Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    317 Post(s)

Default Andreas Athanasiou

I know it's early but I really like this guy, he seems to have great chemistry with Jeff Carter. Do you think he is in the long term plans of the kings?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K-Man #32 View Post
    I know it's early but I really like this guy, he seems to have great chemistry with Jeff Carter. Do you think he is in the long term plans of the kings?
    He's a keeper. Definitely one of our bright spots.

And I never thought I'd say this again, but Carts is playing great. That BS call on him for interference helped us lose that game. It was a good clean hit. I want to see more of that.

Despite our record, we could easily be 3-0 or 2-0-1.

First and foremost the Kings need to stay out of the box...but that's hard to do when the refs makes calls like the one on Carts. And the call on Brown a few seconds later was just as egregious.

And I've given up trying to pronounce Athanasiou's name. It's just AA at this point. Hopefully that nickname won't drive him to drink.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1042 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K-Man #32 View Post
    I don't think he'll be in the long term plans, appears to be more of a bridge year pickup. Not sure we want him taking a roster spot from any of the kids that might be coming up next season i.e. Turcotte, Byfield, Arty Party, Kupari, etc. That being said, if he has a great season the Kings might want to keep him as you'll need a guy with a bit more seasoning than these kids.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4441 Post(s)

A young-ish, experienced left wing with elite speed and a good scoring touch has been a welcome addition.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1855 Post(s)

Literally anybody that can shoot the puck would be a welcome addition at this point.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3838 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    A young-ish, experienced left wing with elite speed and a good scoring touch has been a welcome addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    Literally anybody that can shoot the puck would be a welcome addition at this point.
    It's like if Wags could finish...

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    711 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    I don't think he'll be in the long term plans, appears to be more of a bridge year pickup. Not sure we want him taking a roster spot from any of the kids that might be coming up next season i.e. Turcotte, Byfield, Arty Party, Kupari, etc. That being said, if he has a great season the Kings might want to keep him as you'll need a guy with a bit more seasoning than these kids.
    We're usually in agreement, but I have to depart from you on this one. If his performance continues, I think he gets re-upped by LA. I wouldn't want to lose a player to open up a slot for another who just has potential at this point, hoping he becomes the player Athanasiou is. I hope that made sense.

Point being, he's already developed...if anything, I think his success makes certain mid to high-grade prospects less essential...or at least reduces the org's dependency on those prospects, to a certain extent.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1855 Post(s)

i can't fathom why they wouldnt sign him to like a 2-3 yr deal if he continues to play like he has to start the season. There's too many guys in the bottom 6 right now that could disappear tomorrow and nobody would really care.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4441 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    i can't fathom why they wouldnt sign him to like a 2-3 yr deal if he continues to play like he has to start the season. There's too many guys in the bottom 6 right now that could disappear tomorrow and nobody would really care.
    A lot of cap space comes back next year. They could definitely afford to keep him if it makes sense after this season ends. But then they would have to protect him... decisions...

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    892 Post(s)

Speed and finish--Yes Please. He should easily displace any scorong winger on this team. I'd say he is more valuable than Kempe at this point.