let the summer of hookhausen commence

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1250 Post(s)

Man sounds like Jeff Hardy is in it all over again.

Bryan Danielson supposed to speak tonight. Amazing he hasn't been involved in the Forbidden Door stuff at all, but I imagine that will be addressed.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3933 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Man sounds like Jeff Hardy is in it all over again.

Bryan Danielson supposed to speak tonight. Amazing he hasn't been involved in the Forbidden Door stuff at all, but I imagine that will be addressed.
    Bryan Danielson's replacement has to be Claudio (Cesaro) right? Who else can it be as far as technical wrestlers go and also a free agent... lol. I don't think Johnny Gargano is a technical wrestler but he needs to be in AEW already.

And fudge, I wasn't too hyped for Forbidden Door but now suddenly we got Okada in the Fatal Four Way for the IWGP Heavyweight title? I'm sure Adam Cole will be the one eating the pinfall though regardless of who wins.

Also, I kind of hope that Tanahashi will beat Moxley to become the interim AEW Champ. It would be a damn nice surprise to have someone from NJPW "hold" an AEW title until Punk can return. Mox winning is great too as it's well deserved but I kind of want a surprise outcome.

As of now, I'm definitely not thinking about spending $50 on this. I'll find streams... lol
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1250 Post(s)

Yeah my first thought was Cesaro as well. I couldn't think of who else would be so "astounding". I love Gargano but doubt he's someone Danielson would say he trusts completely. If he didn't already appear, Samoa Joe would've been cool Karrion Kross? ha. My final answer....hook. (okay maybe not)

I don't think there has been nearly enough promotion of some of the lesser known NJPW guys for those fans who don't know the company well. Okada, Ospreay, White, Tanahashi, I know those guys well. Not everyone does. Ishii, Cobb/O-Khan, Roppongi Vice, Tagashi, Hikuleo, Umino....I am not nearly as familiar with. And I don't think they've done enough on TV to make the casual fan consider it a can't miss. I took am stoked to see Okada there. And Ospreay/Cassidy should be awesome. Don't see any way Moxley doesn't keep the title, unless Tanahashi has a mega deal. But I can't see Khan letting that happen. I'm still taking a pass on buying the ppv.