Thread: WWE RAW, Smackdown, & PPV Discussion Thread 2012 & 2013

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3899 Post(s)

Thanks for your Mania thoughts! I'll post mine while it's fresh in my head but I'll try to keep it short and sweet for each match.

Man, what a long day overall. Pretty much what I expected from Wrestlemania and I thought it was a mixed bag overall. I too, watched the Pre-Show

Men's Battle Royal: Meh. No surprise NXT stars and no one did much of anything. Bray Wyatt helping Matt Hardy win is good for their storyline moving forward but other than that, the trophy is pointless. It would be hilarious if Matt takes that trophy around and just talks to it though.

Cruiserweight Title Match: Actually a really good match between the two. I was hoping Mustafa Ali would win because Cedric Alexander seems to get opportunities left and right. But this too is his first Cruiserweight Title win I think. But he had so many chances against Neville and Enzo while Ali didn't. But I enjoyed the match.

Women's Battle Royal: What a mess of a match. The NXT girls got to shine a little but they provided nothing to the match overall. I didn't even know Kairi Sane got eliminated either. The Bayley/Sasha Banks story was the focal point of it but then Naomi randomly won because she was never eliminated? Stupid match overall.

IC Title Match: This match was really fun. Loved all the near falls left and right. I didn't care who won this match, it was good. Now all the Shield members are Grand Slam champs.

Smackdown Women's Title Match: Like you, very surprised Asuka lost. This match was great too and I'm happy they got over 15+ minutes. As soon as Charlotte won I was thinking, now's the time to cash in the contract Carmella. But nope, nothing.

US Title Match: Like you said, missed opportunity. Everyone knows how popular Rusev day is but they just don't give a ****. That's just how it works in WWE. If it wasn't originally Vince's plan, he's not going to care how much the crowd likes someone. He's going to remain buried. Jinder winning is alright with me. Better than Roode or Orton to be honest.

Rousey/Angle vs HHH/Steph: Holy crap this match was a lot of fun. I thought Steph was easily going to be the weak link in this match but she really looked like she worked on things in the ring. If anyone felt like a weak link to me, it was Kurt Angle. But overall, the crowd was nuts for it so that made it fun. I think this match stole the show.

Smackdown Tag Title Match: No nonsense match here. Good win for the Bludgeon Brothers. Who can stop them? Authors of Pain?

Cena vs Undertaker: Definitely a waste of time here. I'm sad that Taker had to lose to Brock and Roman because his streak was what made WM special. This match gave Taker another win but overall it was pointless. Plus Cena is leaving again for a few months to film more movies so whatever.

Bryan/Shane vs Owens/Zayn: I actually really dug this match. Probably because I'm a huge fan of Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, and Kevin Owens. The crowd was hot for this match too and I couldn't be any happier for Daniel. Welcome back!

RAW Women's Title Match: Finally Nia wins the title. I still think it should have been a 2 minute match to be honest. But at least they told a story that Alexa can fight back. If Nia lost it would have been silly.

WWE Title Match: This match unfortunately didn't hit the mark for me. They needed to work a faster pace. By the time they started to pick it up, it was already over. Just like the Roderick Strong heel turn, I didn't see it coming from Shinsuke Nakamura. I guess I'm okay with it if it means a rematch between the two at Backlash. Then let Shinsuke win the WWE Title as a heel.

RAW Tag Title Match: I hated this to be honest. While the crowd got a kick out of Nicholas getting picked and winning the RAW Tag Titles. In my eyes, they just made a mockery of the titles. Just think about it... you got the Revival and Goodbrothers jobbing on the Pre-Show and yet Braun and a kid are champs? Meh.

Universal Title Match: This match sucked too. I'm just not a fan of watching 5+ superman punches, 10 suplexs, 5 spears, and 6 F-5s. It's dumb. Very very dumb. The whole, "please feel bad for Roman" card they keep playing is old. Glad the crowd chanted "This is awful" and "boring or bulls***" to it. But they needed to walk out to make a statement and they didn't.

So yeah, there were good stuff and bad stuff. It gets like a 7 out of 10 from me.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1213 Post(s)

Ah yes, Stephanie got in a few good defensive moves to combat Rhonda. But her looking for the tag when HHH wasn't there was priceless.

I really hope they don't just have Asuke return and try and go after Nia's title. Put that off and let Nia keep for awhile. Oh and if they were going to go through having Asuke actually lose (still not over this decision), with Flair crying after the match, I agree this would've been a perfect time for Carmella to cash in. I suppose they were trying to savor the moment of Asuke finally losing a match, but yeah, I think my thoughts on that are pretty clear.

Both battle royals, outside of the small Bayley/Banks segment, were wastes of time.

I didn't even realize Balor had brought out LGBTQ fans (hence the rainbow logo), but that's pretty cool.

Per the dirt rags, Nicholas is the son of one of the wwe referees.

Who is Lesnar's next opponent? (Please not bobby lashley) My guess is we don't find out for a few weeks, I mean they have time between now and his next appearance right? Dirt sheets also saying there was some kind of confrontation between Lesnar and Vince McMahon backstage after the match, but may just be a whole lot of nothing.

And adding to my thoughts - what to do with Roman...he should come out, say he gave his all and yet he still gets booed. He stood up for the locker room, and still got booed. Every ounce of heart he has, he gets booed. Say you're done working for the fans or anyone else. It's all about "me" now, and go heel. Then plow through some people.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; April 9th, 2018 at 10:29 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3899 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Ah yes, Stephanie got in a few good defensive moves to combat Rhonda. But her looking for the tag when HHH wasn't there was priceless.

I really hope they don't just have Asuke return and try and go after Nia's title. Put that off and let Nia keep for awhile. Oh and if they were going to go through having Asuke actually lose (still not over this decision), with Flair crying after the match, I agree this would've been a perfect time for Carmella to cash in. I suppose they were trying to savor the moment of Asuke finally losing a match, but yeah, I think my thoughts on that are pretty clear.

Both battle royals, outside of the small Bayley/Banks segment, were wastes of time.

I didn't even realize Balor had brought out LGBTQ fans (hence the rainbow logo), but that's pretty cool.

Per the dirt rags, Nicholas is the son of one of the wwe referees.

Who is Lesnar's next opponent? (Please not bobby lashley) My guess is we don't find out for a few weeks, I mean they have time between now and his next appearance right? Dirt sheets also saying there was some kind of confrontation between Lesnar and Vince McMahon backstage after the match, but may just be a whole lot of nothing.

And adding to my thoughts - what to do with Roman...he should come out, say he gave his all and yet he still gets booed. He stood up for the locker room, and still got booed. Every ounce of heart he has, he gets booed. Say you're done working for the fans or anyone else. It's all about "me" now, and go heel. Then plow through some people.
    I'm pretty sure Asuka is part of the Smackdown brand now. Or at least that's how it used to work... if they decide what title they're going for, they're part of that show. But who knows, maybe they'll keep her on RAW until the next Superstar Shakeup (whenever that may be).

I think they said something about New Orleans having a big LGBT community which is why Finn had that shirt. Plus it's WWE... easy opportunity to make $$$ right?

Ah the kid is the refs son? That's cool. Obviously we all know it's a plant (it always is), just didn't know who the kid belonged to. At first I assumed it was a Make-A-Wish charity kid. Oh yeah, speaking of plant... one thing that really bothered me (or at least made me roll my eyes) is during the Gargano/Ciampa match. When Ciampa scared an injured Gargano fan at ringside and stole his crutches. That was so forced it was stupid. Why not just have crutches under the ring and say Ciampa put it there because he didn't need it anymore? At least that would fit the story and feel more realistic instead of conveniently stealing it from a "fan".

At this rate... who is going to take the Universal Title off of Brock Lesnar? Do you move Daniel Bryan to RAW? He's the one true face where fans WILL cheer his victory. But other than that... the only guy who Vince will take a chance on is the person you mentioned... Bobby Lashley. lol

As for Roman, he's a lost cause. I remember they refused to turn Cena heel because he does all these Make A Wish stuff. Does Roman even have many requests from kids? I don't see what's preventing him from becoming a full heel. Knowing Vince and WWE... it's going to be the same old **** and Roman will once again Main Event Wrestlemania even if he doesn't win the Royal Rumble.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    666 Post(s)

I read a random tweet that they are booking Charlotte strong so she'll fight Ronda next year at Wrestlemania as the closer. Um, it would still have been awesome if it was Asuka against Ronda.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1213 Post(s)

Hmm

According to Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet, the two had a "heated incident" that ended with Lesnar throwing the WWE Universal Championship belt at McMahon. Lesnar reportedly might have gone "off script" at the end of his high-profile match.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...r-wrestlemania

And the best rumor I've read today so far is saying Reigns gets a rematch tonight and wins the title. No way no how, but imagine what might set off a post-wrestlemania raw crowd more?
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; April 9th, 2018 at 12:43 PM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3899 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    I read a random tweet that they are booking Charlotte strong so she'll fight Ronda next year at Wrestlemania as the closer. Um, it would still have been awesome if it was Asuka against Ronda.
    Interesting. They do value Charlotte like crazy since they had her undefeated at PPVs for a long while a year or two ago. And if you have someone like her beat Asuka, I guess it makes sense that they would rather have Charlotte/Rousey instead of Asuka/Rousey. Especially when you look at it from a promo standpoint...

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Hmm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...r-wrestlemania

And the best rumor I've read today so far is saying Reigns gets a rematch tonight and wins the title. No way no how, but imagine what might set off a post-wrestlemania raw crowd more?
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. Vince knows the crowd will hi-jack the RAW after Mania. Might as well **** all over the crowd because he does like to troll people.

Rink Dawg

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    666 Post(s)

Never forget
    4/8/18 - 4/9/18

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1213 Post(s)

So many thoughts..

Eh already wwe seems to be going overboard in overhyping the after-wrestlemania raw crowd. His crowd was good but not nearly on the level of last year.

And man they are really pushing this Saudi Arabia event. You know, with backlash only a week or so later..

good debut for ember moon. Showcased well and credit bliss and James for allowing a squash. Feud with bliss or James wouldn’t be a bad intro for her.

Reigns vs lesnar in a steel cage in Saudi Arabia? I guess they couldn’t deal with a US crowd’s reaction when he finally beats him. And joe facing him at backlash? Soooo disjointed.

You know, no way jose is just the right amount of silly humor that will surely get over with wwe crowds. And a 30 second win over a jobber? Brilliant! Mid card 4 life. Now if he can get to get strowman to dance..

Relinquishing the tag titles - okay still not down that it was so easy to beat a tag team, but that works. There’s hope for the revival yet. Not so much for gallows and Anderson.

The miz: “You made my little princess cry.” I love it.

Crowd interaction with Elias I think pretty much had him 2 seconds from laughing and/or crying. And Lashley ruined it. I was more excited for ember and jose.

Angle with the line of the night - “I hear Tna is hiring.”

The second I saw Hawkins and Rhyno, did anyone not think here come AoP...it’s actually pretty funny that Angle had just told Zayn and Owens his tag team division was already full. I suppose that’s after hiring AoP. They dissed ellering already? What?
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; April 10th, 2018 at 08:18 AM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1213 Post(s)

dirt sheets saying this morning Lesnar's new deal may only be for two or three more appearances. No idea if this is true, but if so Reigns is definitely winning the title in Saudi Arabia (by which I'm sure Vince feels will be a more receptive crowd)

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    810 Post(s)

"We are scumbags."