Thread: Ontario Reign on AHL TV, TALK 2021

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

I know Stothers was a hard-ass. Maybe Wrobo is too much of a player’s coach. He did say recently that the team needs to play in the here and now and stop dreaming of getting called up. Can’t help but wonder if all these players came in believing their own hype.

I admit to forgetting the context, but earlier in the season Thomas said “it’s no secret the Kings need to score more goals.” He seems like a good kid, but that pissed me off. None of these kids has any business even having an opinion about the Kings when they’re playing in the AHL and working to earn their due.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    194 Post(s)

DFL in AHL 1-8-1 3pts with the second-most games played
    "We couldn't check a hat" "Final: Sabres 5, Kings 1. Another atrocity committed against the game of hockey. @helenenothelen"

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    431 Post(s)

From the bits and pieces I caught they look as disjointed now as they did at the start of the year. Yeah lots of rookies and newcomers but it's been some time now and they still don't look like a team.

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    669 Post(s)

yeah, the coaching is bad. I hope Wroblewski is a good teacher cuz he's not a good coach. The players don't move to the puck and only a couple can keep the puck on their stick for a couple of seconds. Having a 3-0 lead after 1 period and then giving up 6 straight is a terrible look. I know they are young. But growing pains hurt.

People calling for Kaliyev and Byfield in the NHL (Bernstein) need to slow their roll. Kaliyev isn't even ready for the AHL yet. Byfield is getting more confidence each game but still needs to develop strength on his skates. Fagemo looks the closest. Plays a consistent game and has a GREAT shot.

Would you Believe...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)

Byfield had a pretty sweet assist on this power play goal:
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1366480177375682575

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    669 Post(s)
    Last edited by Trapper9; March 1st, 2021 at 06:30 PM.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

Lias Andersson drawing in for the Reign tonight. That’s a good move. Hopefully he gets into a rhythm.

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    669 Post(s)

With :30 seconds left in regulation, he DRILLED the crossbar from about 8 feet out. The puck carromed into Akil Thomas's chest and bounced into the net to tie the game.

For Wroblewski to say he wasn't very noticeable was wrong in my opinion. I could definitely tell when he was on the ice.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    431 Post(s)

Surprised how little talk there is about this. You can't draw too many conclusions from results alone but this is starting to become concerning. Byfield, Kaliyev and Turcotte have 2 goals combined between them. That's 5 less than Seth Jarvis (13th overall 2020). Hope the team wakes up soon.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    With :30 seconds left in regulation, he DRILLED the crossbar from about 8 feet out. The puck carromed into Akil Thomas's chest and bounced into the net to tie the game.

For Wroblewski to say he wasn't very noticeable was wrong in my opinion. I could definitely tell when he was on the ice.
    That’s good to hear. I watched the second half of Sunday’s game and definitely noticed him buzzing around. I see he has 3 pts in 3 games too.

Byfield is a great skater for his size. Strand looked solid and can really stickhandle. Clague looked passive and seemed to defer to Strand. Weird to see.

Otherwise what system are these guys playing? Condors had no problem setting up for shots and goals. The neutral zone coverage looked non-existent.