Results 1,091 to 1,094 of 1094

Thread: Tales from the beer league part 2

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3912 Post(s)

I dropped out of my beer league for this season....too much going on for me in the next few months, and the 2-13 and 4-11 seasons we just finished were disheartening. 2 guys having babies in the next few weeks, so they're out for a bit, and a couple other guys who had said they were in for the full season last season but never showed up. So, it was becoming very frustrating to be the team captain.

I'll still be doing clinics - there is an awesome adult clinic at Pano now on Mondays - and then my ladies pickup on Tuesdays at Simi.

Gotta keep skating so I don't turn "old"!!
    THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, BROWNIE!

I put the D in RICHARSON Luc SkyBomba's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    613 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    I dropped out of my beer league for this season....too much going on for me in the next few months, and the 2-13 and 4-11 seasons we just finished were disheartening. 2 guys having babies in the next few weeks, so they're out for a bit, and a couple other guys who had said they were in for the full season last season but never showed up. So, it was becoming very frustrating to be the team captain.

I'll still be doing clinics - there is an awesome adult clinic at Pano now on Mondays - and then my ladies pickup on Tuesdays at Simi.

Gotta keep skating so I don't turn "old"!!
    I remember those days when only like 3 people would show up... it's rough. That said, I gotta get back into it haha.

Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1550 Post(s)

Subbed last night on my full-time team from last year. We didnt have a goalie, and the other team was the first place team. They were cool though and took it easy and did a lot of passing before finally putting the puck in the net. I think the final score was 6-2? It was a fun game though, kind of a good way for me to ease back into the swing of things. The game had a very low-key feel to it, which was good, but then also kind of bad because I found that I didnt really care as much as I would have if we had a goalie....guessing most felt that way.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4356 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    Subbed last night on my full-time team from last year. We didnt have a goalie, and the other team was the first place team. They were cool though and took it easy and did a lot of passing before finally putting the puck in the net. I think the final score was 6-2? It was a fun game though, kind of a good way for me to ease back into the swing of things. The game had a very low-key feel to it, which was good, but then also kind of bad because I found that I didnt really care as much as I would have if we had a goalie....guessing most felt that way.
    Those games are always the worst when you're on the other side. I mean there's no honest way to play the game, but you still want to have the win. So you risk getting it testy by pumping in a few quick ones to build a margin? Take it easy thinking you can turn it on? Even just holding possession is rubbing it in the other teams face. I wouldn't read too much into the emotions, there's competitive beer hockey, and then there's too competitive for your own good if you thought being on the other side of one of those games said anything about your competitiveness.