Thread: All Things AEW thread

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1208 Post(s)

I don't know I'm just not feeling the Bray Wyatt to AEW signing. I just don't think they need him. I suppose it would be to reunite dark order, but for some reason it just doesn't do it for me. I'd rather see someone like Brian Cage or other who excite me but are kind of getting lost in the shuffle get more air time. We're also suffering from a severe lack of orange cassidy air time lately.

Um that Lance Archer/Suzuki vs. Moxley/Kingston match? daayum

I am however quite excited for two matches tonight: Miro/Guevara (probably a no contest to set up a ppv match) and Cole/Jungle Boy (showtime boys)

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1208 Post(s)

Guevara dayum!

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1208 Post(s)

I'm just going to leave this here. what a transformation!

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3873 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here. what a transformation!

For real? Great, who knew Abadon can be hawt. lol

Hikaru Shida, Riho, and Anna Jay are still my Top 3 though.. ahhhh.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1208 Post(s)

We ordered Full Gear saturday night and once again it was an awesome ppv. My only complaint was how long it went - at almost 4 hours we were nearly drained by the time the Omega/Page match started.

But I can't think of any match I was disappointed in (maybe the black/rhodes tag match wasn't fully necessary but was still fun). Hell even Tay Conti impressed me. I could do in depth on each one that would be 8 paragraphs or so. Just that it was so so solid, and everyone needs a little more cowboy ****.

Punk with the Cena salute was hilarious.

And please go read the press release Page put out:

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/stat...lite-wrestling
    Last edited by ucsdguy1; November 15th, 2021 at 06:00 PM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3873 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    We ordered Full Gear saturday night and once again it was an awesome ppv. My only complaint was how long it went - at almost 4 hours we were nearly drained by the time the Omega/Page match started.

But I can't think of any match I was disappointed in (maybe the black/rhodes tag match wasn't fully necessary but was still fun). Hell even Tay Conti impressed me. I could do in depth on each one that would be 8 paragraphs or so. Just that it was so so solid, and everyone needs a little more cowboy ****.

Punk with the Cena salute was hilarious.

And please go read the press release Page put out:

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/stat...lite-wrestling
    Thanks for the recap! I actually didn't order it. I know I was going to miss out on great wrestling but that $50 price tag is going make my selection very limited, even if there's only 4 PPVs a year. I think Tony Khan did say that he wanted PPVs to be 4 hours now. So that might be the "norm" moving forward.

Very happy for Hangman Adam Page. This is how you tell a story and have a good payoff. I've heard many complaints about how they should have had Bryan Danielson beat Kenny Omega for the AEW Title instead. Or even have CM Punk win the title. But that's just them being conditioned to think WWE style, where you only want the bigger "stars" to hold the title. I think AEW has done it right. This is how you build a character. Had Adam Page lost that would totally derail any momentum he had built.

So reports are that Kenny Omega has been battling injuries for months now. So do we have Adam Cole lead the Elite?

I'm also really digging Dante Martin as of late. Dude has a really bright future.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1208 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Thanks for the recap! I actually didn't order it. I know I was going to miss out on great wrestling but that $50 price tag is going make my selection very limited, even if there's only 4 PPVs a year. I think Tony Khan did say that he wanted PPVs to be 4 hours now. So that might be the "norm" moving forward.

Very happy for Hangman Adam Page. This is how you tell a story and have a good payoff. I've heard many complaints about how they should have had Bryan Danielson beat Kenny Omega for the AEW Title instead. Or even have CM Punk win the title. But that's just them being conditioned to think WWE style, where you only want the bigger "stars" to hold the title. I think AEW has done it right. This is how you build a character. Had Adam Page lost that would totally derail any momentum he had built.

So reports are that Kenny Omega has been battling injuries for months now. So do we have Adam Cole lead the Elite?

I'm also really digging Dante Martin as of late. Dude has a really bright future.
    Yeah the price was steep, but when my kids give those bubbly eyes I can't resist...

So at first, I actually thought they were going to have Page lose, maybe by interference or whatever. Then have him continue to chase and prolong the feud. Payoff would've been big, but the they way they did it was fine. The match was such good storytelling with the back and forth and page taking everything Kenny could give (even shouting "is that all you got mother ****" in the middle). Also, I'm glad it was Page and not Bryan or Punk. Let a pure "AEW" guy take the title from Kenny.

Strange now that Bryan beat Miro that Page will defend against him. I hope they don't take the title off Page that quickly, which I doubt they will. How about during their match Kazuchika Okada shows up and distracts or interferes with Bryan? That would be awesome.

I didn't know about Omega's injuries, but you wouldn't have really guessed it from the match. Cole silently is starting to lead the elite. I did find it curious last week that he brought Bobby Fish in to do some dirty work while the Bucks just kind of told him "there's no dispute here". Not sure it means anything. Cole could always just say Omega failed the elite and take him out. Heal the injuries and let him come back later for revenge.

Dante Martin is a stud. His matches are always fun. And therein is the difference in booking between WWE and AEW. In WWE he would be a jobber if that, and would probably lose almost every match or just be fodder for someone bigger to beat up on. In AEW lets him actually perform and is slowly building him into a star.

And where the heck is Kip Sabian?

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1208 Post(s)

I'll leave this here