kingnut
October 26th, 2020, 10:52 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/coyotes-top-draft-pick-mitchell-144918286.html

Ice24
October 26th, 2020, 11:43 AM
This can't be good!

kingnut
October 26th, 2020, 11:49 AM
Losing all the picks, Hall and now this. Chayka must have saw this and said CYA.

Nyssa42
October 26th, 2020, 07:52 PM
yeah, I saw this earlier today....what the heck?? did they think it wouldn't come out?

jammer06
October 27th, 2020, 07:38 AM
I like how the story just skipped over who in the organization signed off on this. The CEO makes a case to move forward but never says, yeah I'm the one that made the call.

orpheus
October 27th, 2020, 04:43 PM
The KKKoyotes. :rolleyes:

Trapper9
October 27th, 2020, 06:00 PM
Yeesh

kingnut
October 27th, 2020, 08:12 PM
the kkkoyotes. :rolleyes:

lmao

santiclaws
October 28th, 2020, 07:53 AM
But along with the sentencing came an unusual admonition from juvenile magistrate William Hutcheson:
“Mitchell, I’m not sure you still get it,” Hutcheson said, according to courtroom reports from the Toledo Blade. “I don’t think you like being where you are. But I still don’t think you’ve put yourself in the shoes of not just the one victim but numerous victims. No one should come to school and feel humiliated or intimidated.

“If this is what you do in school, I wonder what you do outside of school? You’re supposed to be on your best behavior in school. So if this is an example of your best behavior, I wonder what your worst behavior is. I don’t have a sense of real remorse. But I do feel that you feel sorry for yourself.”

He was still taunting that poor kid two years later. Lots of teams interviewed this guy and noped out after the interview because they thought he was not being forthright, among other things. I think the Yotes misunderstood the whole "hockey is for everyone" thing.

kingnut
October 28th, 2020, 12:07 PM
But along with the sentencing came an unusual admonition from juvenile magistrate William Hutcheson:
“Mitchell, I’m not sure you still get it,” Hutcheson said, according to courtroom reports from the Toledo Blade. “I don’t think you like being where you are. But I still don’t think you’ve put yourself in the shoes of not just the one victim but numerous victims. No one should come to school and feel humiliated or intimidated.

“If this is what you do in school, I wonder what you do outside of school? You’re supposed to be on your best behavior in school. So if this is an example of your best behavior, I wonder what your worst behavior is. I don’t have a sense of real remorse. But I do feel that you feel sorry for yourself.”

He was still taunting that poor kid two years later. Lots of teams interviewed this guy and noped out after the interview because they thought he was not being forthright, among other things. I think the Yotes misunderstood the whole "hockey is for everyone" thing.

Not only the yotes, but Univ ND and Team USA

What party?
October 28th, 2020, 12:32 PM

I read the victim's mom's statement on Reddit. Harsh. Eff that clown, cognitive issues or not.

santiclaws
October 28th, 2020, 04:02 PM
I read the victim's mom's statement on Reddit. Harsh. Eff that clown, cognitive issues or not.
The victim had cognitive issues, not the dickhead in question.

KernCoKingFan
October 28th, 2020, 05:48 PM
The victim had cognitive issues, not the dickhead in question.

Might be going out on a limb here, but I think she's saying that whether the victim had cognitive issues or not, to eff that clown.

What party?
October 28th, 2020, 05:56 PM
Might be going out on a limb here, but I think she's saying that whether the victim had cognitive issues or not, to eff that clown.

The gentleman is correct. I knew that the victim was disabled (did not know it was mentally) but my poorly worded post was about the clown that could not comprehend that abusing someone that is disabled and then refusing to apologize to him directly (as stated in the letter) makes his nonsense inexcusable. Crap that sentence is ugly too.

I'll just go back to posting songs in media--clearly, not going to win today. Points for heart?

NobleSavage
October 28th, 2020, 06:58 PM
This guy is still fairly young, and has been given EVERY benefit of the doubt by everyone around him.
Hopefully this isn't his permanent personality, but I am grateful that most of the league steered clear.
Hopefully he has an epiphany and begs Meyer-Crothers to forgive him, and really means it.
Too many trashy people living far too comfortably, we don't need another one.

jom
October 28th, 2020, 10:42 PM
Losing all the picks, Hall and now this. Chayka must have saw this and said CYA.

I can't imagine that Chayka himself isn't partly to blame for some of this fiasco. Maybe that's why they let him go. ????

jom

kingnut
October 28th, 2020, 11:26 PM
I can't imagine that Chayka himself isn't partly to blame for some of this fiasco. Maybe that's why they let him go. ????

jom

Thats another plausible scenario

santiclaws
October 29th, 2020, 10:09 AM
https://i.redd.it/auoh8i8j81w51.png

What party?
October 29th, 2020, 11:44 AM
https://i.redd.it/auoh8i8j81w51.png

"Send In The Clowns" would be funnier but troll's choice.

VCRW
October 29th, 2020, 12:23 PM
An 18-year old should be able to be educated/re-educated... especially if he ever hopes to play in the NHL. Terrorizing the disabled child was totally wrong, but it's awfully early to give up on a teenager. Hope he sees the light and makes an effort to be a better human.

kingnut
October 29th, 2020, 12:50 PM
Looks like the kid is a free agent now.

Gonna be a tough road for him. But thats the price to pay for stupidity.

https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/coyotes-renounce-rights-to-mitchell-miller/c-319543540

santiclaws
October 29th, 2020, 02:19 PM
Hope he sees the light and makes an effort to be a better human.
I agree, and although I think the odds of that happening are long, I sincerely hope that it does. That said, an NHL team had no business drafting this guy in 2020 with zero evidence that anything about him has changed. From everything I've read, his combine interviews DID NOT go well at all.

What party?
October 29th, 2020, 03:00 PM
Looks like the kid is a free agent now.

Gonna be a tough road for him. But thats the price to pay for stupidity.

https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/coyotes-renounce-rights-to-mitchell-miller/c-319543540

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLy2SaSQAtA

santiclaws
October 29th, 2020, 04:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLy2SaSQAtA
I don't know if it was intentional, but the choice of John Lennon to sing about an abusive, narcissistic ******* was inspired. And why is Yoko wearing a blindfold?

SloMo26
October 29th, 2020, 04:45 PM
Sad to say (yes its my grumpy cynical :popo: mentality rearing its ugly head yet again) he is typical of today's entitled new generation. I doubt he will change and he will most likely blame the victim for his NHL misfortune and try to become a victim himself. :fpalm:

What party?
October 29th, 2020, 06:43 PM
I don't know if it was intentional, but the choice of John Lennon to sing about an abusive, narcissistic ******* was inspired. And why is Yoko wearing a blindfold?

It was pretty intentional. Mostly for the song title and content of the song (e.g. the superstar line). What's that brand of crazy when an event happens you hear a song? Well, when I read that AZ walked back their offer to Mitchell, that is the song I heard in my head.

Yoko in blindfold? Hmm. Welp, if it's 1970, my husband/boyfriend is John Lennon and I'm in a music video for this song, I know literally no one is looking at me. That blindfold reads pretty "thirsty" to me. Or, she was the first recipient of lasik and that was the post-op look. It's an either/or, really.

kingnut
October 30th, 2020, 09:58 AM
UND has backpeddled also
https://www.tsn.ca/former-arizona-coyotes-prospect-mitchell-miller-no-longer-a-part-of-und-hockey-team-1.1545808

The sad part is theer has been no contrition on his part. As the mom of the bullied kid, stated, miller sent apologies to the 31 teams but not to to her son. self serving.

i hope miller can turn his life around as im sure he is feeling like it is all falling apart right now.

VCRW
October 30th, 2020, 11:00 AM
I agree, and although I think the odds of that happening are long, I sincerely hope that it does. That said, an NHL team had no business drafting this guy in 2020 with zero evidence that anything about him has changed. From everything I've read, his combine interviews DID NOT go well at all.

It really does reflect poorly on the Phoenix organization's preparation for the draft. Hard to believe NHL level scouting and management would ignore the red flags. And, of course, the kid has justifiably lost what he wanted most.

My comment was more as a parent than a hockey fan. I just want to believe that a 17 or 18-year old kid can be made to finally see the light of karma that is shining so brightly on him now. Racism and bullying are learned behaviors after all.

kingnut
October 30th, 2020, 11:23 AM
It really does reflect poorly on the Phoenix organization's preparation for the draft. Hard to believe NHL level scouting and management would ignore the red flags. And, of course, the kid has justifiably lost what he wanted most.

My comment was more as a parent than a hockey fan. I just want to believe that a 17 or 18-year old kid can be made to finally see the light of karma that is shining so brightly on him now. Racism and bullying are learned behaviors after all.

Was thinking of that also (learned behaviour). Did he learn that at home or in the billets or both? didnt want to speculate but the bottom line is this kid was probably subjected to this behaviour and the scary part is if it was in the billet, then there is an even bigger issue beyong the miller family.