Thread: All Things AEW thread

Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3956 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    got my Jan 11 tickets today in a presale. Paid way more than I expected but got seats in Section J row 6 as a treat for my boys. I hope to get to see abadon up close...

Section J row 6?? Hell yea! That's pretty close to the ring. Besides an arm and a leg, how much did it really cost?
    I also couldn't help but notice that's where the timekeeper's area is for AEW, so you'll probably get a good view of someone going through that table.

And maybe this time you'll get to see Kenny Omega in the flesh.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1295 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Section J row 6?? Hell yea! That's pretty close to the ring. Besides an arm and a leg, how much did it really cost?
    I also couldn't help but notice that's where the timekeeper's area is for AEW, so you'll probably get a good view of someone going through that table.

And maybe this time you'll get to see Kenny Omega in the flesh.
    Don't ask. It was $96 each but $130 each after all the ticketmaster fees. I told the boys only it's a one time thing and next time we're sitting last row Plus I'm going to try and con my father coming with to pay for some of it! ha

Based on the teasers, Omega and the Bucks should be back. We just want to know whether Luchasauras will be face again by then.

MJF - is it pretty much guaranteed his standing up for Moxley and getting pummeled by the firm is his own perfect set up for being a ruse used to beat Moxley?

Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3956 Post(s)

Don't ask. It was $96 each but $130 each after all the ticketmaster fees. I told the boys only it's a one time thing and next time we're sitting last row Plus I'm going to try and con my father coming with to pay for some of it! ha

Based on the teasers, Omega and the Bucks should be back. We just want to know whether Luchasauras will be face again by then.

MJF - is it pretty much guaranteed his standing up for Moxley and getting pummeled by the firm is his own perfect set up for being a ruse used to beat Moxley?
    LOL About Luchasauras. I think he's okay as a heel but only because Christian is his manager. If he was by himself that would not work.

Oh yeah MJF may have gotten beat down by the Firm but I don't buy that he turned face. He made a promise to not use his Dynamite Diamond Ring in the match but this whole thing with Regal... he's 100% going to use Regal's brass knuckles to win. The question is... does Regal turn heel? He kind of said on commentary that he's a villain as well. AEW loves foreshadowing stuff so we'll see. The BCC doesn't seem to be getting anywhere really, so maybe it's time for Regal to ditch it?

I just want to say I'm really disappointed once again with how they book wrestlers though. Ricky Starks? Powerhouse Hobbs? You let them feud, give them a crappy 4 minute match at a PPV and then they had a great Lights Out Match during AEW Grand Slam and now they're not on TV? Are you kidding me? Then this Wardlow stuff, pairing him with Samoa Joe is pretty unnecessary. I swear, Tony doesn't know how to book his champions. Seems like every person that has the TNT Title (outside of Sammy Guevara) disappears from TV or stops being important. Then we got Hook who is hardly being used and Hookhausen just got dropped as well. But why??

The same goes for Jade Cargill. We have this little story with Nyla Rose stealing her title and well... Jade doesn't seem to care too much about it. On Rampage, she demanded to hi-jack the show, but instead got a deal for Leila Grey to wrestle Willow Nightingale and that's it? It makes no sense.

The only thing AEW has done right 100% is The Acclaimed and how extremely over they are. You need to keep them on TV, have them rap and scissor fans. Audience participation is how you keep things going.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1295 Post(s)

Jeff Jarrett? Really?

Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3956 Post(s)

Jeff Jarrett? Really?
    Right? That was the surprise? Terrible. As long as he stays and does backstage stuff, then I don't care. But do we really need him as part of Jay Lethal's group and eventually have a match with Sting? No one wants that.

Orange Cassidy vs Shibata though on Rampage o_o There's no way Shibata loses right? Let a guy from NJPW carry the belt around this time.
    Then we got The Elite and this whole getting "erased" thing. I wonder what it's leading to. Feels more like a jab at CM Punk.

Full Gear is coming up and as of this post, I don't care for it at all... even if MJF is going to win the title. That makes me sad, hype wise for AEW.

Rink Dawg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1295 Post(s)

I mean are they trying to be TNA light?

I agree - if he becomes a TV mainstay that takes time away from people I actually care about, it won't be good.

I don't see Cassidy losing just yet, but we'll see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1295 Post(s)

And when Colt Cabana came out, did that confirm Punk is done with aew?