PDA

View Full Version : The Avengers/Marvel movies

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

adgy-san
May 8th, 2012, 10:23 AM
BoobyTrap and I went and saw it last night. I thought it was a lot of fun.

The appearance of Thanos after the credits had been pretty much spoiled for me before I saw it, but I still got a tremendous geek boner over it. Holy ****, that was, literally, a dream come true for me.

I'll go into more detail on my thoughts later.

Feel free to post your own.

JWR
May 8th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I for one was expecting an appearance of Thanos ever since the showed the Infinity Gauntlet inside Odin's treasure room during Thor.

jerseydevil
May 8th, 2012, 11:05 AM
It is seriously the ONLY reason I want to go see this movie.

notbob
May 8th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I dont know much of the backstory on the Avengers so i cant really comment on how the movie handle those aspects, but i doo love super hero movies. That being said i'm with the majority in that i thought it was just a solid popcorn flick. The Hulk+Loki scene was great. Seeing Thanos definitely makes me want to see the next installment

Dr. Naysay
May 8th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Take out the laughs and this movie was boring. Boring boring boring boring so god awfully boring.

The scenes with the Chitauri (wtf?) in "space" were like... Star Trek TV bad.
The exposition was delivered sooooooo clunkily and just awkwardly AND made no sense.
People said Mark Ruffalo almost stole the movie.... eh??? He did??? More boring.
I like Jeremy Renner but Hawkeye was boring.
Nick Fury was boring.

Boring!!!!!

Yes I laughed and yes I loved every scene with Iron Man and yes Joss Wheedon clearly knows how to balance many characters and blah blah blah blah BORING!

I guess my biggest complaint is that it was too safe. And I don't blame them for that. They had to appeal to non-comic book fans as well as comic book fans so what you got was a by the numbers cliche superhero team up formula story.

They even had the villain manipulate the heroes into fighting each other.

Boring.

Boring.

GOD DAMN so boring.

Unless you like 2 hours full of 'splosions and pointless hordes of non-specified drones getting murderized by the thousands over and over and over and over again.

The only point of the movie where I was actually curious what might happen next was when Coulson got popped through the chest and I thought he might actually survive.

God damn so boring.

Even Thanos was boring.

I'd like to think that this is just my taste in movies somehow becoming more "refined" but the reality is I still love the first Iron Man movie. The Avengers just wasn't as good.

Unless you like too many 'splosions, a few good laughs and lots of tentpole "nerdgasm" moments.

"OMG THOR, CAP & SHELL HEAD R FIGHTING ON THE BIG SCREEN I WAITED MY WHOLE LIFE TO SEE IT!!!!"

Shut up.

BigBrown
May 8th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Who is Thanos and why is everyone so pumped about seeing him? I saw the scene but since I'm not a comic book guy it didn't mean anything to me.

Dr. Naysay
May 8th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Who is Thanos and why is everyone so pumped about seeing him? I saw the scene but since I'm not a comic book guy it didn't mean anything to me.

20 years ago there was a miniseries where he murdered half the population of the Universe, became completely omnipotent, decimated the entire superhero community in a gory, brutal fight in space and then became the living embodiment of all reality.

Then he subconsciously decided he didn't deserve it, lost it all in a silly oversight and someone stepped in and made it so that none of it ever happened.

The End.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/af/Infinity_Gauntlet_1.jpg/250px-Infinity_Gauntlet_1.jpg

ucsdguy1
May 8th, 2012, 11:44 AM
who wants shawarma?

jerseydevil
May 8th, 2012, 12:50 PM
So I guess I wasn't 'so wrong' after all Doc. You make a good point about basically how a huge investment like this HAS to play it safe. Let's face it, despite Dark Knight(the exception), adult superhero films DO NOT appeal to the crossover(read female) audience...(see Watchmen/Kick-Ass). Yeah, this movie has all the edges sanded off although I am surprised at the Coulson development. Sacrificed to give it some weight, albeit wafer-thin. It is what it is, a Michael Bay movie with more marketable/merchandisable properties. And yeah, I find myself at the same crossroads that you hint at, that maybe good enough just ain't anymore. Funny that you throw boring out so much...it just does not look 'FUN'. Haven't seen it...may not, either way I cannot help feeling that it will not make much of a mark either way. All that money/time/hype and it is almost instantly forgettable. Make Mine Marvel...unless you have ANYTHING better.

Dr. Naysay
May 8th, 2012, 12:59 PM
So I guess I wasn't 'so wrong' after all Doc. You make a good point about basically how a huge investment like this HAS to play it safe. Let's face it, despite Dark Knight(the exception), adult superhero films DO NOT appeal to the crossover(read female) audience...(see Watchmen/Kick-Ass). Yeah, this movie has all the edges sanded off although I am surprised at the Coulson development. Sacrificed to give it some weight, albeit wafer-thin. It is what it is, a Michael Bay movie with more marketable/merchandisable properties. And yeah, I find myself at the same crossroads that you hint at, that maybe good enough just ain't anymore. Funny that you throw boring out so much...it just does not look 'FUN'. Haven't seen it...may not, either way I cannot help feeling that it will not make much of a mark either way. All that money/time/hype and it is almost instantly forgettable. Make Mine Marvel...unless you have ANYTHING better.

I want to be fair... there were a lot of laughs. But for a movie that's 142 minutes long... not enough.

adgy-san
May 8th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Take out the laughs and this movie was boring. Boring boring boring boring so god awfully boring.

The scenes with the Chitauri (wtf?) in "space" were like... Star Trek TV bad.
The exposition was delivered sooooooo clunkily and just awkwardly AND made no sense.
People said Mark Ruffalo almost stole the movie.... eh??? He did??? More boring.
I like Jeremy Renner but Hawkeye was boring.
Nick Fury was boring.

Boring!!!!!

Yes I laughed and yes I loved every scene with Iron Man and yes Joss Wheedon clearly knows how to balance many characters and blah blah blah blah BORING!

I guess my biggest complaint is that it was too safe. And I don't blame them for that. They had to appeal to non-comic book fans as well as comic book fans so what you got was a by the numbers cliche superhero team up formula story.

They even had the villain manipulate the heroes into fighting each other.

Boring.

Boring.

GOD DAMN so boring.

Unless you like 2 hours full of 'splosions and pointless hordes of non-specified drones getting murderized by the thousands over and over and over and over again.

The only point of the movie where I was actually curious what might happen next was when Coulson got popped through the chest and I thought he might actually survive.

God damn so boring.

Even Thanos was boring.

I'd like to think that this is just my taste in movies somehow becoming more "refined" but the reality is I still love the first Iron Man movie. The Avengers just wasn't as good.

Unless you like too many 'splosions, a few good laughs and lots of tentpole "nerdgasm" moments.

"OMG THOR, CAP & SHELL HEAD R FIGHTING ON THE BIG SCREEN I WAITED MY WHOLE LIFE TO SEE IT!!!!"

Shut up.

I don't think there's much room for debate about it being pretty paint-by-numbers as far as the story goes, but boring is not a word I'd have thought applied. Even just on a special effects/visuals alone? No, I don't want to start that debate again. I don't have a problem with the clunky exposition, especially considering that they're trying to let even the non-comic geeks enjoy the film and have half a clue about what's happening. I mean, they did pretty much just skip over finding Captain America in the ice and, really, didn't bother with origin stories for anyone, so that was cool, but people are still going to need some frame of reference. I can't fault them for that. And, really, with the laughs mixed in, it made the entire thing a lot easier.

The movie was damn funny. Tom Hiddleston was magic onscreen, again. I thought he was the best thing about Thor and thought he was fantastic again here. He was so much fun to watch.

I dunno. For me it was like an entertaining summer blockbuster, but with lots of funny bits and an elevated geek factor.

Other thoughts:

-There was barely any of Scarlett's cleavage in this movie, but her ass was a lot bigger than I remembered it being.
-Pretty sure this movie did NOT pass the Bechdel Test (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/TheBechdelTest?from=Main.TheBechdelTest), even though I read a lot of people were expecting it to.
-Powers Boothe!
-THANOS.
-A portion of the fight scene between Thor and Loki on Stark Tower was quite possibly the single worst shot fight scene I've ever seen. There was a good chunk of time (probably between 30-45 seconds) of fight where it was all close-ups and really quick cuts. I seriously could not tell what the **** was happening. I only knew it was still a fight because of the sounds of grunting and punching. Lazy, sloppy filmmaking right there.
-Hulk vs Loki was my favorite part. Other than Thanos.
-Captain America's costume sucks, but Chris Evans looks perfect when he doesn't have the mask on.
-Why does Thor never wear his helmet, other than the very beginning of his movie? Loki wears his a lot...
-Bad science. When RDJ and Ruffalo were talking science, BoobyTrap was laughing and even I could tell what they were saying wasn't exactly true a couple times. I forget what exactly they were talking about...
-****ING. THANOS.

20 years ago there was a miniseries where he murdered half the population of the Universe, became completely omnipotent, decimated the entire superhero community in a gory, brutal fight in space and then became the living embodiment of all reality.

Then he subconsciously decided he didn't deserve it, lost it all in a silly oversight and someone stepped in and made it so that none of it ever happened.

The End.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/af/Infinity_Gauntlet_1.jpg/250px-Infinity_Gauntlet_1.jpg

Over-simplified, but... basically. Thanos actually first came to fame/infamy/omnipotence after coming into possession of a certain Cosmic Cube...

http://magneticfiles.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/011.jpg?w=600
THANOS & THE COSMIC CUBE ? MAGNETIC FILES (http://magneticfiles.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/thanos-the-cosmic-cube/)

Speaking for myself, he's been my favorite villain ever since Infinity Gauntlet originally came out, so I will continue to nerd the **** out just thinking about it.

Think he'll show up in Thor 2? Or are they going to wait until Guardians Of The Galaxy? Why are they doing GotG instead of something like Silver Surfer again? Will Thanos be going after the cube or the Infinity Gauntlet whenever he shows up next? They're in the same place, apparently...

Dr. Naysay
May 8th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Ugh. Who cares. Turn 14 already.

BigBrown
May 8th, 2012, 01:18 PM
It's a long movie and at times it drags a little bit, but not much. I thought they did a good enough job to keep things interesting by either having a funny exchange between two characters or by simply having an action sequence when things got a bit slow. I thought the action was good fun too (unlike the Transformers movies), even though I would have liked the invading army to be at least moderately threatening in order to make it more than just "fun".

Dr. Naysay
May 8th, 2012, 01:23 PM
It's a long movie and at times it drags a little bit, but not much. I thought they did a good enough job to keep things interesting by either having a funny exchange between two characters or by simply having an action sequence when things got a bit slow. I thought the action was good fun too (unlike the Transformers movies), even though I would have liked the invading army to be at least moderately threatening in order to make it more than just "fun".

At one point Captain America gets shot flush in the gut by some alien/robot thing and is almost sorely winded.

Get the **** out of here with that bull****.

But I'm glad I thought about that......

what WERE those things? At first I thought they were aliens... but when the big ship gets blowed up (completely improbably) every single alien warrior/flying snake falls to the ground "dead".

So.... robots? Remotely controlled?

I guess it doesn't matter.

adgy-san
May 8th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Ugh. Who cares. Turn 14 already.

Ok, Green Lantern.

Dr. Naysay
May 8th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Ok, Green Lantern.

Hey that movie sucked and you didn't hear me saying "squeee" just because ch'p was on screen for half a second.

adgy-san
May 8th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Hey that movie sucked and you didn't hear me saying "squeee" just because ch'p was on screen for half a second.

Thanos > Ch'p.

notbob
May 8th, 2012, 02:22 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/3982713_700b.jpg

ucsdguy1
May 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM
good lord

JWR
May 8th, 2012, 03:47 PM

The End.

Well that was only one of the Stories involving Thanos. I best remember the battles with Adam Warlock & the original Captain Mar-vel (not to be confused with the DC character) These were topped by the graphic novel "The Death of Captain Marvel" written and drawn by Jim Starlin.

adgy-san
May 8th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Well that was only one of the Stories involving Thanos. I best remember the battles with Adam Warlock & the original Captain Mar-vel (not to be confused with the DC character) These were topped by the graphic novel "The Death of Captain Marvel" written and drawn by Jim Starlin.

AND whenever they do get around to making a movie with Thanos in it maybe they'll actually collect and reprint all the Captain Marvel and Silver Surfer stuff Thanos appeared in and I can finally re-read them all without having to dig through mountains of comic boxes! Yay!

jerseydevil
May 8th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Disney Confirms THE AVENGERS 2 (http://collider.com/the-avengers-2-sequel-confirmed/164905/)

Anyone who sat through the film’s credits should have a good idea of where The Avengers 2 could go villain-wise, but I think the key to a follow-up will be the return of Joss Whedon as writer/director. He is the reason The Avengers is a good film as opposed to simply an expensive film, and his recipe of humor, character development, and pure entertainment made for one of the most enjoyable moviegoing experiences in a long time.

jerseydevil
May 8th, 2012, 06:29 PM
THE AVENGERS Ending Explained (http://collider.com/avengers-ending-explained/164058/)

More Thanos-centric info. And yeah Doc...even I gotta 'squeee' a little bit at the thought of a well done Thanos. Next to Doc Doom he is my all time fave villain. Granted, they will dumb it down and cgi it up so the chances of me being anything other than disappointed are next to nil, but a man can dream.

ucsdguy1
May 10th, 2012, 09:30 AM
'The Avengers' would cost New York $160B in damages in real life (http://www.bgr.com/2012/05/10/avengers-movie-real-life-damages/)

adgy-san
May 10th, 2012, 10:24 AM
'The Avengers' would cost New York $160B in damages in real life (http://www.bgr.com/2012/05/10/avengers-movie-real-life-damages/)

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/Damage%20Control%201.jpg

adgy-san
May 10th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joss Whedon Interview on the Avengers - GQ May 2012: Movies + TV: GQ (http://www.gq.com/entertainment/movies-and-tv/201205/joss-whedon-interview-avengers-buffy-firefly-dr-horrible-sing-along-blog)

Good read.

adgy-san
May 10th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Adoptees Call For A Boycott Of The Avengers | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/09/adoptees-call-for-boycott-of-avengers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool +Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29&utm_content=Google+Reader)

Oh, c'mon! That was one of the best lines in the movie.

adgy-san
May 10th, 2012, 03:31 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3mt9wpVJ61qfxwtoo1_500.jpg

D'awwwww.

jerseydevil
May 11th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Editorial: Marvel Needs to Re-Hire Joss Whedon for THE AVENGERS 2 Sequel (http://collider.com/the-avengers-2-sequel-joss-whedon/165606/)

BigBrown
May 11th, 2012, 10:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zAH-Tu0UyjQ

jerseydevil
May 12th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Ok...so I saw Avengers today. First off the 3d was unecessary and really only there to inflate ticket prices. Funny, the theater we went to had the 2d in a smaller theater and it was sold out. A 3-d showing an hour later was almost empty. We just said **** it and sacrificed the extra $3.50 per...but it rankles.

I need to say this regarding Thanos...SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! !!!! Sorry Doc, I may be acting childish, but in that little 4 second clip they got it SO RIGHT. Nerdgazm seriously. Ok so some of the complaints I read...Doc, your complaint about the scenes in 'the cosmos' looking, was it 'star trek generation' bad...valid, but it soooooooo looked like the Starlin work. I wish they had shown Thanos sitting in a chair made of rock...seriously, I cannot wait to see that come to fruition. Ok, other stuff...I had thought till now that Whedon was basically wasted on what should have been a cut & paste type of movie. I was wrong. This truly felt like a cohesive story deftly managed. It wasn't a bunch of set-pieces strung together. It was a quality effort. Tom Hiddleston was the glue that held the movie together. With his wicked little smile he personified Loki's mischievous nature. Nailed it. It was a tad long and it had some problems before you think I loved this movie. First off...when did Tony Stark become Peter Parker with all the quips and snottiness. Didn't like it. He has slid into parody at this point, 'oh I'm a rich bad boy...'. Tiresome. TOO MUCH Black Widow. And...nice Russian by way of California attempt at some hint of an accent. Not a ScarJo fan looks or acting wise, so too much Black Widow. TOO MUCH Nick Fury. When he did his 'we all have to come together' speech I almost expected a few sharks to Deep Blue Sea him out of the picture. Agent Coulson's apparent demise...BOO. I realize the need to make it seem like actual danger was involved but it seemed cruel. Jeremy Renner, although not given a lot to do, was stiff and 'superheroey' in his movements. And with no costume he's no superhero, sorry. Cap'n was a stiff and that costume looks store bought. Biggest thing, the entire end set-piece was created on a friggin computer. So tired of seeing technically sterile cgi take the place of creative ART. And all the 'threats' look the same. I could take a screen cap from Transformers/Battleship/This and without the clear markers you would be hard pressed to match em up. Oh, and The Hulk. Ruffalo was ok. A little too world weary, but servicable. The Hulk was a hoot though. Just raw power. Like a little kid aimlessly gnawing at whatever he caught out the corner of his eye. And when Loki had his soliloquy interrupted...priceless. It was neither as bad as I thought or as good as it should have been. But it was a solid effort. I may have been at least a little dismissive.

jerseydevil
May 12th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Ok...the guy wrangling Loki/talking to Thanos in the post-script...sure looked like a Skrull. Anyone else have an idea on that? Goddamned I wish the video of the post credits sequence would be posted already...best part of the movie and definitely worth the price of admission.

jerseydevil
May 13th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Was having a hard time explaining to Kq how 'Thanos was in love with death' this article helps some...

THE AVENGERS Ending Thanos Explained [SPOILERS] (http://collider.com/the-avengers-ending-thanos-explained/165646/)

He is obsessed with Death. So when the Chitauri leader says that to fight The Avengers would be “courting death itself,” it gives Thanos a smiley face.

Comics being comics, death isn’t only a concept; it’s a literal being. From the Marvel Wiki:

Growing in power and infamy as he traveled the universe, Thanos once met Death itself, as it appeared to him embodied in a female form. Thanos was infatuated with the being, and endeavored to make himself worthy in order to earn her love in return. With an army under his command, he nearly destroyed his former home of Titan, declaring himself its ruler. He then sought out the powerful Cosmic Cube [known as the "Tesseract" in the movies], and a number of Earth’s heroes assembled to confront him.

Mistress Death believed that there was a cosmic imbalance in the universe – that there were more living than there were dead. As a result, Death resurrects her loyal servant Thanos, who is appointed the task of killing off half of the population of the universe. Not only is Thanos’ power augmented by Death, he is granted access to the Infinity Well, where he realizes the power of the Infinity Gems. After much plotting and scheming, Thanos wrestles the gems from their owners and gains mastery over Power, Mind, Space, Reality, Time, and the Soul.

so yea...SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Dr. Naysay
May 13th, 2012, 11:24 AM
They weren't Skrull they were chitauri.

What's a chitauri?

It doesn't matter.

jerseydevil
May 13th, 2012, 11:34 AM
They weren't Skrull they were chitauri.

What's a chitauri?

It doesn't matter.

No..I know the soldiers were Chitauri, but the handler with the cowl and the metal gear around the bottom of his face looked a little skrully. The guy that told Thanos the whole, '...to court death.' line...that guy.

Dr. Naysay
May 13th, 2012, 08:44 PM
No..I know the soldiers were Chitauri, but the handler with the cowl and the metal gear around the bottom of his face looked a little skrully. The guy that told Thanos the whole, '...to court death.' line...that guy.

Oh.

I still don't think it matters.

jerseydevil
May 13th, 2012, 08:55 PM
It could matter. Look, Whedon really made an impressive movie just based on the fact that it hit the ground running. Little backstory/origin time wasting. And...the point where the movie might have bogged down/gotten set-piecey(the Heli-Carrier prop fixing/Loki's plan in action) was actually one of the parts of the movie that worked really well. If they let Whedon take the next step...and he commits to making a movie w/Thanos and the Skrulls as the big bad, well...that's a movie I want to see. Add in the Avengers roster possibly getting some geek tweaks by adding an Ant-man/Black Panther/Vision...and we may actually have something. Look, they are always going to skew for the mass audience. The BILLION in 2 weeks will not change that. But maybe they sneak some stuff in knowing that a sequel already is going to have a massive built in audience.

Dr. Naysay
May 13th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Really??? I thought everything action oriented on the helicarrier was totally boring and "set piecy". And made no sense. And was boring.

jerseydevil
May 13th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Really??? I thought everything action oriented on the helicarrier was totally boring and "set piecy". And made no sense. And was boring.

welp...you was wrong.

Dr. Naysay
May 13th, 2012, 10:15 PM
No way man. That sequence made zero sense and had zero stakes. More faceless punchfests and endless 'splosions. For what? And why weren't the ever in free fall? For an aircraft that was supposedly in jeopardy of falling Out of the sky they all seemed awfully level and generally comfy.

jerseydevil
May 14th, 2012, 09:24 AM
No way man. That sequence made zero sense and had zero stakes. More faceless punchfests and endless 'splosions. For what? And why weren't the ever in free fall? For an aircraft that was supposedly in jeopardy of falling Out of the sky they all seemed awfully level and generally comfy.

See, for me all the stuff that was going on, Loki/Black Widow, Thor/Hulk, Coulson's sacrifice, etc. made that sequence better than the eventual cgi laden conclusion. Sure, the lead balloon shoulda dropped a little faster, still I thought as a whole the entire group of events worked really well.

Dr. Naysay
May 14th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Feh.

Boring.

jerseydevil
May 14th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I won't deny the movie could have been tightened up.

adgy-san
May 14th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah.

Thanos.

**** yeah.

Dr. Naysay
May 14th, 2012, 05:38 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ucsdguy1
May 15th, 2012, 09:02 AM
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/superheroes-batman-superman-superheroes-dammit-hulk-calm-down.gif

jerseydevil
May 15th, 2012, 09:38 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Doc...don't say 'zzzzzz' say 'squeeeee'(at least for Thanos)

jerseydevil
May 15th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Agent Coulson, The Avengers And The Future | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/15/agent-coulson-the-avengers-and-the-future/)

Interesting.

jerseydevil
May 15th, 2012, 10:20 AM
‘Avengers’ spoiler special: Mystery villain’s creator speaks out | Hero Complex – movies, comics, fanboy fare – latimes.com (http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/05/11/avengers-spoiler-special-mystery-villains-creator-speaks-out/#/0)

Good interview with Starlin.

adgy-san
May 15th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Agent Coulson, The Avengers And The Future | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/15/agent-coulson-the-avengers-and-the-future/)

Interesting.

Whedon Explains Why Bad Things Happened to Avengers Character ? Spinoff Online – TV, Film, and Entertainment News Daily (http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/05/10/whedon-explains-why-bad-things-happened-to-avengers-character/)

Although that may be a mystery, Whedon’s reasons for killing Agent Coulson is not. At a press junket for The Avengers, the director came clean, telling io9.com it was … someone else’s idea.

“In our first meeting [Marvel Studios President] Kevin Feige said, this is what we’re gonna do and I said, ‘Oh, but you have to go out there and tell everybody that it was your idea because this is going to get me so much ****. Because they are all going to be like, “Oh, he did it again!”‘ Whedon said. “It was stipulated from the beginning, and I completely agree that it was the right thing to do, and so did Clark, who said in the early days, when I was busy apologizing for it, ‘In a movie like this, with what’s going on if there isn’t some toll, it’s just irresponsible story telling.’”

adgy-san
May 15th, 2012, 10:38 AM
‘Avengers’ spoiler special: Mystery villain’s creator speaks out | Hero Complex – movies, comics, fanboy fare – latimes.com (http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/05/11/avengers-spoiler-special-mystery-villains-creator-speaks-out/#/0)

Good interview with Starlin.

Thanks for posting that. Always like reading his interviews.

notbob
May 15th, 2012, 12:56 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ppuofKpX1r0742ro1_500.gif

jerseydevil
May 16th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Whedon 'torn' over directing Avengers 2? But—why? | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/05/whedon-torn-over-directin.php)

Somebody wants more money.

Ok, you guys have posted gifs of 2 of the best scenes in the movie...why can't someone find me a reveal of Thanos so I can go all fanboy and squeeeeee repeatedly???? You're on the clock guys, starting...now.

ucsdguy1
May 16th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Ok, you guys have posted gifs of 2 of the best scenes in the movie...why can't someone find me a reveal of Thanos so I can go all fanboy and squeeeeee repeatedly???? You're on the clock guys, starting...now.
not the greatest quality, but best I could find

http://geekasms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/jFoS6.gif

adgy-san
May 16th, 2012, 11:02 AM
****. Yes.

Byatch1979
May 16th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Loved the movie. Just loved it.

Doc is doing his classic contrarian shtick again. Might as well tell us all that the Kings are moving to Kansas.

jerseydevil
May 16th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Loved the movie. Just loved it.

Doc is doing his classic contrarian shtick again. Might as well tell us all that the Kings are moving to Kansas.

Before you go dismissing Doc's complaints I wasn't totally in love with it either. I liked it better than I expected simply because I had low expectations. A lot of Doc's points are valid. It was overly long and dragged at points. And, if I saw it again it might be a little more boring than I originally thought.

jerseydevil
May 16th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Quint and Clark Gregg talk in-depth about Agent Coulson's big scene and some fan theories surrounding his turn in The Avengers!
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55764)

Some nice speculation re:Coulson = The Vision here.

VF
May 16th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Biggest thing, the entire end set-piece was created on a friggin computer. So tired of seeing technically sterile cgi take the place of creative ART.

Are you talking Stark Tower? A lot of that was built. As for CGI taking the place of creative art, the same artists that designed and drew the interior (build) did the modeling for the exterior (set extension). If it felt CG, then perhaps the compositing could be better, but I'm not going to say it was bad cause I only saw it once and it didn't jump out at me, but I may just have not been paying it much attention.

Dr. Naysay
May 16th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I didn't hate it.

I just thought it was a comedy stuffed with incredibly boring action sequences.

Lose about 45 minutes of that flick and I'd probably love it more than toast.

I really love toast.

jerseydevil
May 16th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I didn't hate it.

I just thought it was a comedy stuffed with incredibly boring action sequences.

Lose about 45 minutes of that flick and I'd probably love it more than toast.

I really love toast.

Well. Then you need to get one of these.

This is an Official Watchmen Toaster | Geekosystem (http://www.geekosystem.com/watchmen-toaster/)

jerseydevil
May 16th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Are you talking Stark Tower? A lot of that was built. As for CGI taking the place of creative art, the same artists that designed and drew the interior (build) did the modeling for the exterior (set extension). If it felt CG, then perhaps the compositing could be better, but I'm not going to say it was bad cause I only saw it once and it didn't jump out at me, but I may just have not been paying it much attention.

No...the stationary items/backgrounds/actual physical locations...fine, enhance away. But when you have one group of cgi villains fighting another group of (mostly) cgi heroes...well, I check out. I wanna see a cartoon, I will watch a cartoon.

NastiMarvasti
May 17th, 2012, 03:57 AM
I'm with Doc. Good grief was this movie ever boring. I cannot for the life of me understand how this movie is making the money it's making and how it's over 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.

As soon as the opening scene ended, I knew I was in for a long night. Boring. This movie was so generic and lacked any kind of creative direction. Anyone could have directed this movie. And like JD, I refer to it as a cartoon. Seriously, how long were they on that ship for? Was there ever any danger to any of the characters? Oh yay, a bunch of CGI villains who have no chance in hell of even scratching one of the heroes. Can we just fast forward to the end now?

And some of you think Loki is a good villain? The best movies of this nature are good because of the villain. Loki was not interesting at all and was probably more interesting in Thor. In fact, how is this movie any better than Thor like the ratings and money suggest? And why can't all these heroes (one of them being a god) beat one villain? I just don't get it. Yeah, it had a couple of funny parts but when the best thing about a movie with this many stars is a CGI green monster, you have problems.

Then there's my ultimate peeve with Iron Man. I am sooooo f***ing tired of Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow chewing up the scenery with their stupid witty banter. Just talk like a normal human for **** sake! It got old 2 movies ago.

I went into this movie with low expectations and I came out thinking that they were low for good reason. At least hire Shyamalan to throw a stupid twist in the plot or something. It was so freakin' boring. I didn't hate it but it's a completely forgettable movie with nothing memorable that I can think of and I'll likely never see it again.

Byatch1979
May 17th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Oi vey.... seriously, what do you people expect out of a 3-D big budget summer blockbuster super hero movie? It's not going to be Citizen Kane... and if it didn't have so much action, then people would really say it was boring. The writing was clever, the plot was character driven (ie: seeing the team look past their differences and come together was more important that whatever it was that Loki was doing), and it paid great homage to the comics. Was it perfect? Of course not, not many movies are, especially ones like this.

Admit it.... it could have been a disaster and it wasn't at all. Just be happy that the mass population enjoyed something cool for once.

NastiMarvasti
May 17th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Oi vey.... seriously, what do you people expect out of a 3-D big budget summer blockbuster super hero movie? It's not going to be Citizen Kane... and if it didn't have so much action, then people would really say it was boring. The writing was clever, the plot was character driven (ie: seeing the team look past their differences and come together was more important that whatever it was that Loki was doing), and it paid great homage to the comics. Was it perfect? Of course not, not many movies are, especially ones like this.

Admit it.... it could have been a disaster and it wasn't at all. Just be happy that the mass population enjoyed something cool for once.

I didn't think it was a disaster but when the masses and the critics join forces and declare it to be masterful work, then I expect to not be looking at my watch every 15 minutes.

Byatch1979
May 17th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I didn't think it was a disaster but when the masses and the critics join forces and declare it to be masterful work, then I expect to not be looking at my watch every 15 minutes.

Then maybe the problem is with you. I can't help you there.

jerseydevil
May 18th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I have to split the difference here. It wasn't a great movie. And the more removed I am from it I think it was somewhere in the 'fair-to-middling' category. Yet Byatch makes a good point, this movie straddles the comic fan/casual audience divide about as well as could be expected and it deserves some credit for that. Yes, the third act is a cgi laden bore fest w/little to no actual stakes. But that's what people want. And for a movie that cost as much as this it would have been suicide to do anything else. I get it. It may not be for me, or Nasti, or Doc(what is this some off kilter seven dwarves line-up) but we are in the minority. This is a mass appeal movie made more for people who's only exposure to these characters is the movies that have come before. I disagree with you Nasti about Loki. I thought he was very effective as the focal point/big bad. In the end it was entertaining enough(although longish) but pretty much instantly forgettable. Welcome to America.

Byatch1979
May 18th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I have to split the difference here. It wasn't a great movie. And the more removed I am from it I think it was somewhere in the 'fair-to-middling' category. Yet Byatch makes a good point, this movie straddles the comic fan/casual audience divide about as well as could be expected and it deserves some credit for that. Yes, the third act is a cgi laden bore fest w/little to no actual stakes. But that's what people want. And for a movie that cost as much as this it would have been suicide to do anything else. I get it. It may not be for me, or Nasti, or Doc(what is this some off kilter seven dwarves line-up) but we are in the minority. This is a mass appeal movie made more for people who's only exposure to these characters is the movies that have come before. I disagree with you Nasti about Loki. I thought he was very effective as the focal point/big bad. In the end it was entertaining enough(although longish) but pretty much instantly forgettable. Welcome to America.

Very well said.

Griping about this movie reminds me of a time when I was in this locally famous pasta joint in Vancouver. This place was famous for it's quality pasta and it's massive portions. It was known that if you go to this place, you would be eating nothing but pasta and you will be taking some home for leftovers. It was also visibly very Italian. Anyway, I was there when these two very fit and obviously health conscious guys come in and sit down and look at the menu. After looking through the menu, one of them says in an extremely disgusted voice, "Oh my god... what is this place? The international house of carbs?"

I mean come on.... it's an Italian pasta restaurant renowned for everything that these guys obviously aren't into. What did they expect?

The Avengers could have been a complete disaster and it wasn't. In fact, I liked it a lot. I'm as tired as anyone with consequence free CGI action and slaughtering drone-type mechanical creatures. Unlike Transformers, at least they tried to make you care about the characters and their dialogue and interactions were funny as hell.

What I want to know from the complainers is, what else should it have been? And keep in mind that this was obviously a summer blockbuster-type movie. Compared to Transformers 2 and 3, it was brilliant!!

Dr. Naysay
May 18th, 2012, 05:44 PM
What I want to know from the complainers is, what else should it have been?

Shorter.

jerseydevil
May 18th, 2012, 08:29 PM
The Avengers could have been a complete disaster and it wasn't. In fact, I liked it a lot. I'm as tired as anyone with consequence free CGI action and slaughtering drone-type mechanical creatures. Unlike Transformers, at least they tried to make you care about the characters and their dialogue and interactions were funny as hell.

What I want to know from the complainers is, what else should it have been? And keep in mind that this was obviously a summer blockbuster-type movie. Compared to Transformers 2 and 3, it was brilliant!!

The only thing...being better than it could have been is far from being a great movie. It's just that we have collectively lowered our expectations to the point that this qualifies as Oscar winning material. And yeah, the mere fact that it had characters automatically elevates it above transformers. Would I see it again...not in any big rush, well except for the Thanos scene. But yeah, the vitriol unleashed here(Nasti) is over the top, simply because this movie is neither good enough or bad enough to inspire that kind of passion. Although I really have to agree with the point that the overly 'witty' banter from Tony Stark was just friggin irritating. It's a popcorn flick, plain and simple.

jerseydevil
May 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Oh...I read something earlier about how Coulson is going to become the Vision because...in at least one comic, Scarlett Witch was a cellist. And if you saw the movie, they practically shouted, oh he's dating a cellist at least 2 times during the movie. That's kinda groovy, Coulson has a nice measured android like personality already. See Byatch, it's little nerdisms that go a long way for me and could have elevated the movie without alienating the casual fan. In the end, real comic fans will always gripe...it's their nature, and these movies have a lowered target.

jerseydevil
May 19th, 2012, 01:44 PM
THE AVENGERS Blu-ray/DVD Set for Release on September 25 (http://collider.com/the-avengers-blu-ray-dvd-release-date-details/167342/)

Marvel’s The Avengers continues to Hulk Smash records at the box office, but we now have a release date and details regarding the film’s home media release. Joss Whedon’s excellent superhero pic will hit Blu-ray and DVD on September 25th, and as expected the combo set is loaded with special features. The 4-disc Blu-ray/DVD pack includes an audio commentary by Whedon, loads of deleted scenes (including an alternate ending), featurettes and much more. Additionally, a 10-disc Blu-ray super set is also apparently being planned. Hit the jump for details regarding the release.

First off, when Steve sat down with Whedon for the film’s press day, the director revealed that there would be 30 minutes of deleted scenes. We also know that he shot some stuff featuring Captain America reuniting with an old Peggy Carter, so that looks to be included among these deleted scenes. Moreover, Whedon also said that there was a lot of himself that got cut from the finished film, so Whedonites should be doubly excited about the supplemental material.

Okay, here’s the rundown of the Blu-ray/DVD specs courtesy of Blu-ray.com (via JoBlo):

4-Disc BD Combo Pack, 2-Disc BD Combo Pack and 2-Disc DVD Combo Pack
1. AUDIO COMMENTARY BY DIRECTOR JOSS WHEDON
2. MARVEL ONE-SHOT: ITEM 47
3. SECOND SCREEN
4. GAG REEL
4. DELETED SCENES
- Alternate Opening – Maria Hill Interrogation
- Extended Scene – Loki & Barton Strategize
- Steve Rogers – Man Out of Time
- Nick Fury & World Security Council
- Extended Viaduct Fight – Raw Footage
- Fury & Hill Discuss the World Security Council
- Extended Scene – Banner and Security Guard
- Alternate Ending – Maria Hill Interrogation
5. FEATURETTES
- A Visual Journey
- Assembling the Ultimate Team
6. SOUNDGARDEN MUSIC VIDEO – “Live to Rise”

DVD
1. AUDIO COMMENTARY BY DIRECTOR JOSS WHEDON
2. FEATURETTES
- Assembling the Ultimate Team

It looks like we’ll be getting another short film in the form of Marvel One-Shot: Item 47, but it’s not specified if it again stars Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson. Could we see Coulson return? Speculate away! As far as the deleted scenes go, “Steve Rogers – Man Out of Time” looks to be the additional Cap stuff that Whedon was talking about, and it appears we’ll get quite a bit more from Nick Fury and Maria Hill. I’m most excited about seeing more of Harry Dean Stanton’s cameo in “Banner and Security Guard,” and it should be fun to check out the alternate ending.

The Blu-ray.com post also mentions that a 10-disc Blu-ray super set is in the works, but they don’t have any details on the release. This is a curious prospect, as Disney only recently acquired the distribution rights to Marvel films (The Avengers was their first). That said, fans will be most happy to see an ultimate box set that encompasses “Phase One” of Marvel’s film franchise.

notbob
May 22nd, 2012, 09:12 AM
http://www.geekologie.com/2012/05/21/pixar-avengers-full.jpg

jerseydevil
May 24th, 2012, 03:14 PM
So will that villain teased in Avengers' credits pop up in Thor 2? | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/05/so-will-that-villain-teas.php)

Yespleasethankyou

jerseydevil
May 24th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Avengers did so well Marvel just upped Iron Man 3's budget A LOT | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/05/avengers-did-so-good-marv.php)

jerseydevil
May 24th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Mads Mikkelson in Talks to Play the Villain in THOR 2 (http://collider.com/thor-2-sequel-mads-mikkelson/168584/)

This only means something to me an Adgy prolly...but SQUEE. This guy rools!!!!!

jerseydevil
May 24th, 2012, 05:33 PM
IRON MAN 3 Casts Ashley Hamilton as Firepower, Jon Favreau Returns as Happy Hogan (http://collider.com/iron-man-3-jon-favreau-ashley-hamilton/168594/)

adgy-san
May 25th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Mads Mikkelson in Talks to Play the Villain in THOR 2 (http://collider.com/thor-2-sequel-mads-mikkelson/168584/)

This only means something to me an Adgy prolly...but SQUEE. This guy rools!!!!!

Yessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adgy-san
May 25th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I can watch it all day.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4el47KeNx1qe8laro1_500.gif

adgy-san
May 25th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Apparently, Joss Whedon posted this on his Facebook.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m46wq4LSXq1qce1rpo1_500.jpg

adgy-san
May 25th, 2012, 04:23 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3tdghKq9Y1qct38do1_500.jpg

--

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3tdnaozm31qct38do1_500.jpg

--

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3sk47Cm5x1r1jbgto1_400.jpg

roenick
May 26th, 2012, 09:08 PM
My daughter and I went to see it today for the first time. We additionally watched Captain America last night for the first time as well. I pretty much hated the Captain America movie (although I did like the guy who played him) but I loved the Avengers. We're Capt America felt forced and too quick I thought the pacing of The Avengers was good. I loved Hulk and Stark/Ironman.

I get the complaints but have to be honest - we really enjoyed it.

jerseydevil
May 28th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Kevin Feige Talks THOR 2 Villain Which Won’t be Thanos (http://collider.com/thor-2-sequel-kevin-feige/169494/)

SmytheKing
May 30th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Why I try not to read too much into comic book superhero movies. . .this guys makes a lot of good points.

Very Good Writing – Why Loki Won in The Avengers ? The Mask of Reason (http://maskofreason.wordpress.com/2012/05/23/very-good-writing-why-loki-won-in-the-avengers/)

adgy-san
June 1st, 2012, 04:47 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4y4jwKox41rw6hzpo1_500.jpg

Alerting all Avengers fans! The special, limited edition “Marvel Cinematic Universe - Phase One: Avengers Assembled” is now available for pre-order!

The 10-disc, six-movie collection brings Marvel’s The Avengers together with the five films that led up to the blockbuster event, and now you can own it all in an exclusive set. You can pre-order it now at Barnes & Noble or Amazon.com, but don’t delay—there are only a limited number of sets available!

Join your favorite billionaire-genius in Iron Man and Iron Man 2, the Jade Giant in The Incredible Hulk, the original Super Soldier in Captain America: The First Avenger, and of course the mighty, hammer-wielding Prince of Thunder in Thor as they defend humanity from greater evils! Along with the films, there will be a bonus disc - “The Phase One Archives” - as well as collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

More info soon!

Amazon.com: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) [Blu-ray]: Movies & TV (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083SBMGW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=oneofgodsownp-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0083SBMGW)

jerseydevil
June 6th, 2012, 12:25 PM
The Directors Of CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 Are... (Yes, That's Plural)
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56251)

It looks as if Marvel Studios has made its choice, and it's the Russo brothers, Anthony and Joe, who are best known for their film work helming YOU, ME & DUPREE and as the executive producers and directors of NBC's COMMUNITY.

The Hollywood Reporter says the Russos outlasted such competition for the gig as George Nolfi and F. Gary Gray, and it sounds like Joe Johnston was never in the discussion to return to the director's chair after his strong effort with the first film.

Hmmm... quite the interesting choice, but then again, when hasn't Marvel made some different choices when it comes to who's directing their films?

jerseydevil
June 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM
so you think it wasn't long enough huh Doc?

3-Hour Director’s Cut Of ‘The Avengers’ Could Get A Theatrical Release This Summer | Geeks of Doom (http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/06/13/3-hour-directors-cut-of-the-avengers-could-get-a-theatrical-release-this-summer/)

jerseydevil
June 13th, 2012, 12:07 PM
September Marks a Thanos Extravaganza | CraveOnline (http://www.craveonline.com/comics/articles/190331-jim-starlin-returns-to-thanos-with-2-new-books)

adgy-san
June 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
September Marks a Thanos Extravaganza | CraveOnline (http://www.craveonline.com/comics/articles/190331-jim-starlin-returns-to-thanos-with-2-new-books)

Yay! I already have the stuff being reprinted, but... Yay!

jerseydevil
June 29th, 2012, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp6beYfqm18&feature=player_embedded#!

spjon25
July 3rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
Forget all of this let's see an X-Men vs Avengers flick based on the recent comic arc that is going on now. You can have Joss Whedon and the guy who sucked at the Xen flicks do it and it will aim straight for the middle.

The film was a good summer film. Niff said with that. I had fun and thought it was worth the matinee admission I paid. I am a sucker for these films and lets me geek out a little bit.

jerseydevil
July 3rd, 2012, 10:27 PM
Forget all of this let's see an X-Men vs Avengers flick based on the recent comic arc that is going on now. You can have Joss Whedon and the guy who sucked at the Xmen flicks do it and it will aim straight for the middle.

The film was a good summer film. Nuff said with that. I had fun and thought it was worth the matinee admission I paid. I am a sucker for these films and lets me geek out a little bit.

Like the enthusiasm. And which guy who sucked? Singer with the first two or The Rat who was brought in last minute and(I think) did a decent job. But yeah, all the Xmen flicks suck hard. OOOfa Wolverine:Origins is Tron:Legacy bad. Maybe it's the : ????

NastiMarvasti
July 3rd, 2012, 10:54 PM
You guys are still talking about this overrated snooze fest?

spjon25
July 3rd, 2012, 11:04 PM
Yeah, cause I waited until the crowds thinned out so I could go see it.

jerseydevil
July 3rd, 2012, 11:07 PM
You guys are still talking about this overrated snooze fest?

Operator: 'I have an emergency interuption from the pot, kettle...will you accept?'

Kettle: 'yes please'

Operator: 'Go ahead'

Pot: 'how in the **** can you say that when you love Inception????????'

SmytheKing
July 4th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Anyone else feel that if Christopher Nolan cured cancer that jd would bitch that it's not that great because he didn't cure AIDS too? :P

jerseydevil
July 4th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Anyone else feel that if Christopher Nolan cured cancer that jd would bitch that it's not that great because he didn't cure AIDS too? :P

But Nolan would never cure Cancer...that would be a happy ending and the man could never wallow in the sense of self importance and the sadness/depression cancer brings. He would cure...I dunno...mono, just to superimpose cancer over it with a spinning top showing how random death dealing diseases are...

NastiMarvasti
July 5th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Operator: 'I have an emergency interuption from the pot, kettle...will you accept?'

Kettle: 'yes please'

Operator: 'Go ahead'

Pot: 'how in the **** can you say that when you love Inception????????'

Inception>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Avengers

NastiMarvasti
July 5th, 2012, 08:26 PM
But Nolan would never cure Cancer...that would be a happy ending and the man could never wallow in the sense of self importance and the sadness/depression cancer brings. He would cure...I dunno...mono, just to superimpose cancer over it with a spinning top showing how random death dealing diseases are...

Don't you find it refreshing to have a director in Hollywood who doesn't always go for the happy ending?

jerseydevil
July 6th, 2012, 06:50 AM
At some point, when A guy goes to the same trick/theme everytime, no. It becomes expected and then you are no better than M. Knight Shamalayan.

jerseydevil
July 6th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Inception>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Avengers

apples <><><><><><><><><><><><><>oranges. Avengers is a crowd pleasing summer popcorn flick(retarded fun for the masses) while Inception is an adult/sci-fi/bloated sense of self importance fest.

NastiMarvasti
July 6th, 2012, 09:49 AM
At some point, when A guy goes to the same trick/theme everytime, no. It becomes expected and then you are no better than M. Knight Shamalayan.

http://janinejulia.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/photobucket-shocked.gif

NastiMarvasti
July 6th, 2012, 09:49 AM
apples <><><><><><><><><><><><><>oranges. Avengers is a crowd pleasing summer popcorn flick(retarded fun for the masses) while Inception is an adult/sci-fi/bloated sense of self importance fest.

You made the comparison.

jerseydevil
July 6th, 2012, 09:58 AM
You made the comparison.

Only because liking Inception skews your ability to criticize, well...anything.

NastiMarvasti
July 6th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Only because liking Inception skews your ability to criticize, well...anything.

Didn't you like Watchmen?

But seriously, The Avengers is such a generic action flick. Like I said in my post several pages ago, I'm sick of Downey playing himself in every movie and his stupid witty banter with Gwyneth is beyond annoying at this point. Scarlet is only there to show off her ass. While nice, I'd like a little more out of the 2 hours. Sammy J is completely pointless. Thor and the Captain are not interesting characters to begin with, though I like Hemsworth. Ruffalo was probably the best part of the movie but then, he's in it for about 27 seconds. The key to any movie like this is the villain and Loki is just another forgettable bad guy. How am I supposed to believe that he alone can beat all the good guys by himself? One of which is a god. Yay, let's just watch a CGI fest like we do in almost every summer movie. Because that's so new and inspiring. Boring. Just a boring freakin' movie. Anyone could have made it.

adgy-san
July 6th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Both of you guys are wrong. Both of the movies are excellent.

SmytheKing
July 6th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I never understood why I can't enjoy both types either. :)

adgy-san
July 6th, 2012, 02:12 PM
See? The internet has spoken!

NastiMarvasti
July 6th, 2012, 03:14 PM
This would be a lot easier if you guys would just say that I'm right and went on with it.

darby
July 6th, 2012, 04:17 PM

Both movies are pretty darn good.

Dr. Naysay
July 6th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Nope.

jerseydevil
July 6th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Nope.

Oh Doc...you get me...you do. Kinda creepy, still...

adgy-san
July 11th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Marvel Short 'Item 47' Gets A Blockbuster Sized Poster Plus Details On Marvel Universe Phase One Blu-Ray Boxset Revealed | The Playlist (http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/marvel-short-item-47-gets-a-blockbuster-sized-poster-plus-details-on-marvel-universe-phase-one-blu-ray-boxset-revealed-20120711?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_content=Google+Reader#.T_30OJGBLPA)

First off, continuing their list of home video exclusive short films, the twelve minute "Item 47" is on the way. Set to be unveiled on the DVD/Blu-ray release of "The Avengers," the story centers on a down-on-their-luck couple (Lizzy Caplan and Jesse Bradford) who stumble across the alien guns left behind in the aftermath of "The Avengers," and decide to do some bad things. S.H.I.E.L.D. agents (Maximiliano Hern?ndez and Titus Welliver) are tasked with tracking down Benny and Claire before they do more damage.

jerseydevil
July 21st, 2012, 11:08 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/rtbstrd1331/MYnewALBUM/lokicharms.jpg

jerseydevil
July 26th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Director Anthony Russo Offers ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ Details | Geeks of Doom (http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/07/25/director-anthony-russo-offers-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-details/)

adgy-san
July 31st, 2012, 11:29 AM
Yeah!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Vw56VLT0XMk

jerseydevil
July 31st, 2012, 12:40 PM
Ummmmmmm...squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

adgy-san
August 7th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Joss Whedon Signed To Write And Direct Avengers 2, Work On The Marvel Universe TV Series | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/07/joss-whedon-signed-for-avengers-2-and-working-on-the-marvel-universe-tv-series/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool +Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29&utm_content=Google+Reader)

Breaking: Disney’s Bob Iger has just announced during the studio’s quarterly Investors Conference Call that Joss Whedon is signed on to write and direct the second Avengers movie and, perhaps even more brilliantly, is helping them develop their TV series set in the same fictional universe.

jerseydevil
August 10th, 2012, 12:49 PM
The Avengers is way funnier with these Chinese bootleg subtitles | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/08/the-avengers-is-way-funni.php)

Check out the screen-caps...funny stuff.

here's one

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/rtbstrd1331/MYnewALBUM/avengers-chinese-bootleg-07.jpg

jerseydevil
August 16th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Vin Diesel campaigns for a role in Avengers 2 (but as which hero?) | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/08/vin-diesel-wants-in-on-th.php)

Vin D. As the Vision...ok, I can see that.

adgy-san
August 16th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Vin Diesel campaigns for a role in Avengers 2 (but as which hero?) | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/08/vin-diesel-wants-in-on-th.php)

Vin D. As the Vision...ok, I can see that.

You know what? As long as he doesn't mind taking a backseat role... I don't really have a problem with that.

jerseydevil
August 16th, 2012, 10:03 AM
You know what? As long as he doesn't mind taking a backseat role... I don't really have a problem with that.

Well, the Vision is never going to be a lead in that crew. With the otherworldly personality he can't compete with the wisecracks. I still think Coulson re-invented as is a better idea.

jerseydevil
August 16th, 2012, 12:44 PM
THE AVENGERS 2 from Joss Whedon and Marvel Will Open on May 1, 2015 | Collider (http://collider.com/avengers-2-release-date/189519/)

Here’s the press release from Marvel Studios and Disney:

SEQUEL TO MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS TO HIT THEATERS MAY 1, 2015

The Walt Disney Studios has announced a release date for Marvel Studios’ sequel to the biggest Super Hero blockbuster and third highest grossing film of all time, Marvel’s The Avengers. Joss Whedon returns to write and direct the UNTITLED MARVEL’S AVENGERS SEQUEL set for release May 1, 2015.

jerseydevil
August 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Whedon teases at least 1 new character for Avengers 2 (but who?) | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/08/whedon-teases-at-least-1.php)

Dr. Naysay
August 21st, 2012, 12:37 PM
Black Panther.

adgy-san
August 22nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joss Whedon Discusses The Avengers, Its Sequel, Marvel On TV And More | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/22/joss-whedon-discusses-the-avengers-its-sequel-marvel-on-tv-and-more/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool +Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29&utm_content=Google+Reader)

jerseydevil
August 22nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
LOST’s Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Lands Villain Role in THOR: THE DARK WORLD
(http://collider.com/thor-2-sequel-adewale-akinnuoye-agbaje/190820/)

Adibisi alert.

adgy-san
August 28th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Watch: Alternate Opening To 'The Avengers' Is A Bit Of A Downer | The Playlist (http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/watch-alternate-opening-to-the-avengers-is-a-bit-of-a-downer-20120828?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_content=Google+Reader)

jerseydevil
August 29th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Check out Stan Lee's ORIGINAL Avengers cameo in new deleted scene | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/08/check-out-stan-lees-origi.php)

jerseydevil
August 29th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joss Whedon coming back to TV for Marvel S.H.I.E.L.D. series | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/08/joss-whedon-coming-back-t.php)

LetTigerIn
August 29th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Watch: Alternate Opening To 'The Avengers' Is A Bit Of A Downer | The Playlist (http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/watch-alternate-opening-to-the-avengers-is-a-bit-of-a-downer-20120828?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_content=Google+Reader)

They should have opened with Egg Shen.

orpheus
August 29th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Can we get an Avengers West Coast movie? Lol! I used to read those comics!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57525/marveldatabase/images/b/b5/West_Coast_Avengers_Vol_1_1.jpg

jerseydevil
August 30th, 2012, 01:23 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/rtbstrd1331/MYnewALBUM/thanoslabor.jpg

chaingunsofdoom
August 30th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I've heard 'there's nothing new added'. I've heard 'wait until after the credits'. Which is it?

adgy-san
August 30th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I've heard 'there's nothing new added'. I've heard 'wait until after the credits'. Which is it?

I'm assuming it's the same after credits stuff that was in the original theatrical run.

chaingunsofdoom
August 31st, 2012, 09:43 AM
It looks like it's: "nothing new added".

adgy-san
August 31st, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joss Whedon Talks ‘The Avengers’ Deleted Scenes, Says He Was Trying To Make A War Movie (http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/joss-whedon-talks-the-avengers-deleted-scenes-says-he-was-trying-to-make-a-war-movie-20120831?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_content=Google+Reader)

Whedon was recently approached and asked why the scenes didn’t make the cut, to which he was pretty candid about.

“Two factors. One: The movie was three hours long. Two: Audiences didn’t respond to it as well in the movie as I think they would as a DVD extra. Most of them didn’t know who this character was or what the context was, and they were like, 'Uhhh, I don’t know why I’m supposed to be personally involved in this character I don’t know.' The rollout to the Avengers getting to Loki was so gradual that people were getting restless. I thought Cobie [Smulders] nailed it, and the reason I thought it was necessary is because I was trying to make a war movie and I wanted to give context that something bad had happened in the past," he told Vulture. "In a war movie, you don’t know who’s going to live or die, but you do know that this war happened and that [the characters] are going to be in a dire circumstance, and I wanted to create that atmosphere.”

orpheus
August 31st, 2012, 04:09 PM
Oh, yeah, I finally watched the Avengers, 3 months late! :facepalm:

Orphy=Always Outnumbered, Always Outgunned, Always Outsmarted, Never Outfailed.

Dr. Naysay
August 31st, 2012, 06:09 PM

orpheus
August 31st, 2012, 06:19 PM
Yeah, but better late than never seeing this.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8w75oT7jw1rtr33v.gif

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1pq27Y7Zd1qjowpro1_500.gif

Maybe a bit wee small thing for Scarlie. :P

SmytheKing
September 2nd, 2012, 08:51 AM
Yeah, but better late than never seeing this.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8w75oT7jw1rtr33v.gif

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1pq27Y7Zd1qjowpro1_500.gif

Maybe a bit wee small thing for Scarlie. :P
I have one of those too. /eskimobrothers

jerseydevil
September 4th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One Blu-ray Set Release Delayed Indefinitely Due to Lawsuit | Collider (http://collider.com/marvel-avengers-assembled-blu-ray-delayed/193296/)

whoopsie...

One of the draws to the bundle was its briefcase-like packaging that mirrored the case containing the all-important Tesseract from The Avengers. It was a neat idea and superfans were eager to get their hands on it, but there was just one problem: Marvel neglected to get permission from the briefcase?s maker to reproduce and distribute it to hundreds of thousands of fans. As such, the release of the collector?s set has been halted indefinitely. Hit the jump for more.

Though the set was initially to be available on September 25th, a lawsuit against Marvel from the German luggage company Rimowa BhmbH has put an indefinite hold on its release. The company states their case (hey-oh!) in court documents that were recently released (per THR):

?Marvel did not obtain any license or authorization from Rimowa to make replica copies of the case for any purpose . . . the plastic ?replica case? [is] a close copy of Rimowa?s Topas attach? case in every respect but quality ? from the proportions and coloring, to the style of the handle and latches, and, of course, in the use of the trademarked parallel ridges around the body of the case.?

jerseydevil
September 7th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Rumor of the Day: Thor 2 will introduce big-screen Doctor Strange | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/09/rumor-of-the-day-thor-2-t.php)
Thanos creator shares casting picks for Marvel's cosmic villain | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/09/thanos-creator-reveals-hi.php)

jerseydevil
September 9th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Marvel’s “Phase One” AVENGERS Mega-Set Pushed To Next Year | CHUD.com (http://www.chud.com/106084/marvels-phase-one-avengers-mega-set-delayed/)

doh!

jerseydevil
September 11th, 2012, 08:31 AM
New Thor 2 set pics spotlight Sif + The Dark World villains | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/09/new-thor-2-set-pics-show.php#1)

jerseydevil
September 11th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joss Whedon planning to 'twist that knife' in Avengers 2 | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/09/whedon-planning-to-twist.php)

Though Avengers did feature a few heartbreaking moments, the focus was mostly on bringing the team together and creating that high-note payoff of saving the world.

But for round two, Whedon said he'll be digging a little deeper into what makes these bigger-than-life characters tick?and give them some true pain to deal with in the upcoming sequels.

He told 24 Hours:

"The creation of the team is not the happy ending. It is the beginning of something that is complex and difficult, and now I get to dig a little deeper. And maybe, while I'm digging, just twist that knife. And that's exciting for me."
Whedon also touched on what his role will be in Phase 2, and reiterated that he's confident with the team in place, and only wants to be the guiding hand tying all the films together:
"Very talented people are writing and directing these movies, and what I don't want to be is the guy they dread, who's going to come in and say 'Oh, well I have the power to say change this.' I'm not that."
What do you think of Marvel's appointment of Whedon as Grand Poobah over the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Is he the man for the job?

jerseydevil
September 13th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Marvel promises we'll see that Ant-Man test footage (but when?) | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/09/marvel-promises-well-see.php)

and Marvel is saying not-so-fast on the Viggo as Doc Strange rumors too.

jerseydevil
September 14th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Wait, did we all miss a HUGE Avengers 2 teaser in part one? | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/09/wait-did-we-all-miss-a-hu.php)

jerseydevil
September 16th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Thor 2 Mini-Rushes – Baddies, Warriors, Fandral And Stan Lee | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/16/thor-2-mini-rushes-baddies-warriors-fandral-and-stan-lee/)

Nice out of focus long shot of Zachary Levi...I like the way this is looking. Alan Taylor directed some of the better Game of Thrones eps and was largely responsible for the look...and it looks like he is bringing that to the new Thor. The downside of that is he can't do any of the season 3 GoT eps.

jerseydevil
September 17th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Have Marvel Retconned The Avengers On DVD Or Just Censored It? | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/17/have-marvel-retconned-the-avengers-on-dvd-or-just-censored-it/)

Huh...interesting.

x-wingcamewest
September 17th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Have Marvel Retconned The Avengers On DVD Or Just Censored It? | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/17/have-marvel-retconned-the-avengers-on-dvd-or-just-censored-it/)

Huh...interesting.

* jerseydevil has reached 25700 posts!* [07:47 AM]

:whore:

jerseydevil
September 17th, 2012, 02:23 PM
11 Thor 2 set pics show off tons of bad guys + TWO Gods of Thunder | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/09/11-thor-2-set-pics-show-o.php)

Marvel squashes superhero short film rumor we'd hoped was true | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/09/marvel-squashes-superhero.php)

jerseydevil
September 18th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Chris Evans Suggests We Could See Captain America in ‘Thor: The Dark World’ | Geeks of Doom (http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/09/18/chris-evans-suggests-we-could-see-captain-america-in-thor-the-dark-world/)

Evans seems really into being Cap'n. Nice to see.

Dr. Naysay
September 19th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Chris Evans Suggests We Could See Captain America in ‘Thor: The Dark World’ | Geeks of Doom (http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/09/18/chris-evans-suggests-we-could-see-captain-america-in-thor-the-dark-world/)

Evans seems really into being Cap'n. Nice to see.

What else does he have to do?

jerseydevil
September 19th, 2012, 10:58 PM
What else does he have to do?

C'mon...Evans is pretty prolific. And not a terrible actor. He doesn't NEED a franchise.

Dr. Naysay
September 19th, 2012, 11:00 PM
C'mon...Evans is pretty prolific. And not a terrible actor. He doesn't NEED a franchise.

Is he? No? Doesn't he?

jerseydevil
September 19th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Well I think you agree on the 'not terrible' part. Yeah...I don't think Evans NEEDS a franchise. He does romcoms, action, drama...pretty versatile. For a pretty guy he's kinda likeable. I almost think locking into the ultra uptight Superman in the Marvel universe of Cap'n America could hurt as much as help his overall brand. So...I like his enthusiasm. Lets be honest...his Johnny Storm was the only casting they got right on those HORRIBLE FF movies. Really? The guy who directed BARBERSHOP????? Really??????

jerseydevil
September 19th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Joss Whedon Talks AVENGERS 2 and His Decision to Return to the Director’s Chair | Collider (http://collider.com/joss-whedon-avengers-2-quotes/196785/)

adgy-san
September 20th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Well I think you agree on the 'not terrible' part. Yeah...I don't think Evans NEEDS a franchise. He does romcoms, action, drama...pretty versatile. For a pretty guy he's kinda likeable. I almost think locking into the ultra uptight Superman in the Marvel universe of Cap'n America could hurt as much as help his overall brand. So...I like his enthusiasm. Lets be honest...his Johnny Storm was the only casting they got right on those HORRIBLE FF movies. Really? The guy who directed BARBERSHOP????? Really??????

I actually think the guy cast as Reed (forgot his name) was pretty good, but in a movie like that... it's hard for anyone to come off well.

jerseydevil
September 20th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I actually think the guy cast as Reed (forgot his name) was pretty good, but in a movie like that... it's hard for anyone to come off well.

Yeah...Ion Griffud(?), good point. I liked Chiklis good enough but he was too short. Man them movies are just sooooo meh.

orpheus
September 20th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Fantastic Four 2 is the best movie that has ever been made. And having Galactus as a cloud was brilliant.

Psh. I don't get you people sometimes.

:grin:

jerseydevil
September 21st, 2012, 08:03 AM
Tantalizing new Thor 2 set videos show off even more carnage | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/09/new-thor-2-set-videos-sho.php)

they need to close the doors on this production. I have seen too much already.

adgy-san
September 21st, 2012, 09:35 AM
Tantalizing new Thor 2 set videos show off even more carnage | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/09/new-thor-2-set-videos-sho.php)

they need to close the doors on this production. I have seen too much already.

Yeah, I haven't actually looked at anything that's come out, but goddamn there's new set photos popping up every 5 minutes it seems like.

jerseydevil
September 21st, 2012, 11:28 AM
Chris Evans Talks THE ICEMAN, SNOWPIERCER, CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 Sequels, THOR 2, More | Collider (http://collider.com/chris-evans-captain-america-2-sequel-the-iceman-interview/194841/)

jerseydevil
September 24th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Marvel Studios Pres. Kevin Feige Has Some Ideas For A Standalone Hulk Film | Geeks of Doom (http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/09/24/marvel-studios-pres-kevin-feige-has-some-ideas-for-a-standalone-hulk-film/)

jerseydevil
September 24th, 2012, 05:18 PM
hey...more Thor 2 news.

THOR: THE DARK WORLD Adds Richard Brake and Clive Russell | Collider (http://collider.com/thor-2-sequel-richard-brake-clive-russell/197661/)

jerseydevil
September 25th, 2012, 02:09 PM
EFX collectibles THOR Helmet and Mjolnir Props and EFX collectibles CAPTAIN AMERICA Replica Posters and Trading Cards | Collider (http://collider.com/thor-mjolnir-efx-collectibles-captain-america-posters-trading-cards-efx/197864/)

jerseydevil
September 26th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Thor 2 co-star hospitalized after suffering 'horrible injury' on set | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/09/thor-2-co-star-hospitaliz.php)

jerseydevil
September 26th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Will Thor: The Dark World Showcase All Nine Realms? | Superhero Hype (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172879-will-thor-the-dark-world-showcase-all-nine-realms)

jerseydevil
September 27th, 2012, 05:11 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/rtbstrd1331/MYnewALBUM/thanosart1.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/rtbstrd1331/MYnewALBUM/thanosart2.jpg

Avengers concept art reveals a truly menacing Thanos | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/09/avengers-concept-art-reve.php)

And that a big Squuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee good buddy...

adgy-san
September 28th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

jerseydevil
October 7th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Avengers Sequel Sets Emily Blunt And Ruth Wilson To Fight For Ms. Marvel | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/07/avengers-sequel-sets-emily-blunt-and-ruth-wilson-to-fight-for-ms-marvel/)

adgy-san
October 8th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Emily Blunt seems more like a Spider-Woman to me, but... that's ok.

adgy-san
October 8th, 2012, 04:49 PM
More.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbl463lhbC1r25d69o1_1280.jpg

orpheus
October 8th, 2012, 11:25 PM
I like Emily Blunt. :P

adgy-san
October 9th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I like Emily Blunt. :P

Who doesn't? Lady's got it going on.

orpheus
October 10th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Who doesn't? Lady's got it going on.

Some people don't, apparently. Psh!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsav72gXgt1qmh9pxo5_500.gif

orpheus
October 10th, 2012, 03:25 AM
I know I said I prefer Darkseid, and I do, mind you, but those Thanos pictures look swell! The Avengers is not a perfect movie, but, God, if it isn't such a fun movie. Joss Whedon had so much pressure to deliver, well, he did, I am proud and he's trying to one up and the next one bigger!

http://blogintomystery.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/ig4.jpg

And just to digress, lol!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp81d3Vx9S1qe3pm6o1_500.gif

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhrgnuzOVR1qe3pm6o1_500.gif

adgy-san
October 10th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Wild Target was a pretty good movie, too.

jerseydevil
October 10th, 2012, 06:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDajL441mZc&feature=relmfu

SmytheKing
October 10th, 2012, 06:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDajL441mZc&feature=relmfu
I ****ing love you jd.

jerseydevil
October 18th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Hugo Weaving Not Interested In Returning As The Red Skull In Future Marvel Movies | Geeks of Doom (http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/10/15/hugo-weaving-not-interested-in-returning-as-the-red-skull-in-future-marvel-movies/)

I think Weaving is a great actor. But he has taken a paycheck in other lesser movies. I would have to think he is reluctant to go under the makeup again. Understandable. It sounds like this is his declaration to Marvel that if you want me to endure that again I am going to need some better money.

jerseydevil
October 18th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Whedon responds to TDKR cinematographer's Avengers bashing | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/10/whedon-responds-to-tdkr-c.php)

The Academy Award-winning cinematographer behind The Dark Knight Rises recently took some shots at Joss Whedon's blockbuster The Avengers, and now Whedon himself has responded to the hate.

Wally Pfister, the cinematographer behind films like The Dark Knight Rises and Atonement, recently called The Avengers an "appalling film," filled with "illogical forms[s] of storytelling" that drove him "bonkers."

Entertainment Weekly tracked down Whedon to ask his thoughts on Pfister's public-bashing, and he gave a very polite response (which sadly lacked his usual Whedon-esque snark, but hey, he's trying to be classy).

He simply replied:

"I'm sorry to hear it, I'm a fan."
We're sorry to hear it too, Joss, but you should be able to sleep easy knowing virtually everyone else loved the film, and most can't wait for the sequel in 2015.

What do you think? Did the cinematography in Avengers drive you "bonkers"?

jerseydevil
October 21st, 2012, 11:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=askHCPHNRsM&feature=player_embedded

jerseydevil
October 22nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/rtbstrd1331/MYnewALBUM/mandarin.jpg

First Look at Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin in IRON MAN 3; Plus New Images and Details
(http://collider.com/iron-man-3-images/205339/)

adgy-san
October 22nd, 2012, 11:58 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/rtbstrd1331/MYnewALBUM/mandarin.jpg

First Look at Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin in IRON MAN 3; Plus New Images and Details
(http://collider.com/iron-man-3-images/205339/)

I love Ben Kingsley, but he doesn't look Chinese at all.

jerseydevil
October 22nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
looks kinda mongol...

notbob
October 22nd, 2012, 01:31 PM
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28300000/Flash-Gordon-Icon-flash-gordon-28302952-200-200.jpg

jerseydevil
October 22nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
Frank Grillo Testing for Villain Role in CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 | Collider (http://collider.com/frank-grillo-captain-america-2-winter-soldier/205670/)

Very good in the GREY.

EDIT:Rumor is that it's Crossbones.

jerseydevil
October 23rd, 2012, 09:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CzoSeClcw0&feature=player_embedded

jerseydevil
October 23rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Was Natalie Portman forced back to work on Thor: The Dark World? | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/10/was-natalie-portman-force.php)

jerseydevil
October 23rd, 2012, 01:14 PM
Huge Plot Spoilers For ?Iron Man 3′ And ?Thor: The Dark World? Revealed | /Film (http://www.slashfilm.com/huge-plot-spoilers-for-iron-man-3-and-thor-the-dark-world-revealed/)

adgy-san
October 23rd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Frank Grillo Testing for Villain Role in CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 | Collider (http://collider.com/frank-grillo-captain-america-2-winter-soldier/205670/)

Very good in the GREY.

EDIT:Rumor is that it's Crossbones.

It should be. Crossbones is ****in' cool.

jerseydevil
October 24th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Does the Mandarin Have a Connection to Captain America? | Superhero Hype (http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173329-does-the-mandarin-have-a-connection-to-captain-america)

I have to go back and rewatch the trailer to make sure this isn't photoshopped...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/rtbstrd1331/MYnewALBUM/mandarintattoo.jpg

adgy-san
October 24th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Maybe he's just a really big fan.

jerseydevil
October 24th, 2012, 02:44 PM
IRON MAN 3 Trailer Breakdown: An In-Depth Look at the New Trailer for IRON MAN 3 | Collider (http://collider.com/iron-man-3-trailer-breakdown/206037/)

jerseydevil
October 24th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Series to Star Ming-Na Wen in Lead Role | Collider (http://collider.com/ming-na-wen-marvel-shield-tv-series/206101/)

jerseydevil
October 24th, 2012, 03:33 PM
What NOT to expect from Iron Man 3's Mandarin and those ten rings | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/10/what-not-to-expect-from-i.php)

LetTigerIn
October 25th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Hey, Shane Black wrote in a house dropping off a hill!

adgy-san
October 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Hugo Weaving Doesn't Want To Play Red Skull Again In Any More Marvel Movies | The Playlist (http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/hugo-weaving-doesnt-want-to-play-red-skull-again-in-any-more-marvel-movies-20121016?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_content=Google+Reader)

However, he's not keen on reprising the role, though obviously he will if he's asked. "I think the tendency, with those films, would be to probably not bring a villain back. They might for 'The Avengers,' but I didn’t think I’d be in 'Captain America 2 or 3.' I don’t think Red Skull will be there," he pondered. "And it’s not something I would want to do again. I’m glad I did it. I did sign up for a number of pictures and I suppose, contractually, I would be obliged to, if they forced me to, but they wouldn’t want to force someone to do it, if they didn’t want to. I think I’ve done my dash with that sort of film. It was good to do it and try it out, but to be honest, it’s not the sort of film I seek out and really am excited by. As an actor, to do all sorts of different films is great. It stretches you in different ways. But, I increasingly like to go back to what I used to always do, which is to get involved with projects that I really have a personal affiliation with."

SmytheKing
October 26th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Hugo Weaving Doesn't Want To Play Red Skull Again In Any More Marvel Movies | The Playlist (http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/hugo-weaving-doesnt-want-to-play-red-skull-again-in-any-more-marvel-movies-20121016?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_content=Google+Reader)

...unless they pay me ****ton of money. "I think I've done my dash with that sort of film." says the guy who did three Matrix movies and three LOTR movies. Look, I'm not the biggest fan of that Captain America movie, but let's call a spade a spade here...

adgy-san
October 26th, 2012, 10:52 AM
And let's not forget his voicing Megatron for Transformers...

Dr. Naysay
October 26th, 2012, 05:57 PM
So wait... he says he's done with that type of film and your next argument is to demonstrate that in his past he's already made an insane **** load of them?

Why aren't you guys attorneys?

SmytheKing
October 26th, 2012, 07:09 PM
So wait... he says he's done with that type of film and your next argument is to demonstrate that in his past he's already made an insane **** load of them?

Why aren't you guys attorneys?

Good point. How about I add that he's doing the next three Hobbit movies as well then?

Dr. Naysay
October 26th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Good point. How about I add that he's doing the next three Hobbit movies as well then?

Good point. How about I add that those have already been filmed and are therefore part of his "already completed" body of work?

jerseydevil
October 27th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Good point. How about I add that those have already been filmed and are therefore part of his "already completed" body of work?

hmmmm actually that is technically inaccurate Doc. The decision to make it a trilogy has necessitated extra shooting so...

Your point is valid though. When I posted this info a while back I did mention that it felt like a ploy to get Marvel to pony up more cash. The Red Skull makeup was very extensive and I can see the guy being reluctant to go through that for the nominal contracts that Marvel is known for. I am not sure why people did not like the Cap'n flick. I really felt it was the most fully realized of the Marvel movies. I thought it had just enough cheese to capture the 'star spangled Avenger' and it, in my opinion, really stretched the parameters of the origin story cliches. Plus, it was a lot of fun. Great cast and just a lot of well done set pieces. I appear to be in the minority though.

Dr. Naysay
October 27th, 2012, 07:38 PM
hmmmm actually that is technically inaccurate Doc. The decision to make it a trilogy has necessitated extra shooting so...

Your point is valid though.

You're damn right it is.

It's not in his control if the movie he JUST MADE requires some extra filming... the question is does he want to sign up for another movie like the last 15 he's made.

jerseydevil
October 27th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Honestly, I really think its an aversion to the makeup process. He also just did Cloud Atlas which required extensive prosthetics. It's not a fun thing for an actor and if the pay is low that's not a lot of motivation.

Dr. Naysay
October 27th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Aw hell I don't even care I just thought it was funny that the amateur read between the lines detective society jumped on the case so quickly.

He can make a million big budget special effects movies and be called a hypocrite from here until Kingdom Come and adgy and smytheking can dance in a ring around a bonfire and point out how wrong I was to take him at his word and it will bother me exactly zero.

jerseydevil
October 27th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Aw hell I don't even care I just thought it was funny that the amateur read between the lines detective society jumped on the case so quickly.

He can make a million big budget special effects movies and be called a hypocrite from here until Kingdom Come and adgy and smytheking can dance in a ring around a bonfire and point out how wrong I was to take him at his word and it will bother me exactly zero.

aw c'mon Doc...you make these empirical statements, it has to perturb you a bit when you are wrong. And I can honestly say that I have spent good times with Adgy and SmytheKing and they are both lovely people. they would never go to bonfire lengths. Voodoo doll, perhaps...but that won't be a first for you will it brother? And why have you forsaken the JD horror thread. I believe you are still on the hook to watch TALL MAN. You and Lagwagon are keeping me and LetTigerIn from waxing about what was a very good movie(IMO).

Dr. Naysay
October 27th, 2012, 09:26 PM
aw c'mon Doc...you make these empirical statements, it has to perturb you a bit when you are wrong. And I can honestly say that I have spent good times with Adgy and SmytheKing and they are both lovely people. they would never go to bonfire lengths. Voodoo doll, perhaps...but that won't be a first for you will it brother? And why have you forsaken the JD horror thread. I believe you are still on the hook to watch TALL MAN. You and Lagwagon are keeping me and LetTigerIn from waxing about what was a very good movie(IMO).

I have no doubt that adgy and smytheking are the loveliest of people.

I shall watch the Tall Man....

right now.

adgy-san
October 29th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I don't really care, honestly...

and I am quite lovely.

adgy-san
October 29th, 2012, 10:26 AM
A Very Close Look At The Iron Man 3 Trailer | Bleeding Cool (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/27/a-very-close-look-at-the-iron-man-3-trailer/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool +Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29&utm_content=Google+Reader)

Over-analyzing, jumping to some conclusions but some interesting stuff.

SmytheKing
October 29th, 2012, 01:12 PM
I don't really care, honestly...

and I am quite lovely.

Yeah. Same here really. I don't revel in someone being wrong.

I'm not sure if I'm lovely or dainty though.

jerseydevil
October 29th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Frank Grillo to Play Crossbones in CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER | Collider (http://collider.com/captain-america-2-winter-soldier-frank-grillo/207194/)

adgy-san
October 31st, 2012, 03:00 PM
Cobie Smulders To Return As Maria Hill In Captain America 2 | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/29/cobie-smulders-to-return-as-maria-hill-in-captain-america-2/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool +Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29&utm_content=Google+Reader)

No surprise, but still good news.

jerseydevil
November 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM
THOR 2 Dark Elves Images. First Look at the Dark Elves in THOR: THE DARK WORLD | Collider (http://collider.com/thor-2-dark-elves-images/211105/)

Interesting. The dark elves have a half black/white face...Eclipso maybe??? Thanos and then Eclipso...that would be groovy.

Dr. Naysay
November 14th, 2012, 07:24 PM
You're mixing worlds boy....

jerseydevil
November 14th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Aw crap I am ain't I.

jerseydevil
November 15th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Rumor of the Day: Could Iron Man 3 introduce another Avenger? | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2012/11/rumor-of-the-day-could-ir.php)

jerseydevil
November 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Marvel’s Delayed “Phase One” Will Now Come with Sneak Peek at “Phase Two” | Collider (http://collider.com/marvel-phase-one-avengers-box-set-phase-two/212583/)

jerseydevil
November 20th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Chris Hemsworth Talks THOR: THE DARK WORLD and ROBOPOCALYPSE | Collider (http://collider.com/chris-hemsworth-thor-2-the-dark-world-update/212629/)

jerseydevil
December 5th, 2012, 01:29 PM
AVENGERS 2 Outline Finished by Joss Whedon; Feels He Shared Banner’s Anger in THE AVENGERS | Collider (http://collider.com/avengers-2-sequel-outline-joss-whedon/215840/)

jerseydevil
December 19th, 2012, 10:26 AM
AVENGERS Screening and Joss Whedon Q&A | Collider (http://collider.com/avengers-joss-whedon/218787/)

jerseydevil
December 21st, 2012, 01:59 PM
THE AVENGERS Concept Art by Artist Andy Park | Collider (http://collider.com/the-avengers-movie-concept-art/219444/)

jerseydevil
January 2nd, 2013, 03:29 PM
Hayley Atwell Will Not Return for CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER | Collider (http://collider.com/hayley-atwell-captain-america-2-sequel-winter-soldier/221225/)

jerseydevil
January 9th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Thor 2 star details 'horrible injury' that nearly paralyzed her | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2013/01/thor-2-star-details-horri.php)

someone is getting a settlement off the books.

jerseydevil
January 10th, 2013, 02:14 PM
S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Series Details Revealed by ABC President Paul Lee | Collider (http://collider.com/shield-tv-series-paul-lee/223132/)

jerseydevil
January 11th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Joss Whedon Talks AVENGERS 2, S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Show, and Marvel (http://collider.com/joss-whedon-avengers-2-shield-marvel/223414/)

jerseydevil
January 14th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Talks THOR: THE DARK WORLD | Collider (http://collider.com/thor-2-dark-world-adewale-akinnuoye-agbaje/224084/)

A little old, but he would make a good T'Challa.

jerseydevil
January 14th, 2013, 01:20 PM
CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 Co-Star Anthony Mackie Talks Playing Falcon in THE WINTER SOLDIER; Says He’ll Be Able to Fly | Collider (http://collider.com/captain-america-winter-soldier-anthony-mackie/224026/)

jerseydevil
January 17th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Why Whedon's Avengers style had Samuel L. Jackson so confused | Blastr (http://blastr.com/2013/01/sam-jackson-says-joss-whe.php)

jerseydevil
January 21st, 2013, 04:44 PM
Toby Jones Says He Will Return in CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER | Collider (http://collider.com/toby-jones-captain-america-2-sequel/)

jerseydevil
January 22nd, 2013, 11:15 PM
IRON MAN 3 Set Video Captures Explosive Stunt Sequence | Collider (http://collider.com/iron-man-3-set-video/)

jerseydevil
January 25th, 2013, 04:45 PM
DOCTOR STRANGE Confirmed for Marvel’s Phase 3, Which Will Kick Off with Edgar Wright’s ANT-MAN | Collider (http://collider.com/doctor-strange-movie-marvel-phase-3/)

jerseydevil
February 7th, 2013, 11:28 PM
IRON MAN 3 Lego Set Images and Box Art | Collider (http://collider.com/iron-man-3-lego-images/)

adgy-san
March 5th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Joss Whedon On Planet Hulk Movie Rumours - "No, That's Nonsense" - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/05/joss-whedon-on-planet-hulk-movie-rumours-no-thats-nonsense/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool +Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29)

spjon25
March 7th, 2013, 02:02 PM
The whole Planet Hulk spin I think would have been cool. (Note- I am relatively a comic noob so please do not get on me for my lack of knowledge)

Based on what happens in Thor 2 and Iron Man 3...what do you think we could see?

Dr. Naysay
March 7th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Note- I am relatively a comic noob so please do not get on me for my lack of knowledge

http://www.directlyfitness.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Knuckle-cracking.jpg

adgy-san
March 7th, 2013, 05:25 PM
The whole Planet Hulk spin I think would have been cool. (Note- I am relatively a comic noob so please do not get on me for my lack of knowledge)

Based on what happens in Thor 2 and Iron Man 3...what do you think we could see?

In a Hulk movie?

I have no idea. I kind of hope they do something from Peter David's run, but who knows?

spjon25
March 7th, 2013, 06:47 PM
http://www.directlyfitness.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Knuckle-cracking.jpg

Hey at least I am admitting it openly. Hell, I even went to Adgy in regards to knowledge about some comics and what would be good for my son to start him on the right path. (although, I am itching to see what my Wolverine #1 is worth these days)

Dr. Naysay
March 7th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Wolverine #1

Frontrunner.

spjon25
March 7th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Had it since I originally bought it in the 80's

adgy-san
March 8th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Jon, which one of these do you have?

https://lh3.ggpht.com/-VueQLwyQ8ek/UHdmWjMDZzI/AAAAAAAABjU/3aaD4lFEyB8/s1600/3e9_2f4f3da23a.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6d/Wolverine_%28vol._1%29_1.jpg

A near-mint copy of the bottom one recently sold on eBay for $31 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-1-1st-series-NM-9-2-High-Grade-Key-Marvel-Bronze-Age-Comic-Miller-art-/121073943644?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c3091c45c) and another sold for $26 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOLVERINE-VOL-1-KEY-ISSUE-NO-1-FRANK-MILLER-1982-LIMITED-SERIES-MARVEL-COMICS-/321081314030?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ac1f00aee) and another for $46 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-Mini-Series-1-Uncirculated-NM-Must-see-/221195184757?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item338042aa75). So that's your approximate range.

The top one is worth even less. :(

jerseydevil
March 8th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Still think a variation on Planet Hulk is what they go with. Read an article where they proposed that there were plenty of opportunities to rework a lot of the story to include Bruce Banner.

adgy-san
March 8th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Mark Ruffalo Won't Hulk Out Again Until The Avengers 2... But Then? - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/07/mark-ruffalo-wont-hulk-out-again-until-the-avengers-2-but-then/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool +Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29)

Mark Ruffalo @Mruff221

I am not giving up on another stand alone HULK. But it’s not in the works right now. One never knows what the future will bring.

spjon25
March 8th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Adgy, I have the top one, and then another one where it was Marvel Presents: Wolverine and was an issue with Wolverine in one part, and then 2 other comics as well. Ah well, good things to pass on to my son. At least I have the Jim Lee Punisher War Journal#1 and a bunch of other stuff boarded and sitting in the closet

Dr. Naysay
March 8th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Adgy, I have the top one, and then another one where it was Marvel Presents: Wolverine and was an issue with Wolverine in one part, and then 2 other comics as well. Ah well, good things to pass on to my son. At least I have the Jim Lee Punisher War Journal#1 and a bunch of other stuff boarded and sitting in the closet

Why did you buy them if you're just now getting around to reading comics?

spjon25
March 8th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Because I have had them in my parents garage since I was in fifth grade. I should rephrase reading to appreciating

jerseydevil
March 8th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Joss Whedon Talks S.H.I.E.L.D., Consulting for Marvel, HULK Spin-Off Movies and the DC Universe | Collider (http://collider.com/joss-whedon-shield-series-hulk-movies/)