Thread: Tales from the beer league part 2

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Does anyone know of any teams looking for players in Westminster, Lakewood, or Anaheim? I am looking for a team to join or sub on.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1487 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrews View Post
    Does anyone know of any teams looking for players in Westminster, Lakewood, or Anaheim? I am looking for a team to join or sub on.
    I gave ya that info yesterday on ModSquadHOckey.

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

HAHA I know but someone recommended this forum as well. I have reached out to all the numbers I could but havent been able to get a hold of anyone.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1487 Post(s)

HAHA I know but someone recommended this forum as well. I have reached out to all the numbers I could but havent been able to get a hold of anyone.
    That doesn't surprise me. When I was looking for a team at Westminster I had zero luck. And then when Rick finally replied to me, he told me to come out to the "draft skate" at Anaheim, which was suppose to cover the Westminster and Anaheim leagues??? I had skated out at Lakewood for many years, but just last April was my first season in goal, so I joined a Rookie team there to start off in net with, now I am playing Copper and subbing in Bronze once in awhile. Did you try emailing them as well? I know many seasons are just starting up again, our 3rd game of the season is tomorrow night at Lakewood.

Here is Scott Workman's email addy, he runs the Lakewood leagues: SWorkman@the-rinks.com

1st Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Scott's pretty good at finding people a team. I need to do that myself as my old team moved to a new night that I can't play. There are plenty of teams that don't have enough players. He'll find you one of those teams if you need to join in the middle of the season but I think they prefer you to do a draft skate if possible. Good luck.

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yipperzz View Post
    Scott's pretty good at finding people a team. I need to do that myself as my old team moved to a new night that I can't play. There are plenty of teams that don't have enough players. He'll find you one of those teams if you need to join in the middle of the season but I think they prefer you to do a draft skate if possible. Good luck.
    The draft skates are only before the new season starts?

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3978 Post(s)

Good luck finding a team Andrews

Life as a sub pre move is strange. I'm in for the exhibition game it seems, not sure if I should play D for my old team or make them get other people used to it. Ah well I'm just there to skate so I'll go where they put me.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1487 Post(s)

The draft skates are only before the new season starts?
    Yes, and it is next to impossible to find out when the date is for those things. They usually are a couple weeks before the season starts.

I wanted to do the one for Copper last season but ended up subbing for a Copper team then came on full-time for them. Ideally I'd like to get on a Bronze team, but those games are typically Wednesday nights at Lakewood. It was hard to navigate the site though to find out when the draft skate was, as it had a "TBD" on it forever...

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    That doesn't surprise me. When I was looking for a team at Westminster I had zero luck. And then when Rick finally replied to me, he told me to come out to the "draft skate" at Anaheim, which was suppose to cover the Westminster and Anaheim leagues??? I had skated out at Lakewood for many years, but just last April was my first season in goal, so I joined a Rookie team there to start off in net with, now I am playing Copper and subbing in Bronze once in awhile. Did you try emailing them as well? I know many seasons are just starting up again, our 3rd game of the season is tomorrow night at Lakewood.

Here is Scott Workman's email addy, he runs the Lakewood leagues: SWorkman@the-rinks.com
    Thanks for Scott's email he has been able to put me in touch with a few teams. I really appreciate the help.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1487 Post(s)

Got the shutout last night, 3-0! This team beat us the last two times we played them, so it's a good feel!

In my opinion we should have worked them since they only had two subs and we had nearly three full lines! And of course they had a golden opportunity with under 10 seconds left....nail biter!