PDA

View Full Version : Usmnt

Pages : [1] 2

LetTigerIn
March 26th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Just about 5 hours to go until kick-off against Mexico!

Edit: Freakin' auto-caps. >:(

darby
March 26th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Draw, baby!

SuxBeingU
March 26th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Draw is a like a win on the road particularly at azteca

Dawdler
March 26th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Great result for the Nats, so proud of the team, it was difficult but they got the job done.

ucsdguy1
March 27th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Initial thoughts from the game:

- Couldn't believe Beasley got a yellow so early. Also thumbs up for him playing hurt, while playing a smart game to avoid a 2nd the rest of the way and making accurate passes out of the zone when needed.
- Omar Gonzalez: solid!
- We weren't playing much in the way of attacking at all. In that respect we won 0-0.
- Lackluster from Mexico. They will surely complain about the non-calls on Bradley and Edu. But, perhaps if they didn't fly obnoxiously every time they're touched, they might get more benefit of the doubt.
- Even if not a fluid attack, it is kind of nice to see a US team actually connect 4 or 5 quick midfield passes in a row and control some tempo.

ucsdguy1
March 27th, 2013, 08:13 AM
and panama beat honduras. the group is wide open.

Wile E.
March 27th, 2013, 09:41 AM
In addition to Gonzalez (as mentioned above), I thought Zusi and Besler had very nice games as well. Would've loved to have seen any attempt at an offensive push at any time during the game, but overall, thrilled to be leaving Azteca with a point.

Was it just me, or did anyone else think that Azteca seemed pretty tame last night? Crowd never seemed all that into it.

Cross Traffic
March 27th, 2013, 10:09 AM
I did find it amusing seeing the Mexican coaching staff going nuts at the officials after the game. Stop diving around and you might get those calls.

LetTigerIn
March 27th, 2013, 10:17 AM
In addition to Gonzalez (as mentioned above), I thought Zusi and Besler had very nice games as well. Would've loved to have seen any attempt at an offensive push at any time during the game, but overall, thrilled to be leaving Azteca with a point.

Was it just me, or did anyone else think that Azteca seemed pretty tame last night? Crowd never seemed all that into it.

After the match, a note was made that the crowd actually supported the team through the whole match and did not turn against them for not scoring. I thought that was pretty funny.

ucsdguy1
March 27th, 2013, 10:40 AM

I think the crowd was more along the line of "the team is lackluster, we'll be lackluster". But in regular fashion they still booed the US national anthem and pointed lasers at the goalkeeper. And while not in the stadium, I can only imagine certain piss bombs or cups of puke directed at the US fans.

Kingsfan626
March 27th, 2013, 04:03 PM
United States Mutant Ninja Turtles? Great another foreigner coaching the team.

mudfisher
March 27th, 2013, 04:51 PM
From now on all USA games vs central american countries should be played in the States bordering Canada. Unless its Costa Rica then it should be played in Denver.

Wile E.
March 28th, 2013, 01:26 PM
I think the crowd was more along the line of "the team is lackluster, we'll be lackluster". But in regular fashion they still booed the US national anthem and pointed lasers at the goalkeeper. And while not in the stadium, I can only imagine certain piss bombs or cups of puke directed at the US fans.

I did see a few videos of USA fans being showered with "beer"... probably piss though.

SuxBeingU
March 28th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I did see a few videos of USA fans being showered with "beer"... probably piss though.
typical no matter the location or the score for a US V Mex game

LetTigerIn
June 7th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Have never beaten Jamaica in Jamaica. Is tonight the night?

Dawdler
June 7th, 2013, 07:32 PM

so far so good, the US just need another solid 45 minutes and please no bunker

LOSTcauseZERO
June 7th, 2013, 09:54 PM

Yes. Yes it is.

ucsdguy1
June 8th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I hate not having beIN and not being able to watch the away US games.

Just not worth it to switch cable companies though.

good win, sounds like Evans saved our a$$es

MelissaGKG
June 11th, 2013, 12:40 PM
PAAANNNAAAAMMAAAAAAAAAA... Goin down.

kba4life2
June 11th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Great win. Bradley, Cameron and Altidore were beasts. Cameron and Bradley looked more in sync than the Jones-Bradley combo has ever...awesome crowd in Seattle too!

Anyone making the trek down to San Diego for the Guatemala friendly? Just picked up tickets with AO

ucsdguy1
June 12th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Good to see the US controlling the run of play, even if against Panama.

Defense still needs shoring up, there were some missed marks that easily could've been goals for a better team. Of course there were chances the US could have buried too (that Beasley show off the post would've been so sweet).

too bad Beasley misses the next game with the yellow. I'm not a fan of the 2 yellows = 1 game suspension that carries through the whole long round.

"USA ain't nothin to ***k with" is the dumbest chant in history.

I also wish everyone would stop tempting fate by saying the US has pretty much already guaranteed a spot in brazil. Still a long way to go..

MelissaGKG
June 12th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Great win. Bradley, Cameron and Altidore were beasts. Cameron and Bradley looked more in sync than the Jones-Bradley combo has ever...awesome crowd in Seattle too!

Anyone making the trek down to San Diego for the Guatemala friendly? Just picked up tickets with AO

I am hoping to be there. Evethough my heart belongs to Brasil I fully support all things American!

LetTigerIn
June 18th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Honduras. Thoughts?

kba4life2
June 18th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Ugly win, but 3 points is 3 points. The European guys looked gassed, understandably. Hopefully the young guns like Gatt and Yedlin can start to get implemented ASAP now that qualification is just about wrapped up. With the U-20 wc and the gold cup, this is an awesome summer of US soccer (by number of games at least)

ucsdguy1
June 19th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Altidore hardly gets any touches for 70 minutes, but when the ball comes in the 73rd he buries it. I swear a year or two ago with the usmnt he would've sent that 15 feet wide.

Ugly indeed, but a win. And an important one with games against costa rica and mexico upcoming in september.

ucsdguy1
June 21st, 2013, 08:07 AM
p.s. the US U-20 team gets world cup play underway today against Spain.

LetTigerIn
June 21st, 2013, 10:56 AM
Almost about to start!

LetTigerIn
July 9th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Wondo.

kba4life2
July 10th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Holden and Donovan are a class above everybody else on this roster. Against top notch teams, a midfield of Holden, Bradley and Jones could be quite effective

ucsdguy1
July 10th, 2013, 11:52 AM
I wish Gomez had started. In fact I wish the lineup the played against Guatemala had started. But I guess against Belize it didn't really matter. Saturday against Costa Rica should be fun.

Wondo is going to be Robbie Findley re-visited for the next world cup!

LetTigerIn
July 10th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I wish Gomez had started. In fact I wish the lineup the played against Guatemala had started. But I guess against Belize it didn't really matter. Saturday against Costa Rica should be fun.

Wondo is going to be Robbie Findley re-visited for the next world cup!

Cuba Saturday; Costa Rica Tuesday.

ucsdguy1
July 10th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Cuba Saturday; Costa Rica Tuesday.
really? my memory skills have faded with age.

I expect at least another 5 goal margin of victory against cuba.

kba4life2
July 21st, 2013, 03:54 PM
Watching the US smoke all of these minnows is fantastic

ucsdguy1
July 22nd, 2013, 09:05 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2940945/donovanshades.gif

good to see the US beating up on teams they should be a class above. Years ago this felt like a game the US would barely squeak out a 1-0 win. I hope the train keeps rolling.

ucsdguy1
July 25th, 2013, 09:53 AM
then boys be on a roll..

I just absolutely love Juergen's reactions..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-3dNjHekk4

not so stoked at some of the set piece defending we're seeing..

ucsdguy1
July 25th, 2013, 03:15 PM
hopefully concacaf does right and doesn't suspend juergen for sunday's final..

LetTigerIn
July 25th, 2013, 03:37 PM
While looking up information for last night's match as well as the upcoming final, I came across this blurb credited Tribune writer Don Markus of the Baltimore Sun:

The Americans will take a relatively young team into Chicago's Soldier Field on Sunday, but Coach Juergen Klinsmann and star Landon Donovan should have little trouble leading the U.S. past Panama.

No mention of Klinsmann facing possible disciplinary action, just a bunch of bubbly information about how well the USMNT is playing and a prediction for 3-1 victory. Clearly, this guy cheated on his homework, probably cobbled together a bunch of stats and info from who knows where, and pretended like he follows soccer whatsoever. Dude, it's your job to follow and know these things for real!!! Television news is too frequently garbage, but it makes me even sadder when print news shows just as little integrity. Don Markus should be ashamed.

kba4life2
July 25th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Panama has played quite solid but no "B" team in Concacaf can stop this US gold cup squad. I know it's sort of average competition, but I've never seen the US come out and completely annihilate the opposition like this. It's refreshing and a joy to watch. Win the damn thing on Sunday and then move on to recruiting Zelalem and Green!

ucsdguy1
July 26th, 2013, 08:02 PM
And just like that, concacaf rules Juergen is suspended for Sunday's final

Dawdler
July 26th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I guess Panama's offer was better then what the USNMT offered

mudfisher
July 27th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Y! SPORTS (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/concacaf-disciplinary-committee-bans-jurgen-klinsmann-gold-cup-024800395.html)

CONCACAF Disciplinary Committee Chairman: Alfredo Hawit (Honduras, who lost to the USA in game in which Klinsmann was ejected); Vice Chair: Ariel Alvarado (Panama, who faces USA in Gold Cup final).

Anyone notice any Conflict of Interest here?

So Retarded.

That Ref was awful and was clearly biased for Honduras.

Officiating crew should not be from the Region to avoid any Bias calls.

mudfisher
July 28th, 2013, 06:27 PM
USA!!!!

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ac1394dbdcca6a36cbf486633b129cd813095ac3/r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/test/2013/07/21/1374444508000-USP-Soccer-Gold-Cup-USA-vs-El-Salvador-1307211809_4_3.jpg

kba4life2
July 28th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Never any doubt. It's gonna be nice seeing Donovan back with the big boys for the qualifiers

SuxBeingU
July 28th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Props to my boy Martin Vasquez for getting the win for USMNT

ucsdguy1
July 29th, 2013, 09:02 AM
very nice of Juergen to fly back the 4 people who started the tournament and left for the final.

really sad for Holden.

Panama was a tough nut to crack. Great to get the win!

kba4life2
July 29th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Johansson! Big get for the US, I saw him play towards the end of last year with Alkmaar, very solid player. I think he immediately jumps Wondo, Gomez and Boyd and the depth chart, at least by talent.

mudfisher
July 29th, 2013, 06:11 PM
For a man to go through so many injuries in the last 4 years. This is heart breaking. He added some nice breakout and play developement for team USA.

Stuart Holden has torn right ACL - ESPN FC (http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1509797/stuart-holden-torn-right-acl?cc=5901)

mudfisher
July 31st, 2013, 09:19 AM
Now Shea is hurt.

Y! SPORTS (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/philadelphia-union-friendly-vs-stoke-000130155--mls.html)

LetTigerIn
July 31st, 2013, 12:48 PM
Now Shea is hurt.

Y! SPORTS (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/philadelphia-union-friendly-vs-stoke-000130155--mls.html)

I wonder if how long Philly fans are going to boo Matt Kassel.

kba4life2
August 6th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I started a thread in RH but figured I'd throw my hat in here for the important stuff, USMNT action! I'm going to be in San Jose for the WCQ in September...I've contacted American Outlaws for tickets/information and haven't heard a thing. Anyone know how to go about getting tickets there? Flights and everything are booked, I'll dabble with scalpers on-site if I have to but I'd rather avoid that at all costs

LetTigerIn
August 7th, 2013, 10:22 AM
I started a thread in RH but figured I'd throw my hat in here for the important stuff, USMNT action! I'm going to be in San Jose for the WCQ in September...I've contacted American Outlaws for tickets/information and haven't heard a thing. Anyone know how to go about getting tickets there? Flights and everything are booked, I'll dabble with scalpers on-site if I have to but I'd rather avoid that at all costs

SpecialTicket.net (http://specialticket.net/deporte1.html)

EDIT: Oops. Just looked at the page again, and it's sold out. I should have guessed that one. Anyway, it's a starting point.

ucsdguy1
August 7th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Not sure if you're referring to the away game or not, but you know the Sep 6 game is in San Jose, Costa Rica, not San Jose, California right? (just making sure that's what you meant!)

I wouldn't even know where to start for tickets on that one. Unless you browse the ussoccer.com website and see if there's anything there.

ucsdguy1
August 7th, 2013, 10:27 AM
excuse my double post

kba4life2
August 7th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Not sure if you're referring to the away game or not, but you know the Sep 6 game is in San Jose, Costa Rica, not San Jose, California right? (just making sure that's what you meant!)

I wouldn't even know where to start for tickets on that one. Unless you browse the ussoccer.com website and see if there's anything there.

Yeah, abroad it is. Everything on the USSF site was "sold out" right away. Christ

ucsdguy1
August 8th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Be careful.

I had a friend who flew out to see the Galaxy play Saprissa some years back. He had to leave the game at halftime as he was warned by some nice bystanders that a certain group of fans were going to go after him if he stayed.

Loved costa rica though!

kba4life2
August 8th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Be careful.

I had a friend who flew out to see the Galaxy play Saprissa some years back. He had to leave the game at halftime as he was warned by some nice bystanders that a certain group of fans were going to go after him if he stayed.

Loved costa rica though!

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't go draped in a US flag or anything...if the US actually scores there, I'm not sure of be able to contain myself!

ucsdguy1
August 9th, 2013, 03:54 PM
well if you make it good luck!

Take some pictures to show us

ucsdguy1
August 14th, 2013, 01:28 PM
holy god my body is ready for jozy altidore

mudfisher
August 14th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Jozy on fire!

ucsdguy1
August 14th, 2013, 05:09 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibjv2fKYV2g1HZ.gif

http://i.imgur.com/AXOuCdr.gif

http://i.minus.com/iuWdDGsSfBEai.gif

LetTigerIn
August 14th, 2013, 05:18 PM
His touch on Johnson's goal is equally as good as the ones he scored. It's really cool to see a player with high expectations begin to meet them. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out that way, but he now seems to have been able to take the struggles and the pressure and grow from them.

kba4life2
August 14th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Great game. Even when they were down 2-0, they were looking dangerous pretty frequently. Johansson looked great, silky silky touch

ucsdguy1
August 29th, 2013, 02:57 PM
roster named for next qualifiers

Klinsmann Calls 23 Players World Cup Qualifiers against Costa Rica and Mexico - U.S. Soccer (http://www.ussoccer.com/news/mens-national-team/2013/08/klinsmann-calls-23-players-world-cup-qualifiers-against-costa-rica-and-mexico.aspx)

KHenry14
September 2nd, 2013, 05:55 PM
This is the most important part of the notes:

A total of eight players on the U.S. roster are carrying yellow cards. Their next caution will result in a one-match suspension: Jozy Altidore, Michael Bradley, Geoff Cameron, Brad Evans, Clint Dempsey, Tim Howard, Fabian Johnson and Jermaine Jones.

Can't afford to lose anyone for the Mexico match...

ucsdguy1
September 3rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
I would absolutely love if they wrapped up qualification by winning in costa rica so the Mexico game can be lose and more for pride. But that game is going to be rough.

And is Jozy even going to play? He was held out of Sunderland's game this weekend after picking up a hamstring injury in training. I hadn't heard the extent of it..

LetTigerIn
September 3rd, 2013, 04:40 PM
I would absolutely love if they wrapped up qualification by winning in costa rica so the Mexico game can be lose and more for pride. But that game is going to be rough.

And is Jozy even going to play? He was held out of Sunderland's game this weekend after picking up a hamstring injury in training. I hadn't heard the extent of it..

Altidore has been cleared to resume training.

kba4life2
September 5th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Touched down in San Jose yesterday...anticipation and excitement for the game is palpable for sure. I'm staying a few blocks from the stadium (easy running distance should I get into any Tom Foolery!)

The area around the stadium is beautiful and slightly pretentious since it's close to the financial district. Kind of has the look of San Diego, minus the beach. If I were a betting man I'd wager for a draw...but my heart tells me we're gonna extend the win streak!

KHenry14
September 5th, 2013, 05:15 PM
No way Jozy plays against the Ticos, too dinged up. EJ starts with the new kid Johannson ready to take over should Eddie choke (a possibility). Jozy may go against El Tri however.

Would love to finally win in Costa Rica and then come back and win 2-0 in Columbus against Mexico!!

mudfisher
September 6th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Looks like USA will be playing against Costa Rica and the Mexican Ref who might/or will apply bias to help Mexico against the USA.

Mexican referee in charge with 8 U.S. players on warnings, Mexico next | ProSoccerTalk (http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/05/mexican-referee-in-charge-with-8-u-s-players-on-warnings-mexico-up-next/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs)

I'd love to have other regions officiate the games in CONCACAF. Would stop any percieved or biasness from creeping into the call of the game.

LetTigerIn
September 6th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Looks like USA will be playing against Costa Rica and the Mexican Ref who might/or will apply bias to help Mexico against the USA.

Mexican referee in charge with 8 U.S. players on warnings, Mexico next | ProSoccerTalk (http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/05/mexican-referee-in-charge-with-8-u-s-players-on-warnings-mexico-up-next/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs)

I'd love to have other regions officiate the games in CONCACAF. Would stop any percieved or biasness from creeping into the call of the game.

From the article, to add further worry:

Rodr?guez — who has come to be known by the nickname Chiquidr?cula, or Chiquimarco after the Protestant priest objected to the name because of his Christian faith — is known for his propensity to dish out cards indiscriminately. In four World Cup matches he has officiated, Rodr?guez sent off three players, including Australian Tim Cahill in what was a highly questioned decision.

In Liga MX, he was once suspended for five matches after issuing two yellow cards at the same time, one in each hand, during a January 2012 playoff series between Tigres and Santos

I and the other commenters also agree with you. Here's a good sample right off the top:

It’s a very CONCACAF thing to do. Especially since the Mexico-Honduras game is refed by a Panamanian. I just don’t understand why they can’t apply some common sense. I mean, I’m sure this guy is a good ref and I don’t he’ll be outright biased against us just to help Mexico a few days later……but why risk even the appearance of impropriety? Just get a neutral ref.

LetTigerIn
September 6th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Plus, the team has faced less than hospitable treatment according to a LA Times article.

U.S. soccer faces challenges in Costa Rica even before qualifier - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-costa-rican-fans-give-us-team-special-welcome-20130906,0,6570121.story#axzz2e7whwYeT)

At the airport the Americans were forced to endure long lines at customs and immigration rather than being fast-tracked through the process as is customary (the Costa Ricans were not given special treatment on their winter visit to the U.S.). Then the team bus was pelted with eggs on its way to the hotel.

During the week the three training sites suggested by the Costa Rican soccer federation refused to allow the U.S. access -- the team eventually wound up practicing at a dairy where someone dressed as cow in a soccer uniform repeatedly tried to harass Klinsmann by blowing an air horn during a TV interview.

Game balls the Costa Rican federation was supposed to deliver the U.S. team never arrived and on Thursday fans, organized on social media, gathered outside the team hotel to serenade the players as they tried to sleep.

Another social media campaign, this one involving taxi drivers, was being arranged in an attempt to clog the streets Friday afternoon, delaying the team's arrival at the stadium -- where more than 800 police will be deployed to keep order.

At least one U.S. player refused to criticize the gamesmanship, however.

"I love it," the Galaxy's Landon Donovan told FoxSports.com. "You'd much rather play in front of a lot of people that care than a few people that don't."

Haha. Damn, I love Landon. It's always seemed like the more aggravated you make him, the better he plays. I hope that's the case here.

kba4life2
September 6th, 2013, 10:26 AM
The police presence outside the stadium is quite impressive, I'm hopeful that'll mitigate any shenanigans. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but the game day atmospheres for countries' that give a damn about soccer is amazing. Everyone is already decked in their flags/jerseys and every passer by is honking their horn....and it's 9 hours to game time.

I bought my scalped ticket from a guy selling ice cream outside of a Wendy's. yes, you read that right. He said that roughly 50 other Americans have bought tickets directly off of him (there was a big group from Nor Cal that bought some right before me) so at least there will be some semblance of US presence in the stands. Can't wait!

ucsdguy1
September 6th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Haha. Damn, I love Landon. It's always seemed like the more aggravated you make him, the better he plays. I hope that's the case here.
although usually he gets fired up when it's "players" from the opposing teams that piss him off.

KBA - good luck and stay safe!

kba4life2
September 7th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Well, that was awful. Bradley's loss was huge obviously. The times I've seen him for Schalke, Jones has consistently been one of the better players on the field, when he puts on the US jersey though...yikes. Juergen got burned in this one for his reluctance to implement Lichaj during this cycle. He isn't Dani Alves, but his speed and endurance would've helped to clamp down that side of the field, at least a little. CR attacked Fiscal's side consistently, with great success. Dempsey looked like complete garbage. He takes way too many touches thus making any sort of counter-attacking game neutered if the ball comes to his feet...to be fair, he was miscast as a pure forward in this one.

As for the experience/atmosphere/safety stuff, everything was awesome. I marched in with AO and was somehow able to nab a spot in the first row of the field, I was right above the AODC banner. Naturally, there were police officers that covered the aisles in our section. There was a ton of bantering back and forth and objects thrown in our direction but nothing that I wasn't expecting. The Ticos were incredibly loud, however, a lot of it was manufactured. They had the lame thunder sticks going and "drum beats" on the stadium loudspeakers helping to pump in noise/lead chants a la NBA style.

All of us gringos had to wait until the crowd dispersed a bit and then the police "escorted" us out of the stadium...it was awfully nice of them, but they took straight in the middle of the major street next to the stadium! They literally walked us through the middle of the street, thus causing one hell of a traffic jam (I'm guessing there were about 250 of us). That's the only time things started to get testy with the locals, I was bombarded with a **** ton of god knows what...I can't really blame them all that much though, I would've been pissed having to wait to get home so the visiting supporters can take a stroll in the middle of the god damn street.

When I get back to Murica maybe ill throw up some video and pics. All in all, I definitely recommend the trip in the future. Costa Rica is beautiful and the people are generally quite friendly...beat Mexico and the sting from this loss will disappear immediately!

ucsdguy1
September 7th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Glad you had fun, aside from the result..

Not the end of the world, bit Mo jozy and no Bradley (questionable) against Mexico is very bad news.

And Mexico is going to be PISSED and motivated after their result last night.

Nervous.

mudfisher
September 7th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Glad you had fun, aside from the result..

Not the end of the world, bit Mo jozy and no Bradley (questionable) against Mexico is very bad news.

And Mexico is going to be PISSED and motivated after their result last night.

Nervous.

Mexico fired the coach too. So dunno how they will respond. Either pissed or shaky.

Wish USA fans would give Mexico and Costa Rica the same treatment they give our guys.

mudfisher
September 10th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Great game and great composure after the bad loss to Costa Divers.

US Qualify's for the World Cup!

http://www.ussoccer.com/~/media/a613dc02191741a1b79f8fe6d8bdee42.ashx?w=400&h=300

kba4life2
September 10th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Mexico, muhahahahaha! Anyone have plans to go to Brazil? Since none of my friends give a crap about soccer, I'm planning on heading out solo but I wouldn't mind some company!

ucsdguy1
September 11th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I thought about it, but with a 1 1/2 year old at the time it probably won't work. I'm going to wait until 2022 and try to go to Qatar! (not really)

I was very worried at first about how we would control the midfield. The wait and see approach worked. Felt in the 2nd half we went back to "let's sit back and not let mexico get any kind of rhythm, then counter attack or win a set piece". But what a corner from Donovan to Johnson! (scared the crap out of my 10 month old at that header). Johnson's "pay me" attitude with seattle should surely grow more now!

Felt like after that Mexico just didn't believe in themselves. Maybe not "scared", but definitely a "here we go again" kind of feeling. Don't see that a lot from Mexico.

Also credit to Jermaine Jones, who tracked back and covered for the defense on a few occasions to stop clear breakaways.

And whatever the USSF did for ticket purchasing, keep it up. It was really nice to see a full crowd that was almost all pro-US.

santiclaws
September 11th, 2013, 11:11 AM
U.S.-Mexico soccer match breaks record for overnight ratings - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-us-mexico-world-cup-tv-ratings-20130911,0,2393720.story)

ucsdguy1
September 11th, 2013, 01:19 PM
too soon?

https://sphotos-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1237867_10151659831402358_151144519_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1234076_10202193465302372_2063873895_n.jpg

kba4life2
September 11th, 2013, 01:21 PM
U.S.-Mexico soccer match breaks record for overnight ratings - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-us-mexico-world-cup-tv-ratings-20130911,0,2393720.story)

Fantastic. Obviously that doesn't even include Univision's numbers. ESPN has really done a great job this cycle...Fox better not blowit when they take over WC rights

ucsdguy1
September 12th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Fantastic. Obviously that doesn't even include Univision's numbers. ESPN has really done a great job this cycle...Fox better not blowit when they take over WC rights
When is that happening?

Funny enough, I finally got BeIn sports on uverse this weekend (somehow it magically appeared out of thin air, or at least i just found it). I was watching some of the honduras match, and the post-game wrap up of all the day's action across the world. I actually liked BeIn's coverage quite a bit too

kba4life2
September 12th, 2013, 11:45 PM
When is that happening?

Funny enough, I finally got BeIn sports on uverse this weekend (somehow it magically appeared out of thin air, or at least i just found it). I was watching some of the honduras match, and the post-game wrap up of all the day's action across the world. I actually liked BeIn's coverage quite a bit too

I'm pretty sure Fox has the rights to 2018 in Russia...I'm assuming ESPN will still air friendlies and qualifiers leading up to it though.

ucsdguy1
September 13th, 2013, 08:48 AM
I'm pretty sure Fox has the rights to 2018 in Russia...I'm assuming ESPN will still air friendlies and qualifiers leading up to it though.
too bad. espn and nbc sports have it right with showing the games online and on apps. fox hasn't caught on yet.

ucsdguy1
October 16th, 2013, 09:09 AM
https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/524090_10151724760392358_1018205722_n.jpg

LetTigerIn
October 16th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Happy for USA, but a little sad for Penedo.

ucsdguy1
October 16th, 2013, 03:57 PM
very sad for Penedo. I hope that doesn't screw his mind for the rest of the galaxy season.

Man it went from pandemonium to silence so quickly in that stadium. Johannsson scored and looked like he immediately regretted it!

world soccer shop already has these up:

De Nada 10.15.13 Men's T-Shirt (Dark Gray) - WorldSoccerShop.com (http://www.worldsoccershop.com/35764-fdtgusm0007-b-dsv.html)

kba4life2
October 28th, 2013, 02:28 PM
I'm a little late to the party here but it's good to see that Julian Green is going to train with the big boys. With MLS teams finally getting academy systems up and going, it's only a matter of time before "we" start producing more top level talent. Until then, thank god for the Germericans!

mudfisher
December 6th, 2013, 10:21 AM
NUTS! USA Draws Group of Death

Germany
Ghana
Portugal
USA

Team seriously needs to ramp up their game for this World Cup!

GO USA!!!

santiclaws
December 6th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I believe the term is totally ****ed

LetTigerIn
December 6th, 2013, 10:52 AM
At least it's not Group B, I guess.

ucsdguy1
December 6th, 2013, 11:53 AM
They also have to travel the most out of any team in the world cup.

Gonna be a challenge, that's for sure. Let's win all 3!

England's group is pretty tough too

Cross Traffic
December 6th, 2013, 05:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhS-i-c1XxI

Going to need a miracle to get out of that group!!!!

mudfisher
December 6th, 2013, 06:05 PM
They also have to travel the most out of any team in the world cup.

Gonna be a challenge, that's for sure. Let's win all 3!

England's group is pretty tough too

Yea, but at least MLS players will be use to travel since the MLS league travels the most amount of miles in the season.

LetTigerIn
December 6th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Game over? Nothing is over until we decide it is!

This is an opportunity. Look at it this way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjW9UXoKU2s&feature=youtu.be&t=43s

mudfisher
December 12th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Jurgen Klinsmann Signs 4-Year Extension with United States National Team (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1886719-jurgen-klinsmann-signs-4-year-extension-with-united-states-national-team)

Good Job USA!

mudfisher
March 11th, 2014, 07:27 PM
American international Stuart Holden has another knee surgery, out 6-9 months - ESPN FC (http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1747038/american-international-stuart-holden-another-knee-surgery-6-9-months?cc=5901)

Guy can't catch a break.

ucsdguy1
March 12th, 2014, 03:08 PM
no pun intended?

at least he has this..

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/resources/images/2916316.jpg

Injured Bolton Wanderers star Stuart Holden gets engaged (From This Is Lancashire) (http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/11071812.Injured_Bolton_Wanderers_star_Stuart_Hold en_gets_engaged/)

LetTigerIn
May 13th, 2014, 11:24 AM
New ESPN Series - Inside US Soccer - Debuts May 13 (http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/05/12/16/55/140512-espn-inside-us-soccer-series-premier)

JGON85
May 13th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Rosters announced.

Klinsmann Names 30-Player Preliminary Roster for 2014 FIFA World Cup - U.S. Soccer (http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/05/12/13/23/140512-mnt-prelim-roster)

Also, for those that follow MLS, new TV deal includes out of market streaming of all the games through WatchESPN.

Major League Soccer Announces New TV Deals With ESPN, Fox, Univision - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2014/05/12/major-league-soccer-announces-new-tv-deals-with-espn-fox-univision/)

ucsdguy1
May 16th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Oguchi Onyewu on U.S. World Cup camp omission: ‘I was*gutted’ | Planet Futbol - SI.com (http://soccer.si.com/2014/05/15/oguchi-onyewu-usmnt-world-cup-camp-jurgen-klinsmann/)

LetTigerIn
May 22nd, 2014, 03:18 PM
Final US roster for World Cup announced. No Donovan or Edu.

Klinsmann Names U.S. MNT (http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/05/22/16/35/140522-mnt-roster)

LetTigerIn
May 22nd, 2014, 05:15 PM
Jurgen Klinsmann explains leaving Landon Donovan off his World Cup roster | LA Galaxy (http://www.lagalaxy.com/video/2014/05/22/jurgen-klinsmann-explains-leaving-landon-donovan-his-world-cup-roster)

Cross Traffic
May 22nd, 2014, 05:38 PM
No Donovan? WTF?

Diehard
May 22nd, 2014, 07:35 PM
Well if a player from any other country semi-serious about football took a sabbatical and missed WC qualifying games, he'd have been dismissed immediately. Klinsmann sending a good message to our players that he won't tolerate any BS and that the team will be held to the same standard as other world class clubs.

Dawdler
May 22nd, 2014, 08:55 PM
Well if a player from any other country semi-serious about football took a sabbatical and missed WC qualifying games, he'd have been dismissed immediately. Klinsmann sending a good message to our players that he won't tolerate any BS and that the team will be held to the same standard as other world class clubs.

so explain Timmy Chandler and Julian Greene, Chandler has been hemming and hawing about committing to the USMNT for over a year.

Diehard
May 23rd, 2014, 01:19 AM
so explain Timmy Chandler and Julian Greene, Chandler has been hemming and hawing about committing to the USMNT for over a year.

It's precisely for players like Chandler and Greene that this message was for. They're both really young and choosing national affiliations can't have been an easy decision, especially at a stage in life where you're still trying to figure things out. Donovan on the other hand is a veteran and former captain with no nationality crises, and going on a sabbatical while you're one of the team leaders and role models for the younger players is pretty bad. Can't imagine someone like Xavi or Robben pulling such a stunt for their national teams. It's a message I doubt Chandler or Greene or any of the other youngsters will forget.

Dawdler
May 23rd, 2014, 08:17 AM
It's precisely for players like Chandler and Greene that this message was for. They're both really young and choosing national affiliations can't have been an easy decision, especially at a stage in life where you're still trying to figure things out. Donovan on the other hand is a veteran and former captain with no nationality crises, and going on a sabbatical while you're one of the team leaders and role models for the younger players is pretty bad. Can't imagine someone like Xavi or Robben pulling such a stunt for their national teams. It's a message I doubt Chandler or Greene or any of the other youngsters will forget.

so the message is we can cut you when you get older regardless of what you did for the National team but for now because you're German American you get a free pass to Brazil but be warned this can happen to you, if you take a sabbatical a year before the World Cup, I don't buy it. We all know you're history of being a Euro football fan, so you will see things from a different perspective than I, I guess we will agree to disagree that LD got ****ed by a personality conflict with the the german, I guess next you'll be defending his son and his "classy" tweet towards LD.

ucsdguy1
May 23rd, 2014, 08:41 AM
his son needs a good b***h slapping.

here's an e-mail from a buddy of mine in response to someone telling him "a 90% donovan is better than a bunch of the guys selected", that I liked

a 90% Landon should of scored and set a MLS record the first game of the season, but didn't. I can appreciate people's disappointment. Emotionally and spiritually I'm sure he's in a better place but realistically he ruined his professional career the minute he went on a sabbatical. He is an extremely gifted athlete and competent soccer player, but I don't think he matured into a professional the way others do in other professional leagues. In MLS coaches and league officials coddled him because he was the face of MLS and didn't really learn how to compete for a spot on teams, he always knew he was going to play, when Beckham came to town he struggled because he no longer was the center of attention. As a coach you want to push your players to the edges of their abilities and I'm not so sure LD liked that. I don't think JK likes or wants to give any one player too much individual attention, after all it is a team sport. As a coach I don't want that kinda headache specially with all the hoopla of the WC I would want to stay on task and not have to worry about any one particular player specially an inconsistent one. The National team is more progressive than it ever has been and change is inevitable I don't agree with it but it certainly doesn't surprise me.

Diehard
May 23rd, 2014, 03:43 PM
so the message is we can cut you when you get older regardless of what you did for the National team but for now because you're German American you get a free pass to Brazil but be warned this can happen to you, if you take a sabbatical a year before the World Cup, I don't buy it. We all know you're history of being a Euro football fan, so you will see things from a different perspective than I, I guess we will agree to disagree that LD got ****ed by a personality conflict with the the german, I guess next you'll be defending his son and his "classy" tweet towards LD.

Not going to defend his son, but anyway I see nothing wrong with sending a message that it doesn't matter who you are, you're not entitled to **** and to do whatever the **** you want even if it hurts the national team. They get a little more leeway since they're younger (which happens in a lot of other areas of life, not just football) but I guarantee you if they pull this **** when they're closer to Landon's age they'd get sacked too. I certainly wouldn't want my players to think that even if you're in a leadership role you can decide to abandon the team during stretches of time where important games are being played and not have any repercussions. Why should the team be loyal to him when he did something extremely disloyal to the team? It's not a one way street. If the US had not qualified for the World Cup because of Landon's absence I doubt he'd have as many defenders as he does right now.

empire
May 23rd, 2014, 05:18 PM
It's a four year commitment, for every player, of every team, of every country, in the world.

That's what makes it the World Cup.

kba4life2
May 26th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Now Goodson and Evans are making a bit of noise about perplexing lack of communication from the coaching staff, yikes. I like Klinnsy, his German bluntness is quite refreshing, but maybe he should brush up on those people skills a bit.

Personally, I'm pretty satisfied with the roster. Let's face it, the US isn't going to be using incisive passing to carve up anyone in their insane group so speed and crossing ability off the bench (Green, Yedlin, Davis) is probably the way to go. Parkhurst and Evans have been mildly serviceable in their careers, they're just not good enough for this team, especially with the murderers row opponents they'll be facing.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but Ghana is obviously a must win. It'll be interesting how much Klinnsman lets it rip offensively for that one.

ucsdguy1
May 28th, 2014, 08:42 AM
pretty unimpressive win last night, although Azerbaijan made Johannsson look like a star. Upcoming games against Turkey and Nigeria should be stiffer tests

LetTigerIn
May 28th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the report. I forgot to record yesterday, so I was wondering.

ucsdguy1
May 28th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the report. I forgot to record yesterday, so I was wondering.
that was the kind of game where if you made someone who dislikes soccer to watch, they're going to still really dislike soccer.

Dempsey apparently pulled up lame in warm-ups so Wondo got the start. A few bright flashes from the team here and there, but mostly I didn't see anything to instill much confidence against Ghana, Germany or Portugal.

kba4life2
May 30th, 2014, 03:52 PM
that was the kind of game where if you made someone who dislikes soccer to watch, they're going to still really dislike soccer.

Dempsey apparently pulled up lame in warm-ups so Wondo got the start. A few bright flashes from the team here and there, but mostly I didn't see anything to instill much confidence against Ghana, Germany or Portugal.

Terrible decision to play that game at Candlestick. The wind ripping through made for a sloppy game....the 2/3 empty stadium looked really bad too, it reminded me of USMNT games from the 90's. Friendlies against non sexy opponents should always be in a SSS.

King Jeffrey
June 5th, 2014, 12:11 PM
My expectations are pretty low for the US, but I'll be watching and rooting hard never the less.

Is it just me or has Bradley regressed? Is it the MLS move that Jurgen despised? He's been turning the ball over a lot the last 2 games. We need him to stand on his head for us to get out of the group stage.

USA USA USA!!!

ucsdguy1
June 5th, 2014, 01:49 PM
I think a lot of times it's the product of who he's playing with, what positioning he's being used in, and where he gravitates too. There were lots of times in the past where I've seen him spend a good portion of the game trying to cover when Jones was out of position.

Sometimes if he's got a holding midfielder behind him (perhaps a beckerman type) and he can push forward more he can easily look like the best player on the field.

King Jeffrey
June 6th, 2014, 11:00 AM
I think a lot of times it's the product of who he's playing with, what positioning he's being used in, and where he gravitates too. There were lots of times in the past where I've seen him spend a good portion of the game trying to cover when Jones was out of position.

Sometimes if he's got a holding midfielder behind him (perhaps a beckerman type) and he can push forward more he can easily look like the best player on the field.

Good point. He could use a seasoned vet like Donovan to link up with too, smh...

King Jeffrey
June 8th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Seeing Jozy's second goal yesterday gave me hope. What a screamer!..

ucsdguy1
June 8th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Was nice and I hope that restores some confidence going into the cup.

I, however have very little confidence in our back line going into the cup

King Jeffrey
June 11th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Was nice and I hope that restores some confidence going into the cup.

I, however have very little confidence in our back line going into the cup

We need to roll with the youth. Brooks has a lot of potential and I like what I've seen from Yedlin. We're not winning the Cup this time...might as well get them some experience...

mervaldez
June 11th, 2014, 07:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9_Ty7qisR0

kba4life2
June 15th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Allegedly, there are "20,000 Americans" expected to be at the game tomorrow, as per some random Brazilian newspaper. If that's the case...they'll definitely have sort of a home field advantage there. Maybe that can make the difference? Maybe. Hopefully.

Diehard
June 16th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Usa! Usa! Usa! Usa!

kba4life2
June 16th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Germany killing Portugal's goal difference can be huge....win today, tie Portugal and limit the loss against ze Germans (and pray Ghana doesn't beat Portugal and Germany) and they're in!

santiclaws
June 16th, 2014, 05:01 PM
God damn it, I thought I was done with these heart-stopping nail biters after Friday. Whew!

kba4life2
June 16th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Wow!

4everking
June 16th, 2014, 09:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Es5hjiC.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/akH6G3H.jpg

ucsdguy1
June 17th, 2014, 08:07 AM
first I was like

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/omg/oh_my_god.gif

then I was like

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/wnnng.gif

mudfisher
June 17th, 2014, 09:39 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/wnnng.gif

I love Juergen's "Passion to Win"

kba4life2
June 23rd, 2014, 07:32 PM
I needed ambien to fall asleep last night. Gut wrenching stuff. Watched the game at the Old Ship in Santa Ana...place went bonkers. Don't tell the folks in the main boards...but nothing compares to a soccer watch party...not even a cup clinching game at Tom's Urban

mudfisher
July 2nd, 2014, 03:49 AM
Someone changed Wikipedia entry for U.S. Secretary of Defense to 'Tim Howard' (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/07/tim-howard-wikipedia-united-states-secretary-of-defense)

kba4life2
July 6th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Looks like Roma are set to buy Yedlin...excellent move, if it happens. Dude was a revelation against Belgium

ucsdguy1
July 7th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Looks like Roma are set to buy Yedlin...excellent move, if it happens. Dude was a revelation against Belgium
was secretly hoping Tottenham would make a run for him :)

But good for the guy. I hope he does well.

LetTigerIn
October 10th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Well, that's it for Landon on the USMNT. Now, hopefully, he can finish his club career with another championship. Looking forward to rooting for him and the Galaxy no matter what.

bad91
April 15th, 2015, 11:33 AM
USA vs Mexico 530 tonight......Lets beer it up!!! I ll be in Hermosa!! Dos a cero!!!!

ucsdguy1
April 15th, 2015, 02:45 PM
I hate when we play Mexico. I get to be such a wreck I don't even think I really enjoy the games..

bad91
April 16th, 2015, 08:39 AM
I hate when we play Mexico. I get to be such a wreck I don't even think I really enjoy the games..

Dos a cero as usual!!

ucsdguy1
April 16th, 2015, 11:04 AM
https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/12810_889188077790669_8791571272256158478_n.jpg?oh =2a37e04b4d0f2162c70bdd5b0df34bb4&oe=55AB42BF

mudfisher
April 16th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Good Game.
Field was Awful.
Passing was Awful by both teams.
Bradley showed some signs.
Morris has some wheels.
2-0!

LetTigerIn
June 5th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Great result in today's friendly at Netherlands!!!

Netherlands 3-4 USA

mudfisher
June 5th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Great result in today's friendly at Netherlands!!!

Netherlands 3-4 USA

Yea specially after it looked like the USA was going to get put down like a lame race horse after conceding those 2 goals to make it 3-1 Netherlands.

Netherlands Defense was suspect all game though and that last 20 minutes showed huge openings where USA was breaking through.

Onward to Deutschland!

mudfisher
June 10th, 2015, 02:36 PM
All I can say is Wow about this result...Did not expect to walk in the door to seeing this result.

USA beating Germany...

Watching replay now.

VCRW
June 10th, 2015, 09:00 PM
All I can say is Wow about this result...Did not expect to walk in the door to seeing this result.

USA beating Germany...

Watching replay now.

Game winner was a beauty!

mudfisher
June 11th, 2015, 05:37 AM
After watching the game here is my thoughts.

Germany played their B+ team, they had a couple A team players but mostly B players. By the end of the game it was 50/50 A/B Players.

USA team was a definite B squad.

Germany controlled the first half and should of had a couple more goals. But USA controlled the play in the second half and just earned the 2nd goal.

Bradley seams to have found his play again over the last two games. His play against Netherlands and Germany was worlds better then his play in the World Cup and past few games.

Germany is seriously missing Philip Lahm after his retirement. They don't have his Temperament and tenacity on the backend that holds their team together.

ucsdguy1
June 11th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Look there were stretches where Holland and Germany severely outplayed the US.

But my god, winning two games against them, ON THE ROAD. I don't care how it happened, this should do wonders for the confidence of the US players.

I also loved the pro-US contingent in Germany. Very, very noticeable U-S-A chants through the game, and roars when the US came close to or did score.

Schweini can say all he wants about their fitness and "if we were really mentally in the game", but even then Germany in prior years may have walked away with such a game.

Win the Gold Cup or Bust.

Anyone watching the U-20 World Cup? Sad to see Jameison go down, but I'm hoping they can extend the run.

Ice24
June 12th, 2015, 07:19 AM
I don't like friendly games. I wish they did not have to label a soccer game. I guess FF is now going to be called a friendly.

mudfisher
June 12th, 2015, 10:20 AM
I don't like friendly games. I wish they did not have to label a soccer game. I guess FF is now going to be called a friendly.

Yedlin didn't play friendly in that game.

He tackled Ozil pretty good. There was a ton of intent even though a close look at it showing him missing Ozil. Ozil bailed/dived not to get hit it appears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgzowX4xyyY

mudfisher
July 8th, 2015, 05:34 AM
A Good USA win yesterday vs Honduras(Diving, Dirty team).

Also, the ref(Mexican) was also for his third official International game. He also appeared to not give equal calls to the play for the US that Honduras was getting. That's life for USA soccer though when playing Central American teams.

However, USA did not play anywhere close to what they did against Netherlands and Germany defensively. Honduras was much faster then those teams but technically not even close in skill. USA passes were way off and slow to transition.

Hopefully they can continue to improve in each game in this tournament.

ucsdguy1
July 10th, 2015, 01:12 PM
nasty game. More and more I'm less enthused with Altidore and Dempsey in there (even if Dempsey scored two goals). It just seems like our style of play slows down into more of the center and hope one of them does something with the ball play.

I liked our play against germany and holland. Fast movement, quick passing, potent attack.

But a win is a win.

I'm still high from the women's world cup

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQBcr58iCfbKxtSM&url=http%3A%2F%2F38.media.tumblr.com%2F47034d932e5 63b0682a5759624510138%2Ftumblr_mk6z6nVFse1rb0fwco1 _250.gif&ext=gif

mudfisher
July 13th, 2015, 10:52 AM
nasty game. More and more I'm less enthused with Altidore and Dempsey in there (even if Dempsey scored two goals). It just seems like our style of play slows down into more of the center and hope one of them does something with the ball play.

I liked our play against germany and holland. Fast movement, quick passing, potent attack.

But a win is a win.

I'm still high from the women's world cup

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQBcr58iCfbKxtSM&url=http%3A%2F%2F38.media.tumblr.com%2F47034d932e5 63b0682a5759624510138%2Ftumblr_mk6z6nVFse1rb0fwco1 _250.gif&ext=gif

I think part of this issue is both Haiti and Honduras played bunker counter attack style. This tactic was way different then what Germany and Holland do. Those teams are good enough to play defense and attack at the same time.

The attack is managed by the mid-fielders and Bradley is back to his pre-euro trip of "eh what do I do now mode". Inconsistent play, passing, and disorganized attack. If the USA team cannot clean up its quick passing in tight area it won't go far against the bigger foes in this tournament.

Ice24
July 22nd, 2015, 05:02 PM
i just sat and watched almost a full game of soccer between the Mighty Dominating Jamaica Bobsled team and the Men's USA team. Of course Jamaica won 2-1. The USA men's team, I admit is terrible. Thank goodness for the women's team. It is a great sport when it looks like some of the USA team is wearing bow-ties with their uniform.

ucsdguy1
July 27th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Looks like the Concacaf play in game for the Confederations Cup between the US and Mexico will be October 9th at the Rose Bowl. They apparently will be selling supporters groups tickets first, and the rest to the general public in September.

darby
September 3rd, 2015, 01:12 AM
I got tickets to the play in game today. Pretty excited, even though they are 2nd to last row in the stadium.

ucsdguy1
September 5th, 2015, 08:19 PM
I got mine too. I'm in 26-L row 54

And game is the 10th fixing my above post as they pushed it to Saturday

mudfisher
September 8th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Whole lots of ugly today.

Brazil came out with a A team while USA had a B+ team.

Brazil dominated possession.
Brazil was quicker.
Brazil controlled the play at all times.

I generally think Guzan is not as good as Howard. But he wasn't the problem today.

Klinnsman says we need better strikers. But our play making mid-fielders are unable to help them.

USA needs Dempsey healthy and playing over Altidore.

The wins vs Netherlands show why they were wins. Those two countries didn't play A squads and the players that did play were not in mid-season form.

KHenry14
September 9th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Well, I for one am tired with the tinkering Klinsi is doing with the lineup. A revolving door at CB, playing guys out of position like Bedoya. Enough already.

DRGinLBC
June 17th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Nice win.

notbob
June 21st, 2016, 08:05 PM
Argentina showed them what real soccer looks like

LetTigerIn
June 22nd, 2016, 06:30 AM
Looks probable that they'll get a chance to redeem themselves against Colombia on Saturday. Whether it's Chile or Colombia, though, a third-place finish would be a good result for them.

mudfisher
June 22nd, 2016, 07:53 AM
Players with Europe experience > MLS only experience.

Losing 3 players with Europe experience hurt the USA greatly for this match.

Howard is better then Guzan.

Ice24
June 22nd, 2016, 10:54 AM
Good for Argentina, they crushed those poor Americans. The only soccer I watch is when the USA plays other countries. I just wished the Argentine players would have let the Americans play with the ball more. They were such ball hogs!

mudfisher
September 7th, 2016, 05:02 AM
This kid(Christian Pulisic) has some skills and speed! He was making plays and ripping up the pitch yesterday in the USA 4-0 win over Trinidad & Tobago.

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i/?img=/media/motion/ESPNi/2016/0906/int_160906_McBride_Pulisic_a_game-changer_for_the_US/int_160906_McBride_Pulisic_a_game-changer_for_the_US.jpg&w=738&site=espnfc

LetTigerIn
September 7th, 2016, 08:21 AM
This kid(Christian Pulisic) has some skills and speed! He was making plays and ripping up the pitch yesterday in the USA 4-0 win over Trinidad & Tobago.

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i/?img=/media/motion/ESPNi/2016/0906/int_160906_McBride_Pulisic_a_game-changer_for_the_US/int_160906_McBride_Pulisic_a_game-changer_for_the_US.jpg&w=738&site=espnfc

Men in Blazers had a nice interview with him last week.

ucsdguy1
September 7th, 2016, 08:53 PM
I'm not going to get overly excited over wins among the likes of Trinidad & Tobago. But the kid looks good. Let's let him develop and not feed too much hype into a 17 year old (::cough Freddy adu ::cough). Although I guess 17 is about mid age to older for a soccer star nowadays? He seems pretty level headed and is already doing well in the bundesliga.

Up next - Mexico in the hex. We'll see how far we've come

mudfisher
November 21st, 2016, 01:35 PM
Klinsman is out. I feel that U.S. Soccer Federation President Sunil Gulati should be canned too.

mudfisher
November 22nd, 2016, 12:58 PM
So Bruce Arena is back....

ucsdguy1
November 22nd, 2016, 05:20 PM
here we go again!

at this point I think they just said "please bruce, just get us to qualify"

mudfisher
March 25th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Wow what a great game last night. There was some poor passes and turn overs but the Team really did take it to Hondorus for majority of the game.

Pulisic and Dempsey showed up.

Although Altidore didn't show up on the score sheet he really fit in well finally as an attacking forward.

Bradley was is normal anemic self but showed some good pose for that goal.

Back line needs some help though.

Now hopefully the team can pounce Panama the same way so they can move up to Second. Need Costa to lose the next game too.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/christian-pulisic.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

ucsdguy1
March 29th, 2017, 11:16 AM
well last night sure did suck.

mudfisher
March 29th, 2017, 03:24 PM
well last night sure did suck.

Only players who showed up were Howard, Pulisic, and Dempsey.

Bradley was anemic and the backline is awful.

Pulisic needs to be in the middle and not on the wing.

Without Howard the game would have been a loss.

Not having Brooks and Cameron on the back line hurt.

Question: If you could only have one of the following players on the field who would it be and why? Michael Bradley or Jermaine Jones

LetTigerIn
March 29th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Only players who showed up were Howard, Pulisic, and Dempsey.

Bradley was anemic and the backline is awful.

Pulisic needs to be in the middle and not on the wing.

Without Howard the game would have been a loss.

Not having Brooks and Cameron on the back line hurt.

Question: If you could only have one of the following players on the field who would it be and why? Michael Bradley or Jermaine Jones

That reminds me of when I first learned about moving up in rank at a karate dojo. You were given an option of either taking punch or a kick to the midsection.

If I really had to choose one or the other, I'd pick Bradley for the US. Works out on all levels for me. I think that he is better for the US than Jones at this point in their careers, and it has the added bonus of allowing Jones to put more into his time with the LA Galaxy. I also think that Bradley would fit in better with how Arena was running the midfield with the Galaxy. I don't know if Arena is going to continue that with the USMNT, though.

ucsdguy1
March 29th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Bradley. He looked a lot better against Honduras without Jones in the midfield. I swear they both look lost when playing together. Jones doesn't seem to have the legs anymore, and there's a lot of covering spreads they have to do for one another. Plus with Jones I always feel like he's two seconds away from a red card inducing tackle..

Zusi in the backline.....geeeesh (editor's note: he was not the only sore spot)

mudfisher
June 9th, 2017, 11:33 AM
USA better protect Pulisic cause Mexico is going to be cheap-shotting him all game on Sunday.

http://www.ussoccer.com/~/media/images/mnt/players/pulisic-christian/20170324-mntvhon-christian-pulisic-sliding2

mudfisher
June 12th, 2017, 04:45 AM
1-1 Draw with Mexico was an ok result.

They should have won the game. Mexico should have been playing down a man after a blatant elbow in the opening 10 minutes of the game.

Surprised by the lack of dirty play by Mexico besides the Elbow.

The El Salvadorian ref was "Meh". Really need to use refs from other federations to keep from Bias encroaching in their calls.

ucsdguy1
June 12th, 2017, 09:29 AM
there were a few elbows I thought very early on could've been at least yellows.

Bruce packed it in and it seemingly worked as Mexico could not break through. I understand the changes, short turnaround time from the T&T game, and altitude. Bunker ball just doesn't always do it for me. But a point in Azteca is a point in Azteca. That game Sep 1 against Costa Rica will be big.

mudfisher
June 12th, 2017, 10:53 AM
there were a few elbows I thought very early on could've been at least yellows.

Bruce packed it in and it seemingly worked as Mexico could not break through. I understand the changes, short turnaround time from the T&T game, and altitude. Bunker ball just doesn't always do it for me. But a point in Azteca is a point in Azteca. That game Sep 1 against Costa Rica will be big.

Sounds like Arena didn't want to lose players who are on yellows already for the CR game. So he sat them. He gambled and got a point from Mexico.

Howard is better then Guzan but he was on a Yellow card.

ucsdguy1
June 18th, 2017, 12:50 AM
I have a serious man crush on Boateng

ucsdguy1
June 18th, 2017, 12:53 AM
PS Guardado sucks and LAFC can go (#$*Q%^ themselves

mudfisher
July 20th, 2017, 07:24 AM
Glad USA won last night. They should have won by more then 2 goals.

But El Sal went full typical central american soccer dbaggery.

No Cards for this childish and stupid unsportsmanlike play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfIHzb-mfHo

mudfisher
July 22nd, 2017, 09:14 PM
USA's best Striker comes through again.

2-0 over Costa Rica.

Most likely facing Mexco for Gold Cup Gold on Wednesday unless Jamaica upset.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/18/article-2661288-1ED4DD6200000578-416_634x332.jpg

LetTigerIn
July 24th, 2017, 11:47 AM
I'm half tempted to go to Santa Clara.

mudfisher
July 24th, 2017, 12:46 PM

Who would have though that Jamaica would beat Mexico.

Should be a good game on Wednesday.

So will Mexico fire their coach?

LetTigerIn
July 24th, 2017, 03:22 PM
I liked this article a lot. It does not answer the question about Osorio, but it does give some insight to the match yesterday.

Juan Carlos Osorio feels the heat but Mexico's issues run far deeper (http://www.espnfc.com/team/mexico/203/blog/post/3163977/juan-carlos-osorio-feels-the-heat-but-mexico-issues-run-far-deeper)

ucsdguy1
July 24th, 2017, 04:04 PM
if it was on a weekend I probably would

ucsdguy1
July 24th, 2017, 05:26 PM
PS tickets are pretty darn cheap on stubhub, presumably lowering once Mexico got eliminated..

LetTigerIn
July 24th, 2017, 06:15 PM
I just had a deadline pushed up on me by almost a week! Ugh. That certainly kills any thought I had of going.

mudfisher
July 27th, 2017, 03:19 PM
So USA won the Gold Cup yesterday over Jamaica.

USA would not have won this Tournament without bringing in BDempsey, Altidore, or Howard at the post round robin stage.
- Dempsey is a beast and the team plays more confidently when he is on the field. As we saw in the last two games USA was sorta sleep walking on the attack until Dempsey stepped foot on the pitch.
- Howard is best Goalie. Sorry Guzan just can't cut it.

Morris scoring the winning goal is great but he is pretty much a one dimensional striker.

Jamaica was fast and they used it. But when they didn't have the ball and the USA wasn't turning over the ball they were pretty much at the mercy of USA.

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/685/706/hi-res-cf1b42849f8cd3da67321f6bf22295ad_crop_north.jpg?h= 533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

ucsdguy1
July 27th, 2017, 04:18 PM
Morris scoring the winning goal is great but he is pretty much a one dimensional striker.

He also got burned on Jamaica's goal. But I like a guy who has a knack for putting the ball in the net.

that first goal....oh my jozy

mudfisher
August 19th, 2017, 06:19 PM
Pulisic started off the Bundesliga again with a fantastic goal. We just need some help for him on the USA Squad.

He also got an assist in game later on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jECHavO7NMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJLypjcvJDs

ucsdguy1
October 6th, 2017, 09:15 AM
It's go time.

mudfisher
October 7th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Great game by USA last night.

The first Half was the Christian Pulisic show who was completely dominant over Panama.

Bobby Wood and Altidore were a great duo out there for the game.

The Ref was not good and missed a bunch of calls which one could have been a yellow or even a red depending on your view.

I was glad Arena pulled Pulisic out in the second as it did appear Panama was targeting him and the ref was doing jack about it.

Win on Tuesday and go to World Cup!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5firslUjXKA

ucsdguy1
October 7th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Nice to see he is go after a team.panama had no answer for pulisic, jozy and wood.

Now don't screw it up tuesday

mudfisher
October 10th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Soggy Soccer today at a flooded Stadium vs Trinidad and Tobago.

Hopefully the team that played vs Panama shows up.

Ice24
October 10th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Soggy Soccer today at a flooded Stadium vs Trinidad and Tobago.

Hopefully the team that played vs Panama shows up.

Biggest game of the year! If they can't beat that juggernaut Trinidad and Tobago then well we know...

ucsdguy1
October 10th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Biggest game of the year! If they can't beat that juggernaut Trinidad and Tobago then well we know...
Based on the conditions of the pitch they might well as get out of there 0-0

mervaldez
October 10th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Based on the conditions of the pitch they might well as get out of there 0-0

That's all we need!

mudfisher
October 10th, 2017, 06:54 PM
Welp.

Everyone sucked besides Pulisic and Yedlin.

Altidore better the others.

USA gets to watch the world cup from home.

mervaldez
October 10th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Brutal.

05/29/93
October 10th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Reaching, stretching to find any positive in this mess: Avoiding the embarrassment of going three and out next summer on the world stage.

mervaldez
October 10th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Reaching, stretching to find any positive in this mess: Avoiding the embarrassment of going three and out next summer on the world stage.

Yes, positives. We won't have to lose to Ghana now? At least for 4 years.

mudfisher
October 11th, 2017, 07:05 AM
Go Deutschland! Win it again!

ucsdguy1
October 11th, 2017, 08:26 AM
If anything, it might seriously cause everyone in the USSF to re-evaluate things from top to bottom. But who are we kidding nothing will change.

My thoughts going through the motions:
1. We saved Mexico on the last go around, they sure as hell weren't going to return the favor.
2. This was a nice big F You from Costa Rica for the snow game.
3. 2018 was a Fifa corruption fix and we should have been boycotting it anyway
4. Now we can spend 4 extra years saving money to go to Qatar! (if we qualify)
5. Field expands to 44 teams I believe in 2022 (we still may have trouble qualifying)
6. Go Iceland and whoever is playing Mexico and Costa Rica
7. At least I can watch the world cup next year relatively stress free.
8. I'm drank a lot of whiskey last night, and may or may not currently be eating whiskey oatmeal for breakfast.

and another big F U to everyone for actually making me LIKE SOMETHING TAYLOR TWELLMAN HAD TO SAY

mudfisher
October 11th, 2017, 09:51 AM
If anything, it might seriously cause everyone in the USSF to re-evaluate things from top to bottom. But who are we kidding nothing will change.

1. We saved Mexico on the last go around, they sure as hell weren't going to return the favor.
5. Field expands to 44 teams I believe in 2022 (we still may have trouble qualifying)
8. I'm drank a lot of whiskey last night, and may or may not currently be eating whiskey oatmeal for breakfast.

and another big F U to everyone for actually making me LIKE SOMETHING TAYLOR TWELLMAN HAD TO SAY

They added another spot for Concauf for the 2022 World Cup. So it will be a bit easier for USA to qualify. However, if it was the same system this year around. USA would still not make it.

Drop The Gloves
October 12th, 2017, 12:43 AM

I'll answer 1, 2, and 6 for you
1. Not sure you saw the Mexico-Honduras game. Second Honduras goal they fouled a Mexico player and the ref made no call. Third Honduras goal player was offside. Mexico did try.
2. Did you see the phantom goal Panama got that never went in, not even close? That alone cost the USA a potential spot.
6. Go Iceland, and I would be see 1 and 2 above on Costa Rica and Mexico.

And I'll add one:
USA should never have put themselves in that position.

ucsdguy1
October 12th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Yes they were inflated sarcasm. I think it's pretty obvious the US should have never been in a situation of relying on the other results.

santiclaws
October 13th, 2017, 02:46 PM
So who's going to be the next coach? I think they need Darryl Sutter. It's a 2-1 league.

ucsdguy1
September 12th, 2018, 07:30 AM
Always fun to beat Mexico, but I wasn't too down with Miazga's antics? He may have been kicked beforehand, but making fun of someone for being shorter than you? Doesn't seem cool to me.

Moog
September 12th, 2018, 11:02 AM
^^ Agreed. He should be better than that. That's bush league stuff.

ucsdguy1
September 12th, 2018, 11:42 AM
^^ Agreed. He should be better than that. That's bush league stuff.

I'm also a bit dismayed at the reaction. US fans (and pundits) seem to be saying "he really added something to the rivalry" and "well that's usa/mexico". I even read about "the maturity of Miazga".

LetTigerIn
December 6th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Gregg Berhalter Named Head Coach of U.S. Men's National Team (https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2018/12/02/11/42/20181202-news-mnt-gregg-berhalter-named-us-mens-national-team-head-coach)

Late to add this to the thread, but I thought it should be here anyway.

Moog
December 6th, 2018, 12:20 PM
I know this is sorta old news, but out of the entire world, the USMNT selected Berhalter?!?!?!

Doesn't exactly make me excited about the USMNT.

Moog
January 28th, 2019, 11:15 AM
3-0 over Panama, not a bad showing. Good start for Berhalter. Long way to go.

ucsdguy1
January 28th, 2019, 01:36 PM
3-0 over Panama, not a bad showing. Good start for Berhalter. Long way to go.

I forgot the game was on! Highlights looked like three pretty solid goals. I think they play again Saturday right?

Moog
January 28th, 2019, 01:41 PM
I forgot the game was on! Highlights looked like three pretty solid goals. I think they play again Saturday right?

Yup....vs Costa Rica.

At least this match will be in a more suited stadium (Quakes home digs)

Having the game in the gigantic Cardinals digs in AZ was just plain dumb. Place looked like a ghost town. Atmosphere was poor.
With all the soccer specific stadiums now in the USA, I don't understand why they don't play all the games in those stadiums.

kingnut
February 1st, 2019, 02:13 PM
Things are def looking up. Cant wait to see a more developed squad with the likes of Pulisic, Woods, Ebobisee(Sp) and Sargent

ucsdguy1
February 1st, 2019, 02:37 PM
I had a funny conversation with my 4 year old today as we prepare to watch Tottenham then the US game tomorrow, the difference between cities and countries and where teams are located.

As far as he knows we're cheering for a team that's in London, a 2 hour boat ride from the valley, and then for the guys who wear the american flag.

Good enough for now.

Hope for a good showing tomorrow.

Moog
March 22nd, 2019, 08:55 AM
Zardes with the "lucky" goal.

Not the best performance as a team, however Ecuador essentially parked the bus for the entire game and it was tough to go at it, but at least they came through.

ucsdguy1
March 22nd, 2019, 01:25 PM
Zardes with the "lucky" goal.

Not the best performance as a team, however Ecuador essentially parked the bus for the entire game and it was tough to go at it, but at least they came through.

ha I totally forgot about this game. Luckily my TV somehow picked up as I had scheduled the England game to tape today as "soccer"? I'll watch this weekend but any win is a good one.

kingnut
April 3rd, 2019, 05:25 PM
ha I totally forgot about this game. Luckily my TV somehow picked up as I had scheduled the England game to tape today as "soccer"? I'll watch this weekend but any win is a good one.

Finally caught up w Galaxy, USMNT and USWNT also. Aside from watching my daughters club team, that amounts to a lot of soccer to watch, LOL. Maybe Berhalter(sp) was the right pick. Better possession, but not sold on the D.

ucsdguy1
June 9th, 2019, 03:50 PM
At what point is it embarrassing, if we lose to Guyana?

LetTigerIn
June 10th, 2019, 09:02 AM
At what point is it embarrassing, if we lose to Guyana?

I am already past that point and on to "how big of a party can I throw if we beat Guyana?"

Moog
June 10th, 2019, 01:01 PM
Trainwreck

mudfisher
June 11th, 2019, 12:17 PM
USA players should not be playing in MLS if they want to represent the nation. Substandard league produces substandard players. US Soccer federation's/MLS love-affair is hurting the international players development.

I miss JK.

mudfisher
June 18th, 2019, 06:31 PM
If USA loses to Guyana today then the Coach(including staff) and the President of USA soccer should be canned....

mudfisher
June 19th, 2019, 04:53 AM
Although USA won yesterday they should have had a much easier time against Guyana.

Three players showed up the most among the starting 11.

Pulisic had his legs and was showing why he is the USA's Best player.

Arriola(1 Goal) was just an animal on the field. He was comboing with Pulisic really well throughout the game.

Boyd(2 goals), the newcomer who transferred from New Zealand to play for the USA (American Parent), looks to be a great addition who can finish and be creative in passing.

Bradley was back to typical non-decisive play and consistently dropped the ball back.

Zardes although his nose scored a goal he provided no usefulness on the field. He should not be playing. Altidore was hurt and was not on the bench.

They need to play much better if they are going to beat Panama. They play Trinadad & Tobago on Saturday and hopefully they take out some revenge for knocking them out of the World Cup race.

ucsdguy1
June 19th, 2019, 07:51 AM
Boy that Zardes sure plays a mean pinball....

Moog
June 19th, 2019, 08:21 AM
^^ ....from Soho down to Guyana,
he must have played them all.....

Moog
June 19th, 2019, 12:07 PM
BTW, even though they got the decision, USMNT does not look all that good.

mudfisher
June 22nd, 2019, 06:54 PM
Much better game today.

6-0 USA over Trinidad & Tobago

Pulisic Grade: A+ (Goal) , Best player on the USA squad proven.

Arriela Grade A+ (Goal)

Zardes (I bagged on him last post) Grade A (2 Goals)

Bradley Grade B

Altidore (Sub) Grade A

Morris (Sub) Grade A

Stephen (Goalie)Grade A

Lima Grade A

Long Grade A (2 Goals)

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/fan/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheprideoflondon.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1064033978.jpeg&c=sc&w=736&h=485

ucsdguy1
June 23rd, 2019, 02:54 PM
I was not impressed at first but seemingly got more as the game went on. Nice to see us actually press.

I still say inferior competition so far but can’t complain about the score at all.

Moog
June 24th, 2019, 08:52 AM
^^ Agreed. The squad should be running up scores on opponents like this. However, I feel against more competitive squads, the US will be in trouble.

I'm still not convinced they are "good".

mudfisher
July 1st, 2019, 05:04 AM
Uggly poor win last night.

Lack luster play.

Overall Lack of drive to finish off Curacao.

ucsdguy1
July 1st, 2019, 07:43 AM
Uggly poor win last night.

Lack luster play.

Overall Lack of drive to finish off Curacao.

I didn't even get to watch it, but sounds like exactly the way you described. I did catch the Mexico/Costa Rica game and man that was very entertaining. I couldn't see the US hanging with either, but I'm also of the utmost cup is half empty mindset with the team right now.

mudfisher
July 8th, 2019, 06:19 AM
Close game against Mexico.But fell short 1-0.

Altidore missed on a great chance.

Pulisic, Arriola, Cannon, and Mckinnie were the best USA players.

Coach Berhalter choice for starting lineup and subs was iffy.

Boyd should have started the game instead of Morris and since he wasn't he should have been brought off the bench to replace Morris but neither of these things happened.

Although the tournament didn't look good for the USA team. They did get better and better throughout the tournament which is a good sign. Yesterday's game was close and not much shenanigans that past USA vs Mexico games tend to have. Although as soon as Mexico got the lead the typical time wasting bs started.

ucsdguy1
July 8th, 2019, 08:27 AM
It had to be Jonathan Dos Santos that scored, didn't it? :)

It didn't go nearly as bad as I thought it would, but man gotta bury some of those chances.

Troyvsc
July 8th, 2019, 08:32 AM
The time wasting thing with soccer is really bothersome. Why can?t they have timed games like everyone else. It?s not like every other sport doesn?t start or stop the clock when the whistle blows or the ball/puck is out of play. Never understood the reasoning at the professional level for not conducting it this way.

Why not have VAR either for all games at the professional level?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moog
July 8th, 2019, 10:39 AM
It had to be Jonathan Dos Santos that scored, didn't it? :)

It didn't go nearly as bad as I thought it would, but man gotta bury some of those chances.

Agreed. You knew it was going to be him.

Meanwhile, I still cant understand why Antuna still has no finish. He did the same thing in this game as he has done for Galaxy.....gets into a great position, moves the ball, and then a poor cross, or out of bounds, and/or no shot. Dude has serious skills, but lacks quality finish.

The US needed to put away their chances. Too many squandered opportunities in the first half. If you don't put them in when they come up that "easy" you know you are going to lose the match.

However, it was a nice close match.

ucsdguy1
February 10th, 2020, 11:01 AM
I suppose this thread can also include the WNT. Took my 5 year old to the Olympic qualifying final at dignitary sports park yesterday. Pretty fun – very family friendly but crowd was very into the game. Rapinoe was cheered like a god. My kid yelling “come on, let’s go!” after each goal brought a tear to my eye. Just over 17,000 at the game, pretty good for a cold and off-raining Sunday afternoon.

Moog
February 10th, 2020, 04:12 PM
^^ Question, were USWNT tickets cheaper than the crazy priced men's tickets for the match a week or so ago?

Crazy that 17k show up for the USWNT....that's awesome.

US Mens soccer are horrific at selling the game.

Moog
February 10th, 2020, 04:13 PM
G's are 2-0 in the preseason after today!

ucsdguy1
February 10th, 2020, 10:16 PM
^^ Question, were USWNT tickets cheaper than the crazy priced men's tickets for the match a week or so ago?

Crazy that 17k show up for the USWNT....that's awesome.

US Mens soccer are horrific at selling the game.

I don’t know what the men’s ticket prices were (I didn’t go). Yesterday we paid $35 + fees which came to about $42 a ticket, and were in 106 row R (just left of corner flag). I think one section to the left was $40 + fees and direct midfield was $45 + fees. Maybe higher than I wanted but it was Olympic qualifying and we still had a blast.

kingnut
September 3rd, 2020, 12:28 PM
Looking fwd to the new USMNT regime.

NobleSavage
June 7th, 2021, 02:34 PM
Still a ways to go, but solid result yesterday.
extended recap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wig95n7_lks

Troyvsc
August 1st, 2021, 08:49 PM
Great effort. Bend donít break at times but overall I think the US had the best scoring chances against a Mexico team that only gave up 2 goals the entire tournament.

Go USA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moog
August 2nd, 2021, 10:35 AM
US hung tough in the first half....so many set pieces for Mexico.

Then midway through the second half, the young US team went after Mexico.

These "kids" played so very well. The earned it!

The US cupboard has a ton of quality going into world cup qualifying.

Ice24
August 2nd, 2021, 11:52 AM
Men win, Women lose, who knew?

Moog
September 7th, 2021, 11:42 AM
I want to know what happened to the team that won Gold Cup and Nations League.

Two draws....and one of them at home?!?!?!?!?