Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    858 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Ooo. Thanks Senor. Those are fancy, I like the way you shop. All sizes, extra soft and a v-neck option (for the ladies); nice.

I'm going with the chant lyrics because if you're going to wear a t-shirt of a fictional player from a fictional team it might as well be the lyrics to a fictional chant written about said player.

Almost caught up, and ready for the Finale tomorrow. =)

All Star
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)

Cobra Kai season 4 trailer is out on YouTube. You can search for it. Didn’t post it because of a curse word and this is a family friendly website. It starts 12/31.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    474 Post(s)

I was searching through Amazon Prime and came across "Murder on the Orient Express" 1974 directed by Sidney Lumet and a who's who of a cast from Albert Finney as Poirot to Sean Connery, Lauren Bacall , Ingrid Bergman , Anthony Perkins and many others. Been years since I saw this version and greatly enjoyed it.
    "Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    858 Post(s)

Re: Ted Lasso

I am so mad at Nate right now! What in the actual Eff?*fumes* And yes, my tone deaf ass sang every word of Karma Police. What is this show doing to me?

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Re: Ted Lasso

I am so mad at Nate right now! What in the actual Eff?*fumes* And yes, my tone deaf ass sang every word of Karma Police. What is this show doing to me?
    Spoiler alert

It still fits! What do you want to bet next season comes down to a last game between Richmond and West Ham for relegation?

And please tell me everyone caught the Rick Vaughn/Roger Dorn homage between Kent and Tartt.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    858 Post(s)

Spoiler alert

It still fits! What do you want to bet next season comes down to a last game between Richmond and West Ham for relegation?

And please tell me everyone caught the Rick Vaughn/Roger Dorn homage between Kent and Tartt.
    AAAAAHHH. Cried at least twice in that finale episode. Do we really have to wait a year to watch a new one?
    Yes, ucsd, the dorks caught the homage.

If it helps, I am where you were two weeks ago, every day without my Roy Kent shirt feels empty. How will strangers that see me outside that have appletv and watch Ted Lasso know that my love for Roy Kent is here, there and every ******* where?

I'm going to check the mail right now!

Final thought: F. Nate.

All Star
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)

Even though we saw Nate’s decent into what he became, I still thought his explanation to Ted was really weak. Daddy didn’t give him enough attention? Really? Even though the person that plays Nate tweeted out all the clues of his decent, it still didn’t satisfy me. Otherwise, great episode and series.
    https://twitter.com/nickmohammed/sta...686064135?s=21

I think there will be redemption next season because of this show but if they decide to do more than 3 seasons, that may not be the case.
    Last edited by Kaos; October 13th, 2021 at 12:02 AM.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    858 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Even though we saw Nate’s decent into what he became, I still thought his explanation to Ted was really weak. Daddy didn’t give him enough attention? Really? Even though the person that plays Nate tweeted out all the clues of his decent, it still didn’t satisfy me. Otherwise, great episode and series.
    https://twitter.com/nickmohammed/sta...686064135?s=21

I think there will be redemption next season because of this show but if they decide to do more than 3 seasons, that may not be the case.
    Kaos: The progression made sense to me because I watched all the episodes in a week and a half period. Brag.

Nate started as an unseen person and was shocked by the new coach's acknowledgment of existence (low self esteem), then progressed into surprise when Ted included him in "team" activities to slowly be supported by a person in authority and rewarded with a promotion (personal growth). Yay! Nate! Season two, we find out his dad hates everything and Nate is still in that destructive relationship trying to please the unpleasable, so when Ted courts/hires Roy as a new coach he feels betrayed (a tiny thing that triggers a backside to a familiar pattern of that everyone hates me mindset). Then it's just a downward spiral of self loathing decisions.

On to happier things, took the Buzzfeed quiz Which Ted Lasso character are you. I'm a Sam. Weird, for sure I thought I'd be a Beard/Rebecca combo but...hey not going to turn down that kind of goodness.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamiejirak1...racter-are-you

Enjoy!

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Kaos: The progression made sense to me because I watched all the episodes in a week and a half period. Brag.

Nate started as an unseen person and was shocked by the new coach's acknowledgment of existence (low self esteem), then progressed into surprise when Ted included him in "team" activities to slowly be supported by a person in authority and rewarded with a promotion (personal growth). Yay! Nate! Season two, we find out his dad hates everything and Nate is still in that destructive relationship trying to please the unpleasable, so when Ted courts/hires Roy as a new coach he feels betrayed (a tiny thing that triggers a backside to a familiar pattern of that everyone hates me mindset). Then it's just a downward spiral of self loathing decisions.

On to happier things, took the Buzzfeed quiz Which Ted Lasso character are you. I'm a Sam. Weird, for sure I thought I'd be a Beard/Rebecca combo but...hey not going to turn down that kind of goodness.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamiejirak1...racter-are-you

Enjoy!
    Holy *** nice psycho-analysis. "Nate is a ****" would've worked too. The best part of this show is its supreme optimism, so I hope Nate finds some sort of redemption a la jamie tartt.

and fuuuuu*** me I got Nate on that quiz. Total BS I'm definitely more Higgins.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    858 Post(s)

Holy *** nice psycho-analysis. "Nate is a ****" would've worked too. The best part of this show is its supreme optimism, so I hope Nate finds some sort of redemption a la jamie tartt.

and fuuuuu*** me I got Nate on that quiz. Total BS I'm definitely more Higgins.
    Yup, got totally carried away. Meh. It happens. Optimism is absolutely the key factor in this show.

Dude, seriously, we've all been Nate. It's fine. But, I love that you see yourself as Higgins, that kat has it all. You stand up bass playing bastard. =)