PDA

View Full Version : WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

ucsdguy1
September 20th, 2017, 10:00 AM
anyone get a whiff of the crowd chanting "that's too far" during Mahal's segment last night..?

I still love Rusev

Charlotte as a face just seems weird, but I'm also kind of digging it. Ric should come out to celebrate once she wins the title, then leave and let her have the moment.

Lana's "you are a crazy cat lady" line to Natalya had m lol'ing

TooCool
September 20th, 2017, 12:48 PM
anyone get a whiff of the crowd chanting "that's too far" during Mahal's segment last night..?

I still love Rusev

Charlotte as a face just seems weird, but I'm also kind of digging it. Ric should come out to celebrate once she wins the title, then leave and let her have the moment.

Lana's "you are a crazy cat lady" line to Natalya had m lol'ing

I'm not digging the racist route that Vince is having Jinder take. I get what he's saying, when he says the fans will turn on Shinsuke because he's not American. But all these racist jokes? Meh. That's not exactly the best way to try and get someone heat, even if he's a bad guy.

I like your idea about having Ric come out to celebrate with Charlotte when she wins. But storyline wise, didn't Charlotte insult the hell out of her father on RAW? :lol: I guess we can technically forget that. For Ric's sake.

On a side note, I like how they're finally giving Aiden English and Tye Dillinger consistent TV time. Unfortunately, it's at the expense of Sami Zayn. Hell.. even Breezango took a bit of a back seat now. And the return of Shelton Benjamin has been a little pointless with how little he's been used with Chad Gable.

The WWE writing staff sure sucks.

ucsdguy1
September 20th, 2017, 01:12 PM
I like your idea about having Ric come out to celebrate with Charlotte when she wins. But storyline wise, didn't Charlotte insult the hell out of her father on RAW? :lol: I guess we can technically forget that. For Ric's sake.

She did, but last night she basically did an around town face turn anyway.

I was happy Dillinger is getting more time, but poor Zayn I think has been on tv maybe once the past 2 or 3 weeks? Good lord. I will be wearing his shirt sunday in protest.

ucsdguy1
September 20th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Speaking of which

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2734188-ryan-dilberts-10-count-what-on-earth-is-wwe-smackdown-doing-with-sami-zayn

TooCool
September 25th, 2017, 08:37 AM
For those who went to No Mercy, how was it?

I thought the PPV was solid up until the Reigns/Cena match. Then it went downhill fast. I have never been a fan of Super Cena and now I'm certainly not a fan of Super Reigns. As big of a match this one was, I cared none for it if I'm being honest. To see them start slow and then kick out of every finisher possible was the dumbest thing I've seen. Reigns kicking out of 4 AAs? Yeah, okay.

Neville vs Enzo was bad too and this is why 205 Live is struggling. Everything they did in the Cruiserweight Classic that made it awesome, they made sure not to do it on RAW or 205 Live. Giving Enzo the title, I'm actually okay with. As much reports as there have been about him being "hated" backstage, you can tell he is over with the crowd with his catchphrases and mic skills. Giving him a short run with the Cruiserweight title might just work. We all know it won't get new people to tune in regardless but for those who already don't tune in? Maybe they will. Who knows.

Braun vs Brock was extremely flat for me. When it was Brock vs Goldberg, at least we all knew that Goldberg couldn't last more than 5 minutes, which is why his matches were always 1-2 minutes long. I was seriously hoping for them to get 15 minutes in at least and I don't even think it went 8. Once again, putting over the part-timer is a mistake. And it really makes me sad to see Brock hold on to the Universal Title for so long, only so he can drop it to Reigns.

As for the positives, the RAW Tag Title match was insanely good. Great chemistry all around between The Bar and 2/3 Shield. Cesaro getting his teeth kicked in looked disgustingly painful and props to him for working through the whole match with a bloody mouth. I almost wished that Vince told the ref over the headset to let The Bar win the Tag Titles from that alone. That powerbomb that Cesaro did by throwing Rollins on Ambrose off the top turnbuckle was flat out nuts. Definitely the match of the night by far.

My 2nd favorite match was the Fatal Five Way for the RAW Women's Title. All 5 women got a chance to shine and I was happy to see that. Nia Jax got to look like a monster and everyone else did their part. Alexa's new finisher isn't a DDT is it? (Haven't been watching RAW so I wouldn't know.) It was a good match but ended pretty abruptly at the same time. In a way though, I'm glad the title didn't change hands. Way too many title changes with the RAW Women's title. The next change should be when Asuka beats Alexa Bliss.

Miz vs Jason Jordan was a fun opener as well. My only issue is that the post match promo Jordan gave was proof that Vince and the writing staff still don't know their audience. Miz was obviously getting cheered because of his "hometown" and also because people finally realize how awesome he is. Jordan is freaking athletic and he needs to turn heel fast. Have him run with a gimmick where he will use his father to give him all kinds of opportunities. Right now, he's just getting opportunities and failing at everything. That's no fun. He already doesn't get much of a reaction so have people boo him instead.

And last of all... the Balor vs Wyatt match. I'll be honest, I was bored and was didn't pay much attention to this match. They worked hard so I'll give them A for effort but Bray has been booked like a loser time and time again, that no one in the building expected him to beat Finn Balor, even if he was not a demon.

So yeah, No Mercy was solid and mostly fun for me until the last 3 matches. How was it for you guys?

ucsdguy1
September 25th, 2017, 09:32 AM
It was a lot of fun being there. The crowd was pretty fired up right from the Elias serenade preshow (the guy is getting heat). A crap ton of Cena shirts abound walking in, not many Reigns.

Women's match was my highlight of the night, followed by Tag title match. While I wore my Bayley shirt with pride, I think myself and everyone around me knew she had zero chance. Probably about 75/25 cheers vs. boos when she came out, better than I expected. And Jax got a ton of cheers. She and Bliss probably got the most cheers of the match. That powerbomb Nia took onto the floor was nasty - I was about halfway up but thought "yep she landed on her head, that's a concussion". I thought Jax looked good through the match (that 2 women slam off the top turnbuckle much??). She and Bliss have to start an individual feud now. Small tease I guess for a Bayley/Banks feud with each breaking up the other's pinfall, but if that's really the course they could've done much more between them to get it going. Hell I thought even Emma looked decent in spots.

Tag team match - lots of fun. No one realized Cesaro had hit his mouth until we saw blood coming out, about 30 seconds of a doctor checking him out on the floor, and a closeup of his face. End to end action that everyone enjoyed.

Cena/Reigns - Was actually better than I expected, but my expectations were really low. Boos for both, a few "you both suck" chants. However the crowd was mostly behind cena as it went on. Once they did the "bad guy throws a puch, we boo. good guy throws a punch, we cheer" thing, the cheers were on Cena's side. Cena has definitely slowed down, but sometimes crowds can make a match. The reactions were fantastic after all the Reigns kickouts, and a solid joey styles "oh my god" resonating for the spear on the announce table (even though we all knew it was coming). Cena sat in the ring for awhile before saluting and slowly exiting. After next highlight promo package started he came back out for one more salute to the crowd. Looked like a retirement exit or at least an extended layoff (probably considering his post-ppv talk comments). My highlight of this match was my 8 year old nephew who loves both wrestlers repeatedly running out of our seats to the concourse because he couldn't take seeing either of them lose. "I can't watch this!" I probably missed a quarter of the match chasing after him, but comedy on my side with good uncle skills on display.

Miz/Jordan - solid enough. Way more cheers and "lets go miz" chants on his side. At one point he stopped in the middle of a "who's your daddy" chant and looked about to break into hysterics. Crowd did not like the lack of Maryse (get used to it for awhile) Jordan is growing and does have some good in ring skils. He needs serious mic skill work though; that post-match interview did him no favors.

Neville/Enzo - waste of a match not even worth talking about. "Boring" chants immediately. Neville looked disgusted for having to go through it. Complete waste of time that could've been pre-show and/or just eliminated with either extra time given to main event or a shorter card (come on man there are kids and it's a school night).

Speaking of main event - also very disappointed. None of the "heavyweight" theatrics we've seen both guys go through. These are two big dudes, let's see them do some big boy spots. I get Lesnar trying to change tactics and do some moves to wear him down, but made for a very slow moving match. After basically building Strowman up as this monster who jumps back up from major moves and can't be stopped, he was pinned after just one F-5?? I actually thought Strowman looked wobbly the second half the match by which I considered he had a possible injury. But that looks not to be the case from anywhere I've read. (I guess he sold being "worn down" well). The crowd was also decidedly confused. It seemed short and a big letdown. No one wanted to leave as many expected there just had to be something more to occur, followed by massive disappointment.

One other note - my god I haven't been Staples Center in awhile, but how much construction can possibly be going on? 3 of the main lots I used to park in are now gone, and multiple streets blocked off. I ended up having to park in the convention center structure, and took about 45 minutes to get to the freeway as a few of the shortcuts I'm used to were blocked off. Not fun at all.

One other note part 2 - many Bullet Club/Young Bucks/Kenny Omega shirts in the crowd. The internet traffic is a growin.

LetTigerIn
September 25th, 2017, 11:09 AM
You don't need the Internets to see Bullet Club. NJPW is on AXS, and ROH is on NESN, among others!

BTW, ucsdguy1, did you have an Ed O'Neill poster? I thought I saw one at the top of the show.

Oh, and apparently Cesaro did not have his teeth knocked out, but rather knocked in?*they impacted and recessed into his gums. Ouch!

ucsdguy1
September 25th, 2017, 11:57 AM
BTW, ucsdguy1, did you have an Ed O'Neill poster? I thought I saw one at the top of the show.

I did not, but would have liked to have seen it!

also my favorite roman sign of the night:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKiRO9nVAAEkkAn.jpg

don't listen to these fans!

ucsdguy1
September 25th, 2017, 03:17 PM
the rags say Nia Jax vs. Bayley on Raw tonight, which could mean:

(a) Sasha interference backfires causing Bayley to lose
(b) Bliss interferes causing Nia to lose or just a straight DQ

but most likely:

(c) A straight squash once again for Bayley

ucsdguy1
September 26th, 2017, 08:17 AM
I stand corrected

TooCool
September 26th, 2017, 09:17 AM
I stand corrected

The matches they book just lack any kind of creativity. Bayley/Banks vs Jax/Emma. I think anyone who pays attention half the time will automatically know that Emma is going to take the fall and not Nia Jax since they need to protect her. And when WWE loves their 50/50 booking, it's clear that Bayley was going to get the win.

Then you got Goldust vs Finn Balor. It's hard for people to care about it when everyone knows Goldust isn't going to win. Now I'm not saying he should have, but when there is no chance in hell.. it's just not interesting.

And last of all, Matt Hardy & Jason Jordan vs Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas match. Same thing as I mentioned above. When you book The Miztourage like losers, what's the point? Also, if anything they should have won here.. especially if you're teasing The Shield reunion vs The Miztourage for TLC.

I got all that from reading the results for RAW alone.

Oh yeah, I did see the clip of what happened after RAW with Braun Strowman and all the Cruiserweights attacking Enzo. Talk about bullying. Yikes.

ucsdguy1
September 26th, 2017, 10:04 AM
My guess is they're trying to go with no one respects Enzo at all and as he runs is mouth they'll make him pay. What happened with Strowman? I just saw Neville destroy him, but 205 guys block him from running away so Neville could destroy him again.

Goldust/Balor - hopefully this was just a one off match and not a feud because it did nothing for me. Speaking of which, the children singing he's got the whole world in his hands with a quick flash of Wyatt before cutting to commercial. Please tell me that was just Bray's way of showing respect and not a continuation of this feud.

Bayley/Banks - interview before the match had Bayley saying she can't stop thinking about her shoulder injury and plays it over and over in her mind. She then went a little crazy in the match pushing Nia into the turnbuckle on the floor. Sasha gave a quick glance like "what the hell was that". It teased a bit of Bayley going crazy (and a heel turn for her), but I know I'm reading waaaay too much into it. Just another match. At least Bayley got to make a pin?

And do I care much about Mickie and Alexa? That came out of nowhere. The training bra jibe was comical at least. It's no doubt a holdover while Asuka arrives, but I'd rather see her go to an individual set with Nia.

Credit for Ambrose for taking it to Strowman. But seriously after No Mercy the whole aura of Strowman has been cut down tremendously. Kind of funny watching Rollins telling Ambrose to think more before making such decisions, with Dean telling him to think less. So Seth vs. Strowman next week. But....why? get them into another tag feud.

I also thought no doubt the Miztourage would interfere and cause Reigns to lose. Does having Miz take the pin help him in any way?

ucsdguy1
September 26th, 2017, 10:21 AM
edit: i just saw it on youtube with strowman. what the heck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f-gdt9p-k0

LetTigerIn
September 26th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Maybe Goldust is close to stepping away from the ring soon, and he's getting some matches he'd like to have?

TooCool
September 26th, 2017, 11:07 AM
And do I care much about Mickie and Alexa? That came out of nowhere. The training bra jibe was comical at least. It's no doubt a holdover while Asuka arrives, but I'd rather see her go to an individual set with Nia.

That segment was set up on RAW Talk after No Mercy. Alexa talked about how she beat 4 other women and that's why she's the goddess of WWE. Renee asked her what she thought about the other wrestlers like Mickie James, Alicia Fox, and Asuka. Alexa didn't care about Fox and she wasn't worried about Asuka. Then mentioned how she was the one who brought Mickie James back to WWE on Smackdown Live. And it just kinda went from there. I kinda like it. Mickie James is indeed being wasted ever since they moved her to RAW for no reason during the superstar shakeup. At least this gives her something to do until Asuka shows up.

And you might be reading too much into the Bayley situation. =P

ucsdguy1
September 27th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Rusev is a national treasure and should be cherished.

TooCool
September 27th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Rusev is a national treasure and should be cherished.

I really hope they remember to bring this up next year. Sept 26th. Happy Rusev Day!

As for Shinsuke finally coming out to beat Jinder up. About time. It only took him 3 weeks to respond? Way to go writing staff. I know they were trying to kill time in between the PPVs but we need more action.

Also, the crowd popping to Undertaker's music shows how gullible people really can be. Way to go Ziggler! Now he can put over Roode since that's what he does best.

ucsdguy1
September 27th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Seriously everything about Rusev was and is fantastic.

Jinder/Nakamura- BO-RING (did Shinsuke after 3 weeks really need to make his full drawn-out entrance?). Hell in a cell is all about Owens/McMahon, not Jinder/Shinsuke. And Shane-o-mac is gonna get hurt real bad

Ziggler/Roode is interesting in at least Roode comes across as everything Dolph hates.

Zayn gets some air time! Zayn gets some air time! And some good stuff at that. Build him as a guy in which things aren't going his way but will win the right way (eventual showdown with Owens down, down the road). Geezus give the guy more time!

Edit: It is a damn shame wwe.com's shop has no Rusev shirts currently for sale

ucsdguy1
September 29th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Okay thoughts having watched NXT from Wednesday..

1. I'm going to keep pimping Heavy Machinery. They are everything great about the bushwhackers and earthquake/tugboat-typhoon, with a bit of rhyno thrown in. I love it.

2. Strowman and Lars Sullivan could be a deadly tag team down the road. Or hell put them with Rusev and a wrestler to be named later in a Survivor Series match.

ucsdguy1
October 3rd, 2017, 11:30 AM
And sooo.....did wwe forget to give any explanation as to why Bliss and Jax are back together?

Still more Wyatt/Balor??? Do I care who or what sister abigail is? perhaps if Bray comes out with facepaint a la the demon it might make for some kind of show.
I got a great text last night "If Bayley goes goth and turns out to be sister abigail would you pull a Scanners?"

TooCool
October 3rd, 2017, 12:43 PM
And sooo.....did wwe forget to give any explanation as to why Bliss and Jax are back together?

Still more Wyatt/Balor??? Do I care who or what sister abigail is? perhaps if Bray comes out with facepaint a la the demon it might make for some kind of show.
I got a great text last night "If Bayley goes goth and turns out to be sister abigail would you pull a Scanners?"

What I want to know is if Sister Abigail is really alive then whose grave did Orton desecrate? :omg: :lol:

Bliss/Jax being back together makes no sense other than the fact that we know they're good friends in real life.

TLC is looking a bit thin without Brock Lesnar and John Cena.

And The Shield reunion might be the only thing that'll get people to cheer Roman. So it looks like the main event is gonna be Shield vs Miz + The Bar for the IC and Tag Team Championships in a TLC match.

Then we have Alexa Bliss vs. Mickie James for the RAW Women's Title, Enzo vs Kalisto for the Cruiserweight Title, Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt yet again.. and we all know Bray is winning this time around. And last of all we still have Asuka vs ???.

I can see Finn vs Bray in a Chairs match. Then Braun Strowman will need an opponent and he can be in a Tables match, for destruction purposes. And I could see Kalisto vs Enzo in a Ladders match so they can fly. I remember last year, they gave Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch a Tables match and it was a easy way for the heel to get a cheap win, and that was the first time Alexa won the Smackdown Women's Title. So maybe they give the women one of the gimmick matches instead of Balor/Wyatt or Strowman/???.

Hell in a Cell this Sunday... should be fun. Shinsuke Nakamura NEEDS to win the WWE Title this time around. It would be ridiculous of he lost yet again.

ucsdguy1
October 3rd, 2017, 01:19 PM
From what I read WWE is going on a tour in India soon and will lost likely want Jinder to remain champion for it?

Funny how it'll be Shield vs. Miz/Seamus/Cesaro. Guess Bo and Curtis weren't a big enough entourage to warrant the shield reunion...

LetTigerIn
October 3rd, 2017, 01:27 PM
If Wyatt and Balor have a chairs match, it should be rocking chairs.

ucsdguy1
October 3rd, 2017, 01:28 PM
Unless.....after the fact Miz/Seamus/Cesaro is the new Miztourage. Bo and Curtis upon learning this getting utterly destroyed by all three, setting up a side feud there?

I should be a wwe writer

ucsdguy1
October 4th, 2017, 10:15 AM
They made shane/owens hell in a cell match a falls count anywhere match? Doesn't that negate a big part of the cell, or does this imply Shane once again will take a major bump to the outside floor and get pinned?

TooCool
October 4th, 2017, 01:27 PM
They made shane/owens hell in a cell match a falls count anywhere match? Doesn't that negate a big part of the cell, or does this imply Shane once again will take a major bump to the outside floor and get pinned?

I like the concept. I mean, they have to start inside the cell anyway and people always like it when they go outside the cell, especially to the top. So making it Falls Count Anywhere means that someone can pin the other guy when they crash through the announce table or hell, the stage. :)

Plus I guess it gives it a different "feel" since The Usos and New Day are fighting inside Hell in a Cell too and that has to be settled in the ring. It sounds silly though that one New Day member (most likely Woods if he's still injured) has to stay outside the cell. He can technically interfere all he wants too since it's no disqualification.. but then again, they're faces so they won't.

Jinder got the last laugh on Shinsuke last night.. does this mean Shinsuke wins the WWE Title? I know you mentioned that they're going to India too.. they could always have Jinder win it back over there. That would be cool for their fans.

Corbin also lost last night so maybe he wins on Sunday. They do need to get the US Title off of AJ Styles if they're going to move him back into the WWE Title picture.

CIrvine
October 5th, 2017, 11:31 AM
What I want to know is if Sister Abigail is really alive then whose grave did Orton desecrate? :omg: :lol:

Bliss/Jax being back together makes no sense other than the fact that we know they're good friends in real life.

TLC is looking a bit thin without Brock Lesnar and John Cena.

And The Shield reunion might be the only thing that'll get people to cheer Roman. So it looks like the main event is gonna be Shield vs Miz + The Bar for the IC and Tag Team Championships in a TLC match.

Then we have Alexa Bliss vs. Mickie James for the RAW Women's Title, Enzo vs Kalisto for the Cruiserweight Title, Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt yet again.. and we all know Bray is winning this time around. And last of all we still have Asuka vs ???.

I can see Finn vs Bray in a Chairs match. Then Braun Strowman will need an opponent and he can be in a Tables match, for destruction purposes. And I could see Kalisto vs Enzo in a Ladders match so they can fly. I remember last year, they gave Alexa Bliss and Becky Lynch a Tables match and it was a easy way for the heel to get a cheap win, and that was the first time Alexa won the Smackdown Women's Title. So maybe they give the women one of the gimmick matches instead of Balor/Wyatt or Strowman/???.

Hell in a Cell this Sunday... should be fun. Shinsuke Nakamura NEEDS to win the WWE Title this time around. It would be ridiculous of he lost yet again.
Katie Vick?

ucsdguy1
October 5th, 2017, 11:58 AM
wwe is bringing back Wargames from the wcw era. It's going to be at the NXT: Takeover before Survivors Series.

Considering NXT puts on really good ppv matches, I'm down with this.

TooCool
October 8th, 2017, 09:29 PM
What a PPV Hell in a Cell was.

New Day vs Usos - That match was bat **** insane. I've already said in the past but I love Tornado tag team wrestling. It's just way more action compared to a regular tag team match. What I especially loved about this match is that they quickly went for weapons. These two teams have such great chemistry and are great friends with each other in real life that they're able to go nuts on each other. I think this match went 30 minutes and it was destruction all over the place. I thought their Summerslam pre-show match stole the show but man, this might easily be the match of the year.

Randy Orton vs Rusev - Probably the only match I didn't give a crap about. I did like the "Happy Rusev Day" sign from the guy in the front row just as Rusev passed by. But Orton as a face is boring. Rusev being the Bulgarian brute guy has ran its course.

Triple Threat Match for the US Title - When they added Tye Dillinger to the US Title match as a Triple Threat, you know that means AJ is losing it because WWE loves that predictable "Let's have the champ lose without getting pinned" story. The match itself was great though. The pacing was maybe a little slow to start but the three of them put on a really fun match.

Women's Championship Match - Pretty solid match from these two. Charlotte was really selling the leg injury for most of it. Not a fan of DQ finishes in general but there was no way for Nattie to lose the Women's title so quickly either.

WWE Championship Match - Standard match. One thing I do have to say is that I'm happy they finally let Jinder Mahal win cleanly here. The only bad thing is that Shinsuke Nakamura, the guy who is extremely over with the crowd had to suffer two losses to Jinder. Like I've said before, I'm on the "don't hinder Jinder" train, but at the same time.. these losses hurt Shinsuke a lot moving forward.

Bobby Roode vs Dolph Ziggler - So Ziggler's elaborate entrance is... he's a jobber. No entrance music instead. :lol: One interesting thing to note is that he's wrestling a more "boring" style too. Less flash, lots of sleeper holds, and lots of stalling. I'm not exactly sure if that will get Ziggler to develop his character any better though. Roode winning the match by grabbing the tights was interesting as he was only doing it since Ziggler did it. It wasn't a statement win, so the feud continues...

Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens Hell in a Cell Match - Great match. Shane is really something else. The punches he threw in the beginning looked really bad and probably not best to do it up close next to the cameraman and fans. This match was all about destruction and I had to stop eating dinner when they were at the top of the cell. Obviously in the PG era, they're not going to do anything insane like Mankind/Undertaker but at the same time I can't help but fear for their safety. Owens took a bump off the side of the cell (only like 10 feet up compared to 20 from the top), so it wasn't as impressive. But then Shane climbed all the way to the top to try and deliver an elbow drop? That's nuts. What I really didn't expect though, was Sami Zayn turning heel. Now that was awesome.

It's one thing to save your former best friend from Shane killing you. But he also dragged Owens over Shane's body and forced the ref to count to 3. That has been missing from PPVs lately, the question of "WHY?!" to get people to tune in to Smackdown or RAW. Now I'm stoked for Smackdown Live on Tuesday. So yeah, great PPV from top to bottom. I thoroughly enjoyed it as opposed to No Mercy when it started off great, and then the last 3 matches were crap.

ucsdguy1
October 9th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Yep pretty good ppv.

I liked the idea of Ownes just about to jump off the cell onto McMahon, but couldn't quite get the nerve up to do it. The fighting on top of the cel was tense. I didn't see the Zayn heel turn coming. If anything I agree it would have been to save Owens from getting killed by Shane's elbow. Lots of possibilities here. I may or may not be wearing my Sami Zayn shirt at work today...

Shinsuke/Jinder - I get it. They want Jinder to retain, but this match was bo-ring. and I agree the clean loss hurts Nakamura a lot.

So does the Usos/New Day rivalry keep going, or was this it? Brutal match. wouldn't want my kid watching this one (I liked the "we want TV-14" sign in the crowd).

ucsdguy1
October 10th, 2017, 08:44 AM
While the fatal 5 way is seemingly just setting someone up to be destroyed by Asuke, not fun to see Bayley destroyed AGAIN.

Bray Wyatt is so BO-RING. The weird voice did nothing for me, I don't care about sister abigail being some demon spirit. Give Finn something else.

Uh, good for Kalisto?

TooCool
October 10th, 2017, 10:27 AM
While the fatal 5 way is seemingly just setting someone up to be destroyed by Asuke, not fun to see Bayley destroyed AGAIN.

Bray Wyatt is so BO-RING. The weird voice did nothing for me, I don't care about sister abigail being some demon spirit. Give Finn something else.

Uh, good for Kalisto?

Unfortunately, it looks like Kalisto win was only because it was Eddie Guerrero's birthday last night. It's very similar to when Rey Mysterio won the World Heavyweight Championship AFTER Eddie passed. Nothing against Kalisto and Rey, but I do hate how they're only "successful" because of Eddie's legacy. But that's just how it works sometimes.

Story line wise, I think they had no choice. The writers backed themselves into a corner with Enzo's clause and how no one can face him for the Cruiserweight title. Now that Kalisto is champ, everyone can fight for it again. I really hope they have a 8 man ladder match at TLC for the Cruiserweight Title though. That's what the division really needs.

As for the rest of RAW. I didn't watch it. Only read the results so not much to comment. =x

ucsdguy1
October 10th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Unfortunately, it looks like Kalisto win was only because it was Eddie Guerrero's birthday last night. It's very similar to when Rey Mysterio won the World Heavyweight Championship AFTER Eddie passed. Nothing against Kalisto and Rey, but I do hate how they're only "successful" because of Eddie's legacy. But that's just how it works sometimes.

Story line wise, I think they had no choice. The writers backed themselves into a corner with Enzo's clause and how no one can face him for the Cruiserweight title. Now that Kalisto is champ, everyone can fight for it again. I really hope they have a 8 man ladder match at TLC for the Cruiserweight Title though. That's what the division really needs.

As for the rest of RAW. I didn't watch it. Only read the results so not much to comment. =x
My only other thought - the Shield reunion was somewhat fun (amazing how fast they each had Shield t-shirts on). The crowd was super into it. The whole thing seems a little rushed though. You'd think it'd take more than Miz and Seamus/Cesaro simultaneously attacking after 1 week to bring upon the reunion. Yes the Miz is brilliant on the mic and can get a lot out of this, I just don't think the emotional impact is quite there.

Also, because they attacked Strowman it automatically becomes a 4 on 3 match?

ucsdguy1
October 11th, 2017, 09:02 AM
I was VERY hazy watching last night as the US soccer game led me to copious amounts of whiskey, but I think I love Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. I think I don't love Styles losing cleanly to Corbin but am surprised they had the balls to do it. I think I love the Usos and New Day showing respect to each other. I think I don't love the Usos mic skills. I think I liked Uso/New Day ripping the rest of the tag teams, but stopping to point out Breezango were cool.

TooCool
October 11th, 2017, 03:33 PM
I was VERY hazy watching last night as the US soccer game led me to copious amounts of whiskey, but I think I love Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. I think I don't love Styles losing cleanly to Corbin but am surprised they had the balls to do it. I think I love the Usos and New Day showing respect to each other. I think I don't love the Usos mic skills. I think I liked Uso/New Day ripping the rest of the tag teams, but stopping to point out Breezango were cool.

Hazy huh... :lol:

Zayn and Owens had a great promo. I can see them teaming up as a Survivor Series team next month. What I find baffling is that the writers didn't have Daniel Bryan chime in on the situation. Does he not give a **** about Shane? And he has said that he wanted Sami Zayn on Smackdown ever since the brand split. But storyline wise, at least it's mentioned but Sami is blaming Shane instead. Whatever works!

AJ Styles losing clean to Corbin is good. I think that means his next feud will be against Jinder Mahal although people are going to stay mad when Jinder retains... I really think at this rate, Jinder will hold it until Wrestlemania so he can finally drop it to Cena of all people. This allows Cena to break Flair's record at Wrestlemania.

Usos have really improved on the mic, so you should love their mic skills. I will say however that Jimmy is waaay better on the mic compared to Jey. Maybe it's because Jey's voice kinda cracks when tries to yell. New Day telling The Usos that Breezango are cool was hilarious. I also love how the Fashion Files made the Fashion Police one of the fan favorites. Remember the videos with Slater and Rhyno? I can't believe WWE doesn't understand that videos like that are unique and gets them over. Now they're rotting on RAW.

And one last note on the Fashion Files.. the 2B case that is re-opened. And yesterday we finally got a video package of Harper and Rowan and now they're known as the Bludgeon Brothers. 2B? I like the continuity there.

TooCool
October 11th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Also, because they attacked Strowman it automatically becomes a 4 on 3 match?

Oh yeah, I read in the results that Ambrose was saying how the Shield will take on anyone. Doesn't matter if it's 4, 5, or 6 people. So Miz used that to his advantage and recruited Braun for the match. Plus, Braun has no storyline right now... =x

ucsdguy1
October 11th, 2017, 04:39 PM
And one last note on the Fashion Files.. the 2B case that is re-opened. And yesterday we finally got a video package of Harper and Rowan and now they're known as the Bludgeon Brothers. 2B? I like the continuity there.
I do remember that. I thought it was a joke promo and Luke was going to start laughing. It came off incredibly cheesy, but those guys could do some damage as a tag team.

ucsdguy1
October 17th, 2017, 08:29 AM
quote JR: "my god, my god, they turned finn balor into a candy corn. words can't describe what we are seeing here". Nope not even worth a JR run. Seriously, I dislike just about everything in this storyline, and they managed to ruin the demon gimmick in one swoop.

Kane? Well uh, I guess that was unexpected. I'm assuming he's going to want revenge for Reigns ending his brother's career? This seemed awfully quick after the shield's reunion. Why not save for Survivor Series, or have Miz tease a mystery 5th partner show up at TLC. And seriously, a 5th partner that Miz supposedly already had planned but didn't know there would be a 5th partner until Dean opened his mouth at the show's start?

TooCool
October 17th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Kane? Well uh, I guess that was unexpected. I'm assuming he's going to want revenge for Reigns ending his brother's career? This seemed awfully quick after the shield's reunion. Why not save for Survivor Series, or have Miz tease a mystery 5th partner show up at TLC. And seriously, a 5th partner that Miz supposedly already had planned but didn't know there would be a 5th partner until Dean opened his mouth at the show's start?

I'm pretty sure Dean mentioned that the Shield could take on 3, 4, 5 guys last week. (Though I'm only going off of Youtube clips so I could be remembering wrong.) I think that's why Miz was able to add Strowman to the match because he told Kurt that Dean mentioned he can take on more than 3 people. That's probably why they added a 5th.

Kane showing up was an interesting surprise... even though he is suppose to be on Smackdown. So suddenly he's a free agent too? Okay then. Just another case of Vince wanting RAW to succeed more by putting whoever he wants on that show. Seriously, this is why the brand extension didn't work in the first place. Too many rules were broken.

Overall, the TLC cards looks pretty terrible. =o

So they're NOT going with a Ladder Match, Chairs Match, and Tables match. That's a missed opportunity. Why have a TLC PPV and only have one match be TLC? The point of gimmick PPVs is to have gimmick matches. So this just means that they're going to use A LOT of TLC during the main event. The rest of the card.. where do I begin?

Kalisto vs Enzo for the Cruiserweight Title - Plain 1 on 1 match is weak.

Jack Gallagher & Brian Kendrick vs Cedric Alexander & Rich Swann - Basic tag match? Are you serious? Why?

Asuka vs Emma - Love Asuka but this match is likely going to end in like a minute.

Demon vs Sister Abigail - The feud that never ends. Balor won as a Demon and as regular Balor. So there is no way he wins here right? They *have* to have Bray win. At the same time, I believe Finn is suppose to be the next in line to be fed to Lesnar, so maybe he wins again and finally moves on from this feud.

Alexa Bliss vs Mickie James for the RAW Women's Title - I can only see Mickie James winning here so she can be a 7 time Women's Champion. And this way, she can also drop the title to Asuka down the line so Alexa Bliss doesn't look bad in future matches. That and we all know how often the RAW Women's Title changes hands. But at the same time, it doesn't surprise me if Alexa retains again.

Sasha Banks vs Alicia Fox - Boring.

So the Universal Title, IC Title, and RAW Tag Team Titles are NOT on the line at a PPV. Just the Women and Cruiserweight... that's not smart booking.

ucsdguy1
October 18th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Zayn going off on Bryan was pretty good. I'm still not sure who he and Owens will feud with (one on one or together), but definitely got off more on his current psyche.

Breezango/Ascension = brilliant.

Jinder laying out a challenge to Lesnar while AJ starting a feud with him at the same time feels disjointed. Does Lesnar squash him? Can he have two feuds at once?

TooCool
October 18th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Zayn going off on Bryan was pretty good. I'm still not sure who he and Owens will feud with (one on one or together), but definitely got off more on his current psyche.

Breezango/Ascension = brilliant.

Jinder laying out a challenge to Lesnar while AJ starting a feud with him at the same time feels disjointed. Does Lesnar squash him? Can he have two feuds at once?

Loved the promo between Zayn, Owens, and Bryan. It's funny that Sami still has his happy go lucky music even though he's a heel. I wonder if they'll give him new music soon. The only thing I see about the pairing between Owens and Zayn is that they're going to be teaming up in the Survivor Series elimination match. There's no way they'll go for the Tag Titles (although they could I suppose). But you're right.. who do they feud with now? Orton and Nakamura have nothing going on.

Jinder challenging Brock is interesting although I think it'll be a 5 on 5 Elimination match. There's nothing for either one to gain by having them go 1 on 1 in a non-title match. If Jinder wins, Brock looks REALLY bad. If Brock squashes Jinder, it makes the WWE Title look like a joke. Smackdown doesn't have a PPV until Survivor Series, so they can do a slow build between AJ Styles and Jinder Mahal until the Smackdown PPV (Clash of Champions) in December. Next week we'll see AJ vs Sunil Singh. Then probably the week after it'll be AJ vs Samir Singh. Then they'll face them in a Handicap match.. lol.

Breezango and Ascension are great together. At least this will get the crowd to like the Ascension :)

What do you think of Gable/Benjamin? I feel like they're too much like American Alpha. Same personality and gimmick really...

And WWE seems to keep forgetting about Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley being pissed at each other. There's just not enough TV time for everyone.

ucsdguy1
October 18th, 2017, 01:15 PM
My first thought was Zayn needs new music. But, I may have changed my mind. His coming out to the same music with the same dance feeds into the persona of "I'm still the same Sami, just smarter and uncaring what fans think". Plus I just love his theme song.

Was it just me or do the Ascension show really great comedic timing? There is potential there.

And have they really done a fantastic job of killing the Nakamura aura? For building him up as this potential superstar at the beginning they sure have crushed his credibility star power. He pretty much has nothing going on. I fear Asuka may suffer the same fate.

I'm not a huge fan of Gable/Benjamin. I didn't quite get why they broke up American Alpha. They were the new Steiner Brothers! Totally agree it's pretty much the same gimmick. Benjamin (or the writing for him) has done nothing to get me to care. The segment with Usos last night was cringeworthy.

Until you said that I forgot about Ryder and Rawley too.

LetTigerIn
October 18th, 2017, 01:50 PM
I also think that Zayn should keep the same music. Maybe the Universe will see fit to give him a "You Suck!" (or worse) instead of "Let's Go!" And Sami could dance around anyway. That would be pretty funny.

I don't think Gable and Benjamin are too similar to American Alpha; I think they're too similar to WGTT. :P

Incidentally, I also believe they need to drop some of the PPV gimmicks, specifically TLC and Hell in a Cell. These just lead to them arbitrarily having to book those gimmick matches. It would be better if those kinds of matches grew organically out of a feud and could pop up any time during the year.

Also, they should not be so concerned that everyone needs to have some kind of current story and just be okay with having some fights between people with different personalities and styles. As you guys note, having some friction between Mojo and Ryder is not necessarily even giving them TV time, so why do it? They are a fun team.

While I'm griping about things, there should be more managers, too.

And I know someone probably would like to do a nice chain match, although that probably is a no-no in family-friendly mode.

Okay, I was rambling again?

ucsdguy1
October 19th, 2017, 10:19 AM
huh?

The night before NXT TakeOver: War Games in Houston, Drew McIntyre will defend the NXT title against Adam Cole with Shawn Michaels as the special guest referee, at an NXT Live event in San Antonio.
Tim Fiorvanti, ESPN.com

http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/standard_v1/90155d96-6e17-4529-85ff-658c068e70a3.jpg

TooCool
October 19th, 2017, 01:11 PM
huh?

http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/standard_v1/90155d96-6e17-4529-85ff-658c068e70a3.jpg

HBK as special guest ref? WTF. That's random as hell.. but then again I'm like 3 episodes behind on NXT.

Edit: Never mind. Re-read it and it's for a house show. Maybe it's a way to sell tickets but I highly doubt there will be a title change the night before Takeover.

ucsdguy1
October 19th, 2017, 01:32 PM
HBK as special guest ref? WTF. That's random as hell.. but then again I'm like 3 episodes behind on NXT.

Edit: Never mind. Re-read it and it's for a house show. Maybe it's a way to sell tickets but I highly doubt there will be a title change the night before Takeover.
I'm caught up on NXT and this has no relationship to anything that has gone on the past few shows. Last night was pretty much a setup for Wargames between Undisputed, Sanity, and ______ (won't spoil if you haven't watched), and a feud with McIntyre and Almas.

ucsdguy1
October 20th, 2017, 02:00 PM
wow

Those rumors and reports about medical issues hitting WWE and keeping wrestlers like Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt out of action appear to be true after all. But those two aren’t the only wrestlers affected.

The issue has become bad enough that Roman Reigns has been pulled from the upcoming TLC event scheduled for this Sun., Oct. 22, 2017, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. In a big shock, WWE has decided to replace him with none other than current Raw General Manager Kurt Angle.

The rest of the participants in that match (Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins on one side, Braun Strowman, Kane, The Miz, Cesaro, and Sheamus on the other) will remain in place.

Elsewhere, Wyatt has been pulled from the card and replaced by SmackDown Live’s AJ Styles, who will wrestle Finn Balor for the first time in WWE.

No other changes have been announced for the card but with sickness going around, there’s no telling what else might happen.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/10/20/16511522/kurt-angle-wwe-return-wrestling-tlc-2017-aj-styles-medical-issues

TooCool
October 20th, 2017, 03:36 PM
That's some crazy ****! I'm now stoked for the PPV :lol:

It's definitely nuts to have Kurt Angle make his in-ring return in a TLC match of all matches. Realistically, if you're going to have him make a WWE return in-ring, it would be at Wrestlemania. But at least this will immediately get people watching. It's one thing to return for a regular match but a TLC match? Ouch! I wonder if they'll go easy on him when it comes to getting hit with a weapon. Seth and Dean should definitely take the majority of the punishment.

Bray Wyatt being replaced by AJ Styles? Hell yeah. No story behind this one but if they get 20-25 minutes we just might get a match of the year kind of material.

ucsdguy1
October 20th, 2017, 07:59 PM
I was going to say.....suddenly I’m interested in the balor match!

TooCool
October 23rd, 2017, 08:39 AM
That Balor/Styles match was a lot of fun. I suppose the right person won since it's a RAW PPV. Maybe they can do Styles/Balor II at Survivor Series since it's going to be Smackdown vs RAW anyway? That could be fun.

Angle and 2/3 Shield vs Miz, The Bar, Strowman, and Kane was a lot of fun too. Strangely enough, it wasn't as chaotic as I'd hope it would be. We only got 1 ladder spot which was Rollins and Ambrose jumping off of it onto Kane and Strowman respectively on the announce table. But it felt like 80% of the match revolved around chair shots only. Ambrose did take 2 table bumps that looked brutal because they table didn't break. But overall, it was a bunch of nonsense in a good way. Angle looks great in the ring, even if he looks silly in The Shield attire. Plus, we got a Kane vs Strowman storyline out of that match.

The rest of the card was downright boring though.

- 3 segments of Elias trying to sing? Normally he's pretty entertaining but last night he wasn't really singing. All he did was stall and I understand that's the heel thing to do. But I don't know.. it just felt like a waste of time and then they had an impromptu Jason Jordan vs Elias match with Jordan "stealing" a win.

- Asuka beating Emma was expected but even this didn't excite me. Is it because we already know what to expect of Asuka after seeing her in NXT that long? Or maybe deep down I know Vince is going to book her they same way he books Shinsuke Nakamura. :( All I can say is that I'm surprised they gave Emma that much offense. If that's a start of her push, then great. Otherwise, Asuka should have squashed her.

- Alexa Bliss retaining over Mickie James was alright. Mickie carried that match and that's what a veteran does. Alexa is slowly getting better in the ring so that's good to see. They both worked hard here but the story line going into this match didn't interest me at all.

- Cruiserweight Tag Team Match I didn't care for. I think they really botched the Cruiserweight Division. For so long it was only Neville vs ____. The rest of them were booked poorly. So when you try to have a story for this, which I appreciate, I couldn't get into it. I'm happy to see that the crowd was still kinda hot for it though. Those are 4 really talented wrestlers in the match so props to them for putting on a show.

- Enzo winning the Cruiserweight Title back. Boring match. So Enzo has cheated twice to become a 2 time Cruiserweight Champion. Okay then. =o

So to sum it up. Loved 2 matches and didn't care for the rest. Thank goodness for AJ Styles because another Balor/Wyatt match would have been terrible.

ucsdguy1
October 23rd, 2017, 10:16 AM
I admit I didn't get to see any of the PPV. I have to go back and watch Styles/Balor at some point

ucsdguy1
October 24th, 2017, 09:46 AM
somebody want to explain after a magnificent match with Styles why Finn Balor was just SERVED UP ON A PLATE TO GET KANE OVER???

Also, I was not a big fan of the Smackdown gang style format.

TooCool
October 24th, 2017, 10:50 AM
somebody want to explain after a magnificent match with Styles why Finn Balor was just SERVED UP ON A PLATE TO GET KANE OVER???

Also, I was not a big fan of the Smackdown gang style format.

:lol:

Yeah, I'm not sure about them using Balor to put Kane over. I think they're trying to build Kane up like a monster again so Braun can retire him. This way when Roman brags about retiring Undertaker, Braun can brag about retiring Kane. Either that or Vince is dumb again.

The Smackdown invasion was interesting. That's the fun part about the brand split for me. One thing to note is that they did this right before Kurt Angle announced the 5 men representing RAW. So it's obviously going to be all those who weren't attacked. And of course, the key point is that the Smackdown guys pretty much only attacked jobbers and midcarders backstage with the exception of Dean and Seth. It's a good plan, knowing that guys like Braun, Roman, and Bray aren't around to help. Also makes you wonder where Miz was hiding. :)

Asuka not being there I get. It would make no sense for her to get beat up by anyone. Lesnar not being there is expected since he probably already left the arena.

I also like how Chad Gable went after Jason Jordan immediately. That was cool to see. Same with Carmella going after Bayley since they're best friends in real life. Fun little touches really. And I also like how Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn wasn't there because they're both against Shane so there is no way they'd march with him. What I didn't like though is seeing guys like Ziggler and Roode high-five each other because they totally forgot they were feuding with each other right?

So tonight on Smackdown, will RAW do the same? I hope they don't. That's way too predictable. We still have weeks to go until Survivor Series. They should drag it out for a few weeks.

ucsdguy1
October 25th, 2017, 10:00 AM
I found Smackdown to be a bit blah.

I get Gable/Benjamin winning to set up their cred for a fued with the Usos, and credit New Day for putting them over. But, it seemed a bit to easy for New Day to just, lose. And where do they go from here?

Zayn losing to Orton? Wait.....shouldn't that be a type of match he wins nowadays. I would think it would be interesting to have Bryan/Shane reluctantly have to include Zayn and Owens on the Smackdown Survivor Series team. Let alone continue Zayn's push. Owens gets Nakamura next week for another spot. Perhaps they'll have him lose as well, and the two bff's will start a rampage of sorts for being excluded.

Ascension = so good with breezango

I like Becky Lynch so good to see her win to captain the women's team. Unclear how they progress from here, but yay lass.

Did like the interaction between Shane and Bryan, as to Bryan not cool with how Shane and co acted. Sets it up for being on his head when Raw retaliates. Oh and with the whole AJ as a secret agent man thing, did we notice AJ had gear on with a bunch of red?

Rumors today say Lesnar/Jinder may have a special guest referee to come.

LetTigerIn
October 25th, 2017, 03:36 PM

RoH is running San Antonio on the same night.

ucsdguy1
October 31st, 2017, 08:25 AM
So.........good to see Nia Jax back, but only to see Bayley get squashed once again.

Balor has a nice comeback after the wtf destruction by Kane in beating Cesaro, only to once again be part of the wtf destruction by Kane.

Highlight - Samoa Joe getting a massive pop from the crowd, and after all the "joe joe joe" chants telling everyone he could care less about them. Solid.

I think I fell asleep through most of the Strowman stuff.

TooCool
October 31st, 2017, 09:20 AM
So.........good to see Nia Jax back, but only to see Bayley get squashed once again.

Balor has a nice comeback after the wtf destruction by Kane in beating Cesaro, only to once again be part of the wtf destruction by Kane.

Highlight - Samoa Joe getting a massive pop from the crowd, and after all the "joe joe joe" chants telling everyone he could care less about them. Solid.

I think I fell asleep through most of the Strowman stuff.

I caught the end of RAW only. So Alexa Bliss beats Mickie James with a punch? I mean seriously, that's it? Just a punch? I mean I guess it beats the stupid rollup finish they use in 50% of the women's matches but still. Meh.

Strowman coming out of the garbage truck was stupid for many reasons...

#1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) - The garbage truck is a completely different color.
#2 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) - When he got tossed in there, it was in Minnesota. They were in Baltimore last night.
#3 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3) - Are we suppose to believe that he was in there for 8 days?

I know it's wrestling and suppose to be corny at times but I don't know.. that just bugged the hell out of me.

ucsdguy1
October 31st, 2017, 09:51 AM
you did miss daniel bryan showing up to speak to kurt angle. "Shane doesn't even know I'm here" (uh you're on tv dude). Only to have the lights go out and seemingly get choke slammed by Kane (but we didn't see it)

CIrvine
November 6th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Tomorrow on ESPN's 30 for 30 is about Ric Flair.

ucsdguy1
November 7th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Bayley got one of the best reactions in a long time from the england crowd, and once again they use her as a squash to get Banks the win. If anything, Banks joins team Raw and Bayley is on the outside looking in looking devastated. Please do something to play this into somewhat of a storyline.

So....that tag team title reign didn't last long! Okay, so surely this sets up Shield vs. New Day. And surely that Shield momentum has slowly gone the way of the buffalo.

As cool as it was to see Pete Dunne on Raw, after watching the UK tourney and his matches on NXT, he is soooooo much better than the crap with enzo we were treated to last night.

Joe vs. Balor - really good for Raw. Please let these guys have a couple of 20-30+ minute matches after survivor series.

TooCool
November 7th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Bayley got one of the best reactions in a long time from the england crowd, and once again they use her as a squash to get Banks the win. If anything, Banks joins team Raw and Bayley is on the outside looking in looking devastated. Please do something to play this into somewhat of a storyline.

So....that tag team title reign didn't last long! Okay, so surely this sets up Shield vs. New Day. And surely that Shield momentum has slowly gone the way of the buffalo.

As cool as it was to see Pete Dunne on Raw, after watching the UK tourney and his matches on NXT, he is soooooo much better than the crap with enzo we were treated to last night.

Joe vs. Balor - really good for Raw. Please let these guys have a couple of 20-30+ minute matches after survivor series.

Read the spoilers and saw some highlights on Youtube.

Bayley gets treated right in England. :) They still have one more week to build for SS. Kind of funny how Bayley hasn't been chosen yet but it's not like they're stacked with Women to choose from. Right now it's Alicia Fox, Nia Jax, Sasha Banks, and Asuka. They can't put Alexa Bliss there since she has a match with Natalya. So all that's left is Mickie James, Dana Brooke, and Bayley. :lol: So like you said, hopefully they can build a story around that. Oh yeah, they also have Paige who should return any day now. Last I heard it was still suppose to be on Smackdown, but they did release Emma and Summer Rae.. so maybe RAW needs Paige.

New Day setting up a feud with The Shield is interesting. At least this gives both teams a match at Survivor Series. I'm still surprised they didn't book a multi-tag team elimination match. So many Tag Teams are left off the card.

And I agree with you on Pete Dunne. It was good to debut him on RAW in front of the UK Crowd. But the story they told was bad. Enzo only "lost" because he was too concerned with Kalisto being at ring side. It definitely took away from Pete Dunne.

ucsdguy1
November 7th, 2017, 02:42 PM
I just accidentally cliked a website and read a spoiler for the smackdown taping tonight. And golly gee it's a pretty damn big spoiler

TooCool
November 8th, 2017, 09:33 AM
I just accidentally cliked a website and read a spoiler for the smackdown taping tonight. And golly gee it's a pretty damn big spoiler

Dayum they actually gave the title to AJ Styles. I wonder if they needed to sell Survivor Series or something. Does this mean Jinder gets a spot on Team Smackdown since Rusev still lost to Orton? I can't see them leaving Jinder off the card just 2 weeks after he lost the WWE Title. In a way it sucks because that means AJ Styles will get fed to the part timer in Brock Lesnar. But they could always have Jinder interfere and cost Styles the match against Lesnar so Styles doesn't look weak in the loss. (I can't stop Fantasy booking!)

When are they going to India again? December? Maybe Jinder actually becomes a 2x WWE Champion when he wins it over there.

TooCool
November 8th, 2017, 10:02 AM
And they just announced that John Cena is the last member of Team Smackdown since he was suppose to be a guest ref for Lesnar/Mahal. Now I guess Lesnar/Styles has no guest ref in that match.

ucsdguy1
November 8th, 2017, 12:10 PM
And they just announced that John Cena is the last member of Team Smackdown since he was suppose to be a guest ref for Lesnar/Mahal. Now I guess Lesnar/Styles has no guest ref in that match.
really? Where the heck did that come from?

I had just assumed Jinder would interfere in Styles/Lesnar causing him to lose, exactly as you said.

ucsdguy1
November 8th, 2017, 05:37 PM
interesting water cooler talk

WWE sent Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn home from the company's United Kingdom tour, Pro Wrestling Sheet's Ryan Satin reported Wednesday.

According to Satin, the exact reason for Owens and Zayn's abrupt departure is unclear, but WWE removed them from the tour "as some sort of disciplinary move."

Sports Illustrated's Justin Barrasso reported WWE chairman Vince McMahon approved sending Zayn and Owens home and that the pair of wrestlers were guilty of "conduct deemed detrimental to the WWE." Barrasso spoke to sources who said the wrestlers were "going into business for themselves" during SmackDown Live on Tuesday night.

Satin followed up with a similar report, adding that sources said Owens and Zayn were supposed to be on the receiving end of a post-match attack from The New Day. Instead, they left the ring, which caused confusion for The New Day and WWE's production crew.

Zayn lost a singles match to Kofi Kingston. Owens attacked Kingston after the match before he and Zayn made a hasty exit.

Satin also spoke to sources who said Zayn and Owens "have been slightly difficult to work with lately and seem unhappy backstage."

Once bitter enemies, Zayn and Owens moved past their differences after Zayn aided Owens in his victory over Shane McMahon at Hell in a Cell on Oct. 8.

Zayn pulled Owens off the announce table as McMahon was falling off the top of the cell. Zayn then put Owens on top of McMahon and demanded the referee count the pinfall.

Zayn and Owens have yet to be added to the Survivor Series card. Owens lost to Shinsuke Nakamura in a match where the winner was added to Team SmackDown Live in the five-on-five elimination match against Team Raw. Zayn also fell to Randy Orton in a Survivor Series qualifier.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743236-report-kevin-owens-sami-zayn-sent-home-from-uk-tour-after-wwe-smackdown

CIrvine
November 9th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Okay. I watched the skit again and Zayn and Owens are not happy with Big E's joke. And Big E is clearly not happy with the ending.

TooCool
November 9th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Whether or not it's a work, I'm interested regardless. :lol:

I'm sure Sami has been unhappy for a longer time since he's been misused way more than Kevin. And we know they're best friends in real life so maybe they're looking out for each other. That's the problem with WWE (and it always has been). Vince pushes whoever he want to push. I'm sure he doesn't care if you can put on an extremely entertaining 25 minute match. If he doesn't want to give you a chance right now then you're going to have to job to other talents.

ucsdguy1
November 10th, 2017, 12:42 PM
words can't describe how much I love Rusev

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/11/9/16630904/john-cena-attempts-to-befriend-an-angry-rusev-before-survivor-series

TooCool
November 10th, 2017, 04:10 PM
words can't describe how much I love Rusev

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/11/9/16630904/john-cena-attempts-to-befriend-an-angry-rusev-before-survivor-series

:lol: Rusev rocks. Really love the pairing of English and Rusev too. I think we'll all look forward to celebrating Rusev Day (which is apparently every day) =D

Unfortunately he's another superstar you can easily add to the list of poorly booked wrestlers.

ucsdguy1
November 10th, 2017, 04:17 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/d8203cac29b56b2a5a76ec933d69f6d1/tenor.gif?itemid=9954510

https://media1.tenor.com/images/f69cce1ef3cd0ae1786c915fce692ddc/tenor.gif?itemid=9914348

TooCool
November 10th, 2017, 04:20 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/d8203cac29b56b2a5a76ec933d69f6d1/tenor.gif?itemid=9954510

https://media1.tenor.com/images/f69cce1ef3cd0ae1786c915fce692ddc/tenor.gif?itemid=9914348

Man.. now I wish during his entrance we can hear English singing real quick. "It's Rusev Daaaaaaaaaay!" Then you play his entrance music. Simple and effective.

ucsdguy1
November 10th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Man.. now I wish during his entrance we can hear English singing real quick. "It's Rusev Daaaaaaaaaay!" Then you play his entrance music. Simple and effective.
These guys could be a superface and go against Elias. Sing off between Aiden and Elias with Rusev as judge (before he begins pummeling after his judging technique is criticized). Actually that makes my head hurt.

But yeah, Rusev day every day.

TooCool
November 11th, 2017, 03:53 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this.

https://twitter.com/tondog/status/928077829748809728

ucsdguy1
November 13th, 2017, 01:15 PM
lest we forget, today is also Rusev Day

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o8doPvHxdn8CQ6Z9e/giphy.gif

CIrvine
November 13th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Pacific Coast Wrestling in Wilmington on December 1, 2017.
http://www.pcwultra.com/

ucsdguy1
November 13th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Pacific Coast Wrestling in Wilmington on December 1, 2017.
http://www.pcwultra.com/
I've been getting adds on social media for this in the past. They had me at Sandman

ucsdguy1
November 14th, 2017, 11:59 AM
Hm, I wasn't quite expecting Triple H to join team Raw.

I also thought Paige was going to show up and join the women's Raw team, but kudos to Bayley!

TooCool
November 14th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Hm, I wasn't quite expecting Triple H to join team Raw.

I also thought Paige was going to show up and join the women's Raw team, but kudos to Bayley!

I think everyone got their hopes up with Paige being backstage. I think someone said she was just there to film an episode of Ride Along with Foxy. :lol:

As for the Survivor Series PPV now the winners are starting to shape up (at least in my head).

Adding HHH to the mix is interesting. I wonder why the hell they decided to do this. More star power needed to sell the PPV? Or do they actually have an end-game story line here? Now I'm more convinced that the Men's Smackdown team is taking this one. First off, I could be wrong but I think Orton is undefeated when he's on a Survivor Series team. They mentioned his stats last year but I forgot and right now I'm too lazy to look it up. Secondly, you know Kane is going to somehow get Braun eliminated. Most likely via countout since Vince loves protecting his monsters so there is no way he'll get pinned. And third of all, it looks like they're building towards a HHH/Angle match at Wrestlemania so the first step would be to cost him his GM job. After all, they already cleared Angle to wrestle at TLC.. I don't think he needs to be a GM anymore.

What I would love to see is a swerve with Jason Jordan turning heel. Have it look like Angle is in trouble so his son runs in to help him. Instead, have Jordan turn on Angle and side with HHH and Steph. They could even say he's not really his son and that it was all a trick.

Then on the Women's side.. there is no way team RAW is losing, not with Asuka on their team. What I see happening is Charlotte winning the Women's Title tonight so she can beat Alexa Bliss. This gives Alexa a reason to complain saying that she underestimated Charlotte or that she was expecting to face Natalya. Then for Smackdown's side, losing Charlotte on the team is a big enough blow to lose the match. They could also have Nattie refuse to be a team player since she's upset about not being the Women's Champion.

For the other matches they're all a crap shoot really. I think The Shield will beat the New Day and then the Usos can beat The Bar. Basically each brand are going to be "neck and neck" and trade wins.

Ultimately though, I'm still more excited for War Games instead of Survivor Series. But that's how it's always been for the last year or two. You just know the NXT guys will put on a better show.

Edit: Oh I totally forgot about Lesnar/Styles. Man, that one is a toss up. I think if Lesnar loses here it wouldn't hurt him at all so maybe that's a possibility. We could always still see Jinder cost Styles the match to set up their rematch down the line. I don't expect many matches to have a clean finish since Survivor Series has always been built around controversy with the Montreal screw job.

ucsdguy1
November 14th, 2017, 02:23 PM
What I would love to see is a swerve with Jason Jordan turning heel. Have it look like Angle is in trouble so his son runs in to help him. Instead, have Jordan turn on Angle and side with HHH and Steph. They could even say he's not really his son and that it was all a trick.
This is what I was thinking. They almost hinted at it last night with Jordan pretty much crying, begging Angle to keep him on the team. I don't know about siding with Steph/HHH, but I could see him turning on Angle.

I don't see Lesnar losing to Styles. Could be an interesting match, but it seems like they just want someone bigger to be the one to finally tame the beast. And probably at Wrestlemania. Do I know who that is? No. But knowing Vince it'll probably be Kane or the Undertaker or Cena or The Rock or Kenny Omega (nah they couldn't pull this off). I can still see Jinder interfering in this match causing AJ to lose, setting a rematch and killing some time on Smackdown.

Survivor Series should be another 7 hour pay per view, however yes I'm still more excited for Wargames.

Oh and once again today is Rusev Day

https://i.redd.it/ziusfyx06k1z.gif

https://78.media.tumblr.com/6da6f9634ccbc6fe9473537cab032a25/tumblr_owjz10xOB61u1ljrzo1_540.gif

TooCool
November 15th, 2017, 09:37 AM
So during the "war" last night, noticeably absent from Smackdown was AJ Styles, Jinder Mahal, Randy Orton, and John Cena. But on the RAW side there was no Miz, HHH, and Brock.

Overall, the idea of this brand war can be cool but it's silly how they can easily invade the other show. Granted, they're all in WWE... but you would think their passes to get in the arena wouldn't work right? ;)

And I know it's wishful thinking on my part but I'm hoping that Shane is too injured to fight on Sunday. Then who steps in? Daniel Bryan! The crowd would go ape**** if that happened. But since there's no way WWE will ever clear him... that's out the window. But when you really think about it, a 5 on 5 match is the best way to protect someone like him if they don't want him to take too many bumps in his first match back.

Oh yeah, do you guys know if New Day vs Shield is an Elimination match or is it just your typical 6 man tag?

ucsdguy1
November 15th, 2017, 10:23 AM
The whole thing is so silly to me when you have faces and heels all together going "yeah! Let's do it! Smackdown, hooray!".

I mean they've built Strowman up so much can anyone on Smackdown stop him? Which probably means someone else gets involved or it will become a 4 on 1 scenario. I did like Angle however walking out and just going "yep, go get em braun".

Bryan doing the impression of Paul Heyman was fantastic. Bryan's little tiff with Shane about having to have a "conversation" definitley hints at something. Bryan vs. Shane at Wrestlemania? :)

PS. don't try and interrupt Heyman's promo with your marriage proposal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gFGhT5GpAs

TooCool
November 15th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Noooooooo Ellsworth got released.

I think his one year deal is up already. He had a good run although I'm surprised at how little they used him. But hey, getting to hang around Carmella and the Divas for more than half a year? That's a gig we'd all kill for.

LetTigerIn
November 15th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Noooooooo Ellsworth got released.

I think his one year deal is up already. He had a good run although I'm surprised at how little they used him. But hey, getting to hang around Carmella and the Divas for more than half a year? That's a gig we'd all kill for.

I wouldn't mind rassling the likes of Becky Lynch, A.J. Styles and John Cena.

CIrvine
November 15th, 2017, 01:50 PM
I want Kenny Omega!

ucsdguy1
November 16th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Jericho vs. Omega upcoming

Dexter
November 16th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Woohoo finally WWE let's us get another show. Survivor Series 2018 at Staples.

ucsdguy1
November 16th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Woohoo finally WWE let's us get another show. Survivor Series 2018 at Staples.
And that means NXT Takeover the night before and Raw the night after. 4 day pass for $2000 it is

TooCool
November 16th, 2017, 01:36 PM
I definitely want to do TakeOver, those never disappoint. The only thing I'm concerned right now is that we don't know what superstars will still even be in NXT next year.

Dexter
November 16th, 2017, 01:58 PM
No Way Jose is the safe bet.

ucsdguy1
November 16th, 2017, 02:15 PM
I definitely want to do TakeOver, those never disappoint. The only thing I'm concerned right now is that we don't know what superstars will still even be in NXT next year.
Heavy Machinery vs. Street Profits in a tag team title match.

dun dun dunnnn

TooCool
November 16th, 2017, 02:27 PM
Heavy Machinery vs. Street Profits in a tag team title match.

dun dun dunnnn

Man the Street Profits music is so catchy.

And what...? Lars Sullivan will be the NXT Champ? :lol:

ucsdguy1
November 16th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Man the Street Profits music is so catchy.

And what...? Lars Sullivan will be the NXT Champ? :lol:
Imagine this if you will.......NXT title match: reigning champ Lars Sullivan rampaging through everyone. No can stop him. Not until his title match at NXT Takeover Staples Center against........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-RZQxAA2pQ&t=46s

TooCool
November 19th, 2017, 03:57 AM
WarGames was such a fun PPV.

- I liked what they did with Lars Sullivan's intro. He still looks too generic but at least his intro made him stand out a bit. I also liked how the match was short and sweet. It was hard hitting and it made Sullivan look really good. Ohno got some hits in but the right guy won. I really do wonder where Ohno and No Way Jose goes from here.

- Aleister Black and Velveteen Dream definitely stole the show in my opinion. Maybe that's not the right term for this situation but it really made the PPV so much better. I'm also pleasantly surprised by the fan reaction for the Velveteen dream too. That's the crazy thing about NXT. These gimmicks can get over in NXT. But if they do that for RAW/Smackdown, they're going to get zero reaction.

- The Fatal Four Way Women's match was unfortunately a little over choreographed for my liking. The Double Insane Elbow was great but to repeat that with a Double Eclipse? It looked bad too because Peyton just stood there with Nikki waiting to get hit by it. The match itself was great though, I just wish they had gotten 5 more minutes because it was too short. Ember Moon winning the Women's Title was fine by me, but then again you couldn't go wrong with anyone else either. They all deserve it.

- Almas winning the NXT Title was certainly a surprise. I wonder if they changed it on the fly when Drew McIntyre knew he was legit injured. They always have to have backup plans right? Then again, Finn Balor and Asuka retained only to have to relinquish it... Either way, with Drew kicking out of everything I was fully expecting him to retain. Now I wonder if Aleister Black is going after Almas next.

- WarGames was so much fun to watch. I wasn't a fan of WCW back in the day so I'll admit, I never saw a WarGames match before and didn't know what to expect here. Sanity adding weapons to the match made it so much better. It was just an insane hardcore match all around. Extra props to Alexander Wolfe for bleeding to death and still fighting in that match.

Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with NXT TakeOver. Now I definitely have to attend it next year when we finally get a TakeOver here. They just never seem to disappoint.

ucsdguy1
November 19th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Was thinking the same thing about velveteen dream. Great crowd reaction but won’t get anything close for the gimmick on the main level. Great match though and a fitting end by aleister finally saying his name.

Almas match was fun. He will be a nice heel champ. I would say he needs to defend a few times successfully before a match with aleister, if only because Black seems like someone on a big riding push that they wouldn’t want to feed to the champ.

Wargames was insane as expected. That suplex off the top to everyone was nutty. Also enjoyed the big dude from sanity doing a pseudo van terminator into a trash can. I actually like Strong with the authors of pain if for no other reason they’re polar opposites but it gives him somewhat of a lifeline. Figured Cole would win (I still don’t like the name “undisputed era”), but the match was a lot of fun. Old wargames had closed cages on top, but this was fine.

TooCool
November 20th, 2017, 10:20 AM
So Survivor Series was fun up until the main event... what a mess that was.

There were three Pre-Show matches but I didn't bother with it. I tuned in with 10 minutes left in the pre-show and just hit rewind for a bit to watch Sami and Kevin's promo before their match. It does suck that they got relegated to pre-show duty. As for the PPV itself, here are my thoughts if you like you read it.

- Shield vs New Day. Wow this match was great. I think they got 30 minutes as well which is 10 more minutes than I expected. Everyone got their spots in and everyone got to look good. Pretty much everyone expected The Shield to win since there was no way they'll lose when they just reunited. At least it , it took a Shield powerbomb off the top rope to finish Kofi off. Overall, it was a fun opener and a good start to the PPV. The nearfalls were great but I think New Day vs The Usos was way more intense because the titles were on the line. For this match here, while it was exciting maybe it was a little too predictable for me.

- Women's RAW vs Smackdown Elimination Match. I thought this match was above average. There were some missed opportunities here especially since Becky Lynch said he would break Asuka's arm and Stephanie even mentioned when she was pumping up the team backstage before the match. Yet during the match, neither of them faced off with each other. Instead, Becky got eliminated almost immediately to the most powerful move in wrestling... the rollup! The big surprise for me though was how well they booked Tamina. We all know she has done nothing for years and Nia Jax is bigger than her. But she brought the fight to Team RAW and that was cool to see. Nia Jax got eliminated to a predictable countout and Bayley looked weak as usual. (Poor Becky and Bayley) Naomi also did nothing either which is kind of odd. In the end, having Asuka be the sole survivor was expected and the right move.

- Miz vs Baron Corbin. This was a tough match for the crowd to get into with it being heel vs heel. I think they worked a solid match but it was maybe 3 minutes too short. It was strange to see the Miztourage interfere as much as they did. It made Baron look like a good guy in the match even though he taunted Maryse. Corbin won clean too which was interesting.

- The Bar vs The Usos. Another great Tag Match here. I got nothing but good things to say about both teams. They worked their asses off and this heel vs heel match was definitely better than Miz/Corbin. The finish was unique with Jimmy diving over the top rope (while tagging Jey) to eliminate Cesaro on the outside so Jey could pin Sheamus.

- Alexa Bliss vs Charlotte. This match was okay. Maybe it was a little too slow for my liking. Charlotte did her best to carry Alexa in this match which was good to see. Not taking anything away from Alexa because she has improved dramatically since her NXT days, but her slow heel style pacing can be boring. Charlotte winning was expected again especially since she just captured the Women's Title on Tuesday.

- Brock Lesnar vs AJ Styles. Damn this match was so good. We all know AJ Styles is great and Brock Lesnar can be damn good too if he wants to be and when he isn't told to job to Goldberg. They told a great story with Brock totally dominating early on and then AJ had to fight back. The Calf Crusher was a very believable submission move as Brock sold it well. The finish was the usual "going into the well once too many" with AJ Styles going for his 3rd or 4th Phenomenal Forearm. All Brock had to hit was one F5 to win the match. So only Roman Reigns (and Goldberg?) can kick out of an F5 apparently. Everyone else just dies to it. I'm surprised that Jinder didn't interfere either and that made the match so much better.

- Men's RAW vs Smackdown Elimination Match. This is where it went downhill. This match was overbooked and it was a mess. I loved the beginning when they did tags in and out to tease matchups we've never seen before like Samoa Joe vs Randy Orton, Shinsuke Nakamura vs HHH, Bobby Roode vs HHH. Then we got Finn Balor vs Shinsuke Nakamura and that got an NXT chant which was awesome. After that, it went downhill for me. They made Nakamura and Roode look weak with both of them being eliminated without much effort. Then Samoa Joe suddenly decides that he wants to work alone, so he gets beaten up and eliminated. The logic just went right out the window.

Then you got John Cena who squared off with Kurt Angle for a bit which was a nice callback to when Cena was a rookie. But he did nothing for Smackdown. He got eliminated pretty quick too which made me feel that someone else left off the card such as Rusev would have been better. One good thing did happen and that was when Orton was trying to tag in Shane, we saw Owens and Zayn interfere and attack Shane to continue that storyline. The only weird thing is that Shane easily fought off Owens and Zayn. I guess it's okay though since he had a steel chair with him. Balor then quickly lost to Orton which didn't make Finn look good.

In the end, Orton got eliminated and it was down to HHH, Strowman, and Angle vs Shane. This was stupid because it was slow. HHH eventually turned on Angle and gave him the Pedigree. Then he got Shane to cover Angle because why? After that, HHH finished Shane himself. I guess the story is that he wanted the glory to himself? Strowman stood there confused for a few minutes before attacking HHH. I'm not sure why he's upset because his team won. All in all, the match didn't serve any purpose. The story going in is that if RAW lost, Angle is out as the GM. But they still won so what's the point? We also saw no interference from Kane or Jason Jordan. And when I look at the big picture, Team Smackdown all looked like chumps, while Joe looked stupid and Balor looked weak. It's the HHH and Shane show all over again... Last year's match was so much better and exciting overall.

That's why I'm telling ya. Next year, I want to attend Takeover for sure since they never disappoint and not Survivor Series. Plus I don't wanna sit through a 6 hour PPV in person anyway. :lol: I rather do that at home.

ucsdguy1
November 20th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Brock/AJ - I started off thinking oh man they're letting Brock just destroy him and it will be a quick pin. But the comeback was well played. AJ looked about as good as he could knowing he was not going to be the one to beat Lesnar. And I agree, Lesnar sold that ankle hurt very well which really gave some credence to the damage AJ had done. I'm actually okay with the one F5 and win, as at least we all know AJ had taken a severe beating up to that point. Hell he had to take a break and try again just to jump over the top rope at one point.

Men's Raw vs. Smackdown: so so. I mean I guess it was fun, albeit somewhat predictable. This seemed to be more about HHH vs. Angle, with a bit of Strowman thrown in. Guys like Balor, Finn, Nakamura, Roode, really nothing gained. I think I was most surprised at how quickly Cena was pinned. I fully expected a kickout, and he really served no purpose in being there other than name recognition. So is it HHH vs. Angle at wrestlemania now, or HHH vs. Strownman, or a 3 way?
Zayn/Owens get invovled, but only to get beaten with chairs and seemingly run out of the building. If they're going with this angle, would it not have been better to have them cause either Shane or any of the other Smackdown members to get pinned?

Women's Raw vs. Smackdown: Once again Bayley is just destroyed with no momentum or purpose. Yawn. I figured it would come down to Asuka. Thought it was played well with 2 on 1 and her getting both into submissions. At least they're still pushing her as an immense force.

Bliss/Flair - figured Flair would win. A bit slower but a bit more methodical with Bliss slowly getting more frustrated ("no more, no more") and unable to put flair away. At least neither were utterly obliterated.

I caught a bit of New Day/Shield and a bit of Usos/Bar. They looked fun but after NXT and a 6 hour survivor series I was just burned out.

ucsdguy1
November 20th, 2017, 10:54 AM
And here is a quote straight from Paul Heyman after the match:

"I'm shocked. I've been an AJ Styles fan since before I was supposed to be an AJ Styles fan. I watched AJ Styles before anybody here was supposed to watch AJ Styles. He is more phenomenal than he gives himself credit for. If you're not an AJ Styles fan you shouldn't even be watching WWE. He's everything Shawn Michaels, and Bret Hart, and Ric Flair were to their generation and he's updated it; he's evolved their styles to truly be the single most phenomenal in-ring performer I have ever had the honor and the pleasure of watching up close. I've been doing this my entire life. No one in the ring has ever compared to what I witnessed tonight when I had the best seat in the house and got to see AJ Styles up close.

"To you, sir, I have nothing but respect and admiration. Which is why, when they put this match together, when AJ Styles defeated Jinder Mahal to become the WWE champion, I dropped to my knees and I thanked god that Brock Lesnar gets to step into the ring with AJ Styles. Because it's one thing to eat through an entire division, it's another thing to step into the ring with AJ Styles and show the world that you can conquer those hopes, those dreams, that intensity, that underdog.

"Yes, Rocky lost at the end of the movie but he won the respect of the woman he loved. AJ Styles continues to earn your respect every single night that he performs. Tonight, he didn't just perform he fought. He took the fight to the Beast like very few ever have, which is why I stand before you tonight your humble advocate because I am truly with the champion of champions, the ultimate title holder, the reigning, defending, undisputed number one champion, then, now, and forever, Brock Lesnar."

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/11/20/16678332/paul-heyman-aj-styles-survivor-series-brock-lesnar-match-wwe

TooCool
November 20th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Men's Raw vs. Smackdown: so so. I mean I guess it was fun, albeit somewhat predictable. This seemed to be more about HHH vs. Angle, with a bit of Strowman thrown in. Guys like Balor, Finn, Nakamura, Roode, really nothing gained. I think I was most surprised at how quickly Cena was pinned. I fully expected a kickout, and he really served no purpose in being there other than name recognition. So is it HHH vs. Angle at wrestlemania now, or HHH vs. Strownman, or a 3 way?
Zayn/Owens get invovled, but only to get beaten with chairs and seemingly run out of the building. If they're going with this angle, would it not have been better to have them cause either Shane or any of the other Smackdown members to get pinned?

The HHH/Angle thing I don't mind but it just made Smackdown look like an afterthought. HHH/Strowman could work for a PPV since he can put Strowman over.. although technically Strowman is already established as a monster so it's not exactly necessary. I think the running joke in the end is that Shane is such a great dude, putting young talent like HHH over guys like him. In the end, I just hated how the focus was on HHH, Shane, and Kurt when it should be on the newer people. And yet Vince wonders why he can't build new stars...

One funny thing in the Alexa Bliss/Charlotte match. When Alexa grabbed Charlotte's hair the ref yelled, "Hands off the hair!" Then Alexa yelled at the ref, "I KNOW!!!!!!" The ref then yelled back, "Then act like you know!" Funny how they can keep a straight face with each other during that exchange.

CIrvine
November 20th, 2017, 01:12 PM
I stopped watching the WWE a few years ago because of HHH. And now he is back.

ucsdguy1
November 21st, 2017, 09:18 AM
Well color me unimpressed with Paige's return. Sounded a bunch like dead air time that took the crowd from excited to silent. And why wait until they're in the middle of a fatal fourway for the #1 contender? I guess good to see two callups from NXT with her, but did anyone really care?

ucsdguy1
November 21st, 2017, 09:29 AM
Oh and I should also point out how awesome the Miz really is. (Hell even the shield were laughing at the crowd's "Miz is awesome" chant as something they've never heard before around the world). Miz partly eats it up and partly reacts as a heel should. He is brilliant at rotating from witty and funny to deadly serious. His asking for thanks for playing a part in reuniting the shield plus due royalty checks was hilarious. Seriously I've disliked this guy ever since the MTV show days, but he wins me over more and more each time. Surprised he lost the title in one shot, but apparently he's taking time off to go film another Marine movie which is a shame.

And back to the women's segment. Somehow Paige + two NXT superstars were able to plow through four wwe women (well 3 after the captain said screw this and ran away). And where the hell was Nia Jax while all this was going down????

If the plan is to have Asuke run rampant and eventually claim the title, does Paige now step into that position first? And will they just have Asuke continue to squash midcarders for the foreseeable future?

TooCool
November 21st, 2017, 09:37 AM
Well color me unimpressed with Paige's return. Sounded a bunch like dead air time that took the crowd from excited to silent. And why wait until they're in the middle of a fatal fourway for the #1 contender? I guess good to see two callups from NXT with her, but did anyone really care?

Mandy Rose got to skip NXT because she's way too hot. :lol: Granted, she did pay her dues ever since Tough Enough and worked nothing but house shows. But you can add her to the list right next to Braun Strowman where they didn't have to work on NXT TV to get noticed. Meanwhile Sonya Deville went through several gimmicks in NXT and still rarely won too. But here she is, with an MMA fighting gimmick.

There's a running joke going around that Vince likely paired them all up together because their first name initials spell out PMS together. Vince and Kevin Dunn might find that hilarious or something.

I wonder if this means the Iconic Duo of Peyton Royce and Billie Kay are getting called up to Smackdown tonight. You can't just add 3 Women to RAW and nothing to Smackdown right? And I also wonder if this means we might see a Women's Royal Rumble in January. If they can get up to 10 Women from RAW and Smackdown, then maybe throw in NXT and Mae Young Classic wrestlers in the mix and returning wrestlers for a one time appearance like Kelly Kelly, Lita, Trish Stratus, Michelle McCool, etc... you got yourself a Rumble match.

TooCool
November 21st, 2017, 09:42 AM
Oh and I should also point out how awesome the Miz really is. (Hell even the shield were laughing at the crowd's "Miz is awesome" chant as something they've never heard before around the world). Miz partly eats it up and partly reacts as a heel should. He is brilliant at rotating from witty and funny to deadly serious. His asking for thanks for playing a part in reuniting the shield plus due royalty checks was hilarious. Seriously I've disliked this guy ever since the MTV show days, but he wins me over more and more each time. Surprised he lost the title in one shot, but apparently he's taking time off to go film another Marine movie which is a shame.

And back to the women's segment. Somehow Paige + two NXT superstars were able to plow through four wwe women (well 3 after the captain said screw this and ran away). And where the hell was Nia Jax while all this was going down????

If the plan is to have Asuke run rampant and eventually claim the title, does Paige now step into that position first? And will they just have Asuke continue to squash midcarders for the foreseeable future?

Oh is that why Miz dropped the title? To film a movie? I guess that makes a lot of sense then. You can't have a show with an IC and Universal Champion making no-shows. Here I thought they just wanted to make Reigns look good as usual before he beats Brock since Wrestlemania season is coming up.

I think you know why Nia Jax was conveniently missing.. =D She can't look bad in the beatdowns after all. Especially not when Paige finally showed up again with some friends.

This could be something for Asuka to do though. Nobody is ready for Asuka, unless it's a 3 on 1 beatdown or something like that.

ucsdguy1
November 21st, 2017, 10:19 AM
Oh is that why Miz dropped the title? To film a movie? I guess that makes a lot of sense then. You can't have a show with an IC and Universal Champion making no-shows. Here I thought they just wanted to make Reigns look good as usual before he beats Brock since Wrestlemania season is coming up.

I think you know why Nia Jax was conveniently missing.. =D She can't look bad in the beatdowns after all. Especially not when Paige finally showed up again with some friends.

This could be something for Asuka to do though. Nobody is ready for Asuka, unless it's a 3 on 1 beatdown or something like that.
I don't think Asuke goes up against Paige just yet. My guess, we see Paige/NXT vs. a combination of Bayley/Sasha/James/Fox/Other for awhile to get the NXT girls some airtime and build up Paige's faction. At some point maybe Bliss comes out to save the day and turns face. But, I suppose the long winded road would be to have Paige win the title by Royal Rumble if not sooner, be a heel champ for awhile, and have Asuke be the one to finally take it from her? I'm not exactly sure where Nia Jax or Bliss fit into this yet...

ucsdguy1
November 22nd, 2017, 10:03 AM
For some reason my dvr decided not to tape smackdown last night so I just got a few highlights. But I guess the NXT women are running wild. Is Paige leading this whole thing, and if so where was she last night? That could actually be an interesting angle where she leads destruction of both brands, but didn't appear so just yet.

The 3 women who attacked on smackdown > 3 women who attacked with page on Raw.

LetTigerIn
November 22nd, 2017, 12:19 PM

I did. I cared.

TooCool
November 22nd, 2017, 01:23 PM
For some reason my dvr decided not to tape smackdown last night so I just got a few highlights. But I guess the NXT women are running wild. Is Paige leading this whole thing, and if so where was she last night? That could actually be an interesting angle where she leads destruction of both brands, but didn't appear so just yet.

The 3 women who attacked on smackdown > 3 women who attacked with page on Raw.

Liv Morgan, I could see called up but I would have never expected Ruby Riot and Sarah Logan as the other two. People are complaining saying it's the exact copy of RAW as well. You got your goth girl in Paige and then Ruby Riot kind of fits the same boat. Then Mandy Rose is your blonde along with Liv Morgan. And finally Sonya Deville is a brunette and so is Sarah Logan. :lol:

The fantasy booking in me wants an NXT Invasion. But I still think it's just your typical callup and the writing team just isn't creative at all so they had the RAW and Smackdown NXT girls do almost the same thing... What they should have done last night was to have Carmella come out to tease a cash in, only to get beat up by the 3 girls. At least that way people can say she tried instead of looking stupid by not doing anything.

So at the end of Smackdown, was Daniel Bryan teasing a heel turn? (Although it'll never work with how popular he is now). He sees talent in Zayn and Owens which is no secret anyway. But the whole thing with Shane wanting to fire them and Daniel doesn't is sort of interesting.

Clash of Champions is a Smackdown only PPV. Looking at Wikipedia, I don't think RAW has a PPV at all in December. So their next one might not be until the Royal Rumble.

CIrvine
November 22nd, 2017, 01:34 PM
My DVR did not tape Smackdown either.

ucsdguy1
November 22nd, 2017, 01:56 PM
Liv Morgan, I could see called up but I would have never expected Ruby Riot and Sarah Logan as the other two. People are complaining saying it's the exact copy of RAW as well. You got your goth girl in Paige and then Ruby Riot kind of fits the same boat. Then Mandy Rose is your blonde along with Liv Morgan. And finally Sonya Deville is a brunette and so is Sarah Logan. :lol:

The fantasy booking in me wants an NXT Invasion. But I still think it's just your typical callup and the writing team just isn't creative at all so they had the RAW and Smackdown NXT girls do almost the same thing... What they should have done last night was to have Carmella come out to tease a cash in, only to get beat up by the 3 girls. At least that way people can say she tried instead of looking stupid by not doing anything.

So at the end of Smackdown, was Daniel Bryan teasing a heel turn? (Although it'll never work with how popular he is now). He sees talent in Zayn and Owens which is no secret anyway. But the whole thing with Shane wanting to fire them and Daniel doesn't is sort of interesting.

Clash of Champions is a Smackdown only PPV. Looking at Wikipedia, I don't think RAW has a PPV at all in December. So their next one might not be until the Royal Rumble.
Interesting theory.

I only know Sarah Logan from what I saw in the Mae Young classic, but she seemed to have potential. Pretty quick callup though over the likes of Kay/Royce etc. And just like thoughts on Jax, where was Tamina??

wasn't the whole plan to have Randa Rousey show up with a faction of MMA style fighters only to go up against the reunited Four Horsewomen?

TooCool
November 22nd, 2017, 03:38 PM
wasn't the whole plan to have Randa Rousey show up with a faction of MMA style fighters only to go up against the reunited Four Horsewomen?

I'm thinking that if Rousey shows up, it won't be until March anyway, so they could still form a faction of MMA fighters at the last minute.

So apparently the reason for Becky Lynch getting murdered by the 3 girls and having them slam the door on her ribs means she is filming The Marine 6 with The Miz. Nice to see Becky getting a movie role. I really wonder what percentage of the WWE audience even watches these WWE produced films. Either way, cool for the wrestlers.

ucsdguy1
November 27th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Well I meant to post this on Thursday, but to everyone on this thread who has enjoyed some good discussion over time and will into the future, I wish you a very belated but current......

Happy Rusev Day

http://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/rusev.jpg

TooCool
November 27th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Speaking of Rusev day, in the dirt sheets there were reports that in the Dark Match after Smackdown Live last week, Rusev got a big pop.

And also during the Live Event on Saturday, when they did Starrcade, Rusev got tons of cheers. WWE needs to take this and run with it. Enough with the "I hate Amercians" gimmick. Let's all celebrate Rusev Day, everyday!

LetTigerIn
November 27th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Speaking of Rusev day, in the dirt sheets there were reports that in the Dark Match after Smackdown Live last week, Rusev got a big pop.

And also during the Live Event on Saturday, when they did Starrcade, Rusev got tons of cheers. WWE needs to take this and run with it. Enough with the "I hate Amercians" gimmick. Let's all celebrate Rusev Day, everyday!

It's best when Rusev hates Americans and it's Rusev Day!

BTW, Happy Rusev Day!

ucsdguy1
November 28th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Very quick raw thoughts:

Elias was a surprising choice for a first Reigns victim. Albeit I thought it'd probably be someone to get smashed, he actually put up quite the fight in what turned out to be a pretty darn entertaining match. Joe vs. Reigns should be fun, although I also don't see Reigns giving up the title.

Women - don't even know how I feel about "Absolution" as a team name. I don't know why because she gets such praise on the mic, but I get severely annoyed whenever Paige speaks already. Too early for them to start going after Asuke despite the initial hint. And Bliss was more or less an afterthought doing commentary of the whole thing. And where is Nia Jax again? What I guess could be kind of interesting is if Jax joins Paige's squad, saying she never got any respect from any of the other women. Although I guess that's backwards logic considering if she did, Paige would be the won to take the glory.

Asuke - a 15 second win (and a beautiful move at that) after Brooke cutting a promo that the empress always starts slow was brilliantly done.

I pretty much fast forwarded through everything else sans the last minute or two when we all knew Strowman would come out. Kane, the monster, the myth, the attacker, suddenly is begging Strowman to stop? And isn't he a "dead man" but suddenly had to gasp for air after two shots to the neck?

It's a long way to Royal Rumble..

TooCool
November 28th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the RAW thoughts. I didn't bother tuning in as usual. I did catch a Youtube clip of Matt Hardy officially doing his "delete" thing and Cole is pretending he doesn't know what is wrong with Matt.

I agree with you when Paige is on the mic. One weird gripe I have with her speaking is that she leans forward every time she speaks into the mic. I mean, you're holding the mic yourself for crying out loud... lol

Tonight on Smackdown Live they're booking the same match that was advertised on RAW. This time it's Ruby Riot, Liv Morgan, and Sarah Logan vs Charlotte, Natalya, and Naomi. I swear if they beat up Nattie and Naomi backstage (just like RAW's group did with Bayley and Mickie James) and repeat the same thing.. you know the writing staff has just mailed it in.

Also, how many times will RAW have Rollins/Ambrose vs The Bar? So many matches.. so many one on one matches. That has to be boring. They don't seem to realize that there are other tag teams in the division.

With Lesnar not having to appear anymore in 2017.. they're really going to have to dig deep to make RAW somewhat entertaining the rest of the way.

ucsdguy1
November 30th, 2017, 04:26 PM
is it getting old yet?

https://media.giphy.com/media/JLNDNbw7SszKM/giphy.gif

TooCool
November 30th, 2017, 05:10 PM
is it getting old yet?

https://media.giphy.com/media/JLNDNbw7SszKM/giphy.gif

What pisses me off more is that they don't even use Rusev on Smackers...

ucsdguy1
December 1st, 2017, 09:07 AM
What pisses me off more is that they don't even use Rusev on Smackers...
Fire Bryan, Rusev as new GM?

He still needs to wrestle.

CIrvine
December 1st, 2017, 02:28 PM
More Rusev and less Shane.

ucsdguy1
December 4th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Well 11+ months in and Matt Hardy just gave us one of the best segments of the year

TooCool
December 4th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Well 11+ months in and Matt Hardy just gave us one of the best segments of the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blgS56pESPk&t

It's so stupid it might just work...

I'm still skeptical though since you know Vince is going to butcher it somehow.

ucsdguy1
December 4th, 2017, 10:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blgS56pESPk&t

It's so stupid it might just work...

I'm still skeptical though since you know Vince is going to butcher it somehow.
Yeah I’m thinking it doesn’t go much of anywhere, but still that was fantastic

Dexter
December 4th, 2017, 11:28 PM
They had to Brodus Clay Nia Jax for this deletion to happen.

ucsdguy1
December 5th, 2017, 09:33 AM
They had to Brodus Clay Nia Jax for this deletion to happen.
Ah yeah, speaking of which.....while I really dislike the complete lack of Nia in the Paige angle, I actually see potential in a pairing with Enzo. Like a HHH/Chyna type deal? I wish it was someone of a bit more stature (no pun intended), but at least it could get her some air time.

Dexter
December 5th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Ah yeah, speaking of which.....while I really dislike the complete lack of Nia in the Paige angle, I actually see potential in a pairing with Enzo. Like a HHH/Chyna type deal? I wish it was someone of a bit more stature (no pun intended), but at least it could get her some air time.

I'm sure it'll be more of a Santino/Beth Phoenix.

ucsdguy1
December 5th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Finally

https://shop.wwe.com/rusev-happy-rusev-day-authentic-t-shirt/HA3001.html?dwvar_HA3001_color=Black

https://shop.wwe.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-main/default/dwc27f1838/images/large/HA3001.jpg

$27.99 though? Yeeesh

TooCool
December 6th, 2017, 12:23 AM
Finally

https://shop.wwe.com/rusev-happy-rusev-day-authentic-t-shirt/HA3001.html?dwvar_HA3001_color=Black

https://shop.wwe.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-main/default/dwc27f1838/images/large/HA3001.jpg

$27.99 though? Yeeesh

Hefty price to celebrate the best day in the world.

This will be one of the first WWE shirts I'm going to have to buy in years and I've been tempted to buy a Tye Dillinger Perfect 10 and Bobby Roode's Glorious shirt in the past. But Happy Rusev Day? Must have!

ucsdguy1
December 6th, 2017, 07:11 PM
Hefty price to celebrate the best day in the world.

This will be one of the first WWE shirts I'm going to have to buy in years and I've been tempted to buy a Tye Dillinger Perfect 10 and Bobby Roode's Glorious shirt in the past. But Happy Rusev Day? Must have!
Man it's a real hefty price. I need to wait for one of those $10 shirt sale days. Then again by the time the holidays roll around I may change my mind.

I'm pretty sure as he was flaunting it last night there were a few "Ru-Sev Day" chants against the new day rocks chants..

CIrvine
December 8th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Three people I saw on Smackdown Live last Tuesday that I recognized.
"Professional" Peter Avalon.
Watts.
Bateman.

TooCool
December 10th, 2017, 04:11 PM
"WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Rich Swann has been indefinitely suspended following his arrest."

Well, it was nice knowing ya Swann.

ucsdguy1
December 11th, 2017, 09:21 AM
"WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Rich Swann has been indefinitely suspended following his arrest."

Well, it was nice knowing ya Swann.
What did he do?

Also this: http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-release-10-hour-youtube-video/

and this: http://www.sescoops.com/chris-jericho-ambushes-kenny-omega-at-njpws-tag-league-final/

TooCool
December 11th, 2017, 10:33 AM
What did he do?

Copied and pasted this from dirt sheets.

Swann is being charged with Kidnapping and False Imprisonment, a third-degree felony in Florida that is punishable with up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine if convicted. Swann is also being charged with Battery, a first degree misdemeanor that is punishable with up to one year in jail or 12 months probation and a $1,000 fine if convicted.

And then today...

In an update on Rich Swann being arrested over the weekend, Swann was released from police custody on Sunday under the terms that he doesn't have direct or indirect hostile contact with his wife.

With Rich Swann being suspended, WWE is no longer advertising Swann vs. Drew Gulak for tonight's episode of RAW.

ucsdguy1
December 11th, 2017, 11:01 AM
wow

TooCool
December 11th, 2017, 11:18 AM
By the way, I'm keeping an eye out until Happy Rusev Day shirts go on sale... $28 for a t-shirt is definitely pricey.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/40d093a044149b4a9608a9c48fe8eaea/tumblr_p0jrr6fvcV1u1ljrzo2_540.gif

Speaking of pricey, those championship belts are ridiculously overpriced! Do any of you guys have one or ever think of buying one?

The replica one is as close to real as it gets and it's $400... https://shop.wwe.com/wwe-championship-replica-title-belt-%282014%29/W07717.html?dwvar_W07717_color=No%20Color#curr=USD&start=4

And they just released these new "Deluxe" titles. I think they're as close to authentic with real leather. But $750? Get the **** out of here Vince. https://shop.wwe.com/deluxe-wwe-championship-replica-title/M10021.html?dwvar_M10021_color=No%20Color#curr=USD&start=1

Most of the time, they'll have titles on sale for around 20% off. But still, way too rich for my blood. If it was $100 I might bite the bullet.. but I don't think it'll ever fall to that price. Funny thing is, I might just take a picture with it once or twice and then put it away. It just looks so pretty.

ucsdguy1
December 11th, 2017, 12:26 PM
I was in the same boat on the shirt. If you see any deals pop up let me know!

Sent a Karma comment but the $19.99 replica belt I got at target suits me just fine

ucsdguy1
December 11th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Sent a Karma comment but the $19.99 replica belt I got at target suits me just fine

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/15046187?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

TooCool
December 13th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Thanks. I'll have to look at the toys section in Target sometime next week to see if I like what I see. I could be tempted... lol

WWE Shop is doing 40% off today and I looked. Almost all the shirts are 40% off, including the newest "Yep" shirts. But Happy Rusev Day shirts are still full price. Lame.

As for Smackdown Live... I really wonder if Daniel is going to turn heel by adding himself as a second guest referee. Or you could get a swerve and Shane turns heel instead.

Then you got Rusev/English defeating The Usos and they beat The New Day last year. I know it's a simple way to make them look like a "threat" going into the Fatal Four Way at Clash of Champions. I really hope they get the tag titles or at least give it to Gable/Benjamin. As great as the Usos and New Day have been, we need different teams to hold these titles or it gets boring fast.

Colin Delaney got a match last night :woot: That scream by the other jobber was so hilarious. (If you didn't see it, he screams at around the 53 second mark.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qunAukIMO-E

And Carmella definitely have to cash in that Money in the Bank on Sunday right? Lumberjack match... I can see The Riott squad causing enough of a distraction to allow Carmella to win the title. Hell, have her join the squad while they're at it. Make it look like she's the leader this whole time after she ditched Ellsworth.

ucsdguy1
December 13th, 2017, 03:45 PM
I checked and saw the same thing with the Rusev shirt. Lame.

Interesting theory with Carmella as the leader, but they probably would've had called it something without Ruby Riot's name in it.

Other note: at 4:00 today USA is airing an NXT episode for the first time. (Actually I have directv and basic cable is on east coast time, so could be 7:00 local with our systems).

ucsdguy1
December 14th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Other note: at 4:00 today USA is airing an NXT episode for the first time. (Actually I have directv and basic cable is on east coast time, so could be 7:00 local with our systems).

And kind of meh. Cien and AoP matches were basically quick squashes, quite a few vignettes. The Cole/Black match was fun though, although I feel these guys are capable of giving much more with more time. Surprised to see Cole go down cleanly

TooCool
December 14th, 2017, 10:26 AM
And kind of meh. Cien and AoP matches were basically quick squashes, quite a few vignettes. The Cole/Black match was fun though, although I feel these guys are capable of giving much more with more time. Surprised to see Cole go down cleanly

Agreed. I saw it on WWE Network last night, not USA Network.

I mean, I figured they would know ahead of time that the USA Network was going to air THIS episode specifically right? Why else would they put Alams, AOP, Ember Moon, Aleister Black and Adam Cole on it?

But yeah, it was a pretty weak episode overall. Like you said, Almas with a squash win over Fabian Aichner (who I think is boring). Then you got AOP squashing Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch. I loved the 1 on 1 battles by Lorcan and Burch yet here they got squashed easily.

Peyton Royce didn't put up much of a fight against Ember Moon either which was surprising. But at least Billie Kay finally did something and attacked Ember herself before Nikki Cross showed up. And finally, the Cole/Black match was well below average. I think they only had 10 minutes to throw something together. And yeah, Cole losing cleanly was interesting.

I think overall that is where a one hour show can hurt them. You try to cram as many stars in, they're all short on time. I think that's where some matches on Smackdown suffer compared to RAW as well.

ucsdguy1
December 17th, 2017, 10:20 PM
I’m only 2 matches in, but this crowd reaction for rusev is fantastic.

Are you listening Vince??

LetTigerIn
December 19th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Pretty solid PPV. I am curious how they will proceed on Smackdown tonight.

Also, Happy Rusev Day.

ucsdguy1
December 19th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Rusev Claus.

ucsdguy1
December 20th, 2017, 11:55 AM
http://78.media.tumblr.com/55e1c1b2a0f0b5c64be4937a8d945bc1/tumblr_p18vuqW0661u1ljrzo1_500.gif

TooCool
December 20th, 2017, 11:53 PM
http://78.media.tumblr.com/55e1c1b2a0f0b5c64be4937a8d945bc1/tumblr_p18vuqW0661u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Thankfully, Aiden English isn't on that list. :lol:

So quick thoughts on Clash of Champions.

- The US Title match was a lot of fun because they kept a fast pace throughout the whole match. Ziggler winning was a great surprise because I think everyone expected him to get pinned by Corbin so that Bobby Roode doesn't look weak in the loss. Instead, Corbin got pinned instead. Hell, I even loved that tease when Roode hit the Glorious DDT on Ziggler and Corbin tried to throw Roode out, only for Roode to counter and throw Corbin out. Great surprise.

- The Fatal Four Way Tag Title match would have been better off as a Fatal Four Way Tornado Tag because there was a lot going on anyway. You could see the crowd was fully behind Rusev Day. They really should have won. I love the Usos in their heel role (though they're acting like faces too), but I want to see the Tag belts on some other team besides Usos or New Day. Look at RAW and how it's only been The Bar and The Shield. It's as if all their tag teams don't exist either. Smackdown at least utilize the other tag teams but they need to win the titles every so often.

- The Women's Lumberjack match was clunky mainly because they interfered a lot but also weird because Naomi was the only face outside the ring (which explains why she stood by herself on one side of the ring.) Carmella had weeks to cash in the control when the Riott squad laid waste to Charlotte and then here she tries to cash it in only to get stopped by everyone. She must not know how this thing works... lol

- Fashion Police getting steamrolled is no surprise but where were their best friends The Ascension? At least have them come out and try to help the Fashion Police. Hell, it would make the Bludgeon Brothers look even better if they took out 4 guys.

- Orton/Nakamura vs Owens/Zayn was a mess but it was all storyline related so I guess that's okay. One thing they missed out on was that if Owens thought Shane was slow counting his pinfall attempts, why the hell wouldn't he attempt a pinfall on Daniel's side? I guess even the guys in the ring didn't know how they wanted to work the match.

- Mahal/Styles match, I actually enjoyed more than I expected. AJ Styles really sold the moves Jinder dished out and Jinder actually used a lot of moves that made him look like a complete wrestler. Too bad most people are already biased against Jinder and won't give him a chance. I still blame Vince and the WWE for making him a jobber for way too long. It's nearly impossible for him to bounce back and be taken seriously.

ucsdguy1
December 21st, 2017, 09:32 AM
It's interesting with Diggler winning and leaving the belt in the ring tuesday night. A lot of the dirt rags have him up in the air as to whether he's going to re-sign with wwe or walk out, but I seriously doubt they give him the belt if there's a chance of him leaving.

Smackdown has some good potential in their tag team divisions going. Speaking of Rusev, his hulk hogan-ish pumping of his fists and shaking his head in adrenaline while the crowd is chanting Rusev-Day is once again, fantastic.

AJ is so good and can make a good match with anyone at this point. A little early to groom for Styles/Nakamura, but probably headed that way at some point.

One thing about Stephanie's announcement of the women's battle royal monday night. So raw women come out to battle Paige's click. Stephanie's entrance hits, everyone stops, and after the announcement all hold hands and celebrate in the ring. I get that it's a big deal and another groundbreaker, but did storylines/feuds just again go out the door on live tv?

And they sure did no favors in giving credibility to the riott squad by having charlotte and naomi squash them tuesday night.

LetTigerIn
December 21st, 2017, 10:53 AM
- Orton/Nakamura vs Owens/Zayn was a mess but it was all storyline related so I guess that's okay. One thing they missed out on was that if Owens thought Shane was slow counting his pinfall attempts, why the hell wouldn't he attempt a pinfall on Daniel's side? I guess even the guys in the ring didn't know how they wanted to work the match.

That would have been a good spot with the pinfall. Also would have been a good way early in the match to show that Daniel Bryan was going to be impartial.

- Mahal/Styles match, I actually enjoyed more than I expected. AJ Styles really sold the moves Jinder dished out and Jinder actually used a lot of moves that made him look like a complete wrestler. Too bad most people are already biased against Jinder and won't give him a chance. I still blame Vince and the WWE for making him a jobber for way too long. It's nearly impossible for him to bounce back and be taken seriously.

AJ is so good and can make a good match with anyone at this point.

AJ is still the best in the company right now. I wonder who might the the one or ones to hold that place in the future. Any thoughts?

As for Jinder, I think he's over enough. I don't think he's been hampered (because you can't hinder Jinder) by losing so many matches as the amount he's buoyed is limited by him being a weak heel, who can't win without the Singh brothers. If they want to really get him over as a monster (which I'm not sure they do), he could really use a good, clean win. I also still think he should be a babyface, too, but I think he would burn out much faster that way.

One thing about Stephanie's announcement of the women's battle royal monday night. So raw women come out to battle Paige's click. Stephanie's entrance hits, everyone stops, and after the announcement all hold hands and celebrate in the ring. I get that it's a big deal and another groundbreaker, but did storylines/feuds just again go out the door on live tv?

Apparently, none of those ladies knew what Stephanie's announcement was going to be, hence the reaction?

I also meant to mention that what I liked about the PPV was that the opening two matches were really, really good; the main event was also very good; and the matches in the middle were solid enough. I don't mind that Usos win so much, because the match was so good it made everyone look strong, and really elevated the two non-Uso/non-New-Day teams enough. They are in a good position to mix it all up and have some good competition now.

ucsdguy1
December 22nd, 2017, 09:20 AM
I strongly encourage the watching of NXT from Wednesday night.

Sanity/Undisputed - Eric Young is becoming masterful at the art of the sell. Surprise ending.While I'm not quite sold on the Undisputed guys just yet, Adam Cole does have that certain something in his look and smile.

A fun short promo with Heavy Machinery (bring em along hunter).

Roderick Strong/Lars Sullivan: I think we all knew Sullivan would win, but they let Strong get a surprising amount of offense in. Sullivan took some bumps that were pretty darn good for a guy his size. But man that guy is a beast.

Pete Dunne/Tyler Bate - I swear these guys are incapable of having a bad match. Not quite as high flying as the Takeover: Chicago match, but tons of ring psychology. And a crap ton of "oh my god" moments. These two have incredibly ring chemistry. I think a 20-25 minute match, and so, so, so much fun. I hope these guys wrestle 20 more times.

TooCool
December 26th, 2017, 07:04 PM
The opening to Smackdown Live was great tonight. Rusev Day is so over and WWE still won't let them win. What a bunch of morons I tell ya.

ucsdguy1
December 26th, 2017, 09:41 PM
Side note, turns out a few weeks ago for an anniversary gift my wife decided to buy me a happy rusev day shirt (something about “well i don’t know what it means but you’ve mentioned it 30 times”). Having still not received, customer service told her today the shirt is already on back order; new products expected to hit their warehouse for shipping on January 1st. Back order already. SO OVER

And yes, thankfully i should still receive in plenty of time for rusev day

TooCool
December 28th, 2017, 06:47 PM
I strongly encourage the watching of NXT from Wednesday night.

Sanity/Undisputed - Eric Young is becoming masterful at the art of the sell. Surprise ending.While I'm not quite sold on the Undisputed guys just yet, Adam Cole does have that certain something in his look and smile.

A fun short promo with Heavy Machinery (bring em along hunter).

Roderick Strong/Lars Sullivan: I think we all knew Sullivan would win, but they let Strong get a surprising amount of offense in. Sullivan took some bumps that were pretty darn good for a guy his size. But man that guy is a beast.

Pete Dunne/Tyler Bate - I swear these guys are incapable of having a bad match. Not quite as high flying as the Takeover: Chicago match, but tons of ring psychology. And a crap ton of "oh my god" moments. These two have incredibly ring chemistry. I think a 20-25 minute match, and so, so, so much fun. I hope these guys wrestle 20 more times.

I finally had a chance to watch this episode last night. Great stuff. Glad the episode went an hour and 12 minutes so you know they didn't have to rush anything by trying to squeeze it under an hour.

- I agree with you on the Undisputed guys. Adam Cole has that look where he oozes charisma but Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly still look way too generic right now.

- So now Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbatelli moved on from losing to the Street Profits to losing to... Heavy Machinery? I can dig that. Unfortunately, Moss and Sabbatelli's gimmick doesn't work for me. Are they suppose to be rich? Because why? They're down in NXT. I'm not saying you're suppose to be poor in NXT or anything but they have nice fancy cars and they wrestle? That's the issue I have.

- Lars Sullivan worked a really good match with Roddy. They even improved on Sullivan's entrance with the dark silhouette while he's standing in the ring. Love it. His music is bad ass too.

- And you were absolutely right about Dunne/Bate. What a freaking match. A bit unfortunate that the crowd was mostly dead for it (unless my volume was too low). There were chants here and there but not everyone was doing it. I don't blame them though since they had to sit through 4-5 hours of taping. That stomp on the fingers looked brutal and I'm seriously surprised they allow that kind of move to be honest. I think if Bate doesn't adjust his hand right as Dunne is going to stomp on it, he could break his fingers for real. It would be cool to have Tyler Bate become a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble too. That weird move he does off the rope where he blocks with his neck/shoulders? I can see him doing that to save himself from a few eliminations.

ucsdguy1
December 29th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Yes not a good crowd. A prevailing opinion seems to be the multi-hour takings are killing crowd intensity. I didn’t even think it was as stellar as it could be for the fatal 4 way this week, which by the way was also much fun.

Killian going at Sullivan was one of those “oh boy it’s on” moments.

Undisputed attacking black was out of nowhere, but I guess sets up a Cole/Black feud. Could be good but at this point who loses?

Gargano getting the win was a nice touch for him. My guess is he still loses in title match as they seemingly want to build some cred for Almas. Was there any word on Ciampa’s injury? Perhaps interference?

Street Profits seem to finally be getting somewhat of a push other than just just over jobbers based on their short mic work.

Bate in the rumble would be great, but he’d probably just get lost in the shuffle. How about Eric young? Or Nikki Cross a surprise entrant in the women’s rumble?

TooCool
January 3rd, 2018, 02:17 PM
Yes not a good crowd. A prevailing opinion seems to be the multi-hour takings are killing crowd intensity. I didn’t even think it was as stellar as it could be for the fatal 4 way this week, which by the way was also much fun.

Killian going at Sullivan was one of those “oh boy it’s on” moments.

Undisputed attacking black was out of nowhere, but I guess sets up a Cole/Black feud. Could be good but at this point who loses?

Gargano getting the win was a nice touch for him. My guess is he still loses in title match as they seemingly want to build some cred for Almas. Was there any word on Ciampa’s injury? Perhaps interference?

Street Profits seem to finally be getting somewhat of a push other than just just over jobbers based on their short mic work.

Bate in the rumble would be great, but he’d probably just get lost in the shuffle. How about Eric young? Or Nikki Cross a surprise entrant in the women’s rumble?

Happy New Year!

Good points all around. That Fatal Four Way was fun and the crowd was surprisingly kind of alive for that when they were kinda quiet for Bate/Dunne. The table spot was really cool and it's a good way to make Lars and Killian look strong.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the "endgame" looks like for Black/Cole. Cole already lost clean, so surely he gets the win back? WWE does love their 50/50 booking after all. I guess you could just easily have the Undisputed Era continue to interfere to give Adam Cole the cheap win so Aleister Black doesn't look weak in the loss.

I personally don't think Almas is going to successfully defend his title moving forward. Johnny Gargano is winning the NXT title. Plus, Almas already beat Gargano in one of the TakeOver PPV last year when Zelina threw a DIY shirt at him. I think Gargano wins here and it'll set up an epic feud between him and Ciampa for TakeOver Wrestlemania. The whole story behind the betrayal was Ciampa knowing he was hurt and he wanted to make sure Gargano couldn't wrestle either. (That and he was sick of how people only chanted Johnny Wrestling right?) So to have Gargano become NXT Champion without Ciampa, that has to piss him off.

I can definitely see Eric Young make a Rumble appearnace. I wonder if they'll give it to Killian Dain again since he randomly showed up in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal at Mania. One thing I can definitely see happening now is a comedy spot between Elias and Aiden English. Hell, they might even enter #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) and #2 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) respectively and will try to out sing one another or do a duet.

And on a side note, I'm maybe more interested in the Woman's Royal Rumble match mainly because of all the potential surprise entrants. There has to be at least 10 spots available for NXT and past divas to show up. Any guesses? If Ronda Rousey is in it, they're definitely going to have her win the match for media purposes. I think Trish Stratus and Lita shows up 100%, no doubt about that. We might even see Michelle McCool and Beth Phoenix too. For NXT wrestlers getting a chance, it'll have to be Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Nikki Cross, and maybe Kairi Sane. Heck, you can even throw in Ember Moon. And last of all... it wouldn't surprise me if Stephanie entered herself in the freaking match. After all, she loves the spotlight. Just like when she announced that Women's Royal Rumble match, she made it all about her lol.

ucsdguy1
January 3rd, 2018, 08:49 PM
I’m trying to think of other women’s rumble surprise entrants but drawing a blank. Francine and/or Beulah Mcgillicutty?

TooCool
January 10th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Oh yeah... WWEShop actually had a 30% off T-Shirt sale on Monday. I added the Rusev Day shirt to the cart but couldn't get myself to finalize the order because shipping was ****ing 7 bucks. I mean, come on now.

I tried using promo codes where you get free shipping or 5 bucks off purchases more than 25 (added a Nakamura shirt to get over $25) and it didn't work. So bleh... I'll wait for another deal then.

ucsdguy1
January 11th, 2018, 12:13 PM
And yes real nice having Rusev start off the year losing cleanly to Breezango. I'm all for Breezango but geezus

TooCool
January 11th, 2018, 01:42 PM
And yes real nice having Rusev start off the year losing cleanly to Breezango. I'm all for Breezango but geezus

Yep... that dreaded rollup of doom is the greatest finisher of all time. I seriously hate how the writers have this mindset. "Have ____ person/team lose to a rollup. This makes it so that it's a weak win so it doesn't hurt the loser." But it also doesn't exactly make the winner look credible either. What is most annoying about the rollup finish is that WWE does it at least once a week. Hate it so much.

I think that's how Titus Worldwide beat The Bar too on RAW.

TooCool
January 12th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Dirt Sheet reports are saying that Paige's in-ring career might be over when she got injured in a House Show a few weeks back. That is awfully crappy since she's only 25.

ucsdguy1
January 12th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Saw that. Too bad. She can hopefully stay on as a manager, outside-ring talent, and/or perhaps an NXT trainer.

TooCool
January 14th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Do you guys know if NXT is gone from Full Sail permanently?

They did the first set of tapings in Center Stage Atlanta last week and I just watched the most recent NXT episode. I have to say... I don't like the way the entrance is positioned with the ring. Take the 1st match for example when Ember Moon had to come out for the save. She had to slowly walk down the stairs to do so. It makes it look awkward compared to running down the entrance ramp and sliding to the ring if you know what I mean.

The only decent thing is maybe during the main event. When the Undisputed Era and Regal, Strong, Black were all in close range with each other. :lol:

ucsdguy1
January 14th, 2018, 10:11 PM
Haven’t heard anything. I haven’t seen this past episode yet, now will be curious..

LetTigerIn
January 16th, 2018, 12:30 PM
I know nothing about Full Sail, but I am now intrigued by maybe the possibility of forcing the wrestlers to enter via ladder and/or placing other random obstacles along their path to the ring.

Dexter
January 16th, 2018, 11:10 PM
Ricochet is my favorite bro forever. He better not job to Enzo.

ucsdguy1
January 17th, 2018, 09:19 AM
Ricochet is my favorite bro forever. He better not job to Enzo.
Yeah he, EC3, bobby lashley were lighting up the sheet rags yesterday. I'll admit I don't know much about Ricochet, does he have that certain something or will he be someone that gets lost in the shuffle again?

Good on Bobby Roode for becoming US champion, but the whole thing felt a bit anti climactic? Maybe because it's so close to all the royal rumble and raw 25th anniversary hoopla.

Speaking of 25th anniversary, still one of my fav moments...test uh fiy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvkK7kwRi7Q

TooCool
January 17th, 2018, 02:03 PM
Yeah he, EC3, bobby lashley were lighting up the sheet rags yesterday. I'll admit I don't know much about Ricochet, does he have that certain something or will he be someone that gets lost in the shuffle again?

Good on Bobby Roode for becoming US champion, but the whole thing felt a bit anti climactic? Maybe because it's so close to all the royal rumble and raw 25th anniversary hoopla.

Ricochet was Prince Puma on Lucha Underground. That guy can wrestle with the best of them. He is an insane high-flyer but knowing WWE, he's going to be grounded like they do with the Cruiserweight Division. Unfortunately, people say that Ricochet has zero mic skills but I wouldn't know. I stopped watching Lucha Underground somewhere in their 2nd season but as far as I can remember, he never talked. Putting him on NXT could be good for building up his mic work and you know he can put on a great match down in NXT so let him do that.

EC3 was Derrick Bateman when he was with WWE during those silly NXT seasons. WWE never really used him or gave him a fair shot. So I really wonder why he'll return. In the end, I'm sure money talks so maybe that's why he might come back. But I don't watch TNA so I don't know how good he is. But he has to be right? If they allowed him to be TNA World Chaampion a few times.

As for Bobby Lashley, I'm okay with him returning as long as he returns as a full time wrestler. The last thing we need is another Brock Lesnar type of wrestler that rarely shows up.

And for Smackdown last night... it was kind of a weird show. I didn't hate it but I also didn't really enjoy it. It was a good wrestling show and I liked that the focus was on the US Title. (They pulled the US Tourney Finals from the Rumble PPV hours before the show probably due to time constraints). So it was good that they focused on it instead of putting the match on a 2 hour pre-show that no one will watch.

Jinder looked good but the wrestling style they have him work can be boring for most people. It's the ground and pound style where the faces just sell the hell out of their ribs (like Roode did). AJ Styles appeared in one backstage segment along with The Usos and Gable/Benjamin. That was... pretty much it.

I also watched the Mixed Match Challenge on Facebook and Nattie took the predictable loss. At least it wasn't Shinsuke. Ultimately, I wonder what the number of viewers WWE is looking for here with Facebook. I think they got 130k views at the most. It's a good way to see who is and who isn't popular in the upcoming weeks. I'm thinking less people will tune in for Miz/Asuka vs Big E/Carmella. Overall though, I don't care much for the concept with the winner donating to charity. I'm sure all the charities are getting money regardless and having pre-determined winners/losers for a charity sounds dumb.

LetTigerIn
January 17th, 2018, 02:51 PM
Here's probably the most renowned Ricochet match from a couple of years ago. NSFW due to some language from Ospreay. I just re-watched it while I was searching for a link, and I think to a certain extent this shows that Ricochet may be able to transition to WWE and still be able to keep his in-ring panache (although pretty much his entire Lucha Underground run also proves this). You can also sort of guess the areas where WWE will probably want to see improvement. I, for one, am rooting for his success. From the earliest days, it was clear that he is a special talent. Hopefully, he can round out his skills and become a bonafide superstar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2tzwazU3yY

ucsdguy1
January 17th, 2018, 08:04 PM
Right so Heavy Machinery just channeled the bushwackers and Scotty 2 hottie.
So in. But the push is not ready yet.

And after watching nxt tonight, I see what you mean on the entrance ramp. Those steps are crazy awkward and someone’s going to get injured running down (or up) them.

ucsdguy1
January 19th, 2018, 04:28 PM
And now, I give you Rusev and Lana as the Rock and Mankind

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery_img_l/public/all/2018/01/001_Attitude_12192017jg_1409--7e7443cfb965d45f81f958c4c3212711.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery_img_l/public/all/2018/01/002_RAW_09261999_0020--2101e745c44ee6ce345a261ecb9af362.jpg

TooCool
January 19th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Who knew that it was Rusev Day back then too?! :)

ucsdguy1
January 23rd, 2018, 09:00 AM
Quick Raw 25th anniversary thoughts:

- Did they really need 2 venues for all that?
- Austin's stunners to Shane and Vince seemed to go in slow motion. They couldn't let him say anything?
- 25th anniversary and no Rock?
- Raw is still Jericho
- I thought the Balor Club was about go heel and attack DX. It was fun to see them and DX go through the motions, but certainly didn't do much in the way of adding credibility to the revival
- Speaking of DX and the bad guy, no Diesel?
- The dudley boyz still got it
- Chuckled as the the "one more match" chants interrupted the undertaker saying it was finally time to rest in peace.
- Despite the untied turnbuckle, classy for the Miz to beat Reigns outright. This will surely set up Reigns against either Lesnar or Strowman at Wrestlemania right?
- "Damn"

Update: sounds like the fans in the Manhattan Center (who paid a lot for tickets) weren't pleased
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755464-wwe-raw-25-fans-at-manhattan-center-chant-bulls-t-king-and-jr-may-be-asleep

TooCool
January 23rd, 2018, 09:26 AM
Loved the opening segment of RAW. The fans want to cheer Vince but he just had to go and be the heel we all know and love. That "a-hole" chant was great. Austin still gets one of the biggest pops in the business with Daniel Bryan right behind him.

Shame that Shane had to take 2 stunners. I mean seriously, you can't have Steph take one? Come on now. Vince taking one for being in his 70s is damn impressive. The kick to his gut was weak but he landed really well on the stunner. It sounds silly because we can all see the Stunners coming, yet I'm giddy with joy when it happens.

After that... RAW was RAW, which means it was a waste of time.

The only half decent match was Miz/Reigns for the IC Title. Glad Miz got the title back but unfortunately that means Roman is winning the Rumble again. :facepalm:

Great seeing past superstars show up although I think they could have done a better job giving a rub to the current roster. Trish Stratus, Torrie Wilson, Terri Runnels, and Kelly Kelly looked amazing.

And last of all... yeah, I was reading the tweets all night on the RAW in Manhattan Center. What a mess that was. I was wondering how they were going to do 2 shows at the same time but they got 1 minute Undertaker promo, a half assed 5 minute match from Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy, a DX segment, and another half assed super rushed match between The Balor Club and Revival. They had two 205 Live Matches as their dark matches... definitely not worth the price of admission. I'm honestly surprised the crowd didn't just keep chanting "refund" or "bull****" during the DX segment. Tell them how you really feel!

ucsdguy1
January 23rd, 2018, 10:18 AM
And last of all... yeah, I was reading the tweets all night on the RAW in Manhattan Center. What a mess that was. I was wondering how they were going to do 2 shows at the same time but they got 1 minute Undertaker promo, a half assed 5 minute match from Bray Wyatt and Matt Hardy, a DX segment, and another half assed super rushed match between The Balor Club and Revival. They had two 205 Live Matches as their dark matches... definitely not worth the price of admission. I'm honestly surprised the crowd didn't just keep chanting "refund" or "bull****" during the DX segment. Tell them how you really feel!
Wait for an ECW reunion show in Philly?

So question - the winner of the royal rumble faces the champion of whatever brand they belong to? So you can have someone from Smackdown win and still set up something where Reigns gets to go after the Universal title. Then you get Nakamura winning to face Styles and we're set. And by that I mean they'll probably have Randy Orton win again.

The second stunner Shane took was nostalgic in having the beer fly everywhere. Still wish Austin would have spoken.

Hearing seats at the Manhattan Center were $500+ and up, with ringside going from $830 to upwards of $1,000. Yikes

TooCool
January 23rd, 2018, 11:10 AM
So question - the winner of the royal rumble faces the champion of whatever brand they belong to? So you can have someone from Smackdown win and still set up something where Reigns gets to go after the Universal title. Then you get Nakamura winning to face Styles and we're set. And by that I mean they'll probably have Randy Orton win again.

The second stunner Shane took was nostalgic in having the beer fly everywhere. Still wish Austin would have spoken.

During the 1st Brand Extension the winner of the Rumble can choose to go after whichever title he wanted. If I remember correctly I think Benoit was on Smackdown and then he jumped ship to RAW to challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship. Either way, they kept having drafts so if Smackdown had two world champions, the other would get shipped to RAW (and vice versa).

It sounds like this time around they haven't really said anything about the winner going after whatever title they want, so if Roman wins, he's going to have to challenge Brock by default. I think WWE should just keep the WWE Championship on Smackdown and the Universal Championship on RAW. It was confusing then RAW/Smackdown had WWE and World Heavyweight title on a yearly basis.

And to answer your question, yeah... it doesn't matter who wins the Rumble. If for example a Smackdown guy wins it, then RAW has a Elimination Chamber PPV in February anyway and they can determine the #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) contender there. And if a RAW guy wins it, Smackdown has a Fastlane PPV in Early March to determine the #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) contender as well.

And I agree with you, they should have let Austin speak on the mic. I wonder if it's because of time constraints or if they knew he wouldn't be PG. He did have a backstage interview with Mike Rome though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEQUSOYNnko

TooCool
January 23rd, 2018, 12:03 PM
And Enzo just got released by the WWE because some crazy chick accused him of rape back in October. Obviously, if he did rape her that's not right. But right now we live in a world of "let's just accuse people without proof because I can"... so it's a tough call.

Surprised that they released him so fast without anything going to trial.

ucsdguy1
January 23rd, 2018, 01:03 PM
Well Austin still managed to get a bunch of middle fingers in the air, however "PG" that is.

I assume WWE knew something if they outright released Enzo, but yeah in the words of ron simmons......damn

LetTigerIn
January 23rd, 2018, 04:49 PM
It looks like whether or not Enzo is guilty, Fightful.com is reporting that (https://www.fightful.com/enzo-amore-accused-rape)…

… WWE were "livid" because Enzo was aware of the allegations, and didn't inform them before it broke Monday.

Considering the other rumors surrounding Enzo, this could be just the opportune way to shed Enzo ala Mike Richards.

Later in the article, Fightful also reports on an acquaintance of the accuser, who seems to be able to refute some of the details previously provided.

What a mess.

ucsdguy1
January 25th, 2018, 11:01 AM
For a weekly show and lead in to Takeover, the Gargano/Velveteen Dream match last night was actually really entertaining. The rest of the show, not so much. But I recommend that match if you have the time.

TooCool
January 25th, 2018, 01:11 PM
For a weekly show and lead in to Takeover, the Gargano/Velveteen Dream match last night was actually really entertaining. The rest of the show, not so much. But I recommend that match if you have the time.

I'll definitely have to get caught up tonight and tomorrow. It's funny, I'm once again not too excited for the TakeOver PPV this Saturday but you know they're going to steal the show anyway... which is why I'll definitely watch it =D

So far I'm at the part where your boys Heavy Machinery lost to Sabbatelli and Moss. What the hell is up with Dozovic doing the Worm? I hope they don't become comic relief or anything like that... At least they didn't lose cleanly. Leave it the WWE logic once again where the heels used the ropes to win but hey, where's the instant replay that they did with Gable/Benjamin and The Usos?

ucsdguy1
January 26th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Finn Balor posted the below on his twitter with the caption: "Note to self, Do NOT do this at Royal Rumble"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUe9XxhU0AA7qCm.jpg

I had to chuckle

ucsdguy1
January 26th, 2018, 04:31 PM
and available now for your purchasing pleasure at $9.99

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/10102375/RDCalenday.png

https://shop.wwe.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-main/default/dw94122e2b/images/large/HA3007A.jpg

https://shop.wwe.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-main/default/dw52353771/images/large/HA3007C.jpg

LetTigerIn
January 26th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Finn Balor posted the below on his twitter with the caption: "Note to self, Do NOT do this at Royal Rumble"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUe9XxhU0AA7qCm.jpg

I had to chuckle

Image doesn't show up for me. I had to check the link from the quote. Silly ol' Finn.

TooCool
January 26th, 2018, 05:33 PM
and available now for your purchasing pleasure at $9.99

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/10102375/RDCalenday.png

https://shop.wwe.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-main/default/dw94122e2b/images/large/HA3007A.jpg

https://shop.wwe.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-main/default/dw52353771/images/large/HA3007C.jpg

Holy crap that is genius!

ucsdguy1
January 26th, 2018, 05:48 PM
I just bought 2 :)

TooCool
January 28th, 2018, 04:17 PM
They just announced that the Rumble winner can choose which title to go for. That makes things a little more interesting.

ucsdguy1
January 28th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Quick Nxt takeover thoughts:

Paul Heyman cutting the promo from an event in Philadelphia gave me goosebumps.

Gargano/Cien: great great match and crowd was hot. But ending really bugged me. Gargano’s wife shows up to chase off Melina. Perfect time for gargano to win. If gargano is not going to win, then have ciampa get involved before match end and cause him to lose. That saves face for Johnny wrestling rather than having him lose cleanly. Also thought after he slowly walked the ramp and got ovation, it might have been his nxt swan song, until ciampa arrived that is.

Black/Cole: crazy match and very ecw-worthy. That super kick to the chair causing black to fall on two tables was so rvd/sabu ish. So much fun. I was debating how either could take a loss. Good for black. Once again Cole shows all kinds of charisma, but losing again does him no favors credibility wise. Sanity vs undisputed should be fun, but the undisputed guys still are so generic. I don’t see anything yet that gets them over at the top. AOP going to the big leagues?

Moon/Baysler: I still don’t know if I’m spelling baysler right. Good sell on the arm injury from Moon, and the countless arm bars she didn’t submit on. Baysler has some ring skill to work on, but plays the bully heel well.

Velveteen Dream: there’s something to this guy. I don’t see how the gimmick works top level, but there’s something to him.

ucsdguy1
January 28th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Well I’m emotional and my first reaction is “what the $&@“ Rousey just ruined Asuke’s moment and took away from a solid rumble.

I’ll sleep on it

TooCool
January 28th, 2018, 11:24 PM
Well I’m emotional and my first reaction is “what the $&@“ Rousey just ruined Asuke’s moment and took away from a solid rumble.

I’ll sleep on it

Who knew that this whole time all you had to do was just come out after the Rumble and just point to the sign? :)

Good thing pyro didn't explode when Ronda Rousey did it because people would be like, "WTF? No pyro for Shinsuke and Asuka but pyro for Ronda?!" :lol:

I'll post my thoughts on it tomorrow as well after I sleep on it. All I have to say is... wow, the Rumble was fun. All the right people won for once and it might have been the first good Rumble in at least 5 years.

I'm also stoked that Ronda Rousey is signed to a full-time contract as well. When I first heard her name being thrown around for Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania, I wasn't happy about that especially if it was a one-off thing. I personally don't care for the UFC so if she was going to steal the spotlight, that wasn't cool. But to read that she's fully committed to being a wrestler and wanting to work full-time. Props to her. I know she had been training for months at the Performance Center too, so props to her for that.

ucsdguy1
January 29th, 2018, 09:22 PM
Well at least they let asuke have some kind of moment tonight without rousey.

Just watch the highlight of banks’ dive through ropes and asuke’s kick to her face. I damn near thought Sasha broke her neck (once again).

Uh, so what’s next for Roman now? (I bet he gets into the elimination chamber)

LetTigerIn
January 30th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Well, WWE has two of the four horsewomen now. They should put Rousey together with her horsewomen chum Baszler and package them with, say, Charlotte and Nattie as a hybrid Four Horsewomen.

TooCool
January 30th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Alright, now that I got to sleep on it here are my Rumble thoughts if I remember.. :lol:

WWE Championship Match: AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn - It's a shame that Kevin Owens is kind of injured here (he hurt his back a few weeks before the Rumble and worked an extremely light schedule leading up to the PPV). It's probably why it was a handicap match in the first place and pretty obvious why Sami Zayn worked the bulk of the match. This match would have been off the charts if Owens was at 100%. But they told a good enough story. I'm not sure what they're trying to do here with the bogus officiating. I thought that AJ/Kevin feud with Shane vs Kevin at Hell in a Cell was suppose to settle the officiating beef. Guess not. What sucks about the ref missing the non tag was that the following match... Gable had no reaction to what happened in the previous match.

Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin vs The Usos - You'd think Gable would be allowed to quickly rant about Owens/Zayn getting screwed and how they got screwed on Smackdown. But instead, let's just have that 2 out of 3 falls match. What I enjoyed about the match was that it wasn't your typical "lets trade falls quickly" kind of match. Instead they fought for a good while to get that 1st fall. Then instead of allowing Gable/Benjamin to look good and get the 2nd fall, they have a "mis-communication" of sorts and The Usos quickly won 2-0. And I've said this before... The Usos and New Day are great, but switch it up already. All these other teams challenging for the title and constantly losing only hurts them in the long run. I wonder if they'll finally give The Bludgeon Brothers a run at the title now.

Men's Royal Rumble Match - Easily the best match of the night. Shinsuke Nakamura won so that's the right call. Rusev and Balor starting was not what I expected but they made it work. Rusev was in there for at least 30 minutes but I don't remember him eliminating anyone... Balor lasted almost an hour so that's good for him. Corbin getting eliminated super fast surprised me but what they did with Heath Slater was hilarious. I cheered big time when Andrade Cien Almas and Adam Cole got a chance in the Rumble. Goldust coming out at #29 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=29) was a complete waste and Dolph Ziggler showing up at #30 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=30) ended up being pointless. WWE really doesn't know what to do with Dolph's character. You have someone like that relinquish the US Title because he deserves better, only to have him appear at #30 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=30) and get tossed out in 2 minutes or less. What's the point?

Rey Mysterio showing up at #27 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=27) and Hurricane Helms showing up at #21 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=21) was great. They even tried to do a generational battle between Cena, Orton, Mysterio vs Reigns, Balor, and Nakamura. That was interesting. They they had Cena and Reigns team up as if they wanted to get rid of the "newbies" in Balor and Nakamura. Overall, I think it was the first Rumble in at least 5 years that was well booked. So thank you WWE for finally doing something right.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm also not a fan of Tye Dillinger losing his spot like that via a backstage attack. Granted, we all knew Tye wasn't going to win anyway but still... It was funny though that when he music hit at #10 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10) , Graves said, "Again?!" Besides, if you're going to steal someone's number, shouldn't you attack someone above #25? (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=25%3F) Why the hell would you pick #10? (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10%3F) So yeah... Zayn stole the spot and also did nothing with it. I do wonder how that'll play on Smackdown. Will they let Tye get revenge? Or will they forget it happened?

RAW Tag Team Championship Match: The Bar vs Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan - Yikes... sucks for these guys to follow the Royal Rumble match. This was a bathroom break match, no doubt about it. I didn't care for this match, I was burnt out. I'm sure the crowd was the same way. Also, Jason Jordan also couldn't really wrestle in this one since he too, like Owens is suffering from a back injury. What a shame. So props goes to Rollins for really working his butt off. He lasted like 15-20 minutes in the Rumble match and worked the majority of this match. The tag title change was obvious and I think we'll finally see a heel turn from Jordan. Not sure where this will lead to. Are they doing Angle vs Rollins at Mania? Maybe a Jordan/Angle match could work too.

Universal Title Match: Brock Lesnar vs Kane vs Braun Strowman - Unfortunately I didn't give a damn about this match too since the winner was obvious. Kane was in this match so he can lose. That's the crappiest part about Brock being a part time champion. You know he won't lose the title (probably a clause in his contract) and no matter how strong they make Braun Strowman look, he never wins the big one. That spot is reserved for Roman Reigns. So yeah.. sucks. Rumor has it that Braun is going to wrestle Miz for the IC Title at Wrestlemania. So you know he won't even be in the Universal Title picture in the upcoming months.

Women's Royal Rumble Match - A lot of fun here too. I think if I had to complain, I think the returning legends like Michelle McCool and Bella Twins did TOO much. You should be putting the new women over, not eliminating them left and right. They also spread out the legends so that they'd only last 5 minutes too. Lita came out too early and was gone before Beth Phoenix came out. Then she was gone before Michelle McCool and Kelly Kelly came out. Then by the time Trish Stratus came out, she was likely the last legend left. So I think that's where they missed the mark just a bit by having them face off with one another. Torrie Wilson looked freaking fantastic. But then I quickly remembered that she sucked at wrestling. Asuka winning was the right call as well since she remains undefeated.

Ronda Rousey appears - I touched on this on my previous post. I really didn't want her to show up and win the Rumble, not if she was a part timer. So for them to announce that she's going to do this full time, amazing. Rumor has it though that she will be teaming with Angle or something against HHH/Steph at Mania. So to have her steal Asuka's spotlight was also a little weird. She just wanted to go to Wrestlemania I guess. :)

Uh, so what’s next for Roman now? (I bet he gets into the elimination chamber)

Yep. He wins the Elimination Chamber and beats Lesnar at Mania. That's the plan that they announced like 6 months ago and that's the plan they're sticking with. =x

ucsdguy1
January 30th, 2018, 12:21 PM
I can’t remember what I posted before, but I figured the missed tag in Owens/Styles will be a way for Daniel Bryan to step in and order some kind of rematch, I guess another holdover match for the ppv before wrestlemania (there is a smackdown one right?). I assume AJ keeps the title, but may lead to something else between Shane/Other vs Owens/Zayn at WM.

I didn’t like Rusev/Balor at 1 and 2 only because I figured it immediately served both of them zero chance to win. But they did get a good amount of time in the match. The crowd was solidly behind Rusev. (and I loved the Rusev Day chants when Lana entered the women’s rumble)

I thought it was interesting that Cole and Almas were the two NXT guys who entered and were both taped up/reeling from physical matches the night before. Almas is super technical and very fast, I thought he performed well for the limited attention they gave him. (Again his match at Takeover was awesome)

Ziggler coming out at #30 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=30) was super, super pointless. I mean after his whole vacating the title THAT is all he came back for?

They set up the first 3 spots for the elimination chamber on Raw last night, with the winner going on face Lesnar at wrestlemania. Did they do Balor any favors once again??? I chuckled at Cena repeatedly apologizing to the crowd and just point to the sign (it’s all about wrestlemania). Give Finn a break! He once again is helped to the back dazed and confused. Will this again lead to a heel turn for him? I assume the other three spots will go to Reigns and two others to be named.

Also the big rumor I saw yesterday was having Rousey team with the Rock to face HHH and Stephanie at Wrestlemania. Another rumor has Strowman taking that spot if the Rock can't do it.

ucsdguy1
January 30th, 2018, 12:38 PM
uh and here's a tweet from Nia Jax on Rousey's arrival:

Cool she’s here....I guess 30 women making history can just be forgotten

And yeah, watch this at the 1:30 mark....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=94&v=k7VphbHrb-Y

LetTigerIn
January 30th, 2018, 02:37 PM
A couple more random notes:

One legends feud did present itself in the Women's Rumble when Stratus eliminated Mickie James. I thought they had a good run back when.

My favorite match of the weekend was AoP vs Undisputed Era for the NXT tag straps.

LetTigerIn
January 30th, 2018, 06:05 PM
Knee… to the face!

ucsdguy1
February 1st, 2018, 11:42 AM
Must've been philly hangover or early super bowl start because that Smackdown crowd was DEAD.

Rusev finally wins an important match. Finally. And about zero reaction. Wouldn't surprise me at all for vince/writers to say "see we told you so" as he gets crushed by Roode and proceeds to drift once again. And has the Rusev comedy been nonexistant his past couple of appearances? Let him loose!

ucsdguy1
February 2nd, 2018, 09:50 AM
It finally came!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/bo_biYwWDU8kc__EeoUY-L12wU0xRwWHbP8a4JTFE1jZ6Hl6yLTk8-m5Kw9nfHG0AzwAnNw4MiQl3ct4nNlR03zpQsJK5MXoJBVrOI6y Y-9RvPD75-IjCMivlh56Us8gkXiva5dU-xTaVv3lKevX6Av-JcQOccCdOfPgUMnWIPiM612GoKVBLzfIATc71Uhu8jzcJq5ANB kWJ9ilYYddAVEM92mhBr6uY_w8tdafGZlUyj-8n9etXvRZ422ffbi0fWd34hqRwDRt1OUX4ZwXm1NffRBVutZxG f_prgbTBrKKpYfwfwPBZeYE6MhQpdB0E8Dify1Qf9jxs5jQSd2 ztq-XhphCxCQBnBKtVMxE339AbiyQeAsBiF2DhYVmYhTD57LItDhDX Pcn65pBc1UmqYm8OLpcvXB0gGGksLHlURN0pyyd6OHiSs11CHL 8R8qfSvG-an6Dcs3sn6Q-tNULMQRkXuI7WcshWCz2tGC3thhXPp8Wg_ljJPbs2wD43WH4Pd f1W-wzn4gIKdUMWta7zd_rHW5RlVMnfSkymbHf9jDsD2uECXvKSzzO lCKeVEtz_C2Gk_rYXYONs2DsJYNY4aAgMs_j-oDH01vE04w=w731-h974-no

LetTigerIn
February 2nd, 2018, 10:25 AM
It finally came!

Sure, the shirt finally came, but Rusev Day has been here all along.

ucsdguy1
February 6th, 2018, 10:02 AM
My highlight of last night was Bliss totally destroying Angle's logic.

TooCool
February 6th, 2018, 11:29 AM
My highlight of last night was Bliss totally destroying Angle's logic.

Haha, I caught that Youtube clip. Way go to Alexa.

Angle also forgot that Asuka can choose to challenge Charlotte for the Smackdown Women's Title... So his booking of Nia Jax vs Asuka doesn't really make sense. If Nia wins, she's in the triple threat match for what? You can't put her in the Smackdown match because that wouldn't make sense (or be fair). You could dump her in the RAW's Women's Title match I suppose. But let's face it, Nia isn't going to be the first person to defeat Asuka. :lol:

And also reading the results I couldn't help but notice that Braun lost another Triple Threat Match. The whole "let's have him lose without taking a pinfall" is getting ridiculous now.

Also one last thing... all these cell phone promos are stupid. I guess it's a trend that WWE is going with now. You guys have high quality cameras... use them!

ucsdguy1
February 6th, 2018, 02:28 PM
Angle also forgot that Asuka can choose to challenge Charlotte for the Smackdown Women's Title... So his booking of Nia Jax vs Asuka doesn't really make sense. If Nia wins, she's in the triple threat match for what? You can't put her in the Smackdown match because that wouldn't make sense (or be fair). m!
Good point I didn't even think of that. This all assumes she's choosing to face Bliss, unless Angle just forgot to say that Nia would be in a triple threat match with whatever champion Asuke chooses to face. That's quite an omission with in and of itself doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And speaking of which, if Asuke chooses to face Charlotte and wins, does she immediately mover over to the Smackdown brand?

ucsdguy1
February 7th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Okay so a few thoughts on yestserday's Rusev Day

1. The crowd interrupting Shane and Daniel's opening segment with a Rusev Day chant was phenomenal, to the point Shane had to make a "noted" comment.
2. The bouncing rusev face to each word of Aiden's lyrics on screen was a great touch.
3. "They basically just called the entire state of Kansas stupid and the entire arena is still chanting Rusev Day. Magic." - Corey Graves

All that being said - they squashed him again. My first thought: with the slow-mo montage of Rusev working out, the insult to the state of Kansas during English's song, along with the couple times Aiden tried to distract the referee during the match makes me still believe they're trying to play him as a true heel. Not smart. Let him be a likeable villain a la jericho with comedic timing. Second thought: the crowd was fairly dead I thought for his match with Roode, seemingly due to the pacing of the match. He can do so much more. I figured they weren't going to let Roode lose the title so quickly, but after a clean pin, where do they go with Rusev now?

My wife reluctantly to agreed to watch for 10 minutes asked me "Wait all that for Rusev Day and he just lost? Does he ever win matches?" - severe face palm

ucsdguy1
February 8th, 2018, 11:22 AM
NXT spoiler notes:

That Sanity/Undisputed Tornado 6 man tag match was once again a whole lot of fun.

So Gargano now putting his NXT career on the line for another title shot? Part of me says alrighty then he's being called up and will lose. Part of me says how can they do this without wrapping up the Ciampa angle, and as soon as his wife shows up?

Orrrr.......he wins the title and Cien is the one getting called up, thus setting up a first fued with Ciampa.

ucsdguy1
February 13th, 2018, 09:09 AM
And now Strowman seems to be getting the "monster who's a comedic and lovable face" treatment.

RUSEV

TooCool
February 13th, 2018, 09:16 AM
I heard there were Rusev Day chants during the Sheamus match? :)

ucsdguy1
February 13th, 2018, 09:52 AM
So Kurt Angle announces on Facebook Live or something last night that elimination chamber will now be 7 men and will include Balor and Rollins. I don't like this, just come out and announce it on Raw.

TooCool
February 13th, 2018, 10:20 AM
So Kurt Angle announces on Facebook Live or something last night that elimination chamber will now be 7 men and will include Balor and Rollins. I don't like this, just come out and announce it on Raw.

Agreed. It's their lame way of forcing people to watch it on Facebook Live. Which is why they won't stop promoting that Mixed Matched Challenge thing. I wonder how much Facebook is paying them.

As for a 7 man chamber match... what are you going to do? Start with a Triple Threat match? They should totally put the 5th pod up on top of the Chamber. :)

And on a side note... dirt sheets going around yesterday that after Wrestlemania, all the PPVs are going to be dual branded thanks to slow ticket sales. I hate this idea mainly because a lot of superstars don't get TV time already. Now they'll be lucky to get a PPV match.

ucsdguy1
February 13th, 2018, 10:36 AM

Agreed. It's their lame way of forcing people to watch it on Facebook Live. Which is why they won't stop promoting that Mixed Matched Challenge thing. I wonder how much Facebook is paying them.

As for a 7 man chamber match... what are you going to do? Start with a Triple Threat match? They should totally put the 5th pod up on top of the Chamber. :)

And on a side note... dirt sheets going around yesterday that after Wrestlemania, all the PPVs are going to be dual branded thanks to slow ticket sales. I hate this idea mainly because a lot of superstars don't get TV time already. Now they'll be lucky to get a PPV match.
I haven't watched that mixed match challenge at all. I did however see a promo with Bliss and Strowman that I thought was kind of funny. But I don't want to go chase programming on facebook, let alone there's already too much programming as it is.

here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sF5auULkxE

Agreed on the tv time, but hell why not make the PPV's 7 or 8 hours? Ticket sales might be lagging because of (a) abundance of wrestlers, time, and (b) tickets are #%*(&#$ (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=%25%2A%28%26%23%24) expensive.

I'm actually bummed I didn't get in on time for the New Japan Strong Style Evolved show in Long Beach in March (I heard it sold out in under 5 minutes - maybe pick a bigger venue guys). Apparently rey mysterio will be wrestling, and rumors of Jericho showing up. But to see Omega live would be an experience.

Dexter
February 13th, 2018, 06:37 PM
I love everything Braun is doing. I love everything with Rusev Day. I Am bored with the main wrasslers though.

ucsdguy1
February 14th, 2018, 10:31 AM
What the same heck @#$*&?

I'll play let's just see how many guys we can get into the elimination chambers for $500 Alex.

So....Ziggler comes back, half no music/half music...with no explanation really of why he walked out other than "he went on to bigger and better things", and gets a shot out of nowhere. Corbin gets a shot pretty much out of nowhere. Zayn and Owens are somehow friends again (despite the "there is no we" line), yet manage to both lose to guys they beat up doing wonders for their credibility. And Styles is nowhere to be seen. Nor is Nakamura.

Zayn/Ziggler was actually a fairly good match for a Smackdown show. But lord, why not just have mini royal rumbles instead?

Oh and apparently Rusev/Lana beat Elias/Bayley in the mixed match challenge. Some good mojo for Rusev that NOBODY SEES

Also

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27752234_10214715203569823_8221392763058829040_n.j pg?oh=8c72eb960d7b2185a39f7db6d36278bc&oe=5B0B832B

ucsdguy1
February 15th, 2018, 04:24 PM
and the newest guest member of Fozzie

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27867660_1607744659313807_511883768028790352_n.png ?oh=43f064cfca840845451c9004448f54d0&oe=5B22A583

mitchrock
February 15th, 2018, 04:28 PM
and the newest guest member of Fozzie

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27867660_1607744659313807_511883768028790352_n.png ?oh=43f064cfca840845451c9004448f54d0&oe=5B22A583

Worst band ever!

ucsdguy1
February 15th, 2018, 04:43 PM
Worst band ever!
ha!

So good I couldn't even spell the name right

TooCool
February 15th, 2018, 06:28 PM
Fozzy has got nothing on Heath Slater!

LetTigerIn
February 16th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Fozzy has got nothing on Heath Slater!

Does Fozzy got kids?

ucsdguy1
February 22nd, 2018, 12:51 PM
Hmm....could Velveteen Dream be hinting at EC3/Ricochet?

“If I can shoot for a minute…

I’m beyond irritated by the Indy guys coming into NXT, taking up spots, living out their dreams, pretending to be actual talent. Or as WE put it “Superstars.”

I’m homegrown talent and I breed success on my own terms. Reactions Prove It. Facts are Facts.

If any one under contract has issue with it “The Dream” is easy to find.

#FabeThat”

Spoiler Alert

So Gargano/Cien last night was nearly as fun as their Takeover match in my mind. Probably because I fully expected Ciampa to interfere and cause him to lose. I expect Gargano will be given some kind of welcome back stipulation to feud with Ciampa, and Cien can move on.

Cien/Black can be fun, but Black/Dain to get there could be awesome.

ucsdguy1
February 27th, 2018, 09:46 AM
So was it just me, or was Reigns' promo last night actually pretty darn good?

I'm not sure who they're trying to make heel, sasha or bayley at this point..

Miz/Rollins/Balor could be fun, but are we really left with Strowman/Elias at wrestlemania?

TooCool
February 27th, 2018, 02:32 PM
So was it just me, or was Reigns' promo last night actually pretty darn good?

I'm not sure who they're trying to make heel, sasha or bayley at this point..

Miz/Rollins/Balor could be fun, but are we really left with Strowman/Elias at wrestlemania?

I'll have to catch Roman's promo on Youtube as I didn't watch RAW.

I hope they turn Bayley heel though, that could be fun. Sasha has been a heel before in NXT so we've already seen it.

And yeah, it looks they're going with the usual Triple Threat Match for the IC Title at Mania. It's really a shame that Strowman has nothing to do. They refuse to put the Universal Title on him and have him lose every single big match. I don't care that he eliminated 5 guys in the Chamber.. he still lost to Roman which was weak. Also didn't help when Coach said Reigns beat everyone in there... :facepalm:

I heard that they're going to have some "big names" in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal because they're doing a documentary on him or something? So maybe they just have Braun enter that one to win it.

Also, we know Cena/Taker is happening but it would be funny if Cena just entered himself in the Battle Royal because he currently has no road to Wrestlemania.

And last of all.. frustrating that Shane said "duly noted" to the Rusev Day chants like you mentioned ucsd, and then WWE conveniently doesn't book Rusev for 2 straight weeks. I really hate Vince sometimes. When he wants certain stars pushed (like Roman), he'll do whatever it takes no matter how many people hate it. Then he wants Rusev booed but because he's cheered, Vince will keep him off TV until people forget about it.

ucsdguy1
February 27th, 2018, 04:29 PM
Looks like the whole Roman thing was scripted, but I thought he actually came off pretty good.

Judging that Bayley jumped back in to save Asuke and the 6 woman tag match (yes another 6 woman tag match), doesn't look like she's quite going heel yet. But time will tell.

Rusev had a funny tweet the other day about shane's comment and not being on Smackdown for two weeks. I have trouble screen capturing on here, but it was basically this from him:

In case you missed us the past 2 weeks on #SmackDownLIVE here we are. Your chants are “DULY” noted
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWhyg47VwAEsORx.jpg

I almost forgot Smackdown was in LA tonight. Not going, but I noticed the entire upper level is not for sale. If we don't see Rusev tonight, lord knows they may have zero plan for him going into Wrestlemania other than just another guy to be eliminated from the battle royal. Also I'm not even on Twitter, but his comments to others are fantastic: https://twitter.com/RusevBUL?lang=en

ucsdguy1
February 27th, 2018, 04:36 PM
and darn it now a zip up hoodie is available for the low price of $54.99 that I might have to get and not be able to pay for

https://shop.wwe.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-main/default/dw63beb9e9/images/large/HA3005A.jpg

TooCool
February 27th, 2018, 05:41 PM
They said those in attendance for Smackdown Live tonight will get a pre-sale code for Survivor Series weekend. :)

And yeah, most shows now they don't even bother trying to sell tickets in the upper level. I think I read online that even for the Elimination Chamber PPV, they didn't want to sell any upper levels until all the lower levels were sold out first. Strange way of trying to sell tickets but they're definitely having trouble filling it these days.

ucsdguy1
February 28th, 2018, 10:27 AM
The latest rag sheets now have Cena facing Rey Mysterio Jr. at wrestlemania. That does not excite me.

What the same hell $@*&%......Cena can't beat anyone on the Raw roster, and suddenly can beat AJ Styles cleanly? (sorry, the Styles stopping the ref count to beat him 1-2-3 in the ring was not enough). The man who suddenly can't beat anyone deserves a chance to get in a title main event 2 weeks prior? Good storytelling! Someone I know there said there were a couple false finishes that seemingly happened during commercial breaks, but hasn't been mentioned as part of the story at all. I fully expect AJ to keep the title at elimination chamber but way to go building his momentum and credibility!

So I guess Rusev was on tv at least...but again did nothing. Hell even if you have to go Rusev is sick of losing and turns on Aiden, set up something! I also don't agree with them still trying to push them as heels (see Aiden's song about LA's smog and no one deserves to celebrate rusev day, which by the way was interrupted by numerous cheers that Rusev couldn't help but smile at). The fans are all in - make him a lovable heel/face!

Also, Rusev and Lana were not happy about Cena's scenario: https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/2/27/17061024/rusev-lana-not-happy-smackdown-live-wwe

Rusev

@RusevBUL
So Jonny boy can come out of nowhere and get a match vs AJ for a spot at #Fastlane but i can?t even get a match on #SDLive Land of opportunity my #RusevDay

CJ (Lana) Perry

@LanaWWE
Let it be know that @RusevBUL is more over than Nakamura, AJ, Roman Reigns & #RusevDay deserves to be @WWE champion and main eventing #Wrestlemania ! #SDLive if you are the land of the opportunities then give my husband his rightful opportunity!Or are we selling PROPAGANDA again?

Notable highlight was fans chanting Rusev Day during Shane/Cena opening segment.

ucsdguy1
March 7th, 2018, 05:23 PM
Rusev to Nakamura: "You can't just make up your own holidays bro"

Too bad he's going to be spoon-fed to shinsuke at Fastlane

CIrvine
March 7th, 2018, 08:33 PM
So Sami turns on Kevin when the title is not on the line.
Couldn't he have waited until Sunday?

ucsdguy1
March 7th, 2018, 09:53 PM
I think that was their way of adding to the intrigue for Sunday.

They also could’ve had it happen Sunday and have zayn’s interview be on the following smackdown.

TooCool
March 7th, 2018, 10:21 PM
Rusev to Nakamura: "You can't just make up your own holidays bro"

Too bad he's going to be spoon-fed to shinsuke at Fastlane

Yep. :( What a shame. Vince doesn't get it. Keep him off TV for weeks because he's too popular. Then spoon feed him to Shinsuke. Obviously, nothing against Shinsuke as we all love him but come on... you gotta give Rusev (and Aiden) some love. What Rusev Day should really be doing at the PPV is be in a Tag Team Title match..

I think that was their way of adding to the intrigue for Sunday.

They also could?ve had it happen Sunday and have zayn?s interview be on the following smackdown.

Agree with both of you guys. It's a shame that they already booked AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura for WM because this could have been the perfect angle to get Sami to become WWE Champion. Vince thinks that all these multi-man matches causes intrigue because the amount of casual fans easily outweigh people like us who see right through it.

But yeah... on any other given PPV, they could have done something where Sami would try to laid down for Kevin and of course the other 4 superstars would prevent it. Have them attempt that multiple times until BAM, Helluva Kick to Owens (you could even use the exact same setup as they did on Smackdown). That would have been a hell of a title win and then like you said, have him put on that interview on the following show.

TooCool
March 8th, 2018, 11:09 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXtxupsX4AAKW5Z.jpg

Love the quote from Buddy Murphy :lol:

ucsdguy1
March 8th, 2018, 11:29 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXtxupsX4AAKW5Z.jpg

Love the quote from Buddy Murphy :lol:
the best part of the mixed match challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCe6OHLZP5g

oh and

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Jy4gaOqCX7BipyYDbvyeqZoXai8=/0x0:1334x750/920x613/filters:focal(698x199:910x411):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/58958561/IMG_9638.0.png

LetTigerIn
March 8th, 2018, 03:03 PM
the best part of the mixed match challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCe6OHLZP5g

oh and

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Jy4gaOqCX7BipyYDbvyeqZoXai8=/0x0:1334x750/920x613/filters:focal(698x199:910x411):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/58958561/IMG_9638.0.png

Image doesn't show.

ucsdguy1
March 8th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Image doesn't show.
Really I was seeing it.

Well here you go instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEwPrF8Rc8

ucsdguy1
March 9th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Fastlane quick predictions:

6 Man Title Match: Styles wins. There's no other way around it. I can see Zayn real close to winning but Owens stopping him in a reversal of Tuesday night, setting up their feud for Wrestlemania. Cena: not sure but if he's going to have any kind of match at Wrestlemania they better start setting it up soon. Other guys really just seem to be throwaways in this one.

Rusev/Nakamura: Nakamura obviously. Hopefully Rusev gets any kind of offense in, and hopefully the crowd is solidly behind him. At the very least, after Rusev loses let him get up and squash Nakamura with a roundhouse kick before leaving (probably won't happen)

Bobby Roode/Randy Orton: I'll say Roode to keep his credibility going, but no idea where Orton goes from here if he loses. I couldn't remember of Jinder was in this as a triple threat match, which shows how much I care about this feud.

Flair/Riott: Flair. She needs to win going into Wrestlemania. Post-match, Asuke makes a surprise appearance and challenges Flair at Wrestlemania.

Usos/New Day: I'll say the Bludgeon Brothers show up and beat the hell out of all of them causing a no contest.

Lynch & Naomi/Carmella & Natalya: I love Lynch but honestly don't care at all about this match. So fine I'll say Carmella and Natalya find a way to cheat and win.

One other thought I was having unrelate to smackdown. Strowman really has no program going into wrestlemania yet after squashing Elias. His working with Bliss has been so good. Asuke challenges flair(see above), and set up Bliss/Jax at Wrestlemania. Get Strowman involved continually coming to her aid, saving her from numerous Jax beatdowns and letting her keep the title at Wrestlemania. Until it turns out she was toying with him the entire time just to help keep the belt, and breaks his heart. Cue Jax finally then winning the title. Yes, genius.

TooCool
March 9th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Fastlane quick predictions:

6 Man Title Match: Styles wins. There's no other way around it. I can see Zayn real close to winning but Owens stopping him in a reversal of Tuesday night, setting up their feud for Wrestlemania. Cena: not sure but if he's going to have any kind of match at Wrestlemania they better start setting it up soon. Other guys really just seem to be throwaways in this one.

Rusev/Nakamura: Nakamura obviously. Hopefully Rusev gets any kind of offense in, and hopefully the crowd is solidly behind him. At the very least, after Rusev loses let him get up and squash Nakamura with a roundhouse kick before leaving (probably won't happen)

Bobby Roode/Randy Orton: I'll say Roode to keep his credibility going, but no idea where Orton goes from here if he loses. I couldn't remember of Jinder was in this as a triple threat match, which shows how much I care about this feud.

Flair/Riott: Flair. She needs to win going into Wrestlemania. Post-match, Asuke makes a surprise appearance and challenges Flair at Wrestlemania.

Usos/New Day: I'll say the Bludgeon Brothers show up and beat the hell out of all of them causing a no contest.

Lynch & Naomi/Carmella & Natalya: I love Lynch but honestly don't care at all about this match. So fine I'll say Carmella and Natalya find a way to cheat and win.

One other thought I was having unrelate to smackdown. Strowman really has no program going into wrestlemania yet after squashing Elias. His working with Bliss has been so good. Asuke challenges flair(see above), and set up Bliss/Jax at Wrestlemania. Get Strowman involved continually coming to her aid, saving her from numerous Jax beatdowns and letting her keep the title at Wrestlemania. Until it turns out she was toying with him the entire time just to help keep the belt, and breaks his heart. Cue Jax finally then winning the title. Yes, genius.

Spot on predictions. By spot on I mean I agree with them lol.

- The more I think about how they booked Sami Zayn on Smackdown, the more I feel like they made him look dumb. Cena is facing Undertaker anyway so he doesn't need to win here. Also, Cena is leaving again after Mania so it makes zero sense to give him the WWE Championship at this point.

- There is no way Nakamura loses here (not that I want him to). He's the #1 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) contender so he'll win. It's a shame that Rusev will once again lose though.

- Roode/Orton ... hmmm I don't care who wins this one. I guess it would kind of be nice to see Orton with the US Title for the 1st time. I do wish Roode and Orton were both heels though. I find Roode as a face pretty boring unfortunately, just like I always did with Orton.

- No way Ruby Riott wins here. I like your idea with Asuka making a surprise appearance to challenge Charlotte for the Women's Title. It would be fun to see Asuka attack Charlotte here to make her "challenge" official. Then have Carmella try to cash it in only for her to change her mind or something at the thought of facing Asuka.

- Usos/New Day.. meh. I'm sure we'll see a really fun match here if they get 20 minutes. But I want to see another team hold the belts for once. Give it to Benjamin and Gable already or the Fashion Police. I again love your idea of the Bludgeon Brothers destroying everyone. Enough of having them destroy jobbers and then also not showing up on Smackdown.

- Women's Tag Match.. yeah this is a filler. Carmella should win here though since she's Miss Money in the Bank and she always loses.

- And let me guess, they'll throw together another pre-show match with Zack Ryder, Tye Dillinger, or something pointless.

What worries me is that according to the dirt sheets, they have nothing planned for Braun Strowman, The Bar, and even Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens for Mania. They might all just be thrown together in the Battle Royal... yikes.

ucsdguy1
March 10th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Interesting idea with Carmella. Doesn’t her money in the bank case have to run out at some point?

I can’t imagine not getting zayn and Owens in a match at wrestlemania. Of course they also could use a 20-30 minute match. Problem with WM, there are so many potential matches no one may get the time they deserve. Styles/Nakamura deserves a long match too. But thank god rousey/angle and hhh/Stephanie will get a showcase (blah)

ucsdguy1
March 12th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Well my Asuke/Flair, Bludgeon Brothers, and Nakamura predictions were pretty spot on.

Quick thoughts:

Rusev/Nakamura: not as big of a squash as I expected, I guess? Rusev got in some offense, and Nakamura sold that machka kick very well. It's just a shame to build up Shinsuke's credibility they had to destroy Rusev's. I also still hate them painting Aiden and he as super villains. The crowd is singing along with Aiden, and he insults why anyone would want to be in the city. Villiain tactics. Seriously just make the guy a face already! Let him eat up the crowd like they started to do months ago. But where does he possibly go from here?

Flair/Riott: pretty good match. Riott showed off some ring skills I wasn't quite sure she had. The crowd chanting "yes" the second Asuke came out was cool. Asuke not talking and pointing to the WM sign played out waaaaay better than Rousey doing it at royal rumble. What I will absolutely HATE if it comes to fruition: Charlotte/Asuke have a show stealing match at WM, both ridiculously tired and dead. And after Asuke wins, Carmella cashed in her money in the bank, pins asuke and ends her streak (please god no)

Probably a triple threat tag match at wrestlemania?

6 man match was a lot of fun. Everyone got in some big spots, fast paced and just, well fun! Not a big fan of Shane getting involved to stop Zayn and Owens. It's played out. I get that neither could win. But they easily could've had Zayn save Owens from a pin, and vice versa without Shane involved. That still would have set up a WM match. Now what, a triple threat match with Shane/Zayn/Owens at WM? Bryan involved somehow? (where the #&* (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=%26%2A) was bryan anyway) Just let it be Owens v. Zayn for crying out loud.

Orton/Roode: Crowd lost interest VERY fast in this one. So....Orton/Mahal/Roode triple threat match at WM?

Seriously I think it's going to b the WM of triple threat matches...

Also, the shot of Cena sitting on the mat in dismay, pushing the camera out of his face. Nice touch. A nice swan song of him letting the new generation get over? I'm still positive he'll be at wrestlemania, but the guy isn't afraid to put others over.

ucsdguy1
March 13th, 2018, 10:53 AM
ah once again I loved a Rusev Day chant breaking out during the women's match last night...

One other quick thought:
Strowman entering and winning the "tag team" battle royal sure doesn't do much to give credibility to the raw tag teams does it? Do we really think he'll take on the bar by himself, or will he walk with elias......

TooCool
March 13th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Interesting idea with Carmella. Doesn’t her money in the bank case have to run out at some point?
Yep. She has one full year. It'll expire on the next MITB PPV so she has until at least June.

Quick thoughts:

Rusev/Nakamura: not as big of a squash as I expected, I guess? Rusev got in some offense, and Nakamura sold that machka kick very well. It's just a shame to build up Shinsuke's credibility they had to destroy Rusev's. I also still hate them painting Aiden and he as super villains. The crowd is singing along with Aiden, and he insults why anyone would want to be in the city. Villiain tactics. Seriously just make the guy a face already! Let him eat up the crowd like they started to do months ago. But where does he possibly go from here?

Flair/Riott: pretty good match. Riott showed off some ring skills I wasn't quite sure she had. The crowd chanting "yes" the second Asuke came out was cool. Asuke not talking and pointing to the WM sign played out waaaaay better than Rousey doing it at royal rumble. What I will absolutely HATE if it comes to fruition: Charlotte/Asuke have a show stealing match at WM, both ridiculously tired and dead. And after Asuke wins, Carmella cashed in her money in the bank, pins asuke and ends her streak (please god no)

Probably a triple threat tag match at wrestlemania?

6 man match was a lot of fun. Everyone got in some big spots, fast paced and just, well fun! Not a big fan of Shane getting involved to stop Zayn and Owens. It's played out. I get that neither could win. But they easily could've had Zayn save Owens from a pin, and vice versa without Shane involved. That still would have set up a WM match. Now what, a triple threat match with Shane/Zayn/Owens at WM? Bryan involved somehow? (where the #&* (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=%26%2A) was bryan anyway) Just let it be Owens v. Zayn for crying out loud.

Orton/Roode: Crowd lost interest VERY fast in this one. So....Orton/Mahal/Roode triple threat match at WM?

Seriously I think it's going to b the WM of triple threat matches...

Also, the shot of Cena sitting on the mat in dismay, pushing the camera out of his face. Nice touch. A nice swan song of him letting the new generation get over? I'm still positive he'll be at wrestlemania, but the guy isn't afraid to put others over.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree with most of them.

- Loved that they gave Rusev/Nakamura ample time. Dueling Nakamura and Rusev Day chants were great. Like I mentioned before, there's no way Nakamura would lose and he didn't. At least Rusev looked good I suppose.

- I was surprised by the Ruby Riott/Charlotte match. I'm not a fan of Ruby, not even in NXT but she worked a decent match here. Again, no one expected her to win so it wasn't exciting. Asuka moving over to Smackdown was expected and is a great idea. It's also good in the long run because you want to keep Asuka away from Ronda Rousey for the time being.

- Roode/Orton was tough... they are both kind of boring as faces and working a slow match like that to start wasn't a good idea. Glad they got lots of minutes to work a match though and the finish was fun. That RKO really came out of nowhere although I expected it since Roode kept going to the turnbuckle once too many. Jinder being thrown into the Triple Threat Match is fine but they need to at least somehow make Roode a heel too.

- We've seen Usos/New Day so many times that this match was fine. I liked that they were just stealing each others moves all night long until they got destroyed. I thought those mallets were toys but it looked pretty heavy.

- Six Pack Challenge was great. Oddly enough, I think AJ Styles did the LEAST in the match. He worked most of it in the beginning after Cena gave everyone the AA, but that was about it. He took that table spot and laid there dead forever until the finish. But everyone got a chance to look good and they got their moves in. I really love Corbin's Deep Six move. It looks so damn beautiful.

ah once again I loved a Rusev Day chant breaking out during the women's match last night...

One other quick thought:
Strowman entering and winning the "tag team" battle royal sure doesn't do much to give credibility to the raw tag teams does it? Do we really think he'll take on the bar by himself, or will he walk with elias......

Bring back Ellsworth to be Strowman's tag partner! :lol:

But you're right.. it'll probably be Elias Sampson. I think Samoa Joe is due back soon from his injury too but would you put him win Braun? That's just overkill.

LetTigerIn
March 13th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Dear Braun Strowman,

https://ringthedamnbell.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/riki_ataki.jpg

Thanks in advance.

ucsdguy1
March 14th, 2018, 08:28 AM
Smackdown thoughts:

- Rusev fed to the slaughter again (and again on mixed match challenge)
- Asuke/Charlotte: pretty cordial. Why have Orton cut them off?
- Orton/Mahal/Roode: BO-RING. Roode gets his rematch, but loses cleanly to Mahal despite minor little person interference. Way to build his credibility. I think our 3 man match is all but set here..
- Shane taking leave of absence. That is before making Zayn/Owens and getting his behind kicked. Does he make himself referee for Zayn/Owens now, or just put himself in the match? Or find himself a tag team partner (please don't just throw in Ziggler or Corbin so they have something to do). Lame. Just make it Owens v Zayn and let them put on a show.

LetTigerIn
March 15th, 2018, 02:05 PM
My favourite part about this article is that it's from Newsweek. I didn't know that was still a thing.

WWE Fabulous Moolah Controversy Prompts Women’s Battle Royal Name Change (http://www.newsweek.com/wwe-moolah-controversy-womens-battle-royal-name-change-847145)

Also, I copied and pasted the headline. It appears as all caps on their site, so I am duly impressed that it is technically impeccable.

As for the news itself, it's the right thing to do, and I'm a little surprised they tried to squeak it by in the first place. Only a little surprised, though.

ucsdguy1
March 16th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Rusev tweeted yesterday he realized the way to get onto the Wrestlemania card is to have a celebrity wrestle him, and asked for anyone to step forward.

Some go in on the action: https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/3/15/17127192/celebrities-lining-up-face-rusev-wrestlemania-not-really

LetTigerIn
March 16th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Rusev tweeted yesterday he realized the way to get onto the Wrestlemania card is to have a celebrity wrestle him, and asked for anyone to step forward.

Some go in on the action: https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/3/15/17127192/celebrities-lining-up-face-rusev-wrestlemania-not-really

Dear Rusev,

https://ringthedamnbell.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/riki_ataki.jpg

Thanks in advance.

ucsdguy1
March 19th, 2018, 02:04 PM
Angle just announced Strowman will get a shot at tag titles as long as he finds a partner.

I think we know where this is going...

TooCool
March 19th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Dirt sheets are saying that AJ Styles might be injured and they did some kind of injury angle at the Madison Square Garden House Show on Friday so that he didn't wrestle a match. (He also didn't wrestle at all on Saturday) I'm hoping it's just a work. The last thing we need is for WWE to scrap the AJ/Shinsuke match due to injury. Or that they'll work a half assed match because AJ isn't at 100%.

They really should tone down the insane house show schedule though.

ucsdguy1
March 20th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Quick thoughts after raw:

1. I really like what they're doing with Bayley and Sasha. Good promo last night with Sasha trying to mend fences, and Bayley not able to get the Sasha smile from elimination chamber out of her head. Bayley with a bit of aggression during the match too. Looks like she's the one turning heel; I would prefer Banks be the heel turn, but there is some good momentum building. Too bad it sounds like from dirt rags they won't get a match at wrestlemania but may be in a battle royal instead.

2. Bliss/Asuke: we all knew the point was Nia coming out to punish bliss. That being said, the match went on way too long and Bliss had way too much offense over Asuke. Good credence to Bliss as champ, but in my mind it somewhat diminished Asuke's credibility. Nia should've come out much faster and ended the match before anything really happened. PS I love Nia and everyone else should too! (they've done masterfully with Bliss' heel takes of using her and Nia's broken facial expressions).

3. Hardy/Wyatt deletion match: what the $*&^@ was I watching? Perhaps this will be a repackaging of Wyatt hereafter, and a switch of brands.

TooCool
March 20th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Quick thoughts after raw:

1. I really like what they're doing with Bayley and Sasha. Good promo last night with Sasha trying to mend fences, and Bayley not able to get the Sasha smile from elimination chamber out of her head. Bayley with a bit of aggression during the match too. Looks like she's the one turning heel; I would prefer Banks be the heel turn, but there is some good momentum building. Too bad it sounds like from dirt rags they won't get a match at wrestlemania but may be in a battle royal instead.

2. Bliss/Asuke: we all knew the point was Nia coming out to punish bliss. That being said, the match went on way too long and Bliss had way too much offense over Asuke. Good credence to Bliss as champ, but in my mind it somewhat diminished Asuke's credibility. Nia should've come out much faster and ended the match before anything really happened. PS I love Nia and everyone else should too! (they've done masterfully with Bliss' heel takes of using her and Nia's broken facial expressions).

3. Hardy/Wyatt deletion match: what the $*&^@ was I watching? Perhaps this will be a repackaging of Wyatt hereafter, and a switch of brands.

I watched the Final Deletion match after the Kings/Wild Game. Just like the House of Horrors match... it was embarrassing to watch. I seriously want to know how someone got Vince to give the green light on it. :lol: I know there are people who enjoy it because it's different... but to me, that's just not wrestling. While I hated that match, I did think it's weird that they allowed Michael Cole to **** all over it before they even aired it. So maybe Vince didn't like it but went with it anyway?

However, from a story line perspective, it sounds like Bray Wyatt finally got "deleted". I seriously hope that is the end of his character because let's face it, he was not a believable threat. Not when he loses 95% of his matches. So yeah, like you said... repackage him and put him back on Smackdown.

I know WM is 6+ hours and all but when the Nia Jax/Alexa Bliss match happens, we need to see a squash victory for Nia. (And then give Charlotte/Asuka at least 20 minutes.) For someone as big as her, she never wins either. This could finally be a good chance for her to have a decent run with the RAW Women's Title. Let her carry the division for a bit by defeating Bliss, Bayley, Banks, etc until she drops it to Rousey or something.

And finally, the Bayley/Sasha story. It's such a shame that they'll have to "settle their beef" in a Women's Battle Royal. Then again, they could just wait until the first PPV after Mania. That works too.

ucsdguy1
March 20th, 2018, 10:18 AM
I believe they will have bayley or sasha eliminate the other, extending their feud to a singles match at a later ppv.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me to have Asuke go undefeated all the way until Rousey beats at Wrestlemania 2019.

and go watch this right now: https://www.instagram.com/p/BghK8QxFqwh/?utm_source=ig_embed

TooCool
March 20th, 2018, 11:00 AM
and go watch this right now: https://www.instagram.com/p/BghK8QxFqwh/?utm_source=ig_embed

You can tell that they're having a ton of fun lol

I voted Sami and Becky though haha

ucsdguy1
March 20th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Looks like someone might get involved at wrestlemania

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/daniel-bryan-makes-huge-announcement?sf185073830=1

TooCool
March 20th, 2018, 01:32 PM
Looks like someone might get involved at wrestlemania

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/daniel-bryan-makes-huge-announcement?sf185073830=1

Amazing news.

Wish they would have just saved that announcement for Smackdown Live. Although I guess this might make people tune into it.

So what's going to happen? Shane/Daniel vs Zayn/Owens?

ucsdguy1
March 20th, 2018, 01:40 PM
Amazing news.

Wish they would have just saved that announcement for Smackdown Live. Although I guess this might make people tune into it.

So what's going to happen? Shane/Daniel vs Zayn/Owens?
I'm in the middle of it. His retirement and that one raw in Seattle was so special I'd almost prefer to leave the memories as is. And while I totally trust all the medical opinions, I super, super, super hope nothing bad happens in the future.

Probably Shane/Daniel vs. Zayn/Owens and either Shane or Daniel turning on the other. Or, Shane/Owens/Zayn becomes a triple threat or handicap match and Daniel becomes guest referee, and somehow gets involved. They've been teasing Shane and DB not getting along for so long, but you have to set up Owens vs Zayn at some point. What would really be funny is if Undertaker says screw it to Cena and Bryan steps in to take his place (not really)