Thread: All Things: LA Galaxy, LAFC and MLS

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2526 Post(s)

In case you have not seen it.....or "needed" to see it again.......

Last Play of Game (97') Cabral Loses Ball On Breakaway

https://www.reddit.com/r/LAGalaxy/co...al_loses_ball/

Just look at Dejan after he makes that brilliant ball to Cabral......hands out high and wide in early celebration of the winning goa..........errrr......grabs his head in disbelief.

Cabral literally ran past the ball.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1296 Post(s)

geezus, anybody else buries that

espn's power rankings yesterday pretty much summed it up well..

The Galaxy absolutely deserved to beat RSL and also absolutely did not deserve to beat RSL. That makes no sense, but if you watched them both dominate and also miss a penalty then nearly hand the game away at the end, you get it. But they did clinch a playoff spot, which they absolutely deserve and also absolutely do not deserve.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2526 Post(s)

^^ Pretty much.

G's missed a penalty, got denied a penalty, Puig hit the crossbar, and Cabral the post.

4 possible goals just right there.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2526 Post(s)

Boy, these Suarez - Messi & the Galaxy stories in the media are nuts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1296 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Boy, these Suarez - Messi & the Galaxy stories in the media are nuts.
    I haven’t seen much of Messi, seems he’d be headed to Miami if anywhere. But Suarez they’re talking like it’s a done deal. I don’t know man, he’s skilled for sure. But the guy is 35 and will probably break down with mls physicality, and if he bites someone I’ll lose my mind.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2526 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I haven’t seen much of Messi, seems he’d be headed to Miami if anywhere. But Suarez they’re talking like it’s a done deal. I don’t know man, he’s skilled for sure. But the guy is 35 and will probably break down with mls physicality, and if he bites someone I’ll lose my mind.
    Apparently the rumor is that Messi & Suarez are really close, and that they wanted to jump to MLS together and end up in Miami.

Now with the word/rumor of Suarez to LA, Messi is pumping the brakes on the jump to MLS. Who knows?

Suarez at 35 has me concerned. Sounds like a Klein type of deal....aging big name star.

However, if dude scores 4-5 goals at the world cup...he may still have it.
    If he comes to Galaxy that changes the formation to a 4-4-2. Gonna need some serious wings that we don't have.
    Typical Galaxy deal: Fill a hole that did not need to be filled to sell a jersey.

"IF" Suarez still has the wheels, and motivation, it could be something magical with Puig in the mid-field, but we need wings that can bomb up and down the pitch.

IMHO in an "after the world cup market", the G's could do much better than Suarez......but the G's always going for the big name over quality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1296 Post(s)

Houston sucked, but man that midfield was moving the ball. I like the quick passes when they get going. Puig to a breaking Chich is a thing of beauty.

Defense still suspect, first goal blah. Won't be that easy but hey you never know. Damn them once again giving hope.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2526 Post(s)

Puig is a mastermind for this offense. When this team clicks on the offense it's beautiful!
    Those long through passes from Puig are sooooo good!

Downside for the offense: Grandsir needs to be better (except for that one pass / assist)......Cabral is worse. Costa must bring his "A" game to the match or.....no bueno.
    Can you imagine this current club with legit wingers?!?!?! It would be sooooo dominant.

Defending is trash. These guys can barely play a ball out the back. Makes me nervous every time Bond distributes deep in the back when opposing players are pressuring.
    Left side defending will be the death of the G's. When Edwards is running around like a chicken with its head cut off, and not coming back the G's will pay dearly.
    .....but wait it gets worse!!!.....his replacement is Gasper.....shudder to think.

Teams have/will figure this out for the playoffs - keys to beat the G's: Low block defending and clog the midfield with numbers....then quick counter attacks down the (G's) left side.
    Nashville is going to be a real test.
    G's MUST get the first goal to get Nashville to open up, otherwise it's going to be typical G's: Lots of possession in the final 3rd with no purpose.
    Our boy Puig has got to be the creator to crack open Nashville.

G's up!

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2526 Post(s)

Nashville played like they always do. 5 man back and smother the midfield.

Without Puig and Brugman we would have lost this match.
    Nice to see Julian get a goal.

This club would be top of the league if it had top notch wings.
    Grandsir and Costa are adequate at best IMHO.
    Sure Costa has an incredible left foot shot, but he no longer has the wheels.
    Grandsir does not threaten, and in the match, this guy wouldn’t play out wide.
    Frustrating to me how many times he cut into the middle where it was loaded with Nashville shirts.

Upside: This club is playing pretty well. They have chemistry, and a desire to win.
    The G’s have always lived in the heads of LAFC, and seeing how the G’s form has been of late, you know they are worried.

If the G’s defense can avoid dumb lapses, then I believe we will blow right through LAFC.
    They may be easier than the Nashville match. It’s only the defense that worries me.
    By worry I mean Edwards running around, too hyped, and not committed to defending, and Bond having poor/scary distribution out the back. If the G’s can avoid that, it’s going to be something!

G’s up!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1296 Post(s)

but why on a Thursday and not a weekend?