PDA

View Full Version : Hat Trick Challenge is back! Join today!

TooCool
October 21st, 2015, 10:37 AM
Dexter brought this subject up on Monday in the Shoutbox but I guess it slipped everyone's mind.

I just remembered today... so I made the league. The top scorers already have 8 Hat Tricks but it's really easy to catch up. I remember last year by the time I joined, I believe the top guy already had 15 Hat Tricks. Either way, by the time he had 35 I caught up with 30 or so.

In case you don't know what it is... it's just 3 questions per day. You have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. So just do it. You could win prizes (or so they say).

http://hattrick.nhl.com/?intcmpid=partner-nhl-fant-htc-editorial-homefantasy#/league/108882

League Name: LetsGoKings Skybox
password: lgk

FishMonger
October 21st, 2015, 10:48 AM
Like last year, I signed up, but will probably forget about it in 20 minutes.

geogirl
October 21st, 2015, 10:50 AM
There's an app that will remind you to make your picks. I installed it, but it's running really slowly. Not sure if it's the app or my sad, tired little phone.

FishMonger
October 21st, 2015, 10:53 AM
There's an app that will remind you to make your picks. I installed it, but it's running really slowly. Not sure if it's the app or my sad, tired little phone.

You make it sound so enticing.

jccawdrey
October 21st, 2015, 11:55 AM
I'm in

FishMonger
October 21st, 2015, 12:15 PM
And look! We are all tied with Kevin Weekes!

TooCool
October 21st, 2015, 12:48 PM
And look! We are all tied with Kevin Weekes!

He sure knows how to pick em!

rinkrat
October 21st, 2015, 12:56 PM
Forgot till yesterday, I'm in.

mmmcammy
October 21st, 2015, 01:19 PM
I'm in! Now let's see if I can remember to do this every day.

makemelaugh
October 21st, 2015, 02:12 PM
Like last year, I signed up, but will probably forget about it in 20 minutes.

I'm in! Now let's see if I can remember to do this every day.

I'm in, but there's a good chance I'll end the season with zero points because I'll forget to play. There's also a good chance I end up with zero points even if I don't forget to play.

I'll get a reminder on my phone, then forget about it by the time I'm in front of a computer. If one can play on a phone, I won't be able to figure it out due to that old dog/new trick brain block disease. Maybe we'll all have a chance if this thread gets new posts and stays near the top. Otherwise, we'll have to find solace in the suckage of that Kevin Weekes guy.

FishMonger
October 21st, 2015, 09:49 PM
Can we sticky this ****? I feel it's worthy.

Might get a few more to take notice, that way.

The more people that beat Kevon Weekes the funnier it is

CUP4LA
October 21st, 2015, 09:51 PM
Somehow, I'm in twice.

Dexter
October 21st, 2015, 09:52 PM
If you're worried about forgetting to do it, you can also pick days in advance.

Ecktore
October 21st, 2015, 10:02 PM
Just joined. Hardest part of this game is remembering to play.

Rawley19
October 21st, 2015, 10:02 PM
Signed up!!!

VCRW
October 21st, 2015, 11:23 PM
Better late than never. I'm in!

Hipcheck
October 22nd, 2015, 07:30 AM
Forgot about this as well....Im in!

notbob
October 22nd, 2015, 09:37 AM
For all you forgetful people, when you make your picks there is an arrow next to the date you can click on and it will take you to the next days questions.

FishMonger
October 22nd, 2015, 10:37 AM
For all you forgetful people, when you make your picks there is an arrow next to the date you can click on and it will take you to the next days questions.

But then I'll never form a habit of doing it, and forget about it all together.

Can we just sign up for a service to have Mel call us daily with a reminder and have him give us advice?

notbob
October 22nd, 2015, 10:49 AM
But then I'll never form a habit of doing it, and forget about it all together.

Can we just sign up for a service to have Mel call us daily with a reminder and have him give us advice?

just post your user info and we will make sure your picks are made

Rawley19
October 22nd, 2015, 02:11 PM
Can we please make this a sticky in the Home Ice thread?

FishMonger
October 22nd, 2015, 07:12 PM
1 for 1 so far tonight.
Go Kings!
Boo 'Nucks!

FishMonger
October 22nd, 2015, 09:44 PM
Almost there...

FishMonger
October 23rd, 2015, 10:18 AM
I don't' understand this scoring at all. I thought it was 10 points for a hat trick, but I have fewer than 10 points after getting a hat trick last night...

Oh well, at least I'm beating Kevin Weekes now.

mmmcammy
October 23rd, 2015, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I don't get how the points work. I got a hat trick last night and have 3 points????

also, which one of you is Bilbo Baggins?! I'm shadowfax......Tolkien characters unite!

TooCool
October 23rd, 2015, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I don't get how the points work. I got a hat trick last night and have 3 points????

also, which one of you is Bilbo Baggins?! I'm shadowfax......Tolkien characters unite!

Some really cool dude named John

jammer06
October 23rd, 2015, 03:26 PM
LOL Bagginses!

VCRW
October 23rd, 2015, 08:36 PM
Woo hoo! Looks like I may have made 3 correct choices on my first play tonight. Good start to the season.

notbob
October 23rd, 2015, 10:57 PM
Hat trick mitches!

CUP4LA
November 3rd, 2015, 08:25 PM
Yay! I finally got a ****ing hat trick.

TooCool
November 4th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Yay! I finally got a ****ing hat trick.

That's one more than Kevin Weekes probably.

VCRW
November 4th, 2015, 08:01 PM
I am in a hat trick slump. But I'm in good company on the chart -- tied with LGK ladies Nyssa42, geogirl and megan!

Nyssa42
November 4th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I am in a hat trick slump. But I'm good company on the chart -- tied with LGK ladies Nyssa42, geogirl and megan!

so be sure to pick the opposite of me from now on! although I am 2 for 3 so far tonight

WingHater
November 4th, 2015, 10:16 PM
I only remembered 4 days all season. Do they now not post the questions ahead of time?

CUP4LA
November 4th, 2015, 11:25 PM
****ing Corey Perry with just 6 seconds left.

TooCool
November 5th, 2015, 08:46 AM
I only remembered 4 days all season. Do they now not post the questions ahead of time?

They do, but whoever is in charge of that is slow at times. Sometimes you'll see questions posted 3-4 days in advanced. Sometimes they don't until the day of. One thing people typically complain about is that for Saturday afternoon games, they don't post until Saturday morning. So that can screw you over.

CUP4LA
November 5th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Now Jack Eichel ****ed me.

VCRW
November 13th, 2015, 12:16 PM
After the late start playing, I finally clawed my way up to the Top 10!

VCRW
December 2nd, 2015, 10:16 AM
Who is kingsagain2015? Congrats on leading our league right now!

VCRW
December 6th, 2015, 12:14 AM
Who is kingsagain2015? Congrats on leading our league right now!

Our league's leader is only 3 hattys from the lead overall. Great job!

How's everybody else doing? I am at lucky 13 and now tied for third in our LGK league. Good luck to all!

forum gold
December 6th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Our league's leader is only 3 hattys from the lead overall. Great job!

How's everybody else doing? I am at lucky 13 and now tied for third in our LGK league. Good luck to all! #7 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=7) in hattys, #5 (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=5) overall. Very impressive kingsagain2015.

VCRW
December 6th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Had a good week with 4 hattys. Up to 14 now but I don't know if I will ever catch our league leader. Dude is hot!

TooCool
December 7th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Had a good week with 4 hattys. Up to 14 now but I don't know if I will ever catch our league leader. Dude is hot!

My guesses have been terrible this year. Maybe if I stopped guessing with logic or something.

jccawdrey
December 7th, 2015, 06:34 PM
Had a good week with 4 hattys. Up to 14 now but I don't know if I will ever catch our league leader. Dude is hot! Eichel got me yesterday. Didn't figure a goal for him, but he had to score the first one and slam it in my face

16scores
December 8th, 2015, 10:33 PM
JVR killed my hat-trick!

FishMonger
December 9th, 2015, 05:02 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/1a61dbdbea6a236d65ffc767a47872ed/tumblr_inline_mkug1hdJZb1qz4rgp.png

Ack, I'm bad at this

VCRW
December 13th, 2015, 03:13 PM
After grabbing 4 hat tricks last week, I've had a bad week thus far with only 1 hatty. But I'm sitting alone in 4th place in our league and hoping to stay within striking distance.

TooCool
December 14th, 2015, 10:01 AM
At this rate I should just flip a damn coin. I pick with my heart, fail. I pick with my head, fail.

Rawley19
December 14th, 2015, 12:14 PM
At this rate I should just flip a damn coin. I pick with my heart, fail. I pick with my head, fail.

I know what you bud. I'm at the point where I annoy my daughter by saying things like, "do you think a Florida d-man will register at least one assist against the Bruins"?

TooCool
December 14th, 2015, 12:21 PM
I know what you bud. I'm at the point where I annoy my daughter by saying things like, "do you think a Florida d-man will register at least one assist against the Bruins"?

:lol:

Oh it's against the Bruins? Why yes of course not. And you'll be like.. uhh which is it?

Rawley19
December 14th, 2015, 12:29 PM
:lol:

Oh it's against the Bruins? Why yes of course not. And you'll be like.. uhh which is it?

Exactly.

FishMonger
December 17th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Anyone won a weekly prize from this?

jccawdrey
December 17th, 2015, 12:39 PM
No

TooCool
December 17th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Anyone won a weekly prize from this?

Wouldn't surprise me if there was East Coast Bias as well when awarding the prizes.

jccawdrey
December 17th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I'm doing well, but didn't know about the weekly prizes. As long as I kick the **** out of Kevin Weekes, as I did with Barney Milktoast, I'm O.K.

VCRW
December 17th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Should I feel badly that I picked the Canadiens to win today?

FishMonger
December 17th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Should I feel badly that I picked the Canadiens to win today?

Yes. Unequivocally.

jccawdrey
December 17th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Yes, you should...bad dog, bad dog

FishMonger
December 31st, 2015, 04:22 PM
Anyone else only getting 1 question for tomorrow?

The ****?

I guess they couldn't ask "Will Marchand try to slewfoot anyone" or "Will Marchand try to clip anyone" so there was no point in more than one.

TooCool
December 31st, 2015, 04:33 PM

The ****?

I guess they couldn't ask "Will Marchand try to slewfoot anyone" or "Will Marchand try to clip anyone" so there was no point in more than one.

Yep. 1 question. Make sure you check back tomorrow before the game to see if they update it. I think last month, there was one day where they had 2 questions up. Then at the last minute, they put up a 3rd question and 95% got it wrong because they well, never chose an answer for the 3rd question that popped up at the last minute.

forum gold
December 31st, 2015, 10:53 PM

The ****?

I guess they couldn't ask "Will Marchand try to slewfoot anyone" or "Will Marchand try to clip anyone" so there was no point in more than one. 2 more questions now up. Good luck.

forum gold
January 1st, 2016, 04:09 PM
Lost all 3 picks. No threat to anyone in this game.

forum gold
February 23rd, 2016, 09:40 AM
LGK Hat Trick Challenge getting very interesting heading towards the end of the season. I am Tradewinds. GKG!!

TooCool
February 23rd, 2016, 09:41 AM
Hat Trick Challenge getting very interesting heading towards the end of the season. GKG!!

I think I'm 4th in the league. All caught up!

makemelaugh
February 23rd, 2016, 11:31 AM
I think I'm 4th in the league. All caught up!

Go, TooCool, Go!
The only people I'm ahead of are the ones who forget to play, but it's still fun to try.

eddieshack23
February 23rd, 2016, 12:01 PM
I enjoy it. As far as forgetting, I turned on the reminders. And forgot a few times anyway.

TooCool ran away with it last season. He might get first again. Lots of hockey left.

forum gold
March 15th, 2016, 08:21 AM
I think I'm 4th in the league. All caught up! Congrats on taking the lead last night with 31 Hattie's. Tough last 5 days for all contestants. Shame on me for taking the Hawks. GKG!!

TooCool
March 15th, 2016, 08:40 AM
Congrats on taking the lead last night with 31 Hattie's. Tough last 5 days for all contestants. Shame on me for taking the Hawks. GKG!!

Thanks! I still keep forgetting to do it sometimes. They really need to put more than 1-2 days up at a time. The days I usually forget are Saturday/Sunday when they have those super early morning games. By the time I check in the afternoon, I can't even answer 2 out of the 3 questions. :facepalm:

And of course, some of these questions are stupid luck. Like the other day, Who will win between the Maple Leafs or Red Wings? 89% picked the Red Wings and they lost. Then last night there was a question on whether or not Johnny Hockey will score a goal. I saw that they were playing the Blues so the first instinct would be to say No right? That's what I picked and when I saw the box score, I saw that the Flames scored 5 goals! Thankfully, that's where the stupid luck kind of comes into play. He didn't score a goal. Whew.

jccawdrey
March 15th, 2016, 01:34 PM
I'm still leading one of my leagues, but my numbers are all scrambled on the NHL site. I have to rely on the weekly stats. Anyone else have this problem? If so, any idea on how to fix it?

Rusty
April 6th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Just saw the NHL is starting up the playoff bracket challenge. http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/#/picks

Is there going to be a LGK league?

TooCool
April 6th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Just saw the NHL is starting up the playoff bracket challenge. http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/#/picks

Yeah, most likely!

Nyssa42
April 6th, 2016, 02:50 PM

Yeah, most likely!

I was gonna set it up on Sunday after the Ducks lose if no one else had done it by then.

forum gold
April 7th, 2016, 07:57 AM
New thread started by Rinkrat
for NHL Brackett Challenge for LGK with the password Muzzin. GKG!!

eddieshack23
April 12th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Just a reminder, Hat Trick Challenge does continue in the playoffs, picks for the first two days are already up.

TooCool
April 12th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Just a reminder, Hat Trick Challenge does continue in the playoffs, picks for the first two days are already up.

Oh nice. Thanks for the heads up, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered to check.