Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1236 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reg or Rog? View Post
    Where's Bill Murray when you need him?

As if this novel coronavirus wasn't bad enough, with COVID-19 turning every day of 2020 into something out of the movie "Groundhog Day", the Kings are making their contribution to the monotony by starting out 2021 with two games so identical it's creepy.

The box scores are a virtual photocopy of each other, and I don't care if the team is made up of a combination of the Over the Hill Gang and some still wet-behind-the-ears kids covered with spots, these results are not acceptable. McLellan cannot be remotely happy with the way those two games ended. And I'm already starting to feel sorry for Quick.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Kings hockey is back...fans in the stands or not...but it would be nice if the Kings could figure out how to finish a damn game. This Groundhog Day stuff sucks.

Been following Kings since Rogie was in between those pipes. I'll never give up on them.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2366 Post(s)

My favorite moment, Sandstrom and Granato trade

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)

I just don't care for being called an idiot. I am not an idiot.
    Here's the problem. I DID NOT call you an idiot. Saying something is idiotic is commenting on the idea, not the commenter.
    Last edited by RagBone; January 19th, 2021 at 04:19 PM.

Would you Believe...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

This is LGK. It's spelled Idoit.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1042 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirJW View Post
    If we can't keep it civil and polite. This thread (& future) will be closed.
    Sorry. I deleted my post.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John a90 View Post
    Been following Kings since Rogie was in between those pipes. I'll never give up on them.
    In 1974 I was living in Hollywood with my grandfather and my ice hockey playing cousin when I was 15 and Rogie and Butch Goring were my favorite players. Since I couldn't skate, I was the practice goalie (I played first base, so I made a good goalie).

We practiced in the four-car driveway under the massive carport which was covered in corrugated metal sheeting...and every time I made a save, I banged my goalie stick on the sheeting above and yelled "ROGIE! ROGIE! ROGIE". After two years it ended up with this massive dent.

30 years later I'm driving by that old house with my second wife...and I had to stop and get out of the truck and get a closer look and check it out...and the dent in the carport was still clearly visible.

Man I loved those Kings. And it was so cool having a cousin and best friend that played ice hockey. I'm still so bummed I couldn't skate. I tried, but it wasn't going to happen. But I did a good Rogie impersonation !

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 05/29/93 View Post
    That is an awesome, AWESOME story (about the game, not your ladder accident, of course)!! It's hard to imagine anything toping the Miracle on Manchester, but it sounds like this did. I remember watching the last 10 minutes of the Frenzy game, and felt the Kings had a chance, despite being down 3-0. It's funny what you said about the momentum shifting after Thomas' goal, because it certainly felt like it did, just watching on TV.
    It was unreal. The sound in that arena was something I will never forget. Man, was it loud.

The Miracle on Manchester was a close second...it should probably be Numero Uno...but the vibe during The Frenzy was second to none. The best part of The Miracle was the look on Glen Sather's face. The a*hole was yucking it up pretty good after the second period. The Kings wiped that smile off of his face. He went from smirking to shocked pretty quick.

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1236 Post(s)

In 1974 I was living in Hollywood with my grandfather and my ice hockey playing cousin when I was 15 and Rogie and Butch Goring were my favorite players. Since I couldn't skate, I was the practice goalie (I played first base, so I made a good goalie).

We practiced in the four-car driveway under the massive carport which was covered in corrugated metal sheeting...and every time I made a save, I banged my goalie stick on the sheeting above and yelled "ROGIE! ROGIE! ROGIE". After two years it ended up with this massive dent.

30 years later I'm driving by that old house with my second wife...and I had to stop and get out of the truck and get a closer look and check it out...and the dent in the carport was still clearly visible.

Man I loved those Kings. And it was so cool having a cousin and best friend that played ice hockey. I'm still so bummed I couldn't skate. I tried, but it wasn't going to happen. But I did a good Rogie impersonation !
    Remember Butch and that weird looking helmet?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John a90 View Post
    Remember Butch and that weird looking helmet?
    Who could forget?

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4441 Post(s)

Who could forget?

He always had that roller derby jammer look.