It's
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    They really just need pentagon and rey fenix to wrestle anyone, anywhere, all the time.
    And let Jericho cut promos in between matches.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3836 Post(s)

and your thoughts?

I only saw various highlight clips on youtube.
    Oh jeez. I totally forgot to reply to you. -_- My apologies.

I liked the PPV. It wasn't worth $50 good but it was decent enough. Maybe I can't get it out of my head that the Network only cost 10 bucks and here Tony Khan is asking for $50.

But besides the price, I thoroughly enjoyed almost everything on the PPV. I didn't like that they kept hyping the exploding ring. And when that turned out to be a dud, it looked so bad. They could have said the ring would explode if they didn't finish the match in time. But then you could quickly end the match and then be done with it.

All in all, I'm enjoying Dynamite weekly a lot. I won't be ordering their next PPV though, that's for sure.

Speaking of PPVs, I did sub to Peacock because they had a deal for Mania where you paid $10 and it's good for 4 months. But wow, not being able to pause, rewind/fast forward is stupid as hell! During night one of WM, right before the Bad Bunny match I went to go pick up dinner thinking I could resume it after. When I got back, I couldn't pick up where I left off. I had to wait until Peacock put out the "Replay" version of it.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1199 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Speaking of PPVs, I did sub to Peacock because they had a deal for Mania where you paid $10 and it's good for 4 months. But wow, not being able to pause, rewind/fast forward is stupid as hell! During night one of WM, right before the Bad Bunny match I went to go pick up dinner thinking I could resume it after. When I got back, I couldn't pick up where I left off. I had to wait until Peacock put out the "Replay" version of it.
    No worries! I had the same issue with Peacock. Funny enough for Wrestlemania, if I used the app on my phone I could rewind but not on my TV app. The kids watched the replay a few days later which has the functionality I believe.

We've been watching NXT and Dynamite weekly more often than Raw/Smackdown. (My 6 year old loves Dexter Lumis, I'm not sure if good or bad). But just find that the matches on Dynamite are so much better on a weekly basis.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3836 Post(s)

No worries! I had the same issue with Peacock. Funny enough for Wrestlemania, if I used the app on my phone I could rewind but not on my TV app. The kids watched the replay a few days later which has the functionality I believe.

We've been watching NXT and Dynamite weekly more often than Raw/Smackdown. (My 6 year old loves Dexter Lumis, I'm not sure if good or bad). But just find that the matches on Dynamite are so much better on a weekly basis.
    Awesome. Well if Indi Hartwell likes Dexter Lumis then its ok if your kid does too. =P

I agree with you on the Dynamite matches. Both Dynamite and NXT just produce top notch matches on a weekly basis. While I lost interest in NXT myself (for some reason the pandemic part still killed my interest as it's not the same when they're not at full sail). Dynamite feels like it's a must watch for me. It's a feeling I used to have as a teenager growing up watching RAW where I always feel like I need to tune in or else I'll miss something. Granted in this day and age, if you miss something, you can just catch it on Youtube... haha

But either way, my point is that RAW/Smackdown, they've gotten so ridiculously complacent. The horrible camera cuts WWE insists on doing has gotten worse and worse too.

I know one big complaint with AEW is that there are waaaaaaaaaay too many factions. I'm personally okay with that. I do agree it's too much but it's how you book all of them that matters.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)

Watch me fail at gaming at an old age.
    https://www.twitch.tv/dexlgk

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1199 Post(s)

Awesome reaction and segment. Perfectly executed

Typo King
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    962 Post(s)

Aew is amazing. Now that Bray is released from WWE. NO reason to watch WWE anymore.
    Last edited by mitchrock; August 22nd, 2021 at 08:46 PM.

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1199 Post(s)

Thanks for making me feel like Britt Baker in Pittsburgh (err...Brittsburgh)...

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3836 Post(s)

One thing I love about CM Punk's debut on AEW is that they let you enjoy the moment with the crowd chanting. Meanwhile in WWE it's always, "OHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY? CAN IT BE?!?! IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm fully on the AEW train now. This is the kind of wrestling I want. This is what I loved about NXT to be quite honest and now even NXT bores me. =\ That Capitol Wrestling Center thing they're at doesn't do it for me at all. And knowing almost all their call ups will only get jobbed on the main roster frustrates me even more.

Adam Cole is a free agent now. He better show up this Wednesday on Dynamite.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1199 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    This is what I loved about NXT to be quite honest and now even NXT bores me. =\ That Capitol Wrestling Center thing they're at doesn't do it for me at all. And knowing almost all their call ups will only get jobbed on the main roster frustrates me even more.
    I am 100% with this. NXT just doesn't do it for me much anymore. I can't decide if it is a lack of likeable talent, a lack of engaging matches or a combination of both. And with all the sheets saying Vince is revamping it altogether, see ya. They've ruined Karrion Kross already.

So apparently we have Bray Wyatt, Daniel Bryan, and potentially Adam Cole coming to AEW. With Miro, Cage, et al, my only concern with so many signings is a lack of space. I love AEW because it gives talent so many may not have otherwise heard of time to shine. The matches are incredible even without huge names, and stylistically totally the opposite of weekly wwe matches. I hope they can sustain the pace, and don't want to see a bunch of those guys/girls getting pushed out that otherwise would be making waves. (We need more orange cassidy!) Also I'd be lying if a small ecw part of my soul loves the fanaticism of AEW crowds and fears that may die down as it gets more and more notoriety. That's just the cynic in me.

But CM Punk's entrance, I mean yeah. Doing it to start off the show was perfect so as not to have the chants going through all the other matches. He legit looked taken aback (watch the video they put out of him backstage when the crowd reacted and as he walked to the ramp).

For the first time in a long time I think I may buy a pay per view. I mean I just have to see Punk/Allin, not to mention some of the other insanely tempting matches to take place.

Also, is there anything more organic than Britt Baker being a total heel and morphing into a crowd favorite anyway? Those "D-M-D" chants are quite vociferous.

Oh and it's time to get the tag belts on Jurassic Express.
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; August 24th, 2021 at 12:24 PM.