Jerseys need purple
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    It's understood the hubs are in Canada. That was an excellent choice seeing that Canada has handled COVID very well unlike the US.
    More like Canada has been more fortunate thus far in containing Covid-19. Different landscape, climate, far fewer huge metropolitan areas, perhaps not as many governors with different rules, perhaps people being more vigilant in mask wearing, etc... And their nursing homes are a disaster with Covid-19, enough so that they had to call in the military to help stop nursing home fatalities. So Canada is a better place to hold the playoffs, but who knows what happens once people get together to watch the playoffs.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    More like Canada has been more fortunate thus far in containing Covid-19. Different landscape, climate, far fewer huge metropolitan areas, perhaps not as many governors with different rules, perhaps people being more vigilant in mask wearing, etc... And their nursing homes are a disaster with Covid-19, enough so that they had to call in the military to help stop nursing home fatalities. So Canada is a better place to hold the playoffs, but who knows what happens once people get together to watch the playoffs.
    I doubt there will be huge watch parties until maybe the Finals. And even if there was an outbreak later on in the playoffs that would not affect the players as they will be separated from the public.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    986 Post(s)

First post updated with new dates from NHL

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    416 Post(s)

OBviously there are more important things in the grand scheme, but what type of Stanley Cup parade will be held, if any, for the winning team? A parade where everyone is social distanced? Also, skating with the Stanley Cup in an empty arena? I guess it's better than no Cup at all, but let me just say I'm so glad the Kings two Cups came under normal circumstances.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)

I think if one of the Canadian teams win it,particularly Toronto or Montreal they won't care how,where,or when.