4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1485 Post(s)

And two more Lakewood losses to report, 7-0 last week, and 6-0 last night. One game remaining. (1-9 on the season)

And two more Artesia wins to report, 5-3 two Fridays ago, and 8-3 this past Friday. Two games remaining, one point out of first place. (9-3-1-1 on the season)

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3977 Post(s)

One day beedee will know victory again

I put the D in RICHARSON
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    593 Post(s)

finally got to try out my new skates... holy crap I can fly on these! (still can't stop haha)

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1485 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    One day beedee will know victory again
    Not at this rate.....we were up 5-4 going into the 3rd last Wednesday at Lakewood, gave up 6 unanswered goals for a 10-5 loss. That season is done.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3439 Post(s)

Last game of my miserable, zero-wins season tonight at 10:15. Will the Riptide actually win a game this season?? We have a couple of subs coming who should be helpful. We have a chance....only lost 5-4 to this team last time we played them....I'll post the update later!
    Astoundingly, my team seems like it wants to stay together for more brutalization in the future. (hopefully the league will get a bit more balanced)

If you're gonna stop me, you're gonna have to whack me - Jim Fox 1/5/19

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3439 Post(s)

We won!! 5-1! No goals or assists for me, but a pretty good game for me at forward. I've been playing D all season. (Which is part of why we lost all those games, lol). The subs we brought in were definitely ringers, but we deserved a win!
    Also, my teammates informed me we actually won another game way back the 2nd game of the season. That's like a lifetime ago to me, as I have become a grandma in that time span and have no memory of pre-grandma life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    Last game of my miserable, zero-wins season tonight at 10:15. Will the Riptide actually win a game this season?? We have a couple of subs coming who should be helpful. We have a chance....only lost 5-4 to this team last time we played them....I'll post the update later!
    Astoundingly, my team seems like it wants to stay together for more brutalization in the future. (hopefully the league will get a bit more balanced)

If you're gonna stop me, you're gonna have to whack me - Jim Fox 1/5/19

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1485 Post(s)

1-1 tie on Saturday night, the team we played had played right before us too, d'oh! Nothing notable to report. We are still in 4th, and they are still in 3rd after the game (we both have 21 points). One more game remains, then the top 4 will have playoffs.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3977 Post(s)

The Friday night edition of our skate was a rough one for me. First week without the knee brace, but I wore it on the ice. Felt relatively comfortable although I had two moments where I blew out and went down, but in a good pushing the edge way not a hurting myself way. Still it was the first skate in a long time where I felt like I wasn't driving any offense. Hit a couple stretch passes but that was about it. Defensively had a couple one on one moments where I felt proud but there were more moments where I lost a dude behind me in coverage than I care to admit. Tough skate overall. Now I'm off the ice after Wednesday for two weeks. Hope I remember how to hockey

Have Heart
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

My Login finally worked!

Season was decent but terrible.

I played better felt better and played D for most games! Holy **** do i love playing that position more than winger. Went 1-10 lol our goalie which is an awesome lady! Just couldn't keep up even though she plays rookie cause of her age 65! It really made it hard to win when she couldn't get up.

Starting new season this week and finally got this thing working.

Have Heart
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    178 Post(s)

Fall season about to start...

So for rookie they have a Draft clinic instead of a scrimmage to gauge peoples playing level. Its kinda fun not required but I usually go since its a clinic and they have coaching going on.

Anaheim Ice has usually had a decent turn out of players but it being rookie league they limit it to 4 teams. Explanation we got was because they only want to limit 2 time slots for Rookie League. Usually dont mind it cause it averages to about 12 players max. Still plenty of ice time...

Not this season we have 74 players and 4 teams! When they told us it was about 18 players per team!
    i couldn't believe it. They ended up offering people refunds after the clinic since people complained. I might have to take that refund an look for a new home. But we'll see how man players dropped whenever they send out teams. No way am i getting decent ice time playing with 3 lines.

Im sad.