PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2026

Moog
June 17th, 2022, 09:10 AM
Host cities selected.
https://i.postimg.cc/59LqnzkP/fifa.jpg

SirJW
June 17th, 2022, 01:21 PM
Very excited, 94 was a lot of fun. Even for this non footie fan...

ucsdguy1
June 18th, 2022, 04:17 PM
Can’t wait to have to fly from Boston to Mexico City to Vancouver for the US’ first 3 games :)

What party?
June 29th, 2022, 02:20 PM
Can?t wait to have to fly from Boston to Mexico City to Vancouver for the US? first 3 games :)

From what I understand of science [fiction] by 2026 teleportation will be in wide use. Non-issue.
https://64.media.tumblr.com/d36963bdc2ec9ffa3ebb1fc58e63a5cd/353bf363c816d324-bf/s540x810/2575cac1c3bebfac9349e740373f9c3492e3083c.gifv

Moog
June 29th, 2022, 02:32 PM
lol

FWIW games will be broken down by region to help with travel......Flip a coin to see where the country(s) you support end up in which region that you will have no chance to see them live unless you hop a bird.

East region
Toronto, Canada -- BMO Field
Boston, Massachusetts -- Gillette Stadium
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Lincoln Financial Field
Miami, Florida -- Hard Rock Stadium
New York/New Jersey -- MetLife Stadium

Central region
Dallas, Texas -- AT&T Stadium
Atlanta, Georgia -- Mercedes Benz-Stadium
Kansas City, Missouri -- Arrowhead Stadium
Houston, Texas -- NRG stadium
Monterrey, Mexico -- Estadio BBVA
Mexico City, Mexico -- Estadio Azteca

West region
Vancouver, Canada -- BC Place
Seattle, Washington -- Lumen Field
Los Angeles, California -- SoFi Stadium
San Francisco, California -- Levi's Stadium
Guadalajara, Mexico -- Estadio Akron

ucsdguy1
June 29th, 2022, 02:53 PM
Considering the group the US is in, any of the regions work as there isn't really a Concacaf or Conmebol team that would dominate the stadium. However, I'll take the West Region because it'd be way easier to maneuver through (although I prefer to avoid going through Guadalajara, just personal preference).

I will bet you Mexico gets Central and two games in Mexico :)

Of course this is all moot because by 2026 I'm surely going to be living in Ireland on the beach away from all the crap here, so I wouldn't be able to travel anyway. :)

What party?
June 29th, 2022, 04:18 PM
Considering the group the US is in, any of the regions work as there isn't really a Concacaf or Conmebol team that would dominate the stadium. However, I'll take the West Region because it'd be way easier to maneuver through (although I prefer to avoid going through Guadalajara, just personal preference).

I will bet you Mexico gets Central and two games in Mexico :)

Of course this is all moot because by 2026 I'm surely going to be living in Ireland on the beach away from all the crap here, so I wouldn't be able to travel anyway. :)

Thanks for the breakdown Moog and I'd guess I'd like to see the East games, regardless of who's slated to play.

Hmmm. Making moves to another country, 1000% get it. A nice jewish ex-pat family in Ireland, adorable. When it becomes a netflix series I'll watch it. I've decided to stay and fight. Like quit my job, donate my car (to NPR because of course I am) buy a bike with a basket on the front and work (remotely) for a non-profit. 2026! Let's do this!

https://mylucinda.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/1508155500747.gif

Moog
June 29th, 2022, 11:55 PM
Everyone moving to Ireland?
Brilliant!
Head to the PUB, down some pints, and leave this backwards place in the rear view!

ucsdguy1
June 30th, 2022, 02:37 PM
Everyone moving to Ireland?
Brilliant!
Head to the PUB, down some pints, and leave this backwards place in the rear view!

Gotta live there for 5 out of 9 years and 1 year straight prior to application for citizenship. Better get cracking.

Moog
June 30th, 2022, 03:28 PM
Gotta live there for 5 out of 9 years and 1 year straight prior to application for citizenship. Better get cracking.

I'm sure there's a exception paragraph in the immigration documentation somewhere that gives an immigrant "time" credit for the amount of Guinness Extra Stout and Jameson consumed over the years that helped the Irish economy at large.

Clearly there are many of us out there doing our part for the Republic of Ireland on the economic standpoint. That has got to count for something!

What party?
June 30th, 2022, 05:05 PM
Solutions, concrete research and people with a plan. Nice. There must be room for the ridiculous. What if someone has tried to watch all of "Leap Year" (rom-com, the one where the guy was standing next to her the whole time,lol), after two drinks thinks having a sing-song is a great idea (despite being tone deaf) and would still be cool with listening to upto the mid-90's U2 openly?

Too weird for Ireland, think I would need a Budapest(or its equivalent) to keep living this low-profile life.

What party?
August 31st, 2022, 02:14 PM
Link to an article rating WC top kits. Mexico, Japan and Argentina--- FIRE. So good. Sengal & Ghana, also dope. My question mark is Serbia, but open to opinions. =)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ranking-2022-world-cup-kits-152546150.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAKATCQvJLHFupBLERT4QcJVcrvJ-WQKrQ5gRZOrgI9uTzFN0qVfjFRDQPLR2leyyJG17DGG3LOcvFo 8s2aW1br8zKWQN6KoKMGye2GRPNL29unQSAEdF2heOsOEZkUHs XRQbbAiVlRtUIKpsd2R_KI26rCflcIiAC08VeU8XmWT5