Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Kings and Eichel rumours (Friedman)

  1. #31
    It's all good man
    Bogey's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    27,628
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2889 Post(s)

    Default

    I'd dump Turcotte + for Eichel without a doubt.

    Turcotte way overrated, as his 0 points in 5 games attest.

    Kings should've picked Zegras.

  2. #32
    1st Scoring Line
    hokiecat's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,601
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1507 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jom View Post
    Agreed. You don't want to pull a "Vancouver" who traded Madden to us for Toffoli only to lose him as a UFA. To get Hall it would be similar. Not worth it.

    jom
    I wouldn't trade for Hall but I'd sign him as a UFA in the summer. Like I said above, he fills one of our bigger needs (could be biggest need the way the kids are playing on defense) on the wing and would cost less cap than Eichel.

  3. #33
    4th Line Grinder
    Pickle_Pucks's Avatar
    Karma: 1014000
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
    I'd dump Turcotte + for Eichel without a doubt.

    Turcotte way overrated, as his 0 points in 5 games attest.

    Kings should've picked Zegras.

    Turcotte + Thomas + 2021 first in a heartbeat.

    But it would take an upgrade on Thomas, at least, to make it happen.

  4. #34
    3rd Line Role Player
    DryKing's Avatar
    Karma: 1040000
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pickle_Pucks View Post
    Turcotte + Thomas + 2021 first in a heartbeat.

    But it would take an upgrade on Thomas, at least, to make it happen.
    I'd rather keep Turcotte and our 2021 first round pick (hopefully a future top tier defenseman) instead of picking up Eichel. Turcotte's injury pone nature is worrisome but I still think we build a better long term team keeping what we have than trading for Eichel.

  5. #35
    4th Line Grinder
    Pickle_Pucks's Avatar
    Karma: 1014000
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DryKing View Post
    I'd rather keep Turcotte and our 2021 first round pick (hopefully a future top tier defenseman) instead of picking up Eichel. Turcotte's injury pone nature is worrisome but I still think we build a better long term team keeping what we have than trading for Eichel.
    That 1st rounder could shape up in the 12-14 range. That's not all that valuable of a pick. With Turcotte and a mid level prospect as well, no GM says no to Buffalo for that deal IMO. You fit Eichel in where you have to, there's way too much value there. His age to cap hit factor isn't completely egregious.

    Buffalo would get completely lambasted for that deal. Never happens. But any GM would jump on that in a second.

  6. #36
    Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Trapper9's Avatar
    Karma: 4395500
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,376
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    669 Post(s)

    Default

    Uh-Oh!

    lisa dillman Retweeted
    Corey Masisak
    @cmasisak22

    6m
    Jack Eichel is listed as a scratch for the Sabres.


    OK, calm down, it was just updated, he's out with a lower body injury.
    Last edited by Trapper9; February 25th, 2021 at 05:23 PM.

  7. #37
    I was in the pool!!
    santiclaws's Avatar
    Karma: 19492656
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    17,356
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3669 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    Uh-Oh!

    lisa dillman Retweeted
    Corey Masisak
    @cmasisak22

    6m
    Jack Eichel is listed as a scratch for the Sabres.


    OK, calm down, it was just updated, he's out with a lower body injury.
    Spine out of alignment from sitting on that wallet

  8. #38
    Taxi Squad
    What party?'s Avatar
    Karma: 4419000
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    774 Post(s)

    Default

    Just checking in, is Jack a Ranger yet?
    Or Canuck (somehow) or Flame (no reason)?


    nah? pfft.

  9. #39
    3rd Line Role Player
    DryKing's Avatar
    Karma: 1040000
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pickle_Pucks View Post
    That 1st rounder could shape up in the 12-14 range. That's not all that valuable of a pick. With Turcotte and a mid level prospect as well, no GM says no to Buffalo for that deal IMO. You fit Eichel in where you have to, there's way too much value there. His age to cap hit factor isn't completely egregious.

    Buffalo would get completely lambasted for that deal. Never happens. But any GM would jump on that in a second.
    Totally understand your point, Eichel is an elite talent and chances of Turcotte developing to be equivalent are slim. That said I do think even at 12-14 there is good opportunity to pull in a much needed prospect (Luke Hughes for instance has been projected by some to fall into this range) and I still have faith Turcotte will play a valuable role on this team both offensively and defensively. Additionally not pulling in Eichel leaves us cap space to sign a high tier defenseman or winger which fills a more immediate, and long term, need. Unless the Eichel offer is too good to be true, I'd stick with what we have and then fill the gaps through free agency.

  10. #40
    The Working Man
    drums4dmf's Avatar
    Karma: 1139460
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DryKing View Post
    Totally understand your point, Eichel is an elite talent and chances of Turcotte developing to be equivalent are slim. That said I do think even at 12-14 there is good opportunity to pull in a much needed prospect (Luke Hughes for instance has been projected by some to fall into this range) and I still have faith Turcotte will play a valuable role on this team both offensively and defensively. Additionally not pulling in Eichel leaves us cap space to sign a high tier defenseman or winger which fills a more immediate, and long term, need. Unless the Eichel offer is too good to be true, I'd stick with what we have and then fill the gaps through free agency.
    Would love to draft Hughes but I think he's projected to go in the top 5. However there's a lot of LHD ranked in the top 20-25.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •