PDA

View Full Version : All Things: Starz

ucsdguy1
November 2nd, 2015, 12:44 PM
I couldn't find another thread.

The premiere of Ash vs. Evil Dead was so, so groovy

jerseydevil
November 2nd, 2015, 03:02 PM
We had kept Starz in the Television thread, but the people have spoken. Black Sails coming back, Ash vs, The Missing season 2(If you haven't watched s1...PLEASE give it a look...brutal)...welcome to the big leagues Starz!

jerseydevil
November 2nd, 2015, 03:05 PM
‘Flesh and Bone’ Review: Starz’s Ballet Miniseries Quickly Dances Off Course
http://collider.com/flesh-and-bone-review-starz/

This one too. Not my cuppa, but a former Breaking Bad producer doing the Black Swan thing might be ok...

jerseydevil
November 3rd, 2015, 10:27 AM
Starz is Streaming “Ash vs Evil Dead” For Free!
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3368550/starz-is-streaming-ash-vs-evil-dead-for-free/

jerseydevil
November 3rd, 2015, 03:20 PM
Bryan Fuller’s ‘American Gods’ Series Will Be Superhero-Style Shared Universe
http://collider.com/american-gods-tv-show-bryan-fuller-starz/

jerseydevil
November 18th, 2015, 11:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11O99YTa8ak

How is it holding up? I am saving it till about the 5 episode mark...then I will semi binge.

jerseydevil
December 9th, 2015, 02:47 PM
‘American Gods': Bryan Fuller and Loretta Ramos on Book Changes, ‘Fight Club’ Influence, More
http://collider.com/american-gods-tv-show-bryan-fuller-interview/

jerseydevil
December 26th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Tonight...I finally watch the last 2 episodes of Black Sails.

Tomorrow, I start watching Ash vs the Evil Dead.

jerseydevil
December 27th, 2015, 11:57 AM
oh...

MAN.

Black Sails. I am so very glad I held those last 2. Rewatched all of s2 prior...but those last 2 episodes...WOW. Everything came together.From the ABRUPT death of Miranda Barlow to the 'becoming' of Long John Silver, it was almost toooooooo much. I think this show does itself a disservice by being on so early in the year. No Golden Globe nominations??????? Really? Toby Stephens should have been a lock. As he admits in his confession to Barlow...Flint has done some terrible terrible things. While they were done in single handed pursuit of a greater purpose, they are still some sins that just won't wash clean. And yet, Stephens has made a hard man VERY human. Flawed, unapologetic to a fault, and somehow...some way...you just can't help but root for him. That's a tricky thing to pull off. And Silver. Almost the opposite. From the beginning...he felt miscast. Unlikable, morally bankrupt...yet somehow, like he did with the crew and the daily news *THUMPTHUMP*, he has turned my opinion totally around. Flint does not exist without him, and as he is learning he does not exist without Flint and the band of pirates. Just some terrific character work. Jack and Bonny...outstanding. Max, a character I didn't buy for a while...even she is redeemed. Just terrific work across the board. And...it's such a damned beautifully shot show. AND now they are adding Ray Stevenson as Blackbeard? You have to be kidding me. If you are not watching you should be. It is one of the BEST shows on tv.
And fellow sailors, I read that the 4th season is already green lit...so that's great. My only problem...how in the HELL am I going to save the last two episodes for almost a year this time. I cannot see it happening.

jerseydevil
December 27th, 2015, 12:43 PM
And, two episodes into Ash vs Evil Dead. Just fun enough, hits the nostalgia button just enough, to overcome the obvious shortcomings. Looks/feels like a tv show in the worst ways...cheap, clunky...some not so great acting...but...

Raimi knows what folks want. Ash cracking wise. Some old school cheap tricks/practical fx...and Ash's new buddy is kinda cool. Just enough to keep it from feeling like a bad idea. Probably finish the rest today...will let you know if they can sustain the low bar.

VCRW
December 27th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Black Sails. ...If you are not watching you should be. It is one of the BEST shows on tv.

I love this show! Started watching at the beginning of Season 2 and knew I had to binge watch Season 1. Fictional characters Flint and Silver integrate perfectly with real life pirates fictionalized in the show: Anne Bonny, Benjamin Hornigold, Jack Rackham, Charles Vane, Ned Low, and Blackbeard. Can't wait for Season 3 with the introduction of Edward Teach (Blackbeard).

mmmcammy
December 27th, 2015, 01:40 PM
oh...

MAN.

Black Sails. I am so very glad I held those last 2. Rewatched all of s2 prior...but those last 2 episodes...WOW. Everything came together.From the ABRUPT death of Miranda Barlow to the 'becoming' of Long John Silver, it was almost toooooooo much. I think this show does itself a disservice by being on so early in the year. No Golden Globe nominations??????? Really? Toby Stephens should have been a lock. As he admits in his confession to Barlow...Flint has done some terrible terrible things. While they were done in single handed pursuit of a greater purpose, they are still some sins that just won't wash clean. And yet, Stephens has made a hard man VERY human. Flawed, unapologetic to a fault, and somehow...some way...you just can't help but root for him. That's a tricky thing to pull off. And Silver. Almost the opposite. From the beginning...he felt miscast. Unlikable, morally bankrupt...yet somehow, like he did with the crew and the daily news *THUMPTHUMP*, he has turned my opinion totally around. Flint does not exist without him, and as he is learning he does not exist without Flint and the band of pirates. Just some terrific character work. Jack and Bonny...outstanding. Max, a character I didn't buy for a while...even she is redeemed. Just terrific work across the board. And...it's such a damned beautifully shot show. AND now they are adding Ray Stevenson as Blackbeard? You have to be kidding me. If you are not watching you should be. It is one of the BEST shows on tv.
And fellow sailors, I read that the 4th season is already green lit...so that's great. My only problem...how in the HELL am I going to save the last two episodes for almost a year this time. I cannot see it happening.

Glad you finally finished! I've said it before and I'll say it again....season 2 of Black Sails is my favorite single season of any tv show ever. It's a beautiful show, the writing is incredible and the acting is phenomenal. Season 2 turned John Silver and Max (the two characters I liked least) into two of my favorites.

This show is INCREDIBLE and everyone needs to be watching it.

jerseydevil
December 31st, 2015, 01:43 PM
‘Black Sails’ Showrunners on Continuing Captain Flint’s Story in Season 3
http://collider.com/black-sails-season-3-jonathan-steinberg-robert-levine-interview/

mmmcammy
December 31st, 2015, 02:01 PM
I can't waaaaaaaiiiiiiit!!!

jerseydevil
January 12th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Been lucky enough to keep finding the Black Sails/Spartacus nightly marathons on Starz whilst channel surfing the past few days. And, I had forgotten just how good old Spartacus was the first 2 seasons. The first season with poor Andy Whitfield, and Gods of the Arena, which they made while waiting for him to recover, are awesome entertainment. They took the subject matter so serious. Like the bastard offspring of PBS and Skinemax. I Claudius, but with butt stuff. John Hana is soooooooo good. Lucy Lawless too. Just pure unadulterated cheese. And Black Sails...well...none better. I hate watching season 1 cause I still miss Mr. Gibbs so much. Damn you Flint.

mmmcammy
January 12th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Been lucky enough to keep finding the Black Sails/Spartacus nightly marathons on Starz whilst channel surfing the past few days. And, I had forgotten just how good old Spartacus was the first 2 seasons. The first season with poor Andy Whitfield, and Gods of the Arena, which they made while waiting for him to recover, are awesome entertainment. They took the subject matter so serious. Like the bastard offspring of PBS and Skinemax. I Claudius, but with butt stuff. John Hana is soooooooo good. Lucy Lawless too. Just pure unadulterated cheese. And Black Sails...well...none better. I hate watching season 1 cause I still miss Mr. Gibbs so much. Damn you Flint.

Ha, I've been re-watching every night too. The Season 1 finale of Spartacus is probably the most satisfying episode of television I've ever watched. Liam McIntyre did a great job stepping in as Spartacus, but god, I wish Andy Whitfield had been able to finish the whole story. He was just SO unbelievably fantastic. I forgot how great Gods of the Arena was as well. I love that damn show.

And don't even get me started on Black Sails <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

mmmcammy
January 22nd, 2016, 12:13 PM
Season 3 of Black Sails starts tomorrow. WHO'S READY?!

jerseydevil
January 22nd, 2016, 02:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imH1B_4Ge6w

ucsdguy1
January 22nd, 2016, 02:48 PM

http://i.giphy.com/l2JI5ZCVH0CKl2uDm.gif

jerseydevil
January 23rd, 2016, 12:40 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/rtbstrd1331/NEW%20ALBUM%202015/blackbeard_zps9hdvmncc.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/rtbstrd1331/media/NEW%20ALBUM%202015/blackbeard_zps9hdvmncc.jpg.html)

mmmcammy
January 25th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Gawwwwwwwd I missed Black Sails <3 <3 <3

I've watched the premiere 3 or 4 times and I'm still having some issues gathering all of my thoughts. There's A LOT of stuff brewing and I think this should be a crazy awesome season.

I just have to commend the writers again for turning John Silver from my least-liked to my absolute favorite character. The actor who plays him (Luke Arnold) and Flint (Toby Stephens) are just acting their ****ing asses off on this show. It's beautiful to watch.
I really loved how everyone was vying for the gold last season, and now that they have it, it's pretty much made everything worse. Who woulda thought? Bloodthirsty rage-monster Flint is going to be fun. Ray Stevenson as Blackbeard did not disappoint. Great introduction to him. After two seasons of all three at odds with each other at certain points, I love that Flint/Vane/Rackham are all on the same side. For now. Waiting a week between episodes is just the worst kind of torture.

Who else watched?

ucsdguy1
January 26th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Gawwwwwwwd I missed Black Sails <3 <3 <3

I've watched the premiere 3 or 4 times and I'm still having some issues gathering all of my thoughts. There's A LOT of stuff brewing and I think this should be a crazy awesome season.

I just have to commend the writers again for turning John Silver from my least-liked to my absolute favorite character. The actor who plays him (Luke Arnold) and Flint (Toby Stephens) are just acting their ****ing asses off on this show. It's beautiful to watch.
I really loved how everyone was vying for the gold last season, and now that they have it, it's pretty much made everything worse. Who woulda thought? Bloodthirsty rage-monster Flint is going to be fun. Ray Stevenson as Blackbeard did not disappoint. Great introduction to him. After two seasons of all three at odds with each other at certain points, I love that Flint/Vane/Rackham are all on the same side. For now. Waiting a week between episodes is just the worst kind of torture.

Who else watched?
That about sums it up.

Not that much in the way of action happened, but they set up many things to come. The 1 on 1 with Vane and Rackham towards the end was great.

Flint does not give a %*^&

jerseydevil
January 26th, 2016, 11:53 PM
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh I HATE that you guys are talking about it. And I have a phobia. I know if I watch this week's I am gonna jones so hard. So I am thinking I do a two-fer this weekend and I might be ok...or do I save a good run like I did last year. Ugh...I want to watch but I am paralyzed with indecision. And they are filming season 4 now...can we just get year round Black Sails????? Come on...I have been good.

ucsdguy1
January 27th, 2016, 10:06 AM
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh I HATE that you guys are talking about it. And I have a phobia. I know if I watch this week's I am gonna jones so hard. So I am thinking I do a two-fer this weekend and I might be ok...or do I save a good run like I did last year. Ugh...I want to watch but I am paralyzed with indecision. And they are filming season 4 now...can we just get year round Black Sails????? Come on...I have been good.
Holding out might not be bad. I think it would be great to watch this season all in a row.

I just have no patience and need to start watching when it airs!

mmmcammy
January 27th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Holding out might not be bad. I think it would be great to watch this season all in a row.

I just have no patience and need to start watching when it airs!

I'm with you. I'd love to hold off until the end of the season and watch every episode at once, but I just can't wait for that. Instead, I'm watching each episode first thing on Saturday when they air, then re-watching that episode about 10 times a week to tide myself over until the next episode.

jerseydevil
January 27th, 2016, 10:06 PM
Black Sails Exclusive: Zach McGowan Interview
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/zach-mcgowan/252210/black-sails-exclusive-zach-mcgowan-interview

Toby Stephens Talks Black Sails Season 3
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/black-sails/252095/toby-stephens-talks-black-sails-season-3

Black Sails Season 3: Ray Stevenson Talks Blackbeard & The Pirate’s Life
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/black-sails/252093/black-sails-season-3-ray-stevenson-talks-blackbeard-the-pirate-s-life

jerseydevil
January 28th, 2016, 12:47 PM
‘American Gods’ Has Found Its Shadow Moon in ‘The 100’s’ Ricky Whittle
http://collider.com/american-gods-tv-show-ricky-whittle-starz/

jerseydevil
February 1st, 2016, 11:25 AM
Exclusive: Bryan Fuller confirms THIS god has a huge arc in 'American Gods' 1st season
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/exclusive-bryan-fuller-confirms-this-god-has-a-huge-arc-in-american-gods-1st-season#MP184108UzAwKhtV.99

ucsdguy1
February 1st, 2016, 02:48 PM
Episode II of Black Sails was pretty good. More set-up and it's again shaping up to be one gigantic chess match.

The table conversation of what nassau used to be vs. is now was just a nice background theme arrangement for said chess match.

mmmcammy
February 1st, 2016, 10:32 PM
The production value on Black Sails is insane. The storm sequence was seriously movie quality on a tv budget. Insane.

Again, I'd like to reiterate my love of John Silver. His scene with Muldoon DESTROYED me. Captain Flint is such a fantastic character. He went from sacrificing crew members without really blinking an eye to strapping himself to the damn wheel and letting the rest of the crew ride out the storm below deck. He is just so damn complex.

I'm enjoying Blackbeard so far, but really, he's just been very "old man yells at cloud." I think I'm ready for him to start ****ing **** up. I did enjoy finding out Eleanor was the one who orchestrated him leaving in the first place. She's a damn boss. I just adore this show.

ucsdguy1
February 9th, 2016, 05:12 PM
I'm thinking next season I might have to just wait and binge jersey-style. This season is so good I'm having trouble waiting a week at a time. Saturday was yet even more episode of build-up to what will come, and I still loved it.

possible spoiler alert

the 1 on 1 between Flint and Silver was so, so good. Half the time I think Silver is just about ready to mutiny and take it on, take it over. The other half of the time I'm waiting for Flint to just toss him over the side of the boat. Yet there's a great understanding between them.

jerseydevil
February 10th, 2016, 01:32 PM
it is literally painful not to watch...and everytime I am watching something on starz I have to be on high alert...but I know it will be worth it when I can roll out the majority of the season in one glorious binge!!!!!!!!!

jerseydevil
February 12th, 2016, 11:20 AM
You Should Be Watching: ‘Black Sails,’ The Perfect Replacement For ‘Sons Of Anarchy’
http://uproxx.com/tv/why-you-should-watch-black-sails/

jerseydevil
February 13th, 2016, 05:33 PM
‘Black Sails': Ray Stevenson and Zach McGowan on Their Easy Chemistry, Season 3’s High Bar
http://collider.com/black-sails-season-3-ray-stevenson-zach-mcgowan-interview/

DAmnitall I want to watch...and read this...but I must wait...it will be worth it!

mmmcammy
February 14th, 2016, 12:41 AM
How is Black Sails so perfect? I'm not kidding when I say I love every single ****ing thing about it. Season 3 has been unreal so far. Somehow every episode manages to be better than the last and its mind-boggling.

I'll stay spoiler-free, but goddammit, this show is ****ing flawless. 100% the best thing on tv right now.

jerseydevil
February 18th, 2016, 09:48 AM
‘Walking Dead’ Alum David Morrissey Lands Lead Role in ‘The Missing’ Season 2
http://collider.com/the-missing-season-2-cast-david-morrissey/

If you have Starz and have not watched s1...DO IT NOW. It's heartbreaking and filled with tremendous acting. Trust me, Black Sails isn't the only show that Starz has.

lagwagon0
February 22nd, 2016, 08:40 PM
I binge watched all 5 episodes of Black Sails yesterday. I'm still glowing a day later.

ucsdguy1
February 22nd, 2016, 09:07 PM
No rackham no!

mmmcammy
February 22nd, 2016, 09:21 PM
PRAYING nothing happens to Jack. The Spanish are coming! Eeeeeeeeek!!

I ****ing adore this season. I'm so bummed we're already halfway through. I've said it before, but Toby Stephens is an absolutely outstanding actor. Captain Flint is one of the most unbelievably complex characters I've ever seen and Toby Stephens gets almost no recognition for acting his goddamn ass off.
This show is a damn treasure.

jerseydevil
March 2nd, 2016, 05:41 PM
‘American Gods': Bryan Fuller’s Starz Series Adds Ian McShane as Mr. Wednesday
http://collider.com/ian-mcshane-american-gods-bryan-fuller-tv-show/

Guy could do a commercial for air, and I am watching it.

ucsdguy1
March 14th, 2016, 05:14 PM
PRAYING nothing happens to Jack. The Spanish are coming! Eeeeeeeeek!!

I ****ing adore this season. I'm so bummed we're already halfway through. I've said it before, but Toby Stephens is an absolutely outstanding actor. Captain Flint is one of the most unbelievably complex characters I've ever seen and Toby Stephens gets almost no recognition for acting his goddamn ass off.
This show is a damn treasure.
This week. I mean, damn.

Rackham is still one of the best.

This show is freaking awesome.

Spoiler alert

I was genuinely pissed off when Vane got captured, and really wanted Flint to be the one to raise hell and save him. Sympathy for the pirates!

mmmcammy
March 14th, 2016, 10:16 PM
This week. I mean, damn.

Rackham is still one of the best.

This show is freaking awesome.

Spoiler alert

I was genuinely pissed off when Vane got captured, and really wanted Flint to be the one to raise hell and save him. Sympathy for the pirates!

Vane's never been one of my favorites but this season has made me really like him. I'm worried! The carriage scene with Jack and Woodes Rogers was soooooooo great. This season has just been awesome.

jerseydevil
March 17th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Emily Browning Joins ‘American Gods’ as Laura Moon
http://collider.com/emily-browning-american-gods-cast/

mmmcammy
March 21st, 2016, 12:13 PM
Can we please talk about the last episode of Black Sails?! I HAVE SO MANY FEELINGS.

Season finale Saturday! I can't believe this season is already going to be over. </3

jerseydevil
March 21st, 2016, 01:07 PM
AaAaAAaaAaaAaAaaAaaaaaAAAAAAAAAArgh, I can take it no longer...getting sooooooo hard to spoiler watch. Methinks I am bingeing this week in order to watch the damned finale'. I know I wanted to save em and savor them, but I can't f'n stand it!!!!!!!! I already can't wait for season 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmcammy
March 21st, 2016, 02:24 PM
AaAaAAaaAaaAaAaaAaaaaaAAAAAAAAAArgh, I can take it no longer...getting sooooooo hard to spoiler watch. Methinks I am bingeing this week in order to watch the damned finale'. I know I wanted to save em and savor them, but I can't f'n stand it!!!!!!!! I already can't wait for season 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT
Get caught up this week so we can discuss immediately after the finale airs on Saturday. I'm sure it'll be bat**** crazy and I'm going to need to discuss all of my feelings.

ucsdguy1
March 21st, 2016, 03:22 PM
without spoiling it,

DID THAT JUST F'N HAPPEN????

jerseydevil
March 21st, 2016, 03:33 PM
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT
Get caught up this week so we can discuss immediately after the finale airs on Saturday. I'm sure it'll be bat**** crazy and I'm going to need to discuss all of my feelings.

May not get it done exactly on time...but I plan on starting it tonight.

jerseydevil
March 23rd, 2016, 03:55 PM
‘American Gods’ TV Series Casts Its Mad Sweeney and Two Dueling Deities
http://collider.com/american-gods-tv-show-sean-harris/

ucsdguy1
March 29th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Captain Long John Silver!

mmmcammy
March 29th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Captain Long John Silver!

http://madogre.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/new-were-not-worthy-gif-474.gif

GODDAMMIT, I LOVE THIS SHOW. I need Season 4 NOW <3 <3 <3 <3

jerseydevil
April 16th, 2016, 07:45 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c179/rtbstrd1331/NEW%20ALBUM%202015/black%20sails%20ray%20stevenson_zpsjjl4a8s4.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/rtbstrd1331/media/NEW%20ALBUM%202015/black%20sails%20ray%20stevenson_zpsjjl4a8s4.jpg.ht ml)

Hung this today...hand signed at NYCC comicon and bought on Ebay

So, on my sabbatical I tucked into this. Burned through 6 episodes thinking I had 12...and realized there were only 10. Damn it.
Thoughts so far...
This show like Vikings, has grown in scope, as the network gains confidence and spends $$$$.
The ship-play is fantastic. And on my new 4k ultraHD tv...it looks better than anything. Seriously. The water scenes are breathtaking.
Ok...Mr Scott being the proprietor of the Hotel Rwanda...while it was a crafty crafty decision...if I did not LOVE this show, I might have called shenanigans.
I know, thanks ****ing internet, that Vane is gonna die. I wonder if I would have seen it coming. Now we'll never know.
Ray Stevenson surprised me a little. While I am pretty sure he has another big scene in him, Blackbeard has a weary soul I wasn't expecting. Not bad...just not what I was expecting.
This show is definitely meant for extreme repeat viewing. Not only story wise/character wise, but because it is ****ing beautifully shot. We really have reached an age where the lines of movie theater/home viewing have blurred. If Black Sails were to show on a big screen somewhere...I think I would pay for that. You can have that idea Movie Theaters.
Still have 4 more...gotta slow down and not binge em. This show deserves to be savored.

LetTigerIn
April 17th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Nope. Just gonna binge them.

… if i ever get a day off work.

orpheus
April 17th, 2016, 08:12 PM
I've been meaning to watch Black Sails, but I will start from the beginning since I haven't seen any of the seasons. :O

I meant to start on it after I caught up with Penny Dreadful, but, you know. Still, better later than never, right? :think:

Haha. Maybe, I should take a sabbatical too, well, 'sides the sabbatical from common sense that I am always on. ;)

jerseydevil
April 19th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Crispin Glover and More Are American Gods
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/161543/crispin-glover-american-gods/

jerseydevil
April 19th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Jai Courtney on Remembering Andy Whitfield with ‘Be Here Now’ and Pushing Boundaries with ‘Suicide Squad’
http://collider.com/jai-courtney-suicide-squad-be-here-now-interview/

Be Here Now: The Andy Whitfield Story documents the quest that Spartacus star Andy Whitfield took after his cancer diagnosis, in the hopes that sharing that journey might help to inspire others. In the film from Lilibet Foster, Andy and his wife, Vashti, demonstrate how you can make the most of every day, through courage, humor and love.

During this exclusive phone interview with Collider, actor Jai Courtney, who worked with Whitfield on the Starz series Spartacus, where the two became good friends, talked about what he learned about his friend by watching the finished film, what he hopes people draw from Andy’s story, trying to live in the moment in his own life, the experience of working with Whitfield on Spartacus, and why they were both each other’s heroes.

Man...this still soooooooooooooo bums me out.

roenick
April 19th, 2016, 03:11 PM
Jai Courtney on Remembering Andy Whitfield with ‘Be Here Now’ and Pushing Boundaries with ‘Suicide Squad’
http://collider.com/jai-courtney-suicide-squad-be-here-now-interview/

Man...this still soooooooooooooo bums me out.

Never finished more then the first season of Spartacus but I enjoyed it. Didn't realize that was Jai Courtney in Spartacus.

adgy-san
April 21st, 2016, 04:48 PM
Cloris Leachman, Peter Stormare And More Join American Gods As Cameras Roll (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/21/cloris-leachman-peter-stormare-and-more-join-american-gods-as-cameras-roll/)

Goddamn, this is shaping up nicely.

jerseydevil
May 6th, 2016, 03:29 PM
‘American Gods’ Actor Sean Harris Exits the Series for Personal Reasons
http://collider.com/american-gods-sean-harris-mad-sweeney/

According to Deadline, Harris did work for one week of production before plans changed. The scenes that he filmed will be reshot once a new actor is cast, suggesting that Sweeney is to have a relatively important role in the adaptation. A statement from Freemantle Media North America clarified the change and also confirmed another big switch in the series’ production plans:
“Sean Harris had to leave the American Gods production for personal reasons. He is a very talented actor and we are sad to see him go, but we wish him well. We are currently recasting the role of Mad Sweeney.

Separately, we are thrilled to welcome Jo Willems as our DP. Jo and David Slade have had a long-standing creative partnership and have collaborated on various projects. The chemistry between a director and his DP are vital and when Jo became available to join David on American Gods, we jumped at the opportunity to have him on the team.”

It was reported that the production was already falling behind schedule just two weeks in, so that combined with the apparent out-of-sync collaboration between director David Slade and director of photogaphy Brendan Glavin led to a changing of the guard. Jo Willems was the DP on the last three Hunger Games films as well as Slade’s independent Sundance film Hard Candy and his horror movie 30 Days of Night. That shorthand should go a long way toward getting the series back on track.

Interesting. Trouble in paradise, or just trying to maximize on the fly. Honestly, I am soooooo looking forward to this. Starz, while still new to the original content, has proven to be VERY solid on the stuff that works. They have had some stuff not work...but they are very ambitious. And that's good for the subscribers.

jerseydevil
May 11th, 2016, 03:29 PM
‘American Gods’: Pablo Schreiber Replaces Sean Harris as Mad Sweeney
http://collider.com/american-gods-pablo-schreiber-mad-sweeney/

jerseydevil
June 1st, 2016, 01:58 PM
‘Outlander’ Renewed for Seasons 3 and 4
http://collider.com/outlander-season-3-4-renewed/

mmmcammy
June 1st, 2016, 03:34 PM
Wake me when Black Sails is renewed.

jerseydevil
June 1st, 2016, 07:20 PM
Wake me when Black Sails is renewed.

You know I will...

LetTigerIn
June 2nd, 2016, 10:36 AM
Black Sails Season 4 was announced before Season 3 even aired.

jerseydevil
June 2nd, 2016, 01:17 PM
Black Sails Season 4 was announced before Season 3 even aired.
..yeah, like Outlander they greenlit 3/4 at the same time. So far...no word on s5, but I have to think it's a matter of when not if. I have not seen tangible proof, but I am pretty sure, despite costs, Outlander and Black Sails are the Cadillacs of the Starz original programming.

mmmcammy
June 2nd, 2016, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I'm waiting on the Season 5 renewal announcement. Season 4 was announced by this time last year sooooooooo...come on, guys. Gimme my Black Sails fix.

orpheus
June 2nd, 2016, 01:42 PM
I would like to get to Black Sails, but would have to start from the beginning since I haven't seen any of it. I know that's bad and I should feel bad. :fpalm:

I'll try to make a point of getting to it this Summer since there's less TV going on and hockey is over. I learned in life that one can reform. ;)

jerseydevil
June 2nd, 2016, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I'm waiting on the Season 5 renewal announcement. Season 4 was announced by this time last year sooooooooo...come on, guys. Gimme my Black Sails fix.

Maybe in time for SDCC. I think they are currently filming, so maybe that explains the delay. They usually show for NYCC, so we definitely should know by then.

mmmcammy
June 2nd, 2016, 02:15 PM
Maybe in time for SDCC. I think they are currently filming, so maybe that explains the delay. They usually show for NYCC, so we definitely should know by then.

They just wrapped filming last week or the week before. Not like I'm following all of the actors and writers and showrunners on Twitter hoping for any inside look at Season 4. Noooooo way. Definitely not.
I KNOW the renewal is coming, but I can't help being impatient. Black Sails is my addiction.

jerseydevil
June 3rd, 2016, 11:42 AM
‘American Gods’ Adds Gillian Anderson in Key Role
http://collider.com/american-gods-cast-gillian-anderson/

This cast is pretty massive for a Direct to cable offering. With the praise coming from Gaiman recently this has a lot of BUZZ on it. Looking forward to this.

orpheus
June 3rd, 2016, 11:50 AM
?American Gods? Adds Gillian Anderson in Key Role
http://collider.com/american-gods-cast-gillian-anderson/

This cast is pretty massive for a Direct to cable offering. With the praise coming from Gaiman recently this has a lot of BUZZ on it. Looking forward to this.

I think it's high time for me to dust off this novel! :punk:

I believe in a personal god who cares about me and worries and oversees everything I do. I believe in an impersonal god who set the universe in motion and went off to hang with her girlfriends and doesn't even know that I'm alive. I believe in an empty and godless universe of causal chaos, background noise, and sheer blind luck.

I believe that anyone who says sex is overrated just hasn't done it properly. I believe that anyone who claims to know what's going on will lie about the little things too.

I believe in absolute honesty and sensible social lies. I believe in a woman's right to choose, a baby's right to live, that while all human life is sacred there's nothing wrong with the death penalty if you can trust the legal system implicitly, and that no one but a moron would ever trust the legal system.

I believe that life is a game, that life is a cruel joke, and that life is what happens when you're alive and that you might as well lie back and enjoy it.

-American Gods, Neil Gaiman

jerseydevil
June 15th, 2016, 02:15 PM
‘American Gods’ Adds Orlando Jones To The Cast As Ian McShane’s Divine Best Buddy
http://uproxx.com/tv/american-gods-adds-orlando-jones/

Nice. I am really looking forward to this. It won't be lacking in talent.

orpheus
June 15th, 2016, 07:54 PM
?American Gods? Adds Orlando Jones To The Cast As Ian McShane?s Divine Best Buddy

This is shaping up to be epic. Piece by piece. In a tweet yesterday/today, Neil Gaiman said that the first season will cover about a third of the book. Sounds about right. It is his longest novel and there is a lot of material. It's probably my favorite of his with Anansi Boys second.

I am *still* crossing my fingers for a Sandman TV series. I know there's been talk about a Sandman movie, but that just screams TV series. If you weirdos can get a Game of Thrones series, why can't I get my Sandman series!!! :pssst: mhihi:

Lame Fun Fact: My username Orpheus was taken directly from the Sandman comics rather than mythology in general. ;)

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/e/e3/Orpheus_son_of_Dream_001.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130420083320

VCRW
June 15th, 2016, 08:21 PM
‘American Gods’ Adds Orlando Jones To The Cast As Ian McShane’s Divine Best Buddy

I just hope it retains the intelligence and perspective with which the Gaiman novel was written.

VCRW
June 15th, 2016, 08:23 PM
This is shaping up to be epic. Piece by piece. In a tweet yesterday/today, Neil Gaiman said that the first season will cover about a third of the book. Sounds about right. It is his longest novel and there is a lot of material. It's probably my favorite of his with Anansi Boys second.

I am *still* crossing my fingers for a Sandman TV series. I know there's been talk about a Sandman movie, but that just screams TV series. If you weirdos can get a Game of Thrones series, why can't I get my Sandman series!!! :pssst: mhihi:

Lame Fun Fact: My username Orpheus was taken directly from the Sandman comics rather than mythology in general. ;)

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/e/e3/Orpheus_son_of_Dream_001.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130420083320

"Ocean at the End Of the Lane" would make a fine movie.

jerseydevil
June 15th, 2016, 09:25 PM

Come on Orph...we ALLLLLLLLLL know that

makemelaugh
June 15th, 2016, 09:55 PM

I thought Orpheus was your real name. Please don't tell me you're not actually a drunk dolphin. I can only handle one disappointment at a time.

orpheus
June 15th, 2016, 10:19 PM
I thought Orpheus was your real name. Please don't tell me you're not actually a drunk dolphin. I can only handle one disappointment at a time.

I have always been a dolphin! Degree of drunkenness vary though. ;)

gescom
July 7th, 2016, 12:00 PM
I just got Starz and binged Season 1 of Ash Vs. Evil Dead. I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a dedicated thread... or there is and I just didn't notice it.

either way, this show is brilliant.

darby
July 18th, 2016, 04:17 PM
More "American Gods" news:

Dane Cook to bro it up in Bryan Fuller’s American Gods (http://www.avclub.com/article/dane-cook-bro-it-bryan-fullers-american-gods-239641)

...with Deadline reporting that stand-up comic and occasional actor Dane Cook has just been cast in the Neil Gaiman adaptation, as Shadow’s former boss and best friend Robbie.

Our First Look at AMERICAN GODS in Action is Here AT LAST! (http://nerdist.com/american-gods-shadow-wednesday-mad-sweeney-first-look-ian-mcshane-ricky-whittle-pablo-schreiber/)

http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/american-gods-ricky-whittle-pablo-schreiber-ian-mcshane.jpg

Meet Bilquis, the Goddess of Love, in New AMERICAN GODS Image (http://nerdist.com/meet-bilquis-the-goddess-of-love-in-new-american-gods-image/)
The image is pretty big, so I'll let you go through the link for it. But there's also one of Technical Boy.

And here's a recent tweet from Gillian Anderson's second day of shooting.
We'll be telling this story. (https://twitter.com/GillianA/status/748549944928251904) #Media (http://letsgokings.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Media) @AmericanGodsSTZ

jerseydevil
July 20th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Watch the NSFW ‘Ash vs Evil Dead’ Trailer Deemed Too Graphic for Comic-Con
http://collider.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-banned-comic-con-trailer/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzeJTAwqEJ4

mmmcammy
July 20th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Starz’s ‘Black Sails’ To End With Season 4
http://deadline.com/2016/07/starz-black-sails-to-end-season-4-treasure-island-prequel-1201789425/

I just teared up. I'm not afraid to admit it.
I'd rather this show ended too early than go on too long, but ****....Black Sails is, in my opinion, the best show on TV and I can't believe how much I'm going to miss it. </3 </3 </3

orpheus
July 20th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Starz is become the new ABC and breaking hearts by cancelling shows that still can go on and be good? no:

I finally started on Season 3 of Penny Dreadful and so many characters introduced which could've kept the series going on longer. *sigh*

mmmcammy
July 20th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Starz is become the new ABC and breaking hearts by cancelling shows that still can go on and be good? no:

I finally started on Season 3 of Penny Dreadful and so many characters introduced which could've kept the series going on longer. *sigh*

Don't even get me started on Penny Dreadful. That show was so good and they ****ed it up SO badly at the end. UGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

I at least have faith that Black Sails won't royally **** up their final season.

jerseydevil
July 21st, 2016, 07:31 AM
http://deadline.com/2016/07/starz-black-sails-to-end-season-4-treasure-island-prequel-1201789425/

I just teared up. I'm not afraid to admit it.
I'd rather this show ended too early than go on too long, but ****....Black Sails is, in my opinion, the best show on TV and I can't believe how much I'm going to miss it. </3 </3 </3

the language in that article is confusing. 'Strong viewership numbers', yet everything else yells cancelled. I am perplexed. I know it's a very expensive show...I would imagine that was the deciding factor. I, also, am floored and saddened by this news. Hopefully, they will conclude with the tremendous storytelling that they have exhibited so far. Damn.
Thanks for bumming me out at Comicon Starz...

darby
July 22nd, 2016, 05:55 PM
The AMERICAN GODS Trailer is Absolutely Divine (http://nerdist.com/american-gods-trailer-sdcc/)

What we don’t get? A premiere date or a look at Kristin Chenoweth, who joined the cast at their SDCC panel on Friday where it was revealed that she will play Easter. It’s a bit of a reunion of sorts for Chenoweth and Fuller, who worked together on Pushing Daisies. For those not in the know, Easter was once known as Ostara, goddess of spring, and plays a major role in some of the novel’s most climactic moments. Considering that the gods need adoration and worship (of a sort), Easter has come to embrace the jelly beans and chocolate bunnies associated with the holiday that bears her name in an effort to stay relevant (and, in some ways, alive).

GODS DAMMIT, this is gonna be good.

This has to be really good, right?

orpheus
July 22nd, 2016, 09:52 PM
The AMERICAN GODS Trailer is Absolutely Divine (http://nerdist.com/american-gods-trailer-sdcc/)

GODS DAMMIT, this is gonna be good.

This has to be really good, right?

I am *SO* optimistic that the TV series might be better than the novel! :scared:

jerseydevil
July 25th, 2016, 09:55 PM
‘Ash vs Evil Dead’ Season 2 Premiere Reaction: Welcome Home, Ashy Slashy!
http://collider.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-2-premiere-review/

jerseydevil
July 29th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Bruce Campbell Promises The ‘Worst Onscreen Death’ In TV History For Season Two Of ‘Ash Vs. Evil Dead’
http://uproxx.com/tv/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-two-violence/

jerseydevil
July 29th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Watch: ‘Ash vs Evil Dead’ Season 2 Cast on New Guest Stars, Returning Directors & More
http://collider.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-2-cast-interview/

jerseydevil
August 1st, 2016, 03:08 PM
‘The Girlfriend Experience’ Season 2 Is a Go at Starz
http://collider.com/the-girlfriend-experience-season-2-renewed/

50 Cent and Starz Team for Superhero Vigilante Series ‘Tomorrow, Today’
http://collider.com/50-cent-tomorrow-today-starz/

orpheus
August 3rd, 2016, 03:36 PM
"AMERICAN GODS": MEET NEIL GAIMAN'S DEITIES BEFORE YOU WATCH THEM ON TV

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/articles/0/0/1/header-american-gods.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/american-gods-meet-neil-gaiman-deities-before-starz-tv-series

Well, most likely to be the best project to come out about Gods since the Gods Must be Crazy.

http://cd-dvd-vault.com/img/content/gods1.jpg

Haha. :D

darby
August 3rd, 2016, 05:21 PM
‘The Girlfriend Experience’ Season 2 Is a Go at Starz
http://collider.com/the-girlfriend-experience-season-2-renewed/

I may have said this before, but this is an epically boring project about prostitution. But then, so was the movie version starring an actual porn star.

Well, most likely to be the best project to come out about Gods since the Gods Must be Crazy.

http://cd-dvd-vault.com/img/content/gods1.jpg

Haha. :D
There was a SEQUEL?

jerseydevil
August 5th, 2016, 01:54 PM
A ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Alum Gets A Villainous Grip In This ‘Ash Vs. Evil Dead’ Season 2 First Look
http://uproxx.com/tv/ash-vs-evil-dead-new-villain-sons-of-anarchy-alum/

jerseydevil
August 20th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Corbin Bernsen To Play American Gods’ Vulcan
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/18/corbin-bernsen-to-play-american-gods-vulcan/

darby
August 25th, 2016, 11:39 AM
American Gods update from the Twitterverse

#EASTER IN HER EASTER BONNET WITH ALL THE FRILLS UPON IT (https://twitter.com/BryanFuller/status/768529502427230208) @KChenoweth @andmichaelgreen @neilhimself @AmericanGodsSTZ

And there's this, which may be an early scene with Mr. Wednesday and Shadow.

http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/American-Gods-Wednesday-Moon-08252016.jpg

jerseydevil
September 8th, 2016, 12:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4TohW9E9F8

mmmcammy
September 8th, 2016, 02:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4TohW9E9F8

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii543/VioletDiaz/Reaction%20gifs/flailing.gif

jerseydevil
September 13th, 2016, 02:23 PM
'Black Sails: Season Three' Blu-ray Bound
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Starz%2FAnchor_Bay/Disc_Announcements/black-sails-season-three-bluray-bound/34972

jerseydevil
September 15th, 2016, 02:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_uqXbC7MBg

jerseydevil
September 27th, 2016, 11:57 AM
‘Ash vs Evil Dead’ Season 2 Review: The King Continues His Blissfully Gory Reign
http://collider.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-2-review/

...as well as his relationship with his salty father, Rock “****” Williams (The Six-Million Dollar Man himself Lee Majors). Amongst the sheer tonnage of sexual innuendos and gallons of blood, to say nothing of a variety of other bodily fluids, Ash vs Evil Dead quietly reveals itself as a ramshackle character study of the world’s most unlikely and distasteful hero.

And, just like that...SOLD!!!!

jerseydevil
September 27th, 2016, 06:19 PM
ASH VS EVIL DEAD Gets Even Groovier in Season 2 (Review)
http://nerdist.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-gets-even-groovier-in-season-2-review/

Bruce Campbell Reveals What It’s Like To Have a Chainsaw Hand
http://nerdist.com/bruce-campbell-reveals-what-its-like-to-have-a-chainsaw-hand/

jerseydevil
September 29th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Bruce Campbell Says When They Wheel Out the Blood Keg, Bad $*** Is Going to Happen
http://collider.com/bruce-campbell-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-2/

jerseydevil
September 30th, 2016, 01:07 PM
We Know How AMERICAN GODS Will Go Beyond Neil Gaiman’s Book (Exclusive)
http://nerdist.com/american-gods-neil-gaiman-bryan-fuller-mad-sweeney-exclusive/

jerseydevil
September 30th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Patrick Stewart on BLUNT TALK, “Make It So!” and Investigative Journalism
http://nerdist.com/patrick-stewart-on-blunt-talk-make-it-so-and-investigative-journalism/

Starts Sunday

orpheus
September 30th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Patrick Stewart on BLUNT TALK, “Make It So!” and Investigative Journalism
http://nerdist.com/patrick-stewart-on-blunt-talk-make-it-so-and-investigative-journalism/

Starts Sunday

I used to think this show was about something else, tee hee. :smoke:

jerseydevil
October 8th, 2016, 11:16 AM
“Ash vs Evil Dead” Gets Renewed For Third Season!
http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3409222/ash-vs-evil-dead-gets-renewed-third-season/

mmmcammy
October 8th, 2016, 12:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze9-ev3klVA

Oh man. I'm simultaneously so excited yet also really, really dreading this.

jerseydevil
December 6th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Black Sails: Season Three Blu-Ray Review
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/38285/blacksailsseasonthree.html

Many have said that we're living in the Golden Age of television, thanks to the influx of so many quality series over so many different platforms (network, cable, premium, and now – increasingly – via streaming). That's great if you're a lover of quality material, but also presents a problem of really good work being ignored. 'Black Sails' is one of those ignored series. It's every bit as good (and in many areas even better) than shows like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, but perhaps because its TV home is on Starz (where it's actually less popular with viewers than the inferior Outlander series), it's never gotten either the acclaim or attention it deserves. That's a shame, because 'Black Sails' is easily the best show on TV that virtually no one is watching or talking about.

...If there's a series that deserves more kudos from both fans and critics alike, it's 'Black Sails', which continues its impressive journey during this third season. With top-notch video and reference-quality audio for each episode, as well as the entertaining drama of the shows themselves, this release is highly recommended.

mmmcammy
December 6th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Black Sails: Season Three Blu-Ray Review
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/38285/blacksailsseasonthree.html

This poor underappreciated show <3 <3 <3

jerseydevil
December 6th, 2016, 03:08 PM
This poor underappreciated show <3 <3 <3

It's so damned frustrating. Starz let that show with Jeffrey Dean Morgan(Magic City?) die too. They push the hell out of Outlander, but meanwhile they leave their truly fine shows like Sails and Missing to just wither on the vine. Shameful. At least Sails got to four seasons. And since they know the end was coming, it should go out with guns blazing.

mmmcammy
December 6th, 2016, 05:07 PM
It's so damned frustrating. Starz let that show with Jeffrey Dean Morgan(Magic City?) die too. They push the hell out of Outlander, but meanwhile they leave their truly fine shows like Sails and Missing to just wither on the vine. Shameful. At least Sails got to four seasons. And since they know the end was coming, it should go out with guns blazing.

Ohhhhh I miss Magic City. I was so sad when that show was canceled! I'll never understand why they promote the hell out Outlander and yet NO ONE has heard of Black Sails. Black Sails is WAY better.

I am glad that Black Sails is ending at season 4 so they've actually *written* an ending, rather than it getting canceled or just petering out eventually, but it still bums me out we're only going to get 4 seasons of this unbelievable show.

jerseydevil
December 18th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Starz Investigates New “Missing” Mystery This February
http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3418028/starz-investigates-new-missing-mystery-february/

Hell yes. Season one was spectacularly intense, and Tch?ky Karyo is returning(his performance in s1 was epic)!

Luc SkyBomba
December 19th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Ash vs Evil Dead showrunner on why he left...

http://www.avclub.com/article/craig-digregorio-leaving-ash-vs-evil-dead-and-orig-247262?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=ShareTools&utm_campaign=default

cliffs: Rob Tapert

PS - The original ending to season 2 sounds so much better than what we ended up with

jerseydevil
December 22nd, 2016, 02:34 PM
‘American Gods’ Introduces New Character Vulcan, God of Guns
http://collider.com/american-gods-vulcan-god-of-guns/

ucsdguy1
December 22nd, 2016, 04:23 PM
Ash vs Evil Dead showrunner on why he left...

http://www.avclub.com/article/craig-digregorio-leaving-ash-vs-evil-dead-and-orig-247262?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=ShareTools&utm_campaign=default

cliffs: Rob Tapert

PS - The original ending to season 2 sounds so much better than what we ended up with
soooo much better

jerseydevil
January 29th, 2017, 12:13 PM
‘Black Sails': Toby Stephens on the Show’s Final Season and Netflix’s ‘Lost in Space’ Reboot
http://collider.com/black-sails-season-4-toby-stephens-interview/

And so the end begins...

jerseydevil
February 9th, 2017, 01:21 PM
‘The White Princess’ Trailer Completely Changes Its Heroine’s Personality (For The Better)
http://uproxx.com/hitfix/white-princess-trailer-starz/

jerseydevil
February 19th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Ok...time to get caught up. So I can watch the series Finale and spend years bemoaning how this is so ooooooooooooh underrated...

https://youtu.be/ZESEStJaeSs

notbob
February 19th, 2017, 07:55 PM
The way you guys talk about this show is almost enough to get me to pay for starz...almost

orpheus
February 19th, 2017, 08:47 PM
The way you guys talk about this show is almost enough to get me to pay for starz...almost

You should get it so you can watch American Gods with us when it starts. ;)

I got Starz when the third season of Black Sails was coming out, but there is no point in watching that before I watch the first two seasons, which I STILL haven't seen, and I love Treasure Island, and you peeps have totally sold me on the show, but I am SO unreliable. :fpalm:

The two recent shows that I feel the worst about not watching are Black Sails & The Masters of Sex. I guess you can add Westworld, but I like not getting HBO for some reason, haha.

But yeah... :fpalm:

jerseydevil
February 19th, 2017, 09:52 PM
You people are part of the problem. If you had signed on
It wouldn't be ending

jerseydevil
February 19th, 2017, 09:53 PM
Or something

orpheus
February 19th, 2017, 10:01 PM
You people are part of the problem. If you had signed on
It wouldn't be ending

Well, I know notbob is a problem. mhihi: :cheers:

You might be right though, JD. Then again, I watched Penny Dreadful and that didn't stop from it being cancelled. At this point, I don't mind that it ended as much as how it ended. I expect Black Sails to do better in that department, but yeah, Penny Dreadful.... excuse me, I have something in my eye. *runs away crying*

mmmcammy
February 20th, 2017, 03:06 PM
The first two seasons are on Netflix and Season 3 is available for rent or purchase through Apple Store, etc. if you don't want to buy Starz just for Black Sails.

I will say IT IS SO DAMN WORTH IT. Look at any of my posts and you'll see how much I love this show. The acting is just unbelievable and the production value is stunning.

And can someone please start watching Season 4?! I NEED TO DISCUSS WITH SOMEONE OTHER THAN MY SISTER. I don't know anyone else besides her who watches this glorious show.

jerseydevil
February 20th, 2017, 03:20 PM
I'm trying I'm trying...

orpheus
February 20th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Like a nerd, I am going to re-read Treasure Island soon and then start on the show. I've made up my mind. :good:

My favorite Treasure Island reference is in the Simpsons, because of course it is.

Bart fakes a book report on Treasure Island, but fails when he can't name the pirate.

https://frinkiac.com/meme/S02E01/183790.jpg?b64lines=

And then twenty some years later, he is still in the same class, now with his son, because he still hasn't read the book, lol.

https://frinkiac.com/meme/S02E01/724301.jpg?b64lines=IFdpbGwgeW91IHF1aXQgYnVnZ2luZy BtZQogYWJvdXQgdGhpcyBzdHVwaWQgcGlyYXRlPwogUHNzdC4g SXQncyBMb25nIEpvaG4KIFNpbHZlciwgRGFkLiA=

Yeah, it's pretty keen they seem to have taken a fresh spin on that book. It's a golden age for literature nerds. ;)

lagwagon0
February 20th, 2017, 06:38 PM
I got caught up with Black Sails last night. Thoughts below:

I REALLY hope they aren't trying to convince me that Max is a sympathetic character. Max and Eleanor still deserve their comeuppance and it feels like that has been completely ignored(or downplayed) this season. Other than that, the show still looks great and I'm enjoying every scene with John Silver. It's been hard to match the 3rd season overall but that's to be expected.

mmmcammy
February 22nd, 2017, 11:56 AM
Good news for Hulu subscribers who want to watch Black Sails.

Hulu Acquires Starz’s ‘Black Sails’
http://deadline.com/2017/02/hulu-acquires-starz-black-sails-streaming-rights-1201940864/

notbob
February 22nd, 2017, 11:57 AM
Good news for Hulu subscribers who want to watch Black Sails.

Hulu Acquires Starz’s ‘Black Sails’
http://deadline.com/2017/02/hulu-acquires-starz-black-sails-streaming-rights-1201940864/

awesome Netflix didnt have it streaming so i can finally watch it

orpheus
February 22nd, 2017, 03:40 PM
Black Sails was at one point streaming on Netflix, no? I think so, but I could just be imagining things.

I don't have Hulu, but I sorta want to get it soon just to watch the upcoming The Handmaid's Tale series. I just read that book and it imagines a world where women are finally put in their place. mhihi:

Haha. Oh, but seriously, it seems to be that both Hulu & Netflix complement each other, but dunno, another service to add...

I have the first Black Sails season on disc, but after watching that, I will have to figure out how to watch the rest of it. ;)

jerseydevil
February 22nd, 2017, 11:29 PM
Hulu...has more next day tv shows.
Netflix is for movies.

That being said, I have both. Cause why not. But it's all about what you want.

darby
February 24th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Coming April 30.

https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/american-gods-premiere-date.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

orpheus
March 2nd, 2017, 02:02 AM
I want to go to Iceland now. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pyZNH0nuVk

jerseydevil
March 3rd, 2017, 10:37 AM
Alejandro G. I??rritu’s Ambitious TV Series ‘The One Percent’ Dropped by Starz
http://collider.com/alejandro-g-inarritu-tv-series-the-one-percent-starz/#greg-kinnear

jerseydevil
March 4th, 2017, 12:27 AM
‘American Gods’ Uses Twitter Instead Of Trailers To Show Off New Footaget
http://uproxx.com/hitfix/american-gods-starz-twitter/

jerseydevil
March 5th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Black Sails binge-a-thon.

****, why is the best show, on any platform, ending?

orpheus
March 6th, 2017, 05:36 AM
I want to go to Iceland now. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pyZNH0nuVk

Apparently, he wrote a G-d after Tori Amos.

I think I know who....

Or it just might be a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzvm6u-eQOs

jerseydevil
March 15th, 2017, 09:43 AM
The First ‘American Gods’ Trailer Breathes Life Into Neil Gaiman’s Trippy World
http://uproxx.com/hitfix/american-gods-trailer-starz/

ucsdguy1
March 15th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Black Sails binge-a-thon.

****, why is the best show, on any platform, ending?

gaahhhhhh I don't have starz and haven't seen any of the final season!!!

jerseydevil
March 30th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Watch: ‘American Gods’ Opening Credits Explore the Interface of Religion and Technology
http://collider.com/american-gods-opening-credits-video-starz/

mmmcammy
March 30th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Who's ready for the Black Sails series finale this Sunday? BECAUSE I'M NOT.

*cries forever*

lagwagon0
March 30th, 2017, 07:42 PM
Who's ready for the Black Sails series finale this Sunday? BECAUSE I'M NOT.

*cries forever*

I'm one episode behind but I'm going to watch it and the finale together Sunday night. Happy and yet disappointed it's coming to a end.

mmmcammy
April 2nd, 2017, 11:18 PM
Black Sails series finale was ****ing perfection. Not like I expected anything less...

jerseydevil
April 3rd, 2017, 09:29 AM
‘Black Sails’ Showrunners on the Series Finale, Why They Didn’t Do ‘Treasure Island’, and More
http://collider.com/black-sails-series-finale-explained/

Working on it Cammy. Hopefully i'll post my eulogy by the end of the week. Torn between wanting to catch up, and savoring every minute.

mmmcammy
April 3rd, 2017, 12:42 PM
‘Black Sails’ Showrunners on the Series Finale, Why They Didn’t Do ‘Treasure Island’, and More
http://collider.com/black-sails-series-finale-explained/

Working on it Cammy. Hopefully i'll post my eulogy by the end of the week. Torn between wanting to catch up, and savoring every minute.

I feel ya! Don't want to post any spoilers until all 3? 4? of us in here have watched. Would love to discuss when everyone's caught up!

comprar
April 4th, 2017, 07:35 AM

orpheus
April 7th, 2017, 02:45 PM
I am almost done re-reading the book!

Behind the scenes of 'American Gods': 'Sorry about all the blood!'

https://www.cnet.com/news/american-gods-cast-q-a-neil-gaiman-ian-mcshane-emily-browning/

jerseydevil
April 13th, 2017, 12:50 PM
‘The White Princess’ Writer and Director on Power, Violence, & Women on Top
http://collider.com/the-white-princess-emma-frost-jamie-payne-interview/

orpheus
April 16th, 2017, 08:52 PM
American Gods Advance Review: We’re Not Worthy

http://gossipandgab.com/132277/american-gods-advance-review-were-not-worthy?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

jerseydevil
April 17th, 2017, 09:37 AM
AMERICAN GODS WILL TEST YOUR SENSES LIKE NO SHOW BEFORE (REVIEW)
http://nerdist.com/american-gods-worships-audacity-and-tests-your-senses-review/

And to anyone who feels dissuaded after the pilot to continue, I will simply say this: keep going. Stick with it. Episodes three and four are particular highlights in terms of storytelling strength, and—we promise—ultimately inform the understanding of just what in the heck happened in the episodes prior. Plus: it just gets fun. American Gods, like America, is still in its infancy in the grand scheme of things. It is wholly worth your worship this TV season. We don’t want to try and predict the future, but it’s sure to be one of the best of 2017.

jerseydevil
April 19th, 2017, 09:41 AM
AMERICAN GODS: A BOOK-TO-TV PRIMER
http://nerdist.com/american-gods-book-to-tv-primer/

jerseydevil
April 20th, 2017, 12:14 PM
https://youtu.be/MN_VRv0wOYA

NobleSavage
April 20th, 2017, 09:20 PM
Ok. I started binge watching Black Sails a few days ago.
I have tried to avoid any spoilers by reading this thread too much.
Here comes the moment of shame. . . I have never read Treasure Island.
It took me until ep 4 to figure out that John Silver was not a nod to the book, it was the book.
Here comes my question. . .
Will reading Treasure Island at this late point ruin or enhance my (so far) enjoyment of Black Sails?

jerseydevil
April 30th, 2017, 01:10 PM
‘American Gods’ Creators Bryan Fuller & Michael Green on Adapting Neil Gaiman’s Beloved Novel
http://collider.com/american-gods-bryan-fuller-michael-green-interview/#images

STARTS TONIGHT

nocturn
May 1st, 2017, 04:33 AM
Watched the first three episodes of The White Princess and its good, but lacking.

Wont go into detail. I don't want to spoil anyone that hasn't watched it. Its definitely worth a watch but don't expect GoT. It falls wayyyy short of that benchmark.

darby
May 1st, 2017, 09:39 AM
If I didn't already know what was going on in "American Gods," I would have NO effing idea what was going on in "American Gods."

But in a good way.

RockPile
May 1st, 2017, 09:49 AM
Ok. I started binge watching Black Sails a few days ago.
I have tried to avoid any spoilers by reading this thread too much.
Here comes the moment of shame. . . I have never read Treasure Island.
It took me until ep 4 to figure out that John Silver was not a nod to the book, it was the book.
Here comes my question. . .
Will reading Treasure Island at this late point ruin or enhance my (so far) enjoyment of Black Sails?

I'm just now watching it from the beginning so, whatever. Black Sails was originally designed as a sort of prequel to Treasure Island, but this link qualifies that a bit.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/black-sails/259056/black-sails-a-treasure-island-spin-off-might-happen

It doesn't sound like they are wholly committed to having the series true up to the book when they finally do meet. Personally, I'd enjoy the book wholly in its own setting and merits, but then again, I'd say that about almost any film/book combo. For example, I enormously enjoyed the Expanse book and Syfy channel series, but they had different tones and feels to me, even though the series was pretty faithful to the book.

orpheus
May 1st, 2017, 09:49 AM
If I didn't already know what was going on in "American Gods," I would have NO effing idea what was going on in "American Gods."

But in a good way.

Right?

It does help if one has read the book. Thankfully I re-read it recently. ;)

Hopefully, my geek bias isn't affecting me, haha, but the first ep was really good and I am excited to see where it goes. It is drawling a lot from the novel, including actual lines, like something something about dying with something something in her mouth, lol. ;)

Y'all should be watching this along with us. Especially, you Notbob. mhihi: ;)

nocturn
May 4th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Okay, American Gods.

What the F*** did I just watch?

orpheus
May 4th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Okay, American Gods.

What the F*** did I just watch?

Read the book. mhihi: harhar1:

Oh, but seriously...

Granted, I read the book, and it was trippy, but did you peeps who watched it really found that hard to understand? It wasn't quite Leigon FX weird and hard to understand in my opinion. I am familiar with the Legion source material, and got most of the show, but it was exhausting to watch. hard to get. and had one self indulgence after another.

I want a trippy American God series, but I don't want it to go completely off the rails since ultimately, Gaiman's story is anchored in its characters. and not in the let's see what trippy visuals we could come up with and let's add a Nina Simone song while we're at it. ;)

darby
May 5th, 2017, 12:23 PM
As a setup, I can see where only the stuff about Shadow in normal life makes sense.

As far as the stuff with Wednesday, Mad Sweeney, Bilquis, the kid in the car, the dreams with the tree, and the intro... someone unfamiliar with any of this, with no background, is gonna be confused as f***.

But that's okay! You're supposed to be. It is supposed to leave wondering what the s*** just happened and it puts you in Shadow's mindspace pretty well.

And, if they did it right, it'll all payoff. Things get answered, you'll get your feet under you, you'll begin to be able to get a sense for things, and a second watching is gonna be fan-f***ing-tastic once you have all the answers.

I really liked the tone of the episode, and, well, almost anything by Gaiman is a bit weird.

darby
May 8th, 2017, 10:27 AM
GodsDAMMIT!

I am REALLY enjoying this show so far.

darby
May 15th, 2017, 11:06 AM
"American Gods" has been renewed for Season 2 (yay!)

'American Gods' is blessed with a Season 2 renewal after two episodes (http://mashable.com/2017/05/11/american-gods-season-2-renewed-starz/#Ny0PQNNgNkqK)

Which begs the question: "How far is Season 1 gonna go?"

Well, after some research, I found this interview (http://observer.com/2016/07/everything-neil-gaiman-knows-about-good-omens-and-american-gods/):

American Gods has a really nice climax built into the book—how do you pace that in a show where you don’t quire know how many seasons it’s going to run?

I have no idea. But the first ten episodes of American Gods are basically the first third of the book.

First THIRD?

So it takes us through until the House on the Rock.

I was totally overestimating this in my mind.

No, no, no, no, no. We are in the House on the Rock. So we haven’t even gone to Lakeside yet.

So wow.

NobleSavage
May 16th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Soooo. . .
How are we all doing with the tone and ummmm, intensity of the sex scenes on the show so far? (Re: Bilquis and Salim,Jinn storylines)
I think they are really raising the bar/pushing the envelope to coin a couple terms.
I think it is interesting to see where it takes us, and I'm totally hooked on this show.

NobleSavage
May 16th, 2017, 10:28 PM
Going to start an 'Old Gods' sleeve on my left arm. Anubis is in, others will be further considered.
Death and Trickster domains shall be favored.
Pics as it happens.

jerseydevil
May 30th, 2017, 09:28 AM
‘American Gods': Neil Gaiman on Changes from the Book & the Status of His Sequel
http://collider.com/american-gods-neil-gaiman-interview/

jerseydevil
June 4th, 2017, 09:17 AM
So I binged the first five of American Gods.

Thoughts...

I read the book, but time and substances have fogged the memory, so I am pretty much going in blind. It's pretty easy to follow despite everyone saying how wtf it is. I mean, Gods is in the title, Mr. Wednesday has been called Wotan(that and the ravens should give anyone with any mythology dabblings the tip), clearly the upcoming 'war' is fairly easy to guess.
So far, it's a lot of style over substance...which is fine, especially considering the style. But the episode with Laura Moon in particular suffered because either the part or the actress inhabiting it are not very sympathetic. Actually for that matter, neither is Shadow. He is easily led and kinda simple ain't he? For a guy with such a chip on his shoulder he certainly gets over things rather quickly.
So yeah, the leads are dull...but the character actors murderers row has been pretty impressive so far. It feels almost like stunt casting, but when the results are as good as McShane/Leachman/Stormare/Glover...well, I can certainly live with it.
Not sure/don't remember if the somewhere in America scenes are simple cutaways to show other deities in action or if they come to bear fruit later on. Either way, that's where the show really seems to shine. Maybe because those scenes have true arcs. As far as the SHOCKING sex scenes, sure...a woman absorbing a man through her delicates is fairly progressive, but we all know that the scene that will cause issues was the VERY graphic man on Djinn scene. For anyone who finds it that shocking...I dunno, deal with it. We live in an age where people who fit into the 'other' category are no longer interested in hiding. Brian Fuller is a gay man. So it's no surprise that, like Ryan Murphy, he is interested in promoting his point of view. They're here, they're queer, get used to it already.
Overall I like the show. Not in love with it yet simply because we are in the exposition phase. I do think, especially when it comes to the leads, they could do a better job of maintaining our interest while showing lingering beautiful rainfall.

And Mad Sweeney is the Wild Card. The show sings when he is on screen.

also, clearly Gillian Anderson is Fuller's Jessica Lange. The scenes she is in are extremely indulgent, but , once again, that's ok too when the results are what they have been so far.

ucsdguy1
June 19th, 2017, 11:19 AM
I made a switch of cable co's and now have Starz for a year. I finally got to finish the last season of Black Sails.

My god what an ending. (spoiler alerts)

Inevitably some showdown between Silver and Flint was coming. I wasn't sure if they were heading towards a violent, swashbuckling showdown (which was hinted at with the flashbacks to sword fight training). But man the soliloquy of finding meaning in the darkness. Both of them wrestling between friendship and betrayal. Beautiful, just beautiful.

And a totally fitting end sailing off into the sunset with Rackham and Anne.

Don't be a part of a narrative made for you, become your own narrative.

I am seriously going to miss this show but can sea myself easily rewatching.

mmmcammy
June 19th, 2017, 12:28 PM
I can't believe this season of American Gods is over already. I WANT MORE!!!!!!

orpheus
June 20th, 2017, 10:50 AM
I caught up with American Gods last night.

Casting Kristin Chenoweth in the last ep as Easter along with the eps color scheme reminded me of Pushing Daisies, which I still haven't forgiven ABC for cancelling (even more show than them cancelling Agent Carter, ha!). Considering that Bryan Fuller was involved in both series, it was probably a direct tribute made me happy. ;)
http://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2017/06/16/13a2d080-ce8a-4d5a-884e-3afec1fddd7b/crop/2070x1245+0+0/thumbnail/770x463/efd13b1dfdc7c6a2dfc76ca028b3327d/kristinchenoweth-news.jpg

http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/Kristin-Chenoweth-Pushing-Daisies-Thumb.jpg

Things sometimes come full circle, haha.

Almost like,

wait for it....

Easter!

mhihi: :fpalm:

jerseydevil
July 7th, 2017, 10:05 PM
Man. A Prayer For Mad Sweeney was maybe the best hour of TV I have watched in awhile. And Mad Sweeney himself is friggin AMAZING

jerseydevil
July 29th, 2017, 01:25 PM
‘American Gods’ May Break Bryan Fuller’s Cancellation Curse
http://uproxx.com/hitfix/american-gods-on-starz-for-foreseeable-future/

American Gods has been both a critical and commercial hit for Starz, so they are very interested in staying in the Fuller business. At Friday’s Television Critic Association’s panel, network boss Chris Albrecht had encouraging words for fans of the mind bending show.

“We are certainly on board for as long as the show makes sense for Starz, and we don’t see any end in sight. It’s a difficult show to do, a lot of people to wrangle, so I can’t tell you exactly when the next season is going to be on the air. We’re actively pursuing making sure we get it as soon as possible.”

jerseydevil
July 29th, 2017, 01:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqQYN2Q2M44&feature=youtu.be

jerseydevil
August 11th, 2017, 09:48 AM
So What’s Going On With “Ash vs Evil Dead” Season 3?
http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3451651/whats-going-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3/

jerseydevil
August 22nd, 2017, 03:14 PM
Common Suits Up for Starz’s ‘Black Samurai’ Reboot with Music from the Wu-Tang Clan
http://collider.com/common-black-samurai-series-starz/

jerseydevil
August 23rd, 2017, 02:22 PM
Bruce Campbell on ‘Ash vs. Evil Dead’, Puppets, & Returning to Mythology in Season 3
http://collider.com/bruce-campbell-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-interview/

jerseydevil
September 3rd, 2017, 08:35 PM
50 Cent Wants You To Cancel Your Starz Subscription Now That Season 4 Of ‘Power’ Is Over
http://uproxx.com/music/50-cent-cancel-starz-subscription-power-instagram/

what a ****.

jerseydevil
October 7th, 2017, 01:05 PM
‘Ash vs Evil Dead’ Season 3 Images Tease the Next Blood-Soaked Chapter
http://collider.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-images/

jerseydevil
October 31st, 2017, 09:19 AM
‘Ash vs. Evil Dead’ Season 3 Trailer Teases NSFW Daddy Issues
http://collider.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-trailer-bruce-campbell/#images

Luc SkyBomba
October 31st, 2017, 10:11 AM
‘Ash vs. Evil Dead’ Season 3 Trailer Teases NSFW Daddy Issues
http://collider.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-trailer-bruce-campbell/#images

\m/

jerseydevil
November 2nd, 2017, 01:03 PM
‘Counterpart’ Trailer Has Us Seeing Double J.K. Simmons in Starz’s Spy Series
http://collider.com/counterpart-trailer-jk-simmons-starz/

jerseydevil
November 24th, 2017, 01:48 AM
Black Sails marathon just shames me because I never finished watching...

ucsdguy1
November 24th, 2017, 10:12 PM
Black Sails marathon just shames me because I never finished watching...

Good god get on it man

jerseydevil
November 29th, 2017, 11:41 PM
American Gods’ Showrunners Bryan Fuller and Michael Green Exit Starz Series
http://collider.com/american-gods-bryan-fuller-michael-green-exit/#images

This is why we can't have nice things.

orpheus
November 30th, 2017, 01:03 AM
American Gods’ Showrunners Bryan Fuller and Michael Green Exit Starz Series
http://collider.com/american-gods-bryan-fuller-michael-green-exit/#images

This is why we can't have nice things.

I am available and read the book so I familiar with the source material. So.... mhihi: :manybeers:

Honestly. File me under worried about this. :(

jerseydevil
December 7th, 2017, 07:29 PM
‘Howard’s End’ Trailer Reveals Hayley Atwell, Matthew Macfadyen in Starz’s Miniseries
http://collider.com/howards-end-trailer-hayley-atwell-matthew-macfadyen-starz/#synopsis

orpheus
December 7th, 2017, 11:30 PM
‘Howard’s End’ Trailer Reveals Hayley Atwell, Matthew Macfadyen in Starz’s Miniseries
http://collider.com/howards-end-trailer-hayley-atwell-matthew-macfadyen-starz/#synopsis

I am all over this so much that I am currently reading the novel Howards End. April? Psh! This whole series already aired in the UK. Why do we hafta wait over for months? I thought we won the war!! cry: mhihi:

ucsdguy1
December 8th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Seriously though, SMILF is so good.

I'm laughing way more than I should be.

ucsdguy1
December 9th, 2017, 09:53 PM
Seriously though, SMILF is so good.

I'm laughing way more than I should be.
Starz, Showtime. It’s all....because whiskey

jerseydevil
January 8th, 2018, 10:32 AM
GILLIAN ANDERSON EXITS AMERICAN GODS, KRISTIN CHENOWETH MAY NOT RETURN
https://nerdist.com/gillian-anderson-american-gods-exit-kristin-chenoweth/

Gillian Anderson is also leaving X-Files. Guess she forgot what it was like to not be relevant and wants to go back to that.

jerseydevil
January 12th, 2018, 03:12 PM
‘American Gods’: Starz Boss Offers Update; Admits “Trouble” Getting Season 2 Off the Ground
http://collider.com/american-gods-season-2-update-bryan-fuller/#neil-gaiman

Interesting...feels like some spin, but still, interesting.

‘John Wick’ TV Series ‘The Continental’ Is a Go at Starz
http://collider.com/john-wick-tv-series-starz-the-continental/

jerseydevil
January 12th, 2018, 06:22 PM
AMERICAN GODS S2: Neil Gaiman to Showrun? Bryan Fuller, Michael Green May Contribute?
https://nerdist.com/american-gods-s2-neil-gaiman-showrun-bryan-fuller-michael-green-gillian-anderson/

Liz Shannon Miller

@lizlet

So Starz is saying that @neilhimself will be much more involved, on a showrunner level, with #AmericanGods S2. Wondering if that's news to Neil, given what he said last month. https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/936560171379249152 …

Neil Gaiman

@neilhimself

It was. I suspect there's some crossed wires somewhere.

jerseydevil
January 18th, 2018, 06:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig99vvjeUeI&feature=youtu.be

I gotta be honest. It took me forever to get through season 1. Slow...cheap looking(yes, the evil dead flicks were d.i.y. cheap...not the point. Season 1 looked like bad Canadian tv show cheap)...and kinda friggin boring.
Season 2 was a step in the right direction. Seems like they finally remembered what the Evil Dead franchise was all about. Still...looked kinda cheap(but this time in a good way).
I hope season 3 takes it even further. It looks a little sharper judging by the trailer. From what I have read, this could be the last. Starz has pushed the date around and The Chin made some thinly veiled comments about being unhappy. So enjoy.

Luc SkyBomba
January 19th, 2018, 10:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig99vvjeUeI&feature=youtu.be

I gotta be honest. It took me forever to get through season 1. Slow...cheap looking(yes, the evil dead flicks were d.i.y. cheap...not the point. Season 1 looked like bad Canadian tv show cheap)...and kinda friggin boring.
Season 2 was a step in the right direction. Seems like they finally remembered what the Evil Dead franchise was all about. Still...looked kinda cheap(but this time in a good way).
I hope season 3 takes it even further. It looks a little sharper judging by the trailer. From what I have read, this could be the last. Starz has pushed the date around and The Chin made some thinly veiled comments about being unhappy. So enjoy.

Kelly tho

https://78.media.tumblr.com/d554cd6b1ce23c5b93da4589beaa20f9/tumblr_p2eeb4T2e81r5dm0so1_500.jpg

jerseydevil
January 19th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Kelly tho

https://78.media.tumblr.com/d554cd6b1ce23c5b93da4589beaa20f9/tumblr_p2eeb4T2e81r5dm0so1_500.jpg

Is it me, or would she be good for an Amy Winehouse biopic?

Luc SkyBomba
January 19th, 2018, 11:16 AM
For reals tho bout AVED, I heard the showrunner and Tapert were just butting heads constantly. Might have something to do with how the show came out.

jerseydevil
January 20th, 2018, 01:58 PM
‘Counterpart’ Review: Double J.K. Simmons Equals Double the Fun
http://collider.com/counterpart-review-jk-simmons/#images

jerseydevil
February 21st, 2018, 10:09 AM
‘Ash vs. Evil Dead’ Season 3 Review: A Rollicking Slapstick Slaughter
http://collider.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-review/

orpheus
February 21st, 2018, 02:32 PM
?Counterpart? Review: Double J.K. Simmons Equals Double the Fun
http://collider.com/counterpart-review-jk-simmons/#images

JK Simmons playing two roles makes it seems like it's the easiest thing in the world. Easiest thing in the world.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/4/48/J.K._Simmons_The_Ladykillers.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20160421015119

;)

jerseydevil
February 26th, 2018, 02:00 PM
‘Counterpart’ Season 2: Filming Begins in Berlin as Betty Gabriel Joins Cast
http://collider.com/counterpart-season-2/

I really hope that some people go back and watch OZ. Not only was it a great show...but J.K. Simmons is epic as an aryan nation guy.

lagwagon0
February 26th, 2018, 08:31 PM
So far so good for Ash vs Evil Dead season 3, the first episode was hilarious.

ucsdguy1
February 27th, 2018, 10:03 AM
So far so good for Ash vs Evil Dead season 3, the first episode was hilarious.
damn it have to find someone with a starz account

jerseydevil
March 12th, 2018, 10:22 PM
‘Ash vs. Evil Dead:’ Bruce Campbell on Prophecy, Freak-Outs, & Season 3’s Big Monster
http://collider.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-3-bruce-campbell-interview/

Luc SkyBomba
April 2nd, 2018, 11:15 AM
https://78.media.tumblr.com/e777f9aea531be69a8f901ff70eb93cf/tumblr_p6ki0t4mI71u3ev8zo2_540.gif

Luc SkyBomba
April 3rd, 2018, 04:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ4t4BAUMAAYXbP.jpg

Did not know Lucy and Rob were married...

Luc SkyBomba
April 20th, 2018, 05:25 PM
**** they got cancelled...

jerseydevil
April 23rd, 2018, 11:46 PM
Bruce Campbell Confirms He Is Retired As Ash Despite Some Fan’s Efforts To Take ‘Evil Dead’ To Netflix
https://uproxx.com/tv/bruce-campbell-retired-ash-evil-dead-netflix/

There is some nice simple dignity to be had here.

Can we have a Briscoe County reboot/return now...please?

Luc SkyBomba
April 24th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Bruce Campbell Confirms He Is Retired As Ash Despite Some Fan’s Efforts To Take ‘Evil Dead’ To Netflix
https://uproxx.com/tv/bruce-campbell-retired-ash-evil-dead-netflix/

There is some nice simple dignity to be had here.

Can we have a Briscoe County reboot/return now...please?

Jack of all Trades!

Speaking of which, is Burn Notice still on? I didn't watch it enough but I bought the movie.

orpheus
May 1st, 2018, 01:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpUxOAejZHg

jerseydevil
September 14th, 2018, 12:50 AM
American Gods Season 2 Reportedly in Chaos, Showrunner Sidelined
http://www.vulture.com/2018/09/american-gods-season-2-is-reportedly-in-chaos.html

jerseydevil
October 6th, 2018, 10:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EJEa9aW5PQ&feature=youtu.be

Looks terrific, but all the waiting...the drama behind the scenes, and for what, 8 episodes??? It runs the risk of becoming irrelevant.

orpheus
October 6th, 2018, 11:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EJEa9aW5PQ&feature=youtu.be

Looks terrific, but all the waiting...the drama behind the scenes, and for what, 8 episodes??? It runs the risk of becoming irrelevant.

Sometimes, all the drama in the world is worth a moment of greatness, if only, just for a brief moment. ;)

orpheus
December 5th, 2018, 03:58 PM
American Gods season 2 finally has a release date

Starz?s long-overdue second season of its fantasy series American Gods finally has a release date: March 10th, 2019.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/5/18127808/american-gods-season-2-release-date-neil-gaiman

orpheus
December 9th, 2018, 11:24 PM
J.K. Simmons on ‘Counterpart’ Season 2 and the ‘Crushing’ Moment That Changed His Life

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jk-simmons-on-counterpart-season-2-and-the-crushing-moment-that-changed-his-life-3

I enjoyed the first season of Counterpart and will be checking out the second one. :good:

jerseydevil
February 11th, 2019, 08:19 PM
'Counterpart' Canceled by Starz
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/02/11/counterpart-tv-series-canceled-starz/?utm_source=Comicbook.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=190211_134423_Comicbook.com%20Daily%2 0Newsletter&utm_content=Image

too bad. One of those, 'I should start watching' shows. Wonder if J.K.Simmons will find work.

orpheus
February 11th, 2019, 09:28 PM
'Counterpart' Canceled by Starz
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/02/11/counterpart-tv-series-canceled-starz/?utm_source=Comicbook.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=190211_134423_Comicbook.com%20Daily%2 0Newsletter&utm_content=Image

too bad. One of those, 'I should start watching' shows. Wonder if J.K.Simmons will find work.

Bah!

I have been watching it. I generally like it. This season better not end in a cliffhanger like the first season did, then, or someone will have to answer to me!!!!

orpheus
May 17th, 2019, 07:39 PM
Why American Gods Season 2 Didn't Work

https://screenrant.com/american-gods-season-2-disappointing/

I finished watching this season last night and I agree with a lot of that article. Considering the delays and behind the scene drama, I was expecting more from this, and the season, just came and went.

There are still some good, scratch that, brilliant moments in this season, but it often lacked a strong focus.

jerseydevil
December 15th, 2019, 11:23 AM
‘American Gods’ Actor Orlando Jones Says He Was Fired Because Mr. Nancy Is ‘Wrong Message for Black America’
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/american-gods-orlando-jones-fired-showrunner-wrong-message-for-black-america-1203436762/

orpheus
December 15th, 2019, 11:47 AM
‘American Gods’ Actor Orlando Jones Says He Was Fired Because Mr. Nancy Is ‘Wrong Message for Black America’
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/american-gods-orlando-jones-fired-showrunner-wrong-message-for-black-america-1203436762/

There have been two sides to this, but either way, that be some bull****.

So many production problems for S2 and it was pretty underwhelming when it finally came out. Now I am worried for S3.

jerseydevil
December 15th, 2019, 11:19 PM
There have been two sides to this, but either way, that be some bull****.

So many production problems for S2 and it was pretty underwhelming when it finally came out. Now I am worried for S3.

Yeah. At some point the trouble is the people left. Gaiman has input on this show. Seems unusual that he would not wield influence to keep Jones, who has been a STAR on this show.

jerseydevil
December 16th, 2019, 10:05 PM
American Gods Has Lost Yet Another Key Character
https://io9.gizmodo.com/american-gods-has-lost-yet-another-key-character-1840461141

The storylines of American Gods have continually shifted and evolved to reflect the complex mythology of the source material Mr. Jones? option was not picked up because Mr. Nancy, among other characters, is not featured in the portion of the book we are focusing on within season three. Several new characters, many of which have already been announced, will be introduced into Shadow Moon?s world that will further contribute to the show?s legacy as one of the most diverse series on television.

jerseydevil
March 1st, 2020, 10:30 PM
American Gods' Backstage Drama Just Turned Ugly
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entertainment/american-gods-backstage-drama-just-191501990.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlYXBpcy5jb20v YXV0aC9jaHJvbWUtY29udGVudC1zdWdnZXN0aW9ucw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAKwLPKrzKQM8Q0fFzyc8sOgvPQr9 HUmE5Resb8JkiJq7GtSvKk-GGeq0uSbNOZOvDO0BxNF_Grx1C7UCEa0D1TMURQKJckcq0wKSm ReLTdo0lL0zzaeH6zr9aIg_hp2vjmrOKyoH8ECNXci8hF3_kFB lHIjwe7wM4QVXwwg4qn-s

jerseydevil
April 15th, 2020, 09:07 PM
Just tuned into Starz, cause Running Scared(1986), and a show called In The Long Run is on. British. Interesting.

Oh s??t, Idris Elba. Ok...I'm checking this out

jerseydevil
July 12th, 2020, 01:14 PM
‘P-Valley’ Review: Starz’s Brilliant & Unapologetic Sex Work Drama Is One of Summer’s Best
https://collider.com/p-valley-review-starz/