1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    479 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    Did anyone have expectations this season? I thought this type of play was expected. The Kings will win games and they might go on a streak. They are not a playoff team, however they will improve and we will see what young players develop into NHL players. I like watching these players trying to earn jobs in the NHL. Im not a big fan of losing, however they have been in all three games they played this season.
    Yep. As remarkable as it seems, we are two bad calls and two nervous third periods away from being 3-0. If the Kings had kept their composure in the first two games, we win both. And if the refs had swallowed their whistles in the last game, we could have come away with a tie. At least.

As usual, I just want to win at this point. Draft picks are nice, but, with a few notable exceptions, there are never any guarantees. It's always a crap-shoot.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)

How and how well are NHL scouts going to able to evaluate the talent for this draft?

Are they going to watch video from 2 years ago?

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    Did anyone have expectations this season? I thought this type of play was expected. The Kings will win games and they might go on a streak. They are not a playoff team, however they will improve and we will see what young players develop into NHL players. I like watching these players trying to earn jobs in the NHL. Im not a big fan of losing, however they have been in all three games they played this season.
    I know it's only been one day but...this was too delicious to pass up.

Ice: Same. This may be you and I watching the Kings this year:

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3609 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    I know it's only been one day but...this was too delicious to pass up.

Ice: Same. This may be you and I watching the Kings this year:

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    479 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg33 View Post
    How and how well are NHL scouts going to able to evaluate the talent for this draft?

Are they going to watch video from 2 years ago?
    A very good point. I hadn't thought about that. It certainly changes the process. First hand intel may be difficult at this point. Hopefully the curve is flattening and this will be over sooner than later.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    479 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    Looks like me at the last Rams game in Anaheim in 1995. The wife and I had an entire section to ourselves. At least the beer lines were short.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    This picture is begging for a caption me contest. The first three that popped in my mind are absolutely below the belt. *laughing* I shall defer to cooler heads.

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3609 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    This picture is begging for a caption me contest. The first three that popped in my mind are absolutely below the belt. *laughing* I shall defer to cooler heads.
    What a gyp.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)

The expected lines tonight are:

Kempe Kopitar Iafallo
    Athanasiou Lizotte Carter
    Andersson Vilardi Brown
    Grundstrom Moore Amadio Wagner (3 of the 4)

To me, this is a good sign. Adding some speed to the first line and moving Brown to a more realistic role at this point in his career is the right move.

I'm not as down on Maatta as some are here. New team and no preseason games is a little rough for him. In any event, he's here to fill a hole until guys like Bjornfot are ready.

The key for this team is how well the older guys (Kopitar, Doughty, Brown, Carter and Quick) and the in-their-supposed-prime guys (Kempe, Iaffalo, Walker, Maatta and Athanasiou) can play. So far, I'm pleased with Carter, Quick and Athanasiou. The rest are a little iffy right now or worse.

We are playing 5 to 6 young guys a night. It's not realistic to play more than that.

To me, this season is a building up year after years of tearing down. Not realistic to expect much out of this squad. But McLellan seems to be willing to tinker now and given the early problems that's what he should be doing.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1855 Post(s)

^agreed

I said somewhere else that Kopitar needs somebody on his line with speed, so hopefully Kempe can provide that. And Brown is still a solid player, but he belongs on the 3rd line for sure. Also good to see Anderson getting a bit of a bump. With Brown in there to do the dirty work, hopefully Anderson can get some goal opportunities with Vilardi feeding him.