1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)

Looks like the kid is a free agent now.

Gonna be a tough road for him. But thats the price to pay for stupidity.

https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/coy...er/c-319543540
    Last edited by kingnut; October 29th, 2020 at 01:04 PM.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3523 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    Hope he sees the light and makes an effort to be a better human.
    I agree, and although I think the odds of that happening are long, I sincerely hope that it does. That said, an NHL team had no business drafting this guy in 2020 with zero evidence that anything about him has changed. From everything I've read, his combine interviews DID NOT go well at all.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    736 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingnut View Post
    Looks like the kid is a free agent now.

Gonna be a tough road for him. But thats the price to pay for stupidity.

https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/coy...er/c-319543540

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3523 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    I don't know if it was intentional, but the choice of John Lennon to sing about an abusive, narcissistic ******* was inspired. And why is Yoko wearing a blindfold?

Retired Popo now Mr. Mom
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)

Sad to say (yes its my grumpy cynical mentality rearing its ugly head yet again) he is typical of today's entitled new generation. I doubt he will change and he will most likely blame the victim for his NHL misfortune and try to become a victim himself.
    We are the Samurai, the warrior elite who protect and serve. Armed and armored from head to toe, masters of our personal weapons and bound by Honor, Duty, Loyalty, and Honesty. We walk the long path into the places society would prefer forgotten, and chase those demons that most would run from screaming in fear. We are the Samurai.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    736 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    I don't know if it was intentional, but the choice of John Lennon to sing about an abusive, narcissistic ******* was inspired. And why is Yoko wearing a blindfold?
    It was pretty intentional. Mostly for the song title and content of the song (e.g. the superstar line). What's that brand of crazy when an event happens you hear a song? Well, when I read that AZ walked back their offer to Mitchell, that is the song I heard in my head.

Yoko in blindfold? Hmm. Welp, if it's 1970, my husband/boyfriend is John Lennon and I'm in a music video for this song, I know literally no one is looking at me. That blindfold reads pretty "thirsty" to me. Or, she was the first recipient of lasik and that was the post-op look. It's an either/or, really.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)

UND has backpeddled also
    https://www.tsn.ca/former-arizona-co...team-1.1545808

The sad part is theer has been no contrition on his part. As the mom of the bullied kid, stated, miller sent apologies to the 31 teams but not to to her son. self serving.

i hope miller can turn his life around as im sure he is feeling like it is all falling apart right now.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4286 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    I agree, and although I think the odds of that happening are long, I sincerely hope that it does. That said, an NHL team had no business drafting this guy in 2020 with zero evidence that anything about him has changed. From everything I've read, his combine interviews DID NOT go well at all.
    It really does reflect poorly on the Phoenix organization's preparation for the draft. Hard to believe NHL level scouting and management would ignore the red flags. And, of course, the kid has justifiably lost what he wanted most.

My comment was more as a parent than a hockey fan. I just want to believe that a 17 or 18-year old kid can be made to finally see the light of karma that is shining so brightly on him now. Racism and bullying are learned behaviors after all.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    It really does reflect poorly on the Phoenix organization's preparation for the draft. Hard to believe NHL level scouting and management would ignore the red flags. And, of course, the kid has justifiably lost what he wanted most.

My comment was more as a parent than a hockey fan. I just want to believe that a 17 or 18-year old kid can be made to finally see the light of karma that is shining so brightly on him now. Racism and bullying are learned behaviors after all.
    Was thinking of that also (learned behaviour). Did he learn that at home or in the billets or both? didnt want to speculate but the bottom line is this kid was probably subjected to this behaviour and the scary part is if it was in the billet, then there is an even bigger issue beyong the miller family.