Thread: All Things AEW thread

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1283 Post(s)

Has there ever been a guy I knew absolutely nothing about that I've loved pretty much every match of than Konosuke Take****a? Once again, his match with Eddie Kingston last week was phenomenal. Now I may have to buy this

Edit: love the asterisks when I typed his name in this post
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; July 12th, 2022 at 12:31 PM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3942 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Has there ever been a guy I knew absolutely nothing about that I've loved pretty much every match of than Konosuke Take****a? Once again, his match with Eddie Kingston last week was phenomenal. Now I may have to buy this

Edit: love the asterisks when I typed his name in this post
    No cursing!!!

But yea Take*****a came out of nowhere for me. All I knew was that he's a young dude.. I think only 24? But man, what a talent.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3942 Post(s)

Hook is the new FTW Champion!!!!!!!

I feel indifferent about Powerhouse Hobbs turning on Ricky Starks. Sad for Ricky and also a little sad for Hobbs too, oddly enough.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1283 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Hook is the new FTW Champion!!!!!!!

I feel indifferent about Powerhouse Hobbs turning on Ricky Starks. Sad for Ricky and also a little sad for Hobbs too, oddly enough.
    I mean they weren't really going anywhere. The whole FTW thing is played out unless Hook aligns with his dad or something. I thought Starks gave a pretty good turned babyface promo before Hobbs turned on him. There's potential there.

I'm just sad because I read in the dirt sheets yesterday Take****a is going back to Japan and may be gone from AEW for a long while.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3942 Post(s)

I'm just sad because I read in the dirt sheets yesterday Take****a is going back to Japan and may be gone from AEW for a long while.
    Yeah, that's the part that sucks. For guys like Take****a and Hikaru Shida. They're always going to go back to Japan at one point or another so unless they become a permanent resident (like Shinsuke Nakamura for example), it's tough to push them or give them a meaningful storyline if they have to go home.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1283 Post(s)

Kenny's back!

The whole trio thing with the bucks was weird. They did a whole segment last week of them asking Page, only for him to turn them down and support the dark order. Kind of forgot about it last night. Kenny looked good but rusty, and played the part of still having rib and leg injuries bothering him very well. Does this go into his being injured again and can't continue, then Page comes in to save the trios day?

Nevertheless, good to see the cleaner back!

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3942 Post(s)

Kenny's back!

The whole trio thing with the bucks was weird. They did a whole segment last week of them asking Page, only for him to turn them down and support the dark order. Kind of forgot about it last night. Kenny looked good but rusty, and played the part of still having rib and leg injuries bothering him very well. Does this go into his being injured again and can't continue, then Page comes in to save the trios day?

Nevertheless, good to see the cleaner back!
    Super happy Omega is back. He's a storyteller so him wearing a brace and a shirt to wrestle, I'm sure it'll all come off during the finals.

This is probably fantasy booking on my part but I see Dark Order making it to the Finals as well but have either a combintion of Alex Reynolds, Preston Vance or Evil Uno injured or something. This way, Hangman can fill in and work with Silver and Uno/Reynolds/Vance and face off against the Bucks and Omega.

Also, that CM Punk promo was weird with him calling out Hangman in his hometown. I don't even know if Hangman was backstage. Dirt sheets claim it's Punk being petty from personal drama but who knows. Dirt sheets say a lot of things because they desperately need clicks. I do think having them unify the AEW Title next week is interesting. Punk will win and MJF will immediately return and set up the match for All Out. Tony Khan loves to put storylines on hold due to injury (like with Julia Hart taking forever to join the House of Black...), so I can see MJF being back for the PPV. That would certainly leave Mox in a limbo though if that were to happen.

Another thing on the MJF part.. he's technically only been gone for 9 weeks, but why does it feel like he's been gone for 6 months? Do you feel this way? I am still very sports entertained by AEW weekly but can't help but feel the void MJF left has been really big.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1283 Post(s)

Yeah who knows about the dirt sheets but plenty of them saying nobody backstage knew he was going to mention Hangman. If they're not going to have another match there was no point to bringing this up.

MJF been gone way too long, but there's nothing for him to rush himself into yet. I like your thinking on Punk winning and him returning. I too think Punk will beat Moxley somehow. But imagine they wait a bit more, and have punk just go full heel for a few weeks or more. Get the crowd to hate him, and then have MJF come back. Imagine him returning as the Austin-like good bad-guy. Maybe a crowd will never hate CM Punk, but he sure can play the annoying card.

Also tweet from Omega:

The pieces aren’t all there yet but I refuse to burden the Bucks with my limitations. We have a real chance at this. I’ll be even stronger in round 2. I’ll surpass where I was at. I’ll surpass everyone.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1283 Post(s)

Yeah so that death triangle vs Ospreay/Aussie Open was absolutely bonkers. Someone had to lose sadly, but bringing back Kip Sabian to interfere was one way to get it. What a match, good lord.

And now we get Omega/Bucks against Ospreay/Aussie Open in the next round? All hell may break loose. I only wish Omega was 100% for any match involving Ospreay.

Let’s not talk about whatever happened in that Punk/Moxley match though.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1283 Post(s)

Work or not this Elite vs. Punk/Steel stuff is wild