<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3900 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post

My first negative take - show started at 4:45 per tickets. Staples didn't open until 3:45. Knowing they had to check vaccinations and negative tests that would take extra time they couldn't open earlier? By the time we arrived, waiting in line and got in, we barely had enough time to buy 2 replica belts and bolt to our seats (we got there at 3:30 and a crap ton of people already were in line).
    I remember even before the pandemic stuff, I always hated at how late the doors opened at Staples. It's like if you're not already in line hours before, you're going to miss some dark matches and have no time for food/drinks. =\

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1
    Oh and one other complaint - for the backstage segments the sound was awful in the arena. We could barely hear what any of the wrestlers were saying.
    I wonder if this was done intentionally because WWE does nothing but use piped in crowd noises now due to lack of reaction from the live crowd or the fact that it's not generally the reaction they want.

Quote Originally Posted by ucscguy1
    Toni Storm/Charlotte - I disliked that it basically made Storm look like a chump, and half the place didn't understand how Flair got DQ'd. But the boys liked seeing Flair nonetheless, and at least I got to yell for Baszler once. The Xia Li entrance I think was made for TV, it was hard to see and I'd say only about 10% in the arena knew who she was.
    And now looking back at this post... you basically saw one of Toni Storm's "final matches" on WWE. She will be such a good addition to AEW in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1
    Nakamura/Boogs vs. Lotharios (I think?) - so this was 100% a highlight for us to see Boogs. My boys and I have pretty much been yelling "My name is Rick Booooooogs" around the house for the past 3 weeks. He looked good for the 2 minutes he was in the match, and Nakamura came in for a 2 second kinshasa to end it. Pointless match, but we got to see Boogs.
    I guess that's one positive to Boogs being on the main roster. Poor Nakamura though, he really deserves better. They keep talking about how the IC Title isn't as relevant as it used to be, or that The Miz always makes it credible. Yet whenever someone has it, they never make any use of it. It's insane.

-------------------------------------------------

As for more releases including Regal. Man, all signs are pointing more and more to a WWE sale. Vince is probably going to take this money and run as he certainly isn't going to hand over the company to HHH, Steph, or even Shane.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1215 Post(s)

So the boys want to watch Royal Rumble this weekend. I keep egging them on that Cody Rhodes will show up.

My money is on them letting Bron Breakker show up and probably 2 or 3 other nxt folks I haven't heard of (I don't watch anymore). Obviously Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar both win as that's a guaranteed wrestlemania match. The only surprise would be if one of them somehow loses than joins the rumble and wins it (god i hope this doens't happen)

Maybe Rousey. Maybe X-Pac? Maybe Bayley? Maybe Graves?

I'm not really that interested other than looking forward to seeing what kind of stunts Johnny Knoxville will do. And hopefully some R Truth. And Rick Boogs.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; January 26th, 2022 at 02:50 PM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3900 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    So the boys want to watch Royal Rumble this weekend. I keep egging them on that Cody Rhodes will show up.

My money is on them letting Bron Breakker show up and probably 2 or 3 other nxt folks I haven't heard of (I don't watch anymore). Obviously Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar both win as that's a guaranteed wrestlemania match. The only surprise would be if one of them somehow loses than joins the rumble and wins it (god i hope this doens't happen)

Maybe Rousey. Maybe X-Pac? Maybe Bayley? Maybe Graves?

I'm not really that interested other than looking forward to seeing what kind of stunts Johnny Knoxville will do. And hopefully some R Truth. And Rick Boogs.
    It's Rumble season already eh? Dang it, I guess I'll give Peacock the 5 bucks just to watch it. Do your kids WANT Cody to show up? lol

Vince has been known to bury WCW guys hard. Anyone from an outside promotion showing up, no chance in hell they'll look good in the match. That's why I fear the worse for Mickie James. She will either look "good enough" as the Impact Women's Champion and be in the Final 4 before losing, or she'll get eliminated within a minute as a way to insult Impact. Pick your poison.

Why does Rousey need to be in the Rumble? She could always just upstage the winner again and just come out AFTER the match and point at the damn sign.

With all the firings, the roster is looking very thin for the men and especially the women. So that's part of the intrigue for me, to see which random ass people will just show up. I bet they'll manage to get Shane to appear, X-Pac like you mentioned... definitely Corey Graves and Bryon Saxton. They might even have to fill up spots with the usual of Booker T and Jerry Lawler. Also if Mickie James from Impact is there, maybe Heath Slater shows up.

One thing we can bet on is their constant need to push Omos even though he can't wrestle. I expect him to eliminate at least 10 people to show what a "monster" he is. Sorry if I sound super negative. I'll do my best to watch it with an open mind because I always do love the Royal Rumble matches.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1215 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    It's Rumble season already eh? Dang it, I guess I'll give Peacock the 5 bucks just to watch it. Do your kids WANT Cody to show up? lol
    They'd love it. But they'd probably be more excited if Marko Stunt showed up At least we know it won't be DanHausen!

Roster thin or not, it's just the same few people being pushed over and over. So regardless of what happens, Reigns and Lesnar are still on top. Occasionally Lashley, Mcintyre, Rollins, Big E and maybe Kevin Owens will be thrown in to some matches that don't mean anything. And we'll probably get Usos vs. New Day at Wrestlemania for the 299th time.

I don't see who else could possibly headline a women's mania match unless its Becky vs. Charlotte (again), Belair or Rousey in there. It would be a nice redemption story for Belair from losing the title how she did to Lynch, so she'll probably win if it's not Rousey. Asuke ain't never gettin that push. Who else is there really that has any credibility built? But yeah would be absolutely hilarious if someone wins it then Rousey just comes out and points to the Wrestlemania sign.....again.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; Yesterday at 03:09 PM.