Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3836 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Matt Hardy anyone?
    Would love to see Matt Hardy in AEW where he would be used properly. The question is... can AEW survive by having this Dark Order storyline stall out even longer than it already has? Matt is going to have that stupid 90 day no compete clause.. so he won't be in AEW until June 1st at the earliest.

Excited to see Luke Harper/Brodie Lee show up soon though!
    Last edited by TooCool; February 19th, 2020 at 01:15 PM.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3836 Post(s)

Insanely fun match between Darby Allin and Sammy Guevara.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1199 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Insanely fun match between Darby Allin and Sammy Guevara.
    Man still can’t bring myself to pay $50 for a ppv so not watching. I’m sure was great though

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3836 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Man still can’t bring myself to pay $50 for a ppv so not watching. I’m sure was great though
    I didn't pony up $50 either but man I probably should have. What an insane PPV. That was one of the best I've seen and it's up there with the TakeOvers.

I'm "all in" with AEW now more than ever. This is what wrestling should be about. It should be about smart booking and fun to watch.

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1199 Post(s)

I didn't pony up $50 either but man I probably should have. What an insane PPV. That was one of the best I've seen and it's up there with the TakeOvers.

I'm "all in" with AEW now more than ever. This is what wrestling should be about. It should be about smart booking and fun to watch.
    So they kind of stole a bit from Bobby Roode at takeover Toronto but that Jericho entrance was pretty sweet

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1199 Post(s)

So Pac and Lucha Bros fopr some reason became a stable (Death Triangle). The innernetz are a buzz of a potential "trio" championship belt on the horizon.

So we've got:
    Death Triangle
    Best Friends/Cassidy
    Jurassic Express

I might also throw in the makeshift trios of:
    MJF/Butcher & Blade
    Dark Order (any combination)
    Inner Circle (assuming Spanish God/Santana & Ortiz)

There's potential?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3836 Post(s)

Holy **** AEW knocked it out of the park tonight with their empty arena show. Unlike Smackdown and RAW when it was awkward... they went all out and proceeded like normal. We still got pyro and the wrestlers who didn't have a match were in the crowd all night being hilarious.

Brodie Lee finally debuts as the Exalted One. (Not a fan of his ring gear though)
    Now Matt Hardy is officially All Elite. Hell yeah!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1199 Post(s)

Holy **** AEW knocked it out of the park tonight with their empty arena show. Unlike Smackdown and RAW when it was awkward... they went all out and proceeded like normal. We still got pyro and the wrestlers who didn't have a match were in the crowd all night being hilarious.

Brodie Lee finally debuts as the Exalted One. (Not a fan of his ring gear though)
    Now Matt Hardy is officially All Elite. Hell yeah!
    MJF and Dillinger betting on the matches was funny. But most of all, Cassidy putting on the headphones for commentary and staying silent was just as good as it gets! ha

I kept thinking "geez they are most definitely not practicing social distancing", but that was about as good as it could get without a live crowd.

It's really too bad they couldn't have done the Brodie Lee and Matt Hardy reveal's in front of a live audience. I almost wish they would've waited till this blows over to do so. Apparently they put a Hardy shirt out and it "deleted" the internet for awhile.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3836 Post(s)

Yesterday's Dynamite wasn't too interesting and I don't blame them. Because of the 10 person in one area rule, they had to do the gambling stuff in a trailer which felt.... disjointed.

I want to talk about Brodie Lee. So is he suppose to spoof Vince McMahon as the Exalted One or is he just so bitter about being misused he feels like he needs to take some more shots first? The bit last week with the "out of touch old man" and last night, two members of the Dark Order had to wait until he finished eating first before they can eat. But then one guy sneezed and Brodie yelled at him for doing so. Then let's talk about his finishing move. It's quite clunky in my opinion. He set up QT Marshall like he was going to use Sister Abigail only to spin and use the discus lariat.

Then that final segment with Chris Jericho and Matt Hardy. It's uhh... stupid yet interesting? If you know me, you know how I feel about the Broken Hardy gimmick. I think it was dumb in TNA and it was dumb in WWE. Granted, WWE kind of did away with that gimmick so Matt wasn't happy about that. I mean I'm willing to give it a shot in AEW to see what ideas Matt really has up his sleeve... but it's hard to be a fan of it when it's just over the top ridiculous. So yeah, that's my take on it.

I do like how Jericho is sticking with his "I banned the fans until I say so" speech. When things go back to normal, I expect him to demand that the fans thank him for being allowed to come back.

Rink Dawg

It's
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)

What? No comment on the Omega/Guevara match?