Page 56 of 110 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales from the beer league part 2

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

Good game last night! Beat the undefeated team feels good to knock em off that streak. They have really good players all around but we are just getting better with time. @Peggy_GKG Had a beaut of a goal simply cause he worked ****ing hard for it had about 4 shots on goal before it went in lol. Im still pointless smh and i realized how cheap hockey pants suck fell on my ass and these pants have no padding at all. Hate that we have these 2 weeks off cause they are "clinic" weeks i just wanna play god dammit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

Correction I got 1 point on a assist! Woot.

Images
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xLAxKingsx View Post
    Good game last night! Beat the undefeated team feels good to knock em off that streak. They have really good players all around but we are just getting better with time. @Peggy_GKG Had a beaut of a goal simply cause he worked ****ing hard for it had about 4 shots on goal before it went in lol. Im still pointless smh and i realized how cheap hockey pants suck fell on my ass and these pants have no padding at all. Hate that we have these 2 weeks off cause they are "clinic" weeks i just wanna play god dammit.
    Yeah I was gonna say I saw you had an assist on Pointstreak. Of course I didn't even get credit for that goal

Refs/scorekeeper were clearly on crack, I was the only person within 10 feet of the net and took 4 swings at it, but whatever. That was a fun game and glad we got the win against the top team who also had about 7 more players than we did

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy_GKG View Post
    Yeah I was gonna say I saw you had an assist on Pointstreak. Of course I didn't even get credit for that goal

Refs/scorekeeper were clearly on crack, I was the only person within 10 feet of the net and took 4 swings at it, but whatever. That was a fun game and glad we got the win against the top team who also had about 7 more players than we did
    Wait the fuq? How did you not get that? You were the only one in that area wacking at it smh. It was fun seeing them run 3 lines of forwards vs our 2 but its still fun being short on the bench lots of ice time.

All Star
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    810 Post(s)

The good news is we won our game last night, but the bad news is that we gave up a 4-0 lead while doing it. Still, two points is two points. Personally had a decent skate with one sliding blocked shot, a backcheck that thwarted a slap shot attempt and an assist.

Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1550 Post(s)

How did PGKG not score on the 2nd or 3rd hack at the puck? lol.

Don't be too surprised by teams not playing well with more players, it happens a lot. In fact, I found it much harder to keep fresh and stay in a rhythm when I played on a wing with three lines. Way too much down time.

We play tonight at 7:50pm, I'll do a report on it tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by beedee; July 25th, 2016 at 02:18 PM.

Images
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    How did PGKG not score on the 2nd or 3rd hack at the puck? lol.

Don't be too surprised by teams not playing well with more players, it happens a lot. In fact, I found it much harder to keep fresh and stay in a rhythm when I played on a wing with three lines. Way too much down time.

We play tonight at 7:50pm, I'll do a report on it tomorrow morning.
    First two shots were rebounds, I was right in front of the goalie and he smothered 'em. Third time I finally had enough room to get it up and over his pads, while fighting off the D.

Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1550 Post(s)

We took another big fat L last night, 7-2.

The good, I got credit for another goal that I didn't score, the bad, I got credit for a penalty that I didn't take. That brings my total goals to 3 in 3 games, with only 1 actual scored!

Nothing exciting to report at all. We had 10 skaters, so two even lines was very nice. Once again, the goalie let in at least 4 very soft goals. Unfortunately I was paired up with the weakest D guy on our team, and that resulted in me being a -3 on the night. I know it is just beer league, but the frustrations were real. Regarding my defensive play, I would always play the passing lane and take/cover/tie-up the winger on my side, leaving a clear view of the incoming shot for the goalie...which is about all I could do. Also, my D partner isn't a very strong skater, and can't really skate backwards, he got Scuderi'ed at least 5 times, 3 of which resulted in goals.
    I felt like our centers weren't back-checking nor picking up the player in the high slot. I could only cover one guy, and it seemed as if the other team had one extra person unmolested in the slot/high-slot area. Our forwards failed to produce goals again, and both of our goals were scored by the defense. I did have two clappers from the point that got through traffic and ultimately saved, and a couple wristers as well. It is fun kind of saucing in a floater on net about 2 feet off the ice and hoping for a redirect or crazy bounce. I know as a goalie those were hard AF to stop.

Oh well, it is nice to get out there and skate. I have been experimenting with the eye-lets on my skates, the last two games I left the very top one un-done. While this allowed a better range of motion, I did feel a bit wobbly out there. Next week I plan on lacing them all the way up (as I used to do). I know the range of motion won't be as good, but my foot will feel more secure in the boot.
    Last edited by beedee; July 29th, 2016 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    he got Scuderi'ed at least 5 times, 3 of which resulted in goals.

We had a clinic last night skipped it since it was a 1040 start time. If it was a game id be there. Next week is another clinic and ill head to that one as its at 9pm more doable. Hate having to wait 2 weeks for another game.

Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1550 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xLAxKingsx View Post

We had a clinic last night skipped it since it was a 1040 start time. If it was a game id be there. Next week is another clinic and ill head to that one as its at 9pm more doable. Hate having to wait 2 weeks for another game.
    I did the same thing to all of the rookie clinics after seeing how lame the very first one was. Back to back clinics is rough, it sucks when having to wait so long to play another game. Bye weeks suck too, unless they are for a good reason.

Our next game is this Sunday at 7:05pm, i might be going off-roading up in Big Bear, so I'm not sure if I'll be back in time to play.