Selke Smooth
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1307 Post(s)

Default Hatch green chili enchiladas

A little late since we are at the end of hatch season, but I just made some cheese enchiladas with some hatch chilis I roasted last week. Some of the best I have ever made. Bonus point s for no life story before the recipe.

https://www.hatch-green-chile.com/pa...ile-enchiladas
    "We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

User formerly known as

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3760 Post(s)

I have reservations about the chicken side... And thank God I caught the random auto to children instead of chicken

Selke Smooth
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1307 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    I have reservations about the chicken side... And thank God I caught the random auto to children instead of chicken
    do you mean chicken stock or the chicken meat? I used a few teaspoons of mazola chicken broth powder
    "We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

User formerly known as

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3760 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    do you mean chicken stock or the chicken meat? I used a few teaspoons of mazola chicken broth powder
    There's this trader Joes sauces that they discontinued due to something or other, but I'm pretty sure I'll try that on first unless Chris says it's a bad call

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ?\_(ツ)_/?
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1043 Post(s)

My wife's family makes enchiladas New Mexico style. I've seen them called enchiladas montadas some places, but her great aunt's enchiladas are the stuff of legend. I'll try to get a formal recipe, but it's essentially this:

- Cook up some ground beef
    - Once cooked through, add some canned red enchilada sauce, minced onion and garlic, and a crap ton of minced up roasted and peeled hatch chiles
    - Once everything gets good and softened, spoon a little of the sauce on a plate. Dip a corn tortilla in the pot of sauce, and put it on the plate. Spoon a little sauce on top of that tortilla, then dip another tortilla, plate and spoon, and then do one more.
    - Once you get three tortillas stacked, top them with chopped onion, a ring of chopped lettuce and tomato, some shredded cheese and a nice fried over medium egg on top.

This, beans and rice are everything a growing boy needs.
    "SUCK MY D**K!!" -Drew Doughty, October 8th, 2019 @ CGY GWG quote.