broken all kinds of record anyway with it. Why not keep it going? Plus it's not like Brock has to follow the 30 day rule, so why does Asuka? Either way, at least she can still say she never lost it and can say she's undefeated when she's on RAW.

Drew McIntyre/Bobby Roode was fun. The match started slow but I'm really surprise Drew got the win. I honestly didn't expect them to call up Bobby Roode so soon until they mentioned that he's already been down there for more than a year. Glad to see Roode on Smackdown since they lost Cena to RAW.

As for Summerslam... it was a pretty meh show overall. 6 hours is just too long for anything. Vince needs to stop doing this.

Best match of the night was on the Pre-Show with New Day vs Usos. They freaking rocked it.

I felt bad for The Miztourage vs Hardy Boyz and Jason Jordan match. It was ridiculous to have them wrestle the first match on the Pre-show. The PPV started at 4 PM our time and their match was at 2:30 PM! If you've been to a WWE Event, you know they open the doors late too. For example if RAW was at 5 PM, they don't open the doors until 4:30 at the earliest. I remember always missing the dark match at 4:45 because there is just too many people trying to get in at the same time. For this case here if you watched on the Youtube stream.. when the Miz came out, there was maybe.. 50-100 people there? It was insulting. Even Jeff Hardy had no fans to high-five on the ramp. So when I read that Miz was furious backstage, good for him. I think he's worked long enough to not be in trouble for yelling at Vince and company backstage.

That Nakamura/Mahal match though? I was so torn on it. I'm on the "Don't Hinder Jinder" train but I wished they would let him win clean for once. It reminds me so much about when Rollins was a heel champ and when Kevin Owens was the Universal Champ. They never let them win clean either which is pretty dumb. It's especially tough for Jinder since he was forced to job for so long. He needs wins (and clean ones) to establish himself. Then we got Shinsuke Nakamura who oozes charisma and should be champion. But to have him get his first ever defeat on the main roster to Jinder? I mean, come on. Vince is just trolling, I swear.

That's all I got for now. Thanks for reading!

ucsdguy1
August 25th, 2017, 11:01 AM
I felt bad for The Miztourage vs Hardy Boyz and Jason Jordan match. It was ridiculous to have them wrestle the first match on the Pre-show. The PPV started at 4 PM our time and their match was at 2:30 PM! If you've been to a WWE Event, you know they open the doors late too. For example if RAW was at 5 PM, they don't open the doors until 4:30 at the earliest. I remember always missing the dark match at 4:45 because there is just too many people trying to get in at the same time. For this case here if you watched on the Youtube stream.. when the Miz came out, there was maybe.. 50-100 people there? It was insulting. Even Jeff Hardy had no fans to high-five on the ramp. So when I read that Miz was furious backstage, good for him. I think he's worked long enough to not be in trouble for yelling at Vince and company backstage.

Did you see him on Raw the following night though? He was classic both about having the pre-show match and Cena/Reigns being guys who are just given opportunity after opportunity. Very strong standing ovation from the crowd that I think even caught him off guard (until he brilliantly threw the "and you all, you don't even know who you're supposed to cheer for")

Oh and Roode's entrance + crowd reaction on Smackdown was fantastic. How long until we surely see Sammy Zayn lose to him?

ucsdguy1
August 26th, 2017, 09:03 PM
I'm watching a true Vegas super fight.

Bret hart vs yokozuna wrestlemania 9.

My god it's hogan! It's hogan!

Undertaker/Giant Gonzalez and Shawn Michaels/Tatanka a solid undercard.

Editor's note: I was at caesars palace for it with my dad - bless him.

TooCool
August 28th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Did you see him on Raw the following night though? He was classic both about having the pre-show match and Cena/Reigns being guys who are just given opportunity after opportunity. Very strong standing ovation from the crowd that I think even caught him off guard (until he brilliantly threw the "and you all, you don't even know who you're supposed to cheer for")

Oh and Roode's entrance + crowd reaction on Smackdown was fantastic. How long until we surely see Sammy Zayn lose to him?

Ah, I saw Miz's promo on Youtube as I don't watch RAW. It was a good one for sure. Unfortunately now I think he's gonna defend the IC Title against Roman at No Mercy... and Roman will take it from him. =\

And as for Roode, I think they're going to give him a face run on Smackdown Live. That should be interesting. And I know you mentioned Sami Zayn but it's almost like they forgot about Mike Kanellis too now. Yikes.

ucsdguy1
August 29th, 2017, 08:34 AM
The Miz vs. Jeff Hardy is a little.....different.

Cena/Reigns interview - was this scripted, a shoot, or a bit of both?
"It's called a promo. you're gonna have to learn to do it if you wanna be the top dog"
"I'm working every monday, tuesday, thursday, friday, saturday while you go hang out on the today show"
"I'm here because you can't do your job"

Or they sold it well.

Sooo over Balor/Wyatt already.

So Sasha got to hold the title for about a week. She is definitely now the one who can't defend. Bliss is so good right now.

TooCool
August 29th, 2017, 09:41 AM
The Miz vs. Jeff Hardy is a little.....different.

Cena/Reigns interview - was this scripted, a shoot, or a bit of both?
"It's called a promo. you're gonna have to learn to do it if you wanna be the top dog"
"I'm working every monday, tuesday, thursday, friday, saturday while you go hang out on the today show"
"I'm here because you can't do your job"

Or they sold it well.

Sooo over Balor/Wyatt already.

So Sasha got to hold the title for about a week. She is definitely now the one who can't defend. Bliss is so good right now.

Dirt sheets said everything Cena/Reigns said was written as planned. But they both did a really good job regardless since it felt real.

Samoa Joe apparently got hurt during a house show against Cena on Saturday, that's why he was a no-show and could be out 4-6 weeks. =x Same for Xavier Woods who also suffered a knee injury at a Smackdown House Show in a Triple Threat tag match against The Usos and Fashion Police. Damn. Sucks for both of them.

I agree, with you on Balor/Wyatt. What's the point of this feud? Regular Balor loses to Bray. But Demon Balor wins. So what now?

And the story of Sasha Banks being unable to defend her title is silly as hell. At this rate, Sasha and/or Charlotte are going to be 20 time Women's Champion before its all over. You could also see Nia Jax stabbing Alexa Bliss in the back a mile away. Does this mean Alexa turns face? I guess it would be wise to finally give Nia Jax a run with the title until Asuka shows up and defeats her.

LetTigerIn
August 29th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Has there ever been a time where they have trashed the reputation of a wrestler on TV, and it resulted in that wrestler becoming way more popular? I can't think of any. That sounds like more of a good way to ruin someone's career.

So, for the good of Sasha, they need to switch gears.

I can't believe how they stubbornly plow ahead on Roman, although I think matching him up against Cena is hilarious. Still, they managed to ruin that already by having them team up twice. The have such a huge, easy lifeline to rehabilitate Roman right now since Rollins and Ambrose are already back together. A real reunion would likely put Roman back on track immediately and correct the damage they have done, at least it seems.

I don't pay attention that well, but am I mistaken in thinking that prior to Rollins' injury that Roman was hugely popular and not polarizing? That's how I remember it at that time, but I hadn't been watching much before that, so I'm not sure.

ucsdguy1
August 29th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Dirt sheets said everything Cena/Reigns said was written as planned. But they both did a really good job regardless since it felt real.

Samoa Joe apparently got hurt during a house show against Cena on Saturday, that's why he was a no-show and could be out 4-6 weeks. =x Same for Xavier Woods who also suffered a knee injury at a Smackdown House Show in a Triple Threat tag match against The Usos and Fashion Police. Damn. Sucks for both of them.

I agree, with you on Balor/Wyatt. What's the point of this feud? Regular Balor loses to Bray. But Demon Balor wins. So what now?

And the story of Sasha Banks being unable to defend her title is silly as hell. At this rate, Sasha and/or Charlotte are going to be 20 time Women's Champion before its all over. You could also see Nia Jax stabbing Alexa Bliss in the back a mile away. Does this mean Alexa turns face? I guess it would be wise to finally give Nia Jax a run with the title until Asuka shows up and defeats her.
Then both Reigns and Cena pulled it off well. I don't think there was one point where Reigns legitimately forgot a line and stopped (which led right into the "it's called a promo"). But either way I like it. Especially as for a good part of the segment there was a guy holding a sign in the background that read something like "Roman's Mic Skills Need Work"

https://twitter.com/JimmyTraina/status/902352621457068034

That sucks for all those guys in tag action.

Bliss has seemingly been getting more cheers lately. I think even though a villain it's a virtue of her performing very well. You hope she at least manages to get a short run with the title (or hold onto it until No Mercy at least!). Will be interesting to see how she responds on Monday. I don't know that Jax has it at this point to take the face role.

So happy day for me, my brother in law will be out of town on the 24th and asked if I would accompany my 8 year old nephew to No Mercy, tickets already paid for. Hooray!

I need sign ideas - so far I have:
"Don't Boo Roman"
"You Deserve It Roman"
"Roman + Cena: There is no heel"
"Roman could have me if he wanted"

Those last two might need some work.

I also will most likely be sporting this unless something better comes my way:

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.7XYRyiSSOpj9bKkyrw6QtgDhEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

ucsdguy1
August 31st, 2017, 08:36 PM
I dare you to watch that heavy machinery finisher from nxt Wednesday!

TooCool
September 5th, 2017, 10:18 AM
I dare you to watch that heavy machinery finisher from nxt Wednesday!

Saw it last night. Yikes! Sucks for the guy on the bottom! :lol: They need to be really careful with that. I remember when the AOP did something like that, they threw one guy's body onto the other guy's head.

ucsdguy1
September 6th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Really nice and touching send off for asuke on nxt tonight

IceWarrior
September 8th, 2017, 11:39 PM
No Mercy should be good.

ucsdguy1
September 12th, 2017, 01:05 PM
oh man did I laugh at Strowman getting right up from brock's suplex last night.

is it just me or is Cena coming off very bully-ish? I'm almost ready for Roman to just punch him in the throat once or twice...

TooCool
September 13th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Man, props to Vince for taking the bumps he did to Kevin Owens last night. However I'll have to say this... was I suppose to feel sympathy for him? This is the same guy who was mainly a bad guy against Stone Cold for so many years. And how he won't get off Roman's jockstrap. So yeah... I didn't feel bad. I do have major respect for him though for being able to take the punishment he did for his age. But then again, he always had my respect there. That man is pretty much a god.

ucsdguy1
September 14th, 2017, 10:37 AM
one more oh did I laught at.......NXT last night: Pete Dunne turning to run back in the ring and save Wolfgang from the adam cole trio, only to just grab his belt and leave.

these UK belt matches are really good

CIrvine
September 17th, 2017, 07:50 PM
RIP Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.
The best manager ever.

TooCool
September 18th, 2017, 08:15 AM
RIP Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.
The best manager ever.

He will be missed. :(

ucsdguy1
September 18th, 2017, 10:47 AM
4:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBM6VVlCeYw

ucsdguy1
September 19th, 2017, 08:38 AM
I really thought Bayley was going to attack Sasha and go heel last night...

TooCool
September 19th, 2017, 09:24 AM
I really thought Bayley was going to attack Sasha and go heel last night...

Pretty sure it'll be the other way around when that eventually happens.

And what's up with Sasha and Bayley attacking Alexa? They're faces. :lol: Alexa just wanted to celebrate with them.

ucsdguy1
September 19th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Pretty sure it'll be the other way around when that eventually happens.

And what's up with Sasha and Bayley attacking Alexa? They're faces. :lol: Alexa just wanted to celebrate with them.
Alexa with no friends anywhere is pretty funny. She's still great.

ucsdguy1
September 19th, 2017, 11:11 AM
ha!

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/9/19/16334234/bully-ray-doesnt-like-cesaro-sheamus-3d-gif-bubba-dudley