PDA

View Full Version : WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

ucsdguy1
May 22nd, 2019, 01:19 PM
So I read PAC is off Double or Nothing. Apparently he is taking his Dragon Gate or whatever other promotion's title he holds seriously and did not want to lose a match while that champion. He wrestled Hangman Page I think in Japan or somewhere else which went to a no decision, and they're working on a surprise opponent for Page at the event. Interesting.

I just watched Ziggler's promo and I actually loved it. He played the heel great but shows himself as a broken man going nuts for recognizing what he has done and why he would be booed for it. He just wants to be loved and admired. Sounds like the match in Saudi Arabia is a one off, but I'd like to see Ziggler continue.

I have to admit the image of R Truth in the wig was somewhat funny. But everything he does is gold. Still though not a fan of the 24/7 thing.

ucsdguy1
May 23rd, 2019, 11:00 AM
Tyler Breeze returns!!! “Prince Pretty is home”. The back and forth between Breeze and Velveteen was great, lots of good pot shots at each other. Dream will probably still win at Takeover, but I wish this could go on longer.

Other Takeover matches for next week:

Lorcan/Burch vs Street Profits vs Forgotten Sons vs Fish/O’Reilly for the tag team titles in a ladder match.
Riddle/Strong
Cole/Gargano
Shirai/Baszler

Cole’s promo pretty much means Undisputed probably won’t be draped in championship gold. Cole and Riddle make for some entertaining bros, but it’s just so weird seeing Gargano has a total face again. By the way my wife has joked Riddle looks like wrestling’s Steve-O, and I’m fine with that. And some of the moves in that tag match last night were nutty. Nice tease of Undisputed being back on the same page, which most likely won’t last, unless they’ve changed their mind and are going to make them a high level stable again.

And Psycho Shirai in a leather jacket was kind of fun.

TooCool
May 24th, 2019, 07:56 AM
Tyler Breeze returns!!! “Prince Pretty is home”. The back and forth between Breeze and Velveteen was great, lots of good pot shots at each other. Dream will probably still win at Takeover, but I wish this could go on longer.

Other Takeover matches for next week:

Lorcan/Burch vs Street Profits vs Forgotten Sons vs Fish/O’Reilly for the tag team titles in a ladder match.
Riddle/Strong
Cole/Gargano
Shirai/Baszler

Cole’s promo pretty much means Undisputed probably won’t be draped in championship gold. Cole and Riddle make for some entertaining bros, but it’s just so weird seeing Gargano has a total face again. By the way my wife has joked Riddle looks like wrestling’s Steve-O, and I’m fine with that. And some of the moves in that tag match last night were nutty. Nice tease of Undisputed being back on the same page, which most likely won’t last, unless they’ve changed their mind and are going to make them a high level stable again.

And Psycho Shirai in a leather jacket was kind of fun.

TakeOver's card is looking mighty solid as usual.

Excited for Breeze's return to NXT. I wonder if it's permanent or just a one time thing since NXT is sort of lacking guys right now who are ready for a PPV. I'm sure there's no chance Breeze will win the North American title but I'm excited at the fact that we're going to get to see him wrestle a 15-25 minute match again.

I'm still disappointed that the War Raiders/Viking Experience/Viking Raiders didn't drop the NXT Tag Titles cleanly to the Street Profits to put them over and pass on the torch. I am stoked that they're doing a Fatal Four Way Ladder match though. That match alone should be worth the price of admission.

At this point, how long do you think they'll keep Baszler on NXT? Does she seriously stay all the way until the Rumble or Mania when Rousey returns? Or do you think she'll at least come up after Summerslam?

Btw we need more Bugenhagen.

ucsdguy1
May 24th, 2019, 08:38 AM
TakeOver's card is looking mighty solid as usual.

Excited for Breeze's return to NXT. I wonder if it's permanent or just a one time thing since NXT is sort of lacking guys right now who are ready for a PPV. I'm sure there's no chance Breeze will win the North American title but I'm excited at the fact that we're going to get to see him wrestle a 15-25 minute match again.

I'm still disappointed that the War Raiders/Viking Experience/Viking Raiders didn't drop the NXT Tag Titles cleanly to the Street Profits to put them over and pass on the torch. I am stoked that they're doing a Fatal Four Way Ladder match though. That match alone should be worth the price of admission.

At this point, how long do you think they'll keep Baszler on NXT? Does she seriously stay all the way until the Rumble or Mania when Rousey returns? Or do you think she'll at least come up after Summerslam?

Btw we need more Bugenhagen.

I am 100% with you on more Bugenhagen.

Baszler seems like she'll stay in NXT a bit more. First, they don't really have much top women talent besides her right now. It's pretty much Shirai/Belair at the top. Shira is still relatively new in singles matches, and Belair seems momentarily out of the title spotlight with a small Yim program. I can't see anyone besides one of those two to dethrone Baszler. Aliyah and Vanessa Borne aren't there. LeRae seemingly should be a top level wrestler, they just haven't done much with her at all. Plus, I still think Shafir and Duke need much more development, of which Baszler is kind of a safeguard. Although if NXT can do anything well, they can build people up fairly quickly with solid matches so who knows. My bet is definitely until Summerslam, probably until Survivor Series, and possibly until the Rumble/Wrestlemania.

Also one more note on Riddle. While I love the bro gimmick, I also love how intense he can get when he's pissed off. It's a great mix when he gets that angry adrenaline going. And some of those moves he lays out are stiff as ****. I totally can see him at the top level just out of charisma, let alone talent (Cole too).

ucsdguy1
May 28th, 2019, 09:15 AM
Guess we got the answer on Jon Moxley. Apparently he also has dates lined up with New Japan and some US indies.

I watched brief highlights of the AEW ppv and it was pretty solid (that rhodes v rhodes match, damn). Very surprised they let Jericho beat Omega cleanly before Moxley came out. And even though he didn't do too much, Shawn Spears (Dillinger) looked pretty bad-*** with this tazz-like haircut (yes he was eliminated buy a guy with NO LEGS!) Old Tommy Dreamer 4 life.

That smiling female wrestler who is so obviously they're version of Bayley was funny. Awesome Kong announced as a 4th participant and she's still smiling and cheering. I admit I lol'd.

Raw was boring as usual (unless you count Shane vs. Reigns' cousin entertaining). And Lesnar really didn't realize how the mitb briefcase worked until Heyman read part of the contract? Come on.

I should say Cesaro vs Ricochet was fun. Zayn mentioning AEW was interesting but they cut away fast and obviously tried to have voices talk through any of the AEW chants that broke out. I fast forwarded through most of the other junk.

Basically takeover saturday should be their response to Double or Nothing.

TooCool
May 28th, 2019, 09:48 AM
Guess we got the answer on Jon Moxley. Apparently he also has dates lined up with New Japan and some US indies.

I watched brief highlights of the AEW ppv and it was pretty solid (that rhodes v rhodes match, damn). Very surprised they let Jericho beat Omega cleanly before Moxley came out. And even though he didn't do too much, Shawn Spears (Dillinger) looked pretty bad-*** with this tazz-like haircut (yes he was eliminated buy a guy with NO LEGS!) Old Tommy Dreamer 4 life.

That smiling female wrestler who is so obviously they're version of Bayley was funny. Awesome Kong announced as a 4th participant and she's still smiling and cheering. I admit I lol'd.

Raw was boring as usual (unless you count Shane vs. Reigns' cousin entertaining). And Lesnar really didn't realize how the mitb briefcase worked until Heyman read part of the contract? Come on.

I should say Cesaro vs Ricochet was fun. Zayn mentioning AEW was interesting but they cut away fast and obviously tried to have voices talk through any of the AEW chants that broke out. I fast forwarded through most of the other junk.

Basically takeover saturday should be their response to Double or Nothing.

I watched the Double or Nothing Pre-Show on Youtube. AEW's channel was screwed up because it was stuck on "Live stream starting soon" and it was already 10 minutes past 4 PM on Saturday. So that's kind of unorganized on their part. Thankfully people in the chat were telling people to go to TNT's youtube channel and it worked there. As soon as I got the stream going, Shawn Spears (Tye Dillinger) came out. They did the whole 5 peeps at a time thing and he was at #10 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10) lol. The battle royal was kind of a mess. 5 at a time is too confusing and not all that exciting. The match itself was kinda weak. Too many comedy segments but I did like the hardcore weapons and shots to the head like old times. The only people I knew were obviously just Shawn Spears, Tommy Dreamer, and Billy Gunn.

I ended up not watching the PPV but I did find a stream right when Omega/Jericho was going to happen. The match itself was above average. I think they went way too slow for my liking. I know they were trying to tell a story but it looked like Jericho was extremely out of shape or something (conditioning wise). I didn't hate the match, but I think JR doesn't have it anymore. He kept trying to remind people over and over how "epic" it was and I wasn't feeling it. One of their other commentary dude was boring as hell though it might have been his 1st time.

I was stoked to see Jon Moxley show up though. It really makes you wonder how much Vince counted on him staying when they gave him and the Shield like 20 farewell tours.

As for RAW. Didn't watch. Read the results and it sounded extremely boring outside of the Cesaro/Ricochet match where Ricochet got his win back. Vince sure loves that 50/50 booking. I'm definitely excited for TakeOver this Saturday. After that, I'm canceling my WWE Network sub again likely until Summerslam's TakeOver show. That should save me about $20 (2 months worth)

ucsdguy1
May 28th, 2019, 03:47 PM
before it gets taken down, a lot of quick cuts. That Young Bucks match looked super fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AlWaL_YKl8

ucsdguy1
May 29th, 2019, 07:59 AM
Moxley unloading on Vince

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2838481-aews-jon-moxley-talks-wwe-exit-rips-vinces-creative-for-reigns-leukemia-line

While Moxley said creative was long a point of contention for him in WWE, he suggested that the last straw came during a November episode of Raw after he turned on former Shield brother Seth Rollins.

Moxley said he had to cut six promos that night and was unhappy with the content of many of them. As a result, he said he received a note from WWE Chairman Vince McMahon that read, "Dean needs to read his promos verbatim and not try to rewrite them."

Even so, Moxley took issue with a line in one of his promos about Roman Reigns' real-life leukemia diagnosis in which he said that Reigns had to "answer to the man upstairs." Moxley said McMahon explained why the line was needed, and he proceeded to use it in his promo.

Ultimately, it didn't sit well with Moxley, who called it distasteful: "I cut the promo, and as soon as that line left my mouth, I went, 'Oh my God, I can't believe I just said that.'"

Later in the night, Moxley said he had to go back into McMahon's office to combat the idea of wearing a surgical mask during his promo, which was to include lines about how "smelly" and "disgusting" the people of Los Angeles were.

Moxley noted that such interactions had taken a major toll on him over the years:

"I remember leaning on a road case and just feeling actual exhaustion. Just like emotional, physical, mental exhaustion. Not so much because of that day, but because of six of years of this. Six years of having to go into this man's office, this old man, and trying to explain to him why wearing a surgical mask is a stupid idea, why carrying a little red wagon to the ring is a stupid idea, why maiming a mannequin in the ring is a stupid idea. I was done."

Later, Moxley said the singular promo during which he knew for sure he was leaving was the one that featured him getting "vaccinated" so that he didn't catch anything from the fans.

ucsdguy1
May 29th, 2019, 12:44 PM
And going back to Raw, I don’t know if this is true but I got an e-mail from Staples Center advertising the June 17th Raw ticket sales that lists the following matches:

Universal Championship: Seth Rollins vs Baron Corbin
Raw Women’s Championship: Becky Lynch vs Lacey Evans
Handicap match: Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Elias
Plus Braun Strowman and many more of your favorite WWE superstars.

Yay?

and the stories keep coming from Moxley. So interesting to get his perspective.

“Then they put me against EC3 debuting from NXT, great talent — great friend of mine, excited to work with him. They have EC3 come in as a babyface and defeat me in two minutes.”

“The crowd does not like this because it’s transparent what’s happening. This is not good for EC3 because not he’s gonna get the backlash so this is an unfair position for him to be put in. So then we get to that weekend and I’m working with EC3 on house shows. Now I’m the biggest babyface on the show. I’m a heel, I’m thumbing him in the eye, I’m making fun of the town, doesn’t matter they’re violently rejecting him as a babyface and cheering the hell out of me because now it has nothing to do with him it’s like an anti-WWE, yeah.”

Then Ambrose got a text from a writer who told him that he’s going to be defeated by EC3 on RAW once again in two minutes next week. This time Moxley had to say something about how this is backfiring on EC3. The writer said that he knew this, but it’s what Vince McMahon wanted to happen.

“By the time we got to that Monday from what I understand the reports from the house shows the producers are telling him what happened and he’s pissed. Apparently, he’s like mad about this that like god forbid so sorry the fans who I’ve busted my ass for for years might be upset about the fact that you want to bury me on my way out, you know like sorry dude that I’ve like given my body up for. Sorry that they have a shred of respect for me that apparently, you don’t have.”

“So then I get to the TV and Jamie [Nobel] the producer comes up to me and says you’re gonna do a little promo with Seth and he’s a heel you’re a babyface. We just switched roles with no explanation so I guess that’s their solution so the Shield comes back and we do that whole thing.”

ucsdguy1
June 2nd, 2019, 04:52 PM
Man what another nxt ppv. I have to admit they went in ways I did not expect on this one.

The superkick bowl: I mean how many superkicks can you fit in a match? This was fun. The selling of the knee and arm hurting was top notch. Did Adam Cole just win clean with no Undisputed interference? His fake calling them to come out to gain the upper hand was a nice swerve. As a whole I was surprised Undisputed was 0-2 going into this match with no real tension in their losses. It seemed they were leading up to a breakup in which I figured one of them would accidentally cause Cole to lose. Does he now go on to boast and claim he doesn't need them? Or does he just lead the pack for awhile? And where does this leave Gargano - losing the title already? No clear storyline after this one. I imagine he's getting called up as there's no real storyline after this one, unless they hold off for Ciampa's return again.

Baszler still doesn't get me overly excited except for the band t-shirts she wears. This was a fun match, not as much high flying from Shirai you'd expect but more about how Baszler can just break you down. And I'll admist Shayna has gotten much better in the selling moves dept. I might have liked if Shirai went crazy and used the kendo stick/chair before the match ended, to save her from having to take a tape out or pin. But her reaction after was unexpected albeit different (the crowd chanting "you deserve it" to Baszler was pretty funny). If Baszler had cheated to win I would've understood Io's reaction more. With all the leadup I actually thought LeRae was going to turn on Shirai and cost her the match, but it wasn't meant to be. If LeRae's only purpose was to even up Baszler's crew, it should've happened in a match that Shirai would actually have won. I don't know who Baszler feuds with now, unless she tries to get revenge on Shirai and sets up a rematch (much in the way of it would've taken Gargano a few losses to finally get over the hump and win the title).

Dream/Breeze: I want 10 more matches between these guys. The charisma alone is worth it. This was an aggressive and super cerebral match. Breeze showed why so much of his potential is being wasted. It seems like a one off but I hope he stays around for a bit. The selfie together at the end was a nice touch.

Riddle/Strong: props to both these guys. Roderick put on a tremendous match and really made Riddle look good. Ton of physicality in this one. Riddle has that certain something in his facial expressions and is probably one of the future big faces of the brand.

Tag Ladder Match: Pretty sure I need to watch this one again, because waaay too much was going on. I also wish I was more invested in any of these tag teams which admittedly I am not. But each team was highlighted, there were some holy s*** moments (in fact between this and the Riddle match I think I had to turn my head a couple times each to make sure I didn't just watch someone die).

I should also mention how pro-Undisputed the crowd seemed. Heck when Cole and Gargano were trading shots I think Cole's hits were getting solidly booed.

Another darn fine ppv. This is the true response to AEW that not enough people know or care about. Apparently the sheets saying the NXT ppv in the UK in August will be on the same day as AEW's All Out event.

Solid indeed.

ucsdguy1
June 4th, 2019, 02:38 PM
It's a broken record. WWE teases Brock will cash in last night (who thought he would?). Corbin with a sneaky hit, and Brock with a severe beatdown of Rollins who can't stand up. Maybe that might have a been a good time to cash in? But Brock chooses.......Friday in Saudi Arabia??

Also remember that time just a week or two back when Brock magically discovered he had a whole year to cash in the briefcase? And remember that time five days ago when Stephanie promised to take action against Lesnar and Heyman for failing to deliver on their promise to reveal when he would cash in? (that makes total sense given the entire premise of mitb)

Sheesh. The writing is amazing.

Oh and I don't believe he'll actually cash in Friday either.

ucsdguy1
June 5th, 2019, 08:49 AM
I can't stand it.

Bliss actually had some semblance of a new character development on Raw - being disgruntled with the coffee spill, going on the attack, and becoming "friends" with Cross. This then completely disappeared from Smackdown as she was back to the same heel jabs (and no Cross). What is the point? And surely they could've used any of the other women's talent on the roster for a Bayley first title defense to build some heat, rather than bringing out Flair AGAIN. The triple threat match wasn't terrible. I really hope they don't have Bayley lose already and let Bliss just keep her thing with Cross going on Raw. Rose/Deville for some reason decided to come out and distract Carmella. There is potential for Carmella to now choose someone new and interesting as an ally (::cough Moon cough:: ), but don't think for one second they won't screw that up.

Oh and remember that time Kairi Sane and Asuke as a threatening tag team was a thing?

Or remember those Rusev and Nakamura guys?

ucsdguy1
June 19th, 2019, 08:09 AM
I can't believe it but the past couple of nights we're actually seeing some of the unused talent get some air time.

The Good Brothers should have AJ lead them. The revival are tag team champs. Kairi/Asuke actually showed up on tv again. Bayley/Alexa are actually advancing a feud in which Nikki Cross should play a big part sunday. Ember Moon actually has someone to feud with (and her going psycho is fun)

Granted there's still waaaay too much shane mcmahon. And granted the brand extensions is more or less gone, they may as well just get rid of the wild card and combine both shows to a single brand again. And no Finn Balor this week. Did I speak too soon? I am totally sure the above is an anomaly to silence low morale for one week before everything goes back to normal.

There's a PPV this weekend? Okay some picks:

Kingston/Ziggler - will be a fun match, but I doubt Ziggler is the guy that dethrones Kofi.

Samoa Joe/Ricochet - hopefully will also be a fun match. But I doubt Joe gives up his title already.

Lynch/Evans - Evans is trying, but Lynch ain't losing the title to her.

Bayley/Alexa Bliss - as much as I don't want to see Bayley lose the title already, they've been setting this up for getting Cross involved. Cross will interfere helping Bliss to win, which will inevitably set up a Bayley/Cross feud and/or a rematch with Bliss. (although Cross has gotta be nuts to fall for Bliss, especially when Bayley specifically pointed out last night she had done the same thing to Nia Jax and Mickie James).

Rollins/Corbin - the biggest draw of this match seems to be who the hand picked referee will be. Rollins has basically beaten the crap out of most of the B guys who might have had a shot. Lesnar anyone? Or hell why not make it R Truth? I'd say no chance Rollins loses. But perhaps Lesnar referees and cashes in immediately after the match regardless of who he lets win.

Bryan and Rowen/Heavy Machinery - 0.000000000% chance Bryan and Rowan lose.

Reigns/McYntire - McYntire needs a win. If reigns runs through him it definitely is just to set up a match with Shane. Shane will get involved helping roman to lose in which case it'll also set up a match between the two.

Woods and Big E vs. Zayn/Owens - Zayn and Owens have seemingly lost all credibility since returning. As they need some momentum, I'll say they'll find a way to cheat and win.

Cruiserweight Championship: Not much knowledge on anyone here so I'll say Tozawa based on nothing.

24/7 Championship: Somehow Truth has to get his title back. Perhaps Maverick's wedding is sunday and it'll happen backstage..

Firefly Fun House: we need more of this, so let's add 2 or 3 segments over the course of the ppv please.

I guess after re-looking at the matches it would appear most of the people I mentioned getting air time have zero place on the ppv. And no Strowman. Hopefully that will change going forward.

TooCool
June 19th, 2019, 03:27 PM
Oh geez... I thought I posted my thoughts on TakeOver 25 a few weeks ago but I didn't? Maybe I was dreaming I did....

Anyhow, that was one hell of a PPV as usual. My favorite match was definitely the Fatal Four Way Ladder Match for the Tag Titles. I already love the Undisputed Era but Kyle O'Reilly might just be my favorite wrestler now with all the insane bumps he kept taking. He sells so damn well too. Street Profits winning was awesome and I'm very happy for them. It still boggles my mind that they didn't just have the War Raiders drop it to them cleanly. And now the Viking Raiders aren't even used on RAW. Typical Vince.

I'm happy that Breeze is back in NXT and I read the spoilers for the next 5-6 episodes they taped and it looks like Breeze is staying there so that's great.

As for RAW and Smackdown... I just don't care anymore. =[ Even Smackdown is unwatchable for me because it's not the land of opportunity anymore. The Wild Card rule is one of the worst things ever, especially since they never follow the rules. First Vince said 3 superstars, then 4. And now you'll see like 10 of them on the show which is dumb as hell. It just really hurt Smackdown so much to the point that even Rusev, Nakamura, Asuka, Kairi Sane, Finn Balor, Andrade, Randy Orton, Charlotte, and even Daniel Bryan aren't used properly. Yikes.

I also couldn't help but notice that WWE have been posting "exclusive videos" of what happens during commercial breaks. And this WWE interviewer lady Sarah Schreiber quizzes the kids about superstar nicknames. Notice on both RAW and Smackdown, the kids had no idea who Rusev and Nakamura are?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFNW9Tovtxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OxRo6rDW8c

Hey WWE, it's because you never put them on TV!

ucsdguy1
June 20th, 2019, 08:40 AM
Just getting Velveteen Dream, Riddle, and Breeze in a ring together last night was super fun. And with Undisputed, I mean the intro segment alone was quote upon quote:

Dream: "I'd like to touch you"
Riddle: "I know, I'm handsome and I'm a stallion"
Bay Bay: "Maybe you can go back to writing online reviews for wrestlers from the Attitude era" (I think Riddle busted up laughing on this one)
Breeze: "I don't really care who's better looking, which is me by the way"
Crowd: "OG, OG"

ucsdguy1
June 24th, 2019, 08:49 AM
Quick Stomping Grounds thoughts:

Rollins/Corbin – Evans as the guest referee was a swerve, albeit extremely predictable what would happen as soon as it was announced. The match was just so-so (noticeable A-E-dub and Daniel Bryan chants as Corbin had early offense). It is a change of pace to have a female referee for a men’s match I suppose? Evans played the heel referee very well. Despite their being together, I wish Lynch and Rollins would be their own animals in separate stories, but I assume on Raw or sometime soon we’ll get a Rollins/Lynch vs. Corbin/Evans mixed tag match (maybe at Extreme Rules?). It was also strange that Lesnar (and Heyman sans for an early small promo backstage) were nonexistent.

Lynch/Evans – weird match. Their timing seemed way off. Lynch noticeably had to start a move, then stop and start again when Evans wasn’t there. That wet wipe into the armpits still makes me gag! I would say Evans can now step away from the title scene for a while (except for the above mentioned comment)

Bayley/Bliss – pretty fun match all things considered. I thought Bliss might have been concussed on one of those power slams into the turnbuckle. Bayley is definitely bringing aggression into her repertoire. I assume Cross was meant to be pissed off after Bayley mistakenly dove into her and accidentally cost Bliss the match by jumping in the ring. But the whole segment seemed to be a bit fast and muddled. Didn’t come off right. Cross perhaps now gets a title shot with Bayley in which a jealous Bliss “mistakenly” costs her the match?

Kingston/Ziggler – started slow but picked up as it went on. I did laugh a couple times when the announcers questioned why either guy didn’t just run out the door when their opponent was lying on the ground. Some good escape teases, good psychology. Kingston flying over Ziggler at the end to win was different and probably allowed Ziggler to still save some face.

Samoa Joe/Ricochet – surprised they let Ricochet take the pin here! Match again started off slow and also got much better as it went on. Good contrast of styles. Ricochet can be a good face to hold the US title for a while. But where does Joe go from here? Notice Charlotte as one of the stars backstage congratulating Ricochet after the win?

Bryan & Rowan/Heavy Machinery – whoa this match was much better than I expected. Otis and Rowan going back and forth with stiff shots was awesome. Good showing from Heavy Machinery despite everyone and their mother knowing they would lose. The crowd was also 100% behind Bryan on this one.

Reigns/McYntire – Reigns is back to kicking out of everything. McYntire loses more credibility and we get yet another 2 on 1 match on Raw tonight which I assume will inevitably lead to another match at extreme rules. Yawn.

New Day/Owens & Zayn – really fun. Lots of energy and the crowd was pretty into it. Owens and Zayn had to get the win here.

Overall not a terrible ppv with some decent matches, but nothing to blow me away. But seems like they’re just continuing a re-tread of the same stories in major storylines unless something changes and fast. Also notice the tag team champs The Revival and the Tag Team champs the Iconics did not have matches on the show.

Also apparently the wells fargo center in PA is advertising a Kofi/Ziggler/Owens triple threat match and a McIntyre/Shane vs. Roman handicap match (duh) for Extreme Rules.

Wow that got long.

TooCool
June 24th, 2019, 12:11 PM
Overall not a terrible ppv with some decent matches, but nothing to blow me away. But seems like they’re just continuing a re-tread of the same stories in major storylines unless something changes and fast. Also notice the tag team champs The Revival and the Tag Team champs the Iconics did not have matches on the show.

Thanks for your thoughts. I didn't bother watching it. What happened to the Cruiserweight Triple Threat? Or did that get bumped to the pre-show? I thought New Day vs Owens/Zayn was the Pre-Show going in.

And judging from what you wrote, no sign of Finn Balor either huh. And R-Truth didn't show up during the PPV?

ucsdguy1
June 24th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. I didn't bother watching it. What happened to the Cruiserweight Triple Threat? Or did that get bumped to the pre-show? I thought New Day vs Owens/Zayn was the Pre-Show going in.

And judging from what you wrote, no sign of Finn Balor either huh. And R-Truth didn't show up during the PPV?

Yes cruiserweight was on the pre-show. I read it was a pretty good match but nope didn't see any of it.

No Finn Balor. R-Truth got the 24/7 title back at drake maverick's wedding, but wwe put the video up 3 days ago. I think they may have given a recap yesterday.

ucsdguy1
June 24th, 2019, 09:19 PM
So that was random, but this just in....the Undertaker still looks old and slow! This also just in....with age his tongue gets more and more gene simmons-ish..

I think Vince is trolling everyone and will give Evans and Corbin the titles at Extreme Rules isn't he...

And I didn't catch this but....

https://img.bleacherreport.net/cms/media/image/07/da/4a/01/c35e/4b94/bf81/8033d60409db/crop_exact_Screen_Shot_2019-06-24_at_5.45.48_PM.jpg?h=500&w=970&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

King Ludwig
June 25th, 2019, 05:54 AM
So that was random, but this just in....the Undertaker still looks old and slow! This also just in....with age his tongue gets more and more gene simmons-ish..

I think Vince is trolling everyone and will give Evans and Corbin the titles at Extreme Rules isn't he...

And I didn't catch this but....

https://img.bleacherreport.net/cms/media/image/07/da/4a/01/c35e/4b94/bf81/8033d60409db/crop_exact_Screen_Shot_2019-06-24_at_5.45.48_PM.jpg?h=500&w=970&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

Mercy the Buzzard was stalking Kofi in the locker room as well...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D93wfvVXYAABnrL.jpg:large

TooCool
June 25th, 2019, 07:04 AM
It's crazy how slow they're taking this Bray Wyatt stuff. Even when he was with Luke Harper and Erick Rowan with the whole Wyatt Family stuff. I remember months of anticipation just for his debut. Only for him to be booked kind of lackluster in the end.

And now this Firefly Funhouse thing. Months of anticipation again so we'll see how it goes. I don't have high hopes for it obviously but we'll see.

ucsdguy1
June 26th, 2019, 09:59 AM
It's crazy how slow they're taking this Bray Wyatt stuff. Even when he was with Luke Harper and Erick Rowan with the whole Wyatt Family stuff. I remember months of anticipation just for his debut. Only for him to be booked kind of lackluster in the end.

And now this Firefly Funhouse thing. Months of anticipation again so we'll see how it goes. I don't have high hopes for it obviously but we'll see.

It's almost like they're pacing the Wyatt stuff like......NXT does?

Looks like we're getting Balor/Nakamura again (I had to remember Nakamura is still signed).

Ziggler/Kofi last night was the match we should've gotten at showdown or stomping grounds. But timing is weird considering the Joe story just started a day ago, and this is like Ziggler's 3rd rematch after losing. Is he now going to be gifted a part of a triple threat match at Extreme Rules just because he still maintains Kofi wins cheaply?

Also funny how Cross was able to finagle a match with Bayley only to get Bliss a rematch. (and win cleanly!) You know Bliss will now beat Bayley and claim the credit.

mitchrock
June 26th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Huskas ws stalking Daniel Bryan.

Cannot wait for Bray's return to the ring.

ucsdguy1
June 27th, 2019, 08:42 AM
I highly recommend the Steel Cage match between Shirai/Baszler last night. Way better than a weekly show should contain.

Spoiler alert:

The camera angles were a bit off on the LeRae and Shirai dives from top of the cage. But still crazy moves. So Shirai has gone full on heel. Nice change of pace from her. It helps the story of her going crazy after losing at Takeover make more sense as she's inched closer and now gone off the deep end. (see how they do that main roster?) She can now feud with LeRae and Baszler can temporarily move on. I have no idea who goes after Baszler next, unless they just make a triple threat match between the three for Takeover. But Baszler will most likely retain in such a bout anyway, and it seems she'll be keeping that title for quite awhile longer.

So WWE announced Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff were named executive directors of Raw and Smackdown, respectively. I think this tweet from someone about summed it up:

Vince McMahon, Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff are in major positions of power in wrestling, Aladdin and Men in Black are showing in theaters, Pizza Hut is using their OG logo and Keanu Reeves is adored by everyone again.

We’ve officially re-entered the 90s.

mitchrock
June 29th, 2019, 04:40 PM
July 8th will be the 6 year anniversary of when Bray Wyatt debuted on Raw. This July 8th will also be a Monday. Will the fiend be unleashed?

ucsdguy1
July 2nd, 2019, 07:47 AM
I laughed at Graves getting a very clear "holy s**t" out on tv last night. I also laughed at Street Profits showing up and dancing around Hey-MAN". I laughed at Maverick's 24/7 shirt and stepping aside from his wife.

I really didn't watch any other part of Raw other than a clip online this morning after hearing Styles went heel again. Oh and you know, Maria Kanellis showing up out of the blue and yelling that she should just have "the man" impregnate her instead of her husband.

ucsdguy1
July 3rd, 2019, 08:35 AM
One more rant before the 4th

Having Cross host a moment of bliss was awesome, but I disagree with having her goaded into a match and losing cleanly to Bayley. Kind of defeats the whole idea of Cross doing so well but Bliss getting all the benefits. If Cross had to lose it should've been by accidental interference by Bliss. A clean loss is like hey you're not so special after all.

And seems like they're turning Owens face again? I'm fine with this. He was fantastic picking at Shane and Ziggler and could easily be one of the top 3 or 4 faces in the company as he's so good on the mic and in the ring. Make Owens face again!

I'm shocked we didn't really get any Roman on tv this week.

TooCool
July 3rd, 2019, 01:09 PM
One more rant before the 4th

Having Cross host a moment of bliss was awesome, but I disagree with having her goaded into a match and losing cleanly to Bayley. Kind of defeats the whole idea of Cross doing so well but Bliss getting all the benefits. If Cross had to lose it should've been by accidental interference by Bliss. A clean loss is like hey you're not so special after all.

And seems like they're turning Owens face again? I'm fine with this. He was fantastic picking at Shane and Ziggler and could easily be one of the top 3 or 4 faces in the company as he's so good on the mic and in the ring. Make Owens face again!

I'm shocked we didn't really get any Roman on tv this week.

I read the results. No Roman, No Charlotte? Hell, where has Orton been? I mean I'm used to no Kairi Sane, Asuka, Rusev, Nakamura, etc. This wild card rule really sucks... and I know I'm beating a dead horse.

ucsdguy1
July 9th, 2019, 08:48 AM
1. They all but telegraphed Sasha Banks return last night. Some possibilities: (a) she returns to save Bayley from a Cross/Bliss double team, or (b) she returns seemingly to save Bayley but turns on her - Bliss wins the title and can continue "using" Cross, Banks and Bayley can start their own feud in some kind of "you abandoned me" theme, or (c) Banks isn't involved, but in the handicap match either Cross or Bliss can pin Bayley to win the title. Cross may actually win by accident? Of course Bayley going full slap, beatdown, elbow drop on Cross again hinted at a darker path for her, which also may not make sense, unless she wins the match Sunday and proceeds to continuing beatdown down Cross, for Banks to come out and have to stop her?

2. A thought - Rollins/Lynch vs Evans/Corbin is for both titles right? Can Lesnar show up mid match, say if Rollins is just laid out or severely damaged and cash in before the match finishes? If he were to do so, would it automatically cause Lynch to lose her title as well? Total far fetched and may not make total sense, but it's something that would actually make that main event interesting.

3. I have no idea what the point of Cedric Alexander being the masked partner last night was, especially when he was just quickly annihilated by the claymoor kick.

4. R-Truth did just give a referee a piggy back ride.

ucsdguy1
July 10th, 2019, 08:07 AM
And just like that in one night Kevin Owens manages to become a perfect Stone Cold-type face, and really encompassed what Lynch should have been for months and months.

And bummer that it had to come at the expense of Balor, but Nakamura (who???) just looked pretty darn dominant.

And I wish Black/Cesaro could get 20+ minutes sunday....

TooCool
July 10th, 2019, 11:44 AM
Saw the Owens clip on Youtube last night. So he states the obvious and is a major babyface for that? Good. Just let me know when the stupid Wild Card rule is done with.. :)

ucsdguy1
July 12th, 2019, 08:07 AM
Hard to believe there are 10 matches penned that do not include Nakamura/Balor or Iconics/Sane & Asuke. But here are some predictions anyway:

Lynch/Rollins vs Evans/Corbin – no possible way Lynch and Rollins will both lose their titles here. No chance. I’d say the only real question is whether Lesnar shows up after the match finishes.

Kingston vs Joe – Considering Joe has either not won championships or won them and subsequently lost them quickly, doesn’t seem like he’s their guy to lead Smackdown. Kofi will retain, perhaps with some outside interference.

Bayley vs Bliss vs Cross – There are multiple ways this can go which makes it interesting. A few previously discuss scenarios in my mind: (1) Banks returns to help Bayley fight off the 2 on 1 and retain, (2) Banks returns and turns on Bayley who loses the title, (3) No Banks – Cross does everything except make the pin and lets Bliss cover Bayley to prove her friendship. She can continue to be used by Alexa. (4) Cross does everything and everything and accidentally pins Bayley – perhaps she and Bayley get cold cocked and she falls on her for the pin, (5) Cross accidentally decks Bliss instead of Bayley. Bayley makes the pin and wins. I’ll go with scenario 3. They’ve been hinting at some heel stuff with Bayley. Perhaps she’ll lose, go nuts a la Io Shirai and become heel, only to have Banks return down the road to set her straight. This allows Bliss and Cross to continue their friendship storyline with whoever else comes in line.

Undertaker/Reigns vs McIntyre/Shane – Owens shows up to stun Shane and/or Miz shows up to hit Shane. UT/Reigns win. Can’t say this will be the most high flying or action packed of matches so long as UT is in the ring. All signs from the rag sheets seem to be pointing at this setting up UT vs McIntyre at Summerslam, ugh.

Bryan/Rowan vs. New Day vs. Heavy Machinery – Bryan and Rowen will retain. No sense in having them lose a triple threat, unless they just want to claim they were screwed by not getting pinned and get a re-match.

Black vs Cesaro – have to imagine Black will win his first match in the ring since all these promos started. Again hope this gets sufficient time as it could be a super fun match.

Ricochet/Styles – also interested in how they take this one. On the one hand if Ricochet really is a future top star he shouldn’t lose the title so quickly. On the other hand, Styles as a heel with the Club needs some momentum to prove credibility, especially after Ricochet ran through two of them this week. I’ll say Styles gets the win with the help of the club, Ricochet can go back to being an underdog. Or Ricochet wins only to have the club beat the holy hell out of him after.

Strowman/Lashley – not extremely interested in this one sadly. I’ll say Strowman wins.

Revival vs Usos – one of the revival made some creative critical comments again, so they’ll win to keep them happy. Should be a match capable of great storytelling.

Gulak vs. Nese – no idea nor do I know much other than the occasional pop ups on NXT. No prediction.

ucsdguy1
July 15th, 2019, 11:08 AM
and I don't have to say much other than

1. I knew it was coming but *%&#$ Lesnar is universal champ again. I think I need to take a few Raws off.

2. Good for Bayley winning cleanly, but the ending to that match really didn't accomplish anything.

3. Balor/Nakamura was on the PRE-SHOW

mitchrock
July 16th, 2019, 10:48 AM
The Fiend has arrived!

LetTigerIn
July 16th, 2019, 12:23 PM
A few quick side notes:

- The NJPW G1 Climax shows from the past couple of weeks, have been great, especially the Dallas show.

- More time for Cesaro v Black, please.

- Likewise, keep the Ricochet v AJ feud brewing, and grow the Club while you're at it.

- Speaking of the Club, I agree Balor v Nakamura should be on the main card, not the pre-show.

- Did it seem like there were more Superstars than usual involved on RAW last night?

ucsdguy1
July 16th, 2019, 03:21 PM
A few quick side notes:

- Did it seem like there were more Superstars than usual involved on RAW last night?

Yes, although we're still left with a Rollins/Lesnar rematch that Rollins seemingly will lose.

The fiend was cool. Now how do they translate it ongoing and not let him die out like last time? Rag sheets saying Balor asked for two months off and will get after summerslam. This is a way to write him off. But, will the fiend be the first to beat Balor's demon? (I hope not). And what the hell was the point of Balor losing cleanly to a Joe rollup after like 14 seconds then beating the hell out of Joe anyway. Couldn't they just have had the fiend interrupt the match?

Natalya has zero percent chance at all of beating Lynch but she'll be cheered like a hero in canada.

Good thing we have a Reunion raw next week to interrupt some of the storylines for Summerslam, you know which is like just under a month a way...::cough too many ppv's too soon cough::

ucsdguy1
July 17th, 2019, 08:13 AM
That opening "town hall" was absolutely awful. I shut Smackdown off after it.

Reading a recap, good to see some new blood get some time (Ember Moon, Liv Morgan re-branding, Ali/Shinsuke). And while the Iconics are geniuses, geezus lord what they're doing with Kairi/Asuke (can't even give them intros?).

ucsdguy1
July 18th, 2019, 10:35 AM
shades of Bam Bam and Tazz!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=118&v=s6NooWCpB6o

ucsdguy1
July 25th, 2019, 11:42 AM
I mean VELVETEEN/DUNNE/STRONG at Takeover.

CIrvine
August 2nd, 2019, 11:51 AM
R.I.P. Harley Race.

mitchrock
August 6th, 2019, 05:58 AM
Pretty good Raw last night. Loved The Fiend getting Kurt Angle. Bliss and Cross finally won a title working together. Andrade and Mysterio put on one hell of a match. The Rollins promo was a waste.

ucsdguy1
August 6th, 2019, 12:16 PM
Pretty good Raw last night. Loved The Fiend getting Kurt Angle. Bliss and Cross finally won a title working together. Andrade and Mysterio put on one hell of a match. The Rollins promo was a waste.

Yeah good for Bliss/Cross, but they still have just continued to send Asuke/Sane by the wayside. I'm sure Cross will have to save Bliss time and time again, but they potentially could hold the titles for awhile and give some stability.

Oops wwe
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBQMW-PXUAAYjYk.jpg:large

Agreed on Rollins promo. Did nothing for me, and from the sound of it for the crowd too.

Really curious how the fiend's match will go. Will it be an immediate squash? Will Balor get any offense in (provided no demon) and how will Wyatt respond? Hopefully it's not just another wrestling match.

Sounds like they're leading into Daniel Bryan being the one with the attacks on Reigns. Was also interesting that Joe went from threatening to immediately calling for a medic and turning course. Perhaps a turn for him finally?

Did R Truth just fake deliver a baby?

Are people going to watch Goldberg/Ziggler for the "watching a car crash" aspect after the Saudi Arabia debacle? I mean it can't really be a good match right...

TooCool
August 8th, 2019, 07:14 AM
Yeah good for Bliss/Cross, but they still have just continued to send Asuke/Sane by the wayside. I'm sure Cross will have to save Bliss time and time again, but they potentially could hold the titles for awhile and give some stability.

Agreed on Rollins promo. Did nothing for me, and from the sound of it for the crowd too.

Really curious how the fiend's match will go. Will it be an immediate squash? Will Balor get any offense in (provided no demon) and how will Wyatt respond? Hopefully it's not just another wrestling match.

Sounds like they're leading into Daniel Bryan being the one with the attacks on Reigns. Was also interesting that Joe went from threatening to immediately calling for a medic and turning course. Perhaps a turn for him finally?

Did R Truth just fake deliver a baby?

Are people going to watch Goldberg/Ziggler for the "watching a car crash" aspect after the Saudi Arabia debacle? I mean it can't really be a good match right...

Saw some RAW and Smackdown youtube clips. I'm sad that they made Kairi Sane take the fall. I think someone on Reddit mentioned that since she's been "called up" with the WWE in April, she has only been on TV a freaking total of 5 times. Unreal how WWE has ****ed up something so easily.

I'm guessing Bray Wyatt will have to squash Finn Balor in some manner. But how do you do this without making Balor look pathetic? Maybe regular Bray Wyatt from Firefly Fun House starts the match and it's pretty even? Then maybe when it looks like Balor might win, the lights go out once it comes back on, Bray is suddenly wearing that mask and wins in dominant fashion.

As for this silly storyline of who tried to kill Roman, I think the best pick should have been Luke Harper. But since Vince hates him and won't release him nor use him... that ain't going to happen.

Goldberg/Ziggler... why? No one asked for this match.. lol. Poor Ziggler. I'm trying to imagine him signing that contract extension and being told he'll have to job to Goldberg in 15 seconds. Oh well, a payday is a payday.

LetTigerIn
August 9th, 2019, 01:36 PM
Pin me, pay me.

ucsdguy1
August 11th, 2019, 09:25 AM
What an nxt ppv again. Maybe not the best ever but another solid, solid showing.

1. Swan song for Gargano. Nice standing ovation and thank you’s he got after the show went off air. Look forward to him doing nothing at the top level. Interesting that no other Undisputed members won on the night.

2. That Shirai/LeRae match. I counted 2 or 3 times I thought Io might have broken her neck. LeRae showed well kicking out many times. She’s got a road ahead of her for momentum though. Shirai played the heel role perfectly, yet didn’t even have to pull anything dirty to win.

3. I have no idea who comes after Baszler now. Can’t put another heel in Shirai against her yet. Who’s left, Belair again? When does Dakota Kai get back?

4. Dream coming out after the Mountie song was great. Bummer that dunne had to take the fall.

5. Street Profits we’re solid in their first ppv title defense. They are finding that great balance of being characters but ramping up intensity when the time comes. And did he really just try the people’s elbow?

mitchrock
August 11th, 2019, 10:58 AM
What an nxt ppv again. Maybe not the best ever but another solid, solid showing.

1. Swan song for Gargano. Nice standing ovation and thank you’s he got after the show went off air. Look forward to him doing nothing at the top level. Interesting that no other Undisputed members won on the night.

2. That Shirai/LeRae match. I counted 2 or 3 times I thought Io might have broken her neck. LeRae showed well kicking out many times. She’s got a road ahead of her for momentum though. Shirai played the heel role perfectly, yet didn’t even have to pull anything dirty to win.

3. I have no idea who comes after Baszler now. Can’t put another heel in Shirai against her yet. Who’s left, Belair again? When does Dakota Kai get back?

4. Dream coming out after the Mountie song was great. Bummer that dunne had to take the fall.

5. Street Profits we’re solid in their first ppv title defense. They are finding that great balance of being characters but ramping up intensity when the time comes. And did he really just try the people’s elbow?

The Baszler match was awful. The Shirai/LaRae match was a million times better. One of those two should be the next NXT champ.

Love Velveteen's entrance last night and the 3 way match was very entertaining.

ucsdguy1
August 12th, 2019, 07:58 AM
I only watched a couple matches of Summerslam due to extreme burnout, so only a few comments on those.

1. Lesnar sold for Rollins cleanly, and sold well. Credit to him? That match was far better than I expected it to be. No gimmicks, no unseen rule breaking. Just Rollins taking a whooping and continuing to fight back.
2. Flair/Stratus was also better than I expected. Flair can make any match exciting, it's just too bad there's overkill on her in main eventing. She going to go after Bayley now? And it's interesting this match is much later in the card than Lynch's title defenses that seem to open every pay per view.
3. The Fiend's entrance was pulled off about as well as it could have been. Funny to see Balor look utterly scared when he's got the demon buried. Snapping Finn's neck a la Chong Li?? Wyatt is definitely not for children.
4. Owens/McMahon: Owens is about as good a heelish babyface as there can be right now. Perfect almost using the chair until the ref noticed then low blowing shane when said ref turned to get rid of the chair. I'd say set him loose on Rollins already but they can't. Hopefully he doesn't get stuck in way too long feud with Barin Corbin or continue with Elias for long.

We've got the fiend using the mandible claw and Owens using a stunner. What year is this??

TooCool
August 13th, 2019, 07:07 AM
So I didn't resub to the Network. I know I likely missed out on another great Takeover but right now I'm just not enjoying the WWE product as a whole.

I did see Bray Wyatt's entrance and it's pretty darn awesome. It might have been one of the more well executed entrances that wasn't NXT related in quite some time. I heard they finally bought pyros back to the PPV? This is proof that AEW is on their radar whether or not they'd like to admit it.

On a side note... will Carmella ever stop looking out for Truth and just win the 24/7 title herself one of these days?

ucsdguy1
August 13th, 2019, 02:58 PM
I ain't trying to get to staples center by 4:45 on a friday, nor do I want to pay what this probably going to cost to sit not in the upper top corner right below taylor swift's banner.

https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/gCwnanW-rKDoGLogUmaQpG4JDDRX3WtI_nB5wSWaW2pkrlFPUZsCRDiuUm f9pNMG_0tWVyXKf58f7aHSYBa1wP0H9-xy_80KK84nvVHr_UUqWN_In3dMRRlkfwdIYfGVwVItCqZv=s0-d-e1-ft#https://i3.wwe9.com/1000/assets/Events_Smackdown_Los-Angeles_2019104_PreSale-v3.jpg

ucsdguy1
August 20th, 2019, 08:33 AM
So NXT moving to USA network in september, for a 2 hour weekly show.

Call me a pessimist but now working with an extra hour, worrying about ratings/network executives. Now it's just another main roster show that might lose it's experimentation and edge....Also, NXT is more or less a training ground for a lot of new talent. That extra exposure can't help but feel added pressure, not to mention over-exposure. Currently we can go a week or two or three without seeing certain talent. Not anymore. Not to mention it's a war with AEW they might not win...there is also waaay too much product on cable network tv. dilute, dilute.

LetTigerIn
August 20th, 2019, 10:11 AM

Call me a pessimist but now working with an extra hour, worrying about ratings/network executives. Now it's just another main roster show that might lose it's experimentation and edge....Also, NXT is more or less a training ground for a lot of new talent. That extra exposure can't help but feel added pressure, not to mention over-exposure. Currently we can go a week or two or three without seeing certain talent. Not anymore. Not to mention it's a war with AEW they might not win...there is also waaay too much product on cable network tv. dilute, dilute.

I must be a pessimist, too, because I agree 100%.

TooCool
August 20th, 2019, 10:54 AM

I agree, this can't be good for NXT moving forward. They just taped their usual episodes after TakeOver but starting on the 18th, I believe they're going to go live for 1 episode and then taped for the one after. They say HHH will run it but I think we all know Vince will get his hands on it when it's all said and done. There are a lot of casual WWE fans who don't watch NXT and they likely still won't. So I'm sure eventually Vince will make sure Rollins, Lynch, Charlotte, etc show up on NXT as part of some "wild card" rule as well.

It's a good test for AEW though. I'm excited for it. As much as I love the NXT brand though, you have to admit that in their usual episodes it comes off as low budget. Meanwhile AEW is going to have pyros and everything. It'll be night and day.

ucsdguy1
August 20th, 2019, 10:58 AM
I agree, this can't be good for NXT moving forward. They just taped their usual episodes after TakeOver but starting on the 18th, I believe they're going to go live for 1 episode and then taped for the one after. They say HHH will run it but I think we all know Vince will get his hands on it when it's all said and done. There are a lot of casual WWE fans who don't watch NXT and they likely still won't. So I'm sure eventually Vince will make sure Rollins, Lynch, Charlotte, etc show up on NXT as part of some "wild card" rule as well.

It's a good test for AEW though. I'm excited for it. As much as I love the NXT brand though, you have to admit that in their usual episodes it comes off as low budget. Meanwhile AEW is going to have pyros and everything. It'll be night and day.
Agreed.

NXT is built on small segments, the occasional good to very good match on tv, and the blowout ppv's. You can't do this with a 2 hour live weekly show. I don't even care about the low budget feel, I sort of dug that (until the ppv's). HHH can come out and say all he wants that the show will not change, but we know it will.

We're now going to have 3 hours of raw, 2 hours of smackdown, 2 hours of nxt, and 2 hours of aew on cable tv each week. That's looney tunes.

ucsdguy1
August 29th, 2019, 08:16 AM
Holy Moly I have zero interest in Keith Lee or Dominik Djiakovic but that match between the big men on nxt last night was awesome!!

Street Profits lost the tag titles to O'Reilly and Fish in a pretty solid match. I assume this means Street Profits will start wrestling on Raw/Smackdown at some point, or just build up for a rematch at the next Takeover. Does this mean Strong is going to take the North American title from the Dream for a clean Undisputed sweep?

Rhea Rhipley interrupting Baszler - awesome!!!

This was a pretty f'n good episode of NXT that ONLY NEEDED 1 HOUR.

Also, rag sheets say Enzo/Cass possibly negotiating to return to NXT for the USA show......oh lord

ucsdguy1
September 3rd, 2019, 09:54 AM
RIP hug life

TooCool
September 3rd, 2019, 10:51 AM
RIP hug life

Heel Bayley could be good. But now what? Is Charlotte a face?

I can imagine that Bayley super fan Izzy doing rebel things and her parents will be like, "We blame Bayley for doing this to our daughter!!"

ucsdguy1
September 3rd, 2019, 02:42 PM
Heel Bayley could be good. But now what? Is Charlotte a face?

I can imagine that Bayley super fan Izzy doing rebel things and her parents will be like, "We blame Bayley for doing this to our daughter!!"

While I think a heel turn for Bayley can do her good, I'm not sold on the timing. She was finally doing good as champ. And to just turn at the end of a Raw? Why not do it when it really counts. How about during Banks/Lynch, Banks is about to hit her with a chair. Bayley shows up, grabs it as if to stop her, then hits Lynch while the ref is knocked out or looking elsewhere and Sasha wins the title? Now that would be a heel turn. Or something to where it really mattered.

TooCool
September 3rd, 2019, 08:53 PM
While I think a heel turn for Bayley can do her good, I'm not sold on the timing. She was finally doing good as champ. And to just turn at the end of a Raw? Why not do it when it really counts. How about during Banks/Lynch, Banks is about to hit her with a chair. Bayley shows up, grabs it as if to stop her, then hits Lynch while the ref is knocked out or looking elsewhere and Sasha wins the title? Now that would be a heel turn. Or something to where it really mattered.

Oooh that's a really good idea. That would have definitely pissed people off and it would be a proper heel turn.

So on RAW, Bayley should have just grabbed the chair from Sasha and go, "WTF are you doing?" and then take it with her as Sasha looks on to end the show. Then at the PPV like you mentioned, have a ref bump. Have Sasha grab a chair again and suddenly Bayley comes out to take the chair from her. People will think she's there to be a goody two shoe again, but then she hits Becky a few times with it and rolls out of the ring with the chair just as the ref wakes up. You're right, that would definitely have made a better impact.

mitchrock
September 3rd, 2019, 10:00 PM
Firefly FunHouse was awesome last night. Devil Vince gets paid by Bray! Ramblin Rabbit with the help sign gets pushed down. LET ME IN!

ucsdguy1
September 10th, 2019, 08:31 AM
Shoddy writing again!

Bayley/Sasha vs. Flair/Lynch - while the match was great, if Bayley and Sasha are going to be built as credible heels they should steamroll through opponents first. You're telling me Lynch and Flair couldn't have had some issues between the two of them causing a loss? Or Sasha couldn't have done something to get them DQ'd? Bayley takes the clean pin and suddenly it looks like the two of them couldn't get the job done.

Bayley eating the pin probably means she'll keep her title against Flair. Best to let Banks take the title from Lynch as well and they can say they were playing possum.

ucsdguy1
September 11th, 2019, 07:56 AM
More shoddy writing again!

Remember that time Owens was the new steve austin and raised hell as he pleased? All of a sudden a fine causes him to buckle and do Shane's bidding as referee??? What is he, virgil? Imagine the likes of stone cold letting that slide....

Owens can (a) come back out of spite and wreck McMahon, except this has pretty much ALREADY HAPPENED, or (b) go to NXT on USA and get a name for their national debut(s), potential but again wasted his recent time at the top level.

Meshugganah

TooCool
September 11th, 2019, 08:46 AM
More shoddy writing again!

Remember that time Owens was the new steve austin and raised hell as he pleased? All of a sudden a fine causes him to buckle and do Shane's bidding as referee??? What is he, virgil? Imagine the likes of stone cold letting that slide....

Owens can (a) come back out of spite and wreck McMahon, except this has pretty much ALREADY HAPPENED, or (b) go to NXT on USA and get a name for their national debut(s), potential but again wasted his recent time at the top level.

Meshugganah

I caught some of Smackdown last night. So storyline wise... if Owens got "fired" (how many times has he been fired now? LOL), does he still have to pay that 100k fine? ;) I can definitely see him going to NXT for a bit since we all know they will need star power to go up against AEW. You're right though, they're not using him correctly but at this point it's like beating a dead horse since so many stars aren't used correctly right now.

Gable winning was great although this whole thing about him being short is stupid as hell. I was disappointed to see that they trademarked "Shorty G" or some **** weeks ago. But what really bugged me was the graphic of Gable vs Corbin for the KOTR is on RAW? Why the hell is it not on the PPV? That's stupid.

ucsdguy1
September 12th, 2019, 09:55 AM
Gable winning was great although this whole thing about him being short is stupid as hell.
Kind of like Mandy Rose essentially ripping on Nikki Cross for being ugly?

LetTigerIn
September 12th, 2019, 10:06 AM
The WWE writers are not as bad as the MLS writers.

This probably belongs in the other thread, but oh well.

ucsdguy1
September 13th, 2019, 08:30 AM
Happy friday the 13th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGEvSkrzYTI

ucsdguy1
September 16th, 2019, 08:59 PM
Rusev returns........FOR THAT????

TooCool
September 16th, 2019, 11:44 PM
Rusev returns........FOR THAT????

Creative writing at its finest... LOL

And here I still remember that Aiden English + Lana thing that bombed.

ucsdguy1
September 17th, 2019, 02:11 PM
Creative writing at its finest... LOL

And here I still remember that Aiden English + Lana thing that bombed.
He got zero crowd reaction, which is not unwarranted given the circumstance.

Also with regards to the Fiend....I think the stuff is great. I wish they had let him steamroll a few other guys before getting put into the universal title scene to build up. But after Rollins beat Strowman who in the heck else is there really to challenge him? And you can't possibly have Wyatt lose this match. I'd say the only way he doesn't win the title is if he just decides to obliterate Rollins and disappear, coming up with some reason why he doesn't need a title to cure the pain. Having him take out Kane was a pretty good passing of the torch.

LetTigerIn
September 17th, 2019, 04:49 PM
I like that they dim the house lights now during the in-ring fighter introductions. It has that classic feel to it with just the ring illuminated, and it makes the match feel more important.

ucsdguy1
September 18th, 2019, 09:10 AM
Brock just couldn't stay away. I suppose it was inevitable with the move to Fox.

TooCool
September 18th, 2019, 09:55 AM
Brock just couldn't stay away. I suppose it was inevitable with the move to Fox.

Oh for sure. I think we all knew it was going to happen. They need as many casual viewers as possible on Fox. Even if it means a part time WWE champion *sigh*. At least they made Kofi look strong... and he even surpassed Jinder Mahal in having a longer WWE Title reign. It's just too bad he didn't really have any meaningful feuds during this whole title reign. I think his best feud was with Daniel Bryan and that was way back in Wrestlemania.

What the hell is up with Otis's new ring gear? Just trunks but it made him look especially fat. I guess that's the idea? The fans love him though so that's always a plus. And I also like that the fans are cheering for Chad Gable too.

It's just a shame that guys like Aleister Black and Andrade are still doing NOTHING.

ucsdguy1
September 18th, 2019, 11:57 AM
Oh for sure. I think we all knew it was going to happen. They need as many casual viewers as possible on Fox. Even if it means a part time WWE champion *sigh*. At least they made Kofi look strong... and he even surpassed Jinder Mahal in having a longer WWE Title reign. It's just too bad he didn't really have any meaningful feuds during this whole title reign. I think his best feud was with Daniel Bryan and that was way back in Wrestlemania.

What the hell is up with Otis's new ring gear? Just trunks but it made him look especially fat. I guess that's the idea? The fans love him though so that's always a plus. And I also like that the fans are cheering for Chad Gable too.

It's just a shame that guys like Aleister Black and Andrade are still doing NOTHING.

I liked Chad Gable's run. Corbin seems like the prototypical a-hole KOTR winner. His matches in the tournament weren't that bad. It's just we've seen him do this same shtick for a year. I still also really miss Gable's long hair.

I would have no problem at all if they moved Black and Andrade back to NXT.

ucsdguy1
September 19th, 2019, 08:39 AM
Well I hate to see Velveteen lose his title, but they sure went all in on Undisputed.

I watched both the hour on USA and the hour and the network. The women's fatal 4 way and Dream/Strong matches were very good. But my gut - 2 hours is too long for a weekly show. We had a Dunne match, a Li match, Imperium showed up and messed with Kushida, Lorcan/Rush and finally the dain/riddle streetfight which was way too short only to lead into however the heck the show ended. The main matches themselves could've been spaced over 2-3 weeks. Not altogether bad but too much content, too much to follow. The hour show was perfect for spacing and not overdoing it.

Mental note: Gargano was MIA

And guess who returns next week.....

TooCool
September 19th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Well I hate to see Velveteen lose his title, but they sure went all in on Undisputed.

I watched both the hour on USA and the hour and the network. The women's fatal 4 way and Dream/Strong matches were very good. But my gut - 2 hours is too long for a weekly show. We had a Dunne match, a Li match, Imperium showed up and messed with Kushida, Lorcan/Rush and finally the dain/riddle streetfight which was way too short only to lead into however the heck the show ended. The main matches themselves could've been spaced over 2-3 weeks. Not altogether bad but too much content, too much to follow. The hour show was perfect for spacing and not overdoing it.

Mental note: Gargano was MIA

And guess who returns next week.....

Great "first" episode of NXT on USA. My only gripe about it moving to the USA Network are those dreaded commercial breaks that completely suck out the momentum of the matches. On the WWE Network, I remember they're like 30-45 seconds long and you can just fast forward through that. Last night on the USA Network, it was the usual 3-4 minutes of commercials and it made me immediately wish it wasn't on USA.

You're right though. There was A LOT that happened. I don't think they can keep this pace up to be honest and it might eventually get really watered down like RAW and Smackdown. Very curious what the ratings were without competition. I'm sure many curious eyes will still tune into AEW but we'll have to wait and see.

And is Dakota Kai one of your favorite just like how Kairi Sane is mine? Haha.

TooCool
September 24th, 2019, 09:25 AM
How freaking great is Sami Zayn??

https://i.imgur.com/kUgu51B.gifv

Also I can't help but notice that heel Bayley is acting pretty much the same way Sami does. Love it.

ucsdguy1
September 26th, 2019, 07:59 AM
And is Dakota Kai one of your favorite just like how Kairi Sane is mine? Haha.
was that her? :)

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/004/362/537/7c5f75fa0af4a40dc03ee618bd071541_crop_exact.jpg?h= 533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

TooCool
September 26th, 2019, 01:35 PM
was that her? :)

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/004/362/537/7c5f75fa0af4a40dc03ee618bd071541_crop_exact.jpg?h= 533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

Man, I knew she was cute but now she's cute hot.

I caught a glimpse of that match on Youtube. I like Taynara Conti too though she still looks a bit rough in the ring.

ucsdguy1
October 1st, 2019, 03:09 PM
Now that Rusev was sort of made face again, and Lana went on that makeout session with Lashley......did we think anything other than "Aiden told you so"? And do we care that Lashley is involved in this?

Also, I get it was the "Raw Season Premier", but the f*** with basing seemingly the whole show on Team Flair vs. Team Hogan at crown jewel. Outside of Banks/Lynch did they forget there's a PPV this sunday??? (thanks for the reminder fiend)

TooCool
October 2nd, 2019, 11:05 AM
Now that Rusev was sort of made face again, and Lana went on that makeout session with Lashley......did we think anything other than "Aiden told you so"? And do we care that Lashley is involved in this?

Also, I get it was the "Raw Season Premier", but the f*** with basing seemingly the whole show on Team Flair vs. Team Hogan at crown jewel. Outside of Banks/Lynch did they forget there's a PPV this sunday??? (thanks for the reminder fiend)

I honestly think that they're so focused on the new RAW, NXT, and Smackdown stuff and competing with AEW that they totally forgot there's a PPV on Sunday. And the sad thing is that it's a meaningless PPV too with the draft happening right after.

I saw the opening to RAW. It's such a simple concept isn't it? Bring back pyro and fans are hyped to start the show. Becky Lynch got her steam/smoke back which is good. I liked that Alexa Bliss has pyro now and Rollins has the Kane-like flames. AJ Styles never got his pyro back which is lame.

I'm stoked for AEW tonight. Really hope they give us something fresh and I'm eager to see how their production style is.

ucsdguy1
October 2nd, 2019, 09:46 PM
I’m still getting to aew, but Finn Balor is back in nxt bay bay!

TooCool
October 3rd, 2019, 01:29 PM
AEW - 1.4 million viewers
NXT - 891,000 viewers

Good start for AEW. I don't even see them as being in "war" with NXT. If anything, I pray AEW continues its success so that it makes RAW and Smackdown better. We all already know that NXT delivers, especially their Takeovers.

ucsdguy1
October 4th, 2019, 10:40 PM
I’m not a big ufc guy and only really know Cain Velasquez having heard the name before. And granted this will draw name interest, but good lord Kofi deserved much better than that.

Is it Wednesday yet?

TooCool
October 4th, 2019, 11:06 PM
I’m not a big ufc guy and only really know Cain Velasquez having heard the name before. And granted this will draw name interest, but good lord Kofi deserved much better than that.

Is it Wednesday yet?

I'm pissed that they did Kofi dirty. Honestly, this is the thing I hate most about Vince and his "big stars". For me personally, there's a reason why I DON'T watch UFC/MMA. I don't care for it. I get that Lesnar is a draw (but that's because you refuse to build new stars). Then you got this Cain Velasquez dude and that other guy feuding with Braun Strowman now.

It was great that Kofi got his Wrestlemania moment. Hell, I remember thinking that even if he held the WWE Title for 1 month and lost it, I would have been okay with it. But to see him get booked as a strong champion for the last 6 months, only to lose it to Lesnar in 5 seconds is an absolute slap in the face in my opinion. You're pretty much saying "Here, we're going to have the UFC guys take over. You, the actual full time wrestler need to take a back seat yet again."

As for the rest of the show, it was okay at best. Way too many commercial breaks! So much for Fox cutting down on it. The ladder match felt rushed. Braun's new feud with the other MMA dude thing made 7 other guys look useless and pointless... and those guys were the likes of AJ Styles, Miz, and even Orton. Rollins/Nakamura was pointless but at least it builds for Hell in a Cell. The 4 horsewomen worked an okay match.

The only fun part was The Rock's segment to start the show. Good for Becky Lynch and Baron Corbin though for being able to share that moment with The Rock.

I'm definitely looking forward to see what AEW can give us on Wednesday. And I definitely won't bother with Hell in a Cell or Raw.

mitchrock
October 5th, 2019, 02:31 PM
Loved Smackdown last night. Kofi had the title waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. The Funhouse episode was hilarious. Love seeing how Ramblin Rabbit is going to die each time. Been to long since the Rock appeared. Loved his segment. HE did a nice job of passing the torch to Becky Lynch. Hell In A Cell tomorrow Mitches!

ucsdguy1
October 6th, 2019, 10:16 PM
Hahahaha nice match and ending Wwe!

And thanks for coming back/going heel Sasha and bayley. It did wonders for your results.

At least the banks/lynch and Bryan/Reigns matches were entertaining enough. And asuke channeled her inner great muta/yoshihiro tajiri to get a result.

ucsdguy1
October 12th, 2019, 09:05 AM
Man take it with a grain of salt but that "draft" last night was horrible. I don't care about fox nfl teams doing analysis, nor do I care about feaux celebrating fox/usa executives celebrating in board rooms (come on now). Stephanie's delivery on the picks left much to be desired.

So the fiend attacks rollins from under the ring, but goes to the blue brand so I guess that's that?

I also can't imagine caring less about crown jewel.

I guess Bayley finally going full heel and winning the title was one memorable moment (there were other ways she could've won in heel fashion than just a roll up). (see https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/10/12/20911045/bayley-heel-turn-crying-boy-video-reaction)

But geez this was pretty unwatchable for me, and I'm inching more towards only focusing on AEW and NXT next-day replays, and just highlights of the other shows.

TooCool
October 13th, 2019, 04:22 PM
Man take it with a grain of salt but that "draft" last night was horrible. I don't care about fox nfl teams doing analysis, nor do I care about feaux celebrating fox/usa executives celebrating in board rooms (come on now). Stephanie's delivery on the picks left much to be desired.

So the fiend attacks rollins from under the ring, but goes to the blue brand so I guess that's that?

I also can't imagine caring less about crown jewel.

I guess Bayley finally going full heel and winning the title was one memorable moment (there were other ways she could've won in heel fashion than just a roll up). (see https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/10/12/20911045/bayley-heel-turn-crying-boy-video-reaction)

But geez this was pretty unwatchable for me, and I'm inching more towards only focusing on AEW and NXT next-day replays, and just highlights of the other shows.

Smackdown absolutely rubbed me the wrong way. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm just about done with WWE at this point.

It's like you said, the draft was really bad. Fake reactions from the "war room" on a draft format that makes ZERO SENSE. All the champs should be picked first, because shouldn't you want the titles on your show? The Rollins/Reigns match was definitely dumb as they tried to play it off as something important with the winner getting the 1st pick. Then Bray attacks Seth so RAW gets the pick? Okay...... Then Fox supposedly chooses Roman Reigns anyway even though he lost. Along with Bray, when he gave RAW the 1st pick. Logic much?

Then you have the "USA Network" being idiots and drafting Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross separately. Way to waste your pick there geniuses.

But the thing that bugged me the most was that Kofi Kingston got ZERO promo time. It's like he didn't give a **** about losing the WWE Title, the title he held for 6 MONTHS. He went back on to his merry way, throwing pancakes with the New Day. This is why WWE is unwatchable. Time and time again, Vince pushes the part time UFC has-beens to be his main eventers. He realizes that UFC people don't even watch WWE right? It's just insulting to all the wrestlers who bust their asses night in and night out, only to be pushed aside immediately because some former MMA fighter wants to sign part time. I'm just sick of it.

And my last rant for the evening is Shorty Gable. Yeah, we know Vince got it trademarked 1-2 months ago but to insist on going through with it just annoys me some more. Here you got a great story in an overlooked underdog who almost won King of the Ring. The fans got behind him and then guess what? He loses to Corbin. Then he beats Corbin on RAW or whatever, only to have yet another rematch. He wins again, and then Corbin immediately beats him up backstage. Corbin insists on the short jokes and the announcers started saying it. How does this help Gable? He suddenly gets a name change and is stuck with it just because Vince finds it hilarious?

You compare that to Darby Allin over on AEW. He's short too. But guess what? Jim Ross describes what kind of fighter he is and just how freaking tough he is. He gets over based on the fact that he's gritty and won't back down despite his size. AEW doesn't poke fun at his height and put him down intentionally. Now Darby Allin looks like a legit contender as he faces Jericho for the AEW Title on Wednesday. This is all because he went toe-to-toe with Cody in a 20 minute draw, and defeated Jimmy Havoc. Meanwhile Gable is just Shorty Gable. Yikes......

Well, that's all for my ranting. Thanks for reading.

mitchrock
October 13th, 2019, 07:58 PM
I am all in on Shorty Gable mania! Join me Mel.

ucsdguy1
October 14th, 2019, 09:18 AM
You compare that to Darby Allin over on AEW. He's short too. But guess what? Jim Ross describes what kind of fighter he is and just how freaking tough he is. He gets over based on the fact that he's gritty and won't back down despite his size. AEW doesn't poke fun at his height and put him down intentionally. Now Darby Allin looks like a legit contender as he faces Jericho for the AEW Title on Wednesday. This is all because he went toe-to-toe with Cody in a 20 minute draw, and defeated Jimmy Havoc. Meanwhile Gable is just Shorty Gable. Yikes......

On point with Allin. And that skateboarding down the ramp was pretty cool. He's not going to beat Jericho Wednesday but I bet he is pretty darn entertaining trying.

I went by Hot Topic at the mall this weekend and was oh so close, but $30 for an AEW shirt.....man I just can't spend the dough yet.

LetTigerIn
October 14th, 2019, 09:21 AM

I'm still trying to figure out how a guy being billed as straight edge is called Darby Allin.

ucsdguy1
October 15th, 2019, 11:07 AM
but more importantly...

https://www.cameo.com/luchasaurus

my birthday is in june.....

ucsdguy1
October 16th, 2019, 09:36 AM
I mean it just keeps getting worse..

As announced by @WWE COO @TripleH on @WWE Backstage, @AlexaBliss_WWE & @NikkiCrossWWE have been traded to @WWE Friday Night SmackDown.

In exchange #RAW (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=RAW) will get future draft pick considerations.

TooCool
October 16th, 2019, 10:11 AM
I mean it just keeps getting worse..

It's like they've never watched sports before. How do you hype up a major trade only for it to be Alexa and Nikki for future considerations? That's like trading Dwight King for a 4th round pick. Nothing blockbuster about that.

And it makes RAW look dumb because not only did they waste 2 picks by not picking them together, they now shipped those two for "future considerations". :lol:

--------------------------

Quick side note. Heel Kairi Sane is so cute.

ucsdguy1
October 24th, 2019, 08:37 AM
Wow balor went full on heel and ciampa has become an anti-hero face. Who would've thought.. Interesting as Undisputed seem to be the top heels at the moment, did they need Balor to turn? While he didn't outright join Undisputed, I figured he'd join with Gargano and Ciampa and 1 more in a war games against them..

Uh and that Strong/Lee/Dijakovic match - holy hell that was insane.

And next week it's Kai/Nox vs. Sane/Asuke. It begins..

I feel bad because AEW is totally overshadowing NXT at the moment (and AEW was awesome last night), but NXT had some seriously good wrestling on the show. I wish it was still an hour and not up against Dynamite as I've said in other posts. But they still in spurts for the most part delivering the goods

mitchrock
October 26th, 2019, 02:55 PM
Wow balor went full on heel and ciampa has become an anti-hero face. Who would've thought.. Interesting as Undisputed seem to be the top heels at the moment, did they need Balor to turn? While he didn't outright join Undisputed, I figured he'd join with Gargano and Ciampa and 1 more in a war games against them..

Uh and that Strong/Lee/Dijakovic match - holy hell that was insane.

And next week it's Kai/Nox vs. Sane/Asuke. It begins..

I feel bad because AEW is totally overshadowing NXT at the moment (and AEW was awesome last night), but NXT had some seriously good wrestling on the show. I wish it was still an hour and not up against Dynamite as I've said in other posts. But they still in spurts for the most part delivering the goods

The ratings are narrowing. AEW only had 300k more viewers than NXT this past week.

ucsdguy1
October 29th, 2019, 09:34 AM
words can't describe how bad this rusev angle is. It's like they're finally saying "see we listen, rusev is getting an angle" while indirectly burying him with how putrid it is.

Dexter
November 13th, 2019, 10:44 AM
Way to bring in a top dawg at the end of a show nobody watches.

ucsdguy1
November 13th, 2019, 01:46 PM
ha! I had to google what you meant...

indeed. although the rags seem to be saying his deal is with fox, not wwe, and he can say whatever he wants.

Also Johnny Gargano has a neck injury and is out of Takeover: Wargames. That sucks.

TooCool
November 13th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Way to bring in a top dawg at the end of a show nobody watches.

Right? Their debut episode of WWE Backstage got 76k viewers I think. And they had to say it wasn't a typo. What are they hoping for now on this recap show? Like 100k viewers?

But I guess for WWE and CM Punk, it's the step in the right direction. I'd love to see Punk return and wrestle the likes of Aleister Black, Andrade, Daniel Bryan, Adam Cole, Roderick Strong, Matt Riddle, Ricochet, Johnny Gargano, Tomasso Ciampa, etc.

And hey... maybe AJ Lee can return too? She only left because Punk left right?

Dexter
November 13th, 2019, 10:50 PM
I think she's perfectly fine with Mom duty.

TooCool
November 14th, 2019, 11:50 AM
I think she's perfectly fine with Mom duty.

She has kids?! Nooooooooooooo

Dexter
November 14th, 2019, 12:34 PM
If I remember correctly, she's been pregnant since 2014.

ucsdguy1
November 21st, 2019, 05:33 PM
So NXT is taking part in Survivor Series sunday, but Takeover is Saturday? Is that counter-intuitive? I'm actually not really liking the whole invasion angle either. It's repetitive, and I'd rather see NXT be a standalone. I hate to see the tremendous matches those guys and gals put on get watered down in a 7 hour wwe ppv...

ucsdguy1
November 22nd, 2019, 09:59 AM
So NXT is taking part in Survivor Series sunday, but Takeover is Saturday? Is that counter-intuitive? I'm actually not really liking the whole invasion angle either. It's repetitive, and I'd rather see NXT be a standalone. I hate to see the tremendous matches those guys and gals put on get watered down in a 7 hour wwe ppv...
and after watching NXT from Wednesday that about sums it. About 14 inter-brand brawls all with a build to Survivor Series, and very little build to Wargames. Not really even sure why they're having it this weekend.

TooCool
November 23rd, 2019, 09:53 PM
and after watching NXT from Wednesday that about sums it. About 14 inter-brand brawls all with a build to Survivor Series, and very little build to Wargames. Not really even sure why they're having it this weekend.

I know it's Survivor Series weekend and all but it is silly that WWE is going to pretend that NXT isn't going to be at an extreme disadvantage going into Survivor Series after almost everyone going through hell at War Games.

I still haven't re-subbed to the Network and I don't plan to. But I did catch a bunch of highlight clips.

- Dakota Kai a heel now. Awesome! I could see that she was left out of the War Games teams and wasn't even part of the "invasion" angle on Smackdown when the Women attacked. So this heel turn was great even if we sensed it was coming.

- Kevin Owens is now back on NXT like Finn Balor. This is a great way to establish them as the 3rd brand and not a developmental brand anymore.

All in all, I'm sure I missed a great TakeOver. I still kind of get chills thinking back to last year and how we got to experience War Games in person. :)

As for Survivor Series tomorrow... I don't care for it. =\ Remember last year when Smackdown won the pre-show match and they insisted that it didn't count? Then RAW swept everything, making Smackdown look pathetic and then there was ZERO follow up on it? That's why i don't care about this invasion angle at all. I'm sure it was all done to get NXT to beat AEW in ratings which they barely did this past Wednesday. But I'm sure after this PPV, things will be back to normal and no one will care about this brand supremacy nonsense again.

ucsdguy1
November 24th, 2019, 09:00 AM
I know it's Survivor Series weekend and all but it is silly that WWE is going to pretend that NXT isn't going to be at an extreme disadvantage going into Survivor Series after almost everyone going through hell at War Games.

I still haven't re-subbed to the Network and I don't plan to. But I did catch a bunch of highlight clips.

- Dakota Kai a heel now. Awesome! I could see that she was left out of the War Games teams and wasn't even part of the "invasion" angle on Smackdown when the Women attacked. So this heel turn was great even if we sensed it was coming. I give props to all the women in this match, they delivered.

- Kevin Owens is now back on NXT like Finn Balor. This is a great way to establish them as the 3rd brand and not a developmental brand anymore.

All in all, I'm sure I missed a great TakeOver. I still kind of get chills thinking back to last year and how we got to experience War Games in person. :)

As for Survivor Series tomorrow... I don't care for it. =\ Remember last year when Smackdown won the pre-show match and they insisted that it didn't count? Then RAW swept everything, making Smackdown look pathetic and then there was ZERO follow up on it? That's why i don't care about this invasion angle at all. I'm sure it was all done to get NXT to beat AEW in ratings which they barely did this past Wednesday. But I'm sure after this PPV, things will be back to normal and no one will care about this brand supremacy nonsense again.

Women’s wargames match was great. They’ve been teasing a Kai heel turn for awhile. Figured it might happen. Makes sense she would attack and prohibit her from partaking in the match. Might also though have liked her to turn during the match and cost the face team the win. Also very surprised they still let LeRae/Rhea win, and that Baszler got pinned. I suppose Kai can start a feud with any of them now.

Both wargames matches were tons of fun as expected. I legitimately prayed for people's safety a few times in both matches. Good to see Kevin Owens have something to do. Undisputed sure did go through some tables. And Cole yeesh, how does he compete tonight? He won’t lose but I’m sure they can build up his being beat up.

I get Balor had to win, but another loss for Riddle should hurt his credibility, no? He's still pretty over, but at some point has to beat someone again.

So both NXT women's and men's champions took the pins in their matches? When does that happen

Limited matches, but all matches pretty good (with the wargames being highlights). I look forward to NXT not really doing anything much of note tonight ☺

ucsdguy1
November 24th, 2019, 08:25 PM
I look forward to NXT not really doing anything much of note tonight ☺
Okay I guess I stand corrected

ucsdguy1
December 10th, 2019, 09:07 AM
Didn't watch Raw but I suppose Rollins and AOP are now a thing? I guess it's good AOP is doing something..

This Rusev/Lana thing needs to end now, and badly. But at least he mentioned that it was Rusev Day again...

I'm pretty much only on NXT and AEW nowadays

TooCool
December 16th, 2019, 12:06 AM
Didn't care about TLC but I was looking on Reddit and there were some really disturbing spots with Charlotte being absolutely careless and oblivious to the fact that Kairi Sane was concussed during the match. Yikes.

ucsdguy1
December 16th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Didn't care about TLC but I was looking on Reddit and there were some really disturbing spots with Charlotte being absolutely careless and oblivious to the fact that Kairi Sane was concussed during the match. Yikes.
I didn't either, but Sane/Asuke was the way to go. I assume they're setting up Asuke/Lynch for possibly royal rumble. Remember that time Asuke made Lynch tap out? Yesterday can only build wins for Asuke to hold over her.

I want to see a highlight of Black/Murphy as the rags saying it appears Black's nose was smashed across his face. ouch.

I'm looking forward to Cole/Balor on NXT this week, even though it is guaranteed to end in a non-finish leading to a ppv match.

LetTigerIn
December 16th, 2019, 11:43 AM

A couple of spots looked pretty brutal. I don't necessarily think Charlotte was being careless. If that were the case, she would have power bombed Kairi before fully getting her up, I think. Oblivious is probably a fair description. The power bomb, in particular, should not have happened. Becky seemed to realize that Kairi was hurt, and also looked like she brought it to the attention of one of the refs. Becky seemed to help Kairi as much as she could. Following that, the ref should have checked on Kairi and informed everyone else in the match. Becky could have done so, too, but I think moreso it's the ref's responsibility. Maybe that happened. Then, yeah, Charlotte should have been more careful. Anyway, there are lots of factors involved when dealing with something like whatever happened.

I didn't either, but Sane/Asuke was the way to go. I assume they're setting up Asuke/Lynch for possibly royal rumble. Remember that time Asuke made Lynch tap out? Yesterday can only build wins for Asuke to hold over her.

I want to see a highlight of Black/Murphy as the rags saying it appears Black's nose was smashed across his face. ouch.

I'm looking forward to Cole/Balor on NXT this week, even though it is guaranteed to end in a non-finish leading to a ppv match.

Aleister may have smashed his nose on the steps taking a bump out of the ring, or Murphy may have clipped it with his boot when giving Black a face wash. Those are the most likely two possibilities that I can recall. It was bleeding pretty good but was not outrageous. Watching Kairi struggle through the end of the match was much more difficult. I hope neither of their injuries are too serious.

TooCool
December 16th, 2019, 07:12 PM
A couple of spots looked pretty brutal. I don't necessarily think Charlotte was being careless. If that were the case, she would have power bombed Kairi before fully getting her up, I think. Oblivious is probably a fair description. The power bomb, in particular, should not have happened. Becky seemed to realize that Kairi was hurt, and also looked like she brought it to the attention of one of the refs. Becky seemed to help Kairi as much as she could. Following that, the ref should have checked on Kairi and informed everyone else in the match. Becky could have done so, too, but I think moreso it's the ref's responsibility. Maybe that happened. Then, yeah, Charlotte should have been more careful. Anyway, there are lots of factors involved when dealing with something like whatever happened.

Well said. I think when I made that post I was steamed because Kairi is one of my favorite wrestlers. It looks like she's okay now and looking back on it, you're absolutely right. It's weird that Becky knew and she told the ref. But for whatever god damn reason, the refs around the ring didn't think it was a good idea to inform Charlotte. It was a very bizarre situation all around and it was handled poorly.

LetTigerIn
December 18th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Well said. I think when I made that post I was steamed because Kairi is one of my favorite wrestlers. It looks like she's okay now and looking back on it, you're absolutely right. It's weird that Becky knew and she told the ref. But for whatever god damn reason, the refs around the ring didn't think it was a good idea to inform Charlotte. It was a very bizarre situation all around and it was handled poorly.

Kairi showed a lot of heart and professionalism finishing that match, and maybe even more appearing (albeit briefly) on RAW. I hope she has a complete and speedy recovery. I wondered how she and Asuka would work as heels, and they've been great. One of the things that made watching her work the match injured even more difficult was that she lost her usual infectious energy. I'm also a fan of her and her evil glee.

ucsdguy1
December 20th, 2019, 02:08 PM
Great match from Baszler/Ripley. Ripley earned every second of it from overcoming cheap shots to not tapping out after a long period of time (hint hint becky). Baszler made her look incredibly credible. Shirai may be ready to first challenge Ripley (or soon enough) and perhaps Baszler can move and feud with Lynch towards Wrestlemania (assuming they will allow Becky to dispose of Asuke). I'm just very surprised they ended Baszler's run on the weekly show and not on a ppv..

TooCool
December 20th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Great match from Baszler/Ripley. Ripley earned every second of it from overcoming cheap shots to not tapping out after a long period of time (hint hint becky). Baszler made her look incredibly credible. Shirai may be ready to first challenge Ripley (or soon enough) and perhaps Baszler can move and feud with Lynch towards Wrestlemania (assuming they will allow Becky to dispose of Asuke). I'm just very surprised they ended Baszler's run on the weekly show and not on a ppv..

Might have been done since they're competing with AEW so they can't hold back. The element of surprise is always good anyway. So does this mean Shayna Baszler will win the Rumble? I figured they'll have an NXT person win anyway so she could be it.

ucsdguy1
December 20th, 2019, 05:28 PM
Might have been done since they're competing with AEW so they can't hold back. The element of surprise is always good anyway. So does this mean Shayna Baszler will win the Rumble? I figured they'll have an NXT person win anyway so she could be it.
I get it. And NXT did beat AEW in the ratings this week.

Obviously Dakota Kai is going to win the Rumble, I mean come on now..

ucsdguy1
January 10th, 2020, 09:48 AM
Also I think my favorite part of NXT Wednesday might have been Matt Riddle’s vignette on how he approached Dunne for a tag team, his mimicking of Dunne’s face, and the “Bro’s-erweights” being born...

TooCool
January 15th, 2020, 04:12 PM
Saw R-Truth's promo on RAW. Love it!

I think WWE kind of dropped the ball though on not having Lesnar "shock the world" and win the 24/7 Title. That would give some fresh life back to the title because Truth winning it back nonstop got old fast. If it were up to me, I'd have Lesnar 2 belts (lol) and then have the lower card be dumb enough to chase him for it. But then eventually have them all work together to cost Lesnar the 24/7 Title. (Say McIntyre is the one that knocks Lesnar out and then a lower card guy can win it). This way, Lesnar loses the 24/7 Title and it sets up an automatic feud with someone like Drew for the WWE Title.

Also, Kevin Owens with that move off the entrance skateboard thing was awesome!

ucsdguy1
January 15th, 2020, 04:49 PM
Saw R-Truth's promo on RAW. Love it!

I think WWE kind of dropped the ball though on not having Lesnar "shock the world" and win the 24/7 Title. That would give some fresh life back to the title because Truth winning it back nonstop got old fast. If it were up to me, I'd have Lesnar 2 belts (lol) and then have the lower card be dumb enough to chase him for it. But then eventually have them all work together to cost Lesnar the 24/7 Title. (Say McIntyre is the one that knocks Lesnar out and then a lower card guy can win it). This way, Lesnar loses the 24/7 Title and it sets up an automatic feud with someone like Drew for the WWE Title.

Also, Kevin Owens with that move off the entrance skateboard thing was awesome!

R Truth once again proved why he is a national treasure. I was laughing hard (and I'm pretty sure Brock was too)

McIntyre has been great on the mic lately and is getting a good crowd reaction. I'm assuming they're seemingly setting up Brock in the rumble to see who will eliminate him and set up a feud for a wrestlemania match. They're don't seem to be too many key players that would move the needle who haven't already lost to him, so may be Drew gets a shot. Or maybe they spice it up and let Keith Lee or someone from NXT have a go. It can't be Reigns again right? :)

TooCool
January 15th, 2020, 05:25 PM
R Truth once again proved why he is a national treasure. I was laughing hard (and I'm pretty sure Brock was too)

McIntyre has been great on the mic lately and is getting a good crowd reaction. I'm assuming they're seemingly setting up Brock in the rumble to see who will eliminate him and set up a feud for a wrestlemania match. They're don't seem to be too many key players that would move the needle who haven't already lost to him, so may be Drew gets a shot. Or maybe they spice it up and let Keith Lee or someone from NXT have a go. It can't be Reigns again right? :)

I think regardless of Rumble results, we're stuck with Reigns/Fiend anyway. lol

ucsdguy1
January 21st, 2020, 01:37 PM
Well Royal Rumble sunday. Frankly I've been way more entrenched in NXT and AEW. But how about some predictions:

Men's Royal Rumble: He doesn't necessarily do long matches anymore, but I'm going to go on a limb and say Lesnar outlasts everyone and wins. They can then drag on the story of him handpicking who he'll face at WM or some other crap. You just know they're itching for him to do it. Otherwise Drew McIntyre but I don't think he's built up enough for a title match at WrestleMania.

Women's Royal Rumble: I think this is still happening? They sure haven't built much up for it. I'll say Charlotte wins and goes for yet another title at WrestleMania (unless Dakota Kai wins it)

Bayley vs. Evans: I can't believe I'm saying this when it involves Bayley, but yawn. They sure seem to be prepping Evans for a bigger match with Banks, so I'll say she wins here.

Lynch vs. Asuke: as much as I'd like to see Asuke win, ain't no chance. Lynch gets revenge and beats her, and Asuke can go back to being tag team champ. Then we can all wait until Rousey returns to fight Lynch at WM right?

Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan: Wyatt should not lose the title yet. He's got to be at WrestleMania. Yet as Bryan has already lost cleanly to him, something has to change. I would say Bryan somehow cheekily wins, or Wyatt gets DQ'd, setting up a WrestleMania re-match with some sort of stipulation. But that's a long time to prolong this feud. So let's say Wyatt wins cleanly and will go on to face Reigns at WM.

Seamus vs. Gable: I have to imagine this gets relegated to the pre-show, otherwise is just filler between other matches. I guess Seamus since he just returned.

Reigns vs. Corbin: double knockout to please just end this feud already.

I only saw two things on Raw last night, Andrade/Mysterio ladder and Rusev. Only one is worth talking about. Frankly I wish the ladder match was at the royal rumble because it was pretty darn good. They could do amazing things with a bit more time.

So what am I missing - they can't have Rusev lose yet ANOTHER match to Lashley on the pre-show can they? (let's not talk about what they've done to liv morgan).

EDIT: They've added Carrilllo/Andrade title match to the rumble card.

TooCool
January 21st, 2020, 11:27 PM
Yeah, Honestly I'm not sure if I'm going to re-sub to watch the Rumble. Tempted to since it's my favorite PPV of the year... but we'll see. I'll throw in my predictions as well for fun.

Men's Royal Rumble: He doesn't necessarily do long matches anymore, but I'm going to go on a limb and say Lesnar outlasts everyone and wins. They can then drag on the story of him handpicking who he'll face at WM or some other crap. You just know they're itching for him to do it. Otherwise Drew McIntyre but I don't think he's built up enough for a title match at WrestleMania.

I think Lesnar is either going to get eliminated by Cain Velasquez or WWE will pull the same bush league move where Lesnar gets "injured" and sits out like 40-50 minutes of the Rumble, only to come back to win. There's no way this guy will last a whole hour actually wrestling considering he's part time. Roman Reigns winning seems like a lock since he's next in line to beat Bray Wyatt anyway. Honestly, I'd like it if an NXT superstar win like Keith Lee (but they haven't even announced any NXT guys for this match). I think from a storyline perspective, Seth Rollins winning again this year is the way to go. He's turned heel and is the Monday Night Messiah. So AOP and Buddy Murphy should help him win it.

The only thing I'm seriously interested in is whether or not Edge shows up as a surprise entrant. He's been denying it vehemently on Twitter but you know how that goes. While I'd like to see him return, I also don't because if his neck injuries are as serious as he said, why risk his life? You don't need to return to the ring *THAT* badly do you? But I guess I understand that they want to end their careers on their terms and not because of injury...

And it also wouldn't surprise me if Cena shows up for the Rumble as well. Someone on Reddit said he actually didn't wrestle for one whole calendar year. That's nuts.

Women's Royal Rumble: I think this is still happening? They sure haven't built much up for it. I'll say Charlotte wins and goes for yet another title at WrestleMania (unless Dakota Kai wins it)

Haha I wish Dakota Kai would win it. =P I think Charlotte will win eventually but not this year. Unless Ronda Rousey makes a surprise return, I think Shayna Baszler gets the nod here since she's about to move up to the main roster. What better way to do it than have her win and challenge Becky for the title at Mania?

Bayley vs. Evans: I can't believe I'm saying this when it involves Bayley, but yawn. They sure seem to be prepping Evans for a bigger match with Banks, so I'll say she wins here.

Lynch vs. Asuke: as much as I'd like to see Asuke win, ain't no chance. Lynch gets revenge and beats her, and Asuke can go back to being tag team champ. Then we can all wait until Rousey returns to fight Lynch at WM right?

I can't believe the crowd is actually behind Lacey Evans now. But you're right, I see Bayley losing it to Lacey. Besides, Lacey lost so many title matches against Becky last year that she needs this win. And like you said, they've been building up Sasha vs Lacey anyway.

As for Becky/Asuka, you're right. Unfortunately no chance in hell Asuka wins. This match is only set up to have Becky's "reign" come full circle. From losing to Asuka last year to winning the Rumble and becoming champion. It's only natural that she supposedly beats someone she hasn't beaten yet in a singles match. Then Becky can move on to Shayna or Ronda.

Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan: Wyatt should not lose the title yet. He's got to be at WrestleMania. Yet as Bryan has already lost cleanly to him, something has to change. I would say Bryan somehow cheekily wins, or Wyatt gets DQ'd, setting up a WrestleMania re-match with some sort of stipulation. But that's a long time to prolong this feud. So let's say Wyatt wins cleanly and will go on to face Reigns at WM.

I think because it's a Strap Match it's a way to have Daniel lose again. Like you said, he already lost cleanly to him so with this gimmicked match, you can say that The Fiend is just "too strong". Once again though, they're going to do the stupid red lighting aren't they? I hate that **** so much. But unless the fans crap all over the match because they can't see, I don't see it going away.

Sheamus vs. Gable: I have to imagine this gets relegated to the pre-show, otherwise is just filler between other matches. I guess Sheamus since he just returned.

Yep. Gable or "Shorty G" (still can't believe they ****ed his character) is here to job to Sheamus. I'm sure Gable will have one or two near falls to show that an underdog has a chance, but there is 0% chance Sheamus loses in his 1st match back.

Reigns vs. Corbin: double knockout to please just end this feud already.

The never ending feud... and I still don't see it ending. According to house show advertisements in February, they're still doing dog food gimmicked matches. *Sigh*

I only saw two things on Raw last night, Andrade/Mysterio ladder and Rusev. Only one is worth talking about. Frankly I wish the ladder match was at the royal rumble because it was pretty darn good. They could do amazing things with a bit more time.

So what am I missing - they can't have Rusev lose yet ANOTHER match to Lashley on the pre-show can they? (let's not talk about what they've done to liv morgan).

EDIT: They've added Carrilllo/Andrade title match to the rumble card.

Man, I just don't care about the Rusev, Lashley, Lana, and Morgan storyline. They did Liv dirty by throwing her in this feud as well. As for Carrillo and Andrade, meh. No opinion there since I don't watch RAW.

ucsdguy1
January 22nd, 2020, 09:30 AM
Great thoughts.

Can totally see Brock injured for 9/10 of the match and returning. Perhaps someone (Cain Velasquez or other) attacks him before he even gets to the ring. It would have to be a pretty brutal attack to keep Lesnar out though. l would love if Keith Lee won it but he's nowhere near a name they can yet have at WrestleMania, and he's set to go after the North American NXT title.

Rollins - I'm not sure. I was surprised they gave the tag titles to he and Murphy so quickly. The unbeatable Viking Raiders were pretty beatable huh? I really thought it should've been AOP that went after those tag titles, no? So with Rollins as tag champ I don't know if he needs to go after Wyatt just yet. But you never know..

Edge had some strong tweets yesterday not recognizing where any of his return information was coming from. You never know, but yeah I'm with you, don't risk your life.

While I'd like to see Baszler win it, and it does make sense, I'd also like her to beat down some other female wrestlers and build up her cache. The main roster crowd I don't believe still has enough knowledge of NXT to really recognize her. I guess however there is time to do that before WrestleMania, and frankly outside of Rousey there isn't really anyone big enough to face Lynch at this point other than Flair.

I don't think anyone cares about the Rusev storyline and I'm amazed it's gone on this long. I may have read yesterday that Rusev's contract is up pretty soon and this may be a swan song, which is sad. Although with Lana resigning for a number of years I can't imagine he'd want to be aware from her and go somewhere else.

ucsdguy1
January 26th, 2020, 08:39 PM
More thoughts later but thanks to wwe for making the first 30 minutes or so of the men’s rumble bo-ring and almost have me turn off the network. Hell they pretty much made Strowman and Keith lee look like utter idiots for deciding to fight each other when Lesnar is on the ground right there. Figured it would go another 5-10 guys or so but good on Drew.

EDIT: so looking back I guess they needed Lesnar to do what he did, and enrage the fans to go bananas when McIntyre eliminated him. Just bored me to that point. The rest of the men’s rumble match ended up being pretty darn good.

Dexter
January 27th, 2020, 09:16 AM
**** yeah! EDGE my boy. Naturally, we missed his first spear.

ucsdguy1
January 27th, 2020, 09:35 AM
Some thoughts:

- Men's Rumble: see most of my thoughts above. But Edge was great - the way he faced off with Styles, his getting over on Orton. Good job. If reports of him signing a 3 year deal are true, I really hope he stays healthy and safe. Felt a lot of guys got shortchanged: welcome back John Morrison, you're gone in seconds. Big E and Kofi, nice minute or two there. Oh and McIntyre got some massive crowd pops both when he entered, when he eliminated lesnar, and when he won.

- Women's Rumble: Great job building up Belair as she was ferocious. Rest was pretty entertaining for the most part. I thought for a second they might let Baszler take it (notice she eliminated like 10 people in a matter of minutes yet I was way more into it than lesnar's time.) But alas we are left with Flair in the title program again. So Lynch/Flair at WrestleMania. Santina Marella anyone? Buehler? Cross/Bliss hugging totally reminded me of Best Friends/Orange Cassidy, and that is a good thing. And Otis saving Mandy was pretty funny. If Tegan Nox and Dakota Kai were going to further their feud and were both in the rumble, why not have them go at each other? Maybe eliminate themselves while fighting? Good thing I didn't put money on Kai in vegas to win...

- Fiend/Bryan: this was pretty brutal, and a good time for me to take the kids up for their bedtime routine. Judging by the look of Bryan's back, I'd say he felt many of those shots. Good storytelling with Bryan continuing to fight before his body ultimately gave in. And Wyatt standing up after all the shots and laughing was pretty cool, very undertaker-esque. Otherwise this was basically a match with a lot of whipping. It wasn't time for the Fiend to lose. We're most likely getting McIntyre/Lesnar at WrestleMania, so who challenges Wyatt, Reigns? Who the hell else could possibly have the stones to defeat him? (please lord it felt for a second they were hinting as though they might continue Reigns' feud with Corbin)

- Lynch/Asuke: not a show stealer but a pretty good match. Seemed pretty fast when Lynch got kicked in the head and the ref was going to stop the fight before she grabbed his leg and begged not to. And naturally she would find a way to avoid the green mist (kicking it out of Asuke's mouth was a nice touch). Sucks for Asuke but we knew this was coming. She can go back to defending the tag titles now.
Reigns/Corbin: decent match using different parts of the stadium. Please just end this feud.

Bayley/Evans: decent match but nothing special. This has to be the end of Evans' run, at least at the title level. Word is Banks may be injured, otherwise I'd assume Evans goes back there. At least the announcers really played her up after the loss saying she'll definitely be a champion in the future. Perhaps Baszler can show up to wreck Bayley at WrestleMania, but seems like they'd prefer to bring her in as a heel.

Edit: now the rags saying Flair more likely to go after Bayley, to keep her away from Lynch. That may free up Baszler to take on Becky, but is that a big enough match for Flair? Still say the Queen chooses Lynch. I suppose the other option - Rousey is trolling fans who thought she may return on twitter. Is this another swerve a la Edge and she may in fact be returning? The problem with that is it diminishes the royal rumble win, but they've done that before (::cough asuke cough:: ) That said, if it does come down to Baszler, they really should've had her win the rumble. Instead she gets eliminated by Charlotte and the star power takes an immediate hit. Opportunity lost.

I didn't watch any of the pre-show matches. But aside from nitpicking, it was a pretty entertaining ppv.

TooCool
January 27th, 2020, 10:58 AM
Thanks for your thoughts! After the terrible news about Kobe I had to get my mind off of it and so I re-subbed to the Network just to watch the Rumble.

Overall, I felt like it was above average as a whole.

I'll admit, I didn't really care for Becky Lynch vs Asuka because it was obvious how it was going to go. I just kept the match on in the background and waited until it was over. The same went for Bayley vs Lacey Evans. Meh.

The Strap Match was fun because it was unique. I was super pleased to see that they didn't use the stupid red lights for this Fiend match. It would have been unwatchable if they did that. Daniel Bryan took a beating here but he also looked very strong in the match. And now Kane is his next opponent at the Saudi Arabia PPV. Thrilling.... lol

Women's Rumble: Is it just me or did this match drag? It felt like a lot of superstars that entered were forgettable. Lana and Liv's entries were pointless as they would rather feud with each other than earn a title shot at Mania. Then you got Dakota Kai, Tegan Nox, Candice LeRae, Chelsea Green, Toni Storm, Mia Yim, Xia Li, and Shotzi Blackheart doing NOTHING of note in the match. My girl Kairi Sane was made to look like a comic relief/idiot as well. She was on the top turnbuckle with Alexa Bliss and for whatever reason she just... fell off. Santina entering as a joke was okay by me but please... not at #29 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=29) . Save your joke spots for #15 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=15) and below.

The good stuff is that they really made Belair look strong like you mentioned. Baszler looked strong as well and I guess storyline wise, her "inexperience" in a Rumble match probably cost her. I would rather not have Charlotte win but it was either her or Baszler really. Beth Phoenix worked a hell of a match while bleeding profusely as well. It's like she had to stay out there until Santina came out.

Men's rumble: I absolutely HATED the first half of the Rumble. No matter how hard they try to make Lesnar look like a monster, I don't buy it. Not when this guy barely works part time. Michael Cole even tried to sell it by saying something like how he hates people say he doesn't defend his title, and that he's so dominant he doesn't have to. I get that they booked it this way to give him a record of eliminating 13 people in a row but also only good enough to tie Braun Strowman for record of eliminations. Kofi should have eliminated him... it would have made up for the fact that he was forced to job to Lesnar. But instead, Kofi, Big E, Elias, Erick Rowan, Cesaro, Shinsuke Nakamura, Robert Roode, John Morrison, Rey Mysterio, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, Keith Lee, and Braun Strowman were all booked like complete idiots out there.

I mean sure, Drew McIntyre got a hell of a pop (and well deserved one) for eliminating Brock with an assist from Ricochet. But I can't help but wonder that they could have done it differently.

Edge returning was great to see but I fear for his safety. I get that wrestlers want to retire on their own terms and not because injuries force them out. But if he seriously does get paralyzed in the future because of all his previous neck surgeries, then I think I'll say it now... he'll have no one to blame but himself. I still worry for every shot and every bump he took, just like how I still kind of worry for Daniel Bryan.

Speaking of Edge, it sucks that he injured AJ Styles on that spear too. I don't know what happened there, was AJ trying to make the spear look good? He over rotated and probably dislocated his shoulder or tore something. I could tell immediately that something was wrong when 2-3 refs checked on AJ and then everyone else was fighting in the opposite corners. When Corbin went over to attack AJ, you could see AJ tell him something and Corbin immediately backed off and went to fight someone else. Then Edge went to AJ and you could see AJ telling Edge that he's hurt and to eliminate him. So Edge did it and I think Karl Anderson wasn't aware because he looked at AJ going, "Uhhh wtf?" Then Luke Gallows came out later as well and you knew AJ got eliminated too early but it had to be done. Props on them for improvising though.

Roman definitely didn't need to win the Rumble so giving it to Drew was the right decision.

So yeah, like I mentioned above, it was above average overall. Got my mind off of Kobe for a bit.

ucsdguy1
January 27th, 2020, 01:42 PM
Man I was at AE Wright, a school in calabasas yesterday taking basketball pictures for my son. It's across the street from where the crash was. We suddenly saw like 75 police car and paramedic trucks zooming by with sirens. Quick check online and we heard there was a helicopter crash nearby. Did not find out it was Kobe until after I got home. Crazy.

Agree with you on the women's rumble. Outside of Belair, a lot of women (especially NXT women) who really did nothing of note. Are the iconics even still on the roster, and could they have been in the match?

I read Riddle and Lesnar had a bit of an exchange of words backstage. No idea if that's true or not, but Riddle ain't going to win executive favor on that one. Also, I think Riddle was eliminated in about 30 seconds. Coincidence?

TooCool
January 27th, 2020, 01:47 PM
Man I was at AE Wright, a school in calabasas yesterday taking basketball pictures for my son. It's across the street from where the crash was. We suddenly saw like 75 police car and paramedic trucks zooming by with sirens. Quick check online and we heard there was a helicopter crash nearby. Did not find out it was Kobe until after I got home. Crazy.

Agree with you on the women's rumble. Outside of Belair, a lot of women (especially NXT women) who really did nothing of note. Are the iconics even still on the roster, and could they have been in the match?

I read Riddle and Lesnar had a bit of an exchange of words backstage. No idea if that's true or not, but Riddle ain't going to win executive favor on that one. Also, I think Riddle was eliminated in about 30 seconds. Coincidence?

Oh man, I totally forgot about Billie Kay and Peyton Royce. I just remembered that they weren't being used at all because the genius writers have "nothing for them". But to go as far as to not even use them in the Rumble? That sucks.

I heard about the Riddle/Lesnar thing too. Something about Brock not being happy with Riddle for the things he's said online. I think Riddle said something about retiring Lesnar? But you're right, it's no coincidence that he didn't last 30 seconds... lol

ucsdguy1
January 28th, 2020, 09:49 AM
Rag sheets now speculating that Flair will show up on NXT and challenge Ripley for the NXT title at Wrestlemania. Will believe it when I see it but hey that's something different..

Dexter
February 4th, 2020, 07:42 AM
I watched Wrestling with my Family on Amazon Prime. Who knew the Rock was always Paige's spirit guide?

TooCool
February 4th, 2020, 10:55 AM
Rag sheets now speculating that Flair will show up on NXT and challenge Ripley for the NXT title at Wrestlemania. Will believe it when I see it but hey that's something different..

I read the RAW results and they had Rhea Ripley challenge Charlotte?? That's stupid.

The problem is that the fans in general see NXT as the "C" brand. Or in this case, 3rd brand. So why would the champion there come to RAW and challenge Charlotte? It should have been the other way around, to make the title seem even more prestigious because Charlotte wants it.

In other notes, who didn't see that Ruby Riott turning on Liv coming? What's next? Is Sarah Logan finally going to get to be on TV and address the situation in some way?

Ricochet gets a WWE Title match against Brock. Awesome for Ricochet on paper I guess. Though in reality he's just another superstar set up to get squashed by Lesnar.

Now Goldberg is going to be on Smackdown so he gets another Blood Money PPV match. "Exciting!" said no one ever.

ucsdguy1
February 4th, 2020, 02:14 PM
I read the RAW results and they had Rhea Ripley challenge Charlotte?? That's stupid.

The problem is that the fans in general see NXT as the "C" brand. Or in this case, 3rd brand. So why would the champion there come to RAW and challenge Charlotte? It should have been the other way around, to make the title seem even more prestigious because Charlotte wants it.

In other notes, who didn't see that Ruby Riott turning on Liv coming? What's next? Is Sarah Logan finally going to get to be on TV and address the situation in some way?

Ricochet gets a WWE Title match against Brock. Awesome for Ricochet on paper I guess. Though in reality he's just another superstar set up to get squashed by Lesnar.

Now Goldberg is going to be on Smackdown so he gets another Blood Money PPV match. "Exciting!" said no one ever.

While I thought it was cool Ripley came out and reminded Charlotte she's never beat her. But yeah I tend to agree it would've been cool for Charlotte to be the one to call her out. I think putting Rhea on Raw was a way to get her exposed to the broader audience who might not necessarily watch NXT?

I loved that Liv Morgan had all these promos about re-inventing herself, then her old stable-mate returns and she just smiles with glee....

They're stalling now just to get through the Saudi Arabia show (seriously didn't they just have one?). Goldberg returns, maybe he'll face Big E who can at least make some comedy out of it. Maybe they should go all in on Saudi Arabia and have a man vs. woman match? Have Baszler come out and announce she's going 1 on 1 with Goldberg in Riyadh because she's the only one with a set of balls? I kid I kid.

Dexter
February 6th, 2020, 12:36 PM
Wasn't there a Ronda Roussey in the WWE? What happened with that?

TooCool
February 6th, 2020, 09:43 PM
How much fish could Bobby Fish fry if Bobby could fry fish?

:lol:

ucsdguy1
February 7th, 2020, 09:38 AM
I love that Dunne is only about 28% in on the joke.

He's back ladies and gentlemen....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzHATnI58qE&feature=emb_logo

ucsdguy1
February 7th, 2020, 09:58 AM
Also anyone catch this from McMahon's investor call yesterday:

"We could exercise the selling of our rights to all the major [streaming services] to increase revenue. We have a lot of options. We could continue on as we are now, with an enhancement of a tier… we also have an option right now, there's no more better time to exercise the selling of our rights to all the majors who, quite frankly, all the majors are really clamoring for our content."

If they sold ppv's to other services they sure as hell better keep them on the wwe network, or I be canceling mighty quick. I have to imagine many would, and wwe must consider it would get more revenue from selling to services than attracting network customers. I also don't like the idea of tiers (because I'm sure my monthly fee would go up to 16.99 or something if I wanted to keep ppv's), but I suppose it's inevitable to drive revenue.

My fear - wwe ppv's will no longer be included on the wwe network, but you can get them all in full by subscribing to the NBC Peacock network, or espn+ or ______, but keeping your wwe network subscription still gives you access to our library!

ucsdguy1
February 7th, 2020, 05:00 PM
So it begins.....

Bryan Alvarez mentioned on Wrestling Observer Live an interesting text he got from someone within WWE about speculation that maybe the company could sell WrestleMania to FOX to air on its channel instead of the Network.

That's just what we need - even more commercials..

TooCool
February 7th, 2020, 05:13 PM
So it begins.....

That's just what we need - even more commercials..

Yikes! That would be a terrible idea for sure.... unless they'll allow people to watch on the WWE Network at the same time and it's commercial free. But I highly doubt they could do that.

ucsdguy1
February 10th, 2020, 10:05 PM
Baszler arrives as expected, but vampire Baszler?

Come on now

Dexter
February 11th, 2020, 08:51 AM

Come on now

My favorite comments on that was "Actual cannibal Shayna Labeouf" and "Becky Lynch the Vampire Slayer".

I just read that Matt Hardy defended Edge and there were Lita chants. Jesus people, that was so long ago.

TooCool
February 11th, 2020, 09:22 AM

Come on now

Vince be like "Okay, let's give her a Vampire gimmick!!"

Also I caught a small part of RAW where Sarah Logan was all like, "You don't know who I am? I'm Sarah Logan!!" and then she loses in 30 seconds, all while Rhea Ripley was focused on Charlotte at the stage. This is why you can't build stars WWE. I'm not saying Sarah should have won or anything like that... especially since the focus was on Rhea's Takeover match and her WM match with Charlotte. But if you do something like that to Sarah Logan, it makes the audience see her as useless. She couldn't even hit a few moves to showcase her stuff? That's the issue I have.

I'm looking forward to Otis and Mandy Rose's "date". It'll be a disaster I'm sure but hopefully it's funny. I know all of us are secretly rooting for Otis. When Mandy dumps Otis or uses him, she's going to get some really nice heel heat.

Dexter
February 15th, 2020, 12:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3mHTQPGFAo
It stings so much :cbgb:

ucsdguy1
February 16th, 2020, 05:28 PM
Match isn’t over yet but Keith Lee and Dominic Dijakovic are BOTH freaking awesome

Update: holy lord what a ppv

TooCool
February 17th, 2020, 02:44 AM
Match isn’t over yet but Keith Lee and Dominic Dijakovic are BOTH freaking awesome

Update: holy lord what a ppv

Just watching this now while my Network sub is still active (Until the 26th) and holy ****! Lee and Dijakovic like you said was so amazing. Easily match of the year material. Unreal.

ucsdguy1
February 27th, 2020, 01:39 PM
wow. just wow.

ucsdguy1
February 29th, 2020, 12:42 PM
So we’re getting Cena/Fiend and Reigns/Goldberg at WrestleMania. At least Cena had somewhat of a good promo but yaaaawwwwn.

I truly hope they let Matt Riddle show up and smash Goldberg.

ucsdguy1
March 3rd, 2020, 08:59 AM
So I saw the McIntrye/Lesnar segment in a highlight reel from last night. It was short, sweet and to the point, and did good for Drew.

Other highlights - So they're obviously building to Styles/Undertaker at WrestleMania. Did Aleister Black really have to take the loss to get there though?
And Ricochet loses again, to Riddick Moss???

Just break me. Please. Back to Revolution highlights...

TooCool
March 4th, 2020, 12:45 AM
So I saw the McIntrye/Lesnar segment in a highlight reel from last night. It was short, sweet and to the point, and did good for Drew.

Other highlights - So they're obviously building to Styles/Undertaker at WrestleMania. Did Aleister Black really have to take the loss to get there though?
And Ricochet loses again, to Riddick Moss???

Just break me. Please. Back to Revolution highlights...

Saw the McIntyre/Lesnar segment too. Great that they put Drew over like that. But also bad in a sense because now 3 Claymore kicks aren't going to put Lesnar down. The right move obviously is to still put the title on Drew, but it might come off as something silly when it's going to feature 4-6 Claymore kicks, 20+ suplexes, and maybe 1 F5.

Ricochet being buried against Riddick Moss is a huuuuuge slap in the face. No idea what Vince was thinking. You have Ricochet in a WWE Title match at Super Showdown only to look dumb because he was going to lose in a minute. And yeah, now this. What a shame.

Then on Smackdown it's Reigns/Goldberg. Boring. And Cena/Wyatt.. meh.

Hell, the Elimination Chamber PPV is this Sunday too right? Talk about a pointless PPV.

CIrvine
March 4th, 2020, 08:49 AM
Has anybody watch the show, "Dark Side of the Ring" on Vice channel? I just found out about it yesterday.

ucsdguy1
March 4th, 2020, 09:21 AM
Saw the McIntyre/Lesnar segment too. Great that they put Drew over like that. But also bad in a sense because now 3 Claymore kicks aren't going to put Lesnar down. The right move obviously is to still put the title on Drew, but it might come off as something silly when it's going to feature 4-6 Claymore kicks, 20+ suplexes, and maybe 1 F5.

Well they could go all braun strowman and just have Lesnar get up from a Claymore, give drew 1 F-5 and pin him for the win. ha

Oh yeah Elimination Chamber - very pointless.

Elimination Chamber match to determine No. 1 contender to Becky Lynch's Raw women's championship: Asuka vs. Liv Morgan vs. Natalya vs. Ruby Riott vs. Sarah Logan vs. Shayna Baszler (yawwwwn, Baszler)
Elimination Chamber match for the SmackDown tag team championships: The Miz & John Morrison (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode vs. Heavy Machinery vs. Lucha House Party vs. The New Day vs. The Usos (yawwwn either Miz/Morrison or New Day or Usos again)
Raw tag team championships: The Street Profits (c) vs. Seth Rollins & Murphy (Yawwwn wait for Owens to get involved once more)
3-on-1 handicap match for the Intercontinental championship: Braun Strowman (c) vs. Cesaro, Sami Zayn & Shinsuke Nakamura (Yawwwn Strowman or interference loss setting up rematch at WM)
United States championship: Andrade (c) vs. Humberto Carrillo (for the seemingly 14th time)
No disqualification: AJ Styles vs. Aleister Black (potential but will only serve for an Undertaker comeback)

LetTigerIn
March 4th, 2020, 11:09 AM
Has anybody watch the show, "Dark Side of the Ring" on Vice channel? I just found out about it yesterday.

New season just started?

CIrvine
March 5th, 2020, 08:47 AM
New season just started?

It's about to start with a story about Chris Benoit.

LetTigerIn
March 5th, 2020, 11:40 AM
It's about to start with a story about Chris Benoit.

That's a rough one.

ucsdguy1
March 16th, 2020, 04:58 PM
While not high on the list of priorities in the world, WWE is moving WrestleMania to the Performance Center, which only essential personnel to be in the building. I mean they might as well cancel it in my opinion.

But on a humorous note, I did get a text from a friend that read "No one to boo Goldberb v Reigns from bell to bell? GENIUS!"

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Dexter
March 17th, 2020, 07:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEri4hcKM_E

Just proves Stone Cold is a master of the mic.

ucsdguy1
March 22nd, 2020, 09:38 AM
Man maybe it's just me but that whole thing with Gronkowski on Smackdown was cringeworthy. I think they either had flat ratings or got a boost with him so I'm sure Vince will put him at the forefront, but sheesh.

I know we're in a different state of mind but crowd or no crowd I'm just not that excited about Wrestlemania in general.

TooCool
March 26th, 2020, 08:15 PM
Wow! So they taped WM yesterday and today and the dirt sheets said Roman Reigns decided not to participate because he's immunocompromised from his battle with leukemia and didn’t want to risk his health. Good on him for taking precautions.

ucsdguy1
April 4th, 2020, 05:10 PM
And just like that they’ve ruined Shayna Baszler!

ucsdguy1
April 5th, 2020, 04:43 PM
Bah gawd just like that they ruined Ripley too??

ucsdguy1
April 5th, 2020, 08:34 PM
I have so many thoughts after watching all of wrestlemania this weekend. Quick takeaways from tonight in addition to the above:

- Really is a shame there were no fans there for this. I think a hot live crowd would've absolutely eaten up the Otis/Mandy finish, as well as Drew winning the title.

- I still don't like the Ripley and Baszler finishes. They spent a lot of time in NXT building up Ripley as a bada**, and she finally is the one who dethrones Baszler (who is also diminished by the loss to Lynch). And then yeah lose to Flair. I'm sure they want Flair on NXT for the name power and hopefully ratings, but again it's at the detriment of storytelling with other performers.

- Very happy for McIntyre. The match was a bit too short for me. Could've had some back and forth before they jumped in to the multiple finishers to build the drama. But hey good on you scottish man. So wish he had fans to celebrate with.

- Cena/Wyatt: what the **** did I just watch. The fiend made some good points and proudly destroyed the myth of john cena (he really is a bully!). This was just so so out there. Between this and the Undertaker match should everyone be singing the praises of matt hardy? :)

There were some very decent matches over the two days. Just too much to think about.

TooCool
April 15th, 2020, 11:25 AM
Sorry ucsd, I didn't bother with WM. Saw some clips on Reddit and all I can say is I was not a fan of the Boneyard and Firefly Funhouse "match". Also sad to see that both main titles were as dumb as advertised (by dumb, I mean like 2-3 minutes long at best). That's not how world title matches should be done.

And now Vince has let a bunch of people go, maybe more to come.

WWE has come to terms on the release of Drake Maverick (James Curtin), Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers), Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra), Luke Gallows (Drew Hankinson), Heath Slater (Heath Miller), Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz), EC3 (Michael Hutter) and Lio Rush (Lionel Green). We wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

These are the following producers that got let go as well... Dave "Fit" Finlay, Mike "IRS" Rotunda, Shane "Hurricane" Helms, Lance Storm, Billy Kidman, Pat Buck, Shawn Daivari, Scott Armstrong, and Sarah Stock.

Obviously I would love to see some of those wrestlers in AEW but even now is obviously not the time for Tony Khan to take on any more contracts when no one is making money.

TooCool
April 15th, 2020, 12:35 PM
More names on the list... :(

Kurt Angle, Zack Ryder, Rowan, Sarah Logan, Mike Kanellis, Maria Kanellis, Aiden English, Primo, Epico, No Way Jose, and even the ref Mike Chioda

ucsdguy1
April 15th, 2020, 02:01 PM
Rusev was released on rusev day!!

miro
@rusevbul
thank you all, rusev out!

TooCool
April 15th, 2020, 04:35 PM
Rusev was released on rusev day!!

Damn, releasing someone on Rusev Day isn't cool.

In all seriousness though, Rusev wanted out anyway right? I think Lana signed a 3 or 5 year extension a few months back but Rusev wouldn't sign one. Think he wanted to leave like Dash and Dawson did. But he did a lot for the freaking company...

Like allowing Lashley to make out with his wife and even paid $25k out of his own pockets for the production crew.

ucsdguy1
May 11th, 2020, 11:04 AM
Asuke's MITB win would be so much better if she had never lost to Lynch..

5/1 odds on whether (a) Otis gives his briefcase to Mandy and let's her cash it in, because it's wwe and stranger things have been allowed, or (b) Otis cashes in but Tucker screws him.

I watched the whole MITB men/women's match and thought it was an epic waste of time. I think I'm getting older and cranky since the reviews I've seen online have been pretty positive. Even though they're going Hollywood-ish with the theatrics, it seemed more like a 30 minute three stooges episode. I enjoyed that AEW match all over the Jacksonville stadium last week much more.

And it's really too bad McIntyre is doing all this without a crowd to cheer him on.

TooCool
May 11th, 2020, 10:30 PM
Damn... it's been like 2 months of empty arena shows huh? Time moves kinda fast.

Been watching a few clips here and there on Reddit. This random basketball game between the Viking Raiders and Street Profits was both stupid and funny. https://streamable.com/ndxqpi

ucsdguy1
May 12th, 2020, 11:03 AM
Asuke's MITB win would be so much better if she had never lost to Lynch..

Well that escalated quickly.

ucsdguy1
May 13th, 2020, 09:18 PM
oh steve

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/97068475_167699251325809_5121826325287403520_n.png ?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=bP95g3pejOwAX9vLRfc&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=7bb0a682b08a09704b347c2215725ff1&oe=5EE20E77

TooCool
June 14th, 2020, 08:54 PM
At tonight's Backlash PPV they used Fink's voice to announce Edge and Orton. I'll have to admit, that's kind of cool.

https://streamable.com/6cd13u

Though on a side note, the dirt sheets are saying Edge tore his tricep taping the match. That sucks. But thankfully it's not his neck.

ucsdguy1
June 15th, 2020, 04:12 PM
At tonight's Backlash PPV they used Fink's voice to announce Edge and Orton. I'll have to admit, that's kind of cool.

https://streamable.com/6cd13u

Though on a side note, the dirt sheets are saying Edge tore his tricep taping the match. That sucks. But thankfully it's not his neck.

I actually watched the match. I laughed that the ref had the old school blue shirt with tuxedo bowtie too. For guys their age they put on a pretty good match. Nowhere near the "best match over" which was a dumb tagline to begin with. But man it was definitely on the better side of what I've seen lately. Lots of mat wrestling and lots of power strikes as it went on. I know wwe had some people in the crowd but it sure sounded like they were piping in fake crowd noise, at least on my tv.

I heard the same about Edge's injury which would is a big bummer if true.

ucsdguy1
July 20th, 2020, 11:26 AM
Sorry TooCool

An update on Kairi Sane’s WWE status (SPOILER)
By Sean Rueter@s1rude Jul 20, 2020, 1:35pm EDT

A couple weeks ago, reports came out that Kairi Sane - winner of the first Mae Young Classic, and a former NXT Women’s & WWE Women’s Tag Team champion - would be leaving the company to return to Japan.

WWE allegedly had plans to write her off at the end of her contract, and a big match with her tag partner Asuka that could be a fitting send-off for the Pirate Princess has been teased. But there were also rumors that negotiations were ongoing, so fans were holding out hope that Sane’s time in the States wasn’t ending four years after it began.

PWInsider has bad news for anyone who was hoping to see much more of Kairi in WWE, however. Today (July 20) is Sane’s final date with the company, which means the two episodes of Raw (tonight’s and next Monday’s) being taped at the Performance Center are the last we’ll see of her for a while.

Kairi is said to be leaving on good terms and “will remain part of WWE’s extended family.” There was supposedly talk she could serve as an ambassador for the company in Japan, but if that’s the plan, we’ll likely have to wait until after a COVID vaccine is available to find out.

For now, the joshi legend will settle into life as a newlywed in her home country.

We wish her the best, and look forward to seeing what she does next. And how WWE explains her departure over the next two Mondays.

ucsdguy1
August 4th, 2020, 10:57 AM
Raw Underground

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3otPotnGlA5FSF2fKw/giphy.gif

ucsdguy1
August 17th, 2020, 12:34 PM
You know at first I was like Asuke is already wrestling Banks at Summerslam, why did she have to win the battle royal and also wrestle Bayley. (Still unclear if it becomes a triple threat or two separate matches, but assuming two). Then I'm thinking this could be a way to start the breakup of Bayley/Sasha. Imagine Asuke wrestles Bayley and Sasha gets involved to help Bayley win. Then imagine Sasha is on the ropes but Bayley offers no assistance. The rift may start. Of course this could be done in Bayley's match with someone outside of Asuke too. And if Asuke loses both matches I may lose it.

The Fiend/Strowman/Bliss storyline has been interesting, with the Fiend technically having "changed" Braun. Does Bliss also change and become a pawn for the Fiend? Potentially then go all out on Cross who tried apologizing? Is it all a ruse?

There is potential in those storylines if they don't screw it up. Then I read things like this and facepalm:

"WhatCulture Wrestling is reporting Summerslam plans are showing a slew of false finishes in order to make Payback (literally a week later) more appealing."

I have no idea what WhatCulture Wrestling is or if that's legit, but do they need a ppv a week later?

ucsdguy1
August 31st, 2020, 12:02 PM
Anyone here? Bueller?

I watched Payback which ended up being kind of a fun ppv.

A few thoughts:

1. My 5 year old was crushed Sasha Banks lost another title. I ordered him one of her shirts for his birthday in three weeks and hope he'll still wear it. They're inching closer to the bayley/banks breakup finally, unless they stall even more. The matchup of Nia Jax and Baszler while deadly was kind of thrown together out of nowhere. Would've loved if a true tag team beat them (e.g. iconis, or riott squad) and let Baszler/Jax just fight each other, but damn Baszler putting the double submission move on Bayley and Banks at the same time was awesome!

2. Heel Roman Reigns is kind of fun, but I'm sketchy on Paul Heyman. Has he basically just become another Brock Lesnar? While I also dislike having the Fiend lose the title AGAIN, having Reigns wait out and sign the contract after Wyatt and Strowman beat the hell out of each other to win the title was so smooth. But come on, the Fiend is this out of this world mega-entity and he is taken out of the match by one kick to the groin? I am also intrigued by Bliss going full Harley Quinn, wherever that may lead.

3. Orton in the middle of a program with McIntyre, but did Keith Lee just beat him cleanly? Cleanly???? Bask in his glory....

4. Seamus/Big E: geezus they beat the heck out of each other and you could feel each shot through the tv.

ucsdguy1
November 2nd, 2020, 09:58 AM
So if anything, I watched the Bayley/Sasha Hell in the Cell and Shirai/LeRae tables match and both were really good. I'm surprised Bayley lost already, and I'm surprised Lerae can still walk.

ucsdguy1
March 16th, 2021, 08:32 AM
as if we need more proof the man is a national treasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjkm2dvapiw

ucsdguy1
April 8th, 2021, 08:59 AM
Um wow that Walter/Ciampa match last night was fan-freakin-tastic, in a this must brutally hurt kind of way.

Dexter
May 11th, 2021, 03:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppyyuZrN9Ug

I forgot all about the boxing tournament, but can't ever forget the Butterbean knockout on Gunn. Sucks they punished him for winning. Everything you ever hear about JBL is how much of an ******* he is.

TooCool
May 12th, 2021, 09:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppyyuZrN9Ug

I forgot all about the boxing tournament, but can't ever forget the Butterbean knockout on Gunn. Sucks they punished him for winning. Everything you ever hear about JBL is how much of an ******* he is.

I remember I hated the Brawl For All thing so much. If I wanted to watch boxing, I'd watch boxing. I didn't like boxing (still don't), and I certainly didn't want to see wrestlers trying to box. :lol:

TooCool
June 2nd, 2021, 08:40 AM
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1400112103256735744

Fightful has learned the following WWE wrestlers have been released.

- Braun Strowman
- Aleister Black
- Ruby Riott
- Lana
- Santana Garrett
- Buddy Murphy

Very shocked by Braun being on that list. Hopefully Aleister Black and Buddy Murphy can go to AEW. Ruby Riott would be great for the women's division there too.

As for Lana... she can go to AEW but she doesn't need to be Miro's manager.

ucsdguy1
June 2nd, 2021, 01:15 PM
wow I don't think anyone expected Braun to be on that list. They obviously had no idea what to do with him. Or Black for that matter. Or Riott for that matter.

Dexter
June 3rd, 2021, 03:23 PM
Vinny daddy finally selling the farm and retiring?

TooCool
June 4th, 2021, 07:37 PM
Andrade "El Idolo" is All Elite!

CIrvine
June 7th, 2021, 12:01 PM
Andrade "El Idolo" is All Elite!

La Sombra!

TooCool
July 7th, 2021, 06:23 PM
Tommy End is All Elite!!

Looks like he's going by Malakai Black.

CIrvine