All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    At tonight's Backlash PPV they used Fink's voice to announce Edge and Orton. I'll have to admit, that's kind of cool.

https://streamable.com/6cd13u

Though on a side note, the dirt sheets are saying Edge tore his tricep taping the match. That sucks. But thankfully it's not his neck.
    I actually watched the match. I laughed that the ref had the old school blue shirt with tuxedo bowtie too. For guys their age they put on a pretty good match. Nowhere near the "best match over" which was a dumb tagline to begin with. But man it was definitely on the better side of what I've seen lately. Lots of mat wrestling and lots of power strikes as it went on. I know wwe had some people in the crowd but it sure sounded like they were piping in fake crowd noise, at least on my tv.

I heard the same about Edge's injury which would is a big bummer if true.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1152 Post(s)

Sorry TooCool

An update on Kairi Sane’s WWE status (SPOILER)
    By Sean Rueter@s1rude Jul 20, 2020, 1:35pm EDT

A couple weeks ago, reports came out that Kairi Sane - winner of the first Mae Young Classic, and a former NXT Women’s & WWE Women’s Tag Team champion - would be leaving the company to return to Japan.

WWE allegedly had plans to write her off at the end of her contract, and a big match with her tag partner Asuka that could be a fitting send-off for the Pirate Princess has been teased. But there were also rumors that negotiations were ongoing, so fans were holding out hope that Sane’s time in the States wasn’t ending four years after it began.

PWInsider has bad news for anyone who was hoping to see much more of Kairi in WWE, however. Today (July 20) is Sane’s final date with the company, which means the two episodes of Raw (tonight’s and next Monday’s) being taped at the Performance Center are the last we’ll see of her for a while.

Kairi is said to be leaving on good terms and “will remain part of WWE’s extended family.” There was supposedly talk she could serve as an ambassador for the company in Japan, but if that’s the plan, we’ll likely have to wait until after a COVID vaccine is available to find out.

For now, the joshi legend will settle into life as a newlywed in her home country.

We wish her the best, and look forward to seeing what she does next. And how WWE explains her departure over the next two Mondays.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1152 Post(s)

Raw Underground

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1152 Post(s)

You know at first I was like Asuke is already wrestling Banks at Summerslam, why did she have to win the battle royal and also wrestle Bayley. (Still unclear if it becomes a triple threat or two separate matches, but assuming two). Then I'm thinking this could be a way to start the breakup of Bayley/Sasha. Imagine Asuke wrestles Bayley and Sasha gets involved to help Bayley win. Then imagine Sasha is on the ropes but Bayley offers no assistance. The rift may start. Of course this could be done in Bayley's match with someone outside of Asuke too. And if Asuke loses both matches I may lose it.

The Fiend/Strowman/Bliss storyline has been interesting, with the Fiend technically having "changed" Braun. Does Bliss also change and become a pawn for the Fiend? Potentially then go all out on Cross who tried apologizing? Is it all a ruse?

There is potential in those storylines if they don't screw it up. Then I read things like this and facepalm:

"WhatCulture Wrestling is reporting Summerslam plans are showing a slew of false finishes in order to make Payback (literally a week later) more appealing."
    I have no idea what WhatCulture Wrestling is or if that's legit, but do they need a ppv a week later?

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1152 Post(s)

Anyone here? Bueller?

I watched Payback which ended up being kind of a fun ppv.

A few thoughts:

1. My 5 year old was crushed Sasha Banks lost another title. I ordered him one of her shirts for his birthday in three weeks and hope he'll still wear it. They're inching closer to the bayley/banks breakup finally, unless they stall even more. The matchup of Nia Jax and Baszler while deadly was kind of thrown together out of nowhere. Would've loved if a true tag team beat them (e.g. iconis, or riott squad) and let Baszler/Jax just fight each other, but damn Baszler putting the double submission move on Bayley and Banks at the same time was awesome!

2. Heel Roman Reigns is kind of fun, but I'm sketchy on Paul Heyman. Has he basically just become another Brock Lesnar? While I also dislike having the Fiend lose the title AGAIN, having Reigns wait out and sign the contract after Wyatt and Strowman beat the hell out of each other to win the title was so smooth. But come on, the Fiend is this out of this world mega-entity and he is taken out of the match by one kick to the groin? I am also intrigued by Bliss going full Harley Quinn, wherever that may lead.

3. Orton in the middle of a program with McIntyre, but did Keith Lee just beat him cleanly? Cleanly???? Bask in his glory....

4. Seamus/Big E: geezus they beat the heck out of each other and you could feel each shot through the tv.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1152 Post(s)

So if anything, I watched the Bayley/Sasha Hell in the Cell and Shirai/LeRae tables match and both were really good. I'm surprised Bayley lost already, and I'm surprised Lerae can still walk.