All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    COG says LA Galaxy and Sacha Kljestan are closing in on a new contract.

Love Sacha the man, he's outstanding!........as a player, that's another story....he's too slow to attack, and too slow to defend.
    Another year on the odometer, and I think he will be even more of a liability next year.

He and Victor have the mind, but the body is no longer able. There has got to be better options for the midfield...even for guys off the bench.
    Agree with everything you said. This does not get me excited.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2443 Post(s)

Sources say Seba's deal to the Revs is done for $1.3 mill. in GAM.

The $1.3 mill is not all up front, but mixed over seasons and also with performance incentives.
    Combine the deal with his nearly $1 mill. salary off the books, it appears the G's got a decent deal.
    Plenty of coin now to go after some legitimate players to fill the midfield holes.

Also, Sacha has signed a 1 year deal with the G's. No word on the contract $$$.
    Hopefully he signed for cheap, and it's all upside for a late game sub / great Vet locker room guy.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)

Option #2

Inter Milan have terminated the contract of midfielder Christian Eriksen, the reigning Serie A champions announced.

Eriksen suffered a cardiac arrest while playing for Denmark at Euro 2020 and was fitted with a heart-starting device, something that prevents him from playing in Italy.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2443 Post(s)

LA Galaxy sign defender Kelvin Leerdam
    L
    OS ANGELES (Thursday, Jan. 6, 2022) – The LA Galaxy today announced that the club has signed free agent defender Kelvin Leerdam to a two-year contract through the end of the 2023 MLS regular season with a club option for 2024. Leerdam, who holds a U.S. Green Card, will not occupy an international roster slot.

Leerdam, 31, joins the Galaxy having tallied nine goals and 13 assists in 120 MLS regular-season appearances (102 starts) over the past five seasons (2017 – Present). The Paramaribo, Suriname, native began his MLS career with Seattle Sounders FC, where he notched nine goals and 12 assists in 91 league appearances (84 starts) across four seasons (2017-20). Additionally, Leerdam tallied one goal in 14 postseason appearances (11 starts) for Seattle, helping the Sounders win MLS Cup in 2019 and three Western Conference Championships (2017, 2019, 2020).
    https://www.lagalaxy.com/news/la-gal...kelvin-leerdam

Seems like a good depth signing for defense (much better than Fisher) from InterMiami - holds a green card, so that's good too.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)

LA Galaxy sign midfielder Raheem Edwards

The LA Galaxy today announced that the club has signed free agent midfielder Raheem Edwards to a three-year contract through the end of the 2024 MLS regular season with a club option for 2025. Edwards, who holds a U.S. Green Card, will not occupy an international roster slot.

Edwards, 26, joins the Galaxy having registered five goals and 13 assists in 92 career MLS regular-season matches (48 starts) across six seasons (2016 – Present). The Toronto, Ontario, native made his MLS debut with Toronto FC in 2016, appearing as a second-half substitute against Seattle Sounders FC on July 2, 2016. In 2017, Edwards made 21 appearances (10 starts) for Toronto, logging one goal and a career-high six assists. During the 2017 campaign, Edwards was part of the treble-winning Toronto FC side that claimed Canadian Championship, Supporters’ Shield and MLS Cup
    https://www.lagalaxy.com/news/la-gal...raheem-edwards

He's 26 and probably can run more than Kljestan? I'm 100% behind his hair

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2443 Post(s)

^^ Agreed. He's a Vanney guy, so I'm hopeful Vanney can get him on a solid track and remove his sometimes inconsistent play. A good signing.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)

^^ Agreed. He's a Vanney guy, so I'm hopeful Vanney can get him on a solid track and remove his sometimes inconsistent play. A good signing.
    My LAFC friend just texted me "enjoy his lack of first touch". ::sigh::

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2443 Post(s)

So social media posts show Victor on his way back to LA.
    I guess he’s signing up for one more year.

With him coming back, does that mean the front office has ZERO leads/options for a CAM for both now and the summer transfer window!?!?!

Victor off the bench? Sure. Victor being THE guy to start for the season?……oh boy……oh no!

No real CAM for ANOTHER season?!?

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2443 Post(s)

COG twitter reporting:

RUMOR: The LA Galaxy are in the final stages of acquiring midfielder Marky Delgado from Toronto FC, sources have confirmed.

Delgado is expected to be a TAM player and a trade with TOR is coming in the next days.

Awaiting league approval.
    From what I gather he's a more defensive mid. Strong work rate.
    Depending on the TAM cost, seems to be a good addition to shoring up the midfield.....especially when you consider there was near zero defense in the midfield last season.....teams just blew through the center of the field.

Now we wait for the "BIG" DP signing for that CAM. Crossing fingers.

If the G's can get a top notch CAM, and with this roster....... in perhaps a 5-3-2 formation with Chicha, Dejan up top....we might have something to get excited about......but boy do we need a REALLY good CAM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)

Now we wait for the "BIG" DP signing for that CAM. Crossing fingers.
    We need Steven Bergwijn

I have long since given up on that "big" DP signing that would truly make a difference, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised. But hey re-signing of Vasquez is official!