Thread: Non-playoff teams to get extra camp time

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    685 Post(s)

It seems to me that there's a lot more to training camp than stretching of legs. I'm sure the teams are glad to have it. In fact, I suspect this is only happening because one or more of the seven teams asked for it.

If nothing else, it's a good "canary in the coal mine" for the other 24 teams, regarding the impact of COVID on camps and the effectiveness of pre-camp testing and quarantine regimens.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    358 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    Anyone who can make a difference on this team is already playing in Europe. There is no length of training camp that can help the rest of them, lol. 5 minutes, 5 days, 5 weeks isn't going to matter. But, yay, they are at least talking about training camps?
    Even though they are playing in Europe (which I agree is a good thing), there is a value of them playing in the Kings environment, with Kings coaches, and being at home.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    522 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    I agree about the vaccine but not for this goofy reason (hi moog- smile) but dove-tailing interests aside; short of a polio/smallpox vaccine scar it's going to be tough to authenticate vaccination.

Is that an autostereogram?

If I look at that long enough,
    I think I see Wayne Gretzky scoring a goal.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    522 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    It seems to me that there's a lot more to training camp than stretching of legs. I'm sure the teams are glad to have it. In fact, I suspect this is only happening because one or more of the seven teams asked for it.

If nothing else, it's a good "canary in the coal mine" for the other 24 teams, regarding the impact of COVID on camps and the effectiveness of pre-camp testing and quarantine regimens.
    Hey, any excuse for The Police . . .

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    736 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by triplcrown View Post
    Is that an autostereogram?

If I look at that long enough,
    I think I see Wayne Gretzky scoring a goal.

Two-way grinding forward
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

That's only fair. Those seven teams haven't played since March and if the Jan-01-2021 start date goes down, it would be 9-1/2 months since those guys did any meaningful skating. Even the NY Rangers, who went 3-and-out in the play-in round, could make a case, except that they played competitive hockey and got Lafreniere. It'll really be interesting to see how Dallas does after such a short off-season seeing as how banged up they were in the Finals. They'll have about a month shorter off-season than normal in which to recover from all the surgeries and other treatments that Finalists go through.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2317 Post(s)

Has the NHL shared what type of season they will be having next year? Similar to MLB for 60 games only in the Pacific? Obviously no fans until they play every game outdoors. Then 20% of capacity. Then playoffs back in a bubble without fans? I see they are letting a limited amount of fans in Europe to watch the games.
    Last edited by Ice24; October 23rd, 2020 at 01:47 PM.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    986 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    Has the NHL shared what type of season they will be having next year? Similar to MLB for 60 games only in the Pacific? Obviously no fans until they play every game outdoors. Then 20% of capacity. Then playoffs back in a bubble without fans? I see they are letting a limited amount of fans in Europe to watch the games.
    Not yet. They anticipate no fans at the beginning and still plan on a Jan 1 start but so many variables in play that could change that. Speculation is a shortened season, 1 time division realignment (like all Canadian teams in one div) and hopefully fans at some point.

Part IV. A new begining..
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    510 Post(s)

Are you READY.....

Two-way grinding forward
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    Last I heard they were looking at realigning for the coming season and doing hub cities by division. A Canadian division would then exist due to the issues surrounding the border regulations in Canada. The four hubs wouldn't be as locked down as they were in the playoffs so players would have more freedom and possibly have their families around. The season would be something like 48 games intra-division only, breaking down to two hubs then one as the playoffs progressed. Just rumors at this stage though.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk