Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1213 Post(s)

So I watched the Lashley/Big E first match and second cage match the other night. It was what JR would call a "slobberknocker" for sure, but man it was pretty hard for me to turn on Raw again.

And has Bliss just been written off? Charlotte made a point of saying she fought "the old bliss" and wanted her back, so possibly it's finally the end of the fiend-lite gimmick.

The draft is something I guess, but what really is going to change? Oh, but I guess we still have Lashley/Goldberg at crown jewel to look forward to. sigh..

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3899 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    So I watched the Lashley/Big E first match and second cage match the other night. It was what JR would call a "slobberknocker" for sure, but man it was pretty hard for me to turn on Raw again.

And has Bliss just been written off? Charlotte made a point of saying she fought "the old bliss" and wanted her back, so possibly it's finally the end of the fiend-lite gimmick.

The draft is something I guess, but what really is going to change? Oh, but I guess we still have Lashley/Goldberg at crown jewel to look forward to. sigh..
    Yeah.. I really hate to sound like a hater but WWE is 100% unwatchable for me now. Which is a shame because I want to enjoy Big E's run as Champion but I just can't.

I just read the results and groan every time... like when I read how Ricochet had to lose a 2 minute match against Reggie for the 24/7 title. Or how Karrion Kross looks like a sex toy thing (can't think of the word for it right now lol).

I heard Alexa Bliss will likely be gone until the Royal Rumble because she needed sinus surgery.

And as for the draft, yeah it's hard to get excited about that now. It's going to be the usual really. Some guys from RAW goes to Smackdown and vice versa. The "shakeup" does nothing. I think if there's one thing to get somewhat excited for is seeing which NXT stars that aren't in the new NXT being used on the main roster. People like Dakota Kai for example. =D
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3899 Post(s)

Even more WWE releases... not Eva Marie!!!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, the way they treated Karrion Kross by removing Scarlett from him was dumb as hell. Keith Lee also deserves better. Basically it feels like since HHH had to step down from running NXT due to health problems, Vince and his cronies have undone everything HHH was trying to build. It's insane really.

I'm already kind of thinking ahead and thinking about how poor the Royal Rumble will likely be because of all these "budget cuts".

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1213 Post(s)

I'm very surprised with Kross and Keith Lee, but they had absolutely no idea what to do with them.

Ugh my kids are so into wrestling right now I splurged and got tickets to Smackdown at Staples Center next month. Their first live wrestling event, so hopefully we'll get some enjoyment?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3899 Post(s)

Another set of releases right before the holidays. Holy moly.

John Morrison
    Top Dolla
    Ashante Adonis
    Isaiah Swerve Scott
    Tegan Nox
    Drake Maverick
    Shane Thorne
    Jaxson Ryker

Tegan Nox to AEW please. JoMo should probably go to AEW too, I don't think he should be on Impact.

As for Hit Row, I stopped watching NXT already when they were there. And from what little I've seen on Smackdown from them, I wasn't impressed either. All I know is that Isaiah Swerve Scott is a freaking good wrestler.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1213 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Another set of releases right before the holidays. Holy moly.

John Morrison
    Top Dolla
    Ashante Adonis
    Isaiah Swerve Scott
    Tegan Nox
    Drake Maverick
    Shane Thorne
    Jaxson Ryker

Tegan Nox to AEW please. JoMo should probably go to AEW too, I don't think he should be on Impact.

As for Hit Row, I stopped watching NXT already when they were there. And from what little I've seen on Smackdown from them, I wasn't impressed either. All I know is that Isaiah Swerve Scott is a freaking good wrestler.
    Morrison had some really good talent, they just always kept him doing stupid comedy gimmicks. I hope Drake lands on his feet.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3899 Post(s)

I actually watched like the first segment of RAW because I had nothing better to do. I was pleasantly surprised to see this...

Rollins makes his entrance to start the show. Then the commentary team actually started running down the list of matches that will happen later in the show. It clearly means that they *ARE* aware of what AEW does and they're copying them. It gives the matches a bigger "feel", that's for sure.

Then I saw on Youtube later that during the Edge/Miz promo, they absolutely mentioned Dynamite. It just makes me laugh with the whole AEW/WWE war, that the WWE defenders keep saying that AEW has to mention WWE all the time, and WWE doesn't have to mention AEW at all. Yet here we are. Very interesting.

And lastly, the dirt sheets are saying the attendance for RAW only sold/distributed about 5700 tickets? The whole upper deck was closed. And AEW Dynamite will be there next Wednesday with close to 9000 tickets already sold/distributed. While AEW still has ways to go to catch them in the ratings war, the attendance though, that can speak volumes. It's a fun time to be a wrestling fan again. I get the sense that WWE is *finally* trying again.

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3899 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I'm very surprised with Kross and Keith Lee, but they had absolutely no idea what to do with them.

Ugh my kids are so into wrestling right now I splurged and got tickets to Smackdown at Staples Center next month. Their first live wrestling event, so hopefully we'll get some enjoyment?
    I would like a report ucsd!!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1213 Post(s)

So we actually had a pretty good time! The lower level was pretty full, and I think they sold about 4 sections in the 300s.

My first negative take - show started at 4:45 per tickets. Staples didn't open until 3:45. Knowing they had to check vaccinations and negative tests that would take extra time they couldn't open earlier? By the time we arrived, waiting in line and got in, we barely had enough time to buy 2 replica belts and bolt to our seats (we got there at 3:30 and a crap ton of people already were in line).

Pre-show match was viking raiders vs. jinder/jinder's buddy. Waste of time but fun for the boys to see the raiders. They were used to chanting "war", but I guess now they do "raid" instead. Show started and Sammy Zayn in the wheelchair was hilarious. The Heyman poking Brock to release the beast worked well. Heyman made my day with the "shabbat shalom" to zayn and the "I must've spent too much time at the dispensary" lines.

The boys hated all the commercials, where they did some trivia games, some sign showing, and McAfee leading the crowd to sing happy birthday to Michael Cole. But the matches were actually pretty good. A quick recap:
    Triple tag team - it was solidly a pro-Randy Orton crowd. "We want Randy" chants started the second the match did. At one point during a commercial break a chant started, and Randy pointed to the screen and indicated "wait till the commercials end!" which got a good laugh. Once the new day won, there were actually some sizeable boos since they had just pulled Orton out of the ring. (Also some boos when the new day prevented Riddle from tagging in Orton)

Oh and one other complaint - for the backstage segments the sound was awful in the arena. We could barely hear what any of the wrestlers were saying.

Toni Storm/Charlotte - I disliked that it basically made Storm look like a chump, and half the place didn't understand how Flair got DQ'd. But the boys liked seeing Flair nonetheless, and at least I got to yell for Baszler once. The Xia Li entrance I think was made for TV, it was hard to see and I'd say only about 10% in the arena knew who she was.

McYntire vs. Seamus - probably my favorite match of the night besides the triple threat tag team. They once again beat the hell out of each other and the boys ate it up. Now my 7 year old wants McYntire's sword. I think my highlight might have been the backstage segment after Drew stabbed his sword into Pearce's desk, then Happy Corbin and his friend stole the desk.

Nakamura/Boogs vs. Lotharios (I think?) - so this was 100% a highlight for us to see Boogs. My boys and I have pretty much been yelling "My name is Rick Booooooogs" around the house for the past 3 weeks. He looked good for the 2 minutes he was in the match, and Nakamura came in for a 2 second kinshasa to end it. Pointless match, but we got to see Boogs.

The dark match afterwards was a fatal four way with Flair, Banks, Belair and Lynch. Cool to see all 4 of them. Flair got on the mic and proclaimed two of these women are on Raw and don't belong here so go home, and she would love to put her title up anywhere but in LA. Got a nice reaction. Match was fun albeit not that long. Highlight for sure - flair and lynch kept doing a pin, then rollin over for other to pin, and roll over again. They did it on my count 8 times before breaking. Charlotte stood up, pretended to be dizzy and face planted on the mat. Very funny. Banks pinned Lynch clean to win which was unexpected. After the match I noticed Flair picked up Lynch's belt and handed it to her. Maybe their heat is diminishing.

Overall - was fun taken with a grain of salt except for way too long merch and concessions lines despite a limited crowd. The boys were disappointed that Reigns wasn't there (how does he take a week off during LA week?) They would go again but I'd love if it was a ppv without commercials. A lot of people were already talking about Wrestlemania in 2023 at Sofi, and how expensive it will be. But we're all itching now for an AEW event which my boys repeatedly said would be "much louder and crazier".
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; December 13th, 2021 at 01:22 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1213 Post(s)

William Regal released. We'll always have the real NXT....