Images
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xLAxKingsx View Post

We had a clinic last night skipped it since it was a 1040 start time. If it was a game id be there. Next week is another clinic and ill head to that one as its at 9pm more doable. Hate having to wait 2 weeks for another game.
    You didn't miss much. A few Gulls were there. We worked on slapshots a bit which was rather comical since most of the people there can barely get one going. Fortunately we have a guy on our team with a laser, I've gotten a few deflections of blasts from the point but haven't gotten anything to go in yet, that's one of my goals for the season is to score on a deflection. There were only 12 skaters there last night from all 4 teams so don't feel bad about not making it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy_GKG View Post
    You didn't miss much. A few Gulls were there. We worked on slapshots a bit which was rather comical since most of the people there can barely get one going. Fortunately we have a guy on our team with a laser, I've gotten a few deflections of blasts from the point but haven't gotten anything to go in yet, that's one of my goals for the season is to score on a deflection. There were only 12 skaters there last night from all 4 teams so don't feel bad about not making it.
    Damn sounds like plenty of good open ice to practice on. Ill be there for Thursday clinic though ill be heading to KHS for some weekend stick time. Dude on our team with the clapper comes as a laser i was down low for one by the time my stick went up for a possible deflection his shot already hit the goalie Ill be working on my forward to backwards transition in these 2 weeks its affecting my game big time having my back to the play.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4358 Post(s)

Well I hate to say it but i'm running into a similar experience as beedee. Our goalie is simply not very good. I wouldn't mind so much except he blew his cool last night and the meltdown happened for a few reasons.
    1) They had six skaters, in his mind he was thinking automatic win. I watched two of their guys in warmups and thought oh **** our only chance is to keep the puck away from those guys
    2) One of their good guys had an absolute laser of a shot, quick release too. All game long if we forced him wide or into an early shot he was taking head shots at our goalie. Hit him in the mask three times. He was clearly trying to get him hot....and it worked.
    3) We were up 4-2 in the third and one of their not so good guys wristed a floater from the point. Instead of dropping down our goalie tried a good ol' fashioned kick save, missed and the puck went off the inside of his leg and into the net. An absolute terrible goal
    4) Immediately after that sensing blood their best guy with the laser shot pushed forward off the faceoff. I was on the ice and knew it was coming so he came straight in on me one on one. I was coming right to left and i'm a lefty so I was on my backhand with the sweep and he was on his forehand. I sweep the puck and his stick, and it pops straight up into his chest and of course he pushes it forward onto his backhand getting an inside step into the lane and an easy slot goal on our still fuming goalie. I know I played it right but it would have been better if I got my stick in position and swept back forehand to push him to the corner. Bad timing to have that play bounce wrong.
    5) One of the rookies on our team calls time out immediately following this.....terrible idea. The goalie is pissed this guys been beating him all night and he doesn't really want to talk about it so he bitches instead.
    6) We stay in it tied up until about 2 minutes to go when the good guy comes breaking down the wing again on his forehand. I force him wide to the dot and he knows he cant cut the middle so he winds up to shoot. Well it hits our goalies blocker and bounces backwards in for the go ahead goal.

Now all of this wouldn't have bothered me so badly except our goalie kept fuming after the game. The comments were stupid too, "I can't believe we let one guy beat us" "We should have skated them off the rink' all kinds of ignorant comments but the one that chapped my ass was when he said our D was one handing it all night and letting him shoot. I'm not quite sure what he was getting at but of course we were and its not like we weren't trying to get our stick in front of his but the dude was good so we needed him to commit to the shot and his release was fast so we couldn't get there. The fact that he let in two terrible goals never popped out of his mouth.

If I was playing competitively I would say I don't mind goalie head cases if they are good. But I'm not playing competitively and I'll be honest I can't deal with goalies giving terrible advice to the team that is bad hockey and also won't help you win. Anyway I've found a rink closer to the house and I'm going to be a little more serious about checking the league situation there.

Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1550 Post(s)

We lost, 10-1. My D linemate score our only goal, a clapper from the point. Offense continues to fail to produce, goalie continues to let in soft goals (6 last night.)

Take a look at this Goals Against stat for our team, pretty sad, or impressive depending on how you look at it. (I have highlighted our team's row)

And the extra kick in the nuts is, we have a game at 10:35pm tonight.....

All Star
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    810 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post

Take a look at this Goals Against stat for our team, pretty sad, or impressive depending on how you look at it. (I have highlighted our team's row)
    At least you are more aptly named than the Snipers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTigerIn View Post
    At least you are more aptly named than the Snipers.
    I was thinking the same thing lol.

That sucks @beedee good luck on your game tonight thought hopefully the forwards show up for you.

Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1550 Post(s)

I didn't play in our game last night, but it looks like we won, 1-0.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    219 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    I didn't play in our game last night, but it looks like we won, 1-0.
    You play you lose... You dont play your team wins... Its not looking good. @beedee

Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1550 Post(s)

My co worker said the same thing.

Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1550 Post(s)

Got some new skates yesterday at the Hockey Giant sale. Currently at Lakewood trying to break them in at a Public Skate. I forgot how bad it sucks breaking in new skates!

On top of that, my Grafs have a forward lean holder, putting you more on your toes when skating. Bauer does not have that lean, and it feels like I'm learning to skate all over again! :|

Here they are, Bauer Vapor x500, size 7 EE. To be honest they weren't even on my radar but gave them a shot after trying on a CCM Tacks, CCM Jetspeed, Bauer Supreme and a Bauer Nexus. These Vapors had the best heel lock and feel out of all of the skates I tried on.

We have a game Monday at 9, my feet will still throb, and I'll feel like a noob.