Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    810 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xLAxKingsx View Post
    I still need to work on my stopping and skating with a good knee bend
    I hope you make it to the finals. As for the knee bend, I've been told by a reliable source that if you don't think you're skating with enough knee bend that keeping your bottom hand a little lower on your stick than you think you should can help get you to skate deeper without thinking about it too much.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1543 Post(s)

Maybe post a video of you skating and we can offer up some suggestions?

Have Heart
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    214 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    But did @Peggy_GKG drop the gloves?

In all seriousness, bummer about another SO loss. That is crazy how many times you guys have gone into the SO with that team!
    Lulz Dave was sick before the game but toughed it out. There was one instance where i think he was about to drop em though!

Ill have to post a vid of my terrible skating for the pointers ill dig for one up! Btw here are some pics of the team one of our teammates couldnt play so he snapped some pictures.

@Peggy_GKG taking a face off im to his left

Dave finding his inner looch fighting for space infront.

Line change! Me in the white helmet and dave to my right.

Last edited by xLAxKingsx; August 31st, 2016 at 02:23 PM.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    810 Post(s)

Oof. Orange vs Red. Must be fun for the refs!

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1543 Post(s)

Nice pix man, looked like you guys were having fun! And like LTI said, Orange v.s. Red, yikes.

P.S.
    Someone tell Dave to lower his hands on his stick and get his feet wide when he is taking a face off. (unless he was trying to bat it forward to the other teams D)

1st Scoring Line
    Images
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    Nice pix man, looked like you guys were having fun! And like LTI said, Orange v.s. Red, yikes.

P.S.
    Someone tell Dave to lower his hands on his stick and get his feet wide when he is taking a face off. (unless he was trying to bat it forward to the other teams D)
    Yeah those pics seem like they were taken right at a weird time, I certainly don't remember holding the stick that high up or being that upright during the faceoffs. But I guess it's possible. I don't typically play Center so I'm not particularly versed at faceoffs but I knew I'd be playing C that night so I tried to make sure I was doing it at least a little right. It was definitely easier for me to go to the forehand rather than backhand. Fortunately looks like I'm back to my usual position at RW for our last two games.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1543 Post(s)

No games for us this past holiday weekend. We are back at it on Monday. I wonder if we'll reach the .500 mark? We are 5-6 right now.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3846 Post(s)

Don't mean to brag, but....yes I do....I am heading out to St. Louis Blues Fantasy Camp tomorrow (It's Thurs-Sat). I'll give an update when I can move again.....we play 2 full 60 games each afternoon (no morning games). So 6 games in 3 days. And most of mine are on the Olympic sized ice. And, of course, my "bad" shoulder has been giving me a lot of trouble the past few days. Gonna be a weekend of booze and Advil. My team name is Let's Go Booze.....

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, BROWNIE!

1st Scoring Line
    Images
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xLAxKingsx View Post
    So we had our final regular season game Saturday. We played the 4th place team who we beat 8-1 previous game. I havent scored a goal all season and it still didnt happen Everyone showed up so running 3 lines sucked cause it was very little ice time. But i had a few very good looks in 3rd we where up 9-1 and team really tried feeding me passes and all that to get me that goal which i appreciated. Also according to David i had the girl in our team yelling for me to score as if she was having a orgasm. But other than that we played as good as we have been. We got 1st place! @Peggy_GKG had 2 ****ing nice goals i got on video so ill pull that from go pro and throw it up on here to see. He also got the game puck for having the longest point all season 7 games! Almost 2 ppg.

Playoffs are next our first game is against the 2nd place team who are good and we have a tight game against. Hopefully we end up winning it all. Despite the no goals its been a fun first season for me getting on the ice weekly is great and its helping me improve overall. I will have a goal before the season ends though cant go out without it. I still need alot of work though but its in progress. I will be playing next season aswell at Anahiem Ice seemed decent and wouldnt mind playing again with some of the people in our current team if they stick around.
    Need to see those videos bro! Those were probably the two nicest goals I've ever scored. First one I chipped the puck off the defender's stick right inside their blue line and then took off on the breakaway, lifted a nice shot over the goalie's left shoulder right from the middle of the slot, he didn't have a chance. Second one I don't remember as cleanly but I'm pretty sure I was coming down the right hand side into the zone, took a pass and lifted a shot over his RIGHT shoulder and off the post into the net, definitely handcuffed him.

Best part of that game though probably no one noticed, all night one of their guys was on me pretty good, just being a general pest, lifting the stick, boxing me out, playing tight on me. Towards the end of the game he got the puck and I was deep in their zone. He started skating up and I gave chase, eventually caught him from behind as he reached our blue line, got the puck off his stick and chipped it deep into the zone, then skated past him and took control for the clear. I doubt anyone gave that much attention but especially since it was late in the game I was rather proud of myself for making a pretty solid defensive play.

Unfortunately that game was the last one I've scored in, gone scoreless in our next two which is weighing a bit heavy on me. Good news our next game is against this same team and I usually do pretty well against them so it should be a good opportunity to get back on the score sheet. This one is a must win if we want to play for the Championship.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1543 Post(s)

Yes, we need to see the videos! Nice job on that back-check man, those are the types of plays that typically go un-noticed by the average joe'schmoe, but we here on LGK appreciate those types of plays!