Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1267 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    All over the socials.....
    Parma midfielder Gaston Brugman rumored to be signed and deal completed to the G's.
    I don't know much about him. Is this another Costa-like signing?

Family was thinking about going to the G's game for July 4th, but yawn....just not worth the headache right now sad to say

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2487 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I don't know much about him. Is this another Costa-like signing?

Family was thinking about going to the G's game for July 4th, but yawn....just not worth the headache right now sad to say
    I guess the story with Brugman is that he was with Serie A Parma side, but Parma (IIRC) got relegated, so to save money they loaned him out to Real Oviedo in the Spanish 2nd division.
    From what I am hearing he is a Serie A caliber of player rather than the Spanish 2nd division, but it was a $$$ transaction that put him in Spain, not a lack of quality.

These days with signings you don't know if it's a Vanney guy or a Klein guy. Nobody knows who is running the clown show.

A Huevo!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)

Gonna sell a ton of jerseys......I think that's THE idea for the signing.
    I like the guy (back in his prime), but dude played in only 4 matches this past season.

It's a HIGH risk, HIGH reward type of signing. (Like Chiellini's signing)
    Dude has a significant, and controversially injury history, add to that he was going to retire from the sport if Wales failed to qualify. (Dude loves golf.....no seriously, he does)

It's clear it seems he just wants to stay fit prior to the world cup.....MLS is perfect for that.

I'm glad when he was linked to the G's, the G's took a pass on him, but then again the G's signed Costa....so there's that. Thanks Klein.

Roster wise, I see the Bale and Chiellini signings as real head scratchers for LAFC. These were not positions of need.
    The current roster is built pretty well. Getting old tired legs is a real gamble......BUT it's good for MLS publicity wise (sure it harkens back to the old retirement league adage but still, publicity is publicity)

At the end of the day LAFC will sell jerseys, and make $$.....and I think that's the point. They know their fanbase.

They’ll def sell shirts. Him being motivated especially since Wales plays the US benefits LAFC. They have a great team but brining in winners helps a lot.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2487 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drop The Gloves View Post
    They’ll def sell shirts. Him being motivated especially since Wales plays the US benefits LAFC. They have a great team but brining in winners helps a lot.
    Motivated? Perhaps for world cup...but for MLS?

Dude couldn't be motivated to take CR7's place at Real......and he asked for a transfer.
    He was given the keys to the kingdom as it were, and did nothing with them.

He is talented and has superior quality, but he is brittle as hell, and it's unclear what motivates him for any club.

He's clearly a country over club guy.

High risk, high reward for sure. I'm curious how motivated he will be for MLS.
    To me it just seems to be a place holder for Bale, to stay fit for the world cup and risk very little for the club.

Wales > MLS in Bale's eyes for sure.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2487 Post(s)

Yea…..I’m running out of words.

Klein out!
    Beckerman out!

Uncle Phil, please sell this club!!!

A Huevo!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)

Motivated? Perhaps for world cup...but for MLS?

Dude couldn't be motivated to take CR7's place at Real......and he asked for a transfer.
    He was given the keys to the kingdom as it were, and did nothing with them.

He is talented and has superior quality, but he is brittle as hell, and it's unclear what motivates him for any club.

He's clearly a country over club guy.

High risk, high reward for sure. I'm curious how motivated he will be for MLS.
    To me it just seems to be a place holder for Bale, to stay fit for the world cup and risk very little for the club.

Wales > MLS in Bale's eyes for sure.
    I say this as a huge fan of his and a Chivas Guadalajara fan, but I think you just described Chicharito. I think he worked out very well (and should be on the Mexico World Cup squad as should Vela). Either way, hoping it helps the team.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1267 Post(s)

Yea…..I’m running out of words.

Klein out!
    Beckerman out!

Uncle Phil, please sell this club!!!
    So obviously there are serious questions about the red card. But on the bright side, no Cabral for 3 games?

They actually start looking somewhat good pressing in the 2nd half, of course Minnesota had already done their job. I don't think they were ever going to win that game anyway.

So sad. Next up, Montreal to embarrass us on July 4. But, this is about the time they pull a win out of nowhere that saves Klein et al.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2487 Post(s)

So obviously there are serious questions about the red card. But on the bright side, no Cabral for 3 games?

They actually start looking somewhat good pressing in the 2nd half, of course Minnesota had already done their job. I don't think they were ever going to win that game anyway.

So sad. Next up, Montreal to embarrass us on July 4. But, this is about the time they pull a win out of nowhere that saves Klein et al.
    My guess is they will appeal Cabral's red and it will be rescinded to a yellow. That was no red card. I don't understand how that is a red, how the ref thinks it's a red, or for that matter VAR said it's a red as well?!?!?!!? MLS can be a clown show at times with officiating.
    Costa's (stupid-dumbass) red will cost him a game or two. We are continuing to pay this DP to sit on the bench from injuries to now a pointless, classless red at the end of a match that was already a loss.

Sure the team pressed in the 2nd half. Was it the G's urgency or Minn. knowing they had the game in the bag and cruised for a while? Who knows.
    Hey look! Dejan scores again. He's an enigma: Start him and he disappears. Put him on as a sub and he is the tops in MLS. Go figure.

I've given Vanney a long leash, but I keep hearing the same excuses over and over again. It seems like he cannot motivate this group.
    The club consistently goes down a goal so many times....even at home. They are not creative. Nobody makes runs.....if they do, the player with the ball is too slow to anticipate.
    The G's really look like they are in slo-mo a lot of the time. They don't play with pace or urgency. 2 out of 3 of our DP's are woefully under-performing and Chicha has not been on top of his game for over a month now. He has missed quite a few sitters.
    You cannot hope to make the playoffs when your combined 3 DP's are only giving you 20% on the pitch.....and let's not talk about the midfield...it's a place where creativity dies, and too many giveaways have been occuring.

This club is so very disappointing.
    But I know they will get a "decent" enough player at the summer transfer window to give me a bit more hope, only to crater and miss the playoffs entirely.

A Huevo!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)

My guess is they will appeal Cabral's red and it will be rescinded to a yellow. That was no red card. I don't understand how that is a red, how the ref thinks it's a red, or for that matter VAR said it's a red as well?!?!?!!? MLS can be a clown show at times with officiating.
    I saw the play, def not a red.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1267 Post(s)

Next up, Montreal to embarrass us on July 4. But, this is about the time they pull a win out of nowhere that saves Klein et al.
    Ahem