let the summer of hookhausen commence

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1284 Post(s)

Man sounds like Jeff Hardy is in it all over again.

Bryan Danielson supposed to speak tonight. Amazing he hasn't been involved in the Forbidden Door stuff at all, but I imagine that will be addressed.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3942 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Man sounds like Jeff Hardy is in it all over again.

Bryan Danielson supposed to speak tonight. Amazing he hasn't been involved in the Forbidden Door stuff at all, but I imagine that will be addressed.
    Bryan Danielson's replacement has to be Claudio (Cesaro) right? Who else can it be as far as technical wrestlers go and also a free agent... lol. I don't think Johnny Gargano is a technical wrestler but he needs to be in AEW already.

And fudge, I wasn't too hyped for Forbidden Door but now suddenly we got Okada in the Fatal Four Way for the IWGP Heavyweight title? I'm sure Adam Cole will be the one eating the pinfall though regardless of who wins.

Also, I kind of hope that Tanahashi will beat Moxley to become the interim AEW Champ. It would be a damn nice surprise to have someone from NJPW "hold" an AEW title until Punk can return. Mox winning is great too as it's well deserved but I kind of want a surprise outcome.

As of now, I'm definitely not thinking about spending $50 on this. I'll find streams... lol
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1284 Post(s)

Yeah my first thought was Cesaro as well. I couldn't think of who else would be so "astounding". I love Gargano but doubt he's someone Danielson would say he trusts completely. If he didn't already appear, Samoa Joe would've been cool Karrion Kross? ha. My final answer....hook. (okay maybe not)

I don't think there has been nearly enough promotion of some of the lesser known NJPW guys for those fans who don't know the company well. Okada, Ospreay, White, Tanahashi, I know those guys well. Not everyone does. Ishii, Cobb/O-Khan, Roppongi Vice, Tagashi, Hikuleo, Umino....I am not nearly as familiar with. And I don't think they've done enough on TV to make the casual fan consider it a can't miss. I took am stoked to see Okada there. And Ospreay/Cassidy should be awesome. Don't see any way Moxley doesn't keep the title, unless Tanahashi has a mega deal. But I can't see Khan letting that happen. I'm still taking a pass on buying the ppv.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3942 Post(s)

So I was using streaming websites and I knew what I was getting into... having the stream cut off every so often and then I'd have to wait like 30-60 seconds to refresh it for it to work again. >_< But I caught most of the key moments and finishes that I wanted to see so it was fine. The PPV overall was awesome. That Chicago crowd was amazing (although they didn't understand the Jordan/Pippen reference which was dumb but at least Ricky Starks called them out on it )

Buy-in Results

- Bishamon (Hirooki Goto and Yoshi-Hashi) defeated The Factory (QT Marshall and Aaron Solo).
    - Lance Archer defeated Nick Comoroto.
    - Swerve In Our Glory (Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee) defeated Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru).
    - Gunn Club (Billy, Austin, and Colten Gunn) and Max Caster (with Anthony Bowens) defeated Yuya Uemura and New Japan LA Dojo (Alex Coughlin, The DKC, and Kevin Knight).

I didn't watch the first two matches. Saw the Swerve in Our Glory tag match. It was fun for what it was. All I have to say is that Swerve is ****ing amazing at what he does. Crowd popped hard for that one most where he stomped on a guy from the ring to the apron

Max Caster's rap was one of the better ones this year in my opinion. From poking fun of the injuries AEW has piled up to rhyming senpai with hentai.. that's quite creative. I have no idea what Danhausen is doing with the Ass Boys but it's weird that the two Gunn brothers would just leave the match because of that. Billy Gunn got to shine here and having them win 2 vs 4 was bizarre but it was all in good fun. Those 4 guys were just LA Dojo dudes so they're basically nobodies.

Forbidden Door PPV Results

Chris Jericho, Sammy Guevara & Minoru Suzuki vs. Eddie Kingston, Wheeler Yuta & Shota Umino - This match surprised me. It had NO RIGHT being this damn good. I wish I got to see Minoru Suzuki wrestle when he was in his prime. He's old now but still a bad ass! I knew nothing about Shota Umino but holy crap, he's really good. Definitely a future star in the making. The ending was pretty predictable which was fine by me. Now the JAS will get the advantage in their Blood and Guts match.

IWGP Tag Team Titles and ROH Tag Team Titles: FTR (Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler) (ROH) vs. United Empire (Great-O-Khan and Jeff Cobb) (IWGP) vs. Roppongi Vice (Trent Beretta and Rocky Romero) - Once again, I hate the way they do the rules for Triple Threat Tag Matches where only 2 guys are legal. But in this case, with Dax Harwood separating his shoulder it actually told a good story. Cash Wheeler *had* to tag in someone that wasn't his partner because he was getting beat up too much. Dax eventually came back to win which surprised me. I like it when I can't tell if I'm being worked or not.

AEW All-Atlantic Championship: Pac vs. Malakai Black vs. Miro vs. Clark Connors - Thjs match was bad ass. Everyone got a chance to shine, even Clark Connors. I would have been fine with anyone winning this but seeing PAC finally win a title in AEW was great. Loved the "You deserve it" chants from the crowd.

Bullet Club (El Phantasmo, Matt Jackson, and Nick Jackson) w/Hikuleo vs. Dudes with Attitudes (Darby Allin, Sting, and Shingo Takagi) - My stream was getting taken down for most of this match so I didn't watch much of it. The little bits I saw was stupid fun when El Phantasmo and I think Matt Jackson did weird dance and flippy moves to claw at Darby Allin's back. Shingo got the pinfall victory which was kinda neat. Give the NJPW guys some rub!

AEW Women’s Championship: Thunder Rosa vs. Toni Storm - My stream was still being taken down often for most of this match. From what little I saw, Toni Storm didn't really put up much of a fight. I was surprised she lost that quickly and it was a little weird to me that Thunder Rosa didn't look happier about the win.

IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship: Will Ospreay vs. Orange Cassidy - This might have been my favorite match of the night. Orange Cassidy is LEGIT. Will Ospreay is LEGIT. They had a sequence of moves towards the end of the match that was just nuts. So much fun. I loved the pop that Shibata got even if I didn't know who he was. I think he was trying to give the people what they want (with a Best Friends hug) but Orange Cassidy just rolled out of the ring.. twice.

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Zack Sabre Jr. - Loved the pop Claudio got. You can tell that he felt loved and that was great. Also hilarious to see him go up to the buff camera man that everyone expected to be him to show that he wasn't him. I think overall the match was fine. Zack Sabre Jr is a damn good wrestler. Maybe it went longer than it needed to but it gave Claudio more time to wrestle which is never a bad thing. It's awesome that Claudio is already a member of the BCC and will be in the Blood and Guts match so that should be fun. (And on a side note, when Zack Sabre Jr. called it the Blackpool Country Club it made me laugh like crazy)

IWGP World Heavyweight Championship: Jay White vs. Adam Cole vs. Kazuchika Okada vs. “Hangman” Adam Page - Okada is so good!!! This much was awesome. The finish was bizarre. People said Adam Cole sufferred a concussion hence the abrupt finish but I wonder when he suffered it. Because he dodged the Rainmaker like 3 times and yet suddenly got pinned like it was nothing by Jay White. I'm sure an audiable was called. Either way, it doesn't take away the fact that it was such a good match.

Interim AEW World Championship: Jon Moxley vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi - Another really good match. Tanahashi can fly! I think Moxley wanting to blade was kind of dumb because he only got hit with a swing blade and then rolled out to the ring, got near the apron... and then volia, blood! The result was predictable and I guess I can understand not putting the title on Tanahashi because he might not be in the US for a few months.

So overall, AEW delivered again. The next PPV is All Out during Labor Day weekend but they're having an ROH PPV in July.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1284 Post(s)

Man I read results but haven't seen any highlights. But sounds like I missed a pretty damn good ppv.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1284 Post(s)

May have to get some

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3942 Post(s)

Did you watch Blood and Guts ucsd?? That was such a crazy match.

It's really such a shame that Santana got injured about a minute into the match.. poor dude had to lay on the side of the cell for like 30+ minutes wtf. They could seriously just open the door and get him out of there instead of making him lie there suffering.

The Sammy Guevara bump was perfect. The way he just flipped over, that dude is nuts. Then you got broken glass, thumbtacks, skewers, forks... wtf is going on LOL. I really loved how Claudio got to work the whole match and seeing him wrestle Daniel Garcia and Sammy Guevara I was smiling from ear to ear. And the crowd chanting "We the people" when he was fighting Jake Hager was awesome. I totally forgot about how they were in the Real Americans stable with Zeb Colter in WWE. It just goes to show that we're all wrestling fans in general and most AEW fans just like the better product at the moment. (I noticed JR called him Cesaro towards the end... he keeps messing up haha)

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1284 Post(s)

Haven't watched yet but now looking forward to it

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1284 Post(s)

Okay I watched - holy hell! It started 1 hour into the show and I'm like is this gonna go the full hour? I legit thought when Claudio was swinging Jericho on top of the cage he might let go by accident and throw him off. Sammy's bump was fantastic but I hope he's safe! Did they use chopsticks at one point? I thought so and my son goes "why would he use chopsticks that's for sushi". "Well why would he use a fork son?"

See when Conti was trying to pass a rubbing alcohol bottle through the cage to Jericho and it wouldn't go through, then just kind of half exploded? That was funny.

Totally setting up Claudio/Kingston too which could be a great clash of styles.

Also - the pops FTR are getting are insane. Danhausen going "I found a team that is pretty good at the wrestling, I guess" was hilarious.