1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1413 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    agreed. I said in another thread, i didn't hate the trade when it happened (didnt love it either), but it has not aged well at all. I'd love LA to take advantage here and get that guy back.
    Hindsight is 20-20 but it was stupid to make the trade after riding Budaj for sooooo long. The trade happened a couple weeks before Quick returned. It is also another case of the Kings trading a guy who their development staff didn't have high faith in and then the player has success with the new franchise.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1823 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post
    Hindsight is 20-20 but it was stupid to make the trade after riding Budaj for sooooo long. The trade happened a couple weeks before Quick returned. It is also another case of the Kings trading a guy who their development staff didn't have high faith in and then the player has success with the new franchise.
    source on not having faith in the guy? He was 19 when the Kings Traded him and i assumed at the time that he was part of the trade because he was a guy Tampa Bay wanted. Additionally he was young enough to not be an immediate help with the team, who clearly considered themselves still contenders. I don't need to go through the pros and cons of the trade again at this point, everyone knows why it was made and what ended up happening, but im not sure id suggest the team lost faith in Cernak, so much as he was a solid asset that wasn't part of the team's immediate plans.

Either way, i'd love to get Cernak back here.