Thread: Non-playoff teams to get extra camp time

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

I have not posted in a long time but I agree extra camp time for those teams that haven't played since March sounds fair. I don't want to see guys go that long without training (Yes I know they work out all the time but it's still different) and just getting into shape because it seems to me that would breed injuries. I don't know.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1783 Post(s)

OHL confirmed no checking this coming season. Anybody want to weigh in on how that affects Byfield's likelihood of making the jump to start next season?

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2317 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    OHL confirmed no checking this coming season. Anybody want to weigh in on how that affects Byfield's likelihood of making the jump to start next season?
    There is zero need to bring him up this coming season. This is a throw away season and no need for him to be in the mix. Next season will fly by, in fact it's almost November and we haven't missed a beat.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1783 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    There is zero need to bring him up this coming season. This is a throw away season and no need for him to be in the mix. Next season will fly by, in fact it's almost November and we haven't missed a beat.
    I agree there's no need to rush him up, but is keeping him in the OHL going to push his development as well as having him play in a professional league?

Jerseys need purple
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    420 Post(s)

Who the heck is going to care about men's hockey with no checking????

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4286 Post(s)

Speculation seems to indicate that QB would have to lose his spot on the big team rather than earn it.

"Physically, I think he has the ability to step in and play in the NHL with his size and playing ability," Kings general manager Rob Blake said. "I would say those players drafted in that type of level, there's always a look at them to see if they project to be in the NHL as soon as next year."

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4286 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Who the heck is going to care about men's hockey with no checking????
    Sounds more like pickup. Are women playing too?

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1783 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    Speculation seems to indicate that QB would have to lose his spot on the big team rather than earn it.
    I mean, i definitely suggested he stay down and not burn a year off his ELC, but with the move to non checking, it feels like perhaps the best play is probably to at least have him play in ontario. He would have been a guy on the cusp of needing to move up anyway, and now it feels like keeping him in the OHL may wind up being a detriment to his development. Whether he plays on the Kings or not, i just want whats best for his development.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    986 Post(s)

Given the most recent news from Pfizer and assuming it holds true as they move forward, the guidance from Health and Human Services is that they expect a vaccine to be available to everyone in the US by March/April, I wonder if the NHL will open up arenas full or at least half capacity at that time. IMO, once the vaccine is available, all bets are off and the doors need to open.

All Star
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2296 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Given the most recent news from Pfizer and assuming it holds true as they move forward, the guidance from Health and Human Services is that they expect a vaccine to be available to everyone in the US by March/April, I wonder if the NHL will open up arenas full or at least half capacity at that time. IMO, once the vaccine is available, all bets are off and the doors need to open.
    Doubtful. Perhaps indoor arenas (at least in CA) by summer at best, with limited capacity....but more than likely late 2021.

It's going to take many, many months to vaccinate enough people (assuming 90% efficacy) to get to heard immunity.....and this assumes nearly everyone gets the vaccine. It's going to take many, many, many months just to produce the nearly 300 million doses for the U.S.
    Truth be told, there are going to be many...shall we call them.....foolish people.....to be kind....that will not take the vaccine. This will slow the ability to "re-open" as the outbreaks will continue among the un-vaccinated, and force various portions of the economy to be "closed" due to outbreaks.

Most experts believe we will be wearing masks and social distancing (even with a vaccine distributed by early next year) for 2021.

The larger question is how long the vaccine is effective. 6 months? One year? Nobody knows for sure.
    It is assumed that the COVID-19 vaccine may be something taken annually from here on out.