All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2363 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Do we know if the Galaxy are opening up tickets to the general public at all so far, or limited to just season ticket holders buying tickets? I've heard opening with very limited capacity..
    Season ticket members only....priority starting with the most expensive seat plans, and then on down. With LA in the Orange tier, they should be able to have around 8,000 in the stands (give or take).

I don't think we will see general public ticket sales until late summer.

IIRC Galaxy FO said that if season ticket members do not claim all the seats, that only then would they release those tickets to the general public.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2363 Post(s)

LA Galaxy strike €5m deal with Valenciennes for KÚvin Cabral
    La Voix du Nord report that American outfit LA Galaxy this week agreed a €5m fee with Ligue 2 club Valenciennes to sign 21-year-old French attacker KÚvin Cabral.

Cabral will not be available to play for the French second division outfit this weekend, he will fly to America on Sunday with a contract already agreed that will see him earn the same salary that a “good Ligue 1 striker would receive.”
    https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...-kevin-cabral/

I think this kid will fall under the under 22 DP signing rule....I think.

From what I have read, he is young, fast, smart....tons of upside.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1171 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Season ticket members only....priority starting with the most expensive seat plans, and then on down. With LA in the Orange tier, they should be able to have around 8,000 in the stands (give or take).

I don't think we will see general public ticket sales until late summer.

IIRC Galaxy FO said that if season ticket members do not claim all the seats, that only then would they release those tickets to the general public.
    Thanks. I looked at season seats too now that my boys are into it, but dang still very pricey considering I wouldn't go to every game

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2363 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Thanks. I looked at season seats too now that my boys are into it, but dang still very pricey considering I wouldn't go to every game
    I've always found that secondary market is nearly always MUCH cheaper than season seats.

Like you, I can't go to every home match (especially mid-week matches) so secondary market works well.

FYI, apparently some season seat members are already reselling their seats to opening day match on various secondary market sites....crazy prices too.

I'm not too bothered.....maybe I'll see a match in person by the second half of the season.....that way I'll be vaccinated, and by that time the G's will have gotten their 3rd DP via the summer transfer window. ; )

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2363 Post(s)

Chicha is brilliant at hitting the crossbar from an easy goal location.

(Yea I know, Sasha gave him a pass that was a bit too hot)

I still want to see how this squad plays when it is legit with the real starters.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2363 Post(s)

OFFICIAL: LA Galaxy sign winger KÚvin Cabral
    he LA Galaxy announced today that the club has signed French winger KÚvin Cabral from Valenciennes FC in France’s Ligue 2. Cabral, 21, joins the Galaxy after notching 70 appearances, 13 goals and 10 assists across various competitions in France since 2018. Cabral, who joins on a five-year contract with a one-year option, was acquired as a Young Designated Player and will be added to the club’s roster pending receipt of his P-1 Visa and International Transfer Certificate (ITC).
    https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2021/0...r-k-vin-cabral

He is only 21, potential to have a ton of upside.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2363 Post(s)

Interesting information from COG on Cabral:

According to sources, the left-winger will sign a five-year contract (with an additional option year) and occupy one of the club’s three designated players slots. His addition means the Galaxy will be passing on Cristian Pavon, who is facing sexual assault charges in Argentina.

The 21-year-old should have qualified for the U-22 Initiative that MLS is placing into circulation for 2021. It allows players who are 22 or younger to have a reduced salary cap hit under $200,000 and be signed with unlimited acquisition fees. But it comes with a maximum salary of $612,500, the league’s maximum budget charge. A Galaxy source confirmed Cabral’s salary exceeds that ceiling, which means he needed to be signed as a Young DP instead.

Cabral’s slot will cost the Galaxy just $200,000 instead of the standard designated player cost of $612,500 against the salary cap. The Galaxy also will not have to pay a $150,000 charge to purchase the third DP slot — as league rules require — saving the club more than $560,000 in MLS fees.

The Galaxy also will be eligible to sign more than one U-22 Initiative player. With the third DP spot occupied by a Young DP, the Galaxy believe they can sign up to three U-22 Initiative players. If the third DP slot was occupied as a regular DP slot, then the Galaxy would be limited to just one.

A source said the Galaxy were excited about this possibility and indicated it benefited from making Cabral a Young DP.

The Galaxy, as previously reported by L’Equipe and MLS’ Tom Bogert, will be paying Valenciennes more than $5 million in a transfer fee, a large amount that becomes more palatable over the life of the contract.

But when he takes the field for the Galaxy in the coming weeks, he’ll do so knowing any designated player tag comes with pressure. And when one considers he’s technically replacing Pavon — all 10 goals, three assists, and 22 games started — Cabral has a lot of offense to make up for.
    http://cornerofthegalaxy.com/2021/04...ing-of-cabral/

So goodbye Pavon, and the G's are really rolling the dice on building for the future with the ability now to sign up to three U-22 Initiative players.
    Interesting if this works out, they will have a ton of talent available, and if Cabral ends up as good as some think, they could sell him to Europe for big $$$ in a few years.

....or it could be a horrific disaster with a 5 year contract.

Pick your poison.